• Overall
    4.5 /5
    4.6 /5
    4.6 /5

About KPMG Spark

Cloud based online bookkeeping solution made for small business owners. Features include invoicing, payroll, & third part integration.

Learn more about KPMG Spark

William h. M.
Chairman and CEO
  • Reviewed on 10/12/2018

"Ideal Accounting solution for small businesses"

Comments: We can quickly see the monthly results of our business activities and make corrections in our business model much quicker than we were when we posted to QuickBooks and submitted the results to our account after the close of the quarter. It often would take them another 3 months to product our final reports, which put us behind in making needed corrections to keep our business profitable and growing at the rate we had forecasted.

Pros: We were please to be introduced to KPMG Bookly team at eBay Open this past summer. We had been planning to either go with QuickBooks Enterprise or Go Daddy Accounting for our new eCommerce business. With Bookly we not only have a software package to handle our accounting but a personal bookkeeper to make sure we are posting our accounting data correctly. We the other solutions we were considering, there was no personal interface, and we still would have had to hire an accountant to review our results after the fact. While we are fairly versed in sound accounting practices, it is great to have a bookkeeper looking over our shoulder to make sure we are consistently following the best practices for our accounting.

Cons: We would like to see a checklist added to Bookly to ensure we are consistently entering the required data for each aspect of our business each and every month.

• Reviewed on 10/12/2018
Robb braun ★.
Professional Training & Coaching, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 21/03/2019

"Trusted Support"

Comments: Time, time, time and peace of mind.

Pros: Frees me up like never before. Once the initial work of getting accounts synced up was done, the rest is automatic. Account representative then takes good care of me.

Cons: Doesn't fit on my laptop screen perfectly. I have to shift slightly left or right. That's my only con.

• Reviewed on 21/03/2019
Danielle P.
Restaurants, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 02/03/2017

"Alas...I've been saved!!!!`"

Comments: As a restaurant owner, I have no time (literally if i want to sleep!) to input all my sales/spending info so at the end of the month I can see where all my money went! This company syncs up to your bank account, gets your sales data and inputs everything so that I can see in one shot where my money is actually going and where I could use some help! Everyone that works over there has been so patient and helpful...I feel like God has finally answered my prayers! It's so easy and I mean we text back and forth!!! I don't have to answer phone calls and sit on phone sessions for hours to figure anything out..and if they have questions I answer them when I can!! I don't have to play phone tag to get my accountant on the phone! It's all done online. I do wish that they had a phone app (but they have assured me they are working on one!) This company has saved me and my tax accountant is so thankful for them!! They also do taxes but opted out of that for my business! In one sign in I can see what my business is worth and my net income. I use to do all this on my own but literally just have excel spreadsheets with data...and that's it nothing really to go on much other than totals for the week or the month! It wasn't telling me anything, I felt just more of wasting my time! This company uses everything; my spending, my income...categorizes it and then helps me see where I am spending too much and how it's affecting my overall net worth! I recommend this to everyone and anyone looking to streamline their business!

Pros: It's so easy to use and I love that we text back and forth!

Cons: I think it's more personal, but I do wish they would send me a text or an email when they ask me questions...otherwise I guess I need to just get into the habit of checking it more habitually!

• Reviewed on 02/03/2017
Anita G.
Wife of Owner
Recreational Facilities & Services, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 05/06/2017

"Bookly Makes Books Easy! I dreaded using other programs because I'm not the best with numbers."

Comments: Saved time by not spending hours trying to figure things out. Saved money not buying upgrades over and over for software that is too difficult to use. Saved my sanity by knowing that my books are correct at all times and having access to a real accountant everyday.

