Employment Hero Reviews

by Employment Hero

• Overall

About Employment Hero

HR, Payroll and People Management, from anywhere. Connecting employers and employees in the new world of work.

Learn more about Employment Hero

Katri T.
HR & Office Manager
Retail, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 28/02/2020

"Easy to use and customise to our needs!"

Comments: The onboarding is great, we have induction content so that new employees are familiar with our business and can complete tasks before they start.

Pros: In love how easy it is to use and customise to our needs. The customer support is also amazing!

Cons: I would like an easy way to get a list of employee start dates and date of birth and be able to quickly get a list of employee teams. This may be available in the premium options, but not the one we are using.

by Employment Hero on 28/03/2020

Hi Katri,

Thank you for taking the time to review Employment Hero. We love hearing about how we've made it easier for Dinner Twist to onboard new employees and that you can build such a personalised onboarding experience for your company!

We look forward to supporting you and the team for many years to come.

All the best,

Alexandra M.
HR Advisor
Management Consulting, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 26/05/2020

"Employment Hero as a great HR tool"

Comments: It supports the development of HR as a value add function. As the HR processes are more efficient and easier for employees, they tend to be more involved in the HR initiatives. Also, the information collected is reported graphically, making the analysis and decision making faster and more accurate.

Pros: The great advantages of Employment Hero are the excellent understanding of the HR/Payroll processes and Australian legislation; the innovation and continuous improvement of the software and the clean/user friendly layout and user experience.

Cons: I think the Performance Review process is not as developed as other features within the software.
It can be more flexible and 360 degree, allowing a more robust tool to develop employees.
I think if improved, it would add a significant value to the organisations. After all feedback is one of the most powerful tools of development.

Alternatives Considered: HR Central, BambooHR, Xero and ELMO Software

Switched From: Xero

Reasons for Switching to Employment Hero: Australian Servers Local experience (Australian product) Flexibility Extra features (GO, HERO Dollars) User friendly Overall, good value for price

by Employment Hero on 04/06/2020

Hi Alexandra,

Thank you so much for reviewing Employment Hero. We're sure the detail you've shared will be a huge help to other people managers in search of their own HRIS solutions! We love that your employees find it so easy to use too.

Thank you also for the feedback regarding our Performance Reviews module. We've passed this on to the product team now.

The Team at Employment Hero

• Reviewed on 26/05/2020
Damian P.
General Manager
Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 06/03/2018

"Great software let down by appalling customer service. They took forever to implement, do not answer the phone, and take a long time to respond to email tickets."

Pros: Very easy to use and has some great features. Great integration with company process and policy. Integrates well with Clock-me-in app and the EH mobile app is easy to use.

Cons: Does not manage attendance of salaried employees well, and adds time/attendance to their salary unless manually adjusted each payrun.

by Employment Hero on 08/05/2019

Hi Damian,

Thanks for taking the time to review Employment Hero. It seems that there were a couple of issues you had with the platform. I hope these have since been rectified and that you're finding the platform more rewarding now. Regardless, I've passed on your feedback to our product team.

• Reviewed on 06/03/2018
Jenifer P.
Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 19/05/2017

"Good"

Pros: The training has some good videos available. Customer support was good once they got back to me.

Cons: I found the lengthy setup process frustrating. It's not a one step process. Customer support took a while to get back to me with set up issues.

Hi Jennifer

Thanks for reviewing Employment Hero. We're sorry to hear that your implementation process wasn't as seamless as we intend it to be. It is definitely a process to make sure everything is working perfectly when you launch, but we pride ourselves on supporting our customers quickly and efficiently. We're sorry this wasn't your experience and I hope that since you left this review, you've had a better time with Employment Hero.

• Reviewed on 19/05/2017
Morten F.
Video Editor
Entertainment, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 11/12/2018

"Easy to use and great rewards"

Pros: I love the easy usage, and that the layout of the client is easy to navigate in. Also, they have great rewards on offer.

Cons: Some issues with picking what type of leave I put in, but that might have been fixed.

by Employment Hero on 11/04/2019

Thanks for your review, Morten! We're always work to make Employment Hero the best HRIS on the market, so it's great to see you're enjoying it.

