Filter by:

• Overall

About Caspio

Caspio is the world's leading LOW-CODE platform for building online database applications without having to write code.

Learn more about Caspio

Eric T.
Financial Services, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 01/10/2021

"Caspio - create powerful web applications with little to no coding."

Comments: We collect data from a variety of customers and generate benchmarking analysis. We used Caspio to not only collect the data and manage the data process, but also have created a management backend to control our internal processed to create custom reports. The workflow capability automates a lot of work for us which has improved our productivity (for example, automatically sending status reports for review).

Pros: If you have a group of Access gurus, you can master Caspio. The applications allows you to take your database applications online very easily, but also provides a high degree of customization (using JavaScript, CSS, and HTML) to build full applications. We replaced manual, inefficient processes with online workflow-enabled applications in very little time.

Cons: There are very few features that I do NOT like. This is just a great application and we have used it to automate our remote processes, collecting data online and the management portals to run our business.

• Reviewed on 01/10/2021
Mark M.
Information Technology & Services, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 21/05/2020

"Caspio - Partners for The Long Term"

Comments: I've now been using Caspio for over 12years and have to say that, as a company, they've matured over that time. Customer support is definitely above average.

Pros: Speed of project development from idea to deployment is, for me, the number one attraction as a Caspio developer. You can try things out for real very quickly and ask clients for their thoughts/opinions as you go along. Caspio's low-code platform makes it possible for someone to provide robust, mission critical data-driven systems without having a background in coding.

Cons: I have very few issues with using Caspio and any that I have are either minor - or get resolved quickly.

• Reviewed on 21/05/2020
Ben T.
Transportation/Trucking/Railroad, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 20/07/2020

"Best Database Software on the Market"

Comments: We build ALL of our financial reports, safety & compliance reports, staffing reports, and more... We have an easy to use platform and we have moved up through various stages of use as we figured out more ways it could help our business. Now, we are POWER USERS with the full, unlimited package. We LOVE the software

Pros: I love Caspio because it is so easy to use. I work frequently with much larger companies, and they gush when they see how much power we have to manage our data with the Caspio platform!

Cons: I really don't have any real negatives. I love the ease of use, the customization, the data mining, and preset reporting.

Alternatives Considered: Google Workspace and Airtable

Reasons for Choosing Caspio: We just fell in love with the ease of use and the overall value provided by Caspio

Reasons for Switching to Caspio: Just liked the overall value and ease of use. We are very VERY happy with Caspio!

• Reviewed on 20/07/2020
Antonio S.
  • Reviewed on 15/12/2020

"Testing Caspio on a client project"

Comments: Unfortunately we are tied up in the app we created, but we are looking for moving away asap.

Pros: We started using Caspio a bit in hurry, developing a solution for a client over an already established budget. What we really do not like about Caspio is the lack of documentation that made our developer spending hours to understand its logic. On top of that several bugs that they didn't recognise took us in waste lot of time.

Cons: But ok, bugs is for everyone, what really is unacceptable is the total lack of support and collaboration. Not only they ask 250$ per hour to give you support, but every small thing that goes out of the plan they charge you inevitably. if you ask for some small difference they ask you to subscribe the next plan at 3 times the price. Then if you ask to negotiate they are not available. Once you are tied up with them they not only deliver less value, but they are rigid and unavailable to collaborate.

Alternatives Considered: Knack

Reasons for Choosing Caspio: Ninox couldn't support the amount of data and traffic required for this project

Switched From: Ninox

Reasons for Switching to Caspio: Probably wrong, decision?

• Reviewed on 15/12/2020
Dominique C.
  • Reviewed on 29/11/2019

"Living in the low-code age"

Comments: There is no doubt that Caspio allows you to create robust cloud applications very fast. As we have now entered the age of low-code and that the opportunity to have SaaS systems, that used to be reserved to large enterprise and government bodies, is now reachable to man small to medium size enterprises. In this respect, Caspio has played out an important and critical role by offering a reasonably priced and powerful platform to them.

Pros: Caspio is a very flexible tool for creating and maintaining SaaS systems for your company or for your customers. You need a basic understanding of relational database and how to work with them. Once you are there then, maybe after a few hours, you are ready to go. Everything else when it comes to creating queries and views, unless you want to create something unusual, is straight forward. Designing datapages is also quite easy and only requires a minimum of learning time. Publishing the datapages on your website is also excellent as Caspio offers different options for achieving it, depending on what web publishing tool you are using.

