Filter by:

• Overall

About GanttPRO

Online Gantt chart software for project management that allows teams to visualize project plans and manage tasks.

Learn more about GanttPRO

Allan Z.
Founder in US
Publishing, Self Employed

Tested over 15 Gantt/Project Management apps and GanttPro really tops them all!

5 2 years ago

Comments: Sign in and, go! That was my personal experience the minute I started using this app. The application is very intuitive, but I am a technical person, the real test was when I brought the rest of the team and managers to the platform. The team felt comfortable on the application and there was not much training we had to provide. If you are used to excel and to-do list you already know how to use this application.

Pros:

Here are my pros, I have been using this software for a couple of months now. The app is quick to learn. You have actual printing formats; say you need to print a project map on tabloid or legal, the application outputs the right size for printing files formats. Drag and drop of tasks feels firm. Subtask numbering is a godsend. Modern look and feel. Ability to add resources like people, materials, etc.! Column view format for tasks. Is all there! GanttPro really replaces Microsoft Projects, and Gantt features on any popular project management app out there like Asana, Trello, and various others.

Cons:

Reporting needs some work. I would love to see more reports like, executive status report of project/s, dashboard-like reports for team meetings, birds-eye view, burn-down, burn-up, charts and other metrics for the project/s, and just more reports in general.

Christopher N.
Principal in US
Architecture & Planning, 2-10 Employees

GanttPRO review

4 7 months ago

Comments: Overall I like this program. It being online helps too in that you can access it from any computer.

Pros:

The ease of use is the key to this software. I built a gantt chart without prior knowledge of this program and it is intuitive. Changing time frames is as easy as a click and a drag. Tasks can be a multitude of colors. Being a designer I like the fact that the resulting gantt chart can be a beautiful document. More customizable features would be great to that effect!

Cons:

Copying one task to make another is still as little cumbersome in that it does not automatically place it where you intend. After copying sometimes it places it in weird spot and you need to do a re-shuffle of tasks.

7 months ago

Hi, Christopher! Nice to hear such a positive feedback. Thanks! If you have questions or issues to fix, please, contact us in the live chat on the site or email at [email protected]

David W.
President/CEO in US
Construction, 11-50 Employees

Ganttpro is easy to use

5 last year

Comments: So far our team loves using Ganttpro. It has been a very easy transition from MS Project 2013. Schedules have gone a day to create to 3 to 4 hours.

Pros:

Easy of use Does not lock up like MS Project 2013 Drag and drop links to tasks Collaboration with team members Static links for sharing with the client MS Project import

Cons:

I wish cost loading was a little easier I wish saving a duplicate project was allowed instead of having to create a template of the project

last year

Thank you very much for the review, David. We are glad to see you're enjoying using GanttPRO. It is important to note that you can always save a previously created template and use it in the future. If you need help, please, contact us at [email protected] Have a nice day!

Josefa C.
User Experience Innovation Specialist in Hong Kong
Design, 11-50 Employees

GanttPro – The project management tool you'll need

4 2 years ago

Comments: I would like to have the UI to be more minimal. Or maybe have another feature of customizing the color of the grouped timeline bar. The blue is really distracting now. Would like to have a back button. Sometimes I accidentally moved something but I couldn't undo it and it's really annoying, especially with the linked items. When you move one. Another would move together. So when you accidentally move something, you don't really know how it looks before and this would easily mess the entire timeline.

Pros:

GanttPro has an intuitive interface. With the features it has, you could better allocate your resources and keep track of the project timelines. No more delays.

2 years ago

Josefa, thank you for using GanttPRO and writing this review. I would like to pay your attention that you can easily change your task color in task settings. Right now, we have 18 different colors. Also, at the top right corner, you will find the History of changes button. This menu allows you to look through your whole project and undo any action made by you or even by your team members. You can go back even to your very first action in GanttPRO and undo it, fast and easy. You can get answers to all of your questions in the Live chat inside GanttPRO or consult GanttPRO FAQ.

