15 years helping Australian businesses

About Invoiced

Invoiced is designed to automate all aspects of utility billing. Schedule a demo today.

Learn more about Invoiced

Pros:

Cons:

Onboarding has been a long and difficult process.

Invoiced ratings

4.6
4.6
4.4
4.7

8.9/10

Invoiced has an overall rating of 4.7 out 5 stars based on 141 user reviews on Capterra.

Have you used Invoiced before?

Jeremy
Jeremy
President in US
Information Technology & Services, 2–10 Employees

Awesome automated A/R but not sure if they are targeting small businesses anymore.

Comments: automated A/R from invoices generate in QBO is awesome

Pros:

Reliable accurate integration with QBO. Great branding - our logos, client logos, etc.

Cons:

Maybe it is not of interest anymore, but we seem to be on a legacy small business pricing plan that is far less than the current minimum. At $500/M this might not be worthwhile for our business.

Jaclyn
CFO in US
Marketing & Advertising, 11–50 Employees

Calling all businesses on a subscription business models!

Pros:

I love the organization this software offers. I am easy able to track all of my invoices, payments, refunds, credits etc all in one place. I love having the ability to make notes on my customer accounts for another person to pick up where I left off or just to remind myself! The overall aesthetic matches our brand and I will continue to use this product for a long time.

Cons:

Although almost perfect, there are several things I would add to Invoiced. I do not love the inability to view my upcoming revenue for all my upcoming subscriptions. Currently, I have to download an excel sheet, total the column and forecast what next month's revenue will be. I am also not able send invoices to select clients. This is a necessity as not all my clients want a receipt/invoice. I can't turn it off or on for specific clients so I want my customer specific settings.

Dana
Dana
Chief Operating Officer in US
Marketing & Advertising, 51–200 Employees

Decent Concept, Horrendous Execution

Comments: Everything was working fairly well until October 2020. Invoiced rolled out an update to their Quickbooks Online connector and broke the planet. Instantly, the software began reporting hundreds of reconciliation errors. After reaching out to their support team, we were made to believe that we were the only client experiencing these issues, and were assured that they would be corrected quickly. Two and a half months later, we were still experiencing the same issues, and continued finding new problems that were caused by their software update. We had six different open support tickets to address various large problems that were affecting our business negatively. Our clients were not being billed as expected or were not being charged at all, the software began unexpectedly injecting new sku's within Quickbooks, and parts of their product no longer worked. We reached out to a few other companies that were also using invoiced.com and learned that they were experiencing the EXACT issues that we were experiencing! Then, came the fix. One would think that we would have been notified that anupdate was forthcoming, since we had an open ticket and had been living with these problems for months! Nope. We logged in one day, and learned that they injected hundreds of journal entries into our accounting system that were wrong and misstated our financials. It took us 20+ hours to correct this mistake. As of the date of this review, we are still experiencing many of these issues.

Pros:

When we began using invoiced.com, it worked fairly well. Like any SaaS product, we encountered minor bugs and idiosyncrasies that didn't bother us very much. We used most of the product features and are well-versed in some of the advanced "capabilities." However, in the end, their solution caused more problems for us than it solved.

Cons:

Their client support is non-existent, their software developers break things constantly, and basically, they can't get out of their own way. They do not seem to recognize that their incredibly invasive software sits in the exact center of the most important functions for any business - cash collections and communications with customers. On more occasions than I am able to list here, our clients have been negatively affected by their incapacity to do the most basic cash collection, communication, and data syncing activities competently and consistently.

Emily
Customer Success Manager in US
Internet, 11–50 Employees

Amazingly Easy to Use

Comments: It's very easy to keep track of overdue payments. It's very customizable. The site has a clean feel, and it's pleasant to look at (and when you crunch numbers all day, they may as well be nice to look at). I've only ever experienced one glitch that was easy to fix, which is amazing for a software company. Their customer service is also great and very helpful.

Pros:

We implemented this during the height of the Corona virus pandemic, and, being in the video conferencing industry, it was an EXTREMELY busy time to be learning a new software for how we manage all our invoices. But Invoiced was so amazingly intuitive it ended up making my job much easier. It honestly makes me like doing my job more.

Cons:

There are a few things that I would like to be able to customize even more but I really only have good things to say.

