SignUpGenius Reviews

• Overall
    4.6 /5
    4.5 /5
    4.6 /5

About SignUpGenius

Sign up tool for group and volunteer managers. Schedule volunteers, organize events and collect money all on one sign up.

Learn more about SignUpGenius

Showing 1,444 reviews

Marcy Y.
Vice President
Nonprofit Organization Management, 1,001-5,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 20/07/2019

"Simple organizational tool to manage people & stuff!"

Comments: We've started using sign up genius for almost all of our volunteer events, staff events and community collections/drives. It makes it so easy to know what still needs to be collected or staffed. I love that it automatically sends reminders to people about what commitments they have made so that I don't have to manually send those any longer. Generally, its very easy to use and super friendly for the end user.

Pros: I love how simple this is for an administrator but also the end user. I've never had anyone say they couldn't figure out how/what to do. I also appreciate that the users can alter their own sign ups for the items or people they are committing to an event. Plus being able to copy events or sign ups over from year to year makes the planning & implementation process quick.

Cons: I think that the ads and the limited themes are understandable but annoying. Also, there are some set up limitations that can make more complex events cumbersome to set up. Plus if you have to make changes once you go-live, it can be prohibitive.

• Reviewed on 20/07/2019
Assistant Director of Undergraduate Programs
Education Management, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 31/01/2019

"SignUp Genius"

Comments: This is a great tool that can be used for event organizing purposes. I personally used them to schedule appointments with my students and for event RSVP's. I loved using it to schedule appointments, because it allowed me to indicate only my available times; each user was able to book only one time; and no other users were able to pick already chosen options. Their interface isn't very user friendly and user appealing though; I wish they have more customization options available.

Pros: - its a very easy to use application (easy to use for organizers and participants)
- great to use to sign up people to events, appointments, meetings
- mass email communication feature (thought I haven't been using it much, because isn't delivered from your actual email address)
- its free!

Cons: - inserting emails is a complicated and time consuming process
- very limited design customization options (the interface isn't very user friendly)
- there is some learning curve to set the event up (time options, etc.)

by SignUpGenius on 05/02/2019

Hi there,

Thank you for your feedback. We will be releasing some updates to the interface this year that I think you will find exciting!

Our site allows users to import email addresses from several address books. We currently support uploading email addresses from Gmail, AOL, Yahoo, Windows Live accounts, Outlook and CSV files.

If your emails are not in an address book or are in an address book that is not supported, we recommend that you export the email addresses into Excel from your mail program. You can then copy the column of email addresses and paste them into the SignUpGenius input box. Please make sure you copy email addresses only with no names.

Please contact our Support Team if you have questions: [email protected]

• Reviewed on 31/01/2019
Ileana V.
Center Manager
Education Management, 501-1,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 30/09/2019

"Sign Ups made easy"

Comments: SignUpGenius has been great to keep our activities and events organized and send the automated email reminders to the participants

Pros: Great way to get your employees to participate in work and non-work related events. We used Sales force for an event that we were participating in and it was easy to manage. It provides reminders and it is user friendly.

Cons: It is a bit difficult to cancel once you have signed up. You have to email the administrator and have them cancel it for you. Maybe there is an easier way but I have not found it.

by SignUpGenius on 01/10/2019

Hi Ileana,

There are various ways to delete or edit a sign up, depending on how you signed up. If you signed up using your email address, you can access the sign up by following the link provided in your email invite, confirmation or reminder message. When you view the sign up, you'll see text that reads, "Change your Sign Up." Click on that option and follow the instructions.

If you have a SignUpGenius account, it's pretty easy to remove your name or edit your sign up slot. Log into SignUpGenius.com and click on the Invited to tab. You will see Items I've Signed Up For. To remove your name, click the X to the right of the item. To edit information related to your sign up, click the pencil icon to the right of the item.

If you entered a typo in your email address when signing up, you may need to contact the sign up creator to make the change for you. I hope this helps!