Pros: Automated and easy to keep up with monthly instead of waiting until the end of the year! Having a knowledgable accountant at my beck and call makes me feel confident that what I'm doing is correct always, and if I have a questions it is easily and quickly answered. I hated using other software programs like the one that just stopped supporting the version I was using because they want me to pay for another upgrade. With Bookly, there is no capital upgrade outlay, just a monthly fee that covers everything. I like the way the software pulls in my data in from my accounts and then my accountant just asks me simple questions about what the expense was for and then determines the correct category. I love the ease of being able to ask a question of my accountant and get an answer fast. I don't have to think about what I'm doing from day to day. I just login and see what our financial picture looks like. You won't find a software product with the simplicity and clarity than Bookly has. I love the weekly cash flow updates too. If Quickbooks or other programs are too difficult for you to use Bookly is your answer! It's far more valuable than the price charged. Peace of mind is priceless. I don't worry about receipts that I don't know what to do with. I just upload them and let my accountant handle it. It's like a Butler for your Books!

Jeff M.
Construction, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 11/04/2017

"Very happy"

Comments: Being new to owning a business it was nice to have someone in my corner explaining everything to me to take the stress away

Pros: Ease of use

Cons: Built very well for most companies however having a very small company a lot of what is offered is useless

• Reviewed on 11/04/2017
Ryan M.
Health, Wellness & Fitness, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 27/01/2017

"Bookly..... Bookkeeping has never been so easy!"

Comments: I absolutely love Bookly. Before Bookly, I had a mom and pop type company company helping me. It took weeks to months before I had accurate numbers to look at. Bookly gets me everything on a near day-2-day basis. I'm never going back!

Pros: Ease of use and customer support

Cons: Sometimes my accounts don't sync and sometimes recurring charges end up in the wrong places

• Reviewed on 27/01/2017
Sarah S.
Recreational Facilities & Services, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 16/05/2017

"Love working with the simplicity of Bookly! They are on point with how modern business is run."

Pros: Communicating with my accountant is simple and lots of transactions can be clarified in only a few minutes. Keeps everything organized and easy to read. Love the dashboard and how clean/clear everything looks. It's so easy for non-accounting business owners to keep on track with everything.

• Reviewed on 16/05/2017
Alex B.
manager
Package/Freight Delivery, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 11/10/2018

"Bookly has been great for our business"

Comments: Showing our full accounting at the click of a button has been great.

Pros: What we like most is the ease of using it. Once all the accounts are synced, there is nothing major that we have to do to see up to the minute accounting.

Cons: We haven't had any negative experiences.

• Reviewed on 11/10/2018
Roben A.
  • Reviewed on 30/10/2017

"Excellent bookkeeping website that helps keep my small business humming ."

Pros: Its soooo easy to use and run reports. It almost runs itself. One click and you can run and print an important financial report in 10 seconds or less

Cons: I wish there was a cash flow report that could be run as easily as a balance sheet. Also the Barclays Mastercard does not sync so constantly have to send in hard copies on excel to have actual person input the data.

Julio M.
Independent Business Owner
Consumer Services, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 04/01/2019

"Best Investment I've Made since opening my Biz!"

Comments: This year I feel a huge stress relief, the anxiety of getting my taxes done, finding a dependable accountant, not being charged for bad bookeeping, words can't describe how happy I am with my experience with KPMG SPARK!

Pros: I think what makes this software work are the accountants assigned to work with you. They are amazing at getting your businesses finances organized without the drama.

Cons: I wish I could approve access for my accountant to link to my financial accounts so that I didn't have to upload, download, statements, etc.

• Reviewed on 04/01/2019
Leslie T.
  • Reviewed on 30/10/2017

"Extremely slow service, after 12 months had to hire a cpa to Fox all the errors"

Comments: None

Cons: I had a very unpleasant experience. From the get go they were behind by several months. My numbers were never correct. I finally had to hire a cpa to get it all fixed and was told I would receive a refund. True to their form, I never received that refund and they stopped answering my emails. Extremely disappointing service.

Dani B.
Real Estate, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 07/09/2019

"This Company is Bookly"

Comments: My is experience was HORRIBLE. If you want proof, send me a private message and I will send you the email chain and proof of debits! They never paid anyone back. HORRIBLE COMPANY.

Pros: The idea is great but it is not executed well.

Cons: This software is coupled with a designated representative. DON'T BE FOOLED. RUN. This company changed its name from BOOKLY to KPMG Spark. They owe me thousands of dollars. Research BOOKLY.CO and you'll see.

