15 years helping Australian businesses

About Tidio

Tidio is an innovative help desk platform that enables you to create exceptional customer journeys with omnichannel communication, tick

Learn more about Tidio

Pros:

The integration was as easy as possible. The interface is intuitive and simple to navigate.

Cons:

Its got limited export capability and some granular metrics I like to follow seem to be missing. Their add-on/upgrade structure also feels uneven and confusing.

Tidio ratings

4.5

8.8/10

Tidio has an overall rating of 4.7 out 5 stars based on 450 user reviews on Capterra.

Have you used Tidio before?

Marianela
Marianela
Water Treatment and Environmental Management Consultant in Panama
Chemicals, 51–200 Employees

Tidio, an interactive platform aimed at increasing the service process and increasing sales.

Comments: Tidio is an efficient and stable platform, it has analytical tools to understand the behavior of our customers and make constant improvements in our service processes, on the other hand, it integrates with third parties to increase the experience with customers and within our organization. It records visitor history and makes it easy for us to follow up to convert leads into customers, and in general, makes the job of customer service agents a lot easier.There is no doubt that TIDIO's live chat software empowers interaction effectively and offers the fastest and easiest way to help our website visitors.

Pros:

The Tidio implementation process is simple and fast, and after a quick installation, we can start interacting in real-time with our leads and clients or offline. The widget to interact offline indicates to the user that there is no service agent at this time and the offline status is distinguished with a brief note so that our customers know that they can contact us with a form that will allow us to serve them as soon as possible. brevity.With Tidio, the offline email notification option is very useful as it allows us to receive queries from our website visitors directly in our email. And in the event that we are online, we can receive automatic notifications about new chats, new messages, and data about visitors who enter our website.

Cons:

Tidio is a very stable and efficient platform when it comes to registering and providing a service process in real-time or offline in a web environment, for small and medium-sized companies. In general, it provides all the mechanisms to monitor for continuous improvement. It also favors analytics-based tracking, which is really the biggest advantage of using this type of platform and as long as we're not talking about large corporations, Tidio will be able to cover all our needs.

Darien
Darien
Associate Pastor in Canada
Religious Institutions, 11–50 Employees

Tidio is the first chat platform I've found to be worth paying for

Comments: Tidio has helped address a gap in our communication system caused by extended use of multiple inferior chat bot platforms that limited our performance and responses. With Tidio, we have seen a dramatic increase in people connecting with our team via the chat, and have been able to help address people's questions/issues quicker than ever before.

Pros:

Tidio offers a very simple, clean, robust and customizable interface both on their backend and on your website that helps facilitate live-chat support on a website. They offer numerous features (some I haven't used yet such as email inbox management), including a facebook messenger integration (that actually works unlike some other companies), a customizable chat window & icon, and perhaps the best feature of all - their powerful chatbot system. I cannot speak highly enough of the chatbots Tidio offers, as they give easy access to a visual builder interface to customize and build bots that can be triggered to do practically anything. Within an hour of looking at Tidio, I was hooked - and built a number of bots for our website - and within a day, saw a substantial increase in chat traffic compared to our previous platform. The beauty of the bots is that Tidio provides simple templates, that you can then customize to your needs - and the bots can be triggered on anything you want; a visit to a specific page, anytime a new person visits your site, anytime someone clicks the chat window, etc - and all of that can be accessed (in a limited fashion of course) for free. Plus as a bonus, Tidio offers native email responses to chats; so if you are like me and don't have people monitoring the chat 24/7, you can receive a notification about an incoming chat, and then respond via the chat window OR directly from Tidio via email - again, for free.

Cons:

Tidio has many features, but can be a bit daunting at first. I loved the visual builder of the chat bots, but at the same time I found it was still limited in certain areas. For example, it's all drag and drop - so the entire chatbot can start to form a jumbled mess if you're not careful. As well, they don't offer multiple triggers for one bot - for instance, if I want a bot to trigger on someone's first visit AND when someone types in a certain keyword, I can't do that. As well, their pricing structure is interesting - with three different "options" each starting at $18/month - making it so if you want to have decent chatbots, and multiple operators, and send emails, you are looking at a hefty price per month. That being said, it still is cheaper than most other offerings, and the different options help you customize your experience to tailor fit your needs

3 years ago

Hello there! It's Maciek from Tidio Support Thank you so much for such an extensive review! We really appreciate all the kind words but also the flaws you have pointed out. We strive to provide you with a product that we can really be proud of, and hearing about your positive experience, it seems like we are heading in the right direction. Thank you for taking the time to share your opinion and rate us so highly!

