Neto Reviews

by Neto E-commerce Solutions

• Overall
    4.2 /5
    3.9 /5

About Neto

Our e-commerce platform enables retailers and wholesalers, of any size, to develop and maintain powerful online stores.

Learn more about Neto

Showing 25 reviews of 70

Aaron J.
Owner/Operator
Retail, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 04/03/2017

"Great product and friendly customer service"

Comments: When I decided to launch my online business it was a bit nerv racking and overwhelming. Not knowing where to start or what I needed I continually read article reviews and got advice from family and friends. I decided on Neto as they were an Australian company with local support. On starting up the trial, you realise just how many features you have at your fingertips. It was a bit of a slow start but after reading through the help docs and watching a couple of introductory videos, I had a reasonable idea of what I needed to get started. The step-by-step guides were my saviour and if I did get stuck at any point, I called through to support who were willing to help out. My setup was going to be basic and I was mainly interested in trading on eBay at first. I found the eBay team knowledgeable and they helped me setup my shipping and payment methods too. On top of this, I got a free eBay store for 6 months, so this definitely helped. I have read other reviews where people are advising that the system is hard to use and I can see how people can be a bit overawed by the options they have. What I'd recommend, is decide on what features you need to get started, get a plan in place and stick to it. Once you understand the basics of the product and shipping setup, you will have a trading store quicker than you think. As with any business, you need to put in the time and learn the platform. Once you do, you can dive into the advanced features like accounting integration, marketing campaigns and advanced shipping integration. My next step will be to use their new Inventory module to manage all of my purchase orders and stock control. Overall, while this platform isn't as simple as some of your more basic options, it will do everything you need and provide you with many more options as you grow. Take the time, learn the product and you'll be happy you did. Best of luck.

Pros: The amount of features. The eBay integration saves on time and management. Their are numerous payment options to choose and the accounting integrations are seamless.

Cons: Can take some time to get your head around the platform. You will need to put in the effort to learn it.

• Reviewed on 04/03/2017
Steve L.
  • Reviewed on 06/03/2017

"Sophisticated features, knowledgeable and available support"

Comments: First off, I absolutely love your software; the integration of sophisticated and multi-tiered functionality, all configurable, is a testimony to the overarching design philosophy, architecture and subsequent coding implementation. Damn fine team of solution designers and engineers in my humble opinion. To implement this you have an absolutely superb support team. I was always treated kindly and with respect (regardless of my stress level), and furthermore the support staff know their stuff. If someone didnt, then my issue was always redirected to someone who did. No black holes in your organisation, well done. Neto was the fourth eCommerce solution I trialed. The Raw Deal Natural Foods has Vend integration and there is NO solution out there that integrates with Vend customers (including the woo commerce universe). All in all I spent over four months messing about with other solutions until I discovered Neto. For me nothing else came even a close second.

Pros: Fully featured and ALL configurable through the back end.
Excellent pick, pack and shipping vendor integration.
Access to source via FTP.
Support teams responsive and knowledgeable.
Solid Vend customer and inventory integration.
Good value.

Cons: Many of the implementation issues I faced (mostly through my lack of understanding) could have been addressed if the support documentation was more detailed.
Documentation is OK on the 'how to' do basic things but has little depth based on outcomes you are trying to achieve.
I could have saved much of my time AND support staff time if I could find the appropriate documentation. Many (most) new customers will have had the same sort of questions/issues.
Flow charts for pick/pack/ship options would be useful.

Charles J.
Retail, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 10/09/2019

"Amazing service"

Comments: We have been with NETO for around five years now. Initially their service was average and their site struggled with speed issues.
They now have a site packed full of great features and a huge partner network. Their customer service is second to none. As soon as we put a support ticket in, we receive a detail response, often within the hour and almost always the same day.
They continue to expand their site offerings and have started to engage further with us (their clients) on how we'd like to see their platform develop.
We recommend them highly.

Pros: Heaps of features. One service provider instead of dozens.

Cons: Most of the major issues we had with the software were resolved quite some time ago. There are features being developed that we are looking forward to but the major bugs that used to piss us off are now gone.

• Reviewed on 10/09/2019
Elliot W.
Marketing Manager
Cosmetics, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 17/07/2019

"A Great Business Partner"

Comments: Overall positive. Our set up now is much more streamlined that what was previously in place. We communicate better with our customer base, present better and the online component of our business has seen an increase of 15% in the first 6 months YOY.

Pros: As an introduction ecommerce platform, it was a much needed step up from existing infrastructure and has not only improved the online face of the brand and company, but also the functionality in the process automation. When something fits your business requirements, its easy to speak highly of it.

Cons: The introduction to the product requirements was a shock at first but the constant support calls and gaining a greater understanding of the requirements (and why). We had some limitations on designs quoted on post launch, which I understand were sent out to recommended service providers, but they seemed very expensive. Not sure if resulting from the external agent or them needing to work with Neto's code, but we didn't go ahead with that particular project.

Virginia K.
Wholesale, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 29/05/2017

"NETO has been quick with replies and the every increasing features means we are able to grow"

Comments: All our sales channels are through the one system now and helps with ability to know stock levels and have best reportable information.

