15 years helping Australian businesses

About Atera

Atera’s next generation patch management helps IT professionals win back hundreds of valuable hours. Try for Free now!

Learn more about Atera

Pros:

Atera has all the features that we were looking for. Adding another device to monitor is easy and does not increase your costs.

Cons:

Lack of some of the features that are presented in similar prices products.

Atera ratings

4.6
4.5
4.3
4.6

8.9/10

Atera has an overall rating of 4.6 out 5 stars based on 372 user reviews on Capterra.

Have you used Atera before?

Kelly
Kelly
Owner in Canada
Computer & Network Security, 2–10 Employees

A leading per tech licenced RMM

5.0 2 months ago New

Comments: We’ve had a great experience with a terror and a happy that we switched to them. We’ve rolled our ticketing system into theirs as well, so that everything’s in one spot for tracking and reporting back to our clients. It’s been a great for our organization highly recommend it.

Pros:

I like it being all in one place and intuitive to use. The new addition of AI to help with tickets is great built-in support for remote. Makes it easier to connect clients.

Cons:

The inability to add month-to-month Technicians is if you’re on a yearly commit

Al

Atrea - Excellent choice for starting or growing MSP's

5.0 2 months ago New

Comments: Excellent. They have consistenly delivered and support has been wonderful and efficient.

Pros:

For a low entry cost you are getting a ton of features and great support. Atera is very responsive and is constantly release new features suggested by the community. Atera is easy to learn and use. New technicians are up and running in no time.

Cons:

Reports and 3rd party integration is improving but still has more to go.

Alternatives Considered: Syncro , ConnectWise Automate and Autotask PSA

Reasons for Choosing Atera: We switched before the SolarWinds hack. When Covid hit SolarWinds was not responsive...so we switched providers and never looked back.

Switched From: SolarWinds Service Desk

Reasons for Switching to Atera: Had all the features at an increadible price.

Rob
Founder in UK
Information Technology & Services, 2–10 Employees

If you don’t need a mobile app or decent support it’s OK

2.0 3 weeks ago New

Comments: It’s an ok platform if you don’t want the fundamentals. Support is lacking, and they are obsessed with ai integration without fixing or implementing the basics first

Pros:

The interface is clean and easy to navigate

Cons:

Support and mobile app are lacking massively. Updates are infrequent and roadmap although now public is not kept to schedule.

Alternatives Considered: Syncro

Reasons for Choosing Atera: Wanted to have a platform that included RMM and PSA

Switched From: Zendesk Suite

Reasons for Switching to Atera: Cost per endpoint vs cost per user was a big factor

Benjamin
IT Manager in Canada
Mining & Metals, 11–50 Employees

Perfect All in One Remote Support Solution

5.0 2 months ago New

Comments: Very pleased with the pricing, support and offered features and implementations.

Pros:

Perfect for remotely administrating a variety of different operating systems and systems. We are a fully cloud, remote camps with StarLink and work-from-home-based company and Atera helps our IT team tremendously to keep an overview of all running systems and clients. We use a variety of functionality from patch management, over remote monitoring to the general support help desk. And if something doesn't work as expected Atera's support is just a chat away to investigate and support. Implements well with various 3rd party solutions, from Cyber Security to Backup, etc. including a steep discount on these services compared to the regular pricing.

Cons:

A lot of additional features have been moved from a free tier to a paid tier now including the very helpful new AI features. However, since the base pricing is already pretty low it is not a massive concern to have these packages added to our service.

Alternatives Considered: Datto RMM , ConnectWise ScreenConnect and NinjaOne

Reasons for Switching to Atera: Pricing and features offered. Pricing per technician is a game changer and allows to us better forecast the spending.

Taylor
President in US
Information Services, 2–10 Employees

Number 1 On the Community Page

4.0 2 months ago New

Comments: Overall, it has been very positive; however, over the last 6-12 months, development has slowed down a lot (this may not be the case; Atera is very secretive about what is being developed). I love the community and Atera, but I don't like how they have handled price increases and features being broken into separate billed items.

Pros:

I love the product and most of its features. The support has been good when I have used it, and the community is rock solid. It is easy to use and easy on the eyes, meaning the UI is well thought out.