Kathy
CEO in US
Marketing & Advertising, 2–10 Employees

Customer service seemingly non-existent so we had to leave

4.0 2 months ago New

Comments: It's really too bad that so many companies are turning over human support to cheap options like ai or outsourcing overseas to less qualified workers who are difficult to understand. I don't know if that's Tidio or not. We never got anyone to even respond.

Pros:

Seemed simple. Good user interface for customers.

Cons:

I'm sorry I recommended this for my client. It made it angry because he needed help and couldn't get any. They use ai in their own live chat and it couldn't answer his questions, nor could he get around it to get to a human. Neither would they respond to emails. In a fit of anger, he said, "I quit. Find me something else." :(

Dominick
Founder in Netherlands

Looks great on the outside but features not fully completed

Pros:

The app looks great on the outside: email, chat, Facebook messenger, integrations. But once you fully test the product you notice the many flaws.

Cons:

1. When a user leaves your page and an operator responds the user will not be notified. 2. The message box is only refreshed when the page is open, so if a visitor is using multiple tabs they will not receive replies. 3. Integrations are all manual, which means. You have to reopen all conversations, open the user profile, press the preferences and send the log to the integration. Imagine doing that to your crm, sync app and maybe email list. 4. I was mainly interested in Helpscout integration, and integration to integrate Facebook messenger with the app I use to manage several email accounts. Turns out, tidio created the integration but they decided not to integrate the mailbox feature. Which means if I send a chat log to help scout it be be places in a random mailbox because their app doesn't specify the mailbox. Explain this to support but got the responds: we're not looking to change integrations. 5. Validation messages aren't accurate. Sometimes you will get the message 'Saved to integration' or 'Message send' but an error prevented this from completion. I contacted support about this and time and time again there was an excuse but its my believe that I shouldn't have gotten a succes validation message, right. Support simply didn't respond to my question.

Daniel
Pastor in US
Nonprofit Organization Management, 2–10 Employees

Big Tech and their war against Faith-Based Orgs.

Comments: As with a lot of these big-tech enterprises, they are hellbent on silencing faith-based everything. It wouldn't hurt their AI or anyone in the slightest to allow churches or other such orgs to use their AI, but they choose to deny us because we don't follow their secular progressive ideologies. It isn't fair. I know there are lawsuits pending about stuff like this, but in the mean time, churches who want to use technology are forced to fend for themselves and be creative.

Pros:

It was easy to setup, configure, and manage. It looked good on our website. The Wordpress Plugin worked.

Cons:

Their VERY restrictive anti-Christian policy which prohibits the use of their AI on a church website. We're a church website! We're not inciting violence or any other horrible thing. We're just listing event times, theology and practice, and lots of pictures and media.

Alternatives Considered: ChatGPT

Reasons for Choosing Tidio: Microsoft doesn't discriminate just because we're a church. I don't agree with everything Microsoft does, but at least they're smart enough not to discriminate like Tidio.

Switched From: Microsoft Azure

Reasons for Switching to Tidio: Ease of setup and use, price, and capibilities.

Jessica
Jessica
Inbound Marketing Consultant in Argentina
Marketing & Advertising, Self Employed

Easy, fast and amazing!

Comments: I started working as a consultant for a company, and their first project was to add a chatbot to their homepage. At the moment, they had a bot that redirected to WhatsApp, and it wasn't very user friendly. They also have HubSpot's' free account, but the functions that the chatbot offers are very basic. So, I started searching for good chatbot software and came upon Tidio. From the beginning, it was really easy to use and create what I had in mind. When I showed the team the final version of the bot, they LOVED it! It was easy to understand, easy to use, and easy to implement. Overall, I had a really good experience, and I will continue considering Tidio for future clients.

Pros:

I was impressed by how easy it was to set up our multilanguage home page chatbot! In just one day, it was set up and running, and leads were coming in. Oh, and can't forget to mention that we also got to integrate it with our HubSpot account. Amazing, right?

Cons:

One of the things I had difficulty with was with keeping the lines that connect each action of the bot straight. It took me a considerable amount of time moving them around and making sure it had the correct spacing. Just as an idea, I've used other software where it automatically straightens the lines for you and adds the correct spacings between actions and branches.

Alternatives Considered: Bird

Reasons for Choosing Tidio: Messagebird wasn't as easy to use as Tidio was. One of the things that really bothered me from messagebird was that they didn't have the option for quick replies. So it was pretty difficult to receive the correct input from the user and for the flow to continue working correctly. Another thing that I loved about Tidio was their support team. Compared to other software where they take forever to answer back, Tidio does it so quickly and the whole team is so friendly.

Switched From: Bird

Reasons for Switching to Tidio: Tidio is very intuative, easy to use and their support team is amazing!

