Sage Business Cloud Accounting Reviews

• Overall
    4.1 /5
    3.9 /5
    3.8 /5

About Sage Business Cloud Accounting

Sage | Accounting is a simple yet powerful online accounting solution designed for small business owners.

Learn more about Sage Business Cloud Accounting

Showing 25 reviews of 176

Michelle C.
  • Reviewed on 09/09/2020

"Easy to use"

Comments: I love the fact that the product integrates with other products such as payroll.

Pros: I loved the fact that for the most part everything seemed extremely easy to use. I did run into a few issues, but I found the support staff were extremely helpful. I would like to point ou that I am not an accountant by trade and give my books to a qualified accountant at the end of each year. This product served that purpose entirely.

Cons: The bank statements duplicated on one of the imports, but to be honest Im not sure if I did something wrong.

• Reviewed on 09/09/2020
Wyn D.
Social Media Dept
Construction, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 06/12/2020

"Accounting software with HMRC reporting facilities"

Comments: Great simple and easy to use accounts software. Can incorporate PAYE, CIS payments and it has HMRC reporting built in.

Pros: This software is fairly simple to use and has lots of help available either by phone or online should you get stuck.

Cons: Software has regular updates after which you always have to log back in so don't forget your user ID and password because it can be a pain.

• Reviewed on 06/12/2020
Accountant
  • Reviewed on 11/03/2019

"Just don't"

Comments: I wanted to use Sage business accounting cloud for basic bookkeeping and I couldn't even do this.
My experience was of utter frustration. Not only with the lack of capabilities and difficulty in using the software but even worse, with their billing department. I was charged the wrong amounts every single month. Clients were charged for software that they didn't even use. Some clients were charged for software that I had already paid for. Nobody in accounts could fix it. Not even the directors were able to fix it. What an absolute disaster. I am absolutely at a loss as to how they are still in business.

Pros: The sage logo hinted that it may be similar to their line 50 product. Oh, how wrong I was.
There is quite literally nothing good I can say about this software, their customer support nor their accounts and billing team.,

Cons: It falls way short of functional. It couldn't be further behind the competition if they did nothing.
Essential features like repeating invoices were missing.
You can't pay with or receive into the director's loan account.
You are restricted in the number and type of bank/cash accounts you can have.
Fixing anything is a mammoth task
and even then, it doesn't actually fic the issues.

• Reviewed on 11/03/2019
Vishal R.
  • Reviewed on 29/09/2020

"Can definitely Work with IT!!!!!"

Comments: Ability to meet the objectives of the finance department and make the workflow alot easier in terms of maximizing the efficiency

Pros: The ability to integrate with other Sage solutions was great. We had some other 3rd party solutions which needed to be integrated and the ISV already had integration points available

Cons: The price was a little off but we if you need the solution its worth the extra cost

• Reviewed on 29/09/2020
Michelle S.
Professional Accountant (SA)
  • Reviewed on 07/10/2020

"Sage Business Cloud Accounting"

Comments: Sage Business Cloud Accounting is easy to use, features are easy to access. Reporting for several different ranges of time-table very handy. No installation, no backup...very nice product to use!

Pros: Sage Business Cloud Accounting has all the features one would need from Accounting software. Easy to implement, do the setup, and train new Customers on how to use it. The add-on modules adds value to the software. The Accountant's easy access to assist Clients is a wonderful feature!

Cons: One improvement I would like to see:
When adding a new Item from inside the Invoice screen, the new Item screen should include all features (such as selecting the Purchase account). Currently you have to exit the Invoice, create the new Item, and then continue with your Invoice

• Reviewed on 07/10/2020
Kevin D.
Managing Director
  • Reviewed on 30/01/2018

"Sage One has become am essential part of my business and I would recommend it to anyone"

Pros: Ease of use. I have basic accounting training but, by using the help pages, I have managed to run my business without the expense of accountants. VAT returns are just a press of a button and all information is easily found if needed. The package has grown ( at no extra cost) and the stock control and invoicing side has much improved.

Cons: Sage support is very good if you have to telephone them - HOWEVER it is expensive! Very occasionally the system has crashed (not often) and it can cost you money to find out that it is their error not yours...

Andrew G.
2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 05/02/2018

"Sage has made a big improvement on managing our accounts"

Comments: Improved recording of accounts and better organisation of data.
Ability to generate reports and forecasts.

Pros: As a small business this has helped us to manage our both payroll and accounts. The initial motivator to look at online packages was for auto-enrolment. Having used the accounting package as well it's helped us to organise our accounts better and it is a lot easier to get information and reports from it.
The technical support either via self help, web chat and telephone is excellent. I've made a few mistakes initially and these were easily resolved with support line help.

Cons: This will be common to all packages. I now feel that using this software is making us do some tasks that our accountant used to do. Unfortunately I feel that some of this relies on a bit of an understanding of accountancy principles that I didn't have. I needed the support to help explain this and how to find some options. Once done though it's easy to find again.

• Reviewed on 05/02/2018
Bev L.
Technical Director
Internet, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 30/01/2018

"Straightforward and easy to use, for someone who has no business accounting knowledge."

Comments: Straightforward and easy to use. Was very quick and easy to set-up, get customers on and get invoices sent out.

Pros: Easy to use and understandable. Produces reports that allow you to quickly see the information you need. Easy and quick to create and send invoices out. Like the fact I can access it from anywhere and on any device.

Cons: Frustrating when the server is overloaded or experiencing high-demand and then unable to access Sage One.

Adam K.
Manager of Franchise Support and Operations
Sports, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 07/03/2018

"Overall effective tool for my book keeping"

Comments: I was able to have all my book-keeping done in a central location, with the ability to pull reports quickly, when needed.

Pros: Fairly simple to use . Once I learned how to use it, I was able to use it every day and make it part of my daily routine, to stay on top of my book keeping.

Cons: Longer adaptation phase than I thought. It took me a while to learn how to use Sage and all its features effectively.

• Reviewed on 07/03/2018
Chris S.
MD
Retail, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 18/02/2020

"Expensive"

Comments: Not that impressed. You can’t get any subsequent support unless you pay for it.

Pros: The main go to accounting software and as you’d expect, covers all required accounting aspects.

Cons: The software cost is expensive for what it is and we don’t like the fact that Sage lock you in then annually push up the prices for new functionality that most people never want.

• Reviewed on 18/02/2020
Robert H.
Managing Director
Education Management, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 30/01/2018

"Has given me more time to run my Business."

Pros: Love how the invoicing facility makes my business even more professional. Like the way my accountant can just log on whenever they need to, without having to provide them with lots of books and paperwork.

Cons: Would like to be able to edit/Personalise/tailor the invoices to fully meet my business needs. This however is a small thing.

Matthew T.
  • Reviewed on 07/06/2019

"Abysmal software and customer service experience"

Comments: It appears as though Sage panicked when Xero and other cloud providers appeared in their market and so they rushed out a poor bit of software. They haven't developed it and so it is a long way behind its competitors, with basic functionality missing and a poor user interface. I have also had several problems with basic features (link the bank feed) which they have no idea how to resolve. The customer support experience is also the slowest and most painful experience I have ever come across from a SaaS provider. It is telling that they are slashing their prices at the same time Xero is able to raise theirs!

Pros: The only two good parts of the software are the discounted price and it clearly shows you how long until the end of your VAT period.

Cons: Unreliable
Very little development in the 6 years I have used it
Slow to do basic tasks
The interface isn't user-friendly
There is no way to take a back up your data
The customer service is slow - typical experience is 20+ min wait for live chat, no response to emails and 15+ wait for phone support (on a premium rate number)

• Reviewed on 07/06/2019
Michele L.
Nonprofit Organization Management, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 29/03/2019

"Very easy to use"

Comments: Customer service is great

Pros: Ease of use - lots of video tutorials to help guide any questions

Cons: Some basic functions are not compatible payroll is somewhat cumbersome

• Reviewed on 29/03/2019
Leigh L.
project manager
  • Reviewed on 25/10/2018

"Take that, Quick Books!"

Comments: Learned it quickly, learn it more all the time, never been intimidated, never had it crash, it's really been a breeze.

Pros: Sage is great. It does what I need it to do, doesn't take a class to understand it. It is so user friendly. I think it is some of the most straight forward yet in depth software on the market. You can be computer illiterate and understand Sage in a week and yet it isn't like a dumbed down program. It is universal and I like that.

Cons: I have only one complaint about Sage. Some of the copy and paste functions cannot be used for some reason. It isn't just in one area, it is random. If that is the only bad thing I have to say.....that's better than most.

• Reviewed on 25/10/2018
Deanne W.

"Easy to use"

Pros: Bank reconciliations and import are easy to do. Looking up any information is quick and simple as well.

Cons: Downloading information could be better. In some areas, the results of a search are displayed, but cannot be downloaded. This would be useful as a csv to import to Excel etc.

Joseph L.
Chemicals, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 21/01/2020

"Don't Purchase Sage 50 C US"

Comments: DO NOT purchase this product unless you have hours to spend setting usernames and passwords. Save yourself time and energy, pick another program.

Pros: Reporting and accounting functions are good and easy to understand

Cons: The IT portion of this program is very poor. The software is very difficult to manage and adding users to the program is just about impossible. It is unfortunate that a really good accounting program has such poor IT functionality on the back end. Customer support is very poor. You wait for HOURS on the phone for support and when the technician is stuck, they elevate you to level 2 and you must wait again...for hours.

