Delivering Client Projects Is Easy With Avaza

Reviewed on 24/06/2018
Miguel G.
Graphic Design, 2-10 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: Avaza is not overly complex, so it cannot accommodate really heavy projects with large teams or complexities. It does, though, provide amazing results for teams with a more direct approach to project delivery. I was able to implement its use in a software development firm that specialized in cloud applications. Specializing in Microsoft's online SharePoint environments, Avaza was the tool of choice to manage projects dealing with migrations and customization of such sites. It did include large projects and small ones, and managed time tracking for billing, as these were on an hourly basis. The features were just right. But because there was no custom coding and developing for which unit testing or QA department involvement, Avaza worked extremely well for them.

Pros: Avaza has all the core functionality that lets any business successfully manage and deliver client projects. It is not just for development projects. It can be used in a wide array of industries because of this basic general core of features. For starters, Avaza manages contacts and distinguishes them between clients (external contacts) and team members. It uses this to connect projects to its clients and the resources that will be working on these projects. The roles for the contacts are manage in the contacts section as well, allowing the admin to connect just the right resources and the features they need. Adding projects is fairly simple, as well. Create a new project and allocate the client to it. That is it. Then add the necessary tasks for the project, allocating team members from the contact list. You can even group into sections that can represent milestones, features, epics, or any description that fits your project or organizational business needs. Project views can also be customized. You can view projects in a Kanban styled board, as a Gantt chart or even as a list. Team members track time against the tasks until completion and the process is quite simple and straightforward. Avaza also provides team scheduling and provides forecasting capabilities across one or more projects. You can also manage timesheets, expenses and recurring expenses for all the projects in Avaza. Avaza offers the capabilities of providing your clients with quotes or estimates for projects, as well as managing invoicing, recurring invoices, credit notes and payments. And you can track all the work via an extensive library of reports.

Cons: Avaza is not a feature rich product for large enterprises or large projects with large teams, as these must track defects, reworks, testing and a host of other tasks that often have dependencies upon others. This is something Avaza does not manage and trying to track this level of effort is not something that can be done. So, this is definitely for smaller organizations or teams with basic projects.

More than a program, it is an experience for the management of your projects.

Reviewed on 13/04/2019
Santiago A.
Co Editor Chief
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: The internal organization is fundamental to be able to fulfill our own goals, and at the same time, with the clients that believe in our commercial offer. Thanks to Avaza we have managed to engage efforts that were not identified to achieve the internal goals, since we implemented it, our level of communication has reached the best levels of communication, which translates into a reduction of time in activities that in the past They took days or even weeks. Since we worked with Avaza there are no missing links of information, we have reached a point that without Avaza it would take years to achieve.

Pros: One of the things that I liked most, is the interface that they offer to all their users, it is the best for those of us who are more visual when working. Another aspect that many do not know but that I love, is to be able to integrate Avaza with other platforms so that the reach is greater, I have managed to move from one platform to the other without losing time or reducing the value that Avaza gives me. Also, the commercial offer they offer is the most competitive, because you can start your venture without sacrificing all the capital with which you account, and being stable you can know the available improvements so that you achieve new goals within your company. Another functionality that I like, is to be able to have a great integration with email, apart, it allows me to monitor all projects and important events for the company, it is a vital support that greatly improves performance.

Cons: It would be unfair to identify negative aspects, because the capabilities that you offer for your work on anything happens, I have reviewed the platform for a long time and to date, I have not found anything that changes my positive perception about Avaza.

Great Project Management Tool for small teams

Reviewed on 23/06/2019
Cameron N.
Partner, Marketing Operations
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: I found Avaza through G Suite, and I am sooooo glad I did! It is a VERY well full feature application for small teams for the cost. Unfortunately, I no longer have the G Suite account, but I still use Avaza...was NOT about to let it go!
The features are rich, it does a lot, allows for customization and flexibility...and I am sure I still haven't discovered other things it is capable of doing because it was so easy to get in and start keeping track of projects...I honestly haven't had time to go in-depth with other features.
I have a very small company with my partner and it is great. Clients (who do not have PM app experience or technical knowledge) were able to easily get in and understand what they needed to do....it is great!

Pros: Ease of use, flexibility, features, customization options.

Cons: Add-on costs...I still don't understand how it is that if I add an additional administrator, why they are not part of the Scheduling User as well. If they are an Admin, they should be everything as well. It seems odd.