• Reviewed on 30/09/2019
Deanna W.
General Manager
Music, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 03/12/2020

"A sign up site that helps keep you organized"

Comments: I really enjoy the site, it updates quick and allows us to make changes quickly. I enjoy that I can upload documents, although it can be a mission, the documents are there for peoples reference if it all doesn't fit on the main page. I am pleased with the product and will continue our monthly subscription!

Pros: I really enjoy that it allows you to have multiple sign ups at the same time. We are a school that uses it daily to track multiple events and special classes. We enjoy that there is some customization that allows us to have it match our brand. It also sends notifications to my email so I am aware of who signs up for classes. I never miss a beat when it comes to attendance and who to expect because of that.

Cons: It can be very difficult to learn at the start and times out pretty quickly. It took me a few times to figure out the best way to add multiple dates and times at once before it times out and having to do it all over again. I would also suggest that it be easier to upload documents.

• Reviewed on 03/12/2020
Denice H.
Educator
Education Management, 501-1,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 17/10/2020

"A Good Way to Reach People and Gather Information Quickly"

Comments: Overall, SignUpGenius has many uses. My daughter's high school uses it to set up parent conferences.
The ease of use for those signing up is a distinct benefit. It just requires some time and experimentation to be on the creation end. I will certainly use it again for times when I need to reach and organize a large number of people.

Pros: I was in charge of a fundraiser for my daughter's trip to sing at Carnegie Hall. This trip was quite expensive so many fundraisers were needed. I had been on the user end of SignUpGenius a number of times. This was my first time actually creating and managing one. I appreciated that we were able to organize and sign-up people for donations and work times at our booth during a local summer festival. It expedited contact with a large number of families. The event was a success!

Cons: I found that designing the sign-ups took a lot of patience and experimentation.
I am fairly tech savvy. I have a Masters Degree in Educational Technology so I am always interested in learning how to use new software products. As a user, I find it very easy to navigate. As a creator, it didn't seem intuitive enough for me.

by SignUpGenius on 22/10/2020

Hi Denice, Thank you for your review! If you ever run into issues setting up a sign up, please don't hesitate to reach out to our support team for some pro tips specific to your event. We are happy to help! http://www.signupgenius.com/help

• Reviewed on 17/10/2020
Amanda L.
Teacher
Education Management, 5,001-10,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 14/05/2019

"SignUpGenius will make your life EASIER!!"

Comments: Overall, SignUpGenius has made my teacher life easier. I will continue to use it for classroom events and sign ups for years to come. Our parents in our school have come to expect the simplicity that it offers.

Pros: This software is user friendly and offers a wide variety of "formats." As a teacher, I use it regularly to create sign ups for classroom party supplies, scheduling of parent/teacher conferences, and as an overall method of communication with parents about upcoming events. This eliminates the need for a lot of "back and forth" emails, since they can just RSVP and sign up all in one spot.

Cons: Sometimes the "duplicate" feature doesn't work as smoothly as I'd like. We often use it as a team and want to copy the same signup for every teacher on our grade level team and this has not always been the easiest.

by SignUpGenius on 15/05/2019

Hi, Amanda! I'm sorry you ran into issues duplicating a sign up. When you make a duplicate, be sure you have your created sign ups area set to show "unpublished sign ups." Sign up duplication happens within a few seconds and you will find your copies in this area. Learn more about making duplicates here: http://www.signupgenius.com/faq/duplicate-copy-sign-up.cfm

• Reviewed on 14/05/2019
International Tax Associate
Accounting, 10,000+ Employees
  • Reviewed on 12/12/2018

"Simple, Easy, and Really Quite Genius"

Comments: My graduate school coordinator uses this for everything from orientation times to graduate assistant assignments to signing up for classes. Our 100 person program is able to exist thanks to SignUpGenius. I can't think of a better program that could accomplish the wide range of possibilities that this can.

