Filter by:

• Overall

About Slack

Slack brings all your communication together in one place. It's real-time messaging, archiving and search for modern teams.

Learn more about Slack

Showing 21,118 reviews

Samantha M.
Senior Business Facilitator in Philippines

Slack offers seamless Communication across the organisation and value for money

5 last month New

Comments: Overall Slack is a great platform for teams looking for seamless communication across the organisation and value for money.

Pros:

Slack is one of the best platforms available for team communication. After using it for almost 3 years now, it provides our organisation with real-time and seamless communication and offers the most value for your money. Through Slack, you can instant message your team for a quick ask or direct message a specific member for any questions. You can also share files easily by uploading or you even connect your Google Drive/Dropbox to share file links. You can also have fun communicating using emoji's or just share fun GIF's to your team. The free version offers all the features needed for team communication but if you want additional productivity features to level up your communication like communicating with outside vendors on your workspace, then you can definitely opt for getting paid plan. Slack is a very intuitive platform and user friendly.

Cons:

Slack is a great tool for communication across teams but it does not offer any project management features.

Angelo L.
Angelo L.
Scrum Master in Dominican Republic

Best App for Software Development Teams

5 2 months ago New

Comments: Slack is great, is the best app in its cathegory integrating with 3rd party apps.

Pros:

What I like the most is the architecture of information in the app, the ability to create different channels per project or purpose enable users to work in an organized way. Also de User Interface and usability of the app is amazing.

Cons:

What I like least is the pricing, you need to pay US$7 per user to enable collaboration of full team. Some users just answer messages on Slack, others use all the features.

Pallav K.
Pallav K.
Business Analyst in US
Information Technology & Services, 10,000+ Employees

New digital workspace

5 4 months ago

Comments: Overall it's a great product that increases productivity . It will slowly replace mails and internal communication mediums inside a large organization.

Pros:

The move towards a digital ecosystem has led to rising of collaboration tools . Software teams now work in a highly modular environment that needs an integration platform for communication. Slack is moving away from the mail which has a lag in response and is not real-time. This is unacceptable in the current business enviorment .

Cons:

It still lacks in terms of utility-like Microsoft teams which have a much more integrated outlook.

Carmel R.
Owner in US
Insurance, Self Employed

Innovative Tool for Team Building!

5 2 months ago New

Comments: Overall I really enjoy slack! I prefer the desktop version over the web version. The desktop version allows quicker access! Also the direct message feature is important feature in slack that I use. Often at times sensitive message have to be share with an individual rather than the group. Also the emoji's are plentiful selection! I love the mass variety and options available!

Pros:

The greatest thing I like about slack is the ability to create different channels to assist on different topics , groups, and teams within the organization! I also like the accessibility features! You can access Slack from virtually any device! I travel a lot and this feature is extremely important!

Cons:

The software features can take some time to get use to if you have no computer experience. For me my biggest challenge was learning on how to use the alerts and notification features within the program. But in fairness I was able to grasp everything within a few days. So not that long at all.

Technical Operations Manager in UK
Medical Devices, 11-50 Employees

Best Team Communication Tool on the Market

5 2 months ago

Comments: Fantastic, smooth and enjoyable - Slack is a powerful team communication tool with integrations to expand its reach and gather all of your notifications in one place!

Pros:

Easy to use direct message, comment threading and channel topic separation - the ultimate communication tool that will help your organisation scale online at speed. It's fun to use, full of GIF and Emoji related acknowledgement styles - bringing communication into the 21st century.

Cons:

It can take a while to learn how to automate your functions, short cuts and features (reminders etc) - this could be sped up with better training and a clearer user experience.

Yann I.
Yann I.
Consultant in Finland
Online Media, Self Employed

THE digital tool for team communication

5 7 months ago

Pros:

I think that, these days, Slack is among the most popular picks for teams that would like to work remotely, for instance. So, through Slack, teams get a sort of a centralized digital hub where they can gather and exchange value and info. I'm a fan of the ability, that nowadays, Slack gives to its users, of being able to host call straight from Slack. No worries about third-party platforms working with Slack, you can use the platform's own technology to communicate with the members of your team, video calls included. Plus, the smartphone app enables you to work, access your Slack channels and interact with people from anywhere. And lastly, I'm a big fan of the Apps integrations that can be used with Slack. Would you like for your Slack channel to do something you can't do right now? There's probably a Slack app for that. Are you looking for a better way to use Slack in combination with a project management tool you use? It's doable, and so is providing customer support by connecting your customer service tool to Slack.

