• Overall
    4.7 /5
    4.7 /5
    4.5 /5

About MeisterTask

MeisterTask is the most intuitive task management and collaboration tool on the web.

Learn more about MeisterTask

Mutegeki R.
Research Assistant
  • Reviewed on 09/09/2019

"Improved project planning and management"

Comments: Before Meister Task, having a centralized Project management system that allowed us to keep track of projects, assign tasks and reporting on progress was a nightmare. We find it a lot easier these days because of MT.

Pros: The software platforms are seamlessly integrated and I have access to my tasks on the go.

Cons: I haven't yet found any issues with this software but as soon as I do, I'll definitely bring them up to the dev team. However, providing for the ability to add project level resources (files and attachments) would be nice. Absence of email updates on pending tasks (not calender based) could also be useful.

Alexandra M.
Accounting, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 13/04/2020

"Wish they ironed out the bugs"

Comments: Started with this software a few years ago and really need to spend some time looking for other software. Run accounting firm and use this software to manage the monthly entry for all clients. As all my workers are remote, I need something dependable to assign tasks and manage timekeeping for each client. Unfortunately Meistertask fails hard on dependability. The backgrounds are pretty and the aesthetic is the best thing about this software. The worst is that every other month I have issues pulling time tracking or some kind of glitch happening. For the last 2 weeks i've been unable to bill clients or access accurate reports for the time period I am trying to bill even though the hours show perfectly fine in the software, what is being downloaded is last month's time tracking which is not the search parameter I put in. Every time I contact Meister it takes a while for them to get back to me and has taken upwards of a week to fix issues with no explanation for why they keep happening. Currently I pay $70+ per month for what? I don't really care that the tasking software is pretty if the software in general stops working and I have to keep asking to fix. This is the 2nd time I've had an issue with the software in the last 3 months either not properly displaying time or not properly downloading. Don't use this if you need accurate and timely time keeping!!!!

Pros: -Can track time by task
-Can assign multiple team members
-Team members can view time
-Can set up multiple projects or clients
-Can get notifications when tasks completed

Cons: -Would be great if all workers couldn't view everyone's time
-Need feature to pull time for a date range
-Time Tracking glitches every other month
-Customer service takes forever to fix issues

• Reviewed on 13/04/2020
Matteo R.
Motion Designer
Entertainment, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 19/02/2021

"Freelance Useful tool"

Comments: Very useful for my production.
I can track every production, step and working phase.
I can't remember what it's like to work without.
ABSOLUTELY recommended.

Pros: I love the Task Manager and the timeline feature.
I trak every project, every Production Step and beyond.

Cons: The archivement feature is useful but I often unawares archive projects, and to bring it back I always have trouble.

• Reviewed on 19/02/2021
Coordinator
Education Management, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 05/05/2020

"Great task manager that can be interconnected with mind maps"

Comments: As explained above, I used it to manage the tasks on different projects with the team of eight people in total and complement a board task manager with mind maps to make the project planning and tracking more visual. It allowed me as a manager to keep track on the things that were going on although I was often on the road for days and since it has a really great visual interface it was easy to spot potential problems (over-allocation to some person, possible delays etc.) before they actually happen and act proactivelly

Pros: The best thing about this software is that interconnects with MindMeister mind mapping software perfectly, out of the box. This means that you can define your project in a mind map (which is in itself really useful and visually clear) and then just make an item a task with deadline, priority, person assigned and it automatically appears in Trello-like interface with buckets so you can move from one collumn to the others (Open, Next, In progress, Completed, etc.). In comparison to similar apps, the feature that I really appreciate is the activity log that you can see with one click on the right side which gives you log of what happened recently as it happened - for example your colleague completed a task or created a new one, commented on a task, etc. which is great if you are a manager of a team and want to quickly see what has been going on . Another highly appreciated feature is that by clicking on the team member's avatar you instantly filter only the tasks assigned to that person, so you really have a quick, visual way to track progress of different projects. Finally, each task allows you to track time, so you can do it from the app itself, without needing a separate app for time tracking.