Cons: As we are doing solution prototypes using MS Access, we tend to upload the application database into Caspio to speed up the process when implementing a solution. The drawback with this method is that although we can upload tables and data, we cannot upload views. This is mostly due to the fact that Caspio does not handle views in the same way as MS Access, in fact not allowing a few functionalities such as calculated fields. Caspio, over the last few years, has come up with means of addressing this shortcoming by adding extra functionalities in database management.

• Reviewed on 29/11/2019
Gordon S.
Director of Research
Higher Education, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 13/11/2019

"Extremely Useful Resource"

Comments: We use Caspio to help distribute data, to inform stakeholders, to allow users to narrow results and answer their questions, and to hopefully allow for a stronger understanding of what we do (our business plan) and how we do that (our business model). Ultimately, as a public research university's academic program, we need to provide transparency and accountability.

Pros: Ease of use, ability to develop skills within and while using the software. Online tutorials (including YouTube videos/projects) are very helpful.

Cons: Some of the definitions for associations between fields (e.g., cascading listbox...) can at first leave a new user uncertain about how the form or data-page will function.

• Reviewed on 13/11/2019
Jennifer V.
Executive Director
Nonprofit Organization Management, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 14/05/2020

"Incredible value - We came to try it out, and now it's been 6 years"

Comments: We thought we would build a proof-of-concept on Caspio but ended up building a platform that has served us (and thousands of nonprofits through us) for 6 years. I could not recommend more highly for start ups, nonprofits and others starting on a shoestring and that want to prove a concept before spending big development dollars.

Pros: We created a nonprofit that connects people with donations to organizations that need them. For that, we needed a database. With no budget, we were able to launch. With no IT background, I was able to get started from the tutorials and with helpful staff, have updated and upgraded over the years.

Cons: Starting out without technical experience, it did take some time to learn, but we started with the free plan and it was an incredible value - worth the time investment to learn. There with challenges that the architecture we built as we wanted to grow and change. The Caspio support team has helped us solve many of those with creative workarounds.

Nepal P.
Events Services, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 15/05/2020

"Digital Transformation out of the box!"

Comments: It's great. We manage millions of records and have started to revert from an in-house data warehouse to Caspio as it provides no code administration, and a secure layer a data protection we don't have to strategize around.

Pros: Drag and Drop table relations gives you deep data mining capabilities, and the datapage wizard allows easier setup of a search interface but allows complex customization in later stages. #1 win for us is the secure surrounding caspio offers our data.

Cons: limited ability to build on an iPad. That would be very useful for on the go adjustments and configurations.

Alternatives Considered: Zoho Creator

Reasons for Choosing Caspio: Flexibility, No-Code Administration, Same day deployment and secure worryfree infrastructure.

Reasons for Switching to Caspio: Application resilience and data handling capabilities.

• Reviewed on 15/05/2020
William M.
IT Support
Human Resources, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 21/10/2020

"Great software for a company supporting remote work"

Pros: We converted our custom Visual Basic & SQL database system when we made the determination 5 years ago to stop renting office space and have everyone work from home. Caspio allowed us to replicate that legacy system and totally get rid of our servers required to support that system. Currently, we have no infrastructure for any IT services, it is all "cloud" based.

Cons: We did lose some of the functionality we enjoyed with Visual Basic. However, after figuring out as many work arounds as possible, we do not miss that functionality anymore.

• Reviewed on 21/10/2020
System Analyst
Construction, 1,001-5,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 29/09/2020

"Rapid Development"

Pros: Caspio is easy to learn and changes mangement is pretty easy with caspio version history.

Cons: form design: CSS needs improvements , asyncroonous form submission and file upload, etc.

Alternatives Considered: Airtable

• Reviewed on 29/09/2020
Dinesh M.
Research operations manager
Computer Hardware, 10,000+ Employees
  • Reviewed on 28/05/2020

"Efficient and effective software development"

Comments: Caspio solves a number of marketing related communication needs in a very effective, cost efficient manner

Pros: It was built to the specifications we needed, and updating with new needed functionality is something that can be done to meet our needs. Fitting it into our broader suite of technology, within our internal cloud, was also not too difficult. And, we have one point of contact to fulfill all our needs.