• Reviewed on 11/12/2018
Kurt S.
Health, Wellness & Fitness, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 29/03/2021

"Big Disappointment So Far"

Comments: Zero star experience so far with HR and LMS implementation. Started much later than we clearly said that we needed. Was auto enrolled into hours of webinars with two days notice with no regards for our full calendar and business travel commitments. Am currently considering dropping down to the minimum number of employees to see out my contract and then putting my team in another software solution - and that includes LMS and Payroll. We expected a lot more from conversations on the sales calls. Hasn't lived up to promises in Payroll either. Xero has better payroll system with more functionality and better value.
There are much better value LMS systems out there as well. (TalentLMS)

Pros: Had potential if it was delivered as promised, the problem is getting it set up has been extremely difficult.

Cons: The setup process has been a disappointing experience.

• Reviewed on 29/03/2021
Kim R.
Director of Integration, Operations & Experience
Architecture & Planning, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 31/03/2020

"All your HR and Payroll requirements centralised"

Comments: We are still in the early stages but overall, the integration of Hero Payroll and Employment Hero will ultimately save us hundreds of hours a year.

Pros: The software is easy to use and intuitive. Navigation is easy and logical. Having all employee info in one place is fantastic. Being able to issue contracts online as well as speed up onboarding is a bonus. HR templates, documents are available to modify and the new Covid-19 documentation has been invaluable.

Cons: Nothing comes to mind. Easy to navigate.

by Employment Hero on 16/04/2020

Hi Kim,

Thank you for taking the time share your experiences with Employment Hero! We're so glad to hear you've found the platform easy to use and helpful.

Though we wish it wasn't necessary, we're grateful to be able to support you and the team through the Covid-19 pandemic and will continue to do so until we're all on the other side of this.

• Reviewed on 31/03/2020
Michelle G.
Director of People and Operations
  • Reviewed on 04/08/2017

"I am very happy with Employment Hero, it does everything I need and it is easy to use."

Comments: It has streamlined my HR processes and it ensures that all employees must read and acknowledge the polices in place.

Pros: The ease of use, and how it is laid out would be what I like most about the software. Also that it integrates with my accounting software.

Cons: For what I needed it for, there isn't really much I don't like. Probably the only thing would be that there are fields in Employment Hero that I had to manual enter because it is not captured in my accounting software, which is more of a problem with the accounting software.

by Employment Hero on 28/05/2019

Thanks for giving Employment Hero such a lovely review, Michelle! It's great to see that we've helped streamline your HR admin and that you can feel confident your employees are acknowledging your policies.

• Reviewed on 04/08/2017
Adrian P.
Chief Operating Officer Oceania
  • Reviewed on 20/09/2017

"Managing people is hard, EH makes it a little easier."

Pros: Simplicity in the cloud, connecting the company with the employees and informing the managers. As an exec being able to access contracts in real time, without a request via a person enables me to explore opportunities quicker.

Cons: Some obvious features still to evolve. Being able to generate lists of Employees with Annual Salaries, or Employees and their Notice periods. No doubt it will come. Lacks the ability to give admin access over groups. NZ next, please?

by Employment Hero on 24/05/2019

Hi Adrian,

Thanks for taking the time to review Employment Hero. It's great to see that the platform is helping your company connect better and that we're saving you time, too.

Keep an eye out for Employment Hero in NZ - it's on the cards...

• Reviewed on 20/09/2017
Ellena Y.
HR & HSE Manager
Oil & Energy, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 06/02/2018

"Easy to navigate and upload information. Good help to get started."

Comments: A fully functional HRIS system that improves due to the updates they make. It's perfect for our size business that is growing.

Pros: Has a lot of features and is free of charge when using their preferred superannuation fund for new employees. Amazing system for free!!!

Cons: Would be great to have a working training matrix eventually and a fully operational recruiting system.

by Employment Hero on 13/05/2019

Hi Ellena,

Thanks for giving Employment Hero such a fantastic review! We hope you're still enjoying the platform, especially now with the Jobadder integration, which allows an end-to-end employee experience from recruitment to offboarding.

Have a lovely day,

• Reviewed on 06/02/2018
Mandy B.
  • Reviewed on 15/02/2018

"Love it, saves time and paper and makes life easier."

Pros: The review section and building my own templates, use of timesheets, compliance are staffing credentials and a lot more.