Cons:

I'm probably not the first to say this but, when it comes to Slack notifications, there must be a better way to control them. Think about having a very engaged Slack space with several channels... and each channel received and keeps receiving a notification after the other. It can be disruptive and distracting, and I think it's something that Slack should address and change as soon as they can so that users don't get "bombarded" by a ton of notifications.

Eric r. B.
Eric r. B.
Chief Product Officer in US
Internet, 2-10 Employees

Slack is the solution for internal communication and collaboration

5 9 months ago

Comments: Slack helps our team stay coordinated, interact in a timely manner, and track information in channels that provide context.

Pros:

Slack's ease of use and understanding it paramount. While I find Teams to be over-extending itself into the Office world, Slack is just about making sure you can keep communication clear, timely and open. The ability to shift between private DMs, open channels, and private channels nicely delineates the way you can manage communication across a team. We use Slack for all internal communication, relegating email to external comms, which works really well.

Cons:

The channels can overwhelm casual users at times. While the system tries to clean things up with suggestions, I think Slack should do more intentional hiding of under-used channels to keep it clean.

Travis S.
Travis S.
Director of Business Intelligence in US
Insurance, 2-10 Employees

Mostly perfect

5 9 months ago

Comments: Slack has been fantastic for keeping our remote workforce connected, fostering a sense of community within our organization, and freeing up our inbox for more important items. There have been a few quirks over the years, but the UI changes have been mostly positive. It seems like the platform is constantly improving with features that are actually useful instead of features for the sake of adding new features.

Pros:

Slack Connect is great for facilitating efficient communication with partner businesses, vendors, and clients. Slack was already a vital part of our business and the ability to connect with other organizations on Slack cuts down on email significantly.

Cons:

My only complaint with Slack at the moment is that Slack Connect conversations are placed at the top of the conversation list, even above starred conversations. Internal communication is more important to me and not having an option to place conversations with outside organizations below the ones I've determined are most important is an annoyance.

Karen T.
VP in US
Construction, 11-50 Employees

Great team tool

5 12 months ago

Comments: Easier communication, daily reports are put on Slack for all jobs. Using Slack has meant administrative folks having access to files more quickly and field personnel having to make fewer trips to the office with paper forms.

Pros:

Slack enables our team to submit reports quickly and easily. They can also take pictures of potential issues at jobsites and send those to individuals or to a group with ease. Slack Bot can help with reminders, tasks and scheduling and is a great resource. Part of our setup process for any new project is to set up a slack channel for the project and assign users to that channel. It is a great messaging software that can be used for so much more. It is so much better than sending a group text and causing everyone's phone to blow up. Highly recommend Slack.

Cons:

I have never seen a way to search within channels for an item I may be trying to find. Having a way to search would help. I have a pretty good memory for a time frame of when something occurred so as it is now, I look for something by when I think it was put in Slack.

Senior IT Consultant- Team Lead in US

Best-of-Breed Messenger Platform

5 last year

Comments: Been using Slack and admin in Slack since 2015. It's gotten a lot better and they definitely list to customers and what we want to see.

Pros:

-UI is very easy to use for anyone to jump right in -Easy to navigate and admin -THE platform companies use to chat. Far better than GChat, Teams -Customizable to user -TONS of integrations -Shared channels with our clients or companies we are clients of. Easy to manage and end when contracts end.

Cons:

-Pricing. Definitely need the "Plus" license for HITRUST compliance and it's 2x more than a standard license. Paying twice as much just to have a feature we haven't used in over a year did not make the Finance team happy. Also need Plus to use onboard/offboard functionality in Bettercloud automations. -Recent outages. Since march 2020 we've experienced issues almost every month even though Slack's status website only reported 3. I would get spammed with emails or Google Chat(our backup if Slack goes down) messages asking me what to do. I can't do anything, they went down. -Private channels are invisible even to admins- even as the admin I can't see private channels which have been a problem when trying to create a channel but getting an error that channel already exists. -When inviting users, add them to a user group that automatically that would add them to all channels they need like Eng, CS, Sales each get their 5-10 channels automatically.

Nicholas M.
Chief Flight Instructor in US
Airlines/Aviation, 11-50 Employees

Great for charitable organizations (because it can be free). Powerful. But expensive!

5 last year

Comments: Push notifications and alerts have been helpful. We are able to get important information out to our team very quickly, and we are able to "thread" the information so that only certain groups or certain topics are discussed in certain "channels" or "threads."