• Reviewed on 07/09/2019
Muche U.
Lead Pastor
  • Reviewed on 11/10/2017

"Its been really good"

Pros: its very functional. The interface is easy to navigate and it's very accessible. The accessibility and functionality make it a win for me

Cons: no real cons. I feel like i would be making something up or nitpicking. If I must nitpick customizing it to look like our organization isnt intuitive

• Reviewed on 11/10/2017
Rahi R.
COO
  • Reviewed on 05/02/2016

"Don't waste your money"

Comments: Don't waste your time, if you want to get Audit with IRS you are more than welcome to use this company. The booking staff don't have that much knowledge and I had to hire someone else to do their JOB. Terrible Experience for sure.

• Reviewed on 05/02/2016
Sales Development Representative
Computer Software, 501-1,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 20/11/2018

"Bookly"

Pros: good transparency
east to use
quick data entry and exports

Cons: I dont get a text or an email when they ask me questions.
could have better notifications
better support.

• Reviewed on 20/11/2018
Joanne L.
Visiting Associate Professor
Higher Education
  • Reviewed on 21/06/2018

"Not for everyone. Software and Support are excellent, but not geared to my business needs."

Comments: First, it's not only software, there is a person at the company that is assigned to you and knowledgable about your account.
It helped me to get on top of my finances and get them organized. However, it's more for business and does not meet my needs. I switched to managing budgets and transactions at YNAB.

Pros: What I liked most was that I had a dedicated bookkeeper that I could work with, who was available and accessible. The software and communications process was easy. I didn't wast time trying to track anyone down. Response times are great. Everyone was easy to talk to and to work with. Polite, helpful, and responsive.

Cons: My "business" is low transaction with over fewer than 10 bank accounts. One account is a business account, the others (linked) are personal accounts. The issues I ran into are: 1) I needed reports by each of the accounts, that was not easily generated by bookly, my dedicated person had to do it manually. It was wonderful that they did, but it wasn't always correct (because it needed a lot of info from me) and so the reports weren't as useful as I had hoped. 2) Unforeseen problems: The "view only" access to my (personal) bank accounts triggered major problems. That second username triggered all my lined accounts to be unlinked and auto-payments stopped. I was NOT notified by the bank! My mortgage was late and I have to live with remove the late mark on my credit report. 3)Taxes: I wanted to submit them on time had my information to Bookly well in advance of April 15. They were not done on time, and they only have paper submissions now, so I had to print and mail all the forms. Furthermore, because they are submitted on paper, it takes several more weeks to have them processed by the IRS (and probably the states too).

• Reviewed on 21/06/2018
Kenny B.
Real Estate, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 10/07/2017

"Bookly charged me for services I never used."

Comments: Nothing but pain.

Pros: The software and concept are good but the company does not conduct itself professionally. They made assurances that they could come up with a solution but ultimately, they failed to do so and still wanted me to pay.

Cons: I received a trial subscription from Bookly and started working with some of their personnel. The staff were very friendly but were not knowledgable enough to figure out the complexity of my needs. Note that my needs were not that complicated. After trying to find a workable solution for me, they deemed I needed to use their partner software named Xero. After multiple attempts and phone conferences, they still were unable to come up with a system that would meet our needs. Subsequently, they ceased correspondence and since I was on a free trial, I let it go. Several months later I noticed on my credit card statement that they had been charging me monthly for their services. I reached out to them again multiple times and long story short, they wouldn't refund my money. I have all the emails to corroborate this story and ultimately, I had to go to my credit card company which disputed the charges and refunded my money. Needless to say, I was shocked and disappointed that Bookly would not refund the charges they had applied for work they never did. It's sad that I had to go to my credit card company to get things right.