Alp K.
Civil Engineer in Turkey
Construction, 201-500 Employees

Gannt Pro for Constructions

5 7 months ago

Pros:

I use GantPRO in two diffrent phases of the projects that I involve. First phase is proposal which makes client compel to think that I am well aware of the project in terms of time, steps and possible clashes. I choose GanttPRO because its way more visual, easy to operate on and simple to understand. Second phase that I use the softwere is during the construction processs. I print out my plan and I also get to update the chart on my computer from any device that I am in reach of. At the end of every project I also like to back and evaluate how accurate I was on the milestones and schedules that I made on GantPRO so that I can reflect my gathering to the future projects.

Cons:

It would be very helpfull to get more languages in the software so that every person involved on the project could easly understand

7 months ago

Thanks for your warm feedback! We are glad that you are satisfied with our application.

Sam V.
Co-Founder in New Zealand
Renewables & Environment, 2-10 Employees

Great for sorting our business out!

5 2 years ago

Comments: Benefits really are from organising our multiple projects far more easily and without having such complexities when figuring out workloads for different employees. It has also helped our future planning for when we want to expand the workforce.

Pros:

The software was super easy to use and import our gantt charts from excel into. We did some digging around on different PM softwares and this one was superior for ease of use, price, and customer service. I do highly recommend using GanttPro for your business! It really has organised our projects and ensured that we hit our timelines without me pulling my hair out.

Cons:

Nothing really to complain about yet, I'm sure there will be something but so far the customer service team has been great at helping sort any queries we had.

2 years ago

Thank you for the positive review, Sam. We are very happy that you enjoy using GanttPRO.

Director, Industrial Design and Development in US
Luxury Goods & Jewelry, 51-200 Employees

GanttPro is Amazing

5 7 months ago

Pros:

There are a few key features that I was surprised to see in the price range of GanttPro. 1) The ability to link task and having it automatically change with any effect to previous task, 2) Having the ability to do a compare and contrast of the agreed timeline to the reality, 3) The reporting feature for being able to see the time spent on all the projects, and 4) The live timeline web link that can be shared and even displayed on a screen for the company to see.

Cons:

The export feature is very limiting but I did love that there was a live web link that can show the progress on and any given project.

7 months ago

Hi, thank you for the nice feedback!

Juan R.
Director in Mexico
Architecture & Planning, 2-10 Employees

Team Based Scheduling

4 3 years ago

Comments: I find it is a good software, it has helped me sell my work since Clients appreciate Time Control, specially on Projects that take months. Team members are happy, everyone knows "where" we are and "what" needs to be done since it is cloud based and some Team members are in different offices and cities.

Pros:

I use it for schedulling architectural design projects, and find it has good features besides the obvious and basics: you can use WBS, Lag Time, Personal Calendars, custom color the Task Bars, which give you better control and feel of your schedule, and use Filters to "see" what you want to focus on. Also has a Critical Path!

Cons:

The Task Bar Time span is only produced according to the Project Calendar. I have staff with different work days and hours (per day) - Personal Calendars - so I expected the software to produce different Time Spans based on Personal Calendars but it does not. You have to punch in the "Effort Hours" (real hours to do the Task), use your calculator and punch in "Duration Hours", based on what the actual Person works per day and week. Then if you reassign the Task to someone with a different Personal Calendar, punch in Duration again :(

2 years ago

Juan, thank you very much for the review. Automatic change of a task duration depending on available hours of resources is one of the top requests for today. In a few months it will be possible. Stay tuned!

Blake J.
Regional Construction Manager in US
Real Estate, 201-500 Employees

Great Software

5 7 months ago

Pros:

This is easy to use, and I love the project history that is available.........no searching through multiple folders......all active projects are right there. Easy to change dates, durations, dependencies, and switch between projects. I've used both MS Project and FastTrack, and I'll admit that those are super robust programs..........but for the money, GanttPRO is easier to use and has 90% of the features that those big guys have. FYI.........I track low level construction projects in the multi-family industry.....previously, I was tracking bigger construction projects in Commerical and Health Care industries and still did not need to use all of the features in MS Project or FastTrack.

Cons:

There have been a few glitches..........but customer service fixes them quickly. If you need a super robust system, this might not be the best.........but for 75% of project management needs, this fits the bill.

7 months ago

Blake, thanks for the positive review! Enjoy your project management with GanttPRO.