Pros:

Slack is made free for basic functions for charitable organizations. For this reason it can be a great option for charitable organization. It has powerful features, including video conferencing, file sharing, phone and web app integration, and file sharing. It also has cross-platform integration allowing connectivity between multiple different products, including Google and Microsoft products and IFFFT.

Cons:

It is not cheap at all for even a small organization (unless your organization qualifies for a free subscription). There are limits to the number of users in a video conference.

Matthew G.
Lead Data Engineer in US
Information Technology & Services, 501-1,000 Employees

The Gold Standard For Workplace Communication

5 last year

Comments: We have employees all over the world so Slack is our hub for communication. We use it to have conversations, post announcements, and brainstorm ideas. It can also launch video conferences with excellent annotation features which makes it easy to share ideas about a document or piece of code.

Pros:

It is extremely easy to use, there are many bots and tools to customize your workspace, and the actual communication tools are superior to the ones offered by Google and Microsoft. For example, the ability to thread conversations, easily set reminders about messages, and other subtle things add up to a much better communication system.

Cons:

I have experienced no major negatives as a user of the product. Depending on the number of users in your organization, the monthly cost will start to add up but I think this is similar to their competitors unless you're already paying them for other services that include something like Microsoft Teams, for example.

Heather B.
Heather B.
Executive Assistant in US
Music, 201-500 Employees

Best Communication Software for Internal Communications

5 2 years ago

Comments: I think it's genuinely improved communication and increased connectivity especially during the COVID pandemic and the new working from home life. I greatly appreciate the video integration feature as well as it makes it super easy to do one-on-one or small group check-in's without tying up video conferencing software. I've actually changed most of the executive's check-in's with others to Slack calls right now! While there's definitely some business-level restrictions that can help things flow more smoothly, such as having a limit to how many channels people create, etc., Slack has almost everything I could ask for and I'm slightly sad none of my other organizations I've worked for have utilized this service! It would have saved us a lot of time and trying to contact others.

Pros:

I'll rant slight because I love Slack so much. 1) Reminiscent of AOL Instant Messenger, Slack makes communicating internally fun, easy, and instant (depending on the response time). 2) It's encrypted! Not only can I send and receive confidential information from someone, I don't have to worry about it getting into the wrong hands. Since I often book travel on a number of different executive's credit cards, I can get all of their personal information via this chat and it's made it extremely easy to not have to concern myself with the security. 3) You can create channels for your team or organization that are fun as well as for informational and business purposes. 4) You can invite others from outside of the organization to join your Slack and can join other's as well. We have many brands each with their own Slack and can invite each other to those. 5) We love Slack so much, that at the corporate level, we're getting the Slack Enterprise Grid so that all brands and employees can communicate with each other no matter where we are in the world. 6) Super easy to drag and drop files for upload to a person or channel. 7) Tagging abilities makes sure the person you're tagging sees the post. 8) You can link to channels with pertinent information to outside sources. For example, if I want to say, "Check the #announcements channel for more info!" I can right click on the #announcements channel and copy the URL to create a link to that channel on SharePoint. 9) I love the Slack bot!

Cons:

A few things I would like them to change: 1) Font formatting in a post can be difficult. 2) When using bullet points, I haven't found a good way to format sub-bullet points. 3) Copying and pasting can be difficult due to formatting. These are all things easily worked around, however.

Elijah B.
Elijah B.
Writing Consultant in US
Research, 10,000+ Employees

Best Team Coordination App I Have Used

5 2 years ago

Comments: Slack is a great complement to email for quick messages and coordinating with others. I still send research results and other files through email, where I can be more long form, but it makes it extremely easy to ask quick questions or notify others. On a recent project, my team used Slack to "lock" parts of a paper we working on. Overall, Slack has been an excellent coordination tool. It's simple and perfect for my usage

Pros:

Slack is an excellent chat tool which is a step above a simple group chat, but not as complex as something like Microsoft Teams. I love that you can divide discussions into different channels. For my organization, we use different channels for different projects and research groups. This prevents main discussions from getting too cluttered and provides privacy for projects which everyone does not need to know about. At the same time, it is not overly cumbersome as I found Microsoft Teams to be. It does not have social networking features, but we don't need that. We have the choice between using Slack or Teams, and I prefer slack for this reason.

