• Overall
    4.7 /5
    4.8 /5
    4.5 /5

About MeisterTask

MeisterTask is the most intuitive task management and collaboration tool on the web.

Learn more about MeisterTask

Showing 25 reviews of 873

Adam C.
Data Analyst
Museums & Institutions, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 19/07/2019

"Great, Affordable Project Board for Teams"

Comments: It's an easy-to-use tool for your entire team. The horizontal layout makes it easy to click and drag projects/tasks from one development stage to another (one board to another), trigger email alerts, and create checklists. That makes task organization easy for a team. We have around a dozen staff using MeisterTask, and they all love it.

Pros: It's an incredible value for the features. We only need to pay monthly for our administrator account, and all our staff users are free. They don't get to create projects or add/change actions, but their day-to-day use of MeisterTask is free (e.g., creating and completing tasks/tickets, moving tasks around, adding checklists, etc.). I also love the integrations with other services like Zapier, which we use to allow creation of tasks via sending emails, and the MeisterTask plugin for Gmail, which lets you create tasks directly from your Inbox. This adds tons of value for our staff, who again are free users.

Cons: I personally don't like task management that is laid out horizontally on boards (e.g., Trello). The board layout lacks a visual hierarchy that I prefer and see in other free/cheap task management products like ClickUp. Also, while you can upload and attach files to each task, you can't immediately download from the task. You have to wait while MeisterTask fetches them from wherever they are stored in the cloud. There's a short delay, and you need to refresh your browser page to see the notification that contains your download link. That's a slight annoyance.

• Reviewed on 19/07/2019
Danielle S.
n/a
Writing & Editing, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 16/04/2020

"Great for tracking Weekly and Daily Big Three Tasks (Big Rocks, other tasks, etc.)"

Comments: I originally downloaded the application to attempt to tackle some #StayatHome projects. These are personal projects as I am unemployed. I find that the visual layout on the web-version is compelling and I enjoy using it. The reminders on my phone are limited, no snooze feature if you're stuck on another task, but overall decent anyway. I would and have recommended this product and will likely do so again.

Pros: I love the overall layout and design look of the software. I use the web-based version and the Android version. I like that I can get a good picture of what my day looks like - what I've planned to do, and what I may be missing from my tasks that needs to be done. It is a great companion to my Full Focus Planner, a Franklin planning system, and a general task list.

Cons: I wish the free version had more projects - something like 4 to 6 would be great. My budget may allow me to purchase the full (I think Pro) version. I am using this for just myself right now, but can see how a business could make use of it. Like most To-do apps, a decent snooze feature is lacking. Sometimes I am in the middle of working on a task and need a few more minutes to finish up - snoozing an upcoming item is always helpful.

• Reviewed on 16/04/2020
Banu H.
Head
Education Management, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 30/03/2020

"GREAT HELP"

Comments: Excellent

Pros: It is user friendly. It is practical, easy to use. Easy to find how to use it. I did not watch any tutorial for it. It helped me a great deal to arrange tasks and assign them to my crew.

Cons: under checklist, there should be a subtask checklist. I couldn't write under checklist.

• Reviewed on 30/03/2020
Benjamin D.
General councillor
Education Management, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 25/09/2019

"A perfect balance between utility, useability and design"

Comments: I am collecting the workflows of all of my different personal and professional projects into different boards and then into one intgrated dashboard. The ultimate friendship between power and simplicity. And then it also looks very beautiful! I really can't work with apps on a daily basis of they do not look nice, so I am very happy to have found this powerful, flexible, and intuitive software that also takes the cake when it comes to aesthetics!

Pros: MeisterTask strikes, for me, the perfect balance between the different aspects of a task system. It has all the functionalities that I have been looking for, for my project workflow system. I can create multiple kanban (Trello-like) boards for my different projects, yet see all of my due tasks from all of the different boards on one single dashboard. This way I can keep all of my different tasks and workflows organized, yet consult only one place to decide on my next activity. It also functions in a very intuitive way, and looks just beautiful. I especially love the option to have a daily changing photo on the home screen.

Cons: So far there is nothing at all I dislike about this software, which is a huge surprise for me. I have been looking for "the perfect" project workflow system for myself, and MeisterTask might be the one I have been looking for for so many months. There is only one smal technical improvement that I would suggest to the creators, which is the option to automatically assign newly created tasks to myself, so that I don't need to perform that as a routine action.