Laura G.
Financial Planning Analyst in UK
Leisure, Travel & Tourism, 1,001-5,000 Employees

Free trial was great, we are looking at going ahead with purchasing the licenses

5 2 years ago

Comments: My team is using it to schedule tasks and meetings for quarterly forecasting. When everyone has visibility of the process it is easier to communicate, also if one deadline moves then it reschedules everyone's tasks in line.

Pros:

Ability to add a person as a resource without them needing an account. Ease of use and it's not over-complicated. Ability to set dependencies and move tasks together. Send email reminders and link to GoogleDrive.

Cons:

Would like it if slack could be built into the dependencies so that one task doesn't move when another does unless it moves past a certain date.

2 years ago

Thank you very much for the review, Laura. We'd like to inform you that GanttPRO provides the "lag" option. While creating dependencies, you can easily put a duration that a dependent task must lag before and after the dependency is met. You can set positive or negative lag. Enjoy your project management with GanttPRO.

Jose A.
CIO in Ecuador
Professional Training & Coaching, 11-50 Employees

The best project management software I've tried ever

5 7 months ago

Comments: It was very useful for coordinating projects and keeping up-to-date control. It also facilitated the presentation and reporting of progress with the Board.

Pros:

The program's interface is very intuitive, easy to use. The options that it manages are complete and contains everything necessary for a project management at all levels

Cons:

It would be convenient for you to handle individual monthly subscriptions and not just annual

6 months ago

Jose, we are so glad that you are satisfied with GanttPRO! Have a good day!

Matan W.
biomedical engineer in Israel
E-Learning, Self Employed

good!!!

5 2 years ago

Pros:

I really like this software! She is the most orderly there, the easiest to understand and arranges for me the best project I could ask for! I am a biomedical engineering student so it is very important to me a good software for managing the project. I found this software to be the most excellent of all the other software. Also the matter of downloading the schedule to the most tidy computer I found out of all the other software. Plus, the design in the software is perfect! Very nice and boring design. I also see that it is also very suitable for managing large company projects, easy to add employees and share tasks for everyone. For everyone to use.

Cons:

nothing .This software just isn't missing anything !!! It is perfect software and has no drawbacks to it. I will continue to use it for a long time

2 years ago

Matan, thank you so much for such a warm feedback! We are happy that GanttPRO simplified your work in projects.

﹒ dovi K.
﹒ dovi K.
Student in South Africa
Computer Software, Self Employed

Gantt Pro is fantastic

5 last week New

Comments: My overall experience was 10/10, a grade A experience, as you can see, I only had pros and no real cons. It does exactly what I wanted it to, and very well, as I said in the pros, the customization in terms of colors and shapes of tasks, the export function is great should I want an image of my chart, which I've used on several occasions. Whenever I create a chart using GanttPro, it always ends up being a good project, due to GanttPro doing it's best to make sure I stay on schedule, I really loved my experience.

Pros:

I mostly used this product to create Gantt charts, which is really does a fantastic job at. Between the different customization of colors, shapes and task types, and as well as exporting to PDF/ XML/ Excel/ PNG features, which come in handy, should you want to work outside of GanttPro's system with other team members. I also loved the way it tracks your progress really well, making sure, I'm always on schedule when it comes to finishing my projects on time. TL;DR if you need to create a Gantt Chart, look no further because you've arrived at your destination.I really don't have much bad to say about this great project. It really just feels smooth and professional.

Cons:

I can't say that there was much about Gantt I didn't like, everything was great and it worked just as I expected it to and how I wanted it to.

Romual K.
Student in Germany
Education Management, Self Employed

Intuitive and user-friendly Tool

5 2 months ago New

Comments: I am currently using GannttPRO to plan my master's thesis. I use is mainly for project planning and Milestone-tracking.

Pros:

Features that i really liked : Project planning - Milestone Tracking - The german Translation is very good. GanttPRO is a well-designed and easy-to-use tool. cIt is very well designed, user-friendly and intuitive. It has custom fields for tasks, board view, critical path feature, and has a Strong Focus on Gantt charts. I am using the german version, and I find the translation quite impressive. The fact that I can access and use the software on all my devices is simply tremendous. One of my main selection criteria for project management Software is how long I need to use the Tool productively. GanntPRO is straight to the point. As a student engineer, that's what I need—no beating around the bush.