Jessica
Owner / Graphic Designer in US
Graphic Design, 2–10 Employees

Invoiced - A great business tool

Comments: I truly enjoy using this software. The organization of my customer information and the ease of use makes it a top tool for my business.

Pros:

There are two main features that I like the most with Invoiced. First being the ability to set up recurring billing. I have several customers who this applies to. I can easily set up a payment plan to send a bill to my customer without the need to manage it all myself. I can also easily make an adjustment if needed. The next feature that I favor is the ability to set up a payment plan for certain customers. With partial orders, I am able to setup a payment plan with partial payments, to meet the needs of my customer..... not to mention that this software offers several ways to pay, which makes it even easier. The organization of the information for each customer is very organized as well.

Cons:

The only downside to this software is the cost. For a smaller company who has few customers and little business revenue, this is not a very cost effective software to use. The basic package is $100 a month, which can add up over time. For a more established company, this is a GREAT tool.

Justin
CPO in US
Computer Software, 51–200 Employees

Great & Helpful team

Comments: From day 1, its a professional company with a robust api that checked all the boxes we needed to build our invoicing system.

Pros:

They do almost everything for you. Unlike other products they support payments via CC or ACH out of the box just by connecting square. Their support is super helpful and helped us migrate all our payment accounts to their platform. They also send emails for us, and manage all of the tech required to invoice.

Cons:

I really cant think of anything. Its all worked very well.

Pradnya
Sr. Solutions Architect in US
Nonprofit Organization Management, 11–50 Employees

Invoiced.com

Pros:

Simplicity of use, modern and easy to use UI for staff as well as customers, out of the box integration with Intacct (which is our accounting system), decent API for other integrations, SSO links that allow our external customers to log into their portals, very helpful and responsive staff, [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] has been super helpful with helping in our integrations.

Cons:

I like invoiced.com, and for the most part I don't really have any cons... just this one observation: I have not tried to do an integration myself, but work closely with a colleague who is integrating with Salesforce - it seems like the API integration was not very simple and intuitive for all our use cases.

Cody
Controller in US
Entertainment, 51–200 Employees

Automate A/R Collections, Payment Processing, and More

Pros:

The interface is well-made, and direct integration with major ERPs like NetSuite is big. The best feature, however, which made us pick Invoiced, is the high degree of flexibility as to the setup, customization, and ability to deploy custom CSS and scripting into a custom product for each user.

Cons:

The setup process is rather self-serve, though guided as well, and did take longer than anticipated.

Kyle
Assistant Controller in US
Computer Software, 201–500 Employees

Great product, great price

Comments: Still in the process of onboarding. Very impressed with the features, price, and support. It has been a lot of work to get it onboarding, some of that has to do with the complexity and size of our business

Pros:

So many of the available features will save our company time and money, and make our clients much happier and simplify their billing experience.

Cons:

Onboarding has been a long and difficult process. The onboarding team has been very supportive, but due to the size and complexity of our AR, there have been many issues to resolve before going live

Roman
Roman
Director in Canada
Marketing & Advertising, 11–50 Employees

Very Limited in customization and Canadian Businesses

Pros:

Easy to use interface. Nice portals for the customers to check out all of their invoices and pay them. I like the notifications of when someone viewed the invoice.

Cons:

-On recurring subscription, the only option to charge is ahead of the billing period. We charge our clients at the end of the billing period. For example, this month customers see the bill February 2020, even though it should be for January 2020. That becomes problematic when someone cancels the subscription and says they already paid for February. -No option to receive ACH payments from US clients for Canadian companies. If your address is Canadian the only clients that will see ACH options are in Canada. There is no ability to add another address even though we have an office in the US as well. -Quickbooks Payment Synching the Credit Cards Payments don't automatically sync in a proper way where you split the transaction between Stripe Fees and what you actually got to the account. Each transaction needs to be edited manually

Invoiced Response

4 years ago

Thank you for providing a review of Invoiced on Capterra! For any issues you encounter, please always feel free to contact our award-winning support team at support @ invoiced.com. Addressing your specific concerns, for subscription billing, you can definitely bill in arrears. We are more than happy to walk you through that configuration change. Regarding ACH payments, it's generally not possible for Canadian merchants to accept ACH unless you have a US domiciled bank account and a US entity. If you do have those, we can help enable ACH processing. Regarding QB payment sync, it shouldn't be necessary to edit each payment manually. While we don't perform reconciliation of credit card processing fees, you can record a monthly expense for aggregate processing fees instead of per payment that should make life much easier! Our mission as a company is to enable you to put A/R on autopilot, so we sincerely appreciate your feedback and hope these suggestions are helpful!

