15 years helping Australian businesses

Auction Software Reviews

About Auction Software

Buy and sell tool which can be customized to Forward Auction, with Quick Item Creation and Auction Management features.

Learn more about Auction Software

Pros:

Auction Software was very customizable for our needs, and the integration to payment gateways (multiple), and our back office was easily handled because of the previous experience the company brings.

Cons:

Sometimes it was hard to determine what features were part of the base platform vs. those that required customization.

Auction Software ratings

4.7
4.8
4.6
4.7

8.9/10

Auction Software has an overall rating of 4.8 out 5 stars based on 142 user reviews on Capterra.

Have you used Auction Software before?

Jedidiah
Jedidiah
Co-Founder / CEO in US
Internet, 2–10 Employees

Reliable, Affordable, Quality e-Commerce Services

Comments: We've experienced positive business relations with Auction Software for 5 years. They've always been reliable and capable of solving almost any e-commerce issue we've faced. Auction software has always provided excellent service and capable teams to handle all essential aspects of our e-commerce product creation timelines. From product management to design to development and live-launch, Auction Software is highly skilled for every step of the way.

Pros:

Everything is easy with Auction Software. Auction Software's team helped us create and grow two e-commerce companies that I've managed from the ground up. And in both scenarios all work was performed with transparency and full reliability. Everyone at Auction Software is professional, trustworthy, and accountable in their work. And their proprietary software makes everything simple to manage along the way.

Cons:

I can't think of many cons with Auction Software.

James
Chief Operations Officer in US
Consumer Services, 2–10 Employees

A great service at a highly competitive price point

Comments: Communication is key, and [SENSITIVE CONTENT] and his team have always been able and ready to communicate effectively and efficiently, to help ensure a positive, streamlined experience. When we have not been clear in our needs, they have always been sure to ask the questions necessary to ensure they are able to deliver. In addition to this, they are regularly releasing updates that have made our website and the administration thereof more efficient. We look forward to working with Auction Software for years to come.

Pros:

This software has been instrumental in our company growth. From the very first meeting with [SENSITIVE CONTENT] , communication has always been consistent and fast. When we have had questions, needs and wants, the team has been ready to assist and has always been there to ensure we are receiving a positive experience, in turn, helping us deliver a positive experience to our customers. The software is excellent and adaptive. When we have required adjustments, they have been sick to develop and deploy, and have worked had to be sure that we are satisfied. Moreover, for the quality of the work and service provided, the pricepoint is excellent. I would absolutely recommend Auction Software to anyone looking to create a new service, or upgrade an existing one. We are currently adding new features and upgrading existing features to assist in our website performance, and it has been a pleasure working with [SENSITIVE CONTENT] and his team every step of the way as we collaborate in continuing to develop the backend administrative features we rely on.

Cons:

There were some features that were add-ons that we felt should have been included in the original development, but overall Auction Software has been responsive to our needs and helped to ensure that our company is ready and able to continue servicing our existing clients, while helping us promote growth.

Ilia
Ilia
Business Development Manager in Australia
Nonprofit Organization Management, 2–10 Employees

Don't bother.

Comments: Dreadful.

Pros:

What we liked most, was the idea. We spent just over a year building and customizing the platform on the premise that after the development and subsequent 12 month maintenance contract we could take control of our creation.

Cons:

Unfortunately, as soon as the maintenance contract kicked in, the developers and the owner did not seem to care that our website did not process payments. There was no accountability for prepaid hours and the site was not hosted in Australia as per our contract. There were countless other issues and lies. We spent 2-3 months chasing them for a solution. They only started to care when we cut their monthly maintenance payments by 40%. It took us an additional 2+ months to fix the issue ourselves. Our contract with this developer stipulated that we would own the rights to use and host the final product. However, the company seems to be in some sort of financial trouble, the owner repeatedly asks for additional fees and is trying to come up with a way to have us pay a subscription. Either an ongoing fee to use the bidding engine, a new maintenance contract, a new fee of $2250 to "convert the code"?! - why should we pay extra to convert code on a product which we already paid for to develop and own?