Cons: Takes time to learn how to use all facets of the software, I am short on time unfortunately so I haven't used all.

by Employment Hero on 08/05/2019

Thanks for giving Employment Hero such an awesome review, Mandy. It's great to see that Employment Hero is making your life easier at work. We're always investing in the product and specifically the user experience, so we hope that you're better able to navigate the platform now.

• Reviewed on 15/02/2018
Georgie K.
Human Resources Manager
11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 15/06/2018

"Easy to use platform that employees enjoy interacting with - but don't expect customer service or support."

Comments: Good functions and an easy to use platform don't compensate for lack of support or customer service.

Pros: Has cut down on our paper trail. It's good having all the HR documents uploaded in one place that can be accessed by employees.

Cons: Little to no customer support. All correspondence must be by email which is slow and ineffective. EH changed to a 'pay-for-support' arrangement after our company had already signed up - so the appealing point of difference that made EH stand out is now gone. The platform is expensive and can only be paid for by direct debit - which would be okay if invoicing was accurate and correct. We are now looking at other platforms but it's a bit like deciding you want a different breed of puppy after you've house-trained the first one.

by Employment Hero on 23/04/2019

Hi Georgie, I know I'm a little bit late to the game here but I wanted to address your concerns regarding our customer support team. In the past 9 months, we've worked tirelessly to improve our response times and expanding our support resources. We've also introduced a brand new education tool that guides users through the platform, step by step, reducing the reliance on our support team. I guess what we're saying is, we can still be that puppy!

Hope to see you on the platform soon,

• Reviewed on 15/06/2018
Nadine H.
Operations
E-Learning, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 24/04/2018

"Love it, really easy to use."

Comments: Streamlined our onboarding & HR document management.

Pros: There's no guess work. The menu options are clear and the interface is easy to use. I love the employee onboarding function, the seamless integration with our accounting software & the ability to store all our HR docs in each employee's file for easy access.

Cons: Can't fault it. It's the easiest system implementation I've been part of and the support team are great.

by Employment Hero on 24/04/2019

Woah, what a great review! Thanks for giving us such glowing feedback, Nadine. We live to make your world better at work, so to know that we're doing just that for you and your team is amazing.

• Reviewed on 24/04/2018
Ashleigh O.
Business Administration Manager
Publishing, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 07/06/2019

"Employment Hero Review"

Comments: It has made my job so much easier in relation to HR. It saves me time, money and overall my employees are happier using the system and being able to have everything in one place and online.

Pros: It is easy to use and simplifies a lot of what would be manual processes when it comes to HR and on-boarding of staff.

Cons: There is so much more you could do with this platform - expense claims for example.
Also letting people know when there is another Beta option to try out, I have rung up in the past to find out about any.

by Employment Hero on 25/06/2019

Hi Ashleigh,

Thank you for taking the time to review Employment Hero. Our passion is to make employment easier for everyone so it's really exciting to see we've been able to help you achieve this!

It's great to see you're interested in our beta testing. I've passed on your details to our product team and they will definitely be in touch in the near future!

• Reviewed on 07/06/2019
Marie C.
Renewables & Environment, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 08/07/2019

"Easy Peasy"

Comments: Plug and play software for HR, can upload toolbox or site inductions for remote employees in the field to complete wherever they are! Hero shop gives us as small employers the same advantage as big business we can entice top employees to stay because they have the same benefits and discounts from the platform. A happy employee is a productive employee - Thanks Hero!

Pros: Easy HR Docs, templates in the box software, just add company logos and additional company details or leave out what isn't relevant - easy peasy!

Cons: Integration with payroll is still a little clunky - Admin/owner have duplicate file, ended employees show as errors. Payslips do not show annual leave balances. In time I am sure this will be resolved

Hi Marie,

Thanks for reviewing Employment Hero and giving the platform top marks! We're really excited to see that you find the platform so helpful, especially when it comes to competing with bigger businesses.

I've just sent you an email regarding the duplicate accounts.

Speak soon,

• Reviewed on 08/07/2019
Lisa H.
HR Manager
  • Reviewed on 15/01/2018

"We implemented Employment Hero in August 2017 and it has really helped streamline our HR practices."

Pros: Employment Hero has allowed us to move on from a lot of the manual practices that we had in place. It's so much more efficient for us to send our contract electronically and have all personal details in one place. It has really taken away a lot of manual work and simplified things for us.
We also love being able to pull standard reports quickly such as staff numbers, anniversaries and gender numbers.

