• Overall
    4.6 /5
    4.6 /5
    4.5 /5

About Zoho Invoice

Send invoices for projects and customer expenses, receive payment and track the overall health of your business quickly and efficiently

Learn more about Zoho Invoice

Gabriela H.
Human Resources, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 27/03/2021

"Simple and professional without a high price tag"

Comments: Great product that I recommend to anyone who needs to charge hourly rates, project based or just in general needs to create and send I voices that look professional without having to buy a whole accounting suite software.

Pros: I love the easiness of use, interface, features, and price! If there’s anything I don’t know how tondo or understand initially, the help section is very comprehensive with step by step instructions. I have never found myself stuck or not understanding how to do something, and this is the first time I use software like this. The timesheet is also super helpful for independent consultora like myself.

Cons: There really isn’t something I don’t like about it. I think it would be useful to be able to set reminders to create invoices or when they are past due, to get them on your email.

by Zoho on 14/04/2021

Hi Gabriela,

Thank you so much for leaving a stellar review for Zoho Invoice!

We understand that managing finances can become a real challenge for businesses, especially in the initial stages, and we're glad to know Zoho Invoice helps you manage them like a pro.

Good luck for your business, Gabriela!

• Reviewed on 27/03/2021
Nicholas T.
Director Of Operations
Real Estate, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 03/10/2019

"good software - some useful features"

Comments: Overall it got the job done with creating invoices but we ultimately cancelled the subscription. It was too expnesive for what it was and we just started doing invoices through Word or Excel. If you have the entire suite I could see why some businesses love and succeed with Zoho.

Pros: we used this software mostly to create intercompany and corporate invoices to vendors. I liked how you can set them up on a recurring basis, customize recipients and the look of the invoice and that you could access on your mobile device.

Cons: didn't integrate with our main accounting software so it was a lot of double entry. I also didn't like how every part of Zoho was a different section and product and price. For just Zoho invoice it was expensive and confusing for some users, being unable to use other parts of the system

by Zoho on 28/10/2019

Dear Nicholas,

Thanks for taking the time to share your feedback.

We understand that you felt the product to be expensive and that some of your users found it could be more intuitive. Sorry about that. If you are ready to give us a chance, we are happy to schedule a call, know your requirements and suggest the best plan.

We believe the import/export functionalities and our REST APIs could help you with pushing the data to your accounting platform. Just drop an email to [email protected] and we shall get in touch with you.

We would love to have you back with us!

The Zoho Invoice team

• Reviewed on 03/10/2019
  • Reviewed on 13/02/2021

"My Go For Invoicing platform"

Comments: It was hilarious at first, i was searching for an app to generate invoice when i am outside i came across zoho invoice gave it a try first try was funny as the functions didn't made any sense at first but soon after an hour so it felt like this application is really thought through when crafting, i quickly set it as my next go-to invoicing app on desktop and mobile and on the cloud, thanks you zoho for this wonderful service.

Pros: Everything from custom payment gateway integration to single click invoice genration, the best feature would be the inventory mangement and product catalogue making it easier to create invoice by typing the product name only everything will be fetched from the catalogue even the discounts and taxes are perfectly fine tuned with the invoice template. Started using as an On-The-Go invoice genrator and fell in love after generating first invoice.

Cons: The mail customizability the mail sent to payee is non-customizable(atleast for me) i want it to reflect offline payment instructions as well for some customers having no mode online payments that's the only drawback i found while using zoho invoice apart from this everything works perfectly fine.

by Zoho on 14/04/2021

Hi there,

Thank you so much for leaving such a wonderful review for Zoho Invoice! We're glad to learn your journey with us so far, and we hope to serve you more in the coming years.

With regards to the email that goes to your customers, you do have the option to customize it completely to match your brand. If you need any help setting it up, just drop an email to support[at]zohoinvoice[dot]com

• Reviewed on 13/02/2021
Dale L.
Principal and Owner
  • Reviewed on 16/01/2018

"I just switched from the "improved" FreshBooks to Zoho Invoice."