• Reviewed on 25/09/2019
Marcus H.
Customer and Communications Strategist
Education Management, 5,001-10,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 10/06/2019

"Maximizes Your Time, Minimizes the Learning Curve"

Comments: Overall, the experience is wonderful. It relives stress rather than adding the stress of learning a new tool. I highly recommend it.

Pros: Unlike other project management platforms, Meistertask is not only affordable, but it allows you to do more with their basic features which only amplify with one of the paid versions. Meistertask is not only a great tool to help speed up workflow, it is also highly intuitive. Even if you haven't used the platform before, you most likely will be up and running within 30 minutes. It's drag and drop interface is incredibly fast, east, and straight forward making it ideal for beginner and advanced users.

Cons: The only issue that I have with the software is the lack of list view for the project workflow. I also would like to see calendar view of the current projects and not just in reporting view.

• Reviewed on 10/06/2019
Rachel H.
Coordinator of Operations
Professional Training & Coaching, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 30/03/2019

"Easy and affordable for my little nonprofit office"

Comments: As mentioned before, I have been able to save and categorize my office gmail emails as visually-pleasing, easily-comminicable tasks that can be shared in my little office. It has replaced the ugly little scribble-notes on my desk (for the most part). :) We are a small non-profit (four people altogether) so the free basic account is wonderful, although we are considering the Pro. I have already mentioned it to several friends.

Pros: It is free and an add-on within gmail! And it's beautiful! Our office uses G-Suite, and I was desperate for a replacement for Inbox, which I had been using for the last year because it allowed me to pin notes and to-dos on each email regarding such things as follow-ups needed or website updates for users. MeisterTask allows us to take a gmail email and turn it into a categorized to-do task that I can categorize, assign to someone, and place a due date on. I love that I can have a conversation per to-do and my admin asst and I can get tasks done and tuck them away without ever having to ask each other questions in panic as later follow-up.

Cons: There is nothing that I don't like given what I am using it for. Maybe more could show up there as notifications - such as what is still in progress or yet to complete (or maybe I can set this up in settings somewhere)? I would love to take it to take it to a higher level, because I am using Smartsheets for event management, but I would need to be able to build and save multiple projects (outside of my office tasks) and be able to make use of complex templates and viewable calendars. I'm not quite sure what/where my abilities end with MesiterTask, but then I just started using it. I hope it doesn't go away.

by MeisterLabs on 08/04/2019

We're very happy to hear you're using MeisterTask and that you're also making use of the integration with Gmail! You can customize your notification settings when you click on "preferences" in your project board. Thanks for taking the time to write such a detailed review Rachel! We'll take your feedback in consideration!

• Reviewed on 30/03/2019
Account Executive
  • Reviewed on 26/08/2019

"Great for To-Dos and Project Management"

Comments: MeisterTask is really helping me keep track of the many things I have going on and keeping them organized by project, with deadlines and action items. It's a free tool that gives me all I need in a task management system when other brands and systems have fallen flat.

Pros: I started using MeisterTask about a year ago to keep track of all my projects internally. To be honest, even though it's marketed as a teams system, I love using it for just myself. It's the only to-do list type system I've found that helps me keep track of where things are and keep them organized. I like how you can manually move tasks from start, to in progress, to finish. You can clearly indicate action items and next steps, unlike a lot of the to-do list apps I've found. I also love that I can use it seamlessly from my computer to my phone.

Cons: Honestly, it's kind of all I need in a to-do/project management software. I've definitely found some quirks and some things in the system I need to get used to. But, overall it has all the features that one would use for task management and the collaboration process looks like it could be easy as well.

• Reviewed on 26/08/2019
Andrea C.
Copywriter
Marketing & Advertising, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 06/08/2019

"Screw Asana. MeisterTask is the best workflow project/task/to-do manager bar none."

Comments: I start my day with MeisterTask. I drag and drop throughout the day as I accomplish my tasks. I make things look just how I want them with easy colour and text customizations. I use the checklists and notifications tp keep me on track. MeisterTask is a game changer when it comes to organization.

