15 years helping Australian businesses

About Onspring

Onspring's Audit software puts you in control of the entire IA process. User-friendly, easy setup & flexible to fit custom processes.

Learn more about Onspring

Onspring ratings

4.7
4.9
4.6
4.8

9.4/10

Onspring has an overall rating of 4.8 out 5 stars based on 76 user reviews on Capterra.

Have you used Onspring before?

Global Infosec Risk Manager in US
Financial Services, 10,000+ Employees

Straightforward and flexible

Pros:

The licensing model is simple and straightforward that allows for post-deployment flexibility and growth. This is very valuable in the SaaS space, as it becomes increasingly more complex. It comes with a lot of functionality built out of the box, but can be reshaped to fit most processes you can think up. The education and support from the OnSpring team is outstanding. They are truly partnered in understanding your problem and helping you build a solution to meet it. It's very easy to learn and use. Within a week of purchasing we were able to launch simple processes in the platform and realize immediate value. This was instrumental in gaining executive buy-in with the product, as most are burnt out on 6-12 month implementations before realizing an ROI.

Cons:

It misses some of the logic functions you see in more advanced platforms. The licensing approach can be a double-edged sword as you can't allow for read-only access without utilizing a full license. Feature releases are done roughly quarterly, which means there is a significant delay between when feature need is realized and when it's delivered. Lacks the functionality to build a public facing user portal. They use surveys to accomplish this, but they are unwieldy since the URL changes every time you update the survey.

2 years ago

Michael - Thank you for taking the time to post such a thorough review of Onspring. We take pride in our ability to fully deliver on customer needs and use cases. We also appreciate you providing input on functionality we could improve upon; this is invaluable to our product team, which is constantly looking for additional ways to add value and improve your experience.

Manger - Data Analytics in US
Telecommunications, 10,000+ Employees

Flexibility

Pros:

The product is quite flexible. It can be applied for a variety of use cases. Once you have your apps matured, reporting becomes streamlined.

Cons:

The interface for reports development can be a bit challenging at times. If you have a lot of fields in your apps, searching for them when building/filtering a report can be a struggle.

3 years ago

Michael, thanks for providing a review of Onspring. We really appreciate you taking the time to share your thoughts on what it's like to be a customer - and we are very happy to be your 'neighbor.' I'm going to take your 'report creation' feedback to our product team to discuss options on improving the experience. Thanks again!

US

I'm an internal auditor, daily user

Pros:

It's a good way to organize and retrieve audit workpapers. Multiple controls can be assigned to a single risk, so it's easy to build a usable risk library.

Cons:

There is a bit of a learning curve for new users, can be difficult to configure for individual needs. The stock software is very basic

6 years ago

One of the primary features of our product is how easy it is to configure for individual needs. Please reach out to our support team, who is always here to help.

Jennifer
Senior Director in US
Nonprofit Organization Management, 11–50 Employees

Highly Recommend Onspring

Comments: Overall, Onspring is a great platform - from my prior experience and in my opinion, it outranks Archer. Since our company is only able to use a subset of what the platform was built for and what Onspring offers, it has been difficult to justify the cost for our purposes.

Pros:

The ease of use is off the charts and the automated dashboards are visually effective when communicating to internal and external partners. In addition, Onspring offers a robust training program, free Friday tutorial videos, and have wonderful customer service.

Cons:

For small companies, the cost to help customize your instance or provide ad hoc tech support (10 hours or less) is prohibitive when the annual platform itself is already up there with the competition.

Drew
IT Audit Manager in US
Consumer Goods, 5,001–10,000 Employees

Best in Class Audit Management Software

Comments: Our team is able to work in a single system that includes all facets of their job responsibilities, including risk assessment, engagement planning, project management, and fieldwork. Reporting is streamlined and extremely easy to modify as needs change.

Pros:

Onspring is exceptionally easy to deploy and use with minimal training. The intuitive nature of the product and customizable functionality meant we were able to quickly spin up experiences for our internal auditors, managers, and business stake holders that are tailored to their needs and functions.

Cons:

Onspring uses a common text field functionality that, like almost all others that I am aware of, occasionally has issues in rendering copy/paste text from MS Word. This is not just an Onspring-specific issue and the Onspring editor does include a "clear formatting" button that fully addresses this concern.

2 years ago

Drew - Thank you for posting a thorough review on the Onspring platform and your experience utilizing our solutions to fit your organization's needs.