Cons:

The Feature Board is filled with Years of requests, some of which are essential features of an RMM or PSA. In my opinion, the Knowledge Base is useless in its current state, especially for saving passwords. No 2FA sharing means it is not helpful at all in IT. The recent Price Hikes and bait and switch on the AI features are a real slap in the face, in my opinion. Atera lacks a good handle on being open with what is happening with development and changes. I might freak out if I hear "it's on the roadmap" one more time. When? Two months from now or three years from now, as other requests have waited?

Alternatives Considered: Kaseya VSA , NinjaOne , SuperOps.ai and Pulseway

Reasons for Switching to Atera: We choose it because of the price per-tech licensing and ease of use. Now the price has gone up, the per-tech licensing is starting to become a lot more expensive than alternative options that do per endpoint.

Luther
Director of Operations in US
Individual & Family Services, 51–200 Employees

Atera is a Great Fit for our Organization

5.0 2 months ago New

Comments: We have been very pleased with Atera. We utilized Atera to bring our Network Management in house. This reduced our operating costs and increased our efficiency at troubleshooting.

Pros:

The ease of use, the AI implementation for enduser support and script creation. The remote access and monitoring

Cons:

No cons at this moment! Atera has been working just as expected and we continue to explore the functionality.

Alternatives Considered: ManageEngine Endpoint Central

Reasons for Choosing Atera: Cost, functionality, ease of use, integration with other support services.

Switched From: ManageEngine Endpoint Central

Reasons for Switching to Atera: Cost, functionality, ease of use, integration with other support services.

Patrick
Network Administrator in US
Education Management, 201–500 Employees

Looking forward to what the roadmap shows for the future of Atera

5.0 2 months ago New

Comments: My overall experience has been great with Atera. I also enjoy the webinars they throw to show end users roadmaps for new implementations and also current pieces many users do not realize they have access to with the suite.

Pros:

The best feature for us using Ater is the ease of use and the quick response chat feature, those two items have been the best part of using this solution by far compared to other competitors.

Cons:

I would like Atera to have a free remote access software for staff and users it would eliminate another product and would allow us to only use Atera for everything when it comes to troubleshooting.

Cassandra
IT System and Support Specialist in US
Automotive, 501–1,000 Employees

Ease of use and very dependable

5.0 2 months ago New

Comments: So far Atera has been excellent we have had no issues and been able to incorporate Atera everyday for ticketing and remote support server management and general service

Pros:

I like most that Atera handles everything for our company from asset management to remote support.

Cons:

That every time my computer is shut down I have to go thru MFA.

Adam
System Administrator in US
Hospital & Health Care, 201–500 Employees

Atera Review

5.0 2 months ago New

Comments: Atera offers what we need in an all-in-one solution that is now the backbone of our helpdesk and IT service department.

Pros:

The per technician pricing format was the top reason

Cons:

Nothing yet at this point stands out as a con

Alternatives Considered: ConnectWise ScreenConnect , Salesforce Sales Cloud , NinjaOne and MSP Manager

Reasons for Switching to Atera: Price was the main factor at that moment, however I assumed we would be getting an inferior product, and I was wrong. Atera has exceeded expectations.

Joenard
IT Helpdesk in Philippines
Staffing & Recruiting, 51–200 Employees

Best ITSM tool!

5.0 2 months ago New

Comments: Superb! I will recommend it to all small-medium-sized companies.

Pros:

It has a lot of feature in supporting MSP such as RMM tool, remote desktop, ticketing tool, asset management, and many more!

Cons:

I cannot think of anything. This is the best ITSM tool so far.

Alternatives Considered: ServiceNow

Reasons for Switching to Atera: It is cheaper compared to other ITSM tools like ServiceNow, JIRA, etc. Features are complete and the support team are always reachable and helpful.

Kevin
President in Canada

The best software for an SMB MSP

Comments: Overall this is an outstanding product. It has radical pricing, and integrates so easily with the rest of my business. With it's lightweight tools, I can run everything from a tablet even. New features are being brought out all the time, that I can choose to incorporate or not, and with the branding options, my customers see MY logo and my menu items. There is no better product on the market.

