• Overall
    4.5 /5
    4.5 /5
    4.3 /5

About ResMan

ResMan's platform is built to seamlessly manage multifamily units, delivering efficient workflows and free live chat support.

Learn more about ResMan

Becky O.
Vice President

"Easy, convenient"

Pros: I love that I can get an easy overview of my entire portfolio. The dashboard is useful, the reports are great and the software is very intuitive. There is an easy flow between products and everything is included in the monthly price.

Cons: I would like better reporting for excluded units

Jaimie O.
Pricing Manager/Resman Troubleshooter
  • Reviewed on 13/08/2020

"Smoothest Software Out There!"

Comments: Overall positive!

Pros: Instead of having different modules added on in an attempt to stay updated, REsman has a smooth, fully integrated platform that is user friendly and was easy (relatively) to install. We appreciate their ability to use integration partners, rather than forcing their customers to use ONLY their product, especially to integrate with our own website, insurance partner etc. This allows us more flexibility and control over which services we choose to use. They are one of the friendliest softwares for our on-site teams and have super good help videos and instructions. They are easy to get along with and I predict they will give Yardi and Onesite a run for their money. I highly recommend!

Cons: The accounting processes did not mesh quite as well, but our accounting department was able to come up with work arounds that satisfied them. Customer service used to be above expectations, but I think they have had some turnover and although I do think their customer service reps are polite and effective, we are not likely to get our issues resolved in less than 1 to 2 weeks now.

Jaqueline A.
VP of Operations
  • Reviewed on 20/03/2020

"I Absolutely Love Resman"

Comments: I think Resman is the best product available, compared to all the databases out there you outshine the all categories. The price point is perfect, except when you perform rate increases, upon renewal time. These increases, can take away from all the greatness.

Pros: I love how easy it is to set up and customize. Admin access is the absolute best, if I ever get stuck i simply pull up the resman help link and type in my concern, and boom, I can figure it out.

Cons: I wish set up was quicker. If a devoted team got it all done day ONE /TWO omg that was would be amazing. I get it takes time, but maybe it could be done.

• Reviewed on 20/03/2020
Diane L.
Partner

"Aspire Review"

Comments: Overall, our experience has been very good. The implementation and training we paid for was unfortunately sub par to say the least, leaving us with several significant issues to address on our own. These have been rectified, however not without "pain". For the most part everyone we work with at ResMan is responsive and more than willing to do what they can to help. Their online chat support is wonderful. It is a tool, as well as their help section that i strongly encourage everyone to use. A year into using the system, we just about have all our bugs worked out! Again, I contribute much of this to our sub par training at implementation.

Pros: The fact that it is so user friendlyfor both onsite and corporate associates while providing the reports needed.

Cons: THE BUDGET portion of the package. Needs to be able to accommodate properties with no ResMan history. Right now it only works for those who have history.

Mollie N.
Executive Vice President

"Leading Management Software"

Comments: From the initial implementation of my first property 7 years ago, to my most recent, ResMan works along side you and your team, keeping everyone on track to ensure the property is set up properly. We truly value this software, and highly recommend it to other management companies.

Pros: Having worked with other software, such as Yardi & OneSite, I am a firm believer that the very best software for the multi-family industry is ResMan! ResMan is extremely user friendly, easy to navigate, and the flow makes sense! The financial reports are excellent and meet the needs of my owners.

Cons: Overall, my experience has been very positive and I cannot think of a negative.

Jeanne F.
Owner/Mgr
  • Reviewed on 07/02/2018

"Poor support for complex program, Lots of features, big learning curve (even experienced managers),"

Comments: Liked the client format and ability to gather & share info w/clients. Liked integration with Bluemoon leases.

Pros: Lots of features (ability to upload photos, pets info, vehicles, leases). Seems simple at first, until you begin adding data & its counter-intuitive. Does have wide variety of multiple Report choices. Nice format to send client emails, notices and statements.

