• Overall
    4.7 /5
    4.7 /5
    4.8 /5

About Booqable

The all-in-one rental software that makes running a rental business faster and more efficient.

Learn more about Booqable

Showing 25 reviews of 109

Chris H.
Leisure, Travel & Tourism, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 01/02/2020

"Best system on the market"

Comments: Stress free compared to other systems. It covers everything you need to manage products and is very intuitive to use.

Pros: Ease of use and having thing required for my business.

Cons: That it is marketed so well, I fear my competition may start using it.

• Reviewed on 01/02/2020
Christopher G.
Managing Member
Media Production, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 25/01/2020

"Booqable Helps us organize our rental business"

Comments: It has been a good experience as our business grows. We really need the package integration and faster customer support (it has been promised to us for almost 2 years) Overall it has been an easy to use flexible program and we do like it.

Pros: I like the cloud application allowing us to use it anywhere on any device. We use it on iPads on the rental floor, laptops and desktops on our network. The tracking is good for knowing what gear is available or not. generating invoices, quotes, etc are very well done.

Cons: Needs much better integration for package creation. We offer items both individually and as part of a package with extremely high values ($100,000+ per package) and we need to be able to track every component of a package separately. We hate losing a small piece that may cost $1000 or more and we didn't have it barcoded in separately on a check out. Also it has a hard time integrating with Quickbooks and other accounting software. This would be a big improvement. We also want it to have different levels of user interface. We don't need the rental prep techs to see pricing but want them to be able to check in and out gear.

• Reviewed on 25/01/2020
Lee W.
  • Reviewed on 20/03/2020

"Affordable Solution with Webstore, Barcodes & Very Cool to Use"

Comments: My experience has been excellent from setting it up, to processing orders & the service team is very responsive.

Pros: Online store was a must. There's very few affordable packages that do this so that really narrowed the field which is surprising because it's 2020 not 2005. It's very easy to use, looks modern, is easy to read & works the way you expect. Barcoding is a great feature. The Pro subscription has unlimited products & 5 users which is just right for our company. My warehouse manager loves it too. Support has been excellent & I was able to integrate it with my Wordpress site.

Cons: The only minor thing was that I was limited in what fields I could import & can't modify products in bulk but that's only an issue when you first set it up.

• Reviewed on 20/03/2020
Jeremiah M.
Medical Devices, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 27/05/2020

"Life Saver"

Comments: It was definitely tough to get setup and had to learn a lot BUT now that it is setup I love it. I make the recommendation to all the other franchises out there to use this system. I use the Stripe integration as well and that's been pretty great. I have a "wish list" in the other part of my review but that will only make what I already have that much better.

Pros: I have my whole team using this and have actually coached other franchises on how to use it as well. Once it is set up then it's fantastic. I have accidentally double booked myself and was SO SURE I hadn't but the system stopped me. After I got done cursing out the software I had to apologize - it was right and I was wrong :( HAHA but that's what it is there for!

Cons: I wish delivery services were more integrated and flexible. I also would love a contract signature plugin like Docusign or something. We have to use and track that separately and it would be great to have it on the reservation level. The online booking calendar is a bit rough from the user standpoint. I wish there was an app as well instead of the mobile version on your phone. Lastly, I wish it integrated with google calendars better than the Zapier option to create calendar invites for deliveries or pickups. We do service and installation of products as well so we can't exclusively use the booqable calendar for our drivers or we might double book a service and a rental at the same time.

• Reviewed on 27/05/2020
Dean R.
Food & Beverages, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 17/10/2018

"Incomplete"

Comments: I am in Canada. Booqable is in the Netherlands. If you are not online with them by 10am, it is the end of the day for them and you wait for the next day. I asked about this and was told it was a small team and be patient. Some chat inquiries, even during the normal business hours for them, can take a hours to get a reply. It seems to me that they either have too few people for the business they have, or there are too many issues with the app and everyone needs support all the time. In the end, after months of work, I had to cancel and start again with another app.

Pros: The idea of what this software can do is appealing.. it seems to include all the features needed for a clean integration with Shopify, for example. The online booking and payment capture is slick and simple.