Streamlining studio processes

Reviewed on 26/09/2019
Lauren G.
Creative Storyteller
Design, 13-50 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: Before we discovered Avaza, we were seriously looking into designing and developing our own software because we just couldn't find one programme that did everything we needed. It's early days, but I'm very optimistic that Avaza is going to save us from having to take on that huge project!

Pros: As a young company, we are learning every day. We want the software we use to have a wealth of features, so that our team members only need to have one window open. Previously, we were having to use slack for one thing, 10,000ft for another, and excel to track timesheets. It just wasn't streamlined. We're only very new to Avaza, but so far it looks as though it might be the answer to all our previous issues.

Cons: This isn't a con of the software, as such, but we're used to how we used to do things and now we're having to learn something new, around our actual jobs! So, the change is currently causing extra work, but that will settle down.
As a design studio, we are mostly visual people, so I do find the schedule views quite hard to follow. The team view is actually easier for me, but as a user I don't have access to that. Also, we collaborate daily, so being able to see what everyone is working on would just be an added benefit.

We as a startup company were looking for 360 degree solution.

Reviewed on 12/04/2018
Jitendra S.
Design, 2-10 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: Our startup company PowerPoint Geek. We started using this software from day 1. In between we tried another software and our customers were not happy. The reason was they were not able to pay from other software. Our customer asked to send invoice from Avaza only. As they find it very easy to make payment online from the direct invoice web version link.

Pros: We found Avaza from google. First we tried a free trial and after that we subscribe for premium. We send customer estimates and invoices from Avaza. Also, whenever someone approves or disapprove estimates is done directly from the online web version of estimates. When we send customer a invoice, he can directly make paypal payment from the web version and it get updated directly to our dashboard. Now we have started using projects to assign task to our designer and that also work great. Live support are quick to reply. PowerPoint Geek are permanent member of this software and we are quite comfortable in using this software.

Cons: No Cons. Really good online software. We have tried many other and found this to be the best. So no cons at all.

Avaza has changed my business and alongside that... life!

Reviewed on 09/03/2019
Gemma T.
Gemma Thirsk
Design, Self Employed
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: The best thing about Avaza is it solves so many problems in one easy to use program that can be accessed from anywhere. Couple this with a Dropbox account and you can access everything you could possibly need from anywhere with an internet connection. They even have a handy app version for your phone and iPad. Currently my whole sales and design process from start to finish runs from Avaza - estimate, management, invoice, payment and follow ups. My life is easier and I am more productive.

Pros: Project management has become a dream. It is so simple and easy to create and schedule tasks. I can work at a fixed rate or with timesheets easily. Clients can view beautiful estimates and invoices in PDF format or online. The 'pay online' feature is great as it makes it so much easier to get paid - which means less time chasing up invoices!

Cons: I wish Avaza was easier to use in the first instance. After spending some time getting my head round it I have realised it is perfect for what I need but in the beginning I was missing out on some really useful tools as I didn't know about them or didn't know how to use them. Although it is worth mentioning that Avaza's support team are extremely friendly and helpful whenever you have a question. Stick with it, ask the questions and you won't look back.

Great Billing System for Professional Services

Reviewed on 29/10/2018
Managing Director
Management Consulting, 2-10 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: Great product at a reasonable price. Can help a small company be professional and appear big.

Pros: 1) Professional Invoicing- electronic or paper options and highly customizable.
2) Time Sheets - These are easy and flexible. Love the copy from prior week feature. Time sheet entry is based on projects I've set up with my clients. Tracks against my budget.
3) Reports - these are helpful to run several times a month to see how I'm performing to budget. I can save my favorites.
4) Customer Service - Staff is always available quickly when I need help.
5) Integrations - Integrates easily with email and PayPal.

Cons: I wish they had a simple workflow or training feature that explained how to initially setup: Inventory Items, Projects, Sections, Tasks and Categories and then explained how they related to invoices and time sheets. I figured it out, but it wasn't intuitive when I started.

Feature rich project management and client billing solution

Reviewed on 26/08/2019
Andrew S.
Sr. Manager, Engineering
Biotechnology, 51-200 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Pros: Many features for project management including custom tasks and timesheet categories to standardize information across users. The ability to section off portions of projects and bill for those sections specifically. Easy to use gantt charting. In application communication tools. In-depth custom reporting.

Cons: At first the organization of information is a little confusing and people see it as cumbersome, but after some time its pretty easy. The reports are nice but they have so many options it takes some time to figure out what options will give you what you need. Single project quick view dashboard (time or $$ left in budget, items past due summary) not available, but can get there with custom reports once you figure out how to do it.

