Filter by:

• Overall

About Rain POS

This all-in-one retail POS brings point-of-sale, eCommerce, and marketing tools together into one system.

Learn more about Rain POS

Claudia S.
Owner in Canada

Love Rain POS

5 4 months ago

Comments: They have been fantastic. From set up until current use, they have always been available to help, and have great resources built into their software to help out with simpler things.

Pros:

Rain POS has allowed us to integrate our eCommerce and in store retail in a way that no other company has been able to do. It has been so easy to learn how to use it, and it is very in depth. It is easy for me to change things on the website, and if there is something I can't do, their customer service team is always quick to help.

Cons:

Some features need to be changed buy the software team, I can't change them myself.

Ande L.
Retail, 11-50 Employees

Our thoughts

4 2 years ago

Comments: All sales were handwritten, on invoices and then transcribed to a database/ excel sheet for closing out a month; this has made this so streamlined.

Pros:

The program is quite intuitive thus making it relatively easy to use. I like the fact that it is cloud based so we can add another register as needed during very busy times. Also the integration between the website and the POS is great for product inventory. General ease of taking physical inventory.

Cons:

There are a number of small glitches - ways to accomplish tasks that are not thought all the way through. I get a listing of UPCs from a vendor with my new order of earrings, many are duplicates that we have had. We upload the entire list, the system is not able to recognize duplicates and combine them just keeps adding the new number making physical inventory a nightmare. Customer name search is an "includes" function instead of a "starts with" so an Andy pulls up Sandy, Candy & every Anderson, i no particular order.

Miles S.
manager in US
Retail, 2-10 Employees

The future of how small businesses survive

5 4 years ago

Comments: Using this system allows you to provide a customer experience on par with, or even better than, what is expected from a successful business in the 21st.

Pros:

Feature laden! and they are still developing more music store specific features! One customer data base, one inventory database. Integrated POS system, integrated Wed Store, integrated repairs system. Then add on: integrated short term rentals, rent to own with auto pay, layaway, email marketing abilities, gift card ability, coupon ability, push products to Reverb ability, create and save quotes under a customer name, track store account balances and apply to transactions, purchasing lists by vendor populated with qty triggered items and with and easy receiving and item costs updating. Outstandingly responsive customer service!

Cons:

Still waiting on the private lesson feature =( But it is in development and it sounds like it will be finished Spring of 2018. Would be great to see invoicing against a quote so I could do school business with schools requiring a PO number on an invoice for payment.

Carolyn I.
President in US
Education Management, 11-50 Employees

very good company to work with

5 12 months ago

Comments: I love this company. I've been with them from their initial start in our field of music schools, and they have developed very quickly. They still have a feel of a small company, and I feel like if I need an aspect or tool developed, I have a pretty good chance of being heard and considered.

Pros:

The comprehensive nature of having a website, an online store, a point of sale terminal, rental/rent to own terminal makes this a great foundational tool to work with.

Cons:

I love the software, but calling customer support, I often get people who don't seem to enjoy helping me. I've had at least 2-3 calls to different technicians ag in a row where I just felt bad for even calling.

Tim J.
Retail, 2-10 Employees

It works, but is not optimal for a Pet food store

4 7 months ago

Comments: No business problems are being solved. it is creating more than it is solving

Pros:

ease of access. I like being able to use the software anywhere.

Cons:

the reporting features are not very helpful. also the bugs and anomalies that we experience on a weekly basis are annoying.

Nate C.

Make the switch to Rain!

5 last year

Comments: I also love being able to track repairs, replacing our previous hand written system. Priceless.

Pros:

Having out POS integrated with our website and Reverb is key for us, especially during recent times of shut down.

Cons:

At times the system has quirks that are an annoyance to the user and is a low priority fix for developers.

Ingrid L.

I love Rain

5 last year

Pros:

Rain POS has helped me run my business in many ways. Reports are very easy to understand and useful for book keeping and planning. Most of all I love the help Rain offers. They have always been there for me and are so nice, especially when trying to set up my website. I am not a computer genius and don't have to be because I use Rain. In recent events we had to start selling products through our web site. Rain was able to teach me over the phone how to set all of it up, I couldn't be more grateful.

Cons:

Most of the time the things that I felt could be improved have been through updates like phone numbers showing on receipts. It shows that they do listen when we ask for improvements.

Noel S.
co-owner in US

Noel Saucedo Co-owner

5 last year

Comments: I have been a believer ever since i saw them at the Namm show.

Pros:

The ease of this software is very important. Being a small business i really don't have an I.T department so you guessed it we all become the I.T department in our office. The templates are easy to fill out and get your online presence ready for your clients.

Cons:

The con is not a Rain problem it's not having the time on our side to complete at this moment.

Kathi M.
Owner in US

Great POS platform - even for beginners! Not intimidating.

5 3 years ago

Comments: Inventory reporting, mainly. I just began using the Marketing module and so far, it seems like it will be a real winner and time saver for me!

Pros:

I like the data capture feature and the real time aspect of the online merging with the B&M shop. Knowing that what my customer is seeing online is what is actually available is fabulous.

Cons:

The sad lack of report query options, particularly in regards to my inventory. I can put notes in if I make an adjustment but can't ever see those notes again. That's a feature I've been asking for for years.

Lori W.
General Manager/Owner in US

Review of Rain POS for Quilt Shops

4 8 months ago

Comments: Overall, I've been very happy with my experience and their software. Customer service has always been helpful if I had a question or issue. The software has integrated well with my QuickBooks software so that's been helpful as I'm learning QB. The efficiency I've gained by using this software versus going other routes has completely justified the value for me and my business.

Pros:

Once you learn the system and features, it's pretty easy and intuitive. I like how integrated everything is - purchasing, receiving inventory, online and in-store transactions. Adding new products through almost any of my vendors is fast and easy.

Cons:

The software is under constant development which is good, but also challenging. I like that they are continually working to improve the product, but it can be time consuming to keep up with constant changes.

Susan H.
owner in US

review

4 2 years ago

Comments: I no longer complete paper tickets for customer purchases and then need to summarize for taxes.
At the end of a vending sale day, I know how we did with the push of a button.

Pros:

end of day Reports and access to information about my inventory

Cons:

lack of reports that can help with inventory report submissions to the state

Rebecca M.
Arts & Crafts, 2-10 Employees

Review

4 8 months ago

Comments: Good

Pros:

In store and online use. If someone buys something in store it is automatically removed from the website.

Cons:

Unable to add shipping charges to individual items that are bulky

Charlen H.
Retail, Self Employed

Happy to have purchased RAIN for my business.

5 5 months ago

Comments: Customer service is great! Everyone very helpful.

Pros:

I really appreciate how much easier it is to reorder inventory and love the automated emails RAIN sends to my customers.

Cons:

Don't like the credit card processing rate.

Katherine R.
Retail, Self Employed

Really appreciate the power of this system

5 2 months ago New

Comments: I’m very happy overall and customer service/support are very good - the tech folks are knowledgeable, patient and kind.

Pros:

Ease of use, robust capability, knowledgeable tech support

Cons:

Requests for change in features - less responsive

Sharlene J.
owner in Canada
Consumer Goods, 2-10 Employees

Point of Sale

3 11 months ago

Comments: Still waiting for someone to contact me to get BCM location set up

Pros:

It is widely used in industry so should cover off the needs of a fabric store

Cons:

It isn't easy to use and not functional or easy to navigate for green users

Maria F.

Rain POS

5 last month New

Comments: I have not use the POS thus far

Pros:

POS has not been used thus far. I am not sure if the POS is a good fit for my business as most sales are done using the website or cash basis.

Cons:

POS has never been used by my business due to computer based sales thus far.

Bill B.
US
Used the Software for: Not provided

They promised me a rental solution at a discount since it wasn't done and i fell for it

1 5 years ago

Comments: Dont touch these guys with a 1,000,000 ft pole. You might catch a money eating bug in my wallet. I closed my store making some money then wake up the following day to a bill for a system that didn't do except send me a bill for a service that wasn't completed and still isn't to this day. Don't fall for their sales pitch of the next great thing. Better to use Quickbooks than these guys.

Pros:

Salesguys sound genuine but aren't

Travis T.
Music, 2-10 Employees

Excellent for Music Stores!

5 11 months ago

Comments: Overall we have been extremely pleased with our choice to switch to Rain in 2018 for our point of sale and website. The product is incredibly user friendly, can be used on any device (not tied to a license on one desktop machine like other systems) and support is great. One area other shops have asked us about is QuickBooks exports. We don't use that much, but other stores seem to be very reliant on those exports, which they say are lacking in Rain. Again, not a direct complaint from me, but one that I hear about on industry forums & from direct messages. We were a somewhat early adapter of Rain in our industry and are relatively connected in our industry & repair organization, so we seem to field a lot of inquiries about the program. We have recommended the product to quite a few other shops and want to make sure that it fits their accounting needs as well.

Pros:

We've had a great experience thus far using the Rain point of sale program. The initial training was extremely in depth and helped us grasp all of the features before implementation. We love the product integration with Reverb.com and the fact that our inventory remains cohesive across online and in-store platforms. Online & phone support is quick & helpful. Rain has also been very helpful designing and updating our website, which is tied into the point of sale. They are constantly improving, updating and listening to customer suggestions to make their product even better.

Cons:

One feature that is extremely helpful in our industry (music store) but missing from Rain, is a Maintenance Agreement/Service Contract module. We were disappointed it was not available when we switched to Rain, since we used that feature daily with AIMsi. We have found some halfway workarounds in Rain, but would like a more robust integrated module. Ideal features would be: MA identifier on serialized instruments in Work Orders module, ability to auto-send renewal emails to customers when their annual MA is expiring, MA batch operations for large inventories of instruments (many of the schools we service have 200-400 instruments that we maintain on MA's annually).

