15 years helping Australian businesses

Adobe Experience Manager Reviews

About Adobe Experience Manager

Adobe Experience Manager is a powerful suite of composable content services that rapidly deliver high-impact, personalized experiences.

Learn more about Adobe Experience Manager

Pros:

I really liked how much I could customize the forms I created.

Cons:

The deployment model is very old. It does not containerize efficiently and the software need to be deployed in a virtual machine which is very old technology.

Adobe Experience Manager ratings

3.8
4.0
4.3
3.9

7.5/10

Adobe Experience Manager has an overall rating of 4.3 out 5 stars based on 114 user reviews on Capterra.

Have you used Adobe Experience Manager before?

Andrew
Andrew
Global SEO/Digital Marketing Program Manager in US
Computer Hardware, 10,000+ Employees

The Cadillac of CMS

Comments: We used AEM at the very first company I worked with. I dont think I realized how great it is until I moved on in my career to several other companies that do not use it. There is truth to the saying that sometimes you dont appreciate things until you no longer have them! The company I am with now uses AEM, and anytime I get frustrated with not understanding how to do something, I remind myself of the alternative.

Pros:

Adobe Experience Manager (AEM) is the cream of the crop when it comes to CMS. The functionality that it offers - from its backend configuration to its capabilities for 'everyday' users - is unmatched from the other products I have worked with. If I were to single out my top pros for the CMS, I would say its component building blocks, and it's flexible workflow integration. These two things in particular set it apart from other competitors (for me, at least).

Cons:

As with most products that pack a ton of functionality and features, AEM is not always the easiest CMS to work with. That being said, it is also definitely not the most difficult. But, most of the advanced configurations and integrations require an adept development team. And, to make changes to existing functionality also usually requires a lot of interaction with dev (again, not a bad thing, but something to take into consideration).

Luxury Goods & Jewelry, 1,001–5,000 Employees

Excellent enterprise-level CMS with interesting synergies with the entire Adobe suite

Comments: The adoption of the tool was rapid by all company stakeholders. The initial implementation instead required a lot of time and a detailed analysis. We are evaluating possible synergies with the Adobe full-stack and the possibility of using the tool as a CMS for the mobile app and as an email editor.

Pros:

Ease of use and rapid user adoption. The modularity in making page layouts is very convenient. Managing translations via external tools on very complex sites also helps. The possibility of exploiting synergies with other Adobe tools (Adobe Campaign and Adobe Target above all)

Cons:

The management of the content structure, especially in sites with many countries and languages, needs to be absolutely improved as it does not allow a quick customization of the contents on specific countries/languages without manual interventions that require extra effort.

Alternatives Considered: Salesforce Marketing Cloud

Reasons for Choosing Adobe Experience Manager: The switch was necessary for the change of ecommerce platform and for the gradual adoption of the adobe platform on which we were already with adobe campaign and adobe analytics

Switched From: CoreMedia Content Cloud

Reasons for Switching to Adobe Experience Manager: For better integration with the ecommerce platform (SAP) and with all ERP and CRM business tools

, 51–200 Employees

Pretty solid not when it works; smaller additions would make it a more solid program

Comments: Once set up, it is fairly easy to pick up, especially if you have worked with other CMS products.

Pros:

It is pretty easy to pick up with the text component and image one, even for clients who aren't tech savvy.

Cons:

The touch UI interface with versions 6.1 and above feels rather underwhelming. Because I can do much more in the classic interface, it provides little motivation to "play" with the touch interface. Also, cannot see doing much development on the touch UI side. Second, there are a lot of little things Adobe can do that will greatly improved the user experience of this product. First, add a simple spell check the various text editors and allow users to expand the size of the edit dialogue box even selecting assests and pages. Additionally, adding the name of the components when hovering over the component in editing mode in authoring. I know people have requested this. The latest version cloud version also seems a little unstable. Seems to have connectivity issues from time to time.

Denise
Denise
Marketing Specialist in US
Marketing & Advertising, 201–500 Employees

Digital content authoring and delivery tool

Comments: Since Marketo is part of the CRM, and individuals are increasingly migrating away from a dispersed Martech stack in favor of a more unified strategy, the connectivity between the two has been really helpful.

Pros:

As the manager of marketing operations, I am responsible for reporting on campaign statistics, website traffic, and key performance indicators (KPIs), as well as making choices based on this data. The metrics were presented in a way that was easy to understand and use, which aided me greatly in my daily reporting.

Cons:

Although the tool's insights and reports are sufficient, they can be improved by allowing users to create their own segments and therefore allowing them to zero in on the channels that are of greatest importance to them.

Tanya
Plans Examiner in US
Government Administration, 201–500 Employees

Enjoyed the functionality and customization

Comments: I think the forms that I was able to create with AEM were great. The software I now use doesn't have the same customizable features, and I miss them. I feel that the forms I create now don't look at good.

Pros:

I really liked how much I could customize the forms I created.

Cons:

It took a lot of training and practice to get good at using the software.