4 years ago

Hi there, Thank you so much for a thorough review! We are very proud that you like our product so much! Thank you for the feedback about our Chatbots too. I will be happy to forward it to our developers for further evaluation. If anything, we're here for you! :)

Thomas
Thomas
CEO in Poland
Information Technology & Services, 2–10 Employees

Inexpensive Intercom alternative that scales as you do

Comments: Very good as it was a super simple tool to get started and deploy on my website(s) to be able to start answering our user's problems in real-time

Pros:

The onboarding experience is next none and extremely easy to go from sign-up to deploying on your website. Combining this with the ability to get started without a credit card for $0 is absolutely awesome!

Cons:

Creating your first or any bot's workflow is very cumbersome and not a seamless experience. Many other tools do this better and doesn't feel so "stiff"

Alternatives Considered: Intercom

Reasons for Choosing Tidio: Price was the biggest driver to switch

Switched From: Intercom

Reasons for Switching to Tidio: Price and ale-carte options to pick different features and functionality instead of one big subscription with many features we don't use.

Eran
Eran
Founder & Chief Design Officer in Israel
Design, 2–10 Employees

Best value for money I've seen.

Comments: Love Tidio. I'm just beginning to experience its full power, and they keep adding options!

Pros:

Tidio is fully customizable, powerful, and fairly priced. You could easily end up paying 10X on some of the more extortionary chat platforms, without getting any more value.

Cons:

I really can't think of any complaints. Tidio does the job very well.

Alternatives Considered: Drift and HubSpot CRM

Reasons for Choosing Tidio: Intercom is always trying to squeeze more money from you. Every new feature costs extra, and they also charge you extra for contacts. The combination of features I use on Tidio would probably cost hundreds of dollars on Intercom, without being any better.

Switched From: Intercom

Reasons for Switching to Tidio: Value for money

4 years ago

Thank you so much for the review! It motivates us very much, so thank you for the kind words :)

Jo-Ann
Owner in UK
Retail, Self Employed

Excellent Live Chat Option for SME's

Comments: I love using Tidio, I have used other chat apps and this one is the cheapest and easiest for ensuring my customers can always reach out for support via the website. The mobile app is a huge plus.

Pros:

So easy to set up on Shopify. Intuitive admin lets you set up the chat bot with ease.

Cons:

Quite difficult to set up conversation flows

Dan
ICT Support Technician in US
Information Technology & Services, 201–500 Employees

My remarkable experience with Tidio.An ideal and formidable Customer Service and Help Desk Tool.

5.0 2 months ago New

Comments: Tidio streamlines and automates customer service operations in real-time.

Pros:

With Tidio, I can easily connect, communicate and engage with our customers using live chat widget.It is fast to respond to our customers questions with Tidio thus increasing customer satisfaction.Tidio provides great customer support 24/7.

Cons:

I haven't experienced any drawbacks with Tidio since it suits best my needs.

John Elias
IT Specialist in Canada
Automotive, 11–50 Employees

Simple but Powerful

Comments: We're able to offer a live chat experience to our customers at an affordable price. Can definitely make up the cost of implementation quickly!

Pros:

Easy to use, has a clean interface and has a surprising amount of features. Especially appreciate how in-depth their bot and automation can get without requiring heavy technical knowledge.

Cons:

Not much to complain about considering the features you get for the price. I'd have to be nitpicking to really give you any cons. Something like, I can't find a way to delete contact properties, but I also haven't contacted support about it as it wasn't affecting our day to day operations.

Alternatives Considered: Zoho SalesIQ

Reasons for Choosing Tidio: Freshchat was very clunky with a limited feature set and disastrous support. They go out of their way to inconvenience their customers even when they're the cause of the issue in the first place.

Switched From: Freshchat

Reasons for Switching to Tidio: Tidio was definitely easier to navigate and more affordable for our use case.

4 years ago

Hi there John, thank you for an excellent review. Feel free to contact our world-class support team - I'm confident they will be happy to help you out and answer all of your potential Tidio questions :-) Have a great day!

Juuso
CEO in Finland
Computer Networking, 2–10 Employees

Great!

Pros:

+ Easy + Beautiful + Beautiful + Looks great + Multiple features + Awesome support + Regularly updating

Cons:

- Not having ability to remove powered by-logo

Alternatives Considered: tawk.to

Reasons for Choosing Tidio: Tidio is so much better looking and feature richer for using. Administrator dashboard is also more modern.