Cons: Unfortunately, this app is simply not fully functional, and the discovery of that came at a very high price. My application involved listing products for rent, setting up the pricing, time frames, images, descriptions, etc. Then it went live, and only then (3 months of work) did I learn that the client interface is incomplete, and does not work. Essentially, each online order would need to be manually edited and reworked, so the value of the automation is completely lost. Clients cannot create an account, and I cannot therefore define their deposit parameters, or any parameters. This means your best clients are subject to the same strict rules that your first-time clients are, and there is no way around it. I was told that updates are in the works, but I asked why these features would appear in the app if in reality they were not operational. The reply is that we are working on it... next year, it should be better. Next year? Show me a business that pays full rate, gets partial service, and is prepared to just hang on to "next year" as the time frame for completion...

• Reviewed on 17/10/2018
Julie K.
Recreational Facilities & Services, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 09/06/2019

"Easy to use and manages all our needs"

Comments: The system does a great job ensuring we do not overbook our products. It's very easy to see what we have reserved, picked up, and available. Entering new reservations is fast - this is very important when you have someone on the phone or standing in front of you as a walk in. Searching for availability is also very quick - again important during busy times.

Pros: I researched many different applications to support our growing rental business. We rent a combination of Golf Carts, Kayaks, Paddleboards, bikes, and games. This system was by far the easiest to implement and use, and the price is very good. I ran this system in dual with our older method and within 2 weeks of testing, completely switched over. We are in our busiest time right now and the system is running like a champ.

Cons: There is no immediate support option. Support can take a few hours to respond. Fortunately, we have had no technical issues, only questions that were not urgent.

• Reviewed on 09/06/2019
Keith S.
Events Services
  • Reviewed on 28/06/2018

"Feels like it was made for me"

Comments: Rental inventory management, tracking and online rental portal administration

Pros: Booqable was straightforward to set up and flexible enough to cover most of our needs - the trial period was generous enough for me to learn my way around the interface and get most of my inventory entered, so I effectively didn't even pay for Booqable until after I started making money with it. Plus, it's very affordable compared to other inventory management products, and those don't even have the online booking capabilities. Booqable is easy to use and improving all the time as the team adds new features. My personal favorites are the reusable pricing structures that make it easy for me to implement the structure I've been using offline for 20 years, and the flexibility of integrating Booqable with my existing website to make it show up the way I want my customers to see it. Booqable has also been very reliable. The only time I saw any system downtime, it was very short-lived and Booqable provided status updates so I knew what the problem was and that they were working on it. Love the transparency.

Cons: Booqable doesn't handle everything I need it to yet, there's still a couple features missing to handle some of my oddball, fringe rental items. That being said, the team at Booqable is very easy to communicate with and have tipped me off that the last couple features I need are being worked on right now, so hopefully soon I can update this review to reflect that.

• Reviewed on 28/06/2018
Sales, marketing en communicatie
11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 04/07/2018

"Overall a very good and intuitive rental program at an affordable price with great support."

Pros: It's very inuitive and easy to use. It has almost all the features you need to address your needs when it comes to equiment rental. The UI is clean and the program gets updated regulary. Booqable is the perfect tool for our rental operations. Although a stand alone application would be nice, we don't really miss it. The webbased version allows us to service customers, even when on the road. It's the best buy on the market if you are renting stuff.

Cons: Nothing that prevents us from working with Booqable, but there are some nice-to-haves that we would appreciate, such as the possibility to pull a list with all products that will leave on a certain day, so you can prepare all the goods in advance, without having to print each and every picking list individually.

• Reviewed on 04/07/2018
Joshua K.
Business Supplies & Equipment, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 30/05/2019

"This is exactly what we needed!"

Comments: It is very user-friendly, easy to use. I can see they put so much thought in, and do know how the renting business works. If you look for a software that provides all-in-one service with a reasonable fee, this is IT!

Pros: I like how easy it is to use. It is very straight-forward, user friendly.
We had a small training session about how to use, and all agreed that it was very easy.
Also, we can communicate with the assistant easily, so that we can solve the problem within a day.
We chose this, because it was actually prettier than other service. I literally looked into all the software I can possibly find in capterra, and this was what we really wanted. Thanks!

