15 years helping Australian businesses

Australia Local product

Ignition Reviews

4.7 (135) Write a Review! Australia Local product

About Ignition

Reclaim time, profitability and cash flow with Ignition by automating proposals, billing, payment collection and workflows.

Learn more about Ignition

Pros:

The professionalism of final product. Ability to integrate testimonial videos.

Cons:

It can be a bit tricky to navigate between invoices.

Ignition ratings

4.6
4.8
4.5
4.5

9.0/10

Ignition has an overall rating of 4.7 out 5 stars based on 135 user reviews on Capterra.

Have you used Ignition before?

Beth
Beth
Administrator in US
Accounting, 11–50 Employees

Best Proposal Software Available!

Comments: It has been so easy to work with Practice Ignition, and anytime I can't figure out how to do something, our account manager [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] has been really quick to help me! He even created a workflow map for our process which showed us what we needed to work on/could automate to help our business even more!

Pros:

We initially switched to Practice Ignition because it had the ability to collect payments when clients signed proposals plus it could do the reoccurring billing for us at the same time instead of us having to set it all up in QB. Clients can update their own payment settings, an the proposal process is really easy. Recently, they made changes which allow us to present multiple options within one proposal, as well as do variable billing and it has made things even better! Their support and webinars are incredibly helpful and we are so glad we switched to them! They really understand what we need for proposals and the bulk creation through support will definitely be helpful when tax season comes!

Cons:

The thing we liked the least was we couldn't send options within the same proposal like we did in our old proposal software, but that's changed now! I think the only other issue we really still have is the ability to collect international payments

Naomi
Bookkeeper in Australia
Accounting, Self Employed

Ignition - an important tool in my proposals and ongoing invoicing

Comments: It has been a gamechanger as far as preparing proposals and getting paid on time. I used to use a similar but cheaper product and it took a lot longer to prepare proposals and still meant I had to invoice customers directly. Ignition has absolutely made my life easier.

Pros:

I love that I can send a proposal quickly and then my clients are invoiced and pay when invoices are due. it has reduced my chasing people to pay invoices and having to remember to send them which was always my issue.

Cons:

If there was a way to get digital signatures that weren't part of the 'proposal' system that would be amazing. Also if there was a bit more personalisation of reporting so you could opt in to be notified when proposals were coming up for renewal etc

Ian
Founder in US

This app replaced 3!

5.0 2 months ago New

Comments: Ignition has been great for selling to clients, getting paid, and managing my sales funnel.

Pros:

When I switched to Ignition I was able to replace about three other pieces of software that used. From quotes to contracts to payment and more. Ignition is a great way to present your services, an easy way to get paid, and an efficient way to management your income.

Cons:

The switch from the old or original proposals to the new ones was a bit rocky, I wish this could have been done more on the back end with less complications for us users.

Andria
Andria
QuickBooks Trust ProAdvisor & Systems Engineer in Mexico

Everything you need except that one FATAL FLAW

Comments: I have tested 100's or Accounting Practise Management Quoting & Re-Occurring Billing systems in my many years as a QuickBooks ProAdvisor and found that of all of them, right now (August 2021), Practise Ignition has the most features you need as an Accountant to run a fully remote and automated firm. HOWEVER, that said, even with all these amazing features that are all in this one software (many are in others, but this one has the most), there is still one FATAL FLAW that (to date) they have not resolved. I do hope they resolve this soon because it is truly disappointing to not have this very basic feature in such a powerful system that has so many other incredible features to offer. No Refunds. That's gotta get fixed if this software is to be used in the Accounting Industry. There are workarounds for this, so for many people and companies, this may not be a deal-breaker for them. It's just that, this is not a cheap software so if you don't have the ability to REFUND your clients instantly when needed, that can really hurt client relationships. I hope that the Refund feature is resolved soon. Then this will be the best proposal and re-occurring payment processing system out there for our industry.