Cons:

Slack always seems to be logging out of my workspaces. I find that I constantly need to log back in at least once a week. This is a minor annoyance, hence why my rating is still very high, but this problem can delay my work a few minutes each time it happens.

Jon D.
Product Marketing Manager in Canada
Information Services, 51-200 Employees

Really helpful especially when working remotely

5 2 years ago

Comments: Slack has helped our teams working remotely by allowing us to share, speak, video all with the one app. We do use other apps fro other apps for collaboration, but Slack has proven to be easy to work with, and requires virtually no training. It's simple to use and for projects with a lot of people giving input it works well. Has definitely been a help for us across the company.

Pros:

I was never in love with messaging software, but I am starting to like this one a lot given that I am working remotely, and it complements the other communications and sharing tools we have. It's really good for group discussions and sharing documents and info to smaller groups or specific individuals. it's linked with our G Suite and the integration for sharing works really well. That might be it's biggest plus. The integration with other apps I like Jira or Gmail or SalesForce is useful. If you don't integrate with those apps, it's still pretty good for collaboration. It's also pretty easy to follow a conversation thread, way easier than email or any other collaboration tool I have used, and that is really helpful when tracing the development of an idea or an issue. Being able to add people to a conversation is also useful.

Cons:

Not my favorite interface, you do need to hunt around for functions. Also if you open a thread in the sidebar, the UI gets a little crowded and confusing. It's also not a replacement for email. Think of Slack as the more informal collaboration tool, and your email and the more official one. They complement each other. If you have a lot of channels in your organization, it gets to be total information overload if you need to stay on top of them. Depends on your role, but it's easy to get sucked in to too many channels and lose focus on work.

Aaron P.
Owner in US
Information Technology & Services, Self Employed

Great for communicating with coworkers and friends!

4 2 years ago

Comments: I actually do not use Slack much in a business environment, but in a personal setting for a book club. We transitioned to primarily using Facebook for communication to Slack, as not all members of the book club are on Facebook. Slack has made communication a lot easier and fully centralized.

Pros:

Slack is really easy to setup and provides a great solution for secure communication b/w coworkers and even friends. The interface, while slightly confusing at first, is easy to learn. In addition, it is easy to create different channels - as to have multiple conversations on multiple topics without those conversations overlapping. There are both mobile and desktop clients, and they are cross platform. There is even a web interface so you don't have to install a local client. Finally, you can't argue with the price as it starts with free version that is suitable for many use-cases.

Cons:

Slack utilizes various shortcuts and tags to implement features (such as adding a poll to a conversation), but these tags are not obvious and usually need to be looked up.

Ivan M.
Ivan M.
Technical Services in Argentina

The right tool for the job!

5 2 years ago

Comments: Best thing that happened to our company. Our productivity has increased since and our "reachability" as well. We feel very close now, even for our team which is 100% remote.

Pros:

They really put the work into making a chat software that is very usable. intuitive, agile and overall, very enjoyable. We use many of the bots the marketplace has, especially the Google Calendar, Zoom, Giphy and Slackbot integrations that comes with it.

Cons:

I cannot think of much of what I dislike about Slack, because I like everything about it. I used to have an issue that Slack didn't load properly, but an update and empty cache button swiftly solved it. Sometimes the calls ring on the phone first before doing it in the computer.

Gregory M.
Political Research Analyst in US
Government Relations, 501-1,000 Employees

Daily Slack User

4 2 years ago

Comments: We are a political research firm that utilizes hundreds of contractors who give surveys. The surveys change on-the-fly once requirements are met, and as a result contractors must be notified in real-time as they work from home

Pros:

Ease of real-time mass communication while at the same time enabling group convo, closed/hidden group convo, and 1 on 1 communication.

Cons:

The constant bombardement of msgs that are not applicable to me from various groups im in. There should be a display to notify others of how I'm recieving msgs in a given timeframe

Alexandru D.
Alexandru D.
Software Tester in Romania
Computer Software, Self Employed

Great messaging tool for start ups

5 2 years ago

Comments: I've had a great experience using Slack, it's easy and fun to use, easy to configure and overall a powerful tool for the people that look for this type of messaging application. It's not for everybody but it's worth trying.

Pros:

Slack has the vibe of an application that's cool to use, it has a very 'young' vibe to it. For me, it feels like a great application for start ups or small teams to use because the degree of customization of the workspace is immense. The application is also quite easy to configure at the start, with many features that can be added later in the process, depending on the need. It's a tool that has the common features that a messaging application would have (private conversations, group conversations, topic based conversations, private / public channels, integration with other useful applications) while also integrating bots that can be useful and fun to play with. Both can be entirely programmed by the users so they offer pretty much whatever functionality the creator wants to achieve - some can also be found online, already created and free to use, for the people that don't want to bother creating their own.