Cons: Sometimes response time to needed updates or changes can take a bit longer than desired, but once addressed the team is very collaborative on keeping us updated on status for updates. And there are usually very good reasons for the delays.

• Reviewed on 28/05/2020
Broc M.
Team Lead
Printing, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 13/10/2020

"Learning curve, but a great and powerful software."

Comments: Caspio is an ongoing experience for my team so far. We have been happy with the massive potential that it can bring to our business as we strive to automate our processes and convert our operations to a mostly digital model.

Pros: Caspio is like a decked out tool-belt. A huge pro is the variety of features and abilities that the software gives the developer. Similarly, the customer support and library of helpful resources is not lacking whatsoever.

Cons: I was under the impression that Caspio is a "no-code" software solution, however I must have misunderstood because I have learned that it is most likely a "low-code" solution for a vast majority of use cases. Basic functions are certainly no-code, but most companies are not using Caspio for the basic functions, I imagine. Because of this, there has been a semi-steep learning curve for me personally. I would consider myself technologically adept, but I do not have even a ground level knowledge base of Java script or html language.

Alternatives Considered: kintone

Reasons for Switching to Caspio: Caspio seemed to allow a level of personalization/flexibility that we were not sure Kintone would allow. With this comes more of a learning curve as the "guard-rails" are further apart so-to-speak.

• Reviewed on 13/10/2020
Christopher Z.
Financial Consultant
Financial Services, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 27/05/2020

"Very user friendly Application Builder"

Comments: It's been great so far. Additionally, our end users have had 0 complaints.

Pros: The page builder tools really makes it easy build your data pages. It's built in preview option allows you to instantly see the consequences of your actions. Having your data tables and pages all in once place that is accessible by users via the web is very convenient. Additionally, I was very easy to learn how to navigate the system.

Cons: There are some limitations like number of data pages and calculated fields. However, it does allow flexibility to add in your own code. This really expands it's limitations.

• Reviewed on 27/05/2020
Matt D.
Executive Director
Nonprofit Organization Management, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 14/07/2020

"You get what you pay for - and quite a bit more."

Comments: Excellent customer service and the product continues to improve and advance.

Pros: The interface is intuitive enough that a person with no technical experience can jump in and deploy a web application on day 1. With every update, the system becomes more refined and the features are more enhanced.

Cons: In some regards, cost is a factor. Caspio isn’t inexpensive, but you get what you pay for. Actually, you get quite a bit more. When I look back on everything we have accomplished with Caspio, it has more than paid for itself, but it’s a consideration for smaller operations.

• Reviewed on 14/07/2020
William W.
Consultant
Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 11/05/2020

"caspio has an excellent Support Team"

Pros: I cannot say more about the caspio team that provides online help 24/7. They are very professional, competent, and are not afraid to engage in resolving the problem at hand. The overall Support structure is also excellent in that the transition from online help to opening a job ticket, and then on to an individual caspio expert is seamless and easy to use.

Cons: This is not a "con" per se. The caspio software has a lot of functionality. As expected, it takes a little time to understand how the platform functions. The Support staff makes the learning process very easy.

• Reviewed on 11/05/2020
Steven P.
IT Director
Nonprofit Organization Management, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 29/05/2020

"Be your own app developer"

Comments: Once I got the hang of using Caspio I found a use for it in so many areas of my organization. People think I am the hero of the day when I use Caspio to solve various logistical issues that come up in day to day activities. Most of the applications I create are internal, for staff to use to organize data.

Pros: I like how easy it is to use and how I can do mostly everything I want to do. There is a lot of flexibility to the product and it works very well. Over the years I've taken advantage of the free courses and one-on-ones which is really nice to pick up new ideas to add to my apps. To have a developer create these application would have cost me 10's of thousands for a developer, but for a fraction of the price I can make applications that I can edit and change very easily.

Cons: The one thing I dislike the most about the software is that Caspio changed to a new version that offers triggers, more space and bandwidth, my account doesn't have them activated since I'm grandfathered into an old plan, to get the new features it's literally twice the price. I am being charged for overage on bandwidth and don't have access to the new features, but spending twice the money for these new features is still not worth the price.

• Reviewed on 29/05/2020
David T.
Managing Editor
Newspapers, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 10/07/2020

"Highly customizable, with good customer service"

Comments: I've been working with Caspio for our newspaper for a decade now. I can't think of anything I've ever wanted to do that we couldn't find a way to run quickly online with it.