Daniel
Director of Internal Audit in US
Banking, 51–200 Employees

Review

Comments: I use this product for internal audit at the bank I work at. We store our workpapers in it for audits we perform. We do our risk assessment in it. We track findings and do our schedule in Onspring. We use it to maintain our list of key internal controls for COSO and document our testing of those controls monthly in this tool.

Pros:

The product is very customizable and easy to understand once you learn it is a relational database with a user interface of easy to understand charts/graphs on top of it.

Cons:

Mapping feature - this one is new but additional features to customize map overlays based on census tract information would be useful in mapping.

2 years ago

Daniel - Thank you for providing such a thorough review of Onspring. We truly appreciate you taking the time to post this and also appreciate your suggestion on the geographical mapping use case. Our product team will be looking into this!

Jon
IT Audit Manager in US
Oil & Energy, 1,001–5,000 Employees

Best Audit Software

Comments: I could not speak more highly of OnSpring's staff. All interactions have been great. Our implementer, [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN], has been the secret to our success, and we are very thankful for her!

Pros:

The OnSpring system is very customizable. The out-of-the box solution will lay the foundation for using the system for your audit department. From there, you can customize almost every functionality of the system to facilitate your processes.

Cons:

With the ability to customize the system comes complexity. You must analyze, design, and really understand your processes before you begin your implementation. Luckily, our OnSpring implementer is very knowledgeable of the system, as well as the audit profession, and she did a great job helping us make the system work as we needed.

GRC Technology Lead in US
Insurance, 10,000+ Employees

Flexible and Valuable GRC Platform

Comments: Enterprise risks, functional risks, vendor risks, controls repository mapped to unified compliance framework, controls testing, compliance tracking/reporting, service request management, model inventory management, asset management, and executive GRC reporting.

Pros:

Flexibility to configure base solutions and create completely new applications.

Cons:

Complex workflows are still difficult to configure and manage, but the workflow engine works great for straightforward review and approval workflow use cases.

8 months ago

John - Thank you so much for the thorough recap of your experience with Onspring. We truly appreciate your time and love having you be a part of our Onspring community.

Neil
Head of Procurement in Canada
Insurance, 501–1,000 Employees

All in one place

Comments: Honestly fantastic, support is incredible. Where else in your career have you seen, Procurement, Vendor Management, Compliance, Risk and IT Security all in one tool ?

Pros:

The Software is easy to use and to create new forms, dashboards and reports.

Cons:

At time the coding language shortcoming requires you to use inverse logic example instead of turn right, you have to turn left 3 times (equivalent to turn right)

2 years ago

Neil - We really appreciate you taking the time to write a review of Onspring. I love your quote about never before having procurement, vendor, compliance, risk, and IT all in one tool until you had Onspring. That is what our goal was when we started building the platform, so it is always great to hear that we are truly helping businesses move faster and easier. I need to dig into your coding language comment because my spidey-senses assume there is an easier way to achieve what you are looking to accomplish. I'll have your Customer Success Manager reach out to see how we can improve your logic methodology. Thanks again - really appreciate you.

Information Security in US
Hospital & Health Care, 1,001–5,000 Employees

Excellent GRC solution - Highly recommend!

Comments: Onspring is making our risk much easier to define and report. We previously had so many disparate processes and functions that it was difficult to report risk accurately.

Pros:

- Consistent improvement with new updates and releases- Everyone at Onspring is great work with- Ease of use- Out of box features

Cons:

- When delegating a survey to someone else, Onspring should dynamically update the email that goes to the delegate for you. It will send the email addressed to the initially assigned person unless you adjust it. Onspring allows you to adjust it, but it seems they should automatically update the name instead of keeping the original person's name. Adjusting the email could be easy to miss; therefore, you send an email to the delegate addressed to yourself.- The timeout function needs to be adjusted. It appears to let you continue your session, when it does not.

2 years ago

Thank you for taking the time to leave this review Chris - really appreciate your candor and feedback.

Rhonda
Compliance Officer in US
Financial Services, 201–500 Employees

Optimize efficiency with user friendly software

Comments: We use Onspring to manage and automate a number of our compliance processes including logs, compliance testing, audit testing, regulatory filings, pre-approval forms and workflows. We add new use cases to it every year.