Awesome Gem!

Reviewed on 01/10/2019
Jasmine J.
Founder and Chief Executive Officer
Consumer Services, 2-10 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: Overall, I really love this platform and would definitely suggest to others for their business needs.

Pros: I love that this system provided both time tracking and invoicing elements. This definitely helps with quickly providing clients with project and payment information. I also loooove that when calculating the QYT ( in my case I use it as hours), I'm able to include the exact number of hours instead of just whole numbers ( for example: 3:37 vs. 4 and this software calculates my clients cost per my unit price.

Cons: I really wish there were more payment providers for clients to choose from. It would also be awesome if there was an option for creating client contracts, this would be a great template addition.

The most comprehensive free Project Management Tool I know

Reviewed on 25/08/2019
Hanno S.
Marketing & Advertising, Self Employed
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: I wanted to plan the founding process of my new agency and AVAZA helped me a lot with it.

Pros: It's richness on features. Gantt-Charts, easy import and export of data, integrated time tracking.

Cons: It's not as fast and beautiful as other tools.

I enjoy using this app for my team projects. It's one of those apps that makes you so productive!

Reviewed on 20/12/2017
Owner and CEO
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: I realy enjoy this app and the support is great. I guess I would just say that it's to bad it took me 6 hours to find it because if I would of found it first I would of saved 6 hours.

Pros: I wanted to share my positive experience getting started with Avaza.
I spent about 4-6 hours searching for a system that would enable my team to manage our internal and external projects of ppc ads and email marketing campaign projects. I played with many apps that were missing some of the features I was looking for. I finally came across Avaza and was so happy since it had exactly what I was looking for!
After getting excited about all the valuable features I was amazed to see that support was a top notch 5 star integral part of the service that is on-board 24/7. I was welcomed the minute I logged in followed by another rep. that answered kindly and professionally all my initial questions. I was so happy with the customer service and the wonderful product that I signed up immediately for the webinar that took place the following day. The webinar support agent was very kind and professional and gave me a one hour, one on one webinar answering all my questions and giving me great tips to get started. I see myself using Avaza for many years to come as well as recommending it to all my friends and associates. Wishing all lots of productive and happy moments

Excellent, full of features and inexpensive.

Reviewed on 29/08/2016
Brendon B.
Apparel & Fashion, 51-200 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: I've been a web development contractor for 5 years. Software for project-planning, time-tracking, invoicing... believe me I've tried them all. Avaza has all of the above rolled into one software. The monthly subscription is pennies compared to what I was spending on multiple other softwares and the time it took to move information around.

Pros: Avaza is simple, clean, and intuitive. Time tracking is stolen straight from Harvest, time items are straight from project management tasks, and invoices are inherently customizable by populating from tracked time or manually entering expenses. There is also recurring invoicing and online payment links. The Avaza team is always rolling out some new features and honing the UI, plus email or ticket support has been at most an hour delay.

Cons: I used to have a small list of cons, but I sent them as ideas to the Avaza team and they actually built what I needed. Awesome.

Very well featured, value for money project manager.

Reviewed on 20/07/2019
David G.
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: First class in every way.

Pros: I liked its overall feature set, it is value pricing and the fact that I can bring clients in on a project with no extra cost. I can drop a screenshot straight into the task fields which is a huge money and time saver for me an us. One other thing to know is that they have support chat in admin and often you get an instant response which is amazing customer service. I am so pleased I made the decision to work with Avaza.

Cons: Really not much that I don't like. I wish I could set automatic reminders for overdue tasks but at least I can go in and run reports.

Great for my needs

Reviewed on 05/09/2019
Karla S.
Arts & Crafts, Self Employed
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: Im loving it, its helping me saving hours of work.

Pros: The software is easy to use and makes my life easier. I can have everything I want in just one place.

Cons: Not to many custom options for products and does not set the product number in sequence

Very User Friendly!

Reviewed on 06/09/2016
Leonda A.
Management Consulting, 2-10 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: I was searching for a project management software and combed through several of them to see which one best fit my needs and landed on Avaza. It had everything I needed. The ability to create projects for my clients, send them invoices, upload documents, communicate with my clients on specific tasks and much more.

Pros: The best feature is that it is very user friendly, great user interface. I needed something that would be easy for my clients to use more than anything and it gave me that.