Comments: It meets most of my invoicing and time tracking needs, and at an over 50% reduction in monthly costs.

Pros: My small consulting firm has used Freshbooks for a couple of years. Recently they "upgraded" their product and I lost very basic functionality that I relied on day-to-day. While not perfect, Zoho Invoice provides most of that functionality and at an over 50% drop in price. I really like the previous FreshBooks solution, and would have eagerly embraced the new, but you cannot release a new version that supports so much less functionality that the last. OK, off that soap box. Zoho Invoice so far seems easy to use, with a few caveats I will spell out in the next section. The customization is great (almost, but not quite, to a fault). Some of what I consider basic functions for a consulting environment are available. Including the expense receipt images on the PDF invoice (HELLO FRESHBOOKS!!!) are very simple.

Cons: Three things. But keep in mind that even with these three things I find Zoho Invoice better suited to my needs over my current solution; Provide the option to include the expense date on the invoice!!!!! This is very basic and very needed. I see from reviews that people have been asking for this for several years. Provide a field for expense vendor. Sure I can setup a custom field, but when you get to the invoice you cannot access custom fields at the detail level. Provider the option to include the expense author on the invoice. I usually have two to three of us on an engagement all entering expenses for travel, lodging, meals, etc. By including the author, the client can easily see from whom the expense is coming from. To get around these shortcomings, I have my group enter expenses in a very specific way that includes these information in the notes field. Not optimal, but still works.

• Reviewed on 16/01/2018
Shane S.
Branch Coordinator
Real Estate, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 10/09/2019

"One of the Best!"

Pros: Zoho Invoice had almost everything we needed. The customization was great, the way they had line items setup was perfect. They accepted both Paypal and Stripe right out of the gate with no wonky overlays. It is a little bit of a no-frills system visually but it does everything you want it to do. Then there's the price, for what you pay you really cannot beat this platform.

Cons: The only reason we switched away from the Zoho Invoice service was integrations. When we implemented Proposify it didn't integrate with Zoho Invoice but had a seamless integration with Freshbooks. If Zoho Invoice had more integrations (non-Zapier) it would be great.

by Zoho on 11/11/2019

Hi Shane,

Thanks for the review.

It's good to know you liked the online payment integrations we have. Regarding the integration with Proposify, we are sorry that it's not available right now. But, if we roll it out in the future, we shall let you know.

That said, if you are interested, we can discuss how can set up the connection between these apps using our APIs.

• Reviewed on 10/09/2019
Melanie E.
  • Reviewed on 13/02/2018

"Excellent Invoice and Time Tracking Software for Freelancers and Small Businesses"

Comments: Excellent time tracking and accounting functionality at the excellent price!

Pros: The first obvious pro is that for a single freelancer this software is free at a fully functional level. Given that other alternatives I have made use of in the past cost at least p/m, often more, for the same, or even less, functionality, it's a great choice indeed. Also very impressive is the level of functionality available. I currently maintain a 35 client active client database, can track time for and bill them all, receive payment in several different ways including PayPal and M/Visa and get excellent reports with a few clicks on all kinds of aspects of my account activity.

Cons: Sometimes the settings can be a little hard to adjust, you may have to dig deep to figure some things out, but after two years of use, I do pretty much have it figured out now.

• Reviewed on 13/02/2018
Randeep K.
Digital HR manager
Mining & Metals, 10,000+ Employees
  • Reviewed on 15/08/2018

"Zoho invoice assists in sending invoices, receiving payments and provides reminders about pending payments."

Pros: For a startup company, safeguarding finances and using it wisely is of great importance for the survival of the company. The features Zoho invoice provide are simply worthy as compared to its price. It is so easy to maintain invoices, receivables, expenses and many others. One of its prominent is the multiple currency feature. And as far as personalization is concerned, they have made custom templates highly personalized. All in all, it is a must-have application for startups.