Cons: One thing I can think about is that the company is based on Netherland, so after around 1 PM in US time, you should wait until next day. But, they always explained well on time, and next day I come to work, there are answers in my email. So it should be fine. Another one I noticed was that in mobile version, when you add one into your cart, you actually have to click 'X' exit button to go back to the original page, Which some friends should get confused. Hope this one can be adjusted soon.

• Reviewed on 30/05/2019
Ryan T.
  • Reviewed on 25/09/2018

"Nothing comes close."

Comments: I've looked around for a while to find something that I could use with my hire company that has around 150 products. I couldn't find anything that was web based, and would actually integrate with my website for online ordering. Seriously, how is that not one of the biggest factors for software like this? Booqable is amazing. Surprisingly customizable, and works so well. The Zapier integration alone is worth the cost of admission....it opens up a gateway to so much automation, something crucial in a labour intensive industry. Overall, I think Booqable is destined to be the leader in this niche as antiquated and expensive hire system struggle to keep up with the development of this platform. And the price! It's too cheap. I'd seriously pay 4 times this price if it meant we had some more features. Thanks guys, keep up the amazing work.

Pros: - Zapier Integration (nobody else has this, and it's a game changer)
- Wordpress embed ability
- Online store integration
- Email response integration
- Price
- Great customer support
- Fast, responsive, reliable, clean

Cons: - Lack of bulk product modifications once uploaded
- Custom fields can't be Zapped (I realise this could be a bit tricky to make happen)
- No auto-redirection on checkout completion (to help with conversion tracking for Adwords/Facebook etc)

• Reviewed on 25/09/2018
Sean J.
Designer
Mechanical or Industrial Engineering, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 20/06/2019

"A clean, easy-to-use, rental solution"

Pros: The streamlined UI of Booqable is what sold us the most. We've looked into several other solutions that were overly complicated. With Booqable, we're confident that we can place this in the hands of anyone at our organization and they would be able to pick it up within a few hours. Booqable also has most of the features that we were looking for in a rental solution. And with the option to integrate with Zapier, some of the gaps in functionality can be filled. Also, the customer service has been great so far—even with our timezone difference.

Cons: I know this feature is coming so I'm not taking major points off—but as of writing this review, there is no way to bundle or package items. There is a workaround for that, but it involves a human touch which has the potential for errors. But once the package feature arrives, I think Booqable will be perfect for our use. Also, it seems the software was built for in-store rentals in mind. Our company mostly ships our rental equipment so it would be great if shipping features were added in the future. Though with custom form inputs and Zapier integrations, I'm sure we'll find a workaround.

• Reviewed on 20/06/2019
Rozlyn S.
Entertainment, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 23/11/2020

"Booqable"

Comments: Excellent. I couldn't operate my business without it

Pros: Able to manage all my rental items with ease

Cons: Cant edit the product descriptions is my only gripe

• Reviewed on 23/11/2020
Justin M.
Broadcast Campus Production Pastor
Religious Institutions, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 04/10/2018

"Great, basic rental software"

Comments: It's a great product for the simple process we are working to implement. We are using it to help resource events our church has. I would totally recommend it to anyone who asks me.

Pros: I really like that there is an online store function built right in. For us, we are trying to manage a production inventory at our church, so allowing ministries to select what they need online, it generates a pull sheet, with all relevant data, and we make it happen.

Cons: It's still pretty basic. It doesn't allow for us to divide things into sections (AUDIO, VIDEO, LIGHTING). It also doesn't do packages that reference existing products, like a Sound system package that includes all the cables and speakers. There are work arounds that are having it work for us, but those features would be awesome.

• Reviewed on 04/10/2018
Steve C.
head of audio
Entertainment, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 08/09/2019

"the best software for audio visual rental companies"

Comments: It really helped me use my time and resources in a new company from the word go

Pros: So easy to use, Easy to setup learn and use. Customer support also is really great.

Cons: nothing to dislike at all about this software

• Reviewed on 08/09/2019
Nicole C.
Automotive, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 25/06/2020

"Booqable - My Lifesaver"

Comments: Getting used to it more everyday. It's really great for our business to keep us organized!

Pros: Calendar/scheduling feature works great. Intuitive to navigate. Colorful and organized. Great, helpful, responsive support staff

Cons: Steep learning curve to get set up. I wish there was a way that the dashboard page could be printed for all customer profiles (especially their addresses) with one button, insteaed of going into individual profiles to print

• Reviewed on 25/06/2020
Hannah D.
Design, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 24/01/2020

"Love!"

