• Overall
    4.7 /5
    4.7 /5
    4.8 /5

About Quire

Quire is a collaborative project management tool for organizing tasks in a unique nested task list, Kanban board and Timeline view.

Learn more about Quire

Shimon S.
Head of Design and Production
Computer Hardware, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 23/04/2018

"Wish I found this sooner"

Comments: Most of my project are freelance and project based, so i require a project management platform that will allow me to manage several projects for more than one organization. I had been using Trello for this and whilst it has served be well, it does not have a good structure for organizing tasks and making sure they are followed up, in that sense its a bit too informal. Quire bring structure to the tasks and a simple interface that bring focus to clarity to the project.

Pros: From the moment I first started using it, everything just worked the way it should, incredibly intuitive, none of the bloating or over complicated functionality that other project/task management platforms suffer from. For me the killer feature it the 'tree structure' approach to task management, this is how it should be done, take a big task/project and break it into smaller and smaller manageable tasks. Each subtask has the same feature set as the main task which is exactly how it should be done because why should any task have less importance. The interface is clean and functional, everything is where is should be, it just works. You have Organizations, then projects, then tasks, which is a great way to organize things, especially if you are freelance like me and do projects for a number of different organizations. I am a long time trello user, and for anything looking for an alternative that does more than just kanban, this is for you, it will allow you to really structure tasks and make sure they are followed up.

Cons: No Kanban is going to be a big negative for many people, but apparently that is coming soon. Interface might be too simple for some people, or perhaps lacking features such as chat, message board, rich text markup, etc etc, but that could be seen as a good thing by others. Pricing has not been released either, that is something to be concerned about , especially if you invest time in adopting this platform but then it turns out to be overpriced. That is probably my biggest concern at the moment as features can be added all the time, but pricing can be a deal breaker.

• Reviewed on 23/04/2018
Dianna S.
Cosmetics, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 08/05/2019

"Simple task software"

Pros: Clean, open spaces, no clutter. Connected with Gmail easily

Cons: This software has no templates,. It is a very basic task software

by Potix on 10/05/2019

Hi Dianna,

I'm really sorry to learn that you didn't think Quire is a suitable tool for your business. Actually, we do have reusable templates on Quire. Also, most of the critical task software features are available on Quire, such as nested to do list to help you break down big goals into achievable tasks, Kanban board to help you get focused on what really matters in a short period of time, real time collaboration that allows work with teammates and always stay in sync, etc.

We still hope that in the future, you might consider give Quire another try and let us know what you think :) Have a wonderful day!

The Quire Team

• Reviewed on 08/05/2019
marketing coordinator
  • Source: GetApp
  • Reviewed on 20/05/2020

"Best To-Do list app!"

Pros: One of the best project management apps I ever used. They have countless of features, but here are the ones that I love the most:
• Clean interface: know for their minimalism style and is built around the GTD method.
• Easy collaboration: A simple link that you can share with others.
• Kanban board
• Task Reminders
• Webpage+mobile app quick sync: They provide offline syncing.
Another huge plus is that they're completely free. No upgrade needed!

Cons: They don't have a Gantt Chart. Hope they're working on it! It's quite important for bigger teams because we need to keep track of individual tasks.

• Source: GetApp
  • Reviewed on 20/05/2020
Head of Business Development
  • Reviewed on 16/08/2018

"If you're getting started - don't look elsewhere"

Comments: I'm mostly occupied with multiple projects and Quire has given me a way to simply put it across and visualize and switch between them. This simplicity is why I am a fan. Also - I trust the team is up for great work and I'd like to stick around and be a part of their success.

Pros: I've used quite a few project management tools but nothing come close to Quire when it comes to simplicity and beauty. But don't be mistaken, it is simple yet very powerful. They have got amazing features to keep a track of your tasks with a detailed history under every project. There is also a convenient shortcut instructions reminding you of the keys to get things done quickly, and in the process, making you use to the entire Quire experience. I rely on collaboration a lot in my projects, and Quire has a beautiful way of messaging and allocating tasks and keeping track of them. Also - love the night mode! The team is also very eager to learn from your feedbacks. Crystal have reached out to me multiple times checking on my feedbacks and also updating on when I can expect certain features I find missing - that is really impressive for a company bound to grow.