Roger N.
President in US

Switched to Rain from Lightspeed

5 2 years ago

Comments: Overall pleased with RAIN and glad we made the switch. A bit more thought into easier workflow within the Register, Special Order and LayAway screens and it will be a force to reckon with. I was hoping for an easier eCom experience, but that is not what I received. Much like other POS Systems that offer an integrated eCom Site...building out the site and making it look the way we want doesn't follow the basic HTML buildout process. As a web developer for over 20 years...I find the eCom platform to be VERY challenging to use and often times VERY discouraging. I can see they worked hard to have the functionality be similar to other CMS Website Platforms (Wix, WordPress, etc), but it's too confusing to navigate effectively taking up valuable time.

Pros:

Integrated Marketing Automatic "pushing" of items to our Reverb.com Account Lightweight on system resources on our iMac's

Cons:

Special Order Workflow is clunky and needs to be simplified. We've resorted to using the "Quote" option to better manage Special Orders and ring in total sales under a "Gift Card" first. That way when working with multiple vendors on a special order, we have easier use of customer funds when "finalizing" the deal. Register is Average and would prefer ability to see cost of products on screen. In Register - when scanning duplicate items they get entered as "new" line item versus adding to the SKU already input. Can't us an IR Gun on an iPad when scanning incoming inventory or during inventory counts. Layaway Screen has some great features, but workflow is a bit convoluted. Website build out is horribly confusing and NOTHING follows traditional HTML processes. This was the same problem with Lightspeed's eCom platform - hard to work with and no sense of workflow.

Kim S.
Owner in Canada
Retail, 2-10 Employees

Rain Point if Sale has taken our small business to the next level!

5 11 months ago

Comments: Rain Point of Sale has allowed us to expand our online sales exponentially, and allowed our inventory to be accurate and dependable. It is a huge reason why our business has flourished in the last two years!

Pros:

I am super happy with how my point of sale is integrated with my online sales and inventory. The product is easy for staff to understand and navigate, and errors can be corrected when necessary. The ability to access the software remotely is a huge plus, I can keep track from anywhere, or assist staff with sales or inventory when I am not in the building. The reports are easy to access, and accurate for accounting purposes, and provide us with the tools we need for planning for the future. The customer service is amazing, and I have always been able to solve any problems I’ve had with one phone call!

Cons:

We are Canadian site, and the cashing in procedure does not allow us to use our coins, and therefore we don’t use the cash in/cash out component. That is my only complaint!

Kim S.

User Friendly

5 3 months ago

Pros:

Customer support. Software is easy to understand after basic lessons.

Cons:

Something that seems would be an easy fix, never gets fixed. Example: Having the capability of being able to put "coming soon" or "pre-order now" on items that can go into our POS system, but because of containers stuck in the LA harbor, we just don't have items. We don't want our customers to think we can never get these items in (especially high ticket items like machines - they will go shop someplace else)

Sharon P.
Business Owner in US

Control your Business

5 2 months ago New

Comments: We have found using the employee time clock to be most useful.

Pros:

Knowing what your inventory is. To be competitive in today’s world, on line sales are a must.

Cons:

Integration was time consuming as we had a large inventory to start. The more we learn about the software the happier we are.

Steven C.
Vice President in US
Arts & Crafts, 2-10 Employees

Great POS

5 3 years ago

Comments: We have been with Rain POS from the beginning and the improvements have been great. Customer service is very good. Very pleased overall.

Pros:

Very easy to use and get employees up to speed quickly. Lots of features to improve sales and inventory control.

Cons:

All the features can be a bit overwhelming at first but if you start with the basics, its easy to add additional features as you go along.

Chris D.
Sales Manager in US

A lifesaver during COVID-19

4 7 months ago

Comments: Relatively easy to implement and the support staff helped with all the snags along the way.

Pros:

Rain and the integration with Reverb was the number one factor in our ability to stay in business in 2020 and going forward.

Cons:

Some updates can be slow to roll out and these can be on critical issues.

Daniel E.
Owner/Manager in US
Music, 11-50 Employees

Great at some things, not great at other things

3 12 months ago

Comments: Generally okay. first line support staff is very helpful and relatively easy to reach. Sales staff makes lots of lofty promises that are slow to be fulfilled. Developers are jerks.

Pros:

integrated POS and e-commerce website. web based makes it functional on any computer type. RTO module is nice.

Cons:

Special Orders/Purchase Orders/Receiving Orders is grossly deficient. Reporting is not great. Prominent bugs in website text in regard to special characters. Lacks flexibility in some of the website design options. No rotation option for product photos. Label printing is terrible. No dimension option for shipping calculations.