Filter by:

• Overall

About Pulseway

Pulseway is an award-winning IT management platform that gives you complete control over everything IT.

Learn more about Pulseway

Dave J.
IT Manager in US
Construction, 51-200 Employees

We Love Pulseway

5 2 years ago

Comments: Pulseway has gotten better and continues to improve on their service offering. They have partnered with Webroot for antivirus and security training and Unitrends for backup. Both services we use and neither has let us down. I highly recommend Pulseway and we are very happy with their service. Give them a test drive and see for yourself how admin friendly they are.

Pros:

We have been using Pulseway for 3 years system wide. Our IT team has until this year consisted of just me to support 14 sites. Most of my sites are relatively close with my closest at 1 mile and furthest 90 miles away. But I have one site in Colorado and another in Florida. Pulseway lets me manage all sites seamlessly. With their recent addition of 3rd party software updating, it is a more complete offering that makes our jobs so much easier. Their phone app is what sold me on Pulseway and continues to provide the best remote tool that I’ve ever seen.

Cons:

I come from a small MSP consulting background where we tried several different RMMs & PSAs but ended up using Continuum for our main system. I’ve also used SolarWinds in the past, Pulseway handles most of the tasks that Continuum and SolarWinds do, not 100% yet, but the few parts that are left out is room for improvement and growth.

Peter P.
Software Project Manager in US

Pulseway controls the activities of my system and keeps me always informed.

5 2 years ago

Comments: All those moments in which we were slaves of our teams where our presence was necessary, with the acquisition of Pulseway has been forgotten, because with this excellent tool we can monitor and control all activities presented by the teams and servers of the company from any mobile device. There are many occasions that we have avoided major inconveniences to hardware and software for our sastifaccion.Me I like the particularity that this system has to be able to integrate amounts of third-party services, among which we can mention are Zandesk, Slack, Pagger Duty, etc, that can expand solutions that help to obtain greater value of infrastructure management services.

Pros:

The installation of Pulseway in our equipment was very simple, we also delight with its user interface. This system has kept us aware of all the activity that can present our servers at all times, as we are always receiving notifications in advance, with this platform we have no problems in browsing files, operate maintenance windows, manage network connectivity and much more. We can monitor and control operating systems such as Windows, Linux and Mac, as well as any other applications if we use the monitoring API. It has a mobile application for IOS and Android devices, which means that we can track and manage all IT resources remotely, in the same way to advanced automation, so we do not have to spend a lot of time on routine tasks, copies security and security controls, etc.

Cons:

Pulseway is a wonderful system, which means that it is difficult to find defects.

Steve G.
President in US
Computer & Network Security, 501-1,000 Employees

Great Overall Management Tool

5 3 years ago

Comments: I am using Pulseway for Systems management and compliance. It is used on end user desktops as well as servers. We use it for Antivirus central management. (Webroot). We use it for end user support using the Pulseway Remote Desktop. We also use it for systems monitoring and alerting. It is a very effective tool.

Pros:

Having the mobile app combined with the web portal allows me to manage my devices practically anytime anywhere! The scripting tools help me accomplish tasks effortlessly for tasks that are not built in to the system, which is rare. It is also a very versatile/customizable tool for monitoring and notifications.

Cons:

There hasn't been an update for the Win 10 App in a while. I would love an investment in this tool. But, I have moved to the web portal as a workaround. I would love to schedule deployment of Antivirus and scripting for when the next time a device checks in, not just when they are online.

South Africa

Amazing product, amazing team, fantastic value

5 3 years ago

Pros:

Best monitoring and management software out there Well priced Has all the features one would require Control everything from your phone with the Phone App New features added all the time Support is brilliant Able to rebrand the software with your own company information Group policies make managing settings across organisations/departments a breeze Ability to create custom scripts is fantastic Easy to for technicians to adopt and my clients love it

Cons:

Remote desktop isn't the fastest and lacks built in file transfer and chat (chat is done via a separate app) - although support say they are working to improve this. Can't manage third party updates in patch management Would love more antivirus options, perhaps Malwarebytes or Bitdefender There isn't an unlimited endpoints license option (or a per technician license model) to help curb costs when you've got a considerable amount of endpoints to license

Stephen F.
Director of IT in US
Hospitality, 201-500 Employees

How we use Pulseway

4 2 years ago

Comments: It's so incredibly useful. I turns long overnight procedures into playing with your phone on the couch. It would take me around 2x 8 hour overnight shifts to properly run updates all the machines, now its all done from my couch as the wife and I watch TV together. Just fantastic!

Pros:

It visually offers you the information you are looking for in an easy to read and intuitively presented manner. It saves me hours a week, days every month and at least a month every year to simply allow me to keep my workstations working optimally. A chain is only as strong as it's weakest link. Pulseway makes my links stronger!

