Turn ideas into action! Connect mind maps with task management

Reviewed on 21/09/2019
Dimitri R.
Computer Software, Self Employed
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: It leaves only one question open: How can anybody work efficiently without these two fantastic applications??

Pros: Think about it: For the first time ever, Mindmapping and Task Management are perfectly connected with each other! And both applications are uniting simplicity and efficiency in such a great way that you really want to work with them every day. No matter, whether you do brainstorming in a meeting, or need to sort your thoughts for to launch a new product, starting a new marketing campaign, ordering your competitive data or just simply make notes about a class you are intending, there is only one perfect tool you can easily use for everything: MindMeister.
MindMeister is not only a stoning beautiful and absolutely intuitive application, but it super effective and supporting your efficienc by directly creating tasks and assigning them to individual persons.
In case somebody missed the meeting, or you need to replay how the mindmap got built, simply click on the replay button and it gets constructed again right in front of your eyes.
Generate impressive powerpoint presentations with a click of a mouse button or manually in just seconds.
Collaborate interactive online on the same maps in real-time. Build knowledge bases by connecting mindmaps with each other.
You will never forget anything anymore because you will find any information easily again in one of your mindmaps.
On top of everyhting, MindMeister has a number of templates integrated for the majority of your needs, like SWOT analysis, decision matrix, homework planning, exam preparation, lesson and many more.

Cons: Nothing. MindMeister in combination with MeisterTask is the only right tools you will ever need for an efficient task and project management.

Still the gold standard of mind map software

Reviewed on 10/01/2020
Fraser N.
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: Great piece of kit - helps me layout my plans in simple yet powerful graphical formats

Pros: It is so easy to use and gets great results every time

Cons: The output is limited even on the paid version so I need to pay extra for e.g. PPT output

Mindmeister - Useful for Many Purposes

Reviewed on 21/01/2020
Quai F.
Singer/Songwriter/Storyteller
Entertainment, Self Employed
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: Mindmeister has been really helpful with story and song planning, mapping out the recording process, keeping track of characters, locations, objects, and their relationships. It's been a lovely experience.

Pros: I'm a visual thinker, creator, and planner. As such Mindmeister is extremely useful in realizing visual imagery and information, pretty much effortlessly. It comes with lots of templates to get you started if you find them more convenient. But it's also really easy to get a mind map started from a blank canvass. After you begin building the map, it is easy to apply global styles or to style individual elements. Another great feature is the ability to take a portion of a map and create a new map out of it, optionally leaving a link in the originating map. Highly convenient.

Cons: There aren't many cons. I wish it were easier to capture ideas quickly for working with later using the mobile app. Also on my wish list would be a way to text search for icons.

Beautiful but severe issues

Reviewed on 05/07/2019
Matthias B.
Education Management, 2-10 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: I had to leave this software behind with my whole company after putting many hours in implementation because of 2 major bugs that were not even recognized or understood by the support team. One was a severe issue with privacy changes which is a disaster for sensitive content, the other a problem with their handling of free accounts when people just want to browse your public mindmaps. Very sad, since it is otherwise beautiful and has promising features - but for pro users who need stuff to really work it can be a huge waste of time. Disappointing the total lack of comprehension by the support staff.

Pros: Beautiful Design
amazing search
linking to points in different maps possible (the only one I know who can do that)

Cons: Huge banner to sign up on (paid) public maps that occupies too much space
Sorting and organizing maps quite confusing
severe issue with privacy changes which is a disaster for sensitive content
handling of free accounts when people just want to browse your public mindmaps
impossible to set privacy for several maps (or a folder) at once

Great Educational Tool

Reviewed on 03/02/2020
Ellen M.
Professor
E-Learning, 201-500 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: I often colloborate with university colleagues to write grants. We have used the program to model teaching and learning frameworks and to delegate project tasks. It is easy to use and the export features allow us to incorporate graphics into proposals.

Pros: What I love most about Mindmeister is the ability to collaborate with others on maps. I use it with colleagues to model, plan, and brainstorm. I also use it with my college students, who are pre-service teachers. When I assign a collaborative brainstorming activity, I can view the timeline to see when students contributed to the map. (This feature also allows you to revert to an earlier version of the map.) There are a multitude of educational uses of Mindmeister -- lesson planning, summarizing ideas, examining cause and effect, analyzing literature, detailing the steps in a process, and vocabulary study -- to name a few! Mindmeister has become an essential tool for teaching and learning.

