15 years helping Australian businesses

About Ecwid

The easiest to use eCommerce platform available. Everything from inventory to checkout, payments to shipping & every step in between.

Learn more about Ecwid

Pros:

Ecwid has developed a website team that enabled me to set up my coffee roasting business fast and efficiently. Able to integrate with Facebook, Instagram, and Linkedin without problems.

Cons:

I had a hard time at first. But it really taught me alot.

Ecwid ratings

4.3

8.8/10

Ecwid has an overall rating of 4.6 out 5 stars based on 576 user reviews on Capterra.

Have you used Ecwid before?

Devonna
Devonna
Wholesale, 2–10 Employees

Great for small business owners

Comments: My overall experience has been amazing I'm under the venture plan which is $17 a month and you can basically compare the venture plan to Shopify basic plan which is $29 a month.

Pros:

What I like most about the software is it's very easy to use whether you're doing it based from your browser or from the app. Very simple and easy website design and setup.

Cons:

The thing that I like least about the software is that they actually don't have their own payment processor versus Shopify. But it gives you the option to use square, stripe,2checkout&More.

Alternatives Considered: Adobe Commerce and SamCart

Reasons for Choosing Ecwid: I was looking for something a little bit more affordable.

Switched From: BigCommerce and Shopify

Reasons for Switching to Ecwid: I ultimately chose the product because I got a promotion for 50% off your venture plan for the first month and I'm very glad that I did that and took the initiative.

Latresse
Retail, Self Employed

Easy to Use and Fully Functional!

Comments: I've been using Everyone shopping cart for almost 4 years and I'm satisfied with the service. I've tried other companies and always revert back to Ecwid. It provides all the necessary told and features for a website or online retail store.

Pros:

Easy to create new products for online store. Easy to setup store and affordable price.

Cons:

I'm not particularly happy with the design options and usable templates.

Alternatives Considered: Shopify

Reasons for Choosing Ecwid: I don't remember

Switched From: Wix

Reasons for Switching to Ecwid: It seemed easier to understand and implement with the website host I was using (Weebly)

Sarah
Creator, CEO, Formulator in US
Cosmetics, Self Employed

Good for Beginners.

Comments: My overall experience has been good as a newer small handmade business but as soon as I'm able to find one that can beat ecwid in price & features that i can trust I plan to switch but only because i need certain features for my growth & variations etc that I am not willing to pay even more than I already pay them now when i think they could give a little more effort in some areas. However I still love ecwid & I do recommend to small or micro businesses just starting out or businesses with little product.

Pros:

What I love most about Ecwid is the blog of resources & the apps you can integrate with. & if your plan is high enough the taxes are calculated for you & updated automatically. I also enjoy the product variations but let me note again this is also something that requires an upgrade. While I do like my website, I also have coding in it that I used to make it better than what it is. I think its great for a smaller business or a business with limited products.

Cons:

I do not like that variations is only available as an upgrade. I also am not a fan of some of the ways they just expect you to do your newsletter when they could of really made it much simpler. & my least all time favorite thing about them is the fact that I pay one of the highest plans & I can't even make a legit blog or forum technically on the same page which complicates a lot especially for beginners when they are just learning. trust me I was once there.

Markus
Creative Director in Switzerland
Marketing & Advertising, 2–10 Employees

Great for start ups , small companies and private people which are new to ecommerce

Comments: If you don't find anything or your are facing other issues, Ecwid's customer service is just excellent. Live chat available and outside of business hours they usual answer within 24 hours.

Pros:

User-friendly platform with a great database of instructions, no coding needed but I you want to use coding, it's possible and for people who want to learn coding here, they provide a great CSS Cookbook. Very inexpensive Ecommerce platform if you start from scratch.

Cons:

There is nothing that I don't like from Ecwid.

Alternatives Considered: OpenCart, WooCommerce, OXID eShop, PrestaShop, Magento 2 PWA POS and Shopify

Reasons for Switching to Ecwid: Beside being the most inexpensive solution, the shop software is easy to understand and use from the first moment

Sarah
Retail, 2–10 Employees

No need to look any further!

Pros:

I use this as an add on to my Wix website. The combination of the two gives me absolutely everything I need. I like how easy it is to use and that I can customize it. I love the app. The assistance I have needed has also been top notch!

Cons:

The fact it is only one page. This is why I went with Wix for my website and added Ecwid for my store.