Cons: Very long-learning curve (even for experienced managers); sell `ease of moving into their system, but it isnt easy and doesnt have a smooth transition (& havent heard of any of our peers who did either). support isnt available in evenings (when mgrs. often need help, as apt offices are very busy during day hours). Unresponsive to recommendations. Chat (during day) is not very quick (are friendly) and has to escalate issue (which may take several days of going back & forth before issue is resolved if it can be resolved. Posting collections affects NOI and bottom line greatly (many owners/mgrs. who are doing major rehabs in class b-c-d properties no longer even list collections (which used to warn future landlords about a resident) because it affects their bottom line so negatively in Resman. There's not a way to make some GL accts options (or to have as optional or line-item info in reports as has been requested). Vendor invoices dont lay out like industry standard. Initial settlement statements input (even if done by Resman) and security deposits can mess up your system for years. Corrected posting errors in banking info cannot be hidden but show up, making scrolling post those corrected errors very long and disjointed. We have many friends in MF industry and all report difficulty & complexity of Resman, but like some of their better features. It isnt user-friendly or simple. Can have complex integration w/other partners initially or until you have kinks worked out.

by ResMan on 28/08/2018

Jeanne, thanks for your review. Our goal was to offer a single end-to-end system for operators in the field that included everything you need to manage a portfolio of assets. We knew we were on the right track, and in particular our product's workflows, resident communications, and the reliability of our data and reporting have garnered kind reviews.

In the six months since you wrote this review, we have worked hard to grow and improve our customer success team, and our case management and resolution numbers are looking great these days. We know that there's always room for improvement, so we'll be rolling out new ways to learn how to use ResMan, including online training, in the coming months.

We're truly grateful for your business, and please reach out for help if you need anything.

--Dennis Behrman

• Reviewed on 07/02/2018
Anc R.
Accounting, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 05/10/2018

"ResMan is like no other software"

Comments: I personally love ResMan because it has allowed me to increase efficiency and accuracy. I think it has saved the company a significant amount of money because without ResMan we would have had to hire many more people to complete the tasks that now are performed by two.

Pros: ResMan is designed to save you time and make sure that your entries are correct. I love that there is more than one way to complete an action (for example, to record an invoice you can click on the Invoice link on the bottom menu, or go to invoices from the top menu), and that there are checks in place that do not allow to save a transaction unless every cell has been completed correctly. I also like how customizable the system is by allowing you to create different permissions for each user, different permissions and custom settings for each property, and different reports based on personal/company preferences. Before we switched to ResMan, we had different softwares to track the different activities pertaining to managing properties, but now everything is in one place and it is so much more convenient and time efficient.

Cons: There was only one element that I did not like about ResMan and that was when every report displayed the ResMan logo in bright blue. The issue was addressed and the logo was removed within a short time.

John H.
Accountant
  • Reviewed on 22/10/2019

"Great for Large Multifamily Property Managers"

Comments: We used this software for about 6 months and switched. Onboarding was great. We were unique in that we had a lot of single-family properties and we had to make the software work for them but it was not meant for single-family and ultimately switched after 6 months.

Pros: The accounting function of this software was great. I was able to generate recurring bills monthly and automate many of monthly tasks. Onboarding was great, though costly, they had a great team get everything into their system and we had a great trainer come to our office and train the staff. No long term commitment, month to month pricing.

Cons: Even though it is not module based it is very similar to module-based software companies. You have to add the leasing vendor, a payment processor for tenants and collections integration. In all this software gets quite expensive very quickly. Not great software for commercial properties or single-family homes. They charge per property and cost starts to skyrocket.

• Reviewed on 22/10/2019
Karina G.
Management Consulting, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 13/03/2020

"Honest Review from Township Apts"

Comments: I have been using Resman for over 4 years and it has changed so many things for us on the operations of our property. It is so user friendly and training for new members has been an easier process.

Pros: The ease of using the software make our daily operations easier. The search bar is one of my favorite buttons, as well as being able to correct mistakes easily on ledgers.

Cons: What i like the least, is that many times the is really slow to load, especially towards the end of the business day.

by ResMan on 19/03/2020

Karina,

Thank you for your honest feedback. The quick search function is a lifesaver and we are glad to hear it is a favorite of yours.

Thanks Again,

Aaron Trujillo
ResMan | Marketing Director

• Reviewed on 13/03/2020
Kim K.
Community Director
  • Reviewed on 04/08/2020

"Resman is a great product!"

Comments: Highly recommend to anyone!