• Reviewed on 10/07/2017
Desmond T.
Executive Officer
Real Estate, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 15/08/2018

"Amazing Serice"

Comments: I’m having an Amazing experience wiht Bookly! If you’re looking for bookkeeping for your business, this is the best service that’s out there, and you can’t beat the price for the value they provide which is really a lot of value. They actually should charge more for the service, but I don’t mind paying the current fees. However, I’m sure they’ll increase the price in the future as that’s normal for any business. Do yourself a favor and go ahead and get started NOW. You’ll thank yourself later, as you’ll more time to do what you do best in your own business.

Pros: Easy to use as the service connects directly to your account.
Weekly emails regarding your P&L
Easy to reach your accountant.
Affordable price.
Amazing support.
There’s so much more, I don’t have much time to list everything.

Cons: I don’t have any cons for Booky. The service has been so Amazing, I actually don’t have any cons.

• Reviewed on 15/08/2018
Elisa E.
Managing Partner
Health, Wellness & Fitness, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 12/07/2018

"Good booking system but lacks some basic functions"

Comments: Great for scheduling and booking.

Pros: This is a simple to using booking program that you can upgrade with add-ons. It is super easy to use and allows you to keep track of appointments.

Cons: It tends to get very glitchy and as wordpress updates, they don't release patches as quickly as they probably should. If you email customer service, they do respond, but sometimes it takes a while to get a response.

• Reviewed on 12/07/2018
Ryan L.
Real Estate, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 01/03/2017

"Value is worth the cost"

Comments: The value is 100% worth the cost. Bookly's accounting software isn't as high speed as as quickbooks. However, they make it up with their customer support. The cost of bookkeeping from Bookly is best I've seen on the market.

Pros: It is simple and user friendly.

Cons: I am not able to upload my own transactions VIA a CSV file. And the limited amount of reports the software is able to generate.

• Reviewed on 01/03/2017
Paul R.
Food & Beverages, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 03/01/2019

"Game Changer"

Pros: Spark makes it easy for me to focus on my customers and not spending my time worried about keeping order of my books. The staff is super helpful and always available to answer any random question I may have about how my money is flowing.

Cons: I Don't have anything that I would list as a con. Thank you Spark for letting me focus on whats important.

• Reviewed on 03/01/2019
Greg M.
Insurance, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 19/01/2018

"Great service and easy to use."

Pros: Support behind platform is what stands out. The layout and reporting is just what most small business's need.

Cons: An occasional glitch in the reports happens, but the support after the fact is great. Other than that no problems.

• Reviewed on 19/01/2018
Jeremy E.
Marketing Consultant

"Great Programs"

Comments: Its all in one and easy to use.

Pros: I like how it has everything in one. I can do my invoicing and keep up with all my finances. I do a lot of work out of office and can keep up with all my billing and finances on my Ipad. I highly recommend the program

Cons: I have been trying to change the name of my company, I can't find how to do that. We renamed our company. I also am having problems downloading my bank account information into Bookly. I haven't contacted support yet.

Sumit S.
Retail, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 02/08/2017

"Had one of the worst experience with them, using their bookkeeping and tax filing services!"

Comments: unnecessary stress, the thing I thought they would help solve with their service

Pros: - Supposedly cheaper than a traditional bookkeeper, but the amount of time you spend correcting them is not worth it.
- Friendly sales people, but poor problem solving skills. I had to follow up with them constantly to get work done.

Cons: Everything. They could not deliver what they promised. Over-promise, under-deliver should be their moto. Plus they have a gap in their tax filing process, but they would not own up to it. It has cost me more than IRS fees due to their oversight and mistake.

• Reviewed on 02/08/2017
Rebecca W.
Consumer Services, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 07/02/2017

"I actually look forward to financial meetings!"

Comments: I could not be happier or more impressed with the bookly team. They are wonderful to work with, really know what they're doing and have an amazing work ethic, while still managing to be calm, friendly and relaxing to work with. They keep coming to my financial rescue time and time again. They are also helping a complete procrastinator and slacker like myself get ahead of problems and truly be on top of my businesses finances. The most amazing part is how little time it is taking me to make that happen. They have streamlined the process and the amount of work required from me is minimal. i truly could not imagine finding a better financial service.

Pros: Ease of use

Cons: Nothing. It's amazing.

• Reviewed on 07/02/2017