• Overall
    4.6 /5
    4.6 /5
    4.4 /5

About Slack

Slack brings all your communication together in one place. It's real-time messaging, archiving and search for modern teams.

Learn more about Slack

Showing 25 reviews of 19,817

Brent w P.
Evangelist
  • Reviewed on 22/12/2020

"The communication tool you can't do without"

Comments: Slack has improved our communication workflow with our team and improved the way we interact with clients. It allows for multiple language to be spoken by using some translation tools, thus including more staff and especially non-english speaking staff.

Pros: Slack is a great collaborative software that helps users to collaborate across cities, countries, and timezones. It is a crucial part of our project workflow and helps to let developers, project managers, and clients speak to each other in a collaborative enviroment. It has numerous integrations that allow for third-party apps to interact, create, and receive messages and alerts. These integrations allow us to have one place in which all communications can flow and makes it easier for a worldwide team to be up on the latest updates and critical alerts that may happen.

Cons: The slack tool can be a little battery intensive, especially as you add more slack channels. It also gets quite expensive as you add additional paid members to the group. If you are not aware of all your paid members, or you add guests as paid it can get very expensive quickly. Because this is a discussion, it is also possible that critical conversations can get lost in the stream of texts coming through.

• Reviewed on 22/12/2020
Associate Consultant
Information Technology & Services, 10,000+ Employees
  • Reviewed on 15/05/2019

"Slack : A very quick review"

Comments: Slack improves correspondence among colleagues. In spite of the fact that it doesnot supplant the need of email yet yes it clearly reduces unnecessary inside messages Slack stays a standout amongst the best group informing applications since it offers more than some other application in this classification. For a variety of devices and platforms, Slack is available: mobile Mac, Windows, Linux, Web, Android, iOS, and Windows.
It is a cloud-based tool in real time, so you need an Internet connection to use it regardless of which app you have.

Pros: What I truly like is to discover individuals and ping them and begin a transformation. Most significant, you can share records, photographs, URL, gifs (Very significant), in a solitary spot.
Making joint effort simple and something to appreciate.
at the point when significant data is imparted to other application it gets lost and there is no record of it. With the slack channel, the data is put away and can be utilized as references Slack makes it workable for its clients to have numerous alternatives of getting informed. The best component, as I would see it, is the place somebody can "@" you in a message or a post.

Cons: Below are some points which I least like in Slack: Video calls are just bolstered in the work area applications and Slack for web in the Chrome program. In the event that you join a call from a cell phone, you get sound as it were. So also, screen sharing just works from the work area applications, what's more, sharing control of screen sharing just works in the Mac and Window work area applications (not Linux). From the web application in Chrome, you can watch on the off chance that another person utilizes screen sharing, yet you can't start it. There is also no option for downloading conversations to create a hard copy record (for minutes of meeting, etc.). No File Preview: If you could preview a document without downloading it first, it would be nice. But Slack does'nt have this feature.

• Reviewed on 15/05/2019
Sanskriti G.
Implementing Slack at work was an absolute decision.
  • Reviewed on 09/10/2020

"Implementing Slack at work was an absolute decision"

Comments: We implement slack for inter-office communications. Slack made the communication possible and managing workflows was a lot easier. We often use slack for real-time messaging not, particularly for archives. Overall, slack has enhanced our business productivity, collaboration between project teams, and managed to provide streamlined communication.

Pros: Slack was easy to use and implement at work. The web version of slack works completely fine. The slack interface is streamlined and ideal for business communication. We are able to replace emails at work and use communication on slack, which is quick and easy for project teams. The most significant thing I loved about Slack is, it can be integrated with other productivity, communication, and collaboration tools to make the work more streamlined and can be an optimum choice for automation and scripting.

Cons: The only downside to this application is its pricing. The standard plans lack most of the important features, so we thought of upgrading to Plus. Since the price is based on per person per month, we found the pricing for Plus too high. So, we had expected if the price could be pay-per-module, but that can’t be helped either.

• Reviewed on 09/10/2020
Tom L.
Head of IT
Wholesale, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 24/12/2020

"Best Task Management"

Comments: Overall I am content with Slack. Comparing to the previous ones we have tried using, Slack definitely kept all of us on the same page when it comes to the progress of a project. There's no confusion or misunderstanding. Slack makes everything transparent for me and my team. Before we use Basecamp, Asana, just to name a few. After years of trials and error, Slack works the best for me and my organization.