• Reviewed on 21/01/2020
Gordon T.
director
  • Reviewed on 02/02/2018

"I've had 2 other programmes for my bookwork but this one is by far the best with no contest"

Pros: I like that my accountant can log in to my account and get what ever information she requires.
The ease of use, the way it is all set out is very intuitive.
The help that is available is excellent

Cons: there's nothing really that I dislike about it apart from the cost as I am only a small business but I suppose you get what you pay for and this feels like a very well thought out bit of kit

Victoria D.
Operations Manager
Transportation/Trucking/Railroad, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 23/03/2020

"No email regarding trial ending and unable to run reports"

Comments: Very poor, would not recommend this software to anyone.

Pros: Did not like anything, very difficult to use

Cons: Was very difficult to maneuver the software. Way too many steps to print a check and the checks were not complete. Needed to run reports to switch to a different accounting software and had to go in one by one to and then the next day they requested us to pay, never received a notification of when the trial was close to ending. When requested through the chat to be able to signin in a read only format, was told YOU CAN PAY FOR A MONTH AND THEN CANCEL by Anquinetta. Excuse me, in these trying/difficult times of the economy of what is going on, why should I have to pay for something that all I need is a detailed report. Then I asked can you send me the report, the answer was YOU CAN PAY FOR A MONTH AND THEN CANCEL. I requested to speak with a manager and was told no, that the chat had already spoken with them and I would get the same answer. I then requested a supervisor/manager to call me and was told they would call me back tomorrow that it was late. Seriously, you were just speaking with the manager. Not professional at all

• Reviewed on 23/03/2020
Commercial Property Broker
Real Estate, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 28/04/2019

"Business Cloud Account from Sage gives you all your business information at your finger tips"

Pros: This cloud accounting solution has helped our clients very much with checking their financial information .
The system is user friendly and at any given time from anywhere as long as there is an internet connection one can check all their financial information.

Cons: Sometimes there are problems with clients getting invoices but this is less often.

• Reviewed on 28/04/2019
Danielle T.
Manager and owner
Civic & Social Organization, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 02/02/2018

"Easy to learn, hard to find some details for end of year accounts. It also crashes on paydays"

Comments: PAYE is done accurately and pension contribution is worked out easily for you.

Pros: Easy enough to learn how to use and makes payroll stress free and easy to deal with. It works out pension contribution and PAYE is done automatically as it's linked to HMRC databese. Better than doing it manually.

Cons: It crashed on paydays which left me feel nervous. It worked after 5.20pm last month which meant staff didn't get paid until the first of next month which isn't good for my accounting system.
It takes a long time to figure out how to print payroll summary for your end of year accounts and HELP section is not good at all.
It could be made much easier to navigate.

G A.
  • Reviewed on 14/05/2015

"Sage makes great accounting software"

Comments: Sage software has grown from Peachtree to a more complete accounting system. Unlike the leading Quickbooks program, Sage is a real double entry accounting system. Sage One is limited and you have to do some work arounds that the full product does not have, but for the cost, it is great. The Full packages are preferrable.
I have had extensive experience installing accounting software for clients over many years, so I know something about what works. I have also taught accounting at the university level. Sage gets my recommendation.

• Reviewed on 14/05/2015
Mike C.
  • Reviewed on 02/02/2018

"It does the job but a number of processes seem rather laborious"

Pros: It is easy to learn to use it at the basic level.

Cons: In terms of value, it competes unfavorably with Quickbooks and Xero and lacks functionality eg being able to amend entries and journals.
Overall it not at the cutting edge

Arjun P.
App development
Wholesale, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 31/12/2018

"Good"

Pros: The best software design, easy to use for everyone

Cons: No cons to say, I will say there is no problem in this software

• Reviewed on 31/12/2018
Spyros S.
Accountant
  • Reviewed on 20/04/2018

"Terrible"

Comments: Extremely terrible costumer support and extremely hard to get a dedicated manager who can guide you and gives you clearly to understand about this product. With so many SAGE name around, it's very hard to understand what is more suitable for you and there is no anyone who can help you with that. And the worst, they ALWAYS ( at least wwith us) a telephone line interruption and nobody calls you back. In addition to that, when you try to call them back, putting the ext. number of the account manager, is not working. This one was the most important reason why we didn't used SAGE since we showed our interest to this product in the beginning of 2017.

Pros: Tools, Functionality. We never had the opportunity to use properly this product because of our description bellow.

Cons: Costumer Service. We never had the opportunity to use properly this product because of our description bellow.

• Reviewed on 20/04/2018
Emeka O.
Social media Strategist
Transportation/Trucking/Railroad, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 14/04/2017

"Sage One is awesome"

Pros: At a point we chose Sage One over other great software. We so much like the summary tabs on the dashboard that gives you a graphical overview of your business's sales, expenses, cash flow and forecasted cash flow.

Cons: It lacks timesaving automation offered by competitors. At the time of writing this is a huge money for small businesses.

• Reviewed on 14/04/2017