Cons: When I initially started using it, I found the important piece missing was to visualize my tasks, they have now added that as well with Kanban coming in! But what I'd even more appreciate about is perhaps a few important integrations like Google Calendar. Also, not sure if they have plans to release a web-app tool for MacOS.

• Reviewed on 16/08/2018
Sviluppo Progetti
Nonprofit Organization Management, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 31/10/2018

"Great, minimal and very useful!"

Comments: I find myself very well with the quick approach of the creation of the task, both in the list view that board (clearly the inclusion of the task in lost, especially thanks to the tree mode is really fast, also excellent possibility to paste a text and convert it in single or multiple tasks I find myself very well, I hope they never change but always improve, leaving the possibility to have a dignified and democratic free plan, useful for those who do not have to make projkect management his job, but do not want to die in front of a "planned" limitation

Pros: Task tree, minimal, ability to customize with formatting and colors both tasks and descriptions, perfect switch between view list and board. At the moment the plan is totally free, I hope they do not fall into the same mistake as their competitors who will cut out the small non-profit groups that can not afford to pay such large sums (the competitors, as well as the programmed obsolescence, ride the threshold between a free useless tool and an honorable pro tool).
I hope that the free version will remain identical to the current one and the pro will have additional features

Cons: More than cons, I hope that the boards will no longer be in a drop-down list but viewed horizontally just like multiple excel sheets, in which there will be the various Kanban dividers (to do - on gong - complete). The chat section, which they call comments, is not very convenient. it would be useful to have it detached

• Reviewed on 31/10/2018
Rômulo F.
Supervisor of design and media development
  • Reviewed on 05/03/2018

"It is a simple, complete and free system."

Pros: Quire offers a simple, unrestricted and intuitive interface based on the task tree idea. You can add hierarchical task lists without any type of constraint, and you can track deadlines, people in charge, teams, priorities and workflows. In this way, quire.io adapts easily to any production reality, regardless of its characteristics. Unlike other complex rules-loaded systems, quire.io gives users the freedom to set their own rules according to the characteristics of the institution or the production flow.
High costs for all this? Additional payments at the end of the month? High prices for each user?None of this. The quire is free and entitled to iOS and android apps. Periodically we are surprised with new features.

Cons: The quire has some limitations when it comes to filter or crossing information between different projects.

• Reviewed on 05/03/2018
Substitute Teacher
Writing & Editing, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 05/11/2018

"Quire (hey, I get the name now!)"

Comments: So far so good!

Pros: Quire makes team collaboration a lot easier. Where other collaboration software focuses on getting the project done, Quire focuses more on the actual team dynamic and requirements. It's basically one giant, collective to-do list in one place. I can just log into my computer every day and see what needs to get done, and if I need someone else to do something, I can just attach their name to the task in the list. Very handy!

Cons: Learning how to use Quire took a little longer than I would have liked, but after working on a few projects with it, I got the hang of everything. A more comprehensive tutorial would work wonders.

• Reviewed on 05/11/2018
Wayne V.
Cyber Security Analyst
Computer Networking, 10,000+ Employees
  • Reviewed on 19/12/2018

"The best so far"

Comments: I'm using it for whole life organization; both personal life and professional life. It's proved successful at managing daily tasks as well as large work projects. There are a couple of features that could use improvement, but the developers seem very responsive.

Pros: Infinitely nestable lists. Why does no one else do this?!? These kinds of deeply nested lists are just how my mind works when it's trying to break down big projects. The downside is usually that list becomes unwieldy, long, and hard to look at. Not in Quire! You can fold and unfold tasks so you can more easily navigate the list and see items on the same level. An even bigger surprise and one that I had never even thought of was the ability to "zoom-in" to any task and just see it's children...brilliant!