Cons: Personally, I really enjoyed using the app, but two colleagues on my team did not like it since they felt that some of the features are too much (and that as a manager I could track more things than they would normally want) and preferred a simplicity of Trello that we used before this. That said, if you use paid version, you have a lot of options that you can utilize, which can be distracting for some people on your team, while if you use the free basic version, options such as agenda, seting the duration of tasks etc. will be missed.

• Reviewed on 05/05/2020
William C.
Sales Engineer
Computer Software, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 16/08/2019

"Great for Personal Use"

Comments: I am currently using the free version for personal task management. I use it to manage my employed work, a couple of small side businesses, and my personal life. It's perfect for that and way better than standard to-do lists because the Kanban format helps you stay focused on whats really important. I'm really happy with this software and would pay a small perpetual license for it, if I was forced to. However, I would not pay a monthly fee for it, because that licensing model for personal use would be too expensive over time vs. other 'free' solutions on the market.

Pros: Very handy, full-featured Kanban tool with built-in to do list. Easy to move projects to tasks, tasks to projects, tasks to different lists or even other boards. I find tags to be really helpful... I often tag items as 'Important' and/or 'Urgent'. This software does what it's supposed to do very well, actually. Have not yet run into anything I would consider a bug, and seems to sync pretty well between my devices (Andriod phone, second laptop) at this point.

Cons: There are some features I would like to see added. In order of importance to me: 1a) Ability to re-order todo list items in the My Tasks View
1b) Ability to resize the project screen sizes and list widths. Overall, the application display is just too big and wide for my tastes. I prefer consolidated screen sizes to condense as much info as possible into a single view and for my tastes, there is a lot of white space which creates significant left-to-right scrolling when using my laptop.
2) Would like to be able to set a default user for assignments.
Those are the big near-term improvements for me, some other larger-scale features of interest would be.... Card Grouping like Leanit would be a great feature to have in a future release. Another feature I would like to see in the future would be integrated Gantt chart capabilities. I have this fantasy dream about a personal productivity software tool that integrates Kanban with card grouping, To-do lists, Gantt, MindMapping, and a lightweight financial projection module over time... all integrated together. I'm sure that would be a Herculean development effort, but one can dream!!

• Reviewed on 16/08/2019
Leiter Prozesse und Projekte
Libraries, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 16/12/2019

"Excellent task management tool"

Pros: MeisterTask is an easy to use tool covering all the functionalities I need for everyday work.

Cons: Sometimes it's difficult to make fully transparent complex interdependencies between tasks.

• Reviewed on 16/12/2019
Kamila K.
Team Lead Trainer
Health, Wellness & Fitness, 1,001-5,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 22/06/2019

"Look no more!"

Comments: I was solving a priority problem. There are so many tasks that I am invovled in that span a lot of different organizations and functions. /I needed something that could clearly detail what I needed to do and when. The checklists have been great for that as well as the different categories.

Pros: That's how I felt when I saw this software. I decided that it was easily the best and most fluid. It is clean, clear and intuitive which I need when I am organizing. I love the customizations and details that are available.

Cons: I can't think of anything at the moment. It's worked really well for my business needs. If I HAD to pick something it would be that you can't scroll right to left in the tasks.

• Reviewed on 22/06/2019
Afonso D.
Product Designer
Design, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 09/08/2019

"Reminders"

Comments: As I told, very simple to use and have nice costumizations, excellent quotes that inspires me everyday, continue like that!

Pros: Easy to use, very simple and powerful, with many costumizations, always with good quotes that insipires me everyday, I like that!

Cons: The only thing that I want now is to have the option to remind me the tasks, for example, I set up one task for 14PM and I forgot, the app in my smartphone appears an notification and I get in touch with my task, or in the desktop, appears an messagem in the bottom, to notify me. Would be an amazing upgrade and it will be a nice thing to do.