Pros: Australian based, has omnichannel that is seamless and add-ons integrate very easily. Neto is quick to respond to my many inquiries and the software is surprising simple to use. We have changed to do ALL sales via this - phone sale, shop sales, trade show sales & of course internet sales

Cons: There is no next button - i.e. if updating customer information or item information you can not click on "next" you have to go out and re-select - BIG MINUS but it and the inability to easily change invoice and POS receipts (like in a WYSIWYG format) is the only negative

• Reviewed on 29/05/2017
Jordan L.
Textiles, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 21/05/2017

"Neto so far has been fine. I think for an eCommerce platform it works fine."

Comments: More client growth, the easy of becoming a customer and approving them is due to the software.

Pros: The functionality of the platform works well, it's easy to update and maintain everything. It never seems to crash, which is important to my clients.

Cons: I wish there was more flexibility in regards to changing things for each customer i.e. since I'm a wholesaler, a product or service I may offer to one client may not be one I want to offer to another so it would be good if you can disable features for your client based on what you give them access to.

• Reviewed on 21/05/2017
Graeme F.

"Neto Shopping Cart"

Comments: Shopping cart works well and integrates well with Payment option and shipping options.

Pros: Works well on front end but over complicated on the back end for small business like ourselves.

Cons: With us changing prices and Price/size filters on products that have multiple sizes. Products that have a name change but the Product Variation DO NOT change.

Kerrie R.
Managing Director
Apparel & Fashion, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 18/05/2017

"Helped us grow our online presence - from basics to utilising more complex features as we expanded"

Comments: Increased sales, ease of use,

Pros: Ease of use, ability to utilise further functions as needed, local company with local support ie. AUSTRALIAN with the same capability as US based platforms.

Cons: We sell alot of product overseas in particular the US and the software doesn't have Foreign Exchange capability.... YET!

Shauna W.
Retail
Retail, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 10/09/2018

"Easy to use and professional look"

Comments: I have been with Neto for over a year and my experience has been really good. No issues. If I need help with something a friendly consultant from Neto is always at hand, always polite, friendly and knowledgeable.

Pros: Ease of use! It's easy to use and you get a great result

Cons: N/A I really like the software, I haven't had any issues at all

Grant R.
  • Reviewed on 21/07/2017

"Great product from a great team."

Pros: Total package, hosting plus software.
The system has so much potential for a growing business. The inventory side is really robust and the seo gets great results with very little effort.

Cons: Needs some android phone apps so I can maintain my store on the go and the ability to pick orders via mobile would be great but not as a monthly addon.

David S.
  • Reviewed on 18/05/2017

"Very good, touch expensive"

Pros: Support - excellent!

Cons: Some changes are very hard to make, ie, email templates. Needs coding, should all be WYSISWYG. Global changes also very hard, wanted to make site wide change to font, impossible to do without support.

Nessa L.
Co-Founder
Cosmetics, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 06/03/2017

"Neto Best Value Platform for Small Business"

Comments: Me and my mum have found Neto so easy to use, it offers the best overall channel integration, Australian carriers and lots of included business tools available. Our current store www.ponytailshop.com.au shows you can build a site with custom fonts, clean lines, and parallax on this platform which is what we really wanted.

Pros: Channel integration
Australian Carriers

Ann C.
Overlord
Consumer Goods, 2-10 Employees
  • Source: SoftwareAdvice
  • Reviewed on 04/03/2019

"Completely Changed Their Pricing Structure"

Comments: It's been one of the worst customer support experiences I have ever had with a company. However, it their recent move that has me looking elsewhere as they accessed my system and ran reports to look at my revenue without my permission and then jacked up my costs by over 35% percent. Do your research on this company before giving them a dollar. At the present time there is a mass exodus away from Neto by unhappy customers.

Pros: Australian Business (in Australian $$)
Ease of Use and Functions

Cons: Customer Support is horrible
Recent changes to their pricing plan and the move to charging in US $$$

• Source: SoftwareAdvice
  • Reviewed on 04/03/2019
Anthony S.
  • Reviewed on 03/10/2017

"Consistent and powerful eCommerce platform. Easy to use if you don't need to customise code."

Comments: My confidence in good, fast and reliable support was restored

Pros: The backup support offered by Neto is the best I have ever come across when dealing on behalf of my clients.

Cons: As a developer, I'd like to have easier access to the code. However, I accept this does make it easier for those not requiring much customisation to the templates.

• Reviewed on 03/10/2017
Adam J.
Retail, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 13/03/2020

"Best shopping cart/eCommerce platform in Australia"

Comments: We have been using Neto since early 2017 and they have been fantastic! Not only do they cover all the bases you would expect a shopping cart to and more but they are constantly adding value with new and improved features and their support team is phenomenal. We have been lucky enough to attend some of the events held at their Brisbane HQ and always come away with new knowledge. I would definitely recommend them for anyone or any business looking to take their brand to the next step.