Switched From: tawk.to

5 years ago

Hi there Juuso, Thank you for the perfect score - I'm stoked you saw the potential in Tidio. I just wanted to let you know, that while we are not offering a fully white-label solution, we can remove the 'powered by' branding as an extra request for our customers who purchased our service for a min. $55 per month.

Daniel
Director in UK
Paper & Forest Products, 2–10 Employees

Tidio for eCommerce

Comments: So far so good. Don't have any complaints.

Pros:

A very simple signup and login process.Fast facilities, ease of use.No code required, very deliverable.

Cons:

There's quite a few tools to get through at the moment so haven't had the chance to fully analyse the downsides. Subscriptions are always a pain, but that comes with the software territory.l

Seth
Director in US
Nonprofit Organization Management, 11–50 Employees

An unbelievable blend of ease, style, features and price

Comments: We run an overnight summer camp and connecting with parents (our customers) is of top importance to us to establish that we care and answer questions. Even as I was writing this review, I had the opportunity to answer a parents questions on Tidio.
There are lots of options out there : Olark, Zoho, Zendesk etc. I found Tidio to be not only the most affordable, but also the highest functioning.

Pros:

I love how easy it is to use. It's easy to use for both the customer and for the client on the website. Their app is fantastic for both android and IOS.

Cons:

Honestly, I love everything about it. There are a few features that I would use on a higher tiered paid version, but I love it!

Alternatives Considered: Pure Chat

Reasons for Choosing Tidio: Price

Switched From: Freshchat

Reasons for Switching to Tidio: Features and ease of use.

5 years ago

Hi there Seth, Thank you for an exquisite review. I'm thrilled that you found Tidio so useful for your business. If you have any questions regarding Tidio - don't hesitate to reach out to our Support team at [email protected] or via our live chat on www.tidio.com. We would love to get the perfect score here and change the "unspecified" rate to 5 stars :-)

Cruz
Vice President in US
E-Learning, 11–50 Employees

One of the best "bang for your buck" chatbot options

Pros:

Having full control of how your chatbot interacts with customers is huge. The application is very simple to use, even for a non-technical person. The integration with adding it to your website is very straightforward and quick (coding ability required). This has been an excellent tool in our arsenal to increase sales.

Cons:

At this time, we have tried to implement the automated response feature at least once, which was when it was first offered. It didn't work the way I expected it to or maybe the data we had did not produce any results that would benefit us. I have not gone back to try it again but perhaps it should be revisited. The website and mobile application (phone: Samsung S21 ultra) are extremely slow to load up at times. I almost can't use the mobile application, which is irritating.

Anthony
Digital Marketing Manager in Bangladesh
Marketing & Advertising, 11–50 Employees

For your website, a useful Live Chat tool is available

Comments: This tool makes real-time communication a breeze. I can watch users on my website in real time, including their location and what they're looking at. I can strike up a dialogue with them by delivering them exactly what they require. Bots for gathering leads are really strong - they're simple to develop conversation flows for, giving the user the impression that he's speaking with a real person:) - and they're ideal for automation.

Pros:

You're all fantastic; you're always there for me when I need you and are quite helpful. With the auto-bot, the Tidio chat app has been fantastic for our business and capturing leads while we sleep. I've had a lot of fun building various automations to help us save time answering FAQs. Thanks!

Cons:

Nothing, to be honest. Excellent customer service. It has helped us save a lot of time on support calls.

2 years ago

Hi Anthony! Thank you very much for your kind review :) It's great to hear that you like the app so much. We really appreciate your feedback, it keeps us motivated to constantly improve Tidio.

Retail, 11–50 Employees

Lost WhatsApp Sign in after integration

Pros:

Easy to use, has a nice interface, gives you a great report, and increases your customer range, customers reach you easily, and you can make all social media conversations from one place and that's awesome.

Cons:

unable to sign in to my WhatsApp account on my phone after integrating with Tidio, we only make conversations through Tidio WhatsApp chatting, and we are unable to sign in to our WhatsApp account through the WhatsApp Application and make conversations from there.

Russ
Owner in US
Entertainment, Self Employed

Customer Service Makes the Difference

Comments: I am able to track the number of visitors and calculate what percentage will actually engage with my bots.

Pros:

The Chat Bots are not the easiest to set up as advertised, but the Customer Support, namely [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN], is fantastic. They helped me set up the bots according to my needs and that was the main goal.

Cons:

No solutions in the software offered when an error message appears in setting up a chat bot. Also, there is no way to automatically assign all chats to a single user like me. Tidio is on the right track, but there are tweaks to be made. There is no phone support, but luckily, [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] made up for it in his excellent service. It's the only reason I did not go to another platform.

