• Overall
    4.5 /5
    4.5 /5
    4.3 /5

About ResMan

ResMan's platform is built to seamlessly manage multifamily units, delivering efficient workflows and free live chat support.

Learn more about ResMan

Michael T.
Operations Specialist
  • Reviewed on 05/10/2018

"Getting Better, but not there yet"

Comments: Overall, I think ResMan is TRYING to get in the game, but I wish it could happen a little(or a lot) quicker. Our account rep and support team are always great, they really do try their best to make all of our Property Management Softeware dreams come true.
I REALLY want to love ResMan, I am hopeful that the future will show some drastic improvements!

Pros: It is somewhat easy to use, the dashboard is attractive and doesn't look sterile and cold like OneSite. The support team needs to be larger, but the team they have definitely does their best to react quickly and puts in requests for enhancements when we can not be helped. They are always friendly and upfront on what is coming and what they are trying to improve.

Cons: Too much double work, for instance to add lease term options you must add the property to the lease terms desired under Admin, Settings AND add the lease term under Property, Unit Type. As an Admin that the Regionals/Site Team depend on it is imperative that requests be taken care of swiftly and almost every task in ResMan requires an absorbent amount of time on the back end.
Easy Lease, there is nothing easy about this.... from the set up to the use at the site level. Entarata has been my favorite with inline applications/leasing as far as ease of use and customer experience. Real Page wins over ResMan in this area as well.
It feels like the software was designed by out of industry people, alot of things just don't make sense. For example if you want to require that applicant's enter their email address to complete the application(which OF COURSE this should be a required field when you are using online lease forms/apps) you can not exclude non-lease holders or children. Everyone in the household has to have an email entered....

by ResMan on 12/10/2018

Hi Michael. Thank you for your review. Everyone at ResMan loves First Choice. We'll be reaching out to you directly to address your concerns. We have some great stuff around the corner that should put a smile on your face. We're working hard to make it the best software you'll ever use. Please always feel free to reach out...we're here to help. --Dennis Behrman, SVP of Marketing

Kate A.
Regional Manager
  • Reviewed on 13/08/2020

"Efficient, Effective and User Friendly"

Comments: My experience with Res Man has been great! I have been using the software for roughly 4 years, it has been very intuitive and helpful.

Pros: Res Man offers user friendly functions that make even the most novice of user, feel like a pro. I love how easy the system is to navigate. I also enjoyed the multiple integration options to additional vendors and partners to expand the multilevel use of the platform.

Cons: I am not a large fan of the reporting layout. I do like the drilling in aspect on the reports that link you back to Res Man to research if needed. But, the combing through the reports on the report page us not friendly to the eyes and it is very easy to overlook something you need quickly when in a rush.

• Reviewed on 13/08/2020
Ken G.
  • Reviewed on 10/08/2020

"Resman runs our entire business - great software"

Comments: Excellent product

Pros: Ease of use
Created by operational people
Easily integrated with other software

Cons: Wish it was a little cheaper (don't we always)

Olivia C.
  • Reviewed on 12/10/2018

"The Ups and Downs of Resman"

Comments: Resman is easy to use for everyday simple task and very efficient, the problem I have experienced is not being able to correct a mistake or back up when needed simply and quickly.
Overall I would absolutely recommend this software to other property management companies.

Pros: I love that it is so easy to navigate. I will be paying bills and need a GL Code, so instead of pulling out the list you can just put like paint in the search bar and get the Code you need. Simple and efficient I like that our background screening and rent payment site is accessible within Resman. I love the little lizard guy.
I like that you can stroll over something and get an explanation of it's function, that is wonderful.

Cons: I have no way to back up, so I have to pull the addresses back up while working in them. I do not like that you cannot just enter someones phone number without getting their birth date and social, it will not let you save the number without it and some people don't like providing that info when all you really need is an updated contact number. I have had issues when trying to take a roommate off the lease and creates an accounting nightmare that I have yet to be able to correct.
When doing the move out reconciliations I have found that a simple mistake will create double charges.

Aminah G.
Accountant
Accounting, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 05/10/2018

"Resman, alternative to expensive competitors"

Comments: Every accounting software has its loopholes but the difference is how the software company make use of any loopholes reported. With Resman, they have people dedicated to improving their software and they welcome suggestions and observation. Then they don't take that lightly. They discuss it with their development team and find a solution immediately. Other software company may listen but they may not take action according to expectation. I have been using Resman for almost two years now and so far, I do not have any significant complaint yet. I give them 4 out of 5 stars. The missing one star, being the room for more improvement.