• Reviewed on 09/08/2019
Database programmer
  • Reviewed on 08/04/2019

"Meister Task Review"

Comments: I am using it for university purposes. I find it very useful because I got more organized. I am using it every day and at the beggining of the day I just need to see what I have to do, and do it. I spent less time in reading a list of tasks that I need to do today, instead of trying to remember what I needed to do - and in more cases the final result is forgetting something.
I think this software is very useful for every person in school, university, and for sure in work.
I was using some kind of software in my workplace and the benefits were great - everyone knew what to do in every moment. And the separation of tasks was very easy process.
I pretty recommend software like this, cause people nowadays have a lot of work, and they need to stay organized in order not to forget something important in daily life.

Pros: 1. It is very intuitive.
2. It is very easy to use.
3. You have all your stages of work in one page - also you can define your won stages.
4. You can create tasks and add to them some extra info - like list of tasks, due dates, assing tasks - and everything very easy.
5. Users will see only their tasks and concentrate on their own activities.
6. You can customize the pretty design which is not bad.
7. It has a global search which is useful when you need to search something in all tasks.

Cons: 1. Maybe adding pictures to tasks will be a pros, or adding some files ( well I am not quite sure, but the version I am using does not have this feature ) Well believe it or not, at this moment this is the only disatvantage I see.

by MeisterLabs on 17/04/2019

Thanks for the amazing review. Truly appreciate your kind words! Please note that file attachments up to 20 MB per file are already available, also for free profiles. For further questions please contact our support.

• Reviewed on 08/04/2019
Madison K.
Financial Analyst
Financial Services, 501-1,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 25/02/2019

"My Favorite Tool For Organizing Everything"

Comments: I have used this software at a job where it was heavily implemented, and am still using it at my other job that doesn't use it internally and I have had many people comment on how great it is and how they wish their companies implemented it more often. I even used it for organizing my packing list for moving houses, and for a lot of my school work in college. So overall I want to say I love this software, and I hope more companies see just how organized they could be if they were to use it.

Pros: I love the ease of use of this software, as I really enjoy being able to drag and drop items into the easy to personalize columns. I also like how it is integrated with websites like If This Then That (ITTT) to connect the software even more to my email and calendars.

Cons: I wish there was more of the integrations found on If This Then That and similar websites on the platform so I could more easily connect all my platforms. Also, I would like to see a feature that is like the loaded list option in a task, except for a set list of tasks - for example a weekly set of tasks that I could load repeatedly on a certain date like the beginning of a week.

• Reviewed on 25/02/2019
Mark B.
Automotive, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 18/02/2020

"Tasks and Lists"

Comments: It has been great to work on MeisterTask and they really have a good vision with were they want to go with teams. It is kind of mix between Asana and Wunderlist before they shut down but they are constantly updating the app.

Pros: They are taking a fresh approach to lists and team collaboration software. We have used Meistertask and loved the animations and the goal features. Once you start using it more and the tasks your teams create you can get the more advanced features (but you have to pay for it).

Cons: There is a lot to like but sometimes it is over the top with too much in your face boxes and images. Sometimes I know I have been trying to onboard certain teams and they find the software a little too complex. Now once you understand it super easy to use but they add a lot of cool fluff with the features.

• Reviewed on 18/02/2020
Ruben francisco A.
Education Management, 201-500 Employees

"Amazingly intuitive1"

Comments: The boards and cards are very easy to understant, to interpretate and to edit and to do and add many things to help the manage and accomplish the tasks.

Pros: I'm very happy to test and probably influence to purchase this product join with Mind Meister, it's useful, practice and vey intuitive. I recommend!!

Cons: The software cannot alow a visua calendar like I see in Trello software, this facilitates the overview of the tasks

Digital marketing Executive
  • Reviewed on 25/07/2019

"A life saver!"