Pros: I like that when other users respond, SignUp Genius updates and every other invitee can also see the updates. For example, when sending out RSVPs, everyone has the ability to see everyone else who has RSVP'd. It's a very easy app for taking polls for certain time slots. It is also great if you need just a quick one question response or a detailed, multi-step poll. As a user, I appreciate that it is quick and easily shows up in my inbox. Additionally, I don't receive spam messages from them after taking a survey!! This is so important. I didn't sign up for promo messages, so I don't want to receive them automatically. This program finally gets it. Finally, the ability to send out reminders is a great function. It's easy to set up ahead of time for the SignUp creator. I also love that it sends the event to my calendar!! It's just great for both ends of the SignUp request... I would highly recommend.

Cons: I don't have too many complaints, except that sometimes the visibility is limited on the mobile app. Really, I highly recommend this software and can't think of too many negatives haha.

• Reviewed on 12/12/2018
Myocia M.
Admin Asst
Public Policy, 501-1,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 04/12/2019

"Sign-up Genius a useful tool."

Comments: This products allow me to connect with softball parents to sign-up to bring snacks. It allows me to connect with clients on what days they would like to attend support groups. I can go back and forth with my personal life and professional work.

Pros: The ease of creating sign-ups. The graphics and different templates to appeal to users. The option to specify days and times that users can just click. The option to preview before sending it out.

Cons: I could not find anything that I did not like. It did exactly what I wanted it do. I could say more diverse templates.

• Reviewed on 04/12/2019
Tammi D.
Clerical Aide
Education Management, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 26/09/2019

"Appreciation"

Comments: I have had a much easier job of coordinating our events with SIgnUpGenius. Prior to finding this program, we used a spreadsheet or a google doc, and it was much more challenging that way. I had to stay on top of it constantly, where as now I just check what is still needed, as the date of our event gets closer, and I am able, right through SignUpGenius , to send an email out letting our parents know we still need more items for our event.

Pros: We have used this program to show appreciation for our teachers throughout the school year. SignUpGenius has reduced the amount of work it took our office to coordinate this. It simplified the process for our parents, and increased the number of parents that participated in our event. We had a much better turn out every time we used this method of signing up to bring something in, versus trying to use a spread sheet or any other method of signing up. It has made coordinating these events much more enjoyable for our staff.

Cons: The initial time using the program was a little tedious, until I got the hang of the method of entering the quantities desired.

• Reviewed on 26/09/2019
Jennifer D.
Organizing Genius
Civic & Social Organization
  • Reviewed on 06/09/2017

"I LOVE SIGNUPGENIUS! It has saved me so much time and makes organizing events easier."

Comments: This software keeps track of sign ups, so I don't have to rake through my emails and worry about forgetting someone. The ease of setting up a sign up is very good. People I work with are getting used to this is how I do things.

Pros: It is designed by people who understand signup for different kinds of events, meetings, and volunteer organizing. I can set repeated dates, list different slots, ask questions and print hard copies as needed!

Cons: I used the free version for about a year, and then I upgraded to Pro as I saw the need for the features. There is one feature in the next step up (More custom themes) that I would like to use, but right now I can't afford the upgrade,

• Reviewed on 06/09/2017
Stephen J.
Leader
Philanthropy, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 10/12/2020

"A good way to keep sign ups organized."

Comments: I definitely got the hang of setting up the sing up and now use it as a template for sign ups. Each of the participants have done really well getting signed up and it works well for planning.

Pros: It's easy to add people directly as well as send the sign up to them to add themselves tot he time slots that will work best for them.

Cons: It can be confusing at times on how to set up the initial sign up. For a while I was switching slots or adding to many slots for certain time periods.

• Reviewed on 10/12/2020
Danielle C.
Admin Assistant
Religious Institutions, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 11/12/2018

"Easy to create a sign up"

Comments: Very good!