Jared
Financial Analyst in US
Information Technology & Services, 51–200 Employees

Many issues since the last update

Comments: Great until about a month ago when the new update seemed to complicate and make problematic the basic functions of the software.

Pros:

The ease of this software has been phenomenal. It is intuitive and well-designed. The automated chasing cadences have truly been so helpful as well as the Quickbooks and Lob integrations.

Cons:

We have had almost a major issue a week since the last software update a month ago. Very critical components like invoices not crossing over from quickbooks correctly and credit memos either left unapplied or extraneous memos crossing over have really messed with the ease of the A/R reconciliation. We have effectively had to rely entirely on quickbooks since the last update, and it seems like little has been done to remedy the issue (hours and hours in meetings with support over issues, and the fixes are all "manual"). There should be more customization to autopay - we should be able to set a DATE that the payments will be deducted from our customers enrolled instead of aging on invoices, since many times delays occur internally in posting invoices.

Peter
COO in US
Health, Wellness & Fitness, 2–10 Employees

Great Features and Attentive Support & Service

Comments: We have multiple i-frame/API integrations and they successfully helped our internal development team with these integrations. Their support is very responsive and is US-based. They are also HIPAA compliant which was not easy to find. Overall we are very happy with them.

Pros:

The team is very engaging and attentive. We needed a lot of customization to integrate the product with our web application and they worked hard to get us where we needed to be.

Cons:

It's not fully customizable, it's semi-customizable, so there are concessions to make if you need an integrated product. However this is reflected in the price, as they are much cheaper than most enterprise-level payment SaaS providers.

Bryan
Founder in US
Marketing & Advertising

Best option for recurring/subscription billing

Pros:

We love Invoiced because it has nearly the same features as the big players in the subscription billing space (namely Recurly & Chargify), but Invoiced does not charge a transaction fee. That's a big deal. We also love the flexibility of being able to handle one-off invoices, installment plans, and subscription billing. Many of the big players can't even do that.

Cons:

We would like a little more control over the design and layout of the hosted payment pages. Otherwise, we don't have any complaints.

Khoren
Marketer in Canada
Marketing & Advertising, Self Employed

I love how easy it is to use.

Comments: I can get invoices generated quickly and easily, I can look up reports on clients, and see stats very quickly.

Pros:

Invoiced provides a simple tool in order to charge clients for both one time invoices and recurring charges. I love how easy it is to use, and that it continues to automatically notify clients of declined payments, and tries to rerun the cards all on it's own!The support is super.if i need to know about a feature sometimes within minutes support answers.I did lots of research, and chose Invoiced. I highly recommend invoiced, particularly for subscription based services like mine where I provide marketing services.

Cons:

Would be nice to have video tutorials for the features and for first time users how to setup recurring cancel ,...but I got used to it after a while with their easy follow help.

Raphael
Payments manager in US
Marketing & Advertising, 201–500 Employees

INVOICED is a Game-Changer!

Pros:

User-friendly, Accounts Receivables focused, it's been an extremely useful tool for our department!

Cons:

Wish there was more integration support for SalesForce. Understand it's a work-in-progress.

Stacy
Director of Operations in US
Health, Wellness & Fitness, 11–50 Employees

Super easy to navigate!

Comments: My time back so that I can focus more on our clients.

Pros:

I appreciate Invoiced for making the most loathed part of my job super easy and efficient. I LOVE being able to link my clients into their accounts so that they can easily view invoices, update their contact and credit card information, pay invoices, etc...

Cons:

It would be super helpful if I could create a statement for my clients based on a time range selected rather than saving/sending each individual invoice. The reports are VERY basic. I am needing detailed reporting such as sorting through clients, products purchased and payment method in which they used. Then again, as I type this maybe their is a advanced option of invoice that I do not know about or haven't explored!?