Pros: I like the fact that they have dedicated friendly Customer service who would be there for you by email, by chat and by phone specially when Resman is new to you and trying to learn its features. Compared to other accounting software I have used, I would most likely recommend Resman to others. I also like the fact that they take criticism and reported loopholes constructively to improve and develop their software better to be more competitive. Another this I like about Resman is they help you when you set up the books at its initial stage.

Cons: Initially, I did not like the bank rec modules, but it looks like my problem with it has been addressed. I also least like the transaction categories because when you create charges, you think the category you chose would flow through the financial reports, but not all the time. It depends on how the transaction categories are being set up. If they were set up incorrectly, then your reports will not be correct and you will end up doing a journal entry to correct them and it is not efficient in a way. Garbage in, garbage out, sort of. What I would like to see is when you create charges, you should be able to choose from the chart of accounts directly, and not from the transaction categories.

by ResMan on 11/12/2018

Aminah,
Thank you for two years of loyalty and understanding. We have come a long way and as we continue to grow, expect us to be even better! --Dennis Behrman, SVP of Marketing | [email protected]

Melanie S.
Real Estate, 501-1,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 10/06/2019

"Great Program"

Comments: Overall the program works great and I enjoy using it.

Pros: Resman makes it easy to communicate with your residents. The text feature is by far my favorite thing.

Cons: The Easy Lease integration with Blue Moon. There are lots of bugs that never seem to get fixed. Things that previously work, just stop working. Also, there should be a way to merge duplicate contacts.

by ResMan on 13/06/2019

Melanie, thanks for taking the time to review ResMan!

Your remarks about Blue Moon are a regular topic of discussion in our office. Leasing laws and regulations are abundant, lengthy, complex, and frequently changing. That makes integrations and automation challenging since every time a regulation is introduced or modified, a form needs to be changed, which requires the software to be updated. It can be frustrating for users and software developers alike!

We have a team that monitors for changes and implements software updates as fast as possible. We envision a day when Blue Moon integration rarely results in a bug. We're constantly working toward that goal.

Thanks for your business! We love all of our friends at 1st Choice!

Dennis Behrman | SVP of Marketing

• Reviewed on 10/06/2019
Jennifer K.
CFO

"Resman Review"

Comments: We have been using Resman for the past 2 years and it is an amazing software. With Resman you have easy access, and user-friendly functions. The layout of the website is great and the navigation is easily understandable. You have hyperlinks from reports to residents, invoices, and transactions that are so convienent in checking any discrepancies. The conversion process is getting so much better from our first conversion to our latest conversion it was painless and fast and the customer service was proficient. The different communication methods from texting to emailing in bulk are so convenient for Property Managers.

Pros: There are so many great features in Resman it is hard to choose, the reports are great, the integration partners are so convenient and easy to set up. The software is so easy to navigate and you have an integrated calendar in which you can add an event and tag anyone in the company. The software also has a tasks bar to add daily, weekly and monthly tasks. There are still many great features provided.

Cons: The thing I like least about the software is the ledgers which could sometimes be a little tricky for personnel to understand.

Kim K.
Community Director
  • Reviewed on 04/08/2020

"Resman is a great product!"

Comments: Highly recommend to anyone!

Pros: I absolutely love this software! I've been in the Multi-family Industry for over 20 years and have tried so many different programs. Resman is easy to use- Navigation is a breeze. Use of short cuts really saves time. I love the ability to have short cut links to the reports I print most often. I can look at my Dashboard and in minutes know everything from Occupancy to Renewals and Maintenance trends. Training and support are easy to understand and they get things resolved quickly. I love the ability to post delinquency notes on multiple apartments on the dash board in minutes. Messaging/Emailing Residents has never been easier! If I had the opportunity, I would love to go to more Resman Trainings. The great thing is, I continue to find more ways to be productive with the ease of Resman.

Cons: Sometimes runs a little slow. (Honestly could be my internet). Wish you could link to the apartment when you are on the dashboard of delinquency notes. (Quick link) Wish the texting platform told you not only the name, but also the apartment number.

Robby M.

"Fantastic Integration"

Pros: This Property Management Software is fully integrated. Rarely does it push us into affiliate softwares that talk with each other. The seamless integration is so important because it increases reliability and reduces systematic errors. I also love the philosophy of minimizing the number of clicks!!!