Pros:

I run a small MSP focused on providing IT services to small (<50 employees) businesses. I have tried many software packages over the 15 years I have been in business, and all of them suffered from the same weakness. Ease of use/learning curve. They may have had some great features, but I would never get to use them because they were lost in a sea of confusion. The interface for Atera is clean, simple, and effective. You can do everything you need to without having to dig for it. If I have to search for a feature, I am not going to remember that it is even there to use, and with Atera, it is all laid out so well that it is intuitive. You open your account, setup your clients, and away you go. Nothing else even comes close to comparing

Cons:

The only part that is clumsy in my opinion is the patching. Rather than approving patches, you exclude patches. Back when most of my users had windows 7 this was more of an issue, as I tended towards rolling out ones I knew had no issues, rather than selectively declining. The list of patches you are excluding becomes tediously long and difficult to manage, but with Windows 10, you can only put off patches so long before they are just going to be forced, so in reality patching, where it used to be a major part of our service, is now more of an afterthought.

Alternatives Considered: N-sight and NinjaOne

Reasons for Choosing Atera: Initially the pricing was what lured me in. I wasn't finding I was using the full features of Naverisk, because if I didn't use them all the time, I either forgot about them, or forgot how to use them easily. Having a fixed cost no matter how many clients I use it on was game changing for me.

Switched From: Naverisk

Reasons for Switching to Atera: Ease of use, pricing model.

Grant
Project/Operations Manager in US
Mechanical or Industrial Engineering, 51–200 Employees

So happy to meet Atera!

Comments: Our older vendor didn't seem to know what they wanted to be any longer. Solutions/add-ons never worked correctly and were buggy. Unreliable.

Pros:

Love the simplicity and manageable layout. Customization has been a huge plus especially for the Dashboard. The Network Discovery tool has proved invaluable. Patch Management compared with our previous vendor has made monitoring the process and updates much easier. We love that every month there are product improvements and new innovations.

Cons:

Honestly have nothing negative to add to this section. The solution is great!

2 years ago

Hi Grant, Thanks for reviewing Atera - it is great to hear how manageable you find the platform. I am happy to hear that Network Discovery is "invaluable," to you and the team, and that you are on top of our frequent product updates! The fact that you have no cons to add says it all! But of course, if you ever have any issues or suggestions, please reach out to us and we will happily assist. I hope Atera continues to be the right solution for you, making your job easier!

Computer Helpdesk Technician in US
Individual & Family Services, 201–500 Employees

Great Product

Comments: Very positive. Customers find making tickets with Atera a lot easier than with previous software. We in IT find it very convenient to have everything in one location.

Pros:

Had every feature we needed and even some we didn't know we needed until we started looking around at what Atera offered. Also like that new features keep being added.

Cons:

The website can sometimes be slow to respond and require multiple refreshes. Doesn't matter which browser is used or if it's on or off work locations. Also do not like the recent addition of AI. AI is not well understood and has a tendency to go off the rails, so shoehorning it into software that is supposed to be reliable doesn't seem like a good idea.

Aziz
Information Systems Lead in US
Nonprofit Organization Management, 11–50 Employees

Atera Review

Comments: Atera allows us to have a Help Desk system, remote login capabilities, and inventory management all in one.

Pros:

The amount of features for the price is hard to compete with.

Cons:

The user interface isn't as simple and elegant as other more expensive alternatives. Searching for devices based on serial number still hasn't been implemented.

Alternatives Considered: TeamViewer Remote

Reasons for Choosing Atera: Samanage and Logmein Central were a more expensive alternative. Logmein was also raising prices. Atera was able to replace both products.

Switched From: SolarWinds Service Desk

Reasons for Switching to Atera: TeamViewer is a much more expensive alternative.

Grant
VP of IT in US
Automotive, 1,001–5,000 Employees

Atera provides great value for the money

Comments: I've used Atera for almost six months and couldn't be happier. Very feature rich, and frequently adds helpful updates. A nice gui and a strong search engine make it easy to use. Patch management much more effective than my previous product.