Cons: I guess the lack of a timeline (like in Asana) or some other kind of Gantt chart. But really, I have not seen a single product where I can view a task in a list, on a board, on a calendar, *and* on a timeline. So it's not like they are behind anyone else.

• Reviewed on 19/12/2018
Christiana F.
Social Media Manager
Photography, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 19/10/2019

"Intuitive & User-Friendly Management Software"

Comments: If you're looking for a management software that's easy to use, easy to understand and saves you time, Quire is a great option!

Pros: Quire is a thorough project management software, while also remaining clean and simple. It's user-friendly and offers multiple ways to view your current tasks, which is helpful when team members all prefer different ways of tracking their tasks (i.e. list view, board view, etc.). Quire also allows you to create templates for repeating tasks or projects which saves a lot of time! Collaboration and communication on Quire is fairly easy- will be even better once you're able to customize which notifications to receive.

Cons: As of now, Quire does not have a desktop app so you need to use it on the web, which is not the most convenient. Also, their mobile app notification settings are very limited- I'd like to be able to customize my notifications so I see what's most important to me and not be bogged down by misc. notifications.

• Reviewed on 19/10/2019
Sven B.
Technical Director
Automotive, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 27/09/2018

"intuitive, uncomplicated and well thought through"

Comments: Me and my team have tried out several paid and free project management softwar options. We found that for most options the design was very comprehensive and proved to be too difficult to handle especially when trying to create and execute smaller tasks. We were pleasantly surprised when we tried Quire since we knew what to do almost instantly rather than taking several hours to work our way through. This way we can manage our project more effectively.

Pros: - simple and intuitive design and structure
- no unnecessary features
- generally uncomplicated
- quick and efficient

Cons: all of the following shortcomings of the software are in our opinion comparatively small
- no quick way to make confidential projects invisible to participants within an organisation
- no way to stop an E-Mail from being sent to everyone in an organisation when creating a project in an organisation

• Reviewed on 27/09/2018
Rodrigo Y.
Consultor BPM - Business Process Management
11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 15/03/2018

"Easy, shareable, clean project and task list app."

Comments: Easily share how projects are developing from different areas of my company. The time spend on finding, modifying, creating, coming from a Kanban app was cut in half because the UX of Quire is pretty straight forward.

Pros: If you come from other tools, you will easily understand how Quire works. Specially because it has easy to access help guides and the CS team will prompt help with any questions on a board made to discuss what it can be improve .

Cons: At the beginning I was a bit frustrated searching for how to do something, and because the interface is so clean you can easily become upset - but reaching out for help was easy and welcoming.
If you are used to Kanban, maybe you wont enjoy the task list only view - you can, though, change and filter how you want the list to appear!

Joan M.
Freelance Writer
Writing & Editing, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 30/01/2019

"Terrific program for freelancers!"

Comments: I've looked at dozens of project management programs and none of them fit my needs as a freelance writer...until I found Quire! It's perfect for someone like me who writes columns for many different publications (in my case, newspapers)...yet some papers run one column a month, another paper runs two, every paper has different deadlines, and they all have different pay structures. Quire allows me to set up each newspaper as a separate task, then create sub-tasks and sub-sub-tasks under each one so I can keep track of what my deadlines are, when I should invoice, etc. It's simple enough that I had NO problem setting it up & organizing things, yet it's sophisticated enough to adapt to all my needs.

Pros: Everything, so far...especially the ability to set up task and sub-tasks.

Cons: There are no cons that I've been able to detect, so far!

• Reviewed on 30/01/2019
João marcos villela M.
Consultor de Gestão Estratégica
11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 28/03/2018

"The best task management tool ever! Clean and intuitive with nice iOS app."

Comments: Quire provides me a wonderful mindfulness control of my daily to-do lists and projects.

Pros: I have been using Quire for months. Controlling my work and my personal stuff. Also I have invited my girlfriend and we enjoy as a team organizing our whishes, accounts, task lists and life projects. By the way, she is a lover quire too. I strongly recommend quire for who wants stay mindfulless. :-)

Cons: I can not find anything to complain about quire. Because the tool delivers what they promesse. New features as a kanban view, mind map, calendar and integrations with zapier/IFTTT are anxiously expected by users. But the support and development team have already know about that.