Cons:

The leg work needed to set up correctly. Manually setting each PC to Wake on LAN, Name changes, Writing scripts, etc... Sometimes I feel that this product is really 3 in one. However the cohesion of it all is broken. I don't often use the remote software, relying heavily on Microsoft RDP. Or simply just walking to their location. If the remote option was in the same space I would find the CPU or the Updates, than I would utilize it more. Same with Webroot, my antivirus, I find myself using the Pulseway to install the software on other's PCs, however I lack in utilizing the full benefits because of the many steps needed to.

Morné B.
Morné B.
Information Technology & Services
Used the Software for: Not provided

Monitoring and Management - anytime, anywhere!

5 7 years ago

Comments: Having been in various IT related industries throughout my career I've used a variety of solutions similar to Pulseway.
None have made attending to any alerts or issues throughout the infrastructure this quick and easy.
Offering a single pane of glass for your entire infrastructure, you get the information you need, in a format that's efficient, and can attend to issues from your phone!
Yes you can install a SSH and RDP client on your phone and launch browsers, but every one of these methods wastes precious minutes as you scramble to open everything needed to attend to a critical issue.
With Pulseway, this is no longer any concern!

Pros:

Most importantly - getting to work quicker. With direct integration with various services used throughout your environment, Pulseway offers immediate access to resolving issues, without the need to hop between different management interfaces, control panels or other systems. Consistent interfaces throughout their applications, be it the web interface, Windows or mobile apps. A passionate and amazing vendor - suggestions are taken seriously and these guys genuinely take to heart any feedback you give them. Constant improvements - they are always working towards improving their product and adding new features.

Cons:

Nothing of importance - my last point noted with the Pros is the passion shown by the vendor - this nullifies any real shortcoming because every criticism/suggestion I've had has not only been attended to, but are slated for release with future updates!

Jim B.
CEO in US

Pulseway is a great IT tool

5 3 years ago

Comments: Pulseway lets me see when computers and devices are connected to the internet and when they are not. I can see who logs on right away to make sure it is a legitimate user, the time they logged in and when they logged out. This has helped me to identify viruses and unauthorized activity. It gives even the ip address of who is accessing if it is a remote connection, which triggers an alert. All of the people at Pulseway I have dealt with are always friendly and eager to help.

Pros:

It has all of the features needed to professionally monitor all the electronic devices customer use today. It is efficient and reliable.

Cons:

The one thing I would like to have is the ability to transfer files while connected remotely.

Jason F.
Owner in US
Information Technology & Services, Self Employed

2nd Year Review

5 3 years ago

Comments: 100% the best business investment so far!

Pros:

We have had this software for little over 2 years now. It is a complete RMM tool that works flawlessly. With many options from snmp traps to thermals of the device you are monitoring. The app is very easy to use with 80% of the same capability as the dashboard.

Cons:

Setup was easy however communication for setting up the SSL on the self hosted option was somewhat spotty.

Scott W.
Partner in US

Best Monitoring Package on The Planet

5 3 years ago

Pros:

The ability for our team to effectively monitor all of our mission critical servers and resources. In addition, the ability for us to take corrective actions from our mobile devices is of great benefit. I'm not sure there really is a true competitor or replacement for this in the industry.

Cons:

We really have nothing negative to say about the product.

George C.
George C.
Software Developer in UK
Human Resources, 11-50 Employees

All you need plus nice xtras.

5 3 years ago

Comments: I am able to quickly add someone to a group and then take over. No need to exchange pwds/ids. no need for complicated configuration so that i can re-connect after a reboot. the integration with kaspersky is a nice touch. it is really handy especially when you have to help out non-technical people. Moreover, I am using in on my hosted and development machines as well as my raspi and unraid storage servers making the back up process almost hands free!!!!

Pros:

Most of all i liked the new ability to send a installation link to someone at get their system directly added to a existing group. Furthermore, the mobile app has all the functionality included so you are not missing out if you are not in-front of a desktop.

Cons:

Does not have a remote control app for mobile.

John R.
Owner in US
Computer Hardware, 2-10 Employees

Best RMM on the Market

5 5 months ago

Comments: Excellent!

Pros:

Hands down, the phone app. We can monitor and control nearly all aspects of our client's environments from the app. Extremely flexible allowing many customizations at the client level or through the use of policies.

Cons:

Notifications for offline systems are sent at five minutes. No PagerDuty integration for offline systems.

Breno G.
Brazil

Take monitoring in your pocket and be advised of any issues

5 3 years ago

Pros:

Very great app and good support! Pulseway really help me to prevent big issues speceally infoming then before happening. And it have a great app that works in iPhone so I can take control of my IT even if i´m out of office.

Cons:

Don´t know yet. Maybe the price? :-) App is fantastic and I don´t know how we work without it before.

Jon E.
Systems Administrator in US
Government Administration, 51-200 Employees

Very powerful software that I probably don’t use anywhere near to capacity

4 3 years ago

Comments: Applying updates on the fly, pushing out PS scripts as needed for certain tasks, and status monitoring are all a nice benefit when you are a one man IT Department.

Pros:

Easy to use and easy to deploy. The Remote Desktop is a great replacement for my existing remote support software. The absolute best feature, in my opinion, is the ability to push out PS scripts to automate routine tasks; targeted to specific machines.