Pros:

A pleasant gui and easy navigation are standout features. The strong search engine is very helpful.

Cons:

Some of the helpdesk is a little confusing and we're still getting the hang of it. Until it's tuned, it can be "noisy" with alerts.

Alternatives Considered: Kaseya VSA and NinjaOne

Reasons for Choosing Atera: n-able could be a little too complex, and the per-agent licensing was getting very expensive. In addition, one of our techs accidentally deleted a location and there was no way to recover it.

Switched From: N-sight

Reasons for Switching to Atera: Can't beat the integrations and the per-user pricing.

2 years ago

Thank you for the kind words, Grant! We put a lot of work and effort into the GUI and seamless usage of Atera, and we are glad to see that they are being noticed.

Greg
President in US

Atera is Essential!

Comments: Could not run my MSP business without it.

Pros:

The RMM agent with the Splashtop integration is critical. My support is predicated on it.

Cons:

Would like more and deeper integrations with other SaaS Services such as Kaseya/Unitrends and other backup programs for monitoring. As well as other SaaS programs.

Alternatives Considered: Datto RMM and LogMeIn

Reasons for Switching to Atera: Better value and functionality. More included features. Worked better

2 years ago

Hi Greg, Thanks for reviewing Atera! Its great to hear how our product is essential to your workflow. Regarding your integrations feedback, we are constantly our integrations and making them deeper. If you have specific feedback on partners, please add them to the Atera features board.

Joseph
Computer Networking, 2–10 Employees

Good foundation, but the ticketing and reporting needs to mature

Comments: Overall the Monitoring and Alerts work great and that's all we have fully implemented. The patch management and the remote management features do a great job. Hopefully the ticketing and reports will improve and we can start using them. For us, the parts we use are worth the price, but hopefully we can implement the other features. We haven't tested their integration with Webroot, since we had already standardized on Bitdefender. We also haven't tested their integrated backup solution since we have been using another product. We will be testing the backup to see how it performs, but cannot find any real reviews on it which has scared us away from it for now.

Pros:

The monitoring part of Atera is great. It allows a lot of customization, snmp monitoring and per-customer settings. Setting custom thresholds is easy. The dashboard gives exactly what we need to monitor all our customers systems at a glance. The ability to create a custom installer for each client saves a lot of time populating all the devices to the correct client. The per technician pricing with unlimited devices was a big pro over the competition. The patch management does a good job overall and being able to powershell into a computer to restart services and run commands without interrupting a user helps a lot.

Cons:

Reporting and ticketing definitely needs to mature. Reporting is very basic with almost no customization. You can create custom fields for devices, but there is no way to show them on any report. The ticketing is a very cumbersome process. Starting a ticket is easy, but if you try to edit one after the fact it forces you to create a new time entry email (yes email), that you must delete if you don't want to keep it. Then you can edit the original entry. Another big glitch, on the tickets there is a big description box to enter comments, but they do not show up on the time sheet/billing report or any other report. To get the technicians notes to show up for billing, you have to go back into the ticket and edit the individual time entry and type in a new description. The "comments" on the original ticket don't show up anywhere except by mousing-over the list of tickets - not on any reports. Only the separate description that you can only access by editing a ticket shows up anywhere. For us having to do so much extra manual work makes the ticketing/billing part pretty useless. It has a lot of potential, but still needs a lot of work. I'm hoping the ticketing and billing will improve, but for us the monitoring and alerting is really all we are able to make work for us right now. While the SplashTop works great, we are still using GoToAssist for remote support; since it gives a notes filed when a session ends that we can use for billing, until ticketing matures.

5 years ago

Hello, Joseph! Thank you for the long and in-depth review, we really appreciate the time and thought people like you put into helping us develop our product! Our Customer Success team will reach out to you, in order for us to better understand which features regarding reports and ticketing need improving, besides the comment implementation. Are there any specific reports that you would like to see become more granular and customizable? If so, how will it allow you to improve your services/save time on the daily tasks? In regards to having ticket comments displayed on reports, some users might find this bothersome. We do, however, understand the need for such a feature, and agree on the possibility of having it enabled or disabled. Since we are community-driven, we highly encourage you to post your suggestions on our Features Board, and once it gets enough traction from the community, it will be tackled by our amazing dev team.