Gerry
Accounts Receivable Clerk in Canada
Railroad Manufacture, 501–1,000 Employees

Invoiced Review

Pros:

Product is easy to use & learn. Gives all necessary information to keep customers an accurate view of their account.

Cons:

I don't like how the CDN & USD invoices are separate in the customer account. They should all be grouped together. Some of our customers are always looking for the PDF backup we attached to the invoice.

Alex
Vice President in Canada

I have been using Invoiced for two years now and I have been very pleased with it.

Comments: Great invoice generator tool. Easy to track invoices.

Pros:

Customer support is amazing. The website is very easy to use; the generated invoices look very professional. The catalog items are a time saver. The dashboard allows me to quickly identify late/unpaid invoices.

Cons:

I do not believe it supports internationalization yet (I need invoices in other languages than English). Also, each customer could have multiple addresses (ship to / bill to) with different taxes applied depending on the ship to. These features would be great to have.

Valerie
Website Dev in US
Internet, Self Employed

Go-to Invoicing for this consultant

Comments: The best invoicing software I found when I vetted everything.

Pros:

I've used Invoiced for several years now. They have released new features and improvements across that timeframe. The interface just gets better and better. The way clients can store credit cards and enroll in auto-billing is so easy that I've had several opt in. I used to have to send multiple emails to get paid and now every month, the invoices and payments go out automatically. It saves me a lot of time. Highly recommended.

Sterling
OPS in US
Marketing & Advertising, 51–200 Employees

Something to help Invoicing thats kind of better then QBO

Comments: we use it cuz we are this far in.

Pros:

Look and feel of invoices and the chasing abilities

Cons:

The connection with QBO is not as strong as it should be. Invoiced products don't tie to QBO as well, Payments made to QBO or Invoiced only seem to update once a day, subscriptions are not very intuitive, trying to do a one off bill to a subscription client is hard to note that it a 1 time thing.

Dereck
Audio Engineer in US
Music, Self Employed

Invoiced fits my needs perfectly!

Pros:

The site is minimalist and clean. Easy to use, I just have to add a customer and issue invoices, then wait for them to pay. If they don't pay within a specified time period, Invoiced reminds them or "chases" them until they do. I am really happy with the service.

Cons:

I can't really pick anything I like LEAST other than maybe it would be nice if it had a appointment scheduling services that lets you attach an invoice or group of invoices to a session.

Katalin
Founder in Netherlands
Capital Markets, 2–10 Employees

It is an amazing tool to keep an update on your outstanding invoice and collection efficiency

Comments: Credibility and short payment cycles. Cash flow management

Pros:

User interface super easy and beautiful. I love the reporting tools I generate quarterly 1 report to my accountant . Super easy and great overview.

Cons:

Integration with business banking accounts and credit cards would be the next step. Also the login and dashboard would be great if this could be switched on the whole day. Now logging in and out.

Tawana
Owner in US
Graphic Design, Self Employed

I have had a excellent experience with Invoiced.com. I can't imagine my business without it.

Comments: The ability to send customized invoices, professionally. It provides so many other benefits and is really jewel for business small business owners. I absolutely love it!

Pros:

It's user friendly. It provides reports and a few customizations. I haven't had any problems with it. I can link with with a payment system such as Stripe, etc without any problems.

Cons:

I wish there were more options available when it comes to options to a page besides, having it limited to plans only. I wish some of the catalog items that you are able to create show on the page options that you can create as well. Another addition, it would be good if you could add automated late fees. As far as the cost is concerned, it is okay. A little pricey but okay.

Danielle
Customer Data Manager in US
Renewables & Environment, 51–200 Employees

Very user friendly

Comments: I do not use the program as much as my colleagues but overall we are all satisfied with this product. Even though we've had some issues over the past year while using it, we have managed to solve the problems and continue to enjoy using Invoiced.

Pros:

Right now we are primarily utilizing Invoiced for storing customer information and billing. Personally, I like how user friendly and aesthetically pleasing the system is. Everything that I need to find and use is within three or four clicks away which makes everything so much easier.

Cons:

We have had a few glitching errors when it has come to the billing, and unfortunately, we have not had the greatest response time from the Invoiced team.

Ray
Director in Australia

The greatest invoicing tool ever created.

Pros:

Cost friendly to use - User friendly - Sends you an email when client has opened an invoice Has option to chase individuals who do not pay on time