Cons:

Nothing for now. The Tool exceeds my expectations.

Fanling B.
Student in New Zealand
E-Learning, 501-1,000 Employees

Great Gantt Chart Tool Overall

5 2 years ago

Comments: GANTTPRO is a very easy tool for anyone to pick up and start with. Setting up a new project was very straightforward.
GANTTPRO is definitely comparable to the top Gantt chart offerings in the market. If you’re looking to try out an alternative software, GANTTPRO will not let you down.

Pros:

GANTTPRO has a very nice interface, and allows more than enough customisation options. Not only that, the user experience is also highly intuitive. For example, adding a new subproject is easy, you can easily drag it to the right position after creating it. This has helped in my university assignment so much.

Cons:

There is not much to complain, except I wish GANTTPRO offers monthly subscriptions for student users like myself. They pricing options are currently limited to annual billing. Apart from that, the free trial version is also forcing users to have watermark on the background of each export.

Bruno S.
Student in Portugal
Management Consulting, 10,000+ Employees

Gantt PRO - Easy and critical to sucess

5 4 months ago

Comments: My experience is very good, easy to use, good features and price/quality is amazing.

Pros:

This software allows companies to easily manage their project and ensure success among projects and programs. User friendly and easy to start using.

Cons:

The customer service can improve, it took some time to receive reliable information regarding a new feature the company launched.

Khaoula B.
student in France
Mechanical or Industrial Engineering, Self Employed

Fits my needs perfectly

5 last year

Pros:

what i liked the most is the simplicity, this software is user friendly and provide you what you need without spending so much time trying to understand it.

Cons:

exporting the results can be tricky and the diagrams are not that clear

Eric C.
Eric C.
Project Manager in US

Finally a Gantt Chart Software worth using!

4 4 years ago

Pros:

Viewing and exporting feature are super helpful when you need to share the info with someone outside of your organization. The ability to share charts and organize users for specific access and control is very helpful.

Cons:

When you print the charts to paper, the indented levels of milestones and tasks are all left aligned and it makes it difficult to distinguish the milestones.

XB Software Response

4 years ago

Unfortunately, we do have that bug with printing. But we work on improving it. Thank you for your review, Eric. Please, stay tuned and you will see how GanttPRO is changing for better!

Gary C.
Project manager in US
Biotechnology, 11-50 Employees

Definitely recommend. Very easy-to-use and easy-to-learn software for small to medium-sized projects

5 last year

Pros:

- Easy to learn. I was rocking GanttPro within 10 minutes. For comparison, with Microsoft Project (version 2010?), it was days of work, while still having the software be confused by the scheduling logic and durations when auto-scheduling. - Easy to use - Easy to share your work with a team. I believe there is even a way to link people to a read-only view of your project. - The Gantt charts look great, which I think is important, because it helps people understand the information. - Runs in a browser. Great for cross-platform compatibility. - Extremely responsive customer support team.

Cons:

- No deal breakers, only a few minor annoyances that would only affect some users - When you open a task’s detail window, there is a section that shows the links / logic ties to other activities. The icons all look the same to me, so I can’t tell if the activities are tied FS, SS, FF, etc. If you are not doing very large projects with lots of dependencies, then this will not affect you at all. However, for items with lots of dependencies, chasing the arrows in the Gantt chart view becomes confusing quickly. - I wish it was cheaper, but I say that about many things :)

Ivan N.
Ivan N.
Software developer in Croatia

Great managment software

5 2 years ago

Comments: Best time managment tool I have used and I have been very satisfied with it.

Pros:

GanttPRO is great project managment tool and looks very nice. It has fresh and innovative design. User can select working hours and working days which I found lacking in many similiar softwares. It is very easy to use and very intuitive. Also, I liked drag and drop functionalities, the integrated dependencies and progress tracking. Charts are very customizable. Overall I really like the software. You can do a wide range of things with it and it makes it very easy to communicate with members in the team.

Cons:

Nothing in particular. Everything I have used is at least as good as my previous products.

2 years ago

Ivan, glad to see that you're satisfied with our application. Thanks for the feedback!