Pros: I absolutely love this software! I've been in the Multi-family Industry for over 20 years and have tried so many different programs. Resman is easy to use- Navigation is a breeze. Use of short cuts really saves time. I love the ability to have short cut links to the reports I print most often. I can look at my Dashboard and in minutes know everything from Occupancy to Renewals and Maintenance trends. Training and support are easy to understand and they get things resolved quickly. I love the ability to post delinquency notes on multiple apartments on the dash board in minutes. Messaging/Emailing Residents has never been easier! If I had the opportunity, I would love to go to more Resman Trainings. The great thing is, I continue to find more ways to be productive with the ease of Resman.

Cons: Sometimes runs a little slow. (Honestly could be my internet). Wish you could link to the apartment when you are on the dashboard of delinquency notes. (Quick link) Wish the texting platform told you not only the name, but also the apartment number.

Michael C.
Vice President - Operations

"ResMan"

Comments: Love the software. Worst on-boarding process I've ever experienced.

Pros: Ease of use. Display setup and options. User friendly.

Cons: Absolutely AWFUL on-boarding process I have ever experienced.

Esther O.
Assistant Property Manager
Management Consulting, 10,000+ Employees
  • Reviewed on 10/08/2020

"Resman is AWESOME!!!"

Comments: I love it!!!!!

Pros: I love how userfriendly the software is. Anyone can figure out how to use it without a training

Cons: I wish the texting system a bit more functional. We cannot receive anything other than texts. They should allow graphics and co :)

• Reviewed on 10/08/2020
Crystal C.
Area Manager

"5 year Resman user"

Pros: The software is very user friendly. I love the cloud based software, and the ease of being able to access the software from a tablet and cell phone, with ease. I like that the software is able to merge with so many other sites that we use, although they can improve the ease of the integrations going both in and out of the software.

Cons: The customer support help desk is lacking training and professionalism. The level one support system has issues solving any customer support concerns, and refuse to pass it to someone more experienced to handle it. In addition, the way they treat the customers is typically rude, and unprofessional. The reports aren't completely up to par with other software competitors customizable views/preferences.

Mohsin N.
Internal Auditor
Real Estate, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 07/06/2019

"User Friendly with Variety of Features"

Comments: Overall in a nut shell, the system is pretty awesome and is adequately equipped with all the necessary features like Accounting/Finance, Reporting requirements, Operations necessities and Administration & Management.

Pros: This software is very user friendly and offers a variety of features required to manage any property size efficiently and . The Dashboard is pretty awesome with respect to have features available right infront of you for rapid data analysis and quick decision making. Reports formats are easy to understand and filter options provide ease of use for any level. Right from Corporate to Property staff level, this gives convenience of use for everyone depending on the tasks and responsibilities. Permission Control with respect to roles and position is also very cool. Capability of going directly to the unit/apt from Reports is also great. Data integration and uploading is also remarkable.

Cons: Needs to have its own Screening software. Pay lease and Rent dynamics may be considered to be made direct part of ResMan main page.

Jenn H.

"I enjoy ResMan"

Comments: I have realized how easy and useful the variety of reports are. Such as lease expirations, delinquency, parking, etc. When I can't figure something out, the support team is always right there to walk me through the steps.

Pros: I like how many features there are. I also like how prompt and helpful the customer support team is.

Cons: Sometimes it's hard for me to figure certain things out (might just be user error.)

Jackie R.
Regional Manager

"Happy with ResMan"

Pros: Ease of reports. Using the Links option is super convenient!

Cons: Nothing in particular that i can think of.

Leslie M.
Executive Director
Hospital & Health Care, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 12/10/2018

"Good program"

Pros: While ResMan was intended for use with multifamily properties, our company uses it for an assisted living community. The functionality is flexible enough to be able to accommodate our needs. It would be more helpful if we were able to customize our invoices, mainly just reformatting to fit a windowed envelope better. The maintenance function is particularly helpful as it allows our maintenance department to stay on task. I like the fact that the transaction categories can be individualized for our business type, this makes things more accommodating for our business type.

Cons: For me, the least user friendly feature is trying to figure out how to turn back on the draft feature once it has been turned off due to an overdraft. This is not very apparent as to how to do this.

• Reviewed on 12/10/2018
Reuven B.
CFO
  • Reviewed on 07/06/2019

"Happy But Room for Improvement"

Comments: Positive tool, but continued R&D needed to keep on top. Great potential yet to be realized.