• Reviewed on 28/03/2018
Michael P.
Coordinator
Education Management, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 18/02/2017

"Great for organisations with various teams/division highly intuitive handling"

Comments: As a non profit private school with parents cooperating in many teams to make possible an affordable operation of such an institution we were very happy to find this platform that enhances communication and fulfilling of tasks remarkably. There are very few features still missing which is absolutely not a reason for complaint about a free tool! AND: We are looking forward to further improvements announced by the absolutely fantastic customer support confident to add the missing two asterisks soon!
(Special bonus for us being in Austria: German user interface available!)

Pros: German user interface
intuitive handling
options to hierarchise tasks deeply

Cons: member limitation for organisations instead of account

• Reviewed on 18/02/2017
Rodrigo S.
Estágio em criação
  • Reviewed on 28/05/2018

"Everything I can ask for a management platform for teams, Quire provides with excelence."

Comments: Organization, review, overview of projects.

Pros: Right now it is free and full of features that other platforms offers but with a high cost.
I'm using this to organize my team.

Cons: There is no thing I dislike of Quire. I've searched a lot, used some other platform before and really enjoyed Quire.

• Reviewed on 28/05/2018
Mariano C.
Game Developer
Semiconductors
  • Reviewed on 08/09/2017

"Been using Quire as a way to list my development roadmap tasks in a visual way. So far no issues!"

Pros: I like that Quire is visually attractive and simple to use. I like that I can pretty much nest task infinitely since it works for my development roadmap needs!

Cons: When sharing my projects, users have to register an account to view my lists. This is a bit annoying!

• Reviewed on 08/09/2017
Chris L.
Senior Manager of Domains Database Development
Computer Software, 5,001-10,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 04/07/2017

"Great app, but still missing Android support"

Comments: All the things mentioned under "pros," especially good, simple collaboration.

Pros: Easy to use; easy to work with others; responsive and friendly support; no training required; and the interface is nice and clean.

Cons: Two years ago, they said "mobile" was their 1st priority, only to clarify later that they meant iOS only, and not mobile in general. Then last year, they said Android was their 1st priority, but we are halfway through 2017 and Android support is still a no-show. As a workaround, they will tell you how to run their site in a browser, but that doesn't work so well, as it means very basic functionality, such as push notification, is missing. This is why I've down-rated overall quality, features, value (even though it's free) and customer support (even though they are friendly) - there's very little value here for Android users, no matter how cheerfully they keep telling us it's their top priority.

• Reviewed on 04/07/2017
Jesse W.
Director, Design
  • Reviewed on 31/10/2014

"Fantastic software; great for layers of detailed tasks"

Comments: Quire was the perfect answer to manage a couple of UI audit projects that ended up having hundreds of tasks over dozens of different pages. The infinite nested tree structure made it easy to zone in to a specific section, and the added benefit of having description, attachment and comment threads PER INDIVIDUAL TASK made it that much more powerful. I've used other task managers like Wunderlist and Workflowy, but Quire had the right amount of speed, usability and enjoyable user interface to be the solution of choice.

• Reviewed on 31/10/2014
System administrator
Biotechnology, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 07/03/2019

"The beter system for Organize my life"

Comments: Very easy to organize my life

Pros: Freedom for planning my life. Thanks.

Cons: Nothing, the software is Very easy tô compreensing

• Reviewed on 07/03/2019
Dee C.
CG Technical Director
Animation, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 13/09/2018

"Quire as collaborative task management"

Comments: Support is awesome and pro-active. I'll be keeping an eye on Quire and switch to it as soon as custom fields will be available.

Pros: The overall simplicity is a pleasure, and the user experience (look, reactivity) is very pleasant.

Cons: There's a couple of features I miss (user fields, custom stat/report, API)

• Reviewed on 13/09/2018
Charlene H.
  • Reviewed on 29/10/2014

"Simple, fast yet extremely powerful"

Comments: Quire is everything we've been looking for! Simple, fast yet functional and full of pleasant surprises!