Pros: It's free for freelancers.
You can scale it to teams as you grow.
The interface is beautiful.
The dashboard is everything you need but remains simple and clean.
The ease-of-use is incredible (drag and drop your kanban boards).
It comes as an app for my Google Pixel 3 (that also looks and works as great as the browser version).
It integrates a time clock. I use Harvest for that, but I love that this feature is here if needed.
Colour coding is sweet.
Checklists are quick and easy.
Deadline notifications are awesome.
Customization is easy.
Unlimited projects

Cons: I literally have no cons for this software. I am a company of one using this amazing free software and it does everything I need. I don't know what I would do without it. You have to try it. Blows bigger more known-about competitors out of the water.

• Reviewed on 06/08/2019
Sally B.
Business Consultant
Human Resources, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 06/11/2019

"Creativity Unleashed!"

Comments: Sharing my goals, needs and timelines selectively with work associates, clients and friends/family helps give me focus and keep moving forward. When juggling single parenthood, full time employment and a start up business - I need a Command Station that is versatile, intuitive, has a great UX, easily integrates, is cloud-based and allows for customization. MeisterTask does it all!

Pros: It's so customizable and smooth to use! I can change icons, colors, set alerts and share information/docs really easily. The mobile app is also incredibly well-synced and makes life so much simpler when I need to check on my projects and focus on tasks at hand. Like a to-do list on steroids. Making Lifework Integration possible for me.

Cons: More people don't know it exists! It would be so nice if people understood how much this could change their lives and help them stay focused on and motivated towards their lifestyle goals.

• Reviewed on 06/11/2019
Nahuel M.
Strategic Brand Designer
Design, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 15/01/2020

"The best and most complete task manager"

Pros: I really like the management of the project and the ease to use interface. Really intuitive.

Cons: Specially in the Smartphone App, it seems that you have to enter multiple times to a new task to assign a person and a deadline to that specific task. I would prefer a cleaner look to the interface.

• Reviewed on 15/01/2020
Murteza Z.
software engineer
Computer Games, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 05/08/2020

"Meistertask user experience is like magic"

Comments: It was more than my expectation. I thought Meistertask would be like most other project management tools, but once I used it, it proved me wrong, and this is the first time I'm happy because i'm proved wrong by all the hard works that has been put in building and developing and designing Meistertask.

Pros: It's pretty easy to use and you fall in love with the user experience of Meistertask. The features even in the free version are so helpful. This software has been build pragmatically.

Cons: on the low speed internet, it takes some time to lead the software

• Reviewed on 05/08/2020
Kyoung rock K.
Senior Technical Consultant
  • Reviewed on 11/02/2019

"An inspirational magical tool"

Comments: I've used about 10 collaborative tools and issue tracking tools, but I think this is the best tool ever. I think it is the best tool for all members to feel good at their tasks, in a true sense, for collaboration.

Pros: Beautiful, intuitive, and filled with essentials. I use the free version, but this is enough. My colleagues (general affairs team) was very curious, and in just a few hours everyone started using it easily. My favorite thing is that the way I look at my work has changed slightly since I feel good even if I look at it. This means that it can be delightful to look at my to-do list. If you use a MacBook and a Chrome browser, MeisterTask will help you imagine beautiful and cool things from the morning until you fall asleep, and it also helps you to move your inspiration into reality.

Cons: There have been occasional slowdowns when there are more cards on the screen, but it seems to have improved a lot. I tried to develop a system that integrates with this, but I'm frustrated by the reality that it can not be developed as beautiful as this.

• Reviewed on 11/02/2019
Maria K.
Civilengineer
Hospital & Health Care, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 29/10/2019

"Very good and easy software for task managing"

Comments: It is easy and simple to use, which saves time, compared to similar software solutions. I use it for all my work tasks. Being a project manager, and having the responsibility for managing 10-12 projects, it is a must to have a software that can contain all my tasks where I have the possibility to add my own tags, which makes it easy for me to get a quick overview of all my projects. I could not do my job without this software.

Pros: It is easy and simple to use, which saves time, compared to similar software solutions. I use it for all my work tasks. Being a project manager, and having the responsibility for managing 10-12 projects, it is a must to have a software that can contain all my tasks where I have the possibility to add my own tags, which makes it easy for me to get a quick overview of all my projects. I could not do my job without this software.