Auction Software Response

4 years ago

Business is a two way street and customer is the king. We strongly believed this. Even though the customer was unreasonable, we worked many hours including paypal issue which was not ready . In spite of 4 outstanding 180 days past due payment (May-Aug), we did not stop the work on a good faith till Dec 19. We offered $75 hosting but customer declined and would like to host in Australia for free which is totally ambiguous. We can't take a risk on our IP that is worth more than $1M and 8 years of 100s of people hard work. We gave 4 solutions all rejected. In addition GitHub was provided in Jan 2019. Customer was happy till Nov 2019 in Dec since their idea did not work they started low balling us and tire kicking .Developing greatest product takes vision, co-operation, commitment and focus.However, this only motivates our team to give even better product & service to our existing & future customers. More facts [SENSATIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] and [SENSATIVE CONTENT HIDDEN]. Also contract can be shared.

Mihai
Mihai
Commercial Development Director in Romania
Computer Hardware, 201–500 Employees

Great and complete solution to use

Pros:

Customer support very impressive and quick to action.

Cons:

We could set up an annual payment so we don't have to pay each month.

Geoff
Geoff
Chief Technology Office in United Arab Emirates
Luxury Goods & Jewelry, 11–50 Employees

Excellent software and responsive technical and management team.

Comments: We have had a demanding customisation project - based on Auction Software's platform. Our customisation has been extensive, and sometimes a moving target - a challenge for any development team, and I know we have been demanding of AS's team. They have consistently risen to the challenge and delivered, above and beyond expectations. Excellent communication and timeliness from the project management team, they are committed to customer satisfaction and very customer-focussed and determined to see us succeed. Not only cost effective, but great management, responsiveness, and a willingness to engage.

Pros:

The auction software is flexible and extensible. The architecture is modern and performs well in a cloud based environment. (We're running on Amazon's AWS with advanced database and operational configuration to meet demanding performance requirements). The base system design permits enhancement, and we have some unique requirements that we are implementing with Auction Software's help.

Cons:

I have no negative comments about the software or system delivered.

Mo
Mo
VP Operations in US
Semiconductors, 2–10 Employees

Custom Software From a Box

Comments: Despite a great product designed to fit and meet our goals, it would have not been able to accomplish if the team involved did not work in such fashion. It was fascinating to know how every time I would suggest or recommend enhancing it was immediately communicated through the entire staff and address almost instantly. In brief very efficient line of communication and customer support!

Pros:

Now days no one in any industry wants to design anything from scratch, this approach is extremely expensive, the delivery time can range in years and a few headaches on the way. Auction Software Team had it all in a Box, I only had to lay out my plan, my vision, my goal and the time I had to get everything done. In no time they had it all developed accordingly almost like magic, very happy with the outcome. The team is very knowledgeable, the grammar involved in developing a system is immense when is not within the line of everyday work that you do, but when you work with their Team it feels like they read your mind. A working team that works is such amazing synchrony despite being in two different continents.

Cons:

There was nothing really that was not addressed accordingly, everyone was always ready to take on any request. Least to say, I am happy with the final outcome.

Sean
Sean
Entertainment, 11–50 Employees

Auction Software Plus

Comments: Very good experience. The team if very motivated to help and support.

Pros:

For us it is the team that allowed us to customize their core solution to fit our needs. Pricing is in line and Raj and his team are always open to help.

Cons:

Since we were doing custom development to their core solution there isn't necessarily any cons to the software because anything it didn't do we just customized it for our specific use. The only con is the normal off shore development cycle, although their team has been very accommodating on time zones and support locally in US.

Jorge
Jorge

Great Affordable Solution

Comments: We had a concept which we shared and Auction Software made it a reality. We are happy with the result. This is the third development which Auction Software has assisted us with, and we expect to contract additional development with them in the future.

Pros:

Auction Software is responsive, fast, creative, affordable. As with any new development, the initial vision evolved and there were changes along the way. Thankfully, Auction Software was accommodating throughout, often providing helpful solutions and insights. This is a great team which is highly recommended.

Cons:

We haven't experienced any cons with Auction Software.

Eduard
Eduard
Founder in Romania
Computer Software, 11–50 Employees

Marketplace and Auction software

Pros:

Simple to use, usability, design, many features available

Cons:

Not for the moment, all features work properly

Kevin
Kevin
Data Architect and Team Lead in Costa Rica
Retail, 51–200 Employees

Very Good Auction Platform

Pros:

We are starting the implementation of the tool, but so far Auction Software has been taking care of all those details we have asked. Our crew is pretty happy about what we have shown them because it's a great improvement from our previous auction app. We were able to send our data using APIs and this new platform is processing it very fast, that means almost real time publishing for us, which is great because we normally have very big auctions, with hundreds of lots publishing at the same time.

Cons:

I can't think of many cons with Auction Software.

Nick

Good Base product. Customization Could be better

Comments: The US team was professional and responsive. The India team was also pleasant, but overall, I didn't feel that I was working with top designers and devs who could provide added value to the process. They tried to achieve (and mostly succeeded) in delivering what was asked for, but it took a lot of back and forth to get there, rather than them having a solid grasp of best practices for my industry and providing functions and designs even better than the basic deliverable requested.

Pros:

I like the base features and the fact that it can be customized for more specific uses

Cons:

My issues were more around the ease of working with the off-shore team and their proficiency with UX/UI design, and attention to fine detail. Also the system used for logging and updating task completion wasn't easy for me, as a non-technical founder working directly with the company's project managers. Maybe if I had a project manager working with them, it would have been easier to track completed updates and move the project forward faster.

Alan

Best Auction Software Company Out There

Comments: I used Auction Software to launch www.overhaulbids.com which is a reverse auction platform for the aviation maintenance industry. They were vetted out of more than 50 software companies and the reason why I selected them over all the others was experience in this field and templates that I could work off of. I can't explain how important the latter is. There's no way to get all of the little details together if you build ground up. Using this method ensures a better first run. These guys have the best auction templates out there (trust me, I've looked). Once I started the project with them I noticed having a liaison here in the United States was a huge advantage over the companies who operate exclusively on India time. In my case, I had to work on this project in the afternoon/evening hours while India's in deep sleep. It's a lot easier to just pickup the phone and make a domestic call than it is to deal with Skype's problems and lack of clarity. Lastly, Auction Software has the right team to deal with complex projects and deliver on deadline. Rajesh is very dedicated to customer satisfaction and has treated me fairly in every situation. More than fairly in a few situations actually. Bottom line: These are good guys. I promise you won't regret hiring them. Call me if you want more details.

Web Admin/Sales in US
Marketing & Advertising, 2–10 Employees

KVA NEWORK

Comments: KVA Network was a long process to complete but Auction Software was extremely patient and delivered exactly what we wanted. Thank you to the entire Auction Software staff for making it a painless process and providing an on point website.

Pros:

Auction Software was a pleasure to work with. We wanted a platform that would be second to none in our industry and Auction Software delivered in a big way.

Cons:

There are no cons to think of for Auction Software.

Scott
Outsourcing/Offshoring, 501–1,000 Employees

Rewards Portal for our Company

Comments: Working with AuctionSoftware was overall a good experience. The final product was worth it and was priced reasonably. The team did work hard to ensure I was 100% satisfied. I would recommend them but also be prepared to add a bit more time to the project (if deadline is important) and ensure you have a team to fully QA and de-bug before going live.

Pros:

The software for our employees is very easy to understand and use. Everything is displayed very cleanly. It has been a huge hit internally where they can earn credits for performance and redeem them in auction form.

Cons:

The project did take about a month more than what was expected. In addition, the QA process was a bit lacking. There were a lot of bugs and issues we had to work through. With that said, the quality of the final product was outstanding.

Jason
US
Used the Software for: Not provided

Very Happy with Auction Software!!!!!

Comments: When we went into the Reef Bids project, we wanted to partner with a company we could have a long-term relationship with. We found the perfect partners in Auction software. It is very rare that I have something exceed my expectations, but that is what I experienced from Auction software. Design is about presenting your message to the world. Good design does this as simply and beautifully as possible. Auction software meet our goal to help us present our message in a very modern and clean way; keeping the target market in mind every step of the way. Remember to ask yourself will the contractor understand your project objectives, will the contractor's team be able to effectively communicate with your Team team. With Auction software the answer is a resounding yes. I can get straight answers that aren't overly technical. But what's really important to me are the results. What's nice about the services Auction software provides for us, are that they are easily measured and we can see continuous improvement in our business performance, which makes real difference to us. Bottom line Auction software is 'Super responsive. Reliable. Does a great job overall.' Jason H.
ReefBids.com

Tony
CMO in US

Fast, flexible and efficient!