Pros: That I can create a sign up in minutes for people to join and let me know what they are signing up for. I was notified every time my sign up was changed (say someone signed up for something)

Cons: I tried e-mailing out the link to the sign up to a big group and it didn't work from the website for some reason.

by SignUpGenius on 12/12/2018

Hi, Danielle. It is not necessary to send invites from our site. You can share the link to your sign up via your personal email or social media.

To find the link to your sign up after it has been published, go to SignUpGenius.com and log in with your email and password to the account where the sign up was created. When you view the sign ups page, click the Created tab. Click the image or title for your sign up. When the sign up page displays, copy the URL from your web browser address bar. This is the unique link to your sign up. Copy and paste this link to give out in emails or use in the way that you wish to distribute your sign up information.

For additional information on sharing your sign up with your group, click the link below:

• Reviewed on 11/12/2018
Emer F.
Circulation Manager/Volunteer Coordinator
Libraries, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 24/03/2019

"Friend recommended for in-house use"

Pros: Sign-up Genius makes it easy to keep event planning organized, especially when multiple folks will be contributing time and goods to the event, which is often the case for not-for-profit organizations like our public library.

Cons: We worried about the security level of the software, and it wasn't easy to see how secure it was. We want our volunteers and contributors to know that their information, even about stuff like this, is confidential.

by SignUpGenius on 25/03/2019

I am happy to provide more information regarding our privacy policy.

We do not sell or give out our membership information to any third-party vendors. Participants will receive automatic confirmation emails, reminders and other notification emails from the sign up creator.

The emails entered on a sign up can only be seen by the sign up creator, so any emails that participants submit are protected from other group members or from web spiders that might try to crawl a particular web page.

This kind of security/privacy is critical to our company.

Below is a link to our detailed Privacy Policy:

Please contact our support team if you have additional questions: http://www.signupgenius.com/help

• Reviewed on 24/03/2019
Christian B.
Director of Housing
Higher Education, 1,001-5,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 10/02/2021

"A Lifesaver For Scheduling Events, Shifts, or Work Assignments"

Comments: SignUpGenius is a phenomenal tool with countless uses. The free version is excellent in and of itself but the premium version offers great options and is very affordable too.

Pros: I have been using SignupGenius for years and it is an absolutely invaluable resource. We have used this tool for a variety of features with our staff - everything from schedule student employees for desk and duty shifts to having employees self-select a potluck dish for a staff holiday event. We also use it for student-facing events and services such as interviews and appointment based services.

Cons: It can take a little while to become familiar with the layout and format of the signup builder. The system gives you multiple ways to build your form, which can result in some inefficiencies or confusion until you really get to understand all the different features available to you.

• Reviewed on 10/02/2021
Sara L.
NA
Mental Health Care, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 02/11/2018

"Great Product"

Pros: This product is great when managing group events or parties. It is easy to use and provides you with the information in a manner that is easy to understand.

Cons: Importing email addresses can be difficult and time consuming.

by SignUpGenius on 14/11/2018

It is also not required to send invites directly via our site. You can choose to take the sign up live without sending emails, and instead, copy the link to the sign up and send invites from your own email program. You can also post the link on your organization's website or share the sign up via social media. If you have any questions about importing emails, please contact the Support Team.

• Reviewed on 02/11/2018
Senior Web Analyst
Transportation/Trucking/Railroad, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 24/12/2020

"Easily get coordinated and get things covered!"

Comments: We have had a great experience using SignUpGenius for our events and festivities. It has helped us to be able to delegate out some of the responsibility that would have usually fallen on only a few members' shoulders.

Pros: We have used SignUpGenius for multiple reasons. I think most parents recognize it for signing up for classroom treats. However, we have expanded our use of SignUpGenius to signing up for volunteer shifts and for Silent Auction outreach efforts so we don't have multiple people calling the same business. It has been excellent and was truly flexible.

Cons: I think one thing that we would like to see that is not currently available is to duplicate a set of items to be used over multiple locations. Maybe we are just missing where that is done at but other than that we don't have any complaints.