Pros: Personally for myself, as a manager who is too busy to follow-up and check on my staff's progress. Slack has been very helpful in allowing my staff to update the board without me having to reach out. I just log on daily to see the progress of my team on an easy to view dashboard.

Cons: Sorting & Filtering old projects - Perhaps maybe achieve old projects I no longer need to view. It can be quite a clutter to see a project that was discuss 2 years ago. Its not a big deal since the project are able to have old ones at the bottom.

• Reviewed on 24/12/2020
Souhil S.
Entrepreneur
Design, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 11/12/2020

"The perfect Team Collaboration Tool"

Comments: I really like Slack, and it saved me a lot of money and time because I have an online business and now I really don't need to have a real-life office to run my business and stay organized with the team I just use Slack with other tools Slack support and that's it, It's perfect for everyone especially small businesses like mine.
I use Slack daily and I will keep using it because I think it's the best tool for me and for my team and I really don't need to use another one because I can do everything I want with Slack and I know the team behind it is trying to do their best to improve it and add more useful and powerful features to help us stay organized.

Pros: It's a very cheap and easy to use tool with a friendly user interface and I can change it to a dark theme which I like a lot.
I like the chat option because I can send and receive real-time messages and chat with my team directly and the Slack messaging app is very powerful and amazing.
I also like the emojis and gifs in the chat because it brings a lot of fun to the workspace.
I feel very safe using Slack because they have a strong security system and I don't need to worry about the safety of my files when I share them.
It helped me to save a lot of time and to stay organized and have all my projects in just one place and I really don't need to use other tools to do this.
I really don't need to train my VA's to use Slack because some of them used it before and some they find it very easy to use and they get used to it in just a few days.
I improved my productivity and now I don't need to waste any time because Slack helped me and the Team to developed focused channels and to focus on what's important for the company and for the business in general.
I love the integration option Slack has because I can use it with multi-useful tools now for example Google Drive, Google Docs, Google Calendar, Zoom, Trello...etc.
Their support is amazing and they have a lot of videos and tutorials about these tools and I learned a lot from them.

Cons: They can improve the mobile app and add more cool features in the future.
They can Improve the search feature because sometimes It's really hard to find something especially if the workspace is big and there are many channels.
They can add a video chat feature to this tool because a lot of companies now are using the video option in other tools for better communication.

• Reviewed on 11/12/2020
Hamid G.
Market Research, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 01/12/2020

"Slack is the answer to Email's poor usability"

Comments: In one word, Slack is excellent. It makes work fun, lively, dynamic, transparent and much more real-time. Even though our team is fully remote, we can feel connected because of the communications and collaborations tools that Slack provides.

Pros: Our team adopted Slack in preparation of becoming a fully virtual, distributed company, and also as an alternative to email, which creates blind spots of knowledge within the organization. Our work has been completely transformed by adopting Slack! First, we had 100% adoption of the platform as our primary internal communications medium. Second, the transparency of information and project cycles have allowed us to be far more efficient and effective for our clients (response times, clarity of recommendations, deliverables), and finally, it has eliminated about 50% - 75% of our daily emails. A massive win!

Cons: While Slack has several tools for tagging information and prioritizing information, it provides limited tools for prioritization. While it's primarily a communications/collaborations platform and not a project management tool, adding ability to better prioritize certain tasks would help make this tool even more effective for a professional services company.

• Reviewed on 01/12/2020
Finn R.
Accountant
Marketing & Advertising, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 06/11/2020

"Easy software for managing various team related activities, free version comes with limited feature"

Comments: Very easy to use app and quite a life saver when it comes to various team internal activities. However, the features included in the free version are quite limited and the price for the full version can easily be considered too much especially for startups, smaller companies or very big teams. All in all, I believe that Slack is a good and really useful app but it´s value, what you get for the money you spend could still be improved.

Pros: Possibility to have 1:1 discussions with colleagues. Valuable when dealing with a task together. Group Collaboration - The capability to bring an undertaking together and share with a team. Gathering Chat - The ability to have one zone/space where the group teams up, shares thoughts, and cooperates to convey issues. Bot Integration - The ability to incorporate different apparatuses and bots that can make the day simpler. Capacity to integrate web conferencing devices such as Zoom, Webex, Teams etc. Able to make plans for the day, track time, and so on Oversee a Team - Great approach to deal with a group that is working distantly in remotely geographic areas. I am especially fond of how easy and respectful the communication with other team members is. Practically all different Saas suppliers are integrated which permits the user to do practically all activities inside the Slack. The Advanced Search History is another extraordinary component for group correspondence Channels are keeping correspondence simpler inside the team or with non-team members.