• Reviewed on 29/10/2014
Bella W.
Columnist
Writing & Editing, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 20/02/2019

"The best in the business when it comes to completing projects"

Comments: Quire is the best option for a deadline-driven job, with plenty of help and tools for the perfect time and expense management.

Pros: The simplicity and elegance of this program is amazing. The key to a great project is organization, and this app is perfectly tailored to the needs of any business with projects to complete.

Cons: I would love to see a log of completed projects broken down into weeks, months, years, etc. so that you could reflect on past accomplishments.

• Reviewed on 20/02/2019
Ken P.
Director of Post Production
Motion Pictures & Film, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 01/05/2019

"Great Tool For Keeping A Team Up To Date With The Latest Information"

Comments: We work in a business where we have to be on top of things, we can't make any mistakes, and quick / accurate delivery of elements to our clients is paramount. By using a project management system like Quire, we can have a visual status of our various projects, with up-to-date information, contacts and specifications, so we can move at a quicker pace with significantly fewer questions. The support for Quire has been great, with quick responses and excitement over adding new / different features that we have requested. They also "dog food" their software and use the actual Quire service for their FAQ and some support questions, so they know what works and doesn't work.

Pros: My team and I work in a high speed environment where keeping track of the latest information via emails, texts, calls and more is extremely hard. Quire has been a great tool for keeping the entire team up to date with all of the latest and greatest information. We don't want anyone to have to refer back to emails to see what is correct, so we make sure that we immediately update the project information in Quire and then everyone is on the same page. We set up a tagging system, so that our various clients and the various facilities we do work at each have a tag with a particular color. As we open up a new project, we will apply the correct tags, so we know at a quick glance who the important players are. This is especially useful as everyone on the team bounces around from project to project, so knowing who is involved and what job # to bill to is very important. Quire handles this all very well. Quire also allows you to attach small files, which is one the main features we use, and possibly the most important. We know that the latest spec sheet is in the project on Quire, so we don't have to search around for it. It keeps our artists on track and asking way fewer questions. Quire's sync is very good and updates very quickly when others make changes / updates. We use the web and iOS versions all day every day.

Cons: I feel like the searching functionality could be improved, so when you search for a particular name or client or job name, it only shows you the tasks that match your search. Right now, it only highlights matching tasks in a long list. It makes it too difficult to find a specific old job, so for instance you can copy information from the old job task to a new job task.

• Reviewed on 01/05/2019
Jefe de Proyecto Facturación Electrónica
  • Reviewed on 30/06/2020

"Nice software tracking tasks"

Comments: I have many projects with different teams and I can see dashboards for each team.

Pros: Is clean, you set up the dashboards you want. It is flexible for each user. You can build your dashboards

Cons: Integration with gitlab, maybe improve some reports. Improve in members page with links to go back.
Integration with SSO.

• Reviewed on 30/06/2020
Akshay N.
Software Developer
  • Reviewed on 15/03/2018

"Among the various task management software apps available, Quire is a gem!"

Pros: * Easy to use
* Can define a task along with all its attributes (tag, due date, assignee) in a single line without any mouse clicks
* Keyboard shortcuts (you don't have to use the mouse!)
* Markdown support (this is fantastic!)
* Search and filtering capability
* Tagging capability
* Can set priorities for tasks
* Can set due dates and set reminder times
* Can highlight text, color text
* Hierarchical management (organization, project, tasks)
* Ability to move tasks between projects
* If using in a team, easy to set assignees
* Extremely responsive customer support (5 stars)
* Feels very lightweight! (personal opinion)
* Can set 'In Progress' and 'Complete' for tasks
* Can attach local files and files from Google Drive
* Available on iOS, Android and Web
What am I missing??? :)
Oh yes! All this and yet it's Free! :)

Cons: Nothing comes to mind!
* Over time I'd like to see different ways of viewing the same data, for e.g. Kanban Style, Gantt chart etc.
* In addition to due date, I'd like to set the reminder time while entering a task itself.