• Reviewed on 24/12/2020
ASEA
Religious Institutions, 501-1,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 25/03/2019

"Sign-Ups go Paper Free!"

Pros: I am so glad to get out of the old paper sign-up rut! SignUpGenius has made sign-ups so painless and made organizing events so much easier. It is amazing to not have multiple copies of a sign-up floating around and then have to combine the names later and verify that no one signed up twice on two different sheets, etc. It is truly great and setting up a sign-up couldn't be easier. The creator of the sign-up needs to set up an account, but those who sign up don't have to create an account!

Cons: There are obviously some features, like start and/or stop dates, that are not available if you use the basic free version. I also don't like that even on the paid versions, you still only get a limited number of sign-ups without ads; in fact, only the most expensive option has no ads.

• Reviewed on 25/03/2019
Donna G.
Principal
Nonprofit Organization Management, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 17/12/2019

"Helps improve your sign up results"

Comments: I have used Signup Genius as part of my volunteer recruiting role on some committees I serve on. I love the download format of the responses, makes it easy to tally the results, and then make customized lists in Excel/csv format. Setting up is easy, and people can choose times to sign up with their friends, making it more likely they will follow through and do what they signed up to do. It saves me time and helps keep me organized.

Pros: It was fun to use, and easy to set up, with multiple options for the kind of information you need to gather. People who sign up can see what others have signed up for, and join their friends. Like that those who sign up can also choose to have reminders sent, saving the administrator time in sending them yourself.

Cons: Would be nice to have reminders for the event organizers, as well as the participants, but overall very easy to use

• Reviewed on 17/12/2019
Sarah P.
Publishing, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 28/12/2019

"Keep track of volunteers easily"

Comments: SIgnUpGenius is the go-to software for coordinating volunteers. I was so happy when I discovered it because it makes these things so much easier!

Pros: I've used this to coordinate volunteering for school and to set up meal trains for community members. It takes a potentially unwieldy and messy situation and makes it easy. People can sign up for available spots without the hazard of double booking and it's simple to see what's still available.

Cons: Sometimes it can be difficult to see what day you're on when there are multiple days worth of things to sign up for. A calendar view would be nice rather than just scrolling down.

by SignUpGenius on 30/12/2019

Hi Sarah,
Thank you for your review. It may be helpful to know that when you create a sign up that covers multiple dates, you can choose a calendar view layout instead of the list view.

The default format of sign ups created with SignUpGenius is a list format. When creating or editing a sign up, you can choose the calendar view option from the Settings tab. Scroll to "Preferences" and choose "General Settings" to locate this setting.

If you are viewing a sign up someone else created, you can also choose to view it in a calendar layout. You can learn how here: https://www.signupgenius.com/faq/calendar-view.cfm

• Reviewed on 28/12/2019
Rachel H.
Engineer
Civil Engineering, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 05/04/2019

"Love using for preschool committee sign ups"

Comments: We have committee that consist of a lot of people and need everyone to sigh up for certain amount of tasks and hours. This makes it really easy to manage who has signed up for what and how many hours they have worked.

Pros: This makes it easy for everyone to log in and decide what they want to sign up for. I love being able to just set it up and send everyone a link. They also have the ability to change the sign up or delete it altogether if plans change. This makes it really easy to keep track of who is doing what.

Cons: We use this many different parental tasks at school and it is great. It's easy and straightforward and everyone seems to be successful at executing. Also, I like that you get an email with the info and you can use that to quickly change a sign up in the future.

• Reviewed on 05/04/2019
Stefanie A.
Teacher
E-Learning, 1,001-5,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 23/09/2020

"Sign up genius is great for a class party"

Comments: This is great for having parents sign up for items for a class party. I have also used this for parent teacher conferences and I have had many parents participate in signing up.

Pros: The ease of use, and easy set up of what I needed. I loved the feature of sending me an email once a parent signed up for an item.

