15 years helping Australian businesses

About Zoho Books

Simple, easy-to-use accounting software to help you manage your business finance in a smart way!

Learn more about Zoho Books

Pros:

Incredibly good value for the price (way cheaper than Freshbooks/Quickbooks). Integrates well with the rest of the Zoho suite.

Cons:

No matter how many times you call or email, no one follows up - and if they do it's certainly not in a timely manner.

Zoho Books ratings

4.3
4.2
4.2
4.4

8.3/10

Zoho Books has an overall rating of 4.4 out 5 stars based on 631 user reviews on Capterra.

Have you used Zoho Books before?

Caroline
Caroline
Bachelor in Supply Chain Management in US
Consumer Goods, 1,001–5,000 Employees

Organized and improved accounting

5.0 last month New

Comments: perfect to have a compliance with the company's accounting without overlooking something, it is really easy to use and it improved my progress at work

Pros:

Zoho Books has allowed us to improve in the accounting area, having a perfect administration of expenses, accounts, invoices, payments and other tasks to be carried out, it manages a magnificent online accounting function, keeping all the payment reports up to date without forgetting invoices or payments to make, it is a very complete platform with its tools.

Cons:

In my personal opinion, it is a perfect platform that there is nothing to improve or change.

Haythum
IT Engineer in United Arab Emirates
Computer Networking, 11–50 Employees

Zoho Books review

Comments: Since more than 4 years of using Zoho Books it's fantastic and positive experience

Pros:

Zoho Books integrates with other Zoho applicationsZoho Books has an easy interface that makes it easy to navigate and use itStrong financial management capabilities

Cons:

in Zoho Books can't customize more advanced financial reportsZoho Books is more costly compared to other accounting software specially when advanced features are needed

Solomon
Project manager in US
Information Technology & Services, 1,001–5,000 Employees

The Emperor and Eminent Financial Tool for our Company.

5.0 last month New

Pros:

The tool send us financial reports and profit as well as loss forms on time. It has the best interface to use for our accounting processes. The most amazing customer service is served to us. Very fast and quick in invoice processing.

Cons:

It has delivered to our expectations and it has never disappointed.

Belal
CA in India
Accounting, 11–50 Employees

Pathetic customer service

1.0 last month New

Comments: Worst customer services there is no proper reply or information

Pros:

Product is ok but customer service is pathetic

Cons:

The customer service is pathetic, we are running a CA firm and have almost 20 Zoho books subscription and login and one of the login as was asking an OTP we were not getting because the [sensitive content hidden] is travelling and OTP is going to only mobile number not to email hence raised the ticket and the team keep saying that the accounts team is working but we did not receive any resolution they wasted a whole day and did not resolve this. the ticket ID is [sensitive content hidden].

Phillip
President in US
Mechanical or Industrial Engineering, 2–10 Employees

Great Software

Comments: I really enjoyed this software. It is must easier to use than most of its competitors. It is also having some of the best pricing vs performance that I have found.

Pros:

Zoho was very easy software to setup for someone who does not have a lot of experience. We used this software to mostly to track estimates. When estimates were approved and accