• Overall
    4.1 /5

About UKG Ready

UKG Ready combines the power of HR, talent, payroll, and time to deliver a personalized, people-centered experience.

Learn more about UKG Ready

Jeff K.
Bartender
Hospitality, 10,000+ Employees
  • Reviewed on 06/03/2020

"Kronos for Workplace Scheduling"

Comments: My regular work for the last year or so has recorded my hours and wages via clocking in with my badge on the Kronos system. I have learned to utilize it for all I can. I see my previous work info before payroll is done and can view future schedules and current numbers and earnings. I work for a terrific and large company and Kronos has been a decent timecard tool.

Pros: I have had a regular job that uses this system to clock in and clock out employees.But the device has so much more that allows us to see specifics-specifics related to current pay periods, previous and future. I can see my schedule on the little box and it's really a simplified tool.

Cons: I am on the fence on dislikes. My biggest is likely just what happens but I have had times that I did clock in and it did strange things.An example was an evening that meal break button led to clocking out for the shift.Random but troublesome because our version is not designed to allow management to alter or adjust our needs or problems directly through the system. Qe have to use a paper log for HR or Payroll. So smooth yet missing an easy touch.

• Reviewed on 06/03/2020
Jana Y.
Accounting Specialist
Mental Health Care, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 21/01/2020

"Kronos"

Comments: Overall I have had a great experience with Kronos. I love the learning feature. I have only had issues with the new interface.

Pros: I love the ease of clocking in and out. The phone app is great especially with being able to clock in or out even when you are off line. Love the tracking feature also for the phone app. I also like the reporting module. It is very versatile and I can make reports for individuals exact likes, wants and needs.

Cons: I do not like the new interface at all. It takes longer to get to everything. I feel like I have at least 2 to 3 more clicks of the mouse to get anywhere I need to go. Also the time card seems more messy and harder for the employees to read.

• Reviewed on 21/01/2020
Elena W.
Construction, 501-1,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 16/02/2021

"One Word: EASY"

Comments: Made my life as a manager easy. My admin and I were spending less time on their time cards, which improved office efficiency overall.

Pros: My favorite thing about this software is how easy it is to use. The admin team assigned to me used it for tracking their hours. It was very easy for me to see if they missed a punch, and it was also very easy to correct timecards. They had no issues with the software either.

Cons: My only "con" (if you can even really call it that) was that I thought that the reports could be a bit more user-friendly. They weren't even bad reports though, to be honest. Overall, I don't really have any negative things to say about this software.

• Reviewed on 16/02/2021
Caralyn T.
Administrator
Hospital & Health Care, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 11/12/2020

"All employee information is in one place"

Comments: A great product that is easily able to support a company as it fluctuates in both size and independence.

Pros: It's extremely helpful to have one place that supports the employee from onboarding to off-boarding. Reports are extremely customizable allowing us to provide data upon request quickly. Support staff always very friendly.

Cons: Lay out is not very compact and has a lot of white/blank space causing the user to need to scroll left/right/up/down frequently.

• Reviewed on 11/12/2020
Deon S.
Technology Division Manager
Financial Services, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 16/08/2019

"Workforce Ready - an upgrade?"

Comments: Workforce Ready was supposed to be an upgrade from the previous Kronos platform. The feature set was less than what we had before. As much as this was hyped as an upgrade. Unfortunately, this was not the case.

Pros: Cloud-based and zero on-premises footprint.

Cons: Some processes are convoluted.
Not intuitive.

• Reviewed on 16/08/2019
Alicia L.
Payroll Specialist
Financial Services, 501-1,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 17/01/2020

"Kronos WorkForce Ready"

Pros: The termination process is less steps than it was in Kronos Workforce Central

Cons: Using WFR is like taking a trip back in time. The functionality of the system is very clunky, and resembles the old dos systems. There is no room to customize to fit our company needs. We were told that this system would free up our team to do other projects, if anything it has increased the time needed to preform. The date sensitivity is very annoying, when we make changes we should be able to enter them with an effective date, but the system uses the date we are entering the employee changes as the effective date. During implementation, we were constantly told 'the system does not do that', or 'that can't be done'. Out implementation process was terrible, and we still don't have everything working. Moving from one Kronos product to another should have been seamless, it was anything but seamless. The implementation team should have been able to look at our company in Central and recreate in Ready, without us having to provide everything for them. This was the worst implementation I have ever gone through, it was worse that SAP, which is very sad. I could go on and on, but I won't. I have a spreadsheet comparing Kronos Workforce Central to Kronos Workforce Ready, if you would like to see it I can provide for you.

• Reviewed on 17/01/2020
Lindsay M.
HR Manager
Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 10/03/2017

"Big Company Technology - Small Family Feel"

Comments: As a new user of Kronos - I have been impressed with the value placed on customer service and community support. Workforce Ready is a newer platform and as with all changes, there are a few glitches; however, the tech support and responsiveness makes you feel as though the system issues are minor and worth it. Every single time we call for assistance, the experience is helpful rather than stressful. Product wise - I love the cloud technology and the community features. One of my favorite features is the export option. When first using the product I kept looking for where to "Run Reports" for basic info - when I realized I could manipulate the columns and then just export the data I was looking at I was thrilled. It isn't complicated, doesn't require that I run a bunch of numbers - I just pick what I want to know at that moment & export the file. Then I can easily sort/filter the excel data as needed. I also appreciate the ability to search by multiple details - other platforms require the last name only, but WFR let's me search by multiple features - including the exact name or "starts with". I still have a lot to learn about the system and am anxious for the upgrades and suggestions to be implemented (like the ability to click back/forth between pages as you move through a file without having to go back to the home page); however, I'm pleased with the product and love the relationship - so as long as the focus stays on technological advances, combined with stellar customer service - Kronos will get my vote at the executive table.

Pros: PEOPLE! Software is available and mostly similar - we have a lot of choices in HRIS/Payroll systems, so how you treat your customers is the most important factor in being better. Kronos has this in spades!!

Cons: Benefit plan set up isn't ideal - I need to be able to put in an effective date AND an enrollment date, as they are not the same thing. If my employees don't elect their benefits before the "waiting period" the "New Enrollment" radio button disappears. An employee's waiting period and eligibility dates do not match their election period. I'd like the opportunity to select the different options.

• Reviewed on 10/03/2017
Dawn T.
HR Generalist
Insurance, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 15/02/2017

"Most Comprehensive System on the Market"

Comments: My organization started with WFR's HR and TML. Employees, managers and administrators were impressed with the ease of use, the robust amount of information at their finger tips and the reporting capabilities. After a year and a half of using HR and TML, my organization decided to transfer our payroll to WFR as well. Having HR, Time and Labor and Payroll integrated with each other has allowed my HR team to evolve from and administrative department to a strategic business partner.

Pros: I love that employees and managers have virtual personnel files at their fingertips. Through Employee Self Service, employees can access and change their address, beneficiaries, payroll information, enroll online for benefits, request time off and maintain their schedules. Managers can access employment history, process compensation changes, approve timesheets and upload and review current and previous performance reviews. Instead of tracking down information, entering payroll changes and being the timesheet monitor, my team and I can use our knowledge and skills to make our employees and organization better.

Cons: The reporting functions in WFR are robust but each organization has specific reports required by leadership. Enhancing the reporting function for easier report customization would be my only critique.

• Reviewed on 15/02/2017
Jonathan M.
I.T. Manager
Automotive, 1,001-5,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 23/08/2019

"Easy to use bundle"

Comments: The ease of use with the finger reader and software has been a great benefit. We are an auto dealership with sales and technicians, the ease of use is a great benefit to people not tech savvy. So easy to use software and hardware is paramount for us.

Pros: The software is easy to keep track of clocking and clocking out, vacation and sick days. The finger reader is also convenient and very easy, Just put your finger in the reader and ding! Your clocked in or out.

Cons: I have not experienced any Cons, the software always works and if I need to call support, they are quick to respond and resolve my issue.

• Reviewed on 23/08/2019
Brooke O.
HR Coordinator
Construction, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 14/08/2019

"Review"

Comments: We have been able to go completely paperless with our onboarding process. However, customer support and follow-up has not been a pleasant experience. After implementation and the transition to customer support, I feel we were thrown to the wolves. There is no follow-up available from the project manager who built our system to offer any assistance with updates that come about. Basically, what is built is built is how I feel. We are not in the software business, and I feel it is key to have that support to be able to provide tips and tricks based on updates and new features that come about.

Pros: Recruiting and Onboarding have made our hiring process much easier.

Cons: It is not user friendly from the employee side or the administrator side.

• Reviewed on 14/08/2019
Angie M.
General Manager of Administrations
Automotive, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 20/01/2020

"Kronos could be better"

Comments: Neutral

Pros: User friendly if it is set up properly and the use for our team members.

Cons: Customer Service from our contact [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] and Everything benefits was and is disappointing when it came to our open enrollment.

• Reviewed on 20/01/2020
Diane G.
Human Resource Assistant
Real Estate, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 28/02/2017

"New and Refreshing"

Comments: Kronos is a tool that our Company is learning as we go, and it is much more we have to learn. But the over all learning process is great ! Once you get it, there is more that will tie into the one thing that you learned about that day. You have to explore and get into the process and you will see that Kronos has a lot to offer. When our company first signed on with kronos we were just using the timekeeping module and later we signed on to use the payroll module, and Wow that opened up a lot of what Kronos can accomplish, We are a company with a lot of different issues that a normal company would not have. But Kronos was able to accommodate us with our needs. They have a great support team (The Application Consultant) (Technical Support team).

Pros: I like the way this product ties in and gives you what you need. You can create any kind of report.

Cons: I am a little disappointed in the timely status of customer service getting back to you when you call or put a ticket in through the kronos community. Sometimes you need to know something at a moments notice and we don't have the option to get that answer right away. I think there should be different levels of customer service techs.

• Reviewed on 28/02/2017
Joyce W.
Payroll Clerk
201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 02/10/2018

"Exceptional Time keeping"

Comments: General note to anyone considering Workforce Ready: We have been using this product since 2012. I seldom need to contact Support for assistance as this product tends to work great with minimal problems. When I have reached out for assistance the staff has done a great job resolving problems in a timely manner. You can expect a great product, courteous and professional service.

Pros: We have a wide variety of pay codes and rules. We have built in overtime, shift differentials, Differentials for field training, etc. I have worked with other software programs and Workforce Ready is a program that has been extremely accurate for time keeping. Workforce is one of the best software programs I have worked on for payroll. It is easy to use and understand.

Cons: The only issue I have encountered is when I have employees with multiple codes that fall on a holiday. An example would be: Patrol Officer, who is an FTO while working a holiday. Some hours just don't move over to payroll. However I understand the problem because we are "over-loading" the program with multiple codes.

• Reviewed on 02/10/2018
Erik B.
Special Projects Coordinator
Mental Health Care, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 09/08/2019

"Kronos Workforce Ready - how did we live with out it?!"

Comments: Time keeping has become more efficient. Payroll more accurate. Credential reports to health plans are much easier.

Pros: Kronos WFR is highly customizable to allow for easy reporting and data tracking.

Cons: Some of the back end set up is not self explanatory and often requires outreach to the Kronos Global Support team for guidance. However, KGS is always very helpful in finding solutions to any problems encountered.

• Reviewed on 09/08/2019
Tonisha R.
Executive Assistant
Logistics & Supply Chain, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 10/04/2019

"Wonderful Product"

Comments: Workforce Ready has helped to reduce the amount of paperwork produced and has provided efficient, streamlined services. The program is highly responsive, kept up to date, and we've had very little interruption due to loss of service/downtime. We've used this software for 4 years now and I think it is one of the best programs of it's type. Once the system is properly set up it is very reliable.

Pros: Kronos Workforce Ready is easy to learn and use. We love that the system is modern and constantly being improved upon. The additional tools that are added as tax and healthcare laws change have been invaluable.

Cons: Workforce Ready has been very valuable but adding accounting software to this product would complete it as a ERP system. We really love using this system, but because of our business needs we need a payroll and timekeeping system that is fully integrated with an accounting system. We are forced to transition to another ERP even though Workforce Ready is by far the better product.

• Reviewed on 10/04/2019
Megan H.
HR Coordinator
Hospitality, 1,001-5,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 05/03/2020

"Kronos Workforce Ready"

Comments: We like Ready much more than Central as it was able to handle more of our HR needs.

Pros: All paperless with hiring an applicant from application to full time paperwork. We are then able to track benefits and performance within the system.

Cons: There are updates that are pushed thru Kronos and with being on the cloud you don't have much choice. However they do send out announcements and training prior to any switches.

• Reviewed on 05/03/2020
Steve P.
Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 09/05/2018

"The time keeping system that brought us into the new age."

Comments: The clocks are resilient and easy to use, none of our employees have any complaints.

Pros: It is quick, accurate, and cloud based (so it is available everywhere). It combined our 4 locations, and digitized our PTO system while allow us to use the same access card for time keeping as we do for a door access system.

Cons: The biggest con for us is that it does not integrate with our payroll system (we use paychex flex). We are able to export hours from Kronos to Flex. Another con would be that the App feels a little out dated.

by Jesse on 05/07/2018

Hi Steve,
Thank you for taking the time to review Workforce Ready! It’s great to hear our products have been easy to use, and that your employees are successfully utilizing our clocks. We also appreciate your feedback regarding the integration to your payroll system, and will be sure to send your thoughts to the appropriate teams.
If you have any additional thoughts, please reach out to me at [email protected]
Thank you!
Jesse

• Reviewed on 09/05/2018
Hadassah W.
Director, Employee Relations
Real Estate, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 04/09/2018

"5 years and counting"

Pros: I have been using Kronos Workforce Ready for almost 5 years and am very satisfied with the product. The system is easy to navigate, simple to key in the information, has the ability to run ad-hoc reports and also customize and export them in multiple formats. I also use the system for my payroll processing for almost 500 employees on a bi-weekly basis. The system is simple and has clear workflow to follow for quick and easy processing. If I ever run into an issue, I am able to place a ticket via phone or online with Customer Service and they are pretty quick with getting back to me and assigning me someone who knows how to assist me with my problem.

Cons: Some system functions/packages need to be purchased separately but that is pretty standard when purchasing this kind of a system.

• Reviewed on 04/09/2018
Paula L.
Sr. Payroll Manager
Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing, 1,001-5,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 14/09/2018

"Workforce Ready is a good product that has been able to solve most of our pain points."

Pros: We like the ability to easily see the entire team's time on a dashboard that can be customized to our individual preferences. The ability to approve time sheets for multiple employees easily and quickly is also a highlight of the product. The reporting function is easy to customize reports as needed and share them with others.

Cons: The only con that really has impacted us has been the inconsistent performance. It has been inconvenient because the system has been non-functional on the days we are trying to close out time tracking to process our payroll. This happened consistently for 4 payrolls over an 8 week period. While there were many people at Kronos working on the problem, it never seemed to have the root cause handled so it would not continue to occur.

• Reviewed on 14/09/2018
Diane S.
Human Resources
Real Estate, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 11/05/2018

"Everything you need"

Comments: Overall I do think that Kronos Workforce ready is one of the best systems out there that has a lot to offer in one package.

Pros: I love how all of the different aspects of human resources is woven into one system in a comprehensive and easy to use system, once you know how to utilize it properly.

Cons: Quite a number of our employees are not so tech-savvy and have a hard time with all of the different steps it takes to do simple tasks e.i. logging in or correcting their time...

by Jesse on 05/07/2018

Hi Diane,
Thank you for taking the time to review Workforce Ready!
It’s great to hear of your success in using our products for human resources purposes. We also appreciate your thoughts on the employees’ user experience, and will be sure to route your feedback to our engineering and product teams.
If you have any additional thoughts, please feel free to reach out to me at [email protected]
Thank you!
Jesse

• Reviewed on 11/05/2018
Beth R.
Manager, HR and Administration
Hospitality, 1,001-5,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 09/10/2018

"Great features and lots of flexibility, with great reporting tools but can be a bit clunky with the user interface."