Cons: The app seems to be biased towards iOS more than Android. It works better on Apple devices as compared to Android devices. Also adding a feature, wherein one could know if the client has opened the email about payment would be quite good as it would remove any unwanted friction.

• Reviewed on 15/08/2018
.kim M.
Design, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 18/04/2019

"Zoho Invoice Is A Convenient Way To Invoice Customers Digitally"

Comments: I will be using Zoho Invoice for many years in the future. It's a great interface that store and records all the payments, contacts, addresses, and payment methods of customers. Once you create the first invoice, its very easy to create another one and send them out to customers. Tracking which customers were sent which invoices and on which dates is very accurate when you use Zoho Invoice.

Pros: I have been using Zoho Invoice for many years and loved its ease of use right from the start. It's easy to register, setup, configure, and add contacts to create invoices. Once you create a contact, it stores the customers information for future invoices, payments, and payment methods. Repeated payments are simple and you can setup and track recurring payments automatically as well.

Cons: If you are in a hurry to get the payment with the customer on the phone it's not as fast as it might be because you have to add a contact first. The other issue is that the customization options and flexibility of the invoice designs and invoice options themselves is somewhat limited.

• Reviewed on 18/04/2019
Arung I.
  • Reviewed on 14/11/2018

"A tool for small business that would really like to keep their booking managed"

Comments: I needed a software to manage my income and outcome report but also helps me to keep track of the business prospects and marketing targetting. Came across this software with keywords "Invoice tool with marketing features", use it and I love it how I can control my marketing staffs in making an offer and track the follow-ups records. Another thing I love about this software is the currency switcher, since my products are sold in USD and IDR, also since Paypal exchange currency rate is lower than the market this tool rate customizer really comes in handy.

Pros: The simplicity, the currency exchange rate customizer, the simple report system, the Paypal option to receive payment, and the mobile app that works.

Cons: The loading time took a bit if it's opened from a weak internet signal. Not important

• Reviewed on 14/11/2018
Avana V.
Creative Directo
Graphic Design, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 25/11/2016

"Zoho Invoices helped me get organised!"

Comments: As a graphic designer and custom tshirt maker , I operated my business for two years prior and being a one-woman-show, keeping records, getting payments and communicating with all my clients was very tedious. Zoho invoices has made all of these a breeze! Creating invoices really couldn't be any faster and I love how everything can be customised to fit my brand. The mobile app helps me manage my business on the go. My clients have commented on how organised and professional my business has gotten and I couldn't agree more! Highly recommend

Pros: 1. the mobile app
2. The customisable templates
3. User Interface
4. Client portal
5. the dashboard that shows income

Cons: 1. There's no bulk mail option to send newsletters
2. I cant have different notes for different templates. I have to keep making minor edits everytime

Ashish T.
Co-founder & Chief Product Officer
Legal Services, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 05/04/2019

"Most Recommend. Makes your accounts so easy."

Comments: It's Wonderful. Honestly. Easy to use. Awesome Support. If you wish to maintain your books, and looking for the software,it's most recommended.

Pros: It's very easy to use. We're a Startup and able to manage our Account Books so easily without any Profesional Accountant.

Cons: If some more standard invoice templates could be given would be great. Though, there is sufficient scope of customization, but getting more templates ready might be helpful to many.

• Reviewed on 05/04/2019
Robbie A.
Co-Founder
Recreational Facilities & Services, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 14/10/2019

"Great free option if you only bill in one currency for a couple of clients."

Comments: Generally been very happy with it for what I needed it for, billing a couple of clients in Euros.

Pros: It's free. Once set up, it's pretty easy to use. Professional looking invoices. Nice way to keep track of all expenses and payments.

Cons: Not really possible to bill in different currencies to a client. Have to just choose one and stick with it.

by Zoho on 28/10/2019

Dear Robbie,

Thanks for reviewing us.

While it's not [yet] possible to bill the same customer in multiple currencies, you can clone the customer and save it with a different currency. This could serve as a workaround for now.