Pros:

The best features include: -Ability to have your lead enter their own Credit Card or Bank Account information so it stays secure when they go to accept the proposal -Re-Occurring Monthly Payments with the ability to set a custom reoccurring date -Ability to add an On Acceptance and On Completion payment as custom dates along WITH a Monthly Re-occuring payment on one proposal -Full Integration with QuickBooks Online (creates customer, invoice, and payment transactions related to all accepted proposal sales so bookkeeping is done automatically for you each time) -When a clients credit card fails, Practise Ignition will email your client to notify them of the credit card failure and your client is given the opportunity and ability to update their payment information on file themselves, putting this risk back on the client and saving you and your practice from having to do any manual entry or additional accounting gymnastics -Ability to add videos to your Proposal and previously created brochures to add beauty & interactive content to your proposals. -Multiple Templates for Services, Proposals, Engagement Agreements etc. -Integration with Karbon for task creation based on items in the proposal

Cons:

FATAL FLAW: NO REFUNDS & MONEY TAKES TOO LONG TO HIT BANK ACCOUNT (4 to 6 days) You can not give your client a Refund in Practise Ignition. That's right, NO REFUNDS. SO if you charge your client the wrong amount by mistake, or need to un-do an amount after they have canceled service, you can't push a button anywhere in this software to give your client a refund. You have to contact PI and ASK them if they will CONSIDER giving a refund to your client IF it is LESS than $2,000. If they approve, then they will process the refund about a week later. This is too slow, in my option. The workaround? They tell you that you should send a check, or use your bank or an outside system to send your client the refund. Which is MORE accounting work (the exact accounting work buying this software was supposed to solve), and since your client entered their own payment info, you don't have it to instantly give them $ back, so now there's more back and forth Correspondance and time-consuming effort needed that only takes seconds in all other comparable software out there. If the workaround is to use a different payment processor solution then one has to ask, "Why am I even using this one?". Now, if you have never given a refund in your life and you think it's so rare that this will happen that dealing with another merchant processor is worth for these one-off occasions, then by all means choose this software because it excels in more places than the competition. Just be warned.

Rita
Director in Australia

Great Software Tool for Onboarding Clients

Comments: Ignition has made proposal process easy and fee collections as well. Allowing for budgeting and cashflow consistency.

Pros:

The ease of having it all in one place and the ease of onboarding new clients and newing existing.

Cons:

Expensive compared to my other digial software licenses.

Axel
Principal & Registered BAS Agent in Australia

Time Saver, Bill Collector and Helps You Maintain Comliance

Comments: Very happy and can recommend. I run a very small firm, so I originally thought the cost was prohibitive for my expected level of use. But the subscription is well worth it. I have used it more often than expected & for reasons I didn't initially envisage, and the time it has saved is well worth it's cost in relation to my time that has been freed up. Finally, as a small, newish firm, it has introduced a level of professionalism to client facing materials that was lacking with my earlier processes.

Pros:

* Being able to collect client direct debit payment.* Being able to quickly draft a engagement agreement or authority document.* It's quite easy to use with a simple interface, and good customer client. This is excellent & very practical.

Cons:

* They tried to change the pricing model (remove a discount) even though I was originally promised a particular discount in perpetuity. It must be noted though that when I made a point of this, they were understanding and happy to honour the original discount promise.* Some features were still lacking, e.g. the ability to change pricing without have to re-do the whole process. But again, it should be noted, I think this has been updated and now rolled out (although I haven't used it yet).

Ignition Response

last year

Thanks Axel for your kind review. You do now have the ability to edit active services in the proposal editor and send notification to your clients. You can get info on that, and all of Ignition's latest updates here: https://www.ignitionapp.com/whats-new

Kate
Business App Advisor in New Zealand

PI for App Advisory Services

Comments: The team at PI are really helpful, from our initial conversations with them, to onboarding and set up, right through to our firm-wide roll out. They are quick to response to emails and jump on Zoom calls as and when needed. The software itself is easy to use and the UI is intuitive. Its been a learning curve for us around setting up our service library but the team have been on hand to give direction throughout. We're now starting to look at the added extras like webconnectors, videos and expending our service library to include traditional compliance services too.

Pros:

This software has helped streamline our service offerings for app advisory service, helped our outline exactly what is involved or included in the scope, and more importantly what isn't. We've had great feedback from our customers when receiving proposals, and we can now create and send proposal in minutes whereas it used to take an hour or more to draft emails explaining it all. The speed of response from clients is amazing, and the turnaround from offering a service to acceptance and deployment of a job is a game changer for us.

Cons:

There has been some internal resistance to using the software as accountants like to rely on the old methods of sending out paper forms to get signed off. However, it the app advisory space, we were able to use this to our advantage and get some real traction with the product before starting to roll it out across the more traditional areas of the business.