Cons: Some of the time the ´´Search in History´´ function does not work as it is supposed to. However, this is the case with most visiting instruments that occasionally you have to look up one small step at a time to discover the set of experiences you are searching for. Video and voice meeting actually need to improve. anticipating utilizing Slack just as opposed to having different programming introduced The by far greatest limitation of the app is that the free version has a constraint of messages that can be saved, which incorporates the documents that are sent. Slack's paid arrangement is extravagant for new companies and organizations having low income/large groups.

• Reviewed on 06/11/2020
Christopher W.
Creative Director
Entertainment, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 12/10/2020

"Why We Use Slack For Our Start-Up"

Comments: Slack has been a great addition to our daily work ethic. Being able to use it on a mobile device as well as desktop is key and it has become an integral part of splitting up our tasks. I really couldn't recommend it more.

Pros: The overall ease of this software is superb. Every one of our team members found it easy to use immediately.

Cons: The one thing that bugs me is the return button. If you are writing a message then if I want to use a new line by pressing return Slack actually sends the message. So I then have to go in and edit my message. Return in Slack is another key. You would think would be easy to remember but then every other product has the return key used as a new line so I'm always having to edit my messages of they are spaced out.

• Reviewed on 12/10/2020
Founder & CEO
Internet, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 28/09/2020

"Team Communication Simplified"

Comments: We are using Slack as our primary communications as in-team and external members as well. Slack makes communications more professional than other casual messaging tools. There is a respect for other team members' private life as setting notifications off the work hours. We can keep all our commuınication in Slack and able to search and find our communications later.

Pros: Team Communication is easy and respectful to other team members.
Integrations with almost all other Saas providers allows users to do almost all actions within the Slack.
Advanced Search History is a great feature for team communication
Channels are keeping communication easier within the team or with external members.

Cons: The in-app call and video call options are still terrible in September 2020.
Exporting communication only available to admin. This should be done for everybody at least for private communications.
File search is still not good.

• Reviewed on 28/09/2020
Lisa L.
Agile Coach
Computer Software, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 11/08/2020

"Best Collaboration Tool Available!"

Comments: Slack has been wonderful to use both professionally and personally. I have managed multiple cross functional projects utilizing this tool to gather the most recent information needed for status reports, metrics, check-ins etc. Personally I use it to collaborate with my Agile Coach friends across the globe to share tools, tips and tricks we use while supporting our teams at work. We also use it monthly during our zoom meetups to chat amongst ourselves and share info during the call etc. I highly recoomend this collaborative tool.

Pros: I LOVE that you can create your own channels to keep conversations and shared documents organized and easily accessible for different groups you are collaborating with.
I also LOVE that these channels don't expire and can be accessed by anyone across the globe that you are collaborating with. This has changed the way collaboration can happen virtually in real time!

Cons: The # hashtags can cause me issues when I am searching for things but I am starting to get better at using them.

• Reviewed on 11/08/2020
Lauren H.
Executive Assistant
Media Production, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 27/04/2020

"Never Slacks"

Comments: I was first introduced to the product when I was working at a photographic agency. It's a very fast-paced environment that requires incredibly efficient communication and swift project management. I was doing my research and experimented with Slack for a brief time. I felt inspired by the benefits and presented it to the workplace. They immediately downloaded the solution and I set up the software for them from my side. Within minutes, we had a newly impressive communication tool that eased our stresses at a colossal level. Very great build and I look forward to its growth.

Pros: I love this application for a majority of reasons. Slack is very minimalistic but also beautifully done. It presents your desired information in a very organized manner and makes it easy for the receiver to understand. It balances colors well and provides brief templates for you to use. Another aspect I like about Slack is the multiple formats of data you can send into a single chatroom space. It's extremely convenient and essential for your company's needs.

Cons: I don't have any negative thoughts for Slack because it fulfills our company's needs to a great extent.

• Reviewed on 27/04/2020
Jeff M.
Director, Engineering IT Operations
Education Management, 5,001-10,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 23/04/2020

"Great product that has become more important than ever"

Comments: Prior to implementing Slack we tended to have a mix of emails, chats, and some intranet announcement board setups. Now, we put all of that in Slack which makes it much easier to keep up with what is going on as well as to search for anything that you need. It has been a huge plus for us in all ways and we have a lot of other integration options we are looking at implementing.