Pros:

Onspring allowed us to create bespoke solutions that optimize our current processes and workflows. End-user adoption has been high and all users find the solution intuitive and easy to use with very little training. If you can read, you can use Onspring. I love the ability to continue leveraging the data we have in the system to create new time-saving solutions for little to no capital outlay. The system is incredibly flexible and if I miss adding a field that is needed for metrics or other purposes, I can add it myself and begin using it immediately. You truly can configure the system to do almost anything you would like it to. The Onspring platform is meant to be customized, so the applications work well and don't experience some of the problems that customization creates in other systems. The more you use the platform, the more ways you find to leverage it to save time.

Cons:

There is very little I do not like about the software. Quite often the features I hoped for to make administration or use of it easier are added to new updates. Quite often, I didn't even know that I wanted an upgrade to functionality until they create it and make the system even better than it already was. One downfall though is that infinite scrolling was added in the most recent update and it has slowed down my ability to get to the record that is needed. Rather than being able to click on page three of my dashboard report, I have to scroll and wait for the system to load the second and then the third page of results. Although I consider it a minor issue, there is no ability to define column size in reports, so dashboard reporting does not always use real estate as efficiently as I would like. Any other system limitations are easily dealt with through good design upon setup.

3 years ago

Wow! Thank you for such a great review! It's always wonderful to hear how easy it is for our customers to adjust their configuration of Onspring to fit their individual use cases and business needs. And we really value the transparent feedback on dashboard columns and infinite scrolling. This type of direct information is exactly what helps us refine enhancements for this year's product roadmap. Appreciate you taking the time to write this!

Becca
Risk & Compliance Technical Specialist in US
Insurance, 201–500 Employees

Best Bang for your Buck

Comments: Our company had left a previous provider due to issues with the platform and customer service. We've been blown away by the experience we've had after selecting Onspring.

Pros:

Out of the box options available and full customization options - we were able to decide how much time and effort to apply to customization before implementation. End users are happy with the ease of use. Management is happy with the reports and export capabilities. As an admin, the trainings Onspring conducts and the customer service Onspring provides is extremely helpful and this is, in my opinion, what really makes them standout.

Cons:

Some of the webinars they offer fall short, but the webinars are an added bonus anyway. Onspring provides an app to give feedback and request enhancements - so they're aware of areas to improve. They're transparent about if/when the enhancement will be considered or implemented!

2 years ago

Becca - You are the best. None of us at Onspring could ask for a better review description than "Best Bang for your Buck." We truly appreciate you taking time out of your day to post a review of Onspring. And appreciate your candor about webinar content - I'd like to follow up with you on this front to understand what we could provide that would be more beneficial in this area.

Michelle
PMO Consultant in US
Insurance, 5,001–10,000 Employees

Onspring fits your needs

Comments: I have had a fully immersed experience in Onspring. I came in knowing nothing and now i'm told (by Onspring support staff) that i'm one of the most experienced admins they have. It took less than a year to become a SME. Once you understand how to use the system and it's capabilities, it's pretty simple to use. It has given me the ability to automate so much more than I ever planned!

Pros:

Almost anything that I wanted to do, could be done. Even if I couldn't figure it out myself, the support staff would always find a way.

Cons:

I like that you can use multiple tabs while configuring/testing, but I hate that if you change one tab to test in a different role, then toggle back to another tab, all of the tabs have changed to that role.

Stephanie
Vendor Management Lead in US
Insurance, 10,000+ Employees

Excellent project and vendor management tool that has changed the way we operate.

Pros:

Onspring is easy to learn, use and customize to fit your business needs. We enjoy having the flexibility to utilize their off the shelf solutions, develop our own functionality or utilize a combination of the two. We primarily purchased the tool to manage projects, contracts and vendors but continue to expand scope and automate processes as we continue to learn of the tool's capabilities.

Cons:

I cannot think of anything at this time.

4 years ago

Thanks for the review! We appreciate the sharing of your Onspring experience.

Aaron
Sr Dir ERM and IA in US
Insurance, 201–500 Employees

Best in Flexibility and Use Case Solutions

Comments: Great service, cost, self administration, learning, community, complete package.

Pros:

It met us where we are in our maturity and is scalable as we grow and add use cases.

Cons:

Great improvements in visualizations, still growing there.

8 months ago

Thank you for leaving this review of your Onspring experience, Aaron. Glad to see the value you're experiencing.