Comments: Overall we really like Kronos. There are just a couple things that would really help the SAS to be great - mainly making the user interface more intuitive and simplified.

Pros: Timekeeping works really well and does everything that we need for our business.
Reporting functionality is really robust. Love it!
Mobile app is getting better and better. Glad to see new hire paperwork on there now.
Lots of good reporting options now that we're using the scheduler and timekeeping.

Cons: Workflows are difficult to build and the functionality can be limiting
Advanced scheduler needs a lot of work. Too complicated for the end user - managers and employees.
Employee self service should be more customizable. End users are looking for simplicity and easy navigation.

• Reviewed on 09/10/2018
Executive Assistant
Hospital & Health Care, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 16/09/2019

"Usable, but clunky"

Comments: It was a good option for us for a long time. It merged all our accounting data into our tax software without too much issue. We have now switched over to Kronos Workforce Dimensions.

Pros: I loved the way it was easy to track and project PTO. The time cards are easy to read and approve since they run top to bottom so you could see an entire 2 weeks on one page.

Cons: Pattern Templates are a pain in the rear. You have to dig through several menus and just "know" what option was going to move you to the next step. Some of these options, didn't seem like a logical progression. Technical support is a joke. I spent hours on the phone with people that should only have taken a few minutes because they have no clue what they are doing.

• Reviewed on 16/09/2019
Barb L.
Staffing Coordinator
Hospital & Health Care, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 22/08/2019

"Workforce Ready evaluation"

Comments: Overall - not bad once we realized that the person who was our contact was brand new and didn't know what was need to set up the initial program and due to that I feel that we may have not gotten the full use out of the program we are utilizing.

Pros: I like the concept of creating schedules that continuously recreate to eliminate the need for constant input.
i like some of the reports that can be pulled for easy information.

Cons: This particular version that we have is not user friendly in that when an employee requests PTO time and it is approved - the schedule also still shows the schedule which makes it confusing.
Not able to show employees that work in multiple work areas during one shift - only shows in one area.

• Reviewed on 22/08/2019
Principal IT Project Lead/IT Developer
Medical Devices, 10,000+ Employees
  • Reviewed on 10/09/2019

"UI needs an overhaul!"

Comments: Tracking time, meeting company financial objectives

Pros: It saves the previous selections for the time-card rows, which makes it easier to enter time from one time period to the next. Also, it's Java-based and can, ostensibly, run on any platform.

Cons: 1. EITHER the columns should auto-size to the larger of the field size and header size and not be sized equally to fit on the display area on the monitor OR it should "remember" the user's preferences when it comes to column size.
2. The pop-up windows (e.g. when looking up "Transfer"/project, entering start/end dates for reports) should open on the *same* screen where the "parent" window is. Having it display on the "left-most" display is, frankly, a PIA.
3. The date format in the headers should be time-zone specific (e.g. mm/dd for US/CAN and dd/mm for EU)
4. The list of values for the "Transfer"/project column that pops up when the mouse pointer is placed in that field should not display right away (maybe add a bit of a delay); this would allow users to copy the current value if needed.
5. There should be a more user-friendly way of exporting the data for any time frame (say, into Excel) that makes it easier to manipulate the exported data (e.g. pivot tables, aggregate functions, etc.) the current UI does not provide this capability and the "report" is practically unusable.
6. The tool does not function in Chrome and repeatedly asks for Java to be installed (which it already is). Likely means that the tool needs to find the JAVA_HOME environment variable and use that to run.

by Kronos on 03/12/2019

Greetings,

Thanks so much for your review. We have spent a considerable amount of time updating the new user interface and would love to be able to give you a demo if you have not started using it. There are also great resource on the Community New UI page found at (https://community.kronos.com/s/newui)

Please email me at [email protected] and we can set you up with a Kronos Expert to help with any questions you may have.

Thanks again for your review
Alaina Froton