Cons: It would be really great to be able to have our International staff on EH as well. And I do find some of the reporting a little tricky but its nothing that I cant work around.

by Employment Hero on 23/05/2019

Hi Lisa,

A massive thank you from the Employment Hero team for your review of the platform! We love that we're making things more efficient and the reporting feature is making your life easier.

• Reviewed on 15/01/2018
Darrin W.
Executive Officer
Transportation/Trucking/Railroad, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 10/03/2021

"A great paperless system"

Comments: Excellent

Pros: South West Community Transport have been using Employment Hero for 6 months now and it has improved our H.R. immensly. We are now nearly paperless with all our document controls, contracts, training, Performance reviews and procedures. Employment hero makes it very easy for staff to access their personal files at anytime of the day or night from any location and allows management to deliver compulsory reading, updates and most other things electronically.
The system is great, economical and we are not even using it to its full potential yet.
I strongly recommend Employment hero as an electronic alternative to a paper based H.R. system

Cons: We could use more flexability to change things within the contracts and also to have the ability to advertise casual roles.

• Reviewed on 10/03/2021
David P.
Health, Wellness & Fitness, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 09/07/2019

"Makes life simple"

Comments: Employment Hero has made our HR life easier, it provides one place to keep all our staff files and talks to Xero. We are still not using it to its 100% functionality, but finding better ways each day. Customer support is excellent.

Pros: The ease of use and Xero integration and being cloud-based

Cons: can't say at this stage, we haven't found many issues and we are not using the software at its full capacity.

Hi David,

Thanks for giving Employment Hero such a glowing recommendation! We're happy to see that you're finding it easy to use so far and if you need any help understanding the features, please shoot us an email at [email protected]

Have a lovely day,

• Reviewed on 09/07/2019
Savannah S.
Delivery Supervisor
  • Reviewed on 01/02/2018

"The Employment Hero platform has introduced an effortless and smooth transition to our company."

Pros: Functionality of having the mobile app for employees to log their leave requests, timsheets, view the staff directory and the web-based userface for being able to record, track and manage employees. Also, the on-boarding features are very time sufficient. In the past, our company documented everything manually and printed pages of contracts which would require a physical with signature. Now with Employment Hero everything is completed on the platform and located in one central location and new employees have the ability to login and view as well as digitally sign their employment contract/offer of employment. The ability to review payslips is also a great and private feature of Employment Hero - It is something we are not using at the moment but at looking at phasing out in the near future.

Cons: I don't really have any con's of the software application within Employment Hero. Maybe the opportunity to have a Time in Lieu (TOIL) reporting system can be explored by the developers would assist us more in our operations functions.

by Employment Hero on 13/05/2019

Hi Savannah,

Thanks for giving Employment Hero such an amazing review! It's great to see you're getting so much utility out of the platform and finding use in so many different features.

• Reviewed on 01/02/2018
Samantha J.
Financial Controller
Facilities Services, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 28/02/2020

"All our HR needs on one platform"

Pros: Onboarding our employees is a simple and easy process. All HR records are kept in one place and we are able to keep paper files to a minimum.

Cons: Some of the reporting features are not as straightforward as they should be - such as not being able to report on multiple leave types

by Employment Hero on 28/03/2020

Hi Samantha,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experiences with Employment Hero; Paperless HR is much easier than the alternative! It's great to see that you enjoy the employee onboarding function too.

You are able to run reports on the different leave types via our custom reporting function. I'll send you an email shortly with more details.

Matt B.
Telecommunications, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 06/07/2017

"Great customer service, easy to use product"

Comments: Everything about Employment Hero is easy to use and easy to understand. Has helped our organisation do paperless with HR and track/control more with less effort (better than our previous system combination of software/files/folers).

Pros: The ability to upload policies, HR documents and the system tracks the completion/acknowledgment for you in a fast and simple way. The people behind the customer service are responsive and helpful so it's not just "software as a service"..you get great support too.

Cons: It does everything it says it does well. The way people can sign documents on their phones/tablets/computers is a little inaccurate (turns your signature into more of a scribble) which should be improved, but that's mostly cosmetic.

by Employment Hero on 28/05/2019

Thanks for taking the time to give Employment Hero such an amazing review, Matt! It's so great to see that you find Employment Hero easy to use and intuitive. We're happy to have helped you go paperless and even happier to see you're pleased with our customer service - we aim to please!