Brian
Principal in Australia
Accounting, 2–10 Employees

Ignition has changed our future processes

Comments: We've found the Ignition product to be of benefit in that our processes are automated and standardized throughout the organization, which has improved our efficiency and assisted in minimizing staff required for this task.

Pros:

Ignition provides a seamlessly automated platform for billing and proposal generation

Cons:

The initial setup of templates, in our case, was quite specific and involved significant time at the management level

Nyoro
Construction Manager in US
Construction, 1,001–5,000 Employees

Ignition Makes Proposal Management Efficient

Pros:

I like the efficiency of the features of this proposal management software. Ignition is so accurate.

Cons:

I see no difficulties when using Ignition. Ignition is so amazing.

Daniel
Director of Business Development in US
Accounting, 51–200 Employees

Automating billing

Pros:

Automation, multi user, web browser based

Cons:

Ability to customize needs to be more robust

Client Relationship Manager in US

I absolutely love Practice Ignition

Comments: Practice Ignition has made engaging with our clients a seamless process. We deal with a large volume of clients and with how easy and efficient the systems are, we are able to quickly send proposals, collect payment with virtually no administrative burden, and have great reporting around every step of the process. I can not recommend this product enough, it is truly one of my favorite programs that we work with inside of our firm and the the support team is just as great to work with! Thank you so much!!

Pros:

- Fast - Intuitive - Option to collect payment in order to sign - Low amount of admin needed - Amazing support team, fast turn around - Scalable - Open to feedback, they actually listen!!

Cons:

I legitimately do not have a single con that I would give. the only thing even close would be there is not currently a way to display a discount for a service item directly from the standard cost of the service. This is something that I have left feedback on and is already slated to be adjusted in a future update. to my previous point, they actually listen to feedback which is amazing.

Deborah
President in US

We Love PI!

Comments: We love Practice Ignition it has been the platform we have built our business growth on for the past 4 years since implementation. We have grown 10% per year since then; and the fact that everything is streamlined from proposal to billing to collections to accounting in our QB company file has been a game changer. We are spending far less time doing administrative tasks and our accounts receivable has gone from over $80K per month to less than $20K at any given time. I would highly recommend this app to any practice that is looking to grow and sreamline!
Five Stars! We love PI!

Pros:

The ease of use and the interface to the client. Getting paid right away for our services and integrating into our firm's QBO so that we can easily track our clients' billing. The training and support offered are very valuable.

Cons:

We would like to be able to issue refunds to our customers using PI but thus far we are not able to. Also we would like to build in a surcharge for credit card payments but that is not an option.

Tricia
Owner in US

Absolutely love PI

Comments: Practice Ignition has been a game changer for us from the moment I pulled the trigger on it. It revolutionized our process for creating proposals, is an enormous time saver and it creates a process that is standardized and consistently the awesome experience we want our clients to have. We close more engagements and at better fees than ever before. I can't say enough about how it changed my firm and put us on the path to the firm I really want. It was the start of all the progressive ideas we have put into place because it gave me the space and the revenues to recreate my firm. The team at PI can't be beat. I am seriously crushing on all of them.😍🎉👏👍

Pros:

It automates the preparation of proposals, it makes them look professional, it allows us to be paid sooner, the team at practice ignition is absolutely incredible.

Cons:

Billing clients on an alternative schedule then monthly or quarterly was difficult but they have fixed that problem.

Graeme
Chief Legacy Maker in UK
Accounting, 2–10 Employees

Made a massive difference to our firm

Comments: Has been great overall but would like more emphasis on those areas we have been highlighting for some time and for which the remainder of the professional also wants

Pros:

It was extremely easy to initially implement the support has been second to none making the proposal process so much more professional and streamlined.

Cons:

It is difficult for anybody other than the business owner to price as the pricing module is not fit for purpose when it comes to scaling.

Accounting

Fantastic proposal software which streamlines our business development and sales funnel.

Comments: I love this software. We no longer have to deal with sending quotes out, then waiting for a 'yes' then send out an engagement letter and wait for that to be signed and returned (which would mean the customer printing then scanning back to us) all before we start work and then start billing. Now we can send one form online that converts to an engagement letter once signed (electronically) and we're away. It can also be updated an changed around so easily with a full audit trail behind it.