Alternatives Considered: Wix, Squarespace and GoDaddy Website Builder

Reasons for Switching to Ecwid: Price, ease of use, functionality, offers everything I need- and more!

Helena
Helena
Business Owner in US
Consumer Goods, Self Employed

Superior online store platform

Comments: When people arrive on my website, they're impressed. It's an easy flow and a professional look. Switching to Ecwid played a huge part in sales growth. After changing site platforms, sales have tripled (186% growth in the last 12 months) and I know the built-in features like abandoned cart emails have played a huge part in the higher conversion rates and sales.

Pros:

Easy to use, the dashboard is helpful, high level of customization for products, website look, and responsive menus. Reliable customer service!

Cons:

There are still a few lacking integrations, one main one being with the PayPal POS.

Monique
Retail, Self Employed

Ecwid ecommerce storefront review

Comments: This site is perfect for every level of business including for beginners who may only be selling a few different items at a time! The site is easy to put together and navigate through. I have tried the free plan and the venture plan. The venture plan is currently $15 a month or $12.50 annually which is way cheaper than sites like Shopify and a better deal than store envy. They also have a market place in the business plan which is $35 unlike Shopify's $30 plan.

Pros:

I like that the site has a simple sleep look. I reached out to their customer service via chat and there was no wait time. It is easy to get started and very simple to build your site. The banners are really easy to create through your store editor if you don't feel like creating your own or want to save money.

Cons:

I didn't like that the fonts were limited leaving little room for creativity. The sizing of the product images can become difficult to get right if you want a certain look but they do give you different sizing options. I can also become difficult to add you logo to the site depending on your template and the style of your logo.

Alternatives Considered: Storenvy and Shopify

Reasons for Switching to Ecwid: I chose Ecwid because of the value for the price and the site's simplicity.

Real Estate, 2–10 Employees

THE BEST

Comments: I have 2 businesses and I use Ecwid.com for both. It is very easy to use. I set up my stores myself with no experience in IT. Ecwid is very easy to use. Ecwid is simply the BEST! !!

Pros:

Ecwid is very easy to use and user friendly

Cons:

None. I like everything about Ecwid! :)))))))))

Alternatives Considered: Shopify

Reasons for Switching to Ecwid: Ecwid is cheaper than the other products and I really like the platform, design and animated videosearch which help users while setting up the store. Make it all easy whereas the other products which I did not choose such as shop if you look so complex to use...

Leslie
Leslie
Writing & Editing, Self Employed

Ecwid Review

4.0 last month New

Pros:

I like that Ecwid allows me to create and run a store online, and has plenty of options to personalize my storefront. It is a good platform, and is good for beginners to learn on as well.

Cons:

The only thing I don't like is the limited amount of products I am able to have on the free plan. They only allow 10.

Bri
Bri
owner in US
Writing & Editing, Self Employed

Ecwid Review

4.0 3 weeks ago New

Pros:

I like that I am able to do just about everything required to run a store online, and I don't have to pay anything up front.

Cons:

I do not like how the free version only allows you to list 10 products, there are several other places that are also free, and they do not put a cap on the number you are allowed to have.

Pius
Founder in Uganda
Internet, 2–10 Employees

Ecwid

Comments: Ecwid is a proper choice for your e-commerce needs especially if your primary marketing channel is social! I use my Ecwid store to showcase products that perform better with social traffic and this works perfectly with Ecwid.

Pros:

Ecwid offers the best social commerce for Instagram, Facebook, and Google shopping. With its in-built integration, you can in no time showcase your products on your social network platforms. Ecwid offers a lot of channels but the social ones are a stand-out for me.

Cons:

Ecwid's SEO is not as robust as its competitors like Shopify. For your site to be discovered on Google search with just its SEO won't cut it. You will need to push more SEO towards your connected blog, and perhaps other third parties services you have connected to your store.

Alternatives Considered: Wix and Shopify

Reasons for Choosing Ecwid: I did not entirely switch. More like I work with Shopify more than I do with Ecwid. I use Ecwid primarily for products that I'll advertise on social media.

Switched From: Shopify

Reasons for Switching to Ecwid: Ecwid has a better Social commerce strategy than Shopify or Wix for that matter.

Dale
Marketing/Social Media Director in Mexico
Health, Wellness & Fitness, 2–10 Employees

I rushed into making a decision, but it seemed to work out.