Cons: My students sometimes have problems retireving maps - especially if they have started a map and only worked on it for a few minutes.

MindMeister is Awesome

Reviewed on 20/01/2020
Airlines/Aviation, 2-10 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Pros: Its really easy to use.. very intuivtive, and it has integrations with anything you want. it has been a ride in the park since we as a team started using this software in conjunction with MeisterTask.
everything we plan, gets disaggregated into steps for everyone in the team.. even when things are not getting done as expected, its easy to pinpoint the problems, or hav the rest of the team either doing something else while the delay gets solved, or puting time to help it get done. honestly.. i dont think i will ever do anything else without first puting it down on a Mind map like this. IT IS AWESOME

Cons: i dont know if it woud be fair to say there's something i dont like about mindmeister... there is nothing that i dislike so far.

Great and cheap ;)

Reviewed on 22/01/2020
Angelo A.
Journalist
Religious Institutions, 2-10 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: Awesome! I've been using MindMeister for a long time and I can say that I have a life of study there. It is incredible how I can remember something I read two years ago really fast.

Pros: The facility in building mind maps that are beautiful and organized the way you want would be enough for me. But the tool for researching words on the maps are FANTASTIC. I can research a word through all maps or in an especific one. This really allows me to be faster at my work.

Cons: Although the price is affordable, I think the difference between annual and mothly plans should be more representative. I'd like to have an annual plan but, living in Brazil where dollar goes up and down, I can't know when it will really worth it.

Great for small business

Reviewed on 03/12/2019
Rob M.
Laboratory Director
Chemicals, 2-10 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: I use this to be able to create very nonlinear "big picture" summaries, and then I create other functional maps and tasks when its time to drill down into the details. I like how its very nonlinear and very fluid. Its easy to move things around and edit them. I first used MindMeister back in 2007. Its still a great product.

Pros: I like mind mapping and I like the design, form and feel to MindMeister. Its great that it now has task list functionality as well. Its fast and easy.

Cons: It could use a Gantt chart, as that's the only thing other people in my company need/want.

Awesome tool

Reviewed on 15/01/2020
Raghunandan J.
Ceo
Airlines/Aviation, 51-200 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: It's been a great tool
I own licence for xmind as well as mindmiester
Xmind is more powerful
But the abilities ond an online mind mapping tool are much better for xolloboration

Pros: The ease of use
Brainstorming
Presentation

Cons: Rigidity ... It doesn't allow branches to be a different place unaligned

Helps me be creative

Reviewed on 14/01/2020
Janet S.
business owner
E-Learning, Self Employed
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: I design my own courses, and I use Mindmeister to help me outline and think through my course organization. At first I was not sure that it was worth the money. Because it was almost time for renewal, I decided to begin a new project and outline it by hand. WIthin a day I realized that Mindmeister was definitely something that helped a lot. Not only can I move ideas around very easily, but I can also see my projects differently simply due to the ability to color similar ideas with the same color, and connect them to each other. Being able to move a chain of ideas without having to erase and start over was huge too. I realized that Mindmeister had been making a huge difference.

Pros: I like the visual aspect of creating an organized plan.

Cons: I would liked to have an actual list of different short tutorials.

A complete mindmapping solution for all of us who prefer visual organization of information

Reviewed on 01/10/2019
Consultatnt
Education Management, Self Employed
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: As a predominantly visual person I need to see "the whole picture" when designing a new project and I do a lot of mindmapping on almost daily basis. I have the master mindmap with the key projects I am working on that branch out to smaller activities, tasks and deliverables and most of my notes related to the development are within the mindmap. As MindMeister offers a good number of icons to tag the individual branches I could clearly keep track of whole scope of the project and use the same space to add any ideas/notes I might have at the moment. Since you can easily collapse all the branches you are not using at the moment it really gives clarity and at the same time it helps me not to lose track of some processes or smaller deliverables that I could easily overlook in the task manager software I use. It also offers the integration with Meister Task so you can easily turn any branch into a task with deadlines and all. For me personally, the best use of mind maps is for brainstorming and planning stages of a project and I usually start by creating a map myself, adding ideas, processes and deliverables into it, and then sharing it with my colleagues at a meeting, which is usually followed by our joint work on the same map if the idea is chosen for the development. The app itself allows for all these, it has good visual interface, so after finding it and using it for a month I did not search for any other alternatives anymore.