Pros: Communication with my entire team is easily available within Slack as well as subsets of my team. Slack has played a key role for several years but that role has become critical as we have shifted operations entirely online. We have channels for different topics and the ability to easily customize alert settings for channels has been a huge plus. The ability to integrate with outside systems has allowed us to automate many tasks such as letting the service desk know when issues occur.

Cons: Traffic can get busy so I need to be particular about how my notifications are set up. I then check in periodically on the channels that I don't receive notifications for to keep up with what is going on.

• Reviewed on 23/04/2020
Jason taylor F.
Governance, Risk & Compliance Administrator
E-Learning, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 05/04/2020

"Necessary for any Team that wants to Communicate"

Comments: It's a very powerful tool that is the backbone of non-face-to-face communications. It's easier and less formal than emails so folks are more apt to just jump in and communicate (which is great). But with loose structure around it, folks are more apt to just spout nonsense in there. The chatroom style of organizing the communication can make it difficult to get past noise since it only takes a GIF or two to push the real communication out of visibility. It's like any communication tool there needs to be etiquette, organization, etc. Slack just happens to be one of those tools that is so powerful and flexible that it can make things very productive or very distracting.
In the end, with folks being remote, it is an incredibly handy tool (desktop app, browser, or mobile app) to keep folks in touch with each other.

Pros: I love that almost any service can send notification through Slack either directly or with an integration tool. Jira ticket creations get alerted in specific channels based on project/issue type for example. And Slack can be used to create polls, set reminders, etc. The sidebar organizes your channels (which can be public or private) as well as your DMs (which can be with 1 person or a group of people). The search function is neat, and channels/DMs can be searched/saved/archived/etc.

Cons: Ok, the downside can be astronomical- but it can be controlled with good administration. Slack can easily get out hand with multiple channels that confuse standard-authoritative messaging, and if the channels get too numerous then Slack monitoring can become a very distracting activity (so make rules on channel creation). Similarly, the flexibility of Slack can lead to a wide range of input from folks (GIFs, emoji-reactions, etc.).

• Reviewed on 05/04/2020
QC Engineer
Computer Games, 1,001-5,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 22/03/2020

"A must for professional communication"

Comments: The deployment and set up was easy and after about a couple of days, you will get used to it. Slack is our primary application for professional communication with clients and offshore teammates. Having multiple channels for various purposes is a good feature. Sometimes the loading time is high, and even when you search for messages, but this can be overlooked when considering slack as a package.

Pros: Slack is very easy to use with its simple and highly professional UI making things easily available, like the search, using emojis and reactions, etc. Unlike Microsoft Teams, here in Slack you can search for a message using a keyword, and trust me this is a lifesaver. You can have multiple channels set up for a variety of communication purposes. The mobile version is also good and reliable. The app is easy to use but at the same time has very professional UI and all the necessary features.

Cons: Slack is expensive when compared to its competitors. It should have a feature to search for gifs online like MS teams. You may miss out on some important emails as most messages are conveyed on the chat. So you have to be clear about it, emails are still a priority when it comes to professional communication.

Amar M.
Senior Lead Engineer
Health, Wellness & Fitness, 501-1,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 22/03/2020

"Helped keep our team across the world be on the same page"

Comments: We have a large team spanned across the globe and with slack its easy to keep everyone on the same page.

Pros: How easy it was to use. There has been other software that does the same thing and recently Microsoft has been pushing teams. However in my opinion Slack was the first one on the block. We used skype but it seemed "clunky". The group functionality and the ability to integrate with API is awesome. We have it linked both to snow and outlook calendar.

Cons: The only thing I dislike is that you can not see if a user has read your message (somewhat like whatsapp or imessage)

Tigran H.
Developer
  • Reviewed on 17/02/2020

"Slack review for company use"

Comments: Overall It's a very useful app for little teams and big companies, you can manage your team/s with this app, beside chatting and conversation, it seems like you can visualise your work here with many addons. For example I have integrated github, jira, pivotal and these types of apps and can see notifications coming from this task managment tools in channel, like everything one place, event can call inside channel with hangouts app.

Pros: I like team workspace like design of app, especially the channels for teams, private channels, taggings by team, threads, and bots inside it which are very useful for variety of reasons, helping to increase users productivity and contributing for team to work fast.
Another thing seems to me very useful is integrating google calendar with slack which show to my teammates when I am busy or in a meeting or when I am free near my name on app.