Cons: so far I have non cons in mind

Ma. louren C.
Admin Support | Content Writer | Researcher
Real Estate, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 22/08/2018

"A Visually Soothing Task Management Solution"

Pros: I am working remotely for a foreign company and having something like a virtual task board helps in managing, assigning, and tracking task progress. I like that it is visually stunning as it is customizable. It creates a relaxing work environment that helps me become more productive. Also, we can create pre-defined checklists for recurring/repetitive tasks. It has integrations too on software/applications we use which are really helpful like slack, bitbucket, two of which we frequently use. Out of all the task management app I tried, I like this one the most because of aesthetics, usability, integrations, and customizations.

Cons: Meistertask's recent update rearranged my checklist items and I can't figure out how to reorder them. So I reverted back to th previous version. Also, I use its Android app so I can still be updated but most times I need to logout and log back in again to get it to sync. But other than these, I love this amazing tool.

• Reviewed on 22/08/2018
Ken S.
Creative Director
Design, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 29/10/2019

"Better than Trello for visual people"

Comments: I use this product to manage all of my projects and keep myself organized. It works for the smallest tasks like who to call today to multi-month projects.

Pros: MeisterTask feels like Trello for people who need more visual cues for the UI. It uses color better, and typography, to better distinguish individual functions. Also like the home page which is a quieter place to see your day.

Cons: The home page showing all of your scheduled tasks could be more customizable. I'd like to able to adjust the layout, and pick and choose which projects to add to the home page. It wold also be nice to have some predictive date entry, or move this date one day/week/month like ToDoist.

Joshua M.
Founder/ Principal Design/ Consultant
Machinery, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 27/10/2019

"Incredible Software"

Comments: Launching a business would have been incredibly difficult. MeisterTask allows the team to communicate from various locations, and manage outstanding items for follow up. My life as a first time business leader has been much more enjoyable with these services.

Pros: This platform allows me to keep my team on task - With so many moving parts in the startup world, having one program allowing oversight in an incredible advantage.

Cons: There really are none in my experience. So far the program is intuitive, the interface looks great, and signing my team up was a breeze. Absolutely rockstar job done by the MeisterTask team!

• Reviewed on 27/10/2019
David H.
CAD Technician
Civil Engineering, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 11/04/2019

"a tidy task manager"

Comments: very positive - good communication & support. glitches fixed quickly.

Pros: web based & stable too; integrates with Mindmeister mindmapping tool; integrates with toggl timer; integrates with Google calendar via IFTTT; task search capabilities; decent android phone app too; any glitches (there's not been many - see cons) are sorted quickly - support staff are good & knowledgeable about the product; template checklist capability is great too

Cons: not much; the odd glitch - parts of the task window going blank then reappearing - sorted quickly (more likely a hardware/driver issue this end); pasting checklist items from a text document used to be easy - then it wasn't - now it's easy again. like i said - not much wrong.

• Reviewed on 11/04/2019
Tilmann W.
Architect
Architecture & Planning, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 05/01/2019

"Everything can be held in this tool"

Comments: We have a big project, an up to 6 people are working on it. As the projectmanager I can use it as a mainboard to have an overview what has to be done, and with drag and drop I can put it on top ore more down like the actuall imprtance to my tasks oder to sombody in the group.
Also I can see what are the employes are doing when they notice in the task.

Pros: It is easy to set a task and more easy to drop it to somebody who gets the responsibility, but you still has an look on the things that are be done.
You can fill the tasks with different lists, and every step that was done is stored.

Cons: There is a big button right on top to the left side that is used to finish the task ( in german. Abschliessen) mostly I like to push it when I want to leave the task to go to an other. For that you have to use the small cross on the right side. This you use much more often an should be bigger, then the finishbutton, that is to be used once.

• Reviewed on 05/01/2019
Koya O.
Web programmer
Information Technology & Services, 5,001-10,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 08/08/2020

"Meistertask is top level project management tool"

Comments: For having a mobile version of meistertask I would give a thumbs up. I can still stay upto date on the current states of running projects. I can participate and share resources with my team. Also it's easy to track progress and time each task for quick performance from each team member. It's a great tool and platform to work in.

Pros: Mister task gives the ability to view currently gunning projects and manage tasks accordingly. It is a tool for full team collaboration and resource sharing. The dashboard offers quick access to tools and features at a glance. Availability of mobile app is of great help.