Pros: As I use mind maps a lot I love to be able to have them available everywhere I go and to share them with my colleagues so we can work together on the same mind map. It offers everything mindmapping software should offer and it does it online (or through mobile app) so the only thing I need is the internet connection. The maps look very nice, there is a good number of templates and options (both map structures and design templates) so if you need a good mindmapping software I that is platform independent I could really recommend this one as I tried a couple of others before finding it. When you share the mind map with colleagues things get really great, especially during the ideation and planning stage of a project as everyone can add branches, expand on ideas which really helps make meetings more effective later.

Cons: This app also has the presentation mode that I have not found so useful. I see how it might be great to be able to present your mindmap to others instead of boring them with a slideshow, but I did not use it, so this would be the only thing that I am not really 'digging 100%. In essence, there is nothing bad about the app that I would highlight as it does its core function (mindmapping) really well. Of course, the free version has some limitations in terms of number of maps you can make and the export formats, but even the basic version can be enough for most users' needs.

MindMeister - Easy to use, powerful and flexible Mind Mapping software

Reviewed on 15/01/2019
Colin M.
Consultant
Computer Networking, 2-10 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: If you use Mind Mapping (and you should), Mindmeister is a great tool. Users are productive from day one; additional features to embellish maps can be used after the mapping exercise to create a passable presentation. As it is a SaaS product, easy to have several people contributing to a map. Highly recommended.

Pros: Very easy to use - the tool doesn't get in the way of the process; critical for mind mapping
Reorganise and rearrange maps easily - even create submaps with links back to parent
Good integrations - e.g. Microsoft Teams
Can publish maps to public library, embed on website or share as editable or view only

Cons: Few complaints; resizing images could be easier (tough to grab the corner!); the interface could be prettier, but I'd sooner have functionality than pretty.
Printing large maps on a single sheet or PDF is trickier than it needs to be.
Sharing process could be simpler.

Good software for diagrams and presentations

Reviewed on 19/02/2018
Akina M.
Accountant
2-10 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Pros: The first thing that attracts in this program is the speed of the interface. Well thought out the design side: the final projects are stylish and concise. The application allows you to work with different formats, so it's quite universal.

Cons: Some features of the program are available exclusively in the paid version, which greatly limits the work. Because there is no possibility of selection and copying, it is impossible to make quick changes.

Probably The Best Online Mind Mapping Software For The Price

Reviewed on 31/12/2018
Jorden B.
Health, Wellness & Fitness, Self Employed
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: I have used MindMeister for both person and business. I was able to layout various course or programs for clients. I used to layout business processes. There are so many things you could use this for. I have over 100 different mindmaps! It's also great for just braindumping ideas or brainstoming with other people using the collaborate feature.

Pros: Mindmeister is very easy and intuitive to use. You have the ability to use various types of mapping layout including free form. I love that I can create presentaions and even export my mind maps into various forms

Cons: I don't really have anything negative to say. Using the desktop is much easier than the mobile version but it still works well.

Mind Mapping with Ease

Reviewed on 08/01/2020
Avril J.
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: Very happy and easy to share whil collaborating.

Pros: This tool is very intuitive and user friendly. Even if you get stumped its fairly easy to look at pictures of an icon and figure out what it does.
I also like the integrations so you can attach files, documents etc. to support an idea

Cons: The only aspect I was disappointed is in a less that 17" screne you may not be able to visualize an entire mindmap.

Favorite mind mapping software

Reviewed on 24/10/2019
Edward P.
E-Learning, Self Employed
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: I have many projects that need to be visualized in order to keep track of them, and brainstorming really helps unload my ideas so I don't have to hang onto them in mind all the time. I know this is true of any planner book or software, but MindMeister makes it easy, quick and colorful to handle.

Pros: I like how easy and colorful it is, intuitive to type in ideas, connect them, move them around, and easy to create tasks out of them, and link them into MeisterTask. I don't like software that claims too much of my time before producing results, and this is usable right away. Also, it's easy to look at, good design and colors. There are others I've tried which are very capable but hard to spend time with.

Cons: Can't think of something I don't like. I know the limitations of using a computer for brainstorming. It won't do my work or my thinking for me!

Easiest Mindmap-Tool I've come across

Reviewed on 25/08/2019
Sven H.
Freelance Translator
Translation & Localization, Self Employed
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: There might be features I'm not aware of it that I am not using. That just doesn't matter to me because I wanted an intuitive, easy to use Mindmap-Tool and that is exactly what Mindmeister delivers. If you need a mindmap to organize a new project, this might just be for you.