Cons: I would love to be able to categorize our vendors (e.g., painting, flooring, tax professionals, etc.) so that our users may easily search for alternative vendors in the same category.

Mohsin N.
Internal Auditor
  • Reviewed on 07/06/2019

"User Friendly with Variety of Features"

Comments: Overall in a nut shell, the system is pretty awesome and is adequately equipped with all the necessary features like Accounting/Finance, Reporting requirements, Operations necessities and Administration & Management.

Pros: This software is very user friendly and offers a variety of features required to manage any property size efficiently and . The Dashboard is pretty awesome with respect to have features available right infront of you for rapid data analysis and quick decision making. Reports formats are easy to understand and filter options provide ease of use for any level. Right from Corporate to Property staff level, this gives convenience of use for everyone depending on the tasks and responsibilities. Permission Control with respect to roles and position is also very cool. Capability of going directly to the unit/apt from Reports is also great. Data integration and uploading is also remarkable.

Cons: Needs to have its own Screening software. Pay lease and Rent dynamics may be considered to be made direct part of ResMan main page.

• Reviewed on 07/06/2019
Daniel N.
Property Accountant
  • Reviewed on 23/03/2020

"Easy to use, great support, zero headaches!"

Comments: ResMan makes it easy to communicate with my property managers and for them to quickly find information related to vendors, invoices, and bill payments as well as resident payments. Overall definitely a great product.

Pros: The best thing about ResMan is that everything is very streamlined - my property managers can easily upload invoices and track rent payments, bills paid, and even communicate with their residents - all in one place. It makes my job easier because it is much easier to walk them through finding information when they can follow along with me, whether they are a few miles away or a few hundred.

Cons: Support could be a little better - there have been times where I've submitted inquiries to the support team and waited two or three days for an answer...sometimes five days to a week before the issue was resolved.

• Reviewed on 23/03/2020
Marketing / Assistant Manager

"Thoughts"

Comments: The experience hasn't been bad, I just wished we could submit issues and they would just get solved . It is very hard to take time to report an issue and actively answer questions when there are so many more things to do or work on.

Pros: - Easy to use
-Mobile device friendly
-Useful reports

Cons: -How hard it is to log in (unless you have a direct link; you just can't "google" Resman and log in
-Not having full access (Not controlled by you)
-Not having an auto save for bluemoon files ( I have to manually attach documents )
-Not having a tutorial for form letters. I learned how to make the file "Smart" to know what information to input on my own ..

Megan M.
Leasing Profesisonal
  • Reviewed on 31/12/2018

"Easy to use software for busy properties!"

Comments: Overall I had a great experience with ResMan and would recommend this software to anyone who is in the leasing field and especially to those who are in a busy office. Anyone can learn this software! Super easy to use!

Pros: I loved how easy it was to use this software and how easy it was to learn everything. They make everything user friendly which is great when your trying to learn a new software while working at a busy property.

Cons: The only thing I disliked about this software was that at least a couple times a month the software would be down and you would not be able to access anything which is bad if you are completely paperless in your leasing office. Most of the time it would only take an hour, however sometimes it would be out all day which was a pain.

• Reviewed on 31/12/2018
Greg M.
  • Reviewed on 08/06/2019

"Not perfect, but the best solution out there."

Comments: Overall it is a very good software. They spend way to much resources on old ways of doing things instead of new ways, but they still provide a good product.

Pros: The software is pretty awesome, but it's not good enough yet. The best part is the 800 customer service line that you can get as much help as you need. That is fantastic and makes a Hugh difference. Shorter wait time would be better.

Cons: That it doesn't integrate with Bluemoon, because they want you to use Easy Lease which isn't as good as Bluemoon. The application is not very good on Resman.

• Reviewed on 08/06/2019
Virginia H.
Executive Director
  • Source: SoftwareAdvice
  • Reviewed on 17/09/2018

"Absolute Gem"

Comments: Having used ResMan for about 1 1/2 years now, I am thrilled with the company. The conversion process was relatively painless. The data is well organized. There is a learning curve - as is the case with all new software. The training was excellent and the options provided are extensive. This software can be utilized by any size property management company.

Pros: All inclusive software. Permits multi-level user access. User friendly. Quick and friendly customer service. Many add on services available. Perfect for any size property management organization. All entries and/or deletions are recorded making an audit trail easy to follow.

Cons: To date there are no cons. There is a bit of a learning curve. However, the user manual is easy to read and follow.

• Source: SoftwareAdvice
  • Reviewed on 17/09/2018
Sophia F.
Assistant Manager

"Love Resman!"