Adele C.
Development Manager in South Africa
Information Technology & Services, 1,001-5,000 Employees

GanttPro, easy as pie

5 2 years ago

Comments: GanttPro is a all in one solution, from logging time to viewing, adding and maintaining tasks, push notifications for when tasks are done is a major advantage for a project manager that wants to be kept in the know. Having it export beautifully as a PDF makes reporting at a glance much easier especially when needing to present in meetings around project deadlines and specific tasks.

Pros:

I loved that I could import my Microsoft Projects directly into GanttPro with a click of a button. The system is easy to use and works very well when exporting to PDF or other formats which is a major plus.

Cons:

It took a while to get accustomed to what all the buttons do, as there were no hover overs to explain them.

2 years ago

Adele, thank you very much for a positive review! We really appreciate it. Please, feel free to contact our online support or email at [email protected] in case you have some questions. Stay tuned and you will see how GanttPRO is changing for better.

Daniel F.
Architect in Germany
Architecture & Planning, Self Employed

A very useful tool!

5 last year

Comments: I like to use it, I think its very well structured and makes it possible to have a good overview at any given time. I will continue to use it and also recommend it to my collegues. There are some features "missing" but it overall works great for the projects I want to organize. Thanks to GANTTPRO, great job!

Pros:

The best feature of this software is to be flexible in the whole process. The linking of different task and the automatic dependencies are most helpful.

Cons:

For me it would be helpful to be able to assign tasks to companies and not only to members of the team. There is a workaround that makes it possible but still a small critique.

12 months ago

Thank you for your review, Daniel. If you miss some features, please, let us know at [email protected] We will be glad to hear your feedback.

Nhat T.
Nhat T.
Graduate Research Assistant in US
Research, 2-10 Employees

Helped me greatly in my researches and dissertation writing

5 6 months ago

Pros:

GanttPRO is a fully online project management tool that is great for managing multiple deadlines, and dependencies between sub-projects and tasks. It has helped me greatly in finishing my PhD dissertation. I was managing to finish 2 publication articles that would end up in my dissertation manuscript. GanttPro makes it easy to add these 2 sub-projects as dependencies to the overall dissertation project. It also can visualize a comprehensive Gantt chart to show me what stage I'm at, so I know what to be working on and what to expect ahead. Additionally, with the interactive drag-and-drop feature, I can easily manipulate the various deadlines and dependencies as my plan changes. The set of features and interactives makes it a joy to use!

Cons:

Although the website is quite responsive on the Safari browser, it would sometimes cause a bit of slows down if I were to make quick changes in succession. I would love to see a dedicated desktop application for this great tool.

Ian G.
Australia
Used the Software for: Not provided

Wonderful Gantt chart software

5 6 years ago

Comments: GanttPro is exactly as the name implies. It is a beautifully executed online Gantt chart tool which allows quick drag-drop functionality, and just enough depth to capture multiple dependencies without overburdening the user. It will also elegantly and automatically update every dependent task when you make a change to an earlier task, which is fantastic. Templates can be created to save time if you are regularly producing charts for a specific type of project and the entire platform seems to have been built with the time-poor project manager in mind - Which is something a lot of other Gantt software could learn from. The user interface offers a few different skins/themes and is very straightforward to use. You can also export to PDF, PNG, and spreadsheet very painlessly and it looks good enough to show the boss or shareholders right out of the software. Lastly, I have posed a few questions to the support team who have responded literally within seconds. For the price of a few coffees a week, I think it is well worth the investment if you are regularly needing to create Gantt charts. At the very least I would recommend that you give the free version a go. GanttPro is a top-notch bit of software.

XB Software Response

6 years ago

Thank you so much for such awesome feedback!

Cherng V.
Student in Malaysia
Information Technology & Services, 501-1,000 Employees

Great Gantt Chart Builder for Project Plan

5 2 years ago

Comments: I was looking for a gantt chart application for my project plan. After trying a few tools, I found out GanttPro. GanttPro provides an easy-to-use user interface which helps me in completing the project plan in few clicks. One of the most useful tools is its version restore feature. With the feature, I'm able to revert to previous version when modification of the project plan is required.

Pros:

Easy to use with drag and drop functions and automated schedule planning.

Cons:

Slightly cramped interface that make it difficult to view the whole chart.