Pros: Cross-platform functionality. I like it on Windows but was surprised to realize that it's even more intuitive on Android.
The referral program for free users is standard to great. But the affiliate program for Business users is one of the best and fairest programs I've come across to date.

Cons: I think 3 free mindmaps is cutting it a little close. 5 would probably get more people to give it a try.

Simply and nothing superfluous

Reviewed on 31/01/2018
Maria D.
Senior Support Manager
2-10 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Pros: Endless tree and flexibility, ease of construction, links to other diagrams, the ability to include in the diagrams video, sound, graphics. Rich features on the free account. Integration with MeisterTask. You can set a language other than English.

Cons: For the time of using the application (about a year), there have not been any shortcomings yet. Everything works perfectly.

Great tool for new Ideas road mapping

Reviewed on 22/07/2019
Ron elius S.
Freelance B2B Copywriter for the Food & Beverage Companies
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: Outstanding.

Pros: Collaboration is an essential part of our Organization and to make sure our Ideas is properly well mapped, Mindmeister is there to help us. Gone are the ugly drawings on the whiteboard that draws unfocused and divided attention of people, now is the time where beautiful and easy mind mapping tool that draws inspiration and sparks collaborative work towards accomplishing the Organization’s goal. Design is always on-point and it communicates clearly what needs to be done strategically.

Cons: Of course, not all tool is perfect, it has all its own cons but as far as I can tell from my experience, I’m a satisfied user of this tool.

Visual Mapping Made Easy

Reviewed on 14/01/2020
Claire D.
Pro Blogger
Arts & Crafts, 2-10 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: I've used mind meister for the past couple of years to map out launches, challenges, email sequences and course contents. I'm able to attach documents, lists, images, videos etc. I absolutely love MindMeister and the app.

Pros: Easy to use
Wide range of structures to create
Wide range of templates available
lots of features for each little bubble (Task)
Colour coding
Icons/Emojis
Can export maps (back up)
Kept me on task for a launch - I would have used a wall and post-its before but this method is so much
easier, portable and sharable
Paid option is great if using on a daily basis and with a team

Cons: The limit of 3 maps on the free version but I do completely understand it

Over 4 years of use

Reviewed on 23/01/2020
Writer
Writing & Editing, Self Employed
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Pros: The versatility and creativity and style options are what keep me coming back. I can outline books, storylines, blog posts, brainstorm content, prepare character outlines. It's truly enjoyable to use the program.

Cons: I dislike that I do not have other format choices for exporting on the basic plan. I would like the option to export a mind map in 1 format of my choosing versus being restricted to the format type.

Great Project planning tool. We want to buy it for every one in the company.

Reviewed on 12/12/2019
Charles N.
Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing, 13-50 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: I invented this idea while pitching a description of flows for a computer project. Lockheed Martin Unisys back in 1994. One of my stockholders, a Wharton Professor, to me to forget it because very few people could understand such graphs. He was wrong. I started making Mind graphs like yours by gerrymandering MS Project but it is not the way to go.

Pros: Everything, especially the suggested links.

Cons: Price...right as of now., We will be buying it.

No More Chaos

Reviewed on 27/01/2020
Alka S.
Program Manager
Banking, 10,001+ Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: Project and Program Management

Pros: this help me stay organized and eliminates panic, since I can see on ONE PAGE all of the key tasks for my team, NEATLY ORGANIZED by Topic, Resource or subject area

Cons: Having to reformat all child tasks under each group. Would like to have a default task template set up or child tasks should inherit template same as the parent

Easyt o use

Reviewed on 27/01/2020
Jester D.
Data Tech 3
Information Technology & Services, 10,001+ Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: I have been able to fully see the process of certain installations from every team involved, not simply my own. This grants not only myself, but all the other teams involved, a much greater view for an overall perspective that other sites may not have.

Pros: Very easy to get started, easy to select selections for various types of connections, symbols, shapes, lines, etc. I truly enjoy the ability to simply tab and add another step, then modify it further with the provided tools. Upgrading to Personal was a great choice as I am able to export this map to an image or PDF, making it even easier to share the work.

Cons: I have not found mu8ch in the way of Cons at this time, but will come back and modify my review should one pop up.

Very useful software for brainstorming and organizing ideas.

Reviewed on 17/07/2019
Pedro yago A.
Psychologist
Human Resources, Self Employed
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Pros: It is very easy to use and create tons of projects from scratch. You can brainstorm multiple topics in a single page and then connect them in a more logic way by demand.

Cons: Even though you can share a project with multiple people, you can't edit the same project at the same time, or the software only recorganize one of the editings.