If you have any other questions, feel free to reach out to [email protected]

The Zoho Invoice team

• Reviewed on 14/10/2019
Doriangel M.
Analista de la Unidad Casos de Salud
  • Reviewed on 03/07/2018

"This company has a lot to give with its software, Zoho Invoice is a great business solution"

Comments: Zoho Invoice is an exceptional software for those companies with the need to issue invoices and budgets. Its use is quite easy and can be learned by anyone with knowledge in the billing area. I recommend this program.

Pros: When we started to explore the products that Zoho has to offer, among them we found one of the most valuable tools that we currently use in our Management, Zoho Invoice, a software that is easy to use and of great value for our workforce. The most outstanding feature we find of Zoho Invoice is to make invoices and budgets quite easily, adapting to the standards of our country by reason of taxes, unit prices, global prices, and printing personalization of invoices as company stamps, space for wet selos, digital signatures and other benefits that make it a fundamental tool in our workspace.

Cons: Like Zoho Social, this software requires an optimal internet to perform its functions to the fullest, product of the power deficiency of the internet in my region, sometimes Zoho Invoice does not work in the best way.

• Reviewed on 03/07/2018
Saugat S.
Education Management, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 19/07/2020

"An Enormous Platform"

Comments: My overall experience with Zoho has been amazing. The best I like about Zoho is their amazing customet service. They are very quick and always at our service. Im thankful to Zoho for being our marketing platform too.

Pros: I have been using Zoho since the inception of my organization. The customer care is exceptional and they are always ready to assist you. The best thing about Zoho Invoice is that you are always on track of the payments made by your client and it is very easy to update and inform too. There are enough templates that we can manage or custom made as per our preference. Im fully satisfied with Zoho.

Cons: One feature that bothers me is to update a logo on the invoice. Maybe that's something that Im yet to learn bit Zoho and its multiple platforms has made it so easy for our financing and documenting process.

by Zoho on 23/10/2020

Hi Saugat,

Thank you so much for taking your time to leave us a detailed review!

We're pleased to know your experience with our customer success team. Regarding updating your logo on invoices, the process is pretty straightforward You just have to update it once under Settings > Organisation Profile, and that's it. Feel free to reach out to us at support[at]zohoinvoice[dot]com, we can schedule a call and help you on this.

The Zoho Invoice Team

• Reviewed on 19/07/2020
Josh B.
Capital Markets, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 03/08/2017

"Investors Dream with Marketing Automation, CRM, Accounting, Projects, Forms and more"

Comments: Tracking all of our marketing efforts directly in CRM and even capturing social sales like never before. The ability to tie everything together is already have a profound impact on our sales.

Pros: It truly lets you manage nearly all the aspects of a business in an integrated portal and an affordable price point it is seriously revolutionary.

• Reviewed on 03/08/2017
Charles M.
ICT Consultant
Consumer Services, 2-10 Employees

"Great Application"

Comments: This is definitely an app i would recommend to anyone. Try it, its worth it.
Easy to customize, setup and integration... works like a charm!

Pros: Easy to use, setup, integration, customization with templates, mobile app...

Cons: Adding fields to templates feature doesn't work anymore and its annoying.

Tony Y.
IT Manager
  • Reviewed on 20/02/2019

"Easy to create beautiful invoices"

Pros: 1. Cost effective way to create invoices
2. Invoices and quotes can be templated and customized to liking.
3. Web based access from anywhere.
4. Integration with credit card processors, Paypal and Wepay

Cons: 1. Not much complaints. Works fine for us. Cost is reasonable.

• Reviewed on 20/02/2019
Cesar Z.
  • Reviewed on 15/03/2018

"Great application for my small business"

Comments: Easy to configure and re-brand. We love using the dashboard for a quick review of activities.

Pros: We have used invoice to track our time, expenses and estimates for the last four years. The application makes it very easy for our staff to enter their times and e-mail the invoices to our customers.