Pros:

The software enriches the perception of our brand and instils a modern and progressive view of our business in the minds of our prospects. Allows us to avoid 'scope-creep' by ensuring that we do not provide more than what we have agreed to without earning more for doing so.

Cons:

The reporting function of this software could be improved. High-level analytics are good but drilling down into some metrics would save time with spreadsheets.

Lawanna
Office Manager in US

Ignition for Beginners

Pros:

As a novice using the Ignition for proposals made productivity and client use easy and efficient. The integration of Xero for invoicing, deposits and generated reports makes daily tasks more efficient. Customer service is the best service for first time users. The staff is always friendly, patient and professional.

Cons:

Currently, my lack of use with the payment feature is my sore spot. However, every time I contact Customer Service the issue is resolved and my understanding is increased.

Gary
Director in UK
Information Technology & Services, 2–10 Employees

Bags of functionality but simple and easy to use

Comments: We needed a system that would allow us to easily send out our contracts and obtain signatures. This system allows us to do this and more.

Pros:

The product is easy to set up with your own products and contracts and the process for creating proposals and contracts is simple and highly configurable. It's a system that is packed full of features and yet it isn't out of reach of the smaller business.

Cons:

None that I can think of. The simple interface makes it a pleasure to use.

Simon
MD in New Zealand
Executive Office, 201–500 Employees

Amazing

Comments: Epic.

Pros:

Scalability. Ease of use. The elegance of the front-end presentation

Cons:

Accounting Focus... we're a digital agency so that bit doesn't have relevance. But negligible.

Paul
CEO in Australia
Accounting, 11–50 Employees

Practice Ignition is key to managing the work we do for our clients.

Comments: Streamlined our proposals for providing package services and integration into Xero

Pros:

It is simple to use and integrates beautifully with Xero Practice Manager which allows us to manage our work from proposal stage to progress billing to completion of the project.

Caleb L.
Caleb L.
Leader of Client Accounting Services in US
Accounting, 2–10 Employees

PI has helped us automate our onboarding & billing

Pros:

We were struggling to keep track of all our proposals, engagement letters, and billing schedules in a Google Sheet prior to using Practice Ignition. After we started using P.I., we saved immense amounts of time by completely automating the engagement letters & billing. It's also incredibly easy to go search and see what we are doing for each client in P.I. now...

Cons:

My biggest suggestion right now for P.I.: Allow me to create my 3 package proposal in a nice one page proposal that I would email to my clients. Once they select one of the proposals, they would just click through to the Engagement Letter and then on to the Payments... This would save the other 2 unaccepted proposals as archived historical packages so that I could go back and review what I had proposed to my client.

Graham
CEO in South Africa
Accounting, 2–10 Employees

Ignition is one of the key programmes in my app stack

Comments: Been amazing from the first call to current use

Pros:

The ease of use and the in-depth onboarding made sure my templates were ready and easy to access. It allows me to send through proposals quickly and track if or how often they have been viewed

Cons:

In South Africa, we don't yet have stripe to its not linked to any other subscription payment method compatible in South Africa

Financial Services, 2–10 Employees

The BEST Payment Processor / Engagement software

Comments: Great and their customer service is excellent.

Pros:

It's saved me a ton of money in two instances where a client tried to back out of paying for work that was already in process or completed. I have an accounting firm with larger clients. I have the software set up to only accept ACH, which gives me more control over refunds / charge backs. I love that it has everything together: the engagement letter, the scope of work and the payment all in one.

Cons:

The user design is just ok. It's not bad but there's a lot of manual data entry in the beginning.

Mitchell
Director in Australia

Kaizen Business Adsvisory Review

Comments: Hands down one of the best subscriptions in the accoutning nindustry

Pros:

Automation into Xero, and automated recurring invoices

Cons:

Time it takes for fgunds to clear into business account

Luke
Partner in UK
Accounting, 51–200 Employees

Practice Ignition

Pros:

Easy to use, reasonably priced, makes accepting payments easy.

Cons:

Don't have any issues with the product - could be more integrations.

Naomi
Owner in US

The best

Comments: Ignition setup and integration were easy and it made my proposal process enjoyable.

Pros:

Ignition has eliminated many steps from my work and created a unique way to interact with potential clients.

Cons:

I'd like to see updating a current contract a little easier. If you have to add a service to a client with an existing contract. The process was a little confusing.