Pros: Unitary Structure allows for easy access to all pertinent data and ability to drill down on transactions. In addition it provides a good platform for extended and related services much as RUB administration and tenant payment options.

Cons: Needs more available and better quality help support. I am referring to humans. It's spotty. Last time I checked budgeting function was not fully operational either.
Transitioning is often more difficult than necessary.

Megan M.
Leasing Profesisonal
  • Reviewed on 31/12/2018

"Easy to use software for busy properties!"

Comments: Overall I had a great experience with ResMan and would recommend this software to anyone who is in the leasing field and especially to those who are in a busy office. Anyone can learn this software! Super easy to use!

Pros: I loved how easy it was to use this software and how easy it was to learn everything. They make everything user friendly which is great when your trying to learn a new software while working at a busy property.

Cons: The only thing I disliked about this software was that at least a couple times a month the software would be down and you would not be able to access anything which is bad if you are completely paperless in your leasing office. Most of the time it would only take an hour, however sometimes it would be out all day which was a pain.

• Reviewed on 31/12/2018
Karla P.
Office/Credit Administrator

"ResMan is amazing"

Comments: By using ResMan we have been able to become more efficient in our processes, which helps us with our bottom line. ResMan has made serving our tenants a very positive experience.

Pros: I like how easy it is to navigate and find the areas that I need. It has allowed all of our five properties work seamlessly together. I love how we are able to communicate with our tenants and have it logged into their pages.

Cons: I dislike the ability to customize things based on our needs. I also dislike the new format for the Knowledge base information. I have been unable to find anything that I am looking for.

Alexis R.
Leasing Manager

"I really enjoy ResMan"

Comments: I like that we are able to contact, do admin work and lease all through ResMan!

Pros: I like the speed and functionality of this software. It's very detailed as well. It holds us accountable for making all of our "i's" are dotted and "t's" crossed. A total step up front Yardi Voyager

Cons: None that I can immediately think of off the top of my head.

Virginia H.
Executive Director
  • Source: SoftwareAdvice
  • Reviewed on 17/09/2018

"Absolute Gem"

Comments: Having used ResMan for about 1 1/2 years now, I am thrilled with the company. The conversion process was relatively painless. The data is well organized. There is a learning curve - as is the case with all new software. The training was excellent and the options provided are extensive. This software can be utilized by any size property management company.

Pros: All inclusive software. Permits multi-level user access. User friendly. Quick and friendly customer service. Many add on services available. Perfect for any size property management organization. All entries and/or deletions are recorded making an audit trail easy to follow.

Cons: To date there are no cons. There is a bit of a learning curve. However, the user manual is easy to read and follow.

• Source: SoftwareAdvice
  • Reviewed on 17/09/2018
Lead Accountant

"ResMan Software Review"

Comments: Support is A+, Training was A+, Sofware is mixed. On the Accounting side it is an A. On the management side we have had several issues and would say it is a B-.

Pros: The back end accounting system. It is easy to enter bulk bills, scan and pay them. It offers a complete accounting solution so we no longer need to run our management software in one system and have our accounting books in a separate system. Support for ResMan is also 5 stars. With our previous software, we would wait days to hear something back about an issue we were having. Training was also great and they work to get all your information imported into their system.

Cons: The search function in the system is VERY limited. ResMan says it is intuitive but really unless you are searching exact text you get nothing. That is our biggest complaint with the system. Also, the system is almost module based which we were not used to. You have to have separate contracts for background, collections, lease generation, website, etc. This leads to very high cost for the software. In addition there is no mobile app you have to log in to your cell web browser and just make it harder to use than some of the other software out there.

Joel D.
  • Reviewed on 11/12/2019

"Best Property Management Software"

Comments: Overall its been a great experience. would not change software for the life of me. ResMan Rocks!!

Pros: 1) How easy it is to use the software
2) How Great the tutorials are
3) Knowledgeable tech support team

Cons: I dont really have an area that I dislike.

Jennifer M.

"Simply The Best"

Comments: We are able to go paperless in our leasing office and that is a huge deal for us and the environment.

Pros: I love how easy it is to navigate and use.

Cons: Sometimes there are a few settings that we aren’t sure how to change because there are settings for settings.