• Reviewed on 06/07/2017
Ashley C.
Finance & Administration Manager
Information Services, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 04/07/2019

"Great Platform"

Comments: We have been with EH for almost 3 years now and it has been great to watch the platform continuously grow and improve. Overall it has been a positive experience for us and has provided piece of mind when it comes to HR and payroll processes. We also really enjoy the Employment Hero News articles.

Pros: EH has allowed us to streamline our on boarding and payroll process while keeping us completely paperless. It has created so much ease for imputing employee information, managing leave requests and processing payroll. Staff love the app and the ease it provides in updating personal details and submitting leave.

Cons: The reporting functionality and the visualisation of the reports could be improved and possibly being able to customise the Security Groups in more detail.

Hi Ashley,

Thank you for your positive and detailed review of Employment Hero. It's great to see that you're finding it easier to onboard new employees, manage leave requests and process your payroll with Employment Hero.

I also appreciate your feedback regarding the reporting feature. I've passed it on to our product team and as you know, we're always working hard to ensure that Employment Hero is the best HRIS available.

• Reviewed on 04/07/2019
Malin B.
People and Culture Leader
  • Reviewed on 12/04/2021

"Review for Employment Hero"

Pros: Employment Hero is super easy to use. The instant benefit we received was taking our onboarding and HR to a system with paperless processes. Long term I'm looking forward to have all information in one place which can easily be tracked and reported on. Employment Hero also has so many great special features, and they keep adding to the platform to stay ahead of times and provide value to its costumers. Customer service is excellent, quick response and helpful, friendly team!

Cons: The cons we are facing at the moment is missing out on some of the payroll functions as we are running payroll through another system.

• Reviewed on 12/04/2021
Abhi B.
Information Systems Manager
Consumer Services, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 03/10/2019

"Easy to manage HR & Payroll"

Comments: We are really happy with overall progress. EH has reduced our payroll process from 8hrs to 2hrs.
It has made onboarding a very easy and paperless.
Very supporting staff members, quick response to questions and suggest better way of operating.

Pros: 1. Ease of onboarding/offboarding employees
2. Digital acknowledgment of documents
3. Checklist
4. Timesheet & Leave request through app and full audit reports

Cons: 1. Connection with Payroll portal is still very limited - need improvements in area like excluding Apprentice from payroll tax, applying rule set (setup in Payroll) while onboarding through HR
2. Incident report from App not available
3. Give contractor more visibility on HR
4. Not to do with software but overall training provided wasn't great and no handover document was provided

Alternatives Considered: MicrOpay

Reasons for Choosing Employment Hero: 1. No HR functionality 2. Manual Timesheet Management 3. Manual Leave Management

Switched From: MYOB Essentials

Reasons for Switching to Employment Hero: 1. My past experience with EH 2. Cost vs benefit 3. User-interface is far better than Sage

by Employment Hero on 16/10/2019

Hi Abhi,

Thank you for reviewing Employment Hero and taking the time to give us such valuable feedback. It's great to see Employment Hero has had such a positive impact on your HR and payroll processes despite the limitations you've experienced.

I've passed your feedback on to our product team. Hopefully we will be able to make these updates in the future.

• Reviewed on 03/10/2019
Deep S.
Finance Manager
Logistics & Supply Chain, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 29/04/2021

"Employment Hero is Hero"

Comments: My experience with EH has bee great and very satisfactory. I will recommend this software to anyone wanting to make a difference in Human Resources processes in their company

Pros: Employment hero is user friendly and so easy to use. With the click of a button you can automate a variety of Human Resources and Payroll process within you company.
The customisation and ready to use functionality of this software allows you to implement this internally without any need for third party specialist.

Cons: Inability and restriction on scheduling report, announcement etc means you cannot customise this .
It will be great if more research and development is done on scheduling reports, announcements etc .

Alternatives Considered: SAP Concur and ELMO Software

Reasons for Switching to Employment Hero: As a small business the easy of implementation was the key selling point. For a finance and HR person to implement this by themselves and run and customise it within a week with no need to have third party specialists is the winner. And the price is great value for money.

• Reviewed on 29/04/2021