Pros: If you can turn an idea into a spreadsheet, you can turn it into an embeddable interactive graphic. It's easy and incredibly powerful to use.

Cons: There are times where the flexibility of the software can overwhelm you, and graphing data can be complicated.

• Reviewed on 10/07/2020
Kevin S.
Administrator
Health, Wellness & Fitness, 501-1,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 15/06/2020

"Caspio Support"

Comments: Caspio Support has done a great job with assisting our organization with enhancing the application we have developed for our employees. They always point us in the right direction or most times walk us through fixing it ourselfs.

Pros: The ability to easily learn/develope a function website based on a basic understanding of tables and fields

Cons: The abilty of the "Views" concept is nice. However, it would be good to have the abilty to edit a view with more than one table.

• Reviewed on 15/06/2020
Laura C.
IT Manager
Human Resources, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 17/12/2019

"Our experience developing HR applications with Caspio."

Comments: We are very satisfied with the software and the Caspio developers, they are very agile in solving problems and doubts making our work much more easier.

Pros: The best of Caspio are the multiple configuration options they offer and their simple handling. Even though some features doesn't present some of these functions there's always a mailbox to propose improvement ideas.

Cons: The improvement ideas take too long to be implemented by the Caspio staff.

• Reviewed on 17/12/2019
Michael D.
IT Manager
Textiles, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 14/05/2020

"Great way to create apps with high end data mgmt system on the back end"

Comments: We are running multiple applications for our site and the application is easy to manage and use. I have had to to change the our local hosting from Sharepoint to HTML5 and it was easy to modify my needs. I would highly recommend the service to anyone needing an application without the coding.

Pros: Easy to start using
Ability to create and customize advanced applications
Good support
Ability to add forms/reports to any webpage is easy

Cons: Knowledgebase could be better
cost for datapages can add up

Ron B.
Education Management, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 22/09/2020

"Apprentice University - leveraging Caspio"

Comments: Awesome! Love your product.

Pros: Ease of Datapage creation and management

Cons: Triggered actions aren’t included by default.
A light CMS integrated platform would be nice.

• Reviewed on 22/09/2020
Irena S.
Database Analyst
Government Administration, 501-1,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 08/07/2020

"Great service!!!!"

Pros: Very user friendly. Very easy to do updates. .Great help from Caspio support team

Cons: Customer support sometime transfer me fro one to another but still great support.

• Reviewed on 08/07/2020
Phil B.
Engineer
Architecture & Planning, 1,001-5,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 20/05/2020

"Caspio"

Comments: Amazing. I have used this software for almost 10-years in some way or another.

Pros: Flexibility and most form elements/formatting options on the market

Cons: Offline functionality is a huge upset. It is problem where we have considered moving to other platforms. When we need to do condition assessment of field asset and we have no network connectivity, we all end up frustrated with the platform regardless whether Caspio is to blame. An app environment would be a huge benefit.

• Reviewed on 20/05/2020
Heather W.
Web Systems Manager
Higher Education, 1,001-5,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 16/07/2020

"Freedom and Independence"

Comments: Our experience using Caspio and interacting with support has been exceptional. They came on site to do some training and it was well-received.

Pros: What we like most is that it empowers our users to be independent of Technology Services and develop apps based on their needs. Many times we assist them with the startup process, but in no time, they are developing, using and improving their apps.

Cons: At the moment, nothing, Caspio fits our needs. The tool is intuitive and the YouTube training videos are outstanding.

• Reviewed on 16/07/2020
Shauna Q.
Implementation Manager
Libraries, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 14/10/2020

"Worth the learning curve"

Comments: After setting up, modifying, implementing, and now maintaining the database I needed to build, I am very happy with this software even with the learning curve. The fact I can do it using their free version is also the largest reason in which my small organization has decided to use/continue to use this software.

Pros: I use the free version and it does everything that I need it to! Customer support is quick and helpful. I have emailed them, chatted with them, and spoken on the phone with them. There are a ton of training videos and documentation to walk you through using the software. I also love how changes are seamless and take place in real time. No waiting needed!

Cons: There is a bit of a learning curve if you are unfamiliar with database software. In the beginning I had trouble integrating it into my WordPress website and making it mobile compatible. Customer service helped in both respects even though I use their free version of the software.

• Reviewed on 14/10/2020