Pros: - Packed with features and always adding more
- Great customer support team
- Transparent and honest

Cons: - Hard to get used to all the bells and whistles to begin with

• Reviewed on 13/03/2020
Stefan T.
Customer Consultant
  • Reviewed on 19/06/2020

"Great Platform with a Knowledgeable and Helpful Team"

Pros: The Neto platform is great for any small to medium sized business looking to expand their eCommerce outreach with a great team behind the product to help you in any which way they can!

Cons: The Neto system can be difficult to accommodate for larger companies looking to have a fully custom built solution, however, can still be built to accommodate almost all features that are required.

• Reviewed on 19/06/2020
James R.
Sporting Goods, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 07/08/2019

"A PLATFORM THAT WILL GROW WITH YOU"

Comments: Without NETO, the naive start up would not have started. NETO provided me the opportunity to access an efficient e-commernce platform for little cost. It has allowed me to take risks in other areas while I learn about retail the hard way. I'm only using a fraction of the functionality and am comfortable knowing if I grow the business, I do not need to worry about the platform supporting it, if fact, that will be the easy part. The ability to quickly speak to a friendly and helpful human that tries hard to interpret what you need has made all the difference to me as a solo operator.

Pros: - Easy integration with other software / tools, like Xero, Sendle & Stripe for a one stop shop.
- Support is easy to access and vey helpful. Available on phone in Australia - without that hands on support it would not have been possible to get going.
- It is growing and developing too - continually changing and improving capability.
- While we are small, we have plans and this platform will scale easily - start with the platform for the future.
- To save money, with no experience, I was able to build a functioning ecommerce store using a free template - low cost of entry.
- Value for money.

Cons: - Like any big platform there are minor things you can't change, like some sort functions or fields.

• Reviewed on 07/08/2019
Logistics Manager
Construction, 1,001-5,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 17/07/2019

"Adequate, getting more costly"

Comments: There are workarounds to the most inconvenient aspects and still a lot to like about this software.

Pros: Handles eCommerce to Dispatch very well. With third party modifications required to suit requirements.

Cons: Advanced inventory, while adequate, it misses a lot of important things. Such as only being able to enter landed costs on receiving a PO, by adjusting the purchase price to include a per item costing.
Rising costs will be hard to accept if the service and support does not improve also.

Jj S.
Renewables & Environment, 2-10 Employees

"Local Aussie Business"

Comments: Business is growing and so is the funcationality of Neto

Pros: Neto is a complex platform, it’s helped me grow my business and has many more features that I know I have yet to tap into.

Cons: As a medium business there are sometimes limitations to the time that glitches are resolved. But overall I understand that every business has these growing pains and I enjoy supporting an Aussie business that has support staff in Brisbane

Peter D.
Managing Director
  • Reviewed on 21/07/2017

"easy to use and support is very thorough"

Pros: Have found the software consistently fast in operation and user friendly. We run two websites skinned differently and they integrate with our Saasu accounting software very well saving us a lot of admin time.

Cons: There are some inconsistencies in operation eg when exporting some sections like customers you can export a list that has been selected using filters but for products you can only export the entire list of products and then have to sort to get down to the products you want

Mark C.
Automotive, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 11/09/2018

"An eCommerce Winner"

Pros: Neto has pre-packaged most of what small business needs in an eCommerce platform. We've been very impressed at how much functionality there is and how easy it has been to setup.

Cons: It is not as customizable as something like WordPress.

• Reviewed on 11/09/2018
Alvin A.
Consumer Electronics, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 19/05/2017

"Outstanding value for money for a complete omni channel solution"

Comments: We were able to rapidly launch and scale our business using Neto.

Pros: Abundant amount of features that can be utilised by an omni channel eCommerce business. It allows us to sell through our online store, ebay, phone orders and POS with simple inventory management capabilities.

Cons: There aren't enough available store themes. Lack of available integrations with email marketing platforms for eCommerce. No feature to do refunds.

• Reviewed on 19/05/2017
Sarah R.
BAS Agent
Accounting, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 17/02/2019

"Comprehensive online sales solution"

Comments: Out-of-the-box solution to online sales - no technical knowledge required.

Pros: Able to highly segment product categories. Easy to set up.

Cons: Some issues with the automated website security scans - would prefer if more of this was handled by Neto.

• Reviewed on 17/02/2019
Kerrie R.
MD
Apparel & Fashion, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 28/02/2019

"Let down by constant issues with backend of software, in particular Integration/Data Base"

Comments: FRUSTRATING

Pros: Local, Australian Company with wide functions - potentially good!

Cons: NOT HAPPY with handling major integration problems caused by NETO Staff including Management when they have made a mistake costing us $thousands. Have used for 5 years and our frustation levels are through the roof! Potentially a great product but let down by not fixing problems that then multiply out.

• Reviewed on 28/02/2019
Robbin S.
Accounting Intern
  • Reviewed on 21/07/2017

"I haven't used Neto much as I am a new employee, but I have loved what I have seen!"

Comments: Easy and customizable.

Pros: Easy and customizability, search filters are the best. Again, I have not used Neto much but will be able to tell more when I use it more.

Cons: I have not used Neto much to come up with things to improve.. I like what I use at the moment!!!!!!!!!