Cons: Sometimes it has problems with mobile app push notifications, e.x many times I tried to reply message from push notifications but seems it not sends message showing could not send without notifying me. Another thing I noticed in recent times It has problems with video streaming, I mean when someone uploads video It sometimes streams very slowly .

• Reviewed on 17/02/2020
Thomas B.
  • Reviewed on 11/02/2020

"Beats All Other Business Communication Tools"

Comments: Overall, as a business owner and marketing agency, it's been a game-changer to use Slack because it really does streamline our workflows and bring everything together. We needed one central communication tool that we could share docs, send quick messages, come up with ideas, have calls, do video conferences, share screens, and collaborate cross-organization. Slack allows all of that.

Pros: The integrations with other software are amazing. I can get instant updates from websites, tools, CRM's, and much more all in slack. It makes the "instant messaging" tool much more valuable. Instead of needing to log into 20 different tools I can just check channels that we have created.

Cons: Nothing really. I came from a Hangouts/Chat world where there are a lot of limitations so to use a tool that doesn't have those are amazing.

• Reviewed on 11/02/2020
Greg B.
Salesforce consultant
Computer Software, 501-1,000 Employees
  • Source: SoftwareAdvice
  • Reviewed on 05/02/2020

"great app to collaborate with your team and beyond"

Comments: I joined the company after working with Office 365 and Skype for Business for many years, I was worried that I would struggle to adjust to a different communication method, but I quickly found the ability to add public and private channels to me immensely useful in my day to day life, I can compartmentalise my projects, social interactions, official communications and even different office locations with ease, I would definitely struggle to go back to the more basic tools such as Skype for Business personally

Pros: with Slack, you can have multiple workspaces within the one app, so I can be working on a project for a client who has their own instance of Slack, get added to their channels for the project, and interact with them in their environment, all the while still being able to remain in my company environment, which lets me separate my comms, but keeps it all in the same app. I also enjoy the fact that I can create my own custom Emojis to use in the chats, it makes for a more personalised experience when I am reacting to a colleague with my own emojis rather than the default smilies.

Cons: I have not seen a guest functionality on Slack, so you have to be a registered user to be able to interact with other users. I have also noticed a few colleagues who have had issues with audio calls not picking up the microphone, certainly on older model Macbooks. But I have never had the issue myself.

• Source: SoftwareAdvice
  • Reviewed on 05/02/2020
Rick B.
Senior Pastor
Religious Institutions, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 04/02/2020

"Slack for church teams"

Comments: Overall, it was good. There were just minor irritations that we wanted to see if we could find another product that offered a similar experience but also for free or discounted since we are a church with limited budget.

Pros: ease of use. Liked that you weren't tied to same domain email. Liked that you could have unlimited channels for dialogue. Liked that you could customize many areas like colors, pictures and even emojis. Liked that they had a decent free version. It's a good, solid product.

Cons: The push notifications were inconsistent. At times, messages were posted without any team notifications.
The storage limits for channels were limited even with the free version.
Was looking for a tasking option built in. The integrations with other apps was a little bit wonky for us.
Wished it had a "read" option where we could see which team members had seen or read the message.

• Reviewed on 04/02/2020
Gregory A.
  • Reviewed on 19/01/2020

"Slack has completely eliminated email from our office, saving us time"

Comments: Our experience with Slack has been extremely positive. It was very easy for us to onboard our entire staff and they were active and using the software fluently within just a couple off days. Our inter-office email dropped 90% almost overnight and this has saved us a considerable amount of time and made our project work much more efficient. We've been extremely pleased with the ease of adding our clients to single client channels and also to manage our own users. Customer support has been strong as well.

Pros: Slack has allowed our team to almost completely eliminate email from our office culture. Slack can handle all of our in-office communications and also helps immensely with our in-office file sharing. We have also implemented slack with key clients to allow for communication on major projects.

Cons: At times the search function can be a little hard to navigate if you're looking for a single file upload from previous months or years, but that's really the only complaint we would have. The software has been great other than that.

• Reviewed on 19/01/2020
Aaron R.
IT Support Technician
Hospital & Health Care, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 15/01/2020

"Love it. Slack-ing off @ work"

Comments: It has offered a more comfortable work life and the UX seems to have that as a guiding principal. It works well and has a wonderful host of API's that greatly extend functionality of the software.

Pros: It makes Microsoft Teams or whatever they call it this year obsolete. It's like an intra-office Reddit for us. Hilarious but still very productive.