Cons: There are no any cons that I can think of at this time. The only thing missing is the ability to actually create a proposal document that my clients could review, sign electronically and pay. Avaza has a quote or estimate feature which is really awesome but if I could also get those features I wouldn't have to use any other products such as Adobe Sign. Overall, the best online project management tool out there - hands down!!

Great features and pricing for small startups

Reviewed on 22/05/2019
Amy P.
Consultant
Nonprofit Organization Management, 2-10 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: We are a small, new company with a lot of work to coordinate. We are constantly providing clients with updates on projects and reviewing timelines for deliverables in order to keep ourselves on track. This software allows us to be efficient with our time by seeing where projects are with one quick glance. This also allows either of us to determine if/when we can take on additional work. It has been remarkably helpful to us in a short amount of time.

Pros: This program has all the functions a small business or non-profit needs to get started with managing a variety of projects and tasks. As consultants, we need the ease of invoicing, tracking hours, and uploading contracts for our clients coupled with a single place to manage the tasks of complex project management. It was very user friendly and easy to get started. I especially liked the variety of visual formats, as I like lists and my partner likes Gantt charts. You rarely get all these features in a free version of this kind of software, but even the paid versions are not very expensive.

Cons: I had a little trouble changing the administrator from one user to another. Also, the storage space is not that much, but you can always link to an outside cloud file using the notes section.

Project and Client Management with Invoicing All in One Place!

Reviewed on 25/01/2019
Katie C.
Photographer
Photography, Self Employed
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: Avaza allows me to keep all my clients and their individual projects in one place without sorting through a maze of emails (or worse - missing an email). Since I'm already tracking projects here it makes since to also include my invoicing in the same place. My clients are informed every step of the way and can view and pay invoices from the same place. I believe it is helping me create a better client experience and their customer service has been fantastic!

Pros: I love being able to manage and collaborate with my clients in one place. It's easy to track my time and expenses and then add them to their invoice. They can view project progress, leave comments, and view and pay invoices. On my end I can easily see tasks in the order they should be done according to their due dates. It's ideal for my job as a private photo editor.

Cons: Avaza has the tools I need but I do have a wishlist of things I'd like to see in the future. For one, the dashboard isn't interactive, so you can't actually click on anything and go to that task - it's just a snapshot. I also wish that there would be more options for notifying clients when project status changes to started and complete. Currently I leave a comment to notify them when things are done.

Fantastic product, even better support

Reviewed on 07/02/2018
Kevin K.
President / Chief Technologist
Customer Support

Pros: The support is just plain awesome. There is someone there to respond to support requests almost all the time even though they are in a timezone that is over a day away. The time tracking portion of the software just works fantastically, the billing is excellent, and it's just very impressive how much this product can do.

Cons: Time is calculated out to 4 decimal places but they don't always show all of the decimals, which can create some goofy reports. There is an option to round the time for billing and reporting but often times we would prefer to adjust the time up or down rather than simply round.

A simple and powerful client and project manager.

Reviewed on 27/11/2018
Debjit B.
Freelancer
Information Technology & Services, Self Employed
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: I just love the simple easy to setup approach. I can set up and start using the software within days, and there are no learning curves. I just used their project management and time tracking which is great. I can recommend my customer/user to use this service so they can simplify their task. I am still trying this and getting some awesome result.

Pros: Simple and clean setup is what I can set up easily. I like the simple wizard just in front of me and all the process updates are in front of me. The UI is clear simple and just workes as they should be. I love the minimalistic and to the point menu of it. Menu structure is also just in front of me, no more finding or take a note for just a menu. And yes it really does what it tells even in the free plan it is so much initiative then others I have tried. Project management and Time tracking are what I use most of the time and just workes. I am happy that I gave this a try.

Cons: Reports can be improved. I am not very comfortable with the report features. I just get confused and get lost with so much reporting options. Also, I think the report should be under every particular subject.

Great looking app, simple and intuitive

Reviewed on 23/02/2017
Takashi N.
Market Research Director
Market Research, 2-10 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: After looking at several apps, Avaza had an integrated solution that was simple and intuitive, and it's actually affordable. No complicated function add-ons, no over the top services. Definitely the top pick for start-ups like us and still has the functionality you need to run things on a bigger scale!

Pros: Look. Feel. So easy to use. We love how creating projects and organizing is simple and intuitive, yet leaves room for customization. The timesheet is easy to use since we don't have to tie in every single entry to a task prior to starting. The report options offered as default were helpful too! We have powerful visualizations without having to pay additional for the same thing. Other apps offer similar or even better reports, but with a hefty price tag.