Comments: Booqable is overall, super helpful and organized! I love how easy it is to use and I would recommend it to anyone!

Pros: I don't know what I would do without Booqable for my rental business. It keeps me organized and the Booqable support answers all of my questions immediately, they are AMAZING!

Cons: I wish you could post more images on each product, they had a place for people to sign and packages. I have made these suggestions and they have been amazing and they are ALWAYS adding new additions to this already AMAZING product!

• Reviewed on 24/01/2020
Carolyn P.
Owner / Planner
  • Reviewed on 07/10/2018

"Helpful Beyond Belief!"

Comments: Booqable has quickly and easily helped us better know our numbers, track item history, take security deposits, made pulling and returning items easier and faster, and given our clients more peace of mind having photos next to the line item and specific quantity of what they'll be receiving.

Pros: I own a decor rental company, and Booqable has improved our processes significantly! Now we don't have to manually track each individual item in our inventory on a spreadsheet! The option to have packing list, take security deposits, and link the store to my website have been enormous time savers, and the reports help us know our numbers!

Cons: I added each individual product before realizing I could turn on item variations. I would also like to be able to switch items between tracking individual items in a category or bulk items.

• Reviewed on 07/10/2018
Arnas Z.
CTO
Retail, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 17/07/2019

"Very intuitive software with best support team!"

Pros: Easy to use. Intuitive. Very good design. I like the localization possibility and custom CSS for documents.

Cons: Threre is no app for android or IOS. Everything else is very good.

• Reviewed on 17/07/2019
Bernd d R.
Ceo
Consumer Services, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 26/05/2019

"Very good booking software"

Pros: Modern frontend
Easy to learn
Payment included
Friendly and fast customer support

Cons: A few standard features (ie basket for bikes as options) missing
A little pricey

• Reviewed on 26/05/2019
Sebastian C.
Construction, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 08/09/2018

"Great simple easy"

Comments: we used to work on a software developed by us in Zoho, it was not stable, now with booqable is very secure

Pros: easy to use, the online store is easy to understand

Cons: not in spanish so we have to work in english

• Reviewed on 08/09/2018
Carlos A.
Transportation/Trucking/Railroad, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 11/01/2020

"Great software to keep track of unique goods"

Pros: It has a timeline where you can see how long the product has been in rental and when it will be available again

Cons: In order to have some functional features you need to upgrade, the price increase for the plans is way higher. It does not support multi-locations

• Reviewed on 11/01/2020
Entertainment, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 10/09/2018

"Booqable 30 day Trial"

Pros: The ease of use was amazing. I was able to just start poking around and understand how it works within a few minutes. Also love that it auto populates a picture of your product when you are adding it to your inventory.

Cons: Possibly a little TOO simplistic...but I don't feel I can say that for sure yet as I'm still digging into all of it's features...really nothing I don't like yet.

• Reviewed on 10/09/2018
Steve C.
Live Sound Engineer
Media Production, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 04/11/2018

"Quickest and Most easy software to get up and running"

Comments: This software has helped me to get up and running so quickly that there was almost no learning curve involved.

Pros: Ease of use. Layout of the user interface

Cons: setting up of default values like default pickup and pickup times

• Reviewed on 04/11/2018
Deborah P.
Recreational Facilities & Services, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 22/03/2020

"I love the design. It's streamlined and easy to learn."

Comments: Great support.

Pros: It has a fresh, clean look. It's streamlined and organized.

Cons: It doesn't integrate with Moneris and you cannot categorize items in web shop.

• Reviewed on 22/03/2020
Travis B.
Creative Director
  • Reviewed on 06/05/2019

"Slick and better than anything else on the market"

Comments: Very good experience so far.

Pros: Booqable has a slick but simple interface, all the features my client needed to set up an online rental marketplace, and excellent customer service. The documentation is quite good, and their staff were readily available to answer questions and walk through areas where I got stuck.

Cons: As with most new software, there's a learning curve and it took me a while to understand how to properly set up the unique parameters of my client's rental products.

• Reviewed on 06/05/2019