Suzy
Sr. Systems Analyst in US
Gambling & Casinos, 10,000+ Employees

Onspring is a great choice for GRC software choice

Comments: Experience has been great, automating things that were previously done via spreadsheets and email.

Pros:

SaaS. Easily configurable. OOB apps require little customizations.

Cons:

Would like more out-of-the-box API's. The Portal is definitely an improvement for the user experience.

8 months ago

Suzy - Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a review of Onspring. We're glad you are having a good experience with the platform. Our product team is prioritizing integrations over the next 18 months, so expect big announcements soon!

Sarah
Sr. Internal Controls Analyst in US
Consumer Goods, 10,000+ Employees

Logical and User Friendly

Pros:

I like that I don't have to have a background in IT in order to be an effective administrator. The tool is easy to customize and adjust. I also love the fact that Onspring is con

Cons:

IT's hard to come up with a con. Any cons that I've had in the past have either been resolved or they were just superficial/insignificant.

2 years ago

Sarah - Thank you for taking the time to leave a review for Onspring. Always appreciate feedback, especially when it's great :)

Benny
Mrg, Technology Audit and GRC Program in US
Utilities, 501–1,000 Employees

No Code Solution

Pros:

No code configuration, user friendly, great features, and tech support.

Cons:

I have not found anything I don't like yet.

8 months ago

Short and sweet. That's how we roll, too. Thanks for leaving a review Benny - truly appreciate your role in our community.

Wholesale, 5,001–10,000 Employees

Great database

Comments: Fantastic to have all my information in the one place. The software is very fast and you can move quickly from one app to the other using the relationship database structure. This system has been very positively impactful for me.

Pros:

Very easy to set up a new application, upload excel information and write reports.

Cons:

It takes a bit of getting used to writing the more complex formulas which is closer to programming than excel but very powerful.

Meredith
Partner in US

Onspring is extremely versatile and easy to configure to your workflow

Pros:

The Onspring Platform allows companies to customize the software interface screens, process flow and reporting to their requirements without months of expensive custom development.

Cons:

The Platform is extremely flexible and if companies do not have a defined process, then the software will not optimize the process that should be implemented.

Mindi
Software Engineer in US
Financial Services, 5,001–10,000 Employees

Onspring is great!

Pros:

I love that investing a little time can fully/mostly automate process that previously used valuable associate time.

Cons:

You have to know what you don't know to find training.

8 months ago

Mindi - Thank you for sharing your experience of Onspring. And thank you for expanding a bit on your learning/training experience, this is helpful for our Learning Services and Customer Success teams.

IT Audit in US

Very easy to use and after comparing to competitors, Onspring is the best value for the money!

Comments: Ease of use, easily and highly configurable to the business needs and great value.

Pros:

As a first time Administrator of a SaaS, I have found it exceptionally easy to not only use but to configure! In rare instances that I find something difficult to navigate the Customer Support Staff responds in minutes. I've never waited more than an hour for assistance.

Financial Services, 501–1,000 Employees

Customer service aspect has been great. Still require some training but can see the potential.

Pros:

There are quick addition options for controls, risks and even time management. The other nice feature is the reporting customization. Any user is able to create a number of reports for their own use. Using the audit software tool has simplified the audit work paper creation and version control, the current favorite function is the auto creation of work papers.

Cons:

Currently, producing an auto audit report does requires some editing on the end user side. Also, I would like to see dynamic linking. If I update a control I would hope (dream) that the associated control links would also update. The tool does require a bit of customization to get the product to suit the end user needs.

Ashley
IT Assurance Analyst in US
Insurance, 1,001–5,000 Employees

Onspring Review

Pros:

The capabilities that Onspring provides to users are vast. When set up properly, a dashboard can tell a story that many other solutions can not achieve.

Cons:

The complexity and learning curve required to set up the software how you want/need.

2 years ago

Thank you for leaving us a review Ashley. Our Customer Experience team offers multiple training sessions throughout the year, including quick-hit 30-minute sessions on Fridays to get better acquainted with the new features and functionality of Onspring. If you ever feel like you need extra support, please reach out to us so we can help!

Glen
US
Used the Software for: Not provided

Simple Setup, Great Follow-up

Comments: Once I got the system setup it became easier for me to get everything done because it was all automatic!
They followed up soon after to make sure I understood it all and made me feel more at ease!