Comments: It has been good, better than my review probably implies. I do like the ease of use, the customer service, and wish we could afford more, but we will one day.

Pros:

Actually, it was the customer service that rocks. Management has their hand in your pocket 24/7 nudging you to buy or upgrade. very annoying. Ths CS team does a great job, maybe they can send management home early soon.

Cons:

Constantly having to needing to upgrade when some of these items should be included in the monthly fees. It is very hard to budget when it is necessary to buy an optional plugin or and unexpected item you thought was part of the package isn't and more money goes out the door for that instead of for the customer or potential customer.

Alternatives Considered: WooCommerce

Reasons for Switching to Ecwid: It looked like the easiest to use since I was not computer savvy. Why wouldn't the last question accept the company I entered? We use AlignPay for payment processing and your system kept rejecting it.

Paul
Manager/Webmaster in US
Consumer Goods

Ecwid Blog Emails provide timely advice appropriate to my need at that specific time.

Comments: Ecwid Blog Emails come to my Inbox at a rate I can handle, for me to analyze and apply to my online SIDS prevention store. We started in 2004, as distributors for a New Zealand SIDS prevention company, with a single-developer, online store integrated into our website. That store had a user forum for support issues. In June of 2015 I asked a local website upgrade specialist his recommendation on what store I could move to. His immediate response was Ecwid. Without much research into it--with complete faith in his insistent recommendation--I made the move and installed the store myself into my recently upgraded to Joomla site. The initial installation and upgrade to the VENTURE plan went like a breeze. I did everything myself without the help of anyone but occasional Ecwid support for minor issues. I connected to both PayPal and Authorize.Net payment methods quite easily. Our store was quickly up and running. All along the way as our business proceeded, the Ecwid Blog anticipated our need by providing tips and insight to not only their own store, but also landing page optimization, advertising budgeting and withstanding price undercutting by competition. At first my business expertise was only my own instincts. Then my expertise was from classroom sessions by startup organizations. These startup sessions were broad and rarely tailored specifically to my needs. The Ecwid Blog Emails in my Inbox are very appropriate and timely next-steps for me to take to improve in some very specific ways the standing of our business. Even when I am busy, I look forward to reading them when they come to see what next I can improve, so I can put that step into my schedule. Thank you Ecwid for such a wonderful and versatile platform, and also the business assistance along the way. My `not perfect' score for Ease of Use is because I did not take a look and observe the effect of a parameter change I made before going on to another setting. My fault, not Ecwid's. A couple of months ago we upgraded to the BUSINESS plan in order to separate the sales of our two inventory locations, New Zealand and the USA. The stock is relatively infinite in New Zealand, but we were frequently overselling our limited USA stock because both locations were shown as infinite to our customers. Thank you Ecwid custom development for separating our inventories shown to our customers.

Furniture, 2–10 Employees

Ecwid vs Shopify

Comments: Very good and is my best choice for all e-commerce platforms

Pros:

Ecwid is cheap, fluid and easy to use compared to shopify. The support team respond within a few minutes. The platform has good order tracking and inventory management system. It has a mobile version too but only for paying users. Management and overview are spectacular from the mobile version. You can also fulfill orders from the mobile version too. They also have a referral program that pays well. Over all 5 stars

Cons:

Unlike Shopify that has a lot of developers on it thereby having more apps to integrate. Ecwid isn’t that filled with dev ops so certain add ons needed will need you to make a formal request from the support team which also incurs a feee but you can always use youtube if your coding skills are okay

Josh
Josh
Media and Communications Minister in US
Religious Institutions, 11–50 Employees

A great, low-cost, feature rich option to sell your products

Comments: This gave us the option to sell our products online and in person while keeping track of inventory and putting on a great looking design and appearance.

Pros:

We used Ecwid as a plug in to our website to sell our handmade board games. It was easy to set up through the app store on wix and integrated directly into our website. It also worked directly with our phone and square hardware to be able to create a POS system when we when to trade shows to be able to accept peoples credit cards quickly while emailing them a receipt. The online store had many design and display options, the ability to put certain things on sale, the highlight items you want to move, and to separating things into different categories. It also keeps great track of your inventory. It really was a one stop solution to selling our product online.

Cons:

There was a slight issue when we first started using it for an in person Point of sales system with Square as it would either record our purchases twice with no great way to correct that or it would only show the sale on the square app and not Ecwid so it wouldn't remove the item from our inventory. We eventually got it worked out though through their customer care and all was good.