Pros:

If you're looking for turnkey or bespoke, this team has you covered! My experience was nothing short of spectacular - they iterate quickly and never leave a task incomplete.

Cons:

Time-zones can lead to some communication delay, but this is a common challenge for all international organizations.

Scott
Managing Partner in US
Wholesale, 51–200 Employees

Managing Partner

Comments: The entire process with Auction Software was seamless and easy. They understood our needs and provided a proper foundation for us to build upon.

Pros:

Ease of use

William
Owner in US
Security & Investigations, 2–10 Employees

Excellent Customer Service

Comments: With our project, we needed a lot of customization to the base software. Their teams have been awesome in adapting all of our requests and creating the solution(s) to incorporate all of our special needs. Very dedicated and responsive.

Pros:

Flexibility

Cons:

need to know Ruby on Rails if you have an interest in the code

Omar
Chief Technology Officer in US

Delivered as Advertised...

Comments: Pros: The original software package had 80% of our requirements. However, Auction Software Services provided the 20% modifications we were looking for. Instead of having our internal developers work on the software, to learn it, to understand the structure, Action Software Services provide expedient services to the modifications we required. In return, our team then was able to spend time working on other extended items that are core to our business. The Auction Software Services team is very responsive, 0-12hr turn around time, on fixing any related issues. They understand the criticality of addressing time sensitive product issues that can turn away customers. Cons: Like any other software packages, their will always be slight bugs. However, it's part of doing business. No software has 100% uptime. You must plan for the 1% of bugs with 99% normal uptime. Auction Software Services provides a generous support plan, or you can manage it internally with your own development team.

Shawn
US
Consumer Goods, 2–10 Employees

Well managed project deliverance.

Comments: The software implementation is outstanding from their team of knowledgeable staff. The scope and deadlines are well managed to bring a fully working project to fruition. Their staff worked with us from the onset setting the correct expectations and walked us through a well manage project flow so at all times we felt we were engaged with the project. They are professional to work with and accommodated our needs very well. It has been a pleasure to work with their team of dedicated programmers.

Pros:

The dedication they are able to offer a project and being able to manage a project in a well structured manner.

Cons:

Did not had a bad experience with them as of yet.

Graeme
Director in UK

Affordable and easy to work with

Pros:

the team are very accomodating, easy to work with and technically very capable in implementing requirements. Very cost effective solution.

Rupert
Founder in UK

When creating Agribay.com I have found the team responsive, helpful and supportive.

Pros:

The support and assistance has been invaluable in setting up agribay.com with the process and timelines to going live relatively short and good value. This has allowed us to create the site ready for market testing .

Cons:

Further proactive development would be great - some of the criteria that you are able to apply are limited and fixed and further development hours required to make simple changes

Edmund
Edmund
Founder in US

Excellent value, fast work & professional project management. Would strongly recommend!

Pros:

- Easy to use - Very customizable - Allows fast iteration - Friendly staff - Responds well to feedback - Good user experience - Excellent real-time functionality

Cons:

- Slightly generic interface

Kai
Manager in Singapore
Real Estate, 2–10 Employees

Competent team with great communication

Comments: A customised product which we would not be able to get.

Pros:

We have a highly customised project, and the team catered to our needs to their best of capabilities. Although we have some trouble on our end, the team was accommodating and patient with us throughout the project. Will recommend for other projects.

Sebastian
Australia
Used the Software for: Not provided

Reverse Auction within the academic space

Comments: Software development for non technical founders is a daunting task and although at times it seems overwhelming, I would definitely purchase an off the shelf solution from auctionsoftware again. Using Auctionsoftware as the developers has substantially reduced the development costs and time of getting a initial business concept up and running. While at the same time providing a much stronger and scalable solution than attempting to use add ons in wordpress or something similar. Raj and his team worked diligently on this software over the last few months and Raj was always available and responds quickly to questions.