Cons:

I would say that a con for this software would be that it's sometimes hard to take serious. Young people may be excited to use Slack and create their own bots but some professionals may not find this as a selling point for them and it may seem childish. This is not necessarily a minus that the application has, but it is the type of application that's not for everybody.

Sarthak K.
Sarthak K.
Backend Software Engineer in US

Slack: No More Emails!

5 2 years ago

Comments: My overall experience with Slack has been great! It has enabled me to talk with my teammates and share code snippets ( which was a pain otherwise ) in a much easier way. The software is free, so there is no harm in trying it out and the free tier is more than enough for small teams or people just trying stuff out! Give it a shot, you won't be disappointed!

Pros:

The best aspect of slack is how effortless it makes communication between team members. No more emails, cc or bcc. Just create a group of your colleagues that you wanna talk to and send them a message. Another great feature of Slack is the rich formatting. You can send code snippets or even bash commands that others can quickly use. If you are on a paid plan, you can search all your previous messages since the time you joined slack, which makes it easy to find context or things that you had sent to others earlier. There are also various add-ons, like Google Calendar, Drive, etc. which enables you to share your current status if you are in a meeting, or other things like sharing excels or powerpoints right in Slack without needing to open up the browser. You can use it on your PC, the browser or even on your phone, so the availability is great!

Cons:

One of the worst ( or best depending on your preference ) things is that Slack is like an instant messenger, so people expect you to respond quickly. Unlike email, where people have no clue when you see the email. On Slack, if I am online, my teammates expect me to reply quickly, but that doesn't always happen. I don't feel there are any other issues with Slack, it is well-made software!

Moriah G.
Technical Analyst in US
Wholesale, 51-200 Employees

We love Slack!

4 2 years ago

Comments: Our team easily adapted to Slack and it has become one of our favorite resources. Simple things that ended up being a hassle, like taking a poll of how many people will be traveling to a different office on a certain day or letting people know of updates, have become SO easy and used even more often. It helps keep everyone connected and in the know. I believe Slack has helped bring us to the next level in both business and relational.

Pros:

Slack helped provide a collaborative workspace for our multiple offices. We were able to create channels to help teams have a space to store and share their ideas with one another. It also made passing out updates to certain groups of people or offices a lot easier/more efficient than through email. The Slack calls are also a great feature!

Cons:

One of my few complaints would be that a lot of times I have to refresh the app in order to see updated statuses. There has been a lot of times I have been waiting for someone to get out of meeting or off of a call only to later realize they have been available for awhile and the app just wasn't showing the updated status.

Andrea S.
Andrea S.
Campaign Manager in US

Great for interoffice communication

5 2 years ago

Comments: Interoffice communication has been streamlined and processes made faster by being able to communicate quickly and efficiently. Slack does a great job of bringing our coworkers together whom are remote or in different parts of the country as if everyone is in the same room having a conversation.

Pros:

Slack is a very convenient tool for inter-office communication and is what we've used exclusively for the last 7 months or so after switching from Skype. Most of our work is done remotely and we have colleagues across the country that we need to communicate with daily for various projects. Slack is a very fast and easy way to do that. It doesn't fully replace email, but it does speed things up quite a bit for simple questions and answers. It's pretty easily searchable, too, if you ever need to go back and find something later. I like that you can create specific channels and conversations to keep workflow properly siloed. Mobile app is also great and just as easy to use. Overall great tool for quick communications.

Cons:

It almost has too many features....It could definitely be simplified. There are just SO MANY things you can do with it that it can honestly be overwhelming at times if you click the wrong button or don't know how to use a certain feature. It also bothers me that there aren't "read" notifications in Slack, so you can't tell whether or not someone has seen your message. Kind of annoying when you're waiting for a reply on something.

Sue B.
Digital Designer in UK
Marketing & Advertising, Self Employed

A firm favorite to help your business thrive

5 2 years ago

Comments: I've been using Slack since early days ...it's amazing. I love that the developers pledged to keep the free plan available, to help startups and small businesses – and that the new owners are honoring that pledge. I have enjoyed creating accounts for a number of my clients over the years. It's great that all our conversations are in one place, sorted by category and that conversations can be exported. As a member of several workspaces I love being able to navigate between them so easily. Finally, it's a real boon to have a robust search facility to locate snippets of text or shared documents that would have been hard to find on other platforms.