Cons:

If I have to pick one; it is a little expensive for a small agency such as mine. I would also like to see me more PS script templates made available. Mainly because I am a total noob with PS and prefer to learn from others.

Jacob I.
Member of Advisory Board in Denmark
Internet, 2-10 Employees

No bull shit , event based server/node monitorering solution

5 3 years ago

Pros:

Easy to setup low cost dashboard and app Pulseway are accessible , we use that dashboard app to get events to use in our overall dashboard

Cons:

Dashboard app lacks customization options i miss a list of all events instead of the marquee in the buttom. Server events is decentralized configured

Jeremy M.
IT Director in US
Mechanical or Industrial Engineering, 51-200 Employees

Easy NMS 5*

5 4 years ago

Pros:

This product is simple, satisfying, feature rich, and is very robust, easy to deploy and set group polices amazing

Cons:

Don't expect great reports, built in 18 with no customization at this point. Is not build with Linux or Unix in mind.

Deryck B.
Office Manager in US
Information Services, 2-10 Employees

Best product on the market

5 3 years ago

Comments: The customer support with Pulseway is beyond my expectations.

Pros:

Easy to use, great system, Monitoring and patch management is a breeze

Cons:

nothing, everything works as you would expect

Brett D.
IT Technician in US

Great Tool to Have

5 5 months ago

Comments: Very positive. Staff is flexible & personable when it comes to their help.

Pros:

Easy to use & flexible to manage across platforms. Multi-Factor authentication is well implemented.

Cons:

Needs more integration of Anti-Virus in the Dashboard.

Mark K.
National Account Manager in US

Pulseway has been a lifesaver

5 4 years ago

Pros:

With the monitoring and management features giving direct access to terminal and powershell, I've found this to be an invaluable tool. Now with the new Patch Management with scheduling, it's proven to be even more valuable. The remote desktop feature is handy for helping users, although I rarely need to use it. But it works well if needed.

Cons:

I can't think of anything to complain about Pulseway - it has made managing my systems so much easier.

Mike A.
Mike A.
US

A dependable way to monitor my servers.

5 4 years ago

Pros:

Well written and affordable. I usually know the server is down before my Clients contact me. Peace of mind knowing all systems go.

Jack T.
Administrator in Canada
Computer Networking, 51-200 Employees

Good program for most techs

5 3 years ago

Comments: It was nice to be able to remote in to any of the systems when there was an issue, and the alerts, and what options for alerts that could be set, were great.

Pros:

I liked how easy it was overall to navigate around and how it performed. Overall no complaints about the system. The staff were always quick to respond to any questions that I had.

Cons:

Other than the minimum monthly fee, everything was fine. I only say that because when I had one company take over their systems when I left the IT field, they only had about nine computers, and it ended up not being worth it for them to take over the remote work (although they did in the end).

Gedelegeerd bestuurder in Belgium
Transportation/Trucking/Railroad, 51-200 Employees

Must have remote management app

5 5 years ago

Pros:

- nice GUI - complete set of handy functions - stable with not much impact on system performance - steady evolution of the product

Cons:

I sometimes use the remote Terminal functions and this is quite basic. Slow response on commands, no repeat functions for last xx commands (only last), no buttons for frequently used commands/scriptlets. The Close Session command and Repeat Last Command are “hidden” behind the “Share” button, not very intuitive.

Alexander S.
Alexander S.
IT Manager in Australia

Simple to use, Simple to Deploy

4 4 months ago

Pros:

The ease of use is a big sell. Also Linux and older OS support.

Cons:

The Network Monitoring was a little lacking for my companies needs.

Mark R.
Consultant in US
Information Technology & Services, Self Employed

Pulseway simplifies my life.

5 2 years ago

Comments: Pulse easily monitors whether or not our virtual machines are up. We can easily restart system services when needed and resetting or unlocking user AD accounts are our most common uses for Pulseway.

Pros:

There are just those annoying things as a systems administrator that Pulseway makes dead simple. Whether it is resetting someone's AD password or having to restart the internal webserver. If I'm away from my desk or out of the office all I have to do is pull out my phone and I have access to all of it through the Pulseway app. No need to get to a computer or VPN in if I'm remote!

Cons:

Pulseway supported certain functionality in the older versions of SQL Server. However, they are not supporting any newer versions of SQL Server. It is not critical but we were disappointed when we upgraded from SQL Server 2008 R2 to SQL Server 2016 and the connectivity was gone.

Marketing/SMM assistant in Azerbaijan
Education Management, 11-50 Employees

Pulseway is an effective and easy tool for monitoring software.

4 3 years ago

Pros:

Since I use Pulseway, the feature that i mostly like is its easiness. Pulseway provides effective and user friendly monitoring solution specially from the phone app.

Cons:

The only challenge that i face is customer service of Pulseway due to the email replies. Sometimes I am waiting for the reply 2 or 3 days.

Daniel T.