• Reviewed on 15/03/2018
Varun V.
  • Reviewed on 25/11/2016

"Perfect for my business"

Comments: I run a branding and digital marketing consultancy and we use Zoho for estimate and invoicing purposes. We used to go by traditional excel and word process before and we have to say that this is the best investment we did for our business. Documentation work just got so much easier to do and manage. Will definitely recommend to all business small and large, for the ease of use!

Pros: Ease of use
Customisation

Cons: Nothing in specific

Vice President - Growth
Internet, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 04/10/2018

"Perfect invoicing tool for startups and SMEs"

Pros: Easy to learn and use, they understand the tax complications well. Can easily deal with clients across the globe leveraging zoho. Also, it fits small business requirements well through it's pricing plan.

Cons: The API documentation could be better, though they have a good customer support backing, so didn't face a lot of issues. Archinving system could be better too.

• Reviewed on 04/10/2018
Aloha bob M.
Photography, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 16/08/2018

"Makes Invoicing So Much Easier"

Comments: As someone who is horrible at all things financial, Zoho Invoice really did help me get my company's finances in a better place. I was very easily able to get all of my items set up, create invoices as needed and receive payments without much hassle. All if it's features are pretty easy to learn and overall much less cumbersome to use than other financial options.

Pros: Finding out about the auto invoicing was a godsend for those annual invoices. The program worked very smoothly and was great about reminders for me and my clients. The fact that it made it easy for my clients to pay was a plus.

Cons: I can't think of any downsides. I guess if anything I'd like if there were a lower-priced option for small companies that only do 10 or so transactions per month.

• Reviewed on 16/08/2018
Jason B.
Sales Manager
  • Reviewed on 17/03/2018

"Fast and easy to use"

Pros: This is an awesome product for invoices. Prints come out looking very professional and clear. Zoho rocks!

• Reviewed on 17/03/2018
Mark F.
VP
Insurance, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 30/08/2019

"Wow! You gotta get this invoicing software. Its simple, clean and affordable."

Comments: At first glance, we thought zoho invoice was limited in its capabilities. This was because the dashboard interface is just so clean. But as we started to use the software, we quickly realized it had more abilities than most invoicing add-ons or software. I love how you can create multiple templates for invoices and easily adjust them on the fly. Or you can automate them being sent out and sync them to your CRM. This helps our sales team know which clients are paying their bills or which ones are very loyal to us.

Pros: I love that you can create templates for invoices which makes it easy to adjust on the fly.

Cons: No cons, We love zoho invoice! I don't see how other wouldn't agree.

• Reviewed on 30/08/2019
chief software developer
  • Reviewed on 28/03/2019

"Zoho Invoice is the best billing option for small business."

Comments: I am really satisfied with his product. It saved my time a lot. For invoice generation, you don't have to worry much about template, tax calculation etc... Also in a very cost effecting method.This is the best option for small and medium companies for invoice generation. Thank you team for a perfect product for invoice generation.

Pros: I have been using this product for the last 6 months. Since I am working in small company, invoice generation and billing is a majour issue. And zoho invoice is the best solution for that. It is very easy to use.You can generate and send invoices very easily. The best part is the templates. You can select a template and all you have is to edit your company logo and content. This makes your invoice professional. Also the pricing scheme is attractive. Overall I love this software.

Cons: I will say this is a perfect software for invoice generation.I didn't find much drawbacks with this product. Still for a person with out much knowledge in accounting may find it difficult for the first time. But once you start using this product, it will be easy to use.

• Reviewed on 28/03/2019
Margaret S.
Hobby Blogger/Vlogger
  • Reviewed on 10/04/2018

"Fast and very easy to use!!! Great customer service as well."

Pros: The invoicing software is very easy to use. I just went straight ahead using it with no fuss. It helped me organise my profits and expenses. The mobile app is great too! It is very affordable for its price compared to competitors.

Cons: So far I didn't find any cons using this software, I've yet to try their subscription option next time. So far so good.

• Reviewed on 10/04/2018