Paolo
Owner/technician in Italy

Great value for money

Comments: Just one word: great. I arrive in the morning, I go in the global devices seen and I immediately have the day organized. Just seconds. Alarms are in real time nd highly configurable. Thank you.

Pros:

Simple, I love the way I can have everything at a look; RMM with small customers is critical for us. The way we can check, manage remotely machines (desktop but also scripts and commands) is all we really need. Integration is good also. And, the live chat is something great. We had Solarwinds RMM for many time. Yes, the product is more comprehensive and granular, but it's really too much for us and the cost is.... well, not sustainable.

Cons:

At a first glance the seen is more similar to a videogame than to a professional product, but it's functional enough. It's the worst aspect of this wonderful software, but also the only one not completely convincing. I think that a more functional seen option should have offered to customers.

Alternatives Considered: Kaseya VSA and Datto SIRIS

Reasons for Choosing Atera: Too expensive.

Switched From: N-sight

Reasons for Switching to Atera: More user friendly

Carlos
Network And Systems Administrator in US
Food Production, 501–1,000 Employees

I have been using atera and its been one of the greatest tool I ever used

Comments: Overall is a great experience, as a sole IT admin this tool is fantastic!, i cant even learn all its features it has so many features, one of the best things that you can have is the free webinars, and constant developing and upgrading, thats what makes a software company great!

Pros:

the fact that you are able to remote to any computer from anywhere to everywhere is excellent!, the web based interface is nice and it refreshes station information very quickly, the easiest thing to do is to install the service, you can do it in various ways, one of the easiest is by running a line of code on CMD so you dont have to download anything, its automatic!!!

Cons:

I don't like 2fA if you're in a rush and don't have access to your phone, or if you have issues with the connection, you wont be able to remote to any computer, additionally sometimes when you try to login from mobile android or ios the service doesnt work , but that rarely happens , you have to delete cache and try again

Alternatives Considered: TeamViewer Remote

Reasons for Choosing Atera: Lack of real remote capabilities

Reasons for Switching to Atera: Pricing

2 years ago

Hey, thanks so much for this 10 out of 10 review! I am so happy to hear that you are taking full advantage of our remote connection, and that you find installing the Atera agent so easy. That's the goal, so I'm glad to hear we are succeeding with you! I understand your hesitations about 2FA and that it can take some extra time. However, Atera takes security extremely seriously, and it is for this reason that it is mandated. If you ever have any problem though, please reach out to our support team at [email protected] and they will be happy to look into those mobile login issues. I hope you continue to enjoy our services, and keep on using Atera to it's fullest potential!

IT Administrator / Creative Director in US
Hospital & Health Care, 51–200 Employees

Atera is the perfect IT Swiss Army Knife I need, and I use it EVERY. DAY.

Comments: Indispensable. I have recommended Atera to colleagues several times. For servers in particular, I used to log in with Microsoft Remote Desktop. Having Splashtop installed lets me use one solution for servers or laptops. Before Atera, I was using Teams to assist users with endpoint issues. The data consumption on a call like that is atrocious. with Atera, it's much more efficient.

Pros:

Number one. You pay for a SEAT for the admin, not for how many devices you manage. That is MAJOR. Next, the tools are very intuitive, the interface clean. I am Mac based, but manage over 50 Windows devices and servers from my MacBook Pro. Setup and enrollment of devices is simple and straightforward. Nearly everything I need is at my fingertips once the device reports in.

Cons:

I still need to make some adjustments to my thresholds for alerts. Way too many of them popping up for memory usage and storage use over 85%. But those alerts are there for a reason. My problem is older devices with very limited memory and storage that need to be mothballed. I have also not had time to get audio configured properly so I can converse with and end user while assisting through Splashtop. Need to look up training articles on that.