Ananya
Ananya
Consultant in India
Information Technology & Services, 201–500 Employees

Best User Friendly CMS Tool

Comments: I have been using Adobe Experience Manager as a developer for almost 4 years now and every version out does itself. As a developer, I will be recommending AEM for everybody out there.

Pros:

Adobe Experience Manager is one of the most sort after CMS tool in the world currently. It's modular design, and it's ease of integration with both other Adobe products as well as other third party products makes it unique. It's OOTB features are so easy and well developed that it decreases the effort required in overlaying them. Seamless integration with Java in the back-end and almost all the high rated front-end tools makes it a best product to design a website on. And the customer or business support is the best in the market.

Cons:

Nothing as of such. It's almost a near perfect product.

Pavan
Pavan
Site Merchandiser in India
Marketing & Advertising, 1,001–5,000 Employees

The best CMS tool for carrying out website updates

Comments: This is the best CMS tool that we use for performing day to day website updates for our clients websites. Using this software we customize our clients webpages, we publish new content on our clients websites using this tool. Also it's integration with Adobe Analytics helps us to easily extract our Analytics data for our clients websites.

Pros:

The websites of our clients could be easily customized using Adobe Experience Manager. All the website updates could be easily done for our clients using Adobe Experience Manager. Also the images for our clients websites could be easily customized using this software. The analytics tagging on this software enables us to easily integrate this software with Adobe Analytics so that all our Analytics data can be easily extracted for our day to day use.

Cons:

Sometimes to make some website tweaks using this software will require the assistance of an AEM developer.

Daniel Alejandro
Daniel Alejandro
Ingeniero senior de ventas Hidraulica y Neumatica in Colombia
Consumer Services, 11–50 Employees

Adobe, excellent tool

Comments: Adobe I use it a lot to present quotes, make official letters to important clients and avoid modifications that were not originally made by me.

Pros:

What I like most about this app is its easy and dynamic way of interpreting and presenting excel and word formats and files. I work in the commercial area and submit quotes in Adobe is the easiest and most correct.

Cons:

What I sometimes do not like is that you can not copy texts that come in the Adobe format to paste it somewhere else but in general terms it is a very useful application

Cesar
Cesar
Digital Marketing Manager in Spain
Food & Beverages, 5,001–10,000 Employees

Powerful and complete Digital Experience Platform solution.

Comments: Enables great customer engagement.
Web Contents Management.

Pros:

It's simple to create and manage personalized customers experience across multiple channels.It's simple to create and manage contents with AEM.This tool enhance digital marketing and commerce.

Cons:

I lack anything in particular that I dislike about this tool.It's performance is amazing.

Jennifer
Jennifer
Digital Marketing Coordinator, Graphic Designer in US
Information Technology & Services, 51–200 Employees

Wonderful invention with so many useful features

Comments: In short Adobe Experience Manager allows me to properly organize all my digital assets into one specific location with an ability to view them accordingly.

Pros:

This professional software has so many useful key elements that help in the engagement of the mind and body in the best way. I really like the way in which it helps me to drag and drop out files according to my wish within a single location. Moreover, this unique product has been an immense supporter in blocking all the unnecessary and malicious websites that could be a major issue while working.

Cons:

All the superb features make it my best solution in this huge world of technology. So, I can’t think of any major drawbacks in it that makes it my most favorite.

Bhanu
Java Developer in US
Computer Software, 51–200 Employees

Adobe Experience Manager

Comments: Positive, Good tool to build enterprise level websites

Pros:

Adobe Experience Manager is one of the best content management system for building enterprise level websites. Though it is a bit expensive to low level businesses, it makes it the best web content management tool for big businesses. AEM makes it easy if you want to migrate from other platforms. Its cross channel content customization options are awesome and takes care the digital experience for all type of users is best. Adobe Experience Manager gives a lot of options and tools to target different users like popping up a new offer for first time website visitor, customizing the offers for different zip code locations, which is a lot necessary in today's world. Its integration with other adobe products is seamless and often helpful for different developers like for example its integration with creative cloud is often helpful for UI developers to modify their content and embed it in digital asset manager. Its servers are scalable depending on the users with new AI powered implementation which is a cool feature. I hope Adobe comes with a solution with minimizing the features and price to accommodate low level business. Its integration with Adobe Target makes it a one solution for personalized user experience and targeting users gets a lot easy.

Cons:

It is a bit expensive for low level businesses.

Kaleena
Sr. Communications Consultant in US
Insurance, 10,000+ Employees

Adobe Experience Manager gets the job done!

Comments: Our virtual team enjoys using AEM for our internal communication publishing needs.

Pros:

AEM is relatively intuitive. We are able to edit and publish content quickly and without many issues.

Cons:

Sometimes formatting doesn’t work well or the program operates slowly. It can be frustrating to waste time when these things happen.

Scott
PrePress Manager/IT in US
Printing, 11–50 Employees

Adobe Experience Manager

Comments: Overall I have had a fair experience with Adobe Experience Manager. Our employees use adobe every single day so it needed to be managed.