Alli
Professional Freelance Artist in US
Arts & Crafts, Self Employed

Fun, Functional, and best of all- painless!

Comments: I love Ecwid. First storefront I've ever used, and as somebody who personally despises trusting 3rd party with my merch- I get the hands on experience I require with a wonderful site that keeps track of my orders, is easy to update, and makes selling online more fun than I imagined it could be. You can't argue with the low (and size optional) one time monthly payments either- super affordable and incredibly fair for the tools you're given here. Thank you so much!
-Alli White

Pros:

The pull down menus to set an orders status is super helpful and I love that customers get the updates into their inboxes to know I'm working on their stuff! The storefront was easy to integrate onto my website and is clean cut and easy to browse. The image loading process is painless as well and I like the ability to create an album of images, as well as for massive, multiple loads of merch, you can directly copy one listing and alter it slightly- SO HELPFUL and saves me so much time!

Cons:

The international shipping, while abundantly bursting with options- can almost be too overwhelming at times.

Susan
Legal Services, Self Employed

Highly Recommend Using Ecwid as a Tool to Increase Sales

Comments: We use Ecwid for our document services business. Currently, we utilize Ecwid's Store on our website and Facebook. Ecwid has helped increase our revenue by ensuring an efficient purchase experience for our customers. What is great about Ecwid is that they offer a FREE version which allows up to 2 categories and 10 products to allow your business to grow. Design is limited in FREE version. We like the SKU and description categories that help us determine our target markets. Other bonus features include setting up the automated customer notifications and various payment options which include credit cards, checks, Paypal, e-check, and several other payment options. Once you have built your customer base, you can expand to add more products and increase your sales with Ecwid's Premium version. The Premium version is packed with added benefits of automated tax at check out and adding of E-Markeplaces. While the design features are somewhat limited, the overall benefits outweigh any possible pitfalls. We highly recommend using Ecwid as a Tool to Increase Sales.

Pros:

Easy to use. Great on social media and e-Marketplace.

Cons:

Design options.

Bahaa
General Manager in US
Consumer Goods, 2–10 Employees

Ecwid Understand small businesses needs

Comments: It is great experince , I like it , and I am sure that if i am starting a new store as I planned , it will be only with Ecwid

Pros:

the software meets most of the needs to establish and run an e-commerce business, I can't say it is "The Perfect software " because there isn't any". I like the simplicity of building the store, connect with third-party provider in the area of payment, shipping, etc. Also I very much appreciate the customer service proffissinalism in handling the customers issues .

Cons:

1- store design and layout 2- the entry of product takes a long time, especially if one deal with hundreds of products, you have to move from page to another 3- it will be nice and very much help if some of the priced add-ins added to the software as a basic element of the software 4- the language used in the FAQ and assistant is not some time clear enpugh

Obasi
Investor in US
Health, Wellness & Fitness, 2–10 Employees

Best Cart System Comparatively

Comments: I am a graphic designer, direct response marketer, and investor for the last 25 years. I have used a. lot of systems and it seems that with most others I get to a place where I need something that they don't offer, so I'm forced to find another. I have been with ecwid for several years now and the support is excellent, very solution-oriented and knoweledgeable. They integrate with most systems and online platforms! I can't say enough good things about them. (I know this sounds like this review may have been paid for, but I am a real customer that uses this system every day!) They are just that good!!!!

Pros:

One of the things I like most is that they give you the HTML to embed buttons buy now buttons on your website which makes it super easy for someone to start selling online.

Cons:

I have not encountered anything about the software that I don't like.