Cons: The email input features. Having to input each email was a struggle. Also having to start a new sign up can sometimes be taxing.

by SignUpGenius on 28/09/2020

Hi Stefanie, thank you for your review. It may be helpful to know that you can import email addresses into your group. This link will provide more information: https://www.signupgenius.com/faq/import-emails.cfm This link will provide helpful information about creating a sign up: https://www.signupgenius.com/faq/create-sign-up.cfm As always, if you run into any questions, our support team would love to help! You can reach us at http://www.signupgenius.com/help.

• Reviewed on 23/09/2020
Kirstie B.
E-Learning, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 16/10/2018

"Great features, too many ads"

Pros: I love that you can have multiple types of sign up sheets. For instance I've used them to have students sign up for one of two different performance times or for families to sign up to bring certain items for a potluck while also choosing a time that works best for them.

Cons: I don't like all the ads on the free version and I also wish you could require payment to sign up on the form without having to purchase a SignUpGenius subscription.

by SignUpGenius on 24/10/2018

Thank you for your feedback, Kirstie. You can collect payment on sign ups as a Basic (free) user. You do not need to purchase a subscription. You can learn more here:

We offer no ads licenses with each of our subscriptions. Please click on the link below to view a comparison of each plan compared with the features offered in our basic version.

• Reviewed on 16/10/2018
Julia W.
Executive Director
Performing Arts, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 27/11/2018

"SignUp Genius - an integral part of being a Mom in the 21st Century"

Comments: My favorite thing about SignUp Genius is that it makes people accountable - once they've signed up, it's there for all to see!!

Pros: I love the fact that SignUp Genius eliminates the need for dozens of emails, just to figure out who is bringing what. It's used so widely that even the most tech-averse parents seem to be able to figure out how to volunteer to work a booth or bring something!!

Cons: It can be a little labor-intensive to create a signup sheet - sometimes you have to be a little creative to make it work for your particular need. And the signup sheets can be LONG - for my son's graduation, they had three days of activities and multiple tasks for each activity. It seemed to go on forever, and I actually signed up for the wrong day initially, as it was hard to keep track of when the days switched.

• Reviewed on 27/11/2018
Kelly W.
Children's Minsitry Director
Religious Institutions, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 08/12/2018

"Easy and simple to navigate"

Pros: This was a very free and very easy app to use and navigate through to orchestrate sign ups for our volunteer team. You just put in the roles you need and how many people and send it out to your volunteers to sign themselves up. It was very user friendly and a great and easy way to set up a sign up from your church potluck to a charity event with lots of different roles.

Cons: It depends on people actually signing up. It is hard to track down people to sign up for shifts. You have to constantly keep it in front of their face or incentivize it. This isn't the apps fault, but it is something to think about if your people are the kind of people to handle that and take ownership of their schedules.

• Reviewed on 08/12/2018
Tameka O.
Educator
Education Management, 5,001-10,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 04/09/2017

"I have used it for education and personal uses without 1 glitch."

Pros: I can sign others up who are not tech savvy and they get reminders to their email which may be the only tech they use (old, young, language learners).

Cons: I shouldn't have to log out of the account by clicking not me in a sign up to add other people. I also want more space in the comment section.

by SignUpGenius on 05/09/2017

Thank you for your feedback, Tameka. As the creator of the sign up, you can sign someone up while logged into your account.

Locate the *Add/Edit/Delete People* button from the *Admin. Toolbar* just above your sign up. From the next page select the option to, *Sign Someone Up* in the top right corner for a standard format sign up. If your sign up is an RSVP format, select *RSVP for Someone*.

If the person is not in a group, choose the option to *Add New Person*. Enter the first name, last name and email address. If the person does not have an email address, you can leave that field blank. Select the *Add Items* button.

Check each item to add, click *Submit & Continue* at the end of the page. Choose either to send or not send an email to this person. Click *Save and Finish* or *Save and Add Another Person*.

We also provide a tutorial to walk you through the steps to add someone to the sign up.

• Reviewed on 04/09/2017