Cons: That it defaults to trying to update via windows store. Which is not accesible via group policy. Forcing an manual install every time.

• Reviewed on 15/01/2020
Shaun P.
IT Specialist
Consumer Services, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 03/12/2019

"Fast and Simple"

Comments: All and all it's been good. I wish it were cheaper but it's not. For what it is though, Slack is an incredible communication tool that has been very reliable to us with no down time and no bugs.

Pros: First off we don't use any of the add-ons. They seem incredibly useful for those who need them but we just don't have the need. What we like about Slack is that it's simple and very fast. We used HipChat back in the day and liked that but once they got bought out by Slack we tried some Rocket.Chat and Microsoft Teams. In the end we had issues with both of these and decided to give Slack a shot. Slack is very simple and easy to use and is extremely quick. We constantly found the competition software would lag after as little as a month or two of use due to all the messages.

Cons: Price. Compared to the competition it's expensive. When Slack bought out HipChat we were initially bummed because our price per user was going from around $2 a month to $7 a month. As a company who doesn't use any of the add-ons this seemed a bit steep. All and all I would say it's still too expensive for what we use it for but the other options out there have issues so large we continue to use Slack.

• Reviewed on 03/12/2019
Sara O.
Content Coordinator
Government Administration, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 26/11/2019

"All Day, E'ery Day"

Comments: It is so helpful to use with remote teams. I use it daily for two different employers, and actually convinced my main employer (a government agency) to start using slack. Slack allows teams to communicate easily and quickly, sharing links and documents all through the app. It also allows for camaraderie and fun, an important part of every workplace, even when you aren't physically with your team. The absolute most convenient thing about Slack is that you can use the desktop and mobile version, and someone can ask you a question, you can answer it, and work can move forward efficiently. For teams with people in different time zones and different work hours, this is incredibly helpful while texting and email sometimes don't cut it. For people who are outside of traditional cell service, sometimes I can connect to Slack even when text/calls are not going through.

Pros: I love how easy it is to communicate with people, and the informal format the encourages communication rather than dissuades it. People might be less inclined to send an email or call because they are interrupting your work, but slack doesn't have that feeling at all.

Cons: The limit on shared images after you hit a certain threshold with the free version - to be fair, this is a minor inconvenience at most and just another reason to pay for it!

• Reviewed on 26/11/2019
Heather B.
Technical Product Manager
Real Estate, 1,001-5,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 24/11/2019

"Connecting made easy"

Comments: I have used many messaging platforms in my professional career and for me, Slack takes the cake! It is really modern and the features are very easy to use. I also like how Slack manages new feature release which you can always tell us based off of recent user feedback. Slack is extremely intuitive and my team team (even those who prefer to communicate less ) enjoy using it.

Pros: Slack is great for collaborating and communicating with your immediate team and across multi functional teams as well. Creating channels that are topic specific such as DevOps or functional area (product) specific allows people from across the organization to post questions, comments, share docs (slack has a larger file capacity that our email server), and subscribe to certain posts such as issue management. I really like the @all, channel, specific person functionality because of how it is linked to notification management. My other favorite slack feature is pinning certain threads which Slackbot can help remind you when new detail is published pertaining to the thread.

Cons: I wish that there was a history roll up available so I could check back maybe 4 moths or so to see who I talked to. For instance, I was recently troubleshooting a technical issue and knew I had spoken with someone before to resolve the same problem a few months back. However it was in a 1:1 direct message and for the life of me I could not remember their name! I wish there was some type of running history that could show me everyone I have corresponded with because there is only so much room in the section doe Direct Messages in the fixed Slack side bar/column. I also wish that I could get a daily roll up of direct message communications to my email because I like the notification I have setup for whenever a new Slack message comes accross.

• Reviewed on 24/11/2019
Erik S.
Systems Administrator
Health, Wellness & Fitness, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 12/11/2019

"Great team messaging application"

Comments: Overall experience has been great. All the features work as intended. We have never had people miss notifications, fail to send attachments, not able to logon etc... All issues we have had with MS Teams.

Pros: It is very easy to use. Appealing graphical interface. Many integrations with other apps. Easy to use features. Shortcuts make work quick, as well as the slash commands. Easy to navigate, create channels (public or private) and customize for your team.

Cons: The cost is high. Our company has the paid version of slack, which is a great product. However, since we are using O365, teams is included for *free*. It was hard to justify keeping Slack as a paid product when we have another solution available. Keep in mind, teams is a sub par replacement.

• Reviewed on 12/11/2019