Mr.
US
Used the Software for: Not provided

Makes shopping cart placement on any site easy

Comments: I own a small on line store which is attached to my website on the internet
I am not a website guru but can do a little design using a common web program
Getting a website is the first step then you have to get a merchant bank account so people can buy things from your site and you need a service to transfer the money from their credit cards to your bank account + you have to have away for the people to put what they want to buy in a shopping cart and have a way for them to check out. It is all very confusing and for a lot of people overwhelming. With Ecwid if you have less the 10 items their service is free and there4 is enough included to open a pretty neat little store and they will handle almost any type of payment including Bank wire, any credit card, paypal currency exchange the list goes on for free
They have many shipping options and they keep your client informed via e-mail and keep excellent reporting to you of all your clients purchases and their needs which saves a lot of time for other business related matters that come up everyday. They now have phone help with really great people and we all need a shopping cart in our stores anyway they have excel and transfer and quicken.
Our little store added a few items and we went over the free requirement and now pay for the service which gives use the ability to provide discount coupons to our spacial customers and have sales just by creating a discount coupon and marketing it on our website, you can create any type of discount on any item for any period of time with just a few clicks it is super easy
In the last few years our little store went from $600.00 per month to around $4,000.00 per month we carry less then 15 items. We believe in part by the simple design of our website and easy checkout with Ecwid
We checked around and compared cost of shopping cart providers and this was very reasonable and the people really want to help you, so we would say give them a try the first 10 items are completely free to use their services and they have tons of ways for first time users to promote your store and again a lot of it is FREE

Justin
Marketing Operations Manager in US
, 51–200 Employees

An Excellent, Light-Weight Shopping Cart Tool

Comments: Our organization chose Ecwid after much shopping around. We needed to deploy a shopping cart quickly that would allow us to sell a handful of products. The trick for us was that we also needed to integrate the cart into our highly-customized website and into our contact database systems. Using Zapier and few small tweaks to the widget code, we were able to accomplish all of the above on schedule. It has been a wonderful tool for our needs.

Pros:

Incredibly intuitive and easy to use and implement. Lots of out of the box widgets, styling and customization options. An extremely good value for the money.

Cons:

Does not have all the bells and whistles of a more robust shopping cart solutions, however, I think this should only be a deal breaker for larger organizations or sites that need to manage more than a couple hundred of products. I also think that some of its export functionality leaves much to be desired, namely that it doesn't include Auth.net purchase IDs in the export, but we've been able to work around it.

heather
owner in US

Great for Seasonal business, Highly customizable products, handmade products

Pros:

I've been using for 5 years. unlimited product options for product customizations. You can add LOTS of product photos to each product. FREE FOREVER, not just a free trial. So you can test it out for free for as long as it takes you to learn. You can upgrade and downgrade your plan whenever you want and as often as you want so it's perfect for a seasonal business. The BEST solution I have found for a handmade business. Using WP plugin currently and have also used imbedded on other platforms.

Cons:

I have found minor hiccups with WP plugin. But usually I could work around. The WP plugin will slow load time of your site. Support has worked good for me but I wish they were a little more responsive.

Amber
Office Staff in US
Retail, 2–10 Employees

I love Ecwid!

Comments: Fantastic! One of the best shopping carts I have ever used. My all around experience with them has been great.

Pros:

What is not to like? I can chat with tech support anytime and they are all incredibly knowledgeable and helpful. They send me links to directions on how to accomplish the task I am working on and email me screenshots so I can make sure I am in the same area as they are. We have Ecwid on multiple websites and it works great just going to one shopping cart to make price changes, etc and it is carried over to all of our websites. I haven't yet come across anything that I needed Ecwid to do that it could not do.

Cons:

There is nothing I dislike about this software.

Hope
Hope
Owner/President NYC in US
Food Production, 2–10 Employees

Ecwid is great for large shopping cart needs

Comments: Good to great, I use it every day and am basically happy with it since I can fix/add/remove any item I am selling easily from anywhere. My website integrates with it well, which means my clients can buy items pretty easily via Ecwid.

Pros:

I have a lot of items to sell - cookies, bars, pies, cheesecakes - and I can put them all up for sale on Ecwid. I and my staff can put the items online to sell, make changes, add shipping options, etc. Very user friendly.

Cons:

I want more options, like shipping costs/prices, to be put in there. Automatic handling fee and the like. I want to get more reports out of their system and have them be downloaded into Quickbooks.

Gregory
Professional Training & Coaching, 2–10 Employees

Ecwid Just Works

Comments: I run a restaurant directory site. The billing for the membership is handled through the website. However, there was no way to charge any onboarding fees, extra-advertising fees, etc. I was able to add another page with the Ecwid product. This was a very quick fix that does everything I needed it to do.

Pros:

The software "just works." It's super easy to set up. Very easy to integrate with my Stripe account. Changes, additions, subtractions, etc are very intuitive.

Cons:

There isn't really anything I don't like about the software. If anything, I was a little annoyed by the email follow-up campaign. Not that there was anything inherently "wrong" with it. It would be very helpful for someone who did not know at all where to start or where to go with the product. All that said, this was not a real issue. I simply unsubscribed from the emails and went on.