Cons: - Would have liked to assign multiple people to one task.
- The task status only offers "not started", "in Progress", "completed", but would love to have a completion bar (i.e. 60% status completion)
- Customizable reports? Would be nice.

by Avaza Software on 06/10/2017

Hi Takashi,
Happy to inform you that you can now enter a percentage complete on tasks, and it is visible in all Task views. :)

Avaza is absolutely amazing

Reviewed on 14/12/2018
Quintus D.
Founder & Managing Director
Management Consulting, Self Employed
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: The software is really amazing in that I have used it for so much more than what I initially anticipated. I now use it for recurring invoices too and managing support contracts. It is so easy to use overall

Pros: The huge list of functionality and ease of use. Great set of standard reports. The software replaces a few other tools - project management, financial, timesheets, tracking expenses, reporting

Cons: I feel the project scheduling part of the software can be enhanced and the Gantt Chart view. That does not mean that it is not useful - it just does not work easily when the plan changes or for advanced scheduling

The perfect solution for managing freelance projects

Reviewed on 23/05/2019
Aziz D.
Instagram Marketing Expert
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Pros: I would say that one of the best features Avaza offers is the project management feature. It was really easy to use and had allowed me to visualize the progress that was being made in each project.

Cons: Avaza is such a great software and it included way more than what I was expecting. But I think it would be better if the developers provided more frequent updates for the mobile app.

As a new entrant to the PM field, Avaza promises much. Easy, quick and supportive

Reviewed on 07/03/2018
Client Services Director
Graphic Design, 13-50 Employees
Customer Support

Pros: Quick to set up.
True Gantt charting AND resource loading - great that we can plan ahead visually.
Nice workflow from quoting to invoicing, without becoming intrusive or cumbersome.

Cons: Still some work to do, but we'll keep station:
Can't for example progress invoice and easily see what's billed/what's left to bill, and you can't add true supplier costs and sell on as margin (they have to be added as expenses which isn't the right method in PM).
Also, for the 65%+ of colour-blind males out there - once you reach your 8 hours, the schedule changes to 'Full'. So far so good. However, go over 8 hours and it changes from green to red - which is extremely difficult to interpret at a glance if you're red-green colourblind. Some UX refinement required here.
What makes this harder is that the number then changes to how many hours 'over' your 8 hour day you are rather than showing either a '-' against the number, or more appropriately just continuing to add up the hours you need to do on that day.
We're sure these are niggles that will be ironed out as the product develops.

Excellent and affordable project management tool

Reviewed on 27/09/2017
Josh A.
Manager, Client Services
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: This software has enabled our company to successfully manage our client engagements. We can easily track our progress on project deliverables, and can ensure we stay on time and under budget.

Pros: Avaza is an extremely user-friendly project management tool that includes all of the important components of project management in one easy-to-use interface (i.e. project tasks, scheduling, timekeeping and expense management, invoicing, reporting, etc.). Their support is also top-notch. The support documentation on their website is very detailed, and the support team is always very quick to reply. In my experience, they have replied to me in just a few minutes when I chat with them using their support tool and they respond very quickly via email as well.

Cons: There are some features that do not currently exist in Avaza, such as the ability to send automatic overdue invoice reminders and the ability to apply detailed permissions to external/client users, however Avaza seems to be working constantly to improve the system and will take your input into consideration when documenting feature requests.

AVAZA highly recommended!!!

Reviewed on 25/11/2016
Cheryl H.
General Manager
Accounting, 2-10 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: I am the General Manager of a developing business in Lima, Peru and we have now been using the AVAZA time and expenses recording system for the last 9 months. Both myself and my team have found that this system is extremely user friendly and easy to use. From a managerial perspective, this system has improved the efficiency of our time and expenses recording, as well as the generation of key reports and monthly invoices issued to clients. The system and the reports available have the opportunity to be developed further and the AVAZA team have been excellent in taking on board our feedback and personalising the system in accordance with our needs. Overall, I would highly recommend this system and support team to any small to medium sized business!

Pros: Ease of use, the availability of management reports and the efficiency of invoice generating & tracking.

Cons: Some reports can be improved or developed, but the AVAZA are supportive of assisting with the same!

by Avaza Software on 13/12/2016

Hi Cheryl,
Thank you for your review and feedback!
Just wanted to let you know that you can now pay for your Avaza account using a Paypal account :)
Have a great day!