Cons: The dashboard often look crowded and bulky at first glance. Too much information seems to be popping out of the screen. It's also a bit expensive compared to other platforms.

• Reviewed on 08/08/2020
Usame Z.
CEO Non-govermment organization
Nonprofit Organization Management, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 17/07/2019

"We need a system for ranking / marking / grading team members"

Pros: Easy to use.
Useful.
Transparent.
Nice design.

Cons: Lack of system for ranking / marking / grading team members. Please create a system, that the administrator can score team members and that the ranking list is automatically generated. That would be very useful to us. If a system already exists, please explain how to use it.

• Reviewed on 17/07/2019
Nick F.
Chief Operating Officer
  • Reviewed on 10/03/2019

"User-friendly task manager closely coupled to on-line mind mapping software"

Comments: I use MeisterTask as a cross-platform personal task board manager for multiple projects. I try to capture all significant tasks in MeisterTask as part of a GTD approach. My reason for using MeisterTask is largely because I have a subscription to MindMeister.

Pros: 1. The ability to scope projects, define tasks and allocated these to team members
2. Cross-platform availability (Windows, iOS, macOS)
3. Easy-to-use GUI with filtering

Cons: The integration with MindMeister is a bit clunky and could be streamlined

by MeisterLabs on 18/03/2019

We're extremely happy to hear that you use MeisterTask daily and that you're also making use of the integration with MindMeister. Thanks for taking the time to write this review Nick!

• Reviewed on 10/03/2019
Executive Director, Strategic planning and leadership for issues advocacy
Retail, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 21/01/2019

"Great Task Manager"

Comments: MeisterTask has been the best task manager I've used for working with contractors. The software facilitates communication and productivity. And it has a beautiful design, with apps that are seamless from web to desktop to mobile.

Pros: I love this task manager for working with small teams and contractors. I love that I can set up re-usable processes. I love the appearance and the functionality. I love that I see the notifications I need to see, without seeing notifications of items that are in process.

Cons: I'd love to see notifications of tasks that I add to the software myself. Also I'd like the ability to add voice memos to tasks.

• Reviewed on 21/01/2019
Ismail B.
Scientist
Research, 5,001-10,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 05/02/2019

"One of the most valuable applications"

Comments: I use MeisterTask for my different software projects. Since I do my planning with MeisterTask, I am more structured and productive. One suggestion would be that you can synchronize your GitHub Issues with MeisterTask and link a project to create GitHub Issues directly from it.

Pros: It's easy to use. The mobile application is very good and very advanced in development and design. What I personally like the most is that you can create relations between the tasks. So you can immediately see which task blocks which section or has an impact on this sections. You can even graphically display code snippets. Many thanks to the developers that you can also work very well with the free version and you notice that this software is designed and distributed with love.

Cons: A negative point is that the size of the display cannot be scaled arbitrarily. For me personally, the tasks are a bit too large. In addition, there is no application for Linux.

• Reviewed on 05/02/2019
Minie M.
Performer
Entertainment, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 26/02/2019

"Free version Fan"

Pros: It's so easy to use, that I use it for managing all of my tasks, from work to home management! It really helps me get organised, I can check it on my phone and even Apple Watch (sync with Google calendar).

Cons: Unfortunately you can't assign a task to 2 people, so you have to duplicate it and assign each of the items to a different person

by MeisterLabs on 05/03/2019

Thank you very much for your feedback Minie! It's amazing to hear that MeisterTaks improves your organisation with working from home. Assigning a task to multiple people will be considered in the future. Thanks for the great feedback!

• Reviewed on 26/02/2019
Sarah K.
Event Manager
Events Services, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 01/07/2019

"Using it to manage events as projects"

Comments: Love it - if it had those couple of extra features I would definitely scale it up and use it with the team.

Pros: I like the interface, the UX of the tasks within each section is great. The email round up is useful too.

Cons: I would like to be able to see an extra to-do-list with the ability to control dates on new additions on the home page.
The extra list required is the dated stuff from all tasks along side the checklist - just for ease of seeing what's going on.
It would also be really good to have a notes column in each project that looks like a task list but is actually just a description list for each section. (So it doesn't appear in external task list or get greyed out when inactive.

• Reviewed on 01/07/2019