Pros:

Slack is the only communication app that I always have open, no matter what. What I like most is the fantastic UI. The design is great "out of the box", but the real bonus is being able to customize it with your logo and brand color palette. I love being able to set up an account for a client and give them a color link that applies their branding to their desktop app with one click.

Cons:

Navigating set up and preferences is clunky. Some features are hard to find, especially the custom branding, which is a shame as it's such a lovely feature. Once you find the right page, the process is a cinch! To change the colors: click on the tiny arrow to the right of the workspace name to get the dropdown menu. Choose "Preferences", NOT "Customize Slack" (that opens up a web page where you can load your own icons etc). In the preference menu select "Themes". Scroll down to the bottom to access the custom feature, where you can enter the exact Hex color references or pick colors you fancy. (Pay attention to contrast of text against background). Copy the line of code from the box to share the same values with others on your team (just paste it into a message). All they need to do is click on it to apply the colors to their desktop app.

Kevin W.
Kevin W.
Software Engineer in Australia
Gambling & Casinos, 201-500 Employees

Slack is a great collaboration tool for our team, improves communication and productivity.

5 2 years ago

Comments: I am very happy of using it as a main communication tool at work. And I have been using it for a few years now. Every colleague I worked with, they all like it. I hope slack keep up the good work and make more neat features for us all.

Pros:

Slack is a team communication tool, it very well categories the different processes in different channels, restrict the conversation is relevant to the channel and everyone who join that channel can collaboratively contribute to the topics. It also provides a neat feature call thread, which you can start a discussion under a message and solve issues with that person. It reduces the distractions from the channels and help other members concentrate on the topics they care about. You can also integrate automatic messages from other apps, softwares, e.g. we implemented the gitlab automation messages in the developers channel, it indicates what work has been done, it passes or break the build, etc. Lovely integration of slash command feature, for giphy images, for icons, for text formats, etc. Making the conversation more fun. You can also pin useful information, that you can easily access in anytime.

Cons:

when you enter a message without sending, it places that person's icon into a draft section in the navigation area. It is kind of tricky to find that person, if you forgot you have a pending message to send and you are wondering why that persion is disappeared from your direct message section. search bar can be improved as well, it would be nice to have more advanced search terms like what google does.

Margy W.
Legal Assistant/Executive Assistant in US
Legal Services, 11-50 Employees

Remote working? You'll LOVE "the Slack."

5 2 years ago

Comments: As described above, slack helps me communicate with my colleagues, both professionally and personally. It does so with few glitches, quietly, appealingly, and seamlessly. Slack has helped me develop closer relationships with members of my teams, as well as reach out and develop relationships with colleagues with whom I don't usually interact. That said, the meat and potatoes is this: slack keeps me in touch with my teams even though we work in different places, in different time zones, and at different times. It helps us stay in touch, keep friendly communication open, and it allows us to easily share documents and truly collaborate.

Pros:

Slack is a MUST for remote workers. The ease of setup makes it fantastic. The ease of use makes it phenomenal. The ability to collaborate and work together, to chat and have water cooler talk when your team all work in separate locations, is priceless. One thing that I appreciate: slack allows you to customize your away times and notification snoozes. It's a really pleasant experience, and its notifications are similarly "unfrustrating." There's nothing quite like being interrupted by an annoying noise or a badge popping up somewhere in your periphery when you're focusing on something difficult, only to be totally distracted. I also appreciate that you can bypass snooze settings for those moments where urgency is actually necessary (hint: it never is ;) ). Next: I appreciate that slack doesn't make sharing documents needlessly complicated - why add extra bells and whistles you don't want or need? It's easy, collaborative communication and document sharing for people who want it. The best part: slack keeps me in touch with my colleagues. I know that sounds stupid, since it is a COMMUNICATION TOOL, but it really does. It keeps our lines of communication open, obviously, for discussing work projects and tasks, planning and checking in, etc. Above that, though, using slack also means we work on building our interpersonal relationships, meaning we become better at communicating with one another over time. I really appreciate that. Thank you, slack!

Cons:

Honestly, I cannot think of anything I dislike about slack. I guess if I had to grouse about something, it would be that the "generic" icons (when you don't upload your own photo) have changed a few times, and I liked the original ones best. Can I just add that if that is my only complaint, they must be on to something?