Comments: I have been working with Resman for 2 years now and so far it has been my favorite program to use from my 5 years of working in the apartment industry.

Pros: What I enjoy most about Resman is that they are very forgiving if you make mistakes . It's usually simple smooth process to fix the problem. I also like the customer service they typically answer the first time you call or call you back within the hour if they are busy.

Cons: Sometimes when it's the last or first of the month , Resman runs very slow.

Anna M.
District Manager
Real Estate, 501-1,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 18/03/2020

"Easy and User Friendly, Great for any Property Management"

Comments: Great. Easy to learn, but I have been in the business for over 20 years.

Pros: ResMan is user Friendly and easy to learn.

Cons: Not much information on the internet for a new person to find training and how to use ResMan. I wish there was training, because some people are not user friendly.

• Reviewed on 18/03/2020
Laura W.
Individual & Family Services, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 05/10/2018

"Real Life Pros and Cons"

Comments: With my former company we had to do the monthly reports by hand, on paper, and had to make all that balance. Now I just enter everything and Resman puts it all together for my boss. I also really like that I don't have to keep as much filing in the office since I can look up anything on Resman.

Pros: What I liked most was the sense of accomplishment when I see everything that I have entered integrated.

Cons: I don't like that there are several ways to do each task so learning most of this software was quite hard. I felt a great deal of frustration and began to wonder why it took me so long to catch on. Broke my confidence a bit.

Graham C.
Managing Member
  • Reviewed on 17/10/2018

"Excellent Software for Home Based Business"

Comments: We were struggling with management tracking and ResMan stepped in with a clear, concise software that improved our structure. It has been great as we have developed as a company!

Pros: We have been lucky to work with ResMan for 4+ years. As we have grown our business, they have been excellent strategic partners and made training for our staff simple!

Cons: We have not had any complaints or issues that have not been resolved immediately!

• Reviewed on 17/10/2018
Pam B.
  • Reviewed on 17/01/2019

"Amazing!"

Comments: I love using Resman, its the most simple and effective software I have used thus far.

Pros: The software is user friendly!!!!!!!!!!

Cons: Nothing, the software is so simple to use, you can train yourself!

by ResMan on 18/01/2019

Pam, thanks so much for the positive review! Our original vision for the platform was to make property managers as effective as possible while fitting their daily lives. We're glad you love your software!

--Dennis Behrman, SVP of Marketing

• Reviewed on 17/01/2019
Gail C.
  • Reviewed on 24/06/2019

"Resman use @ Grentton Place 803-2B Grentton Place Browns Summit , N.C. 27214"

Comments: see above

Pros: form letters and reports-easy to create

Cons: easy to make an error-but I am new to Resman-I have only been with the Company (Apartment Dynamics) for 6 months and prior to that I used Yardi for 10yrs.

• Reviewed on 24/06/2019
Bushra M.
Regional Supervisor
Management Consulting, 11-50 Employees

"Makes job easier!"

Comments: Excellent!

Pros: User friendly and like the fact they are continuously making advancements and adding in new features based on the current changes and for making multifamily like easier. The customer Support team is very efficient.

Cons: Some features like: bulk reversals, ability to get residents poll should be added in future.

Tyler S.
Operations Manager
  • Reviewed on 04/08/2020

"Perfect for our growing property management company"

Comments: We have used Resman exclusively since they debuted and have really appreciated how willing they are to work with us in creating new features and customizing it to our needs.

Pros: Resman is incredibly easy to use and our employees pick it up very quickly.

Cons: Customer service has gone downhill after they got rid of the instant chat option.

Anel R.
Regional Supervisor
  • Reviewed on 12/10/2018

"Never had I worked with such a complete Software"

Comments: I have worked in the Apartment Industry for over 20 years, and I have used many software, but Resman I am in love with, I would not change it for anything is

Pros: I have worked in the Apartment Industry for over 20 years, and I have used many software, but Resman I am in love with, I would not change it for anything is

Cons: None abusolutly none I actually brag about how wonderful Resman is.

Heather P.
Asset & Operations Manager
  • Reviewed on 06/10/2018

"Serves It's Purpose"

Pros: This is a cost effective way to manage a property.

Cons: No way to download accounting to QuickBooks to handle accounting after selling a property. Needs instructions for Custom Reports. Customer service is very nice, but getting an answer is hit or miss and I often call other ResMan users because the customer service reps couldn't answer my question.

• Reviewed on 06/10/2018