Comments: In all, meisterTask is the tool to look to for personal and small group projects, also useful for keeping yourself on schedule with personal goals and objectives.

Pros: I personally use this for side projects and not at my office but based on my experience I'll do everything I can to get my office to adopt it as well. Some of the things I love about it: - Great feature-set for even free tier - Super easy to use user interface - Intuitive drag and drop capability for cards which is super useful when sorting and organising

Cons: As I mentioned, I mostly use it for personal projects to keep myself accountable not necessarily in large teams, so it would be nice if it was also designed with this type of single-user scenarios in mind a there are usually so many extra steps to get by just because there are no other team members to add to a project or task. Besides that, It's a pretty amazing application.

• Reviewed on 25/07/2019
Chelsea D.
Database manager
Museums & Institutions, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 22/01/2019

"Meistertask is so helpful!"

Comments: I work for a museum and there are a lot of components leading up to posting an event or program on our website. There was a lot of back and forth, wasted time, and missing links before we decided to use Meistertask to help create a new process. In the workflow we have organized, the program/event point of contact emails a specific email address that we have set up to go right into Meistertask. Someone from our Marketing team monitors the "inbox" and distributes the task to who it needs to go to first (typically me, the ticket sales setup person)- either by "tagging" them in the task, "assigning" them the task, or, in our case, moving it to a column that automatically assigns someone to it and notifies them through email/the app. Then, that person will then "pass it along" by moving the task to a different column to notify the next department (typically the web manager). It begins with the point of contact, goes to Marketing, goes to ticket sales setup, then to our web manager just by dragging the task to a different column. Saves so much confusion and wasted time!

Pros: I love that I can keep my to-do list in an organized area that I can access on any device. It's also great that other team members can collaborate on tasks.

Cons: I honestly can't think of something I don't like about it. This is the first time I've used any task organization software, so I don't have much to compare it to.

• Reviewed on 22/01/2019
Yash R.
Student
Education Management, 10,000+ Employees
  • Reviewed on 17/07/2019

"Love it!"

Comments: Every time I get a team together I get us all on meistertask to track our work. I just wish there was some way to use google drive and meistertask together.
Also, I shouldn't have to click on a task AFTER I create it to add a deadline and assign it to someone. It should be doable as soon as I click the plus sign. Something similar to the google calendar website - when you click on some part of the calendar.
I also wish there a focus mode - for short periods of work. Something like a sprint in Jira

Pros: Its ease of use. Super easy to add columns. Include other people. Move tasks around between different columns. Makes high level thinking super easy.

Cons: Too many clicks sometimes. I wish there were shortcuts to move between projects

• Reviewed on 17/07/2019
Trevor G.
Photographer
Photography, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 28/02/2019

"Perfect for Freelance Photography"

Comments: I had about 70 projects last year. MTask helped me from the moment of job inquiry to shooting, post production, image delivery and invoice preparation. All sorts of ways I could lose track of things have now been taken care of. It has helped a lot.

Pros: Customizing the categories and very easy learning curve (so easy!). Exactly what I was looking for. It has truly streamlined my client-based projects.

Cons: Sometimes I wish I could format the individual squares to show information slightly differently, but it isn't a true con. 99% of the time the format (and I speak of aesthetics here) are perfect.

by MeisterLabs on 05/03/2019

Thank you Trevor for the amazing feedback! We're extremely happy that you are able to be on track with your photography projects through MeisterTask!

• Reviewed on 28/02/2019
Jacek J.
graphic designer
Design, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 01/07/2019

"my subjective review"

Pros: the most transparent and understandable software to manage tasks

Cons: the most price and including options because of price

• Reviewed on 01/07/2019
Becky S.
Content Strategist
Financial Services, 1,001-5,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 23/05/2019

"Best project management and collaboration tool"

Pros: Meister Task is my favorite tasking software. I love the assigning of tasks feature, the reminders to keep us all accountable and on point. I love the checkpoints that you can list under a task, down to the time stamps of everything that's being completed. There's also options of attaching docs to different tasks in case you need someone to review something you did. It keeps everyone in the loop in real time without disruptions to someone else's schedule when it comes to collaborating.