Pros:

I would say this software works great. The Manager function works as it should. Easy to manage and find what needs to be found.

Cons:

One thing I do not like is if as the manager of the software I need to cancel one subscription it will not just cancel it. It will put the subscription on hold and wait to assign it to someone else. I had to try and get a hold of someone on support to remove the subscription so we don't get charged another monthly fee.

Saurabh
Developer in US
Computer Software, 11–50 Employees

Adobe Aem Review

Comments: Overall I would say king of CMS in the market now. Hard to understand and implement. You have to go by convention then and then you will get desired results.

Pros:

Configuration based Java based OSGi services Extensible components Salable Use either MongoDB or tarMk

Cons:

Steep learning curve Preliminary knowledge of Java is required Oob components are poorly designed

Jeff
Creative Producer in US

Working within AEM allowed for fast and effective publishing

Comments: So much of the website could be updated with new content in a timely manor with a relatively small team managing the builds.

Pros:

I used this tool on a daily basis at my last job for 2 and a half years. The templating options allowed our company to work within a standard set of page layouts that helped streamline the page builds and keep the site w/in brand standards.

Cons:

From time to time some of the page templates seemed to be a bit buggy and not perform normal functionalities.

Katie
Digital Content Developer in US
Mechanical or Industrial Engineering, 5,001–10,000 Employees

AEM - Not for the Faint-Hearted.

Pros:

Not much to like about AEM. Only benefit is that once you get used to using it, it doesn't change.

Cons:

Not intuitive, difficult to use, very clunky.

Mauricio
CFO in Brazil
Consumer Services, 11–50 Employees

I am amazed

Pros:

What I like most is that it make it easier to organize, adapt, and distribute rich media and experiences across the customer journey.

Cons:

Sometimes the wait time by each screen until I reach the app I need disencourages me a bit.

Insurance, 11–50 Employees

Very useful but transformed to be prohibitively expensive

Comments: Was great, but pricing forced us away from the product.

Pros:

It was the best tool I've ever found to make dynamic forms

Cons:

It used to be included in acrobat but was transformed in to a 5-figure product, way too expensive for a small business.

Zac
Zac
Interaction Designer in US
Design, 201–500 Employees

Dynamic Platform

Pros:

We use Adobe Experience Manager Mobile for sales enablement and to publish marketing materials. It’s a very dynamic product that allows us to reach our customers in all major platforms and gather data on usage. Because we also use it for sales enablement, we can also get insight into what marketing materials our sales force finds useful.

Cons:

It takes quite a bit of maintenance if you don’t have the IT department to back you up. I’m also sure that many of the features are underutilized from a lack of technical knowledge.

Tiffany
GMP QA Lead in UK
Alternative Medicine, 51–200 Employees

So many features

Comments: We are definelty looking to roll this out across the company

Pros:

The idea that we can everything in once place - a giant content control panel

Cons:

As with Most adobe items, its on the pricey side

Derek
Derek
Front-End Web Developer in US
Marketing & Advertising, 201–500 Employees

Adobe Experience Manager

Comments: Adobe Experience Manager let us put some of our past concerns past us. We no longer have security issues like we had experienced in the past.

Pros:

The features of the Adobe Experience Manager is what sets them apart from the competition! Although fit more for the enterprise level, it offers much more than competitors can.

Cons:

Price point is high, however extremely worth the price if it fits in the budget.

Josh
Physician in US
Hospital & Health Care, 5,001–10,000 Employees

Powerful program with a learning curve

Pros:

Livecycle literally does it all for you once you learn how to use it. It saves time and headaches. It is a great program to design and edit dynamic forms.

Cons:

The learning curve for this program is steep, and the cost can be prohibitive, however, with a little time the program can truly become integral to your workflows.

Hospital & Health Care

Powerful, but you have to learn how to use it

Pros:

What we primarily use this for is to create forms. This is great and offers a lot of flexibility in creating exactly what we what. There are a lot of validating and math functions that makes this a useful tool.

Cons:

Granting rights to write onto the form you output is difficult. It does not work with some iOS platforms. Learning how to use the software can be incredibly frustrating.

Cindy
Ecommerce Associate in Honduras

Comprehensive content management solution for our websites, mobile apps and forms.

Pros:

Since my team is in different countries, this system allows multiple contributors to access and manage the content simultaneously.

Cons:

Difficult at the beginning if you have no knowledge, you'll often have to figure out on your own and spend hours learning something. And also it can be a bit pricey for some small companies.

Kayla
Kayla
Assistant Director of Marketing and Communications, Housing and Food Services in US
Higher Education, 1,001–5,000 Employees

AEM is so helpful

Pros:

I love using this tool to create all of our website updates. It's so simple, almost anyone can learn to use it.

Cons:

Sometimes when I activate changes to my account, it takes several attempts to get the new text/images to appear on our live site. The DAM usually takes a long time to load, too.