Alternatives Considered: Pure Chat

4 years ago

Hi there, thank you for your honest feedback. I will pass it on to our product team - your input is very valuable for us. The departments' feature which will allow bots to assign the conversations to a given operator is something I'm anxiously waiting for as well :-)

Bessy
Managing Partner in US
Accounting, 2–10 Employees

Could Be Great Were It Not Inconsistent

Comments: It's been OK.

Pros:

Tidio gives us a chance to help Website visitors feel like we are present and ready to help them.

Cons:

It's inconsistent. Sometimes we'll get notifications and it's amazing. Most of the time, we don't even know when people have left messages even though we have the app on our devices.

2 years ago

Thank you so much for taking the time to review Tidio, and I'm very sorry about the inconsistencies you mentioned in your review! If you want us to look into this further, please contact our Support Team at [email protected], so that we can check what the reason behind this is. Again, my sincere apologies for the trouble!

Sr.Customer Service Advisor in Hong Kong
Internet, 1,001–5,000 Employees

Both we and customers love it

Pros:

I like how scalable Tidio is , it can be used by businesses of any size. The autho-chat assigning is a great way to reduce customer waiting time . Implementing template messages is seamless and they feel like an organic part of the conversation .

Cons:

At the beginning some functions can be hard to figure out .As opposed to messages ,linking template emails from our CRM to Tidio can be a bit of a pain .

3 years ago

Hi there! Maciek from Tidio Support here Thank you so much for your kind review and the 5 stars! We will take the cons you mentioned into consideration and will try to improve our product even more. Have a nice day and take care

shilton
Information Officer / Communication in St. Lucia
Government Administration, 11–50 Employees

Mult-functional Communication tool for every website!

Comments: tidio has been an excellent companion for my company's website. the automated responses divert alot of traffic from our whatsapp lines and enhances overall user experience.

Pros:

Automated chat features and lead generation

Cons:

the app has not worked very will since i installed windows 11, as such i have reverted to using the web version and also the mobile version.

Ronak
Project Sales Engineer in US
International Trade & Development, 11–50 Employees

Perfect,suparvelous and incredibilistic Help Desk and Live Chat tool.

Comments: It's a cost-effective and simple to use live chat and help desk solution.

Pros:

It's possible to streamline and automate customer support services bey ensuring customers receives quick responses to their questions.It's simple to engage and interact with our customers through live chat.It's simple to generate qualified leads with this tool.I like how this increase customer satisfaction.

Cons:

Tidio works perfectly and smoothly and there isn't anything that I dislike.Tidio increases sales process.

Seth
President in US
Automotive, Self Employed

Excellent Chat Software

Pros:

The software works great and integrates very easily into my Big-commerce website.

Cons:

The chat bots and other add-ons can be very expensive. I used them in the past but decided against them later on because of the cost.

2 years ago

Thank you Seth for the great feedback! Glad to hear you found Tidio easy to be integrated with your Big-Commerce site! We do our best to price the features so that they are accessible, provide lots of use and can help you grow. I know they may feel a lot at start but they prove their value very soon.

Jane
Information Technology Manager in Spain
Management Consulting, 11–50 Employees

Extremely sensational,unexcelled,sublime and beyond magical Help Desk software.

Comments: Tidio increases customers satisfaction.This tool automates and increases sales and marketing programs.

Pros:

This tool has chatbots that makes it simple to engage with our customers seamlessly in real-time.I like how this tool automates customers support services.Tidio has a live chat widget that makes it simple to chat with our customers 24/7.

Cons:

I haven't experienced any problem with this tool although to access this tool when offline is difficult.

Nikita
Owner in India
Apparel & Fashion, 2–10 Employees

Pricing

Comments: High Pricing
- 2 Chatbots
- Visitors Notification
- Viewed Pages
- Chat Initiate
I feel these should be free and if someone wants to add more Chatbots or use Email as well there should be pricing for the same.

Pros:

I personally feel that the basic level pricing is too high. We have tried Twak.to as well, and that it offers free Visitor List and Pages information, however aesthetic wise and chatbots was what made us try Tidio. But find that even Notification, Visitor Pages arent't available under free plan. Same for the initiating a Chat. Which of course does made me switch to Whatsapp Free option as thats exactly what Tidio does as a free so why use Tidio

Cons:

Pricing - Is a too high even for the Communicator Plan

3 years ago

Hello! Thank you for your honest review, we really appreciate your feedback! While Viewed Pages and Initiating a Chat are indeed available in our premium plan only, you can receive new message notifications and have multiple Chatbots on the free plan. We have implemented a lot of new features into our product and we believe that the new pricing reflects current and upcoming changes. Thank you again for your honesty and we hope to hear from you in the future! Have a nice day