2 years ago

Hi Michael, Thanks so much for leaving such a detailed review of our platform. It is great to hear that you are using the solution every day, and like our pricing model (as much as we do!), as well as the fact that the platform itself is very intuitive and user friendly. I understand that getting too many alerts can be frustrating, and if you need help setting these up, I invite you to check out our KB article: https://support.atera.com/hc/en-us/articles/217632337-Create-or-Edit-an-Alert-Threshold-Profile If there are any other issues that you need help with, please reach out to our 24/7 support who are more than happy to help. Overall, calling Atera "indispensable," is very much appreciated. May you continue to find the platform as efficient for your business needs moving forward!

matthew
Founder in US

A great value on an RMM Swiss Army Knife

Comments: I was happy to see the faster alerts happening. Feature improvements keep coming on a regular basis. I have a pretty basic need with the software, so there are plenty of features I don't use. However the price keeps increasing for me because of these new features... most of which I don't use. Eventually the price increases may drive me to look for alternatives with "just what I need".

Pros:

I like the alerting and having the alerts trigger scripts. That gets to be really useful for mundane things like disks getting full and memory getting full. The community shared scripts are great to copy and improve on. There's a real wide selection there and it's very useful stuff.

Cons:

Granting customers remote access to their workstations is kind of "buried", I wish that had its own page for the controls and they were all close to each other.

2 years ago

Hi Matthew, Thanks for taking the time to leave this review of Atera! So glad to hear you like the alerting and self-healing available in threshold profiles. Additionally, its great that you are taking advantage of the shared script library. Regarding your remote access feedback, please add this to our features board - it is a great suggestion. We understand what you are saying about the price increase. If you have more concerns, please reach out to [email protected] so we can go over everything.

Kevin
Everything in US

Very Satisfied

Comments: Came to Atera from Kaseya. (Kaseya, please don't buy Atera)So much more affordable. I like Atera enough that I pay annually now. I'm committed. Support is usually helpful. Rarely have to wait in a long queue.

Pros:

It's easy to use, the script library is growing and very useful.

Cons:

Splashtop remote access - It works well, but I would really like to be able to view multiple remote monitors at the same time!

2 years ago

Hi Kevin, Thanks for taking the time to review Atera. It is great that you find the platform easy to use and price-efficient. Regarding viewing multiple remote monitors, this is not something that Splashtop offers. However, if you are on the growth or power plan, you have access to AnyDesk which allows you to do this.

KIRAN
SE in US
Computer & Network Security, 11–50 Employees

Best automation and RDP to connect

Comments: Happy to work remotely to jump on any OS machine.

Pros:

Best in remote access to connect any time and this is very easy for IT admin to jump on. Always BEST CUSTOMER SUPPORT to take owner ship.

Cons:

1. More integration and need more Knowledge base documents

Alternatives Considered: Zoom Events and Webinars

Reasons for Choosing Atera: Easy remote log in

Switched From: Zoom Events and Webinars

Reasons for Switching to Atera: Price

Jason
Jason

Excellent value all around

Comments: This is the best value I have been able to find with all the RMMs, with all the features I need and many I dont, that i have been able to find at a good price point for any company size. I dont know that I could ask for more, very satisfied with this service.

Pros:

I love the amount of easy organization, the full functionality for device agent software, reporting, alerts, and overall ease of use that sits at the point of not being overblown and too much to work with.

Cons:

I have yet to find something I do not like, but I wish there was more granular control per agent on being able to select what is reported on for alerts.

Alternatives Considered: ConnectWise PSA

Reasons for Choosing Atera: Connectwise packages are more expensive and offer more then I would use as a small Service Provider.

Reasons for Switching to Atera: overpriced for small business affordability

Mark
Sr. Director of IT in US
Information Technology & Services, 201–500 Employees

Invaluable IT Management Tool

Comments: Great. Couldn't run biz without you...

Pros:

Remote connectivity and alerting of critical mass on server infrastructure

Cons:

Customer support... All I ever hear is this is going to be added to the application soon regarding features and wish lists.

2 years ago

Hi Mark, Thanks for reviewing Atera - we are glad to hear that you find the platform "invaluable," and make full use of the alerting and remote connectivity capabilities. If you are having issues with customer support or are disappointed with feature implementation, I suggest that you reach out to [email protected].