Cons: There are far too many menus , pop up modals and drop downs to go through just to delete a project.

• Reviewed on 23/05/2019
Andreas K.
Teacher, School-IT-Manager
Education Management, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 21/08/2019

"Team-Task-Management"

Pros: The team always has an overview of upcoming tasks. Meetings can be prepared and organized effectively and in a time-saving manner.
The app is available on all devices.

Cons: At the moment there is nothing negativ to say.

• Reviewed on 21/08/2019
Rainey S.
Business Development Analyst
Oil & Energy, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 03/03/2020

"RS Review of MeisterTask"

Comments: My experience with MeisterTask has been great. App is very easy to use and understand. I love the integrations with on-line cloud spaces. I can upload, download and review my tasks and photos easily with almost seemless effort. Although there are some integrations that I feel can be added or useful, I manage to find a way to resolve the miscommunication between some apps and programs.

Pros: Extremely helpful this year with keeping me focused no matter the number of tasks.

Cons: 1. Open availability of options/features for sub-tasks i.e. add content directly to subtasks, ability to add pictures or charts, etc.
2. Ability to add a timeline (start and stop dates)
3. When creating a template, it stays a template (no need to duplicate what you would want to repeat) meaning...if I create a template and I want to use it multiple times, I should not need to duplicate the template, just use it and save under a new name but the template remains blank for future uses. At least make an option.

• Reviewed on 03/03/2020
Eldar M.
Instructor
Education Management, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 02/10/2019

"The most optimal version of Kanban applications"

Pros: The software is quite easy to start using even if a user is without any experience. It makes any team collaboration much easier and more convenient. Much time and mental resources will be saved.

Cons: I could not detect anything I like least about this application.

• Reviewed on 02/10/2019
Cathy F.
  • Reviewed on 15/05/2020

"Product Review"

Comments: Overall a great product to manage simple to complex projects and tasks.

Pros: Easy of use and implementation. Colourful and bright. Love the desktop view, inspirational phrases and backgrounds.

Cons: Maybe recurring dates and times available for the free version.

• Reviewed on 15/05/2020
Mark Z.
COO
Health, Wellness & Fitness, 1,001-5,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 16/07/2020

"Flexibility and Functionality"

Comments: great support, always updating, essy to use, cost effective, has all the features I need.

Pros: Can do all the functions for tasks and projects, integrates well with Outlook which is a big plus. Clean UI and easy to use, I like the features better than Trello and Asana mainly due to the Outlook email integration.

Cons: No negatives, I wish you could easily assign multiple emails to the same task. Besides that no other concerns.

• Reviewed on 16/07/2020
Kornelia G.
HR Spezialist
Food & Beverages, 10,000+ Employees
  • Reviewed on 29/05/2019

"Great tool for small projects"

Pros: We use this tool for small projects or just to keep the team updated about the tasks. Is like having a huge board on your office wall expect that you can always have a look on it. Great features and design, you can use the basic version for free. You can asign task to other team members. Very simple and very modern. Highly recommend for small teams.

Cons: Limited options to edit the text and grafics. I would love to integrate the company logo

• Reviewed on 29/05/2019
Chris G.
Technical Sales Manager
Environmental Services, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 03/12/2019

"Does what i want it to"

Comments: Very positive, i use it to not only manage our installation projects, but also design and specification projects as well as quoting. i have multiple sections set up for quotes, major projects and customers etc and can invite other team members at each stage they need to be involved. I can also monitor other teams members projects.

Pros: It is web based, easy to use and clean looking. unlike alot of project management softwares i have used, the interface remains uncluttered. Multiple user collaboration is easy (we use slack intergration) and it is, importantly, reliable.

Cons: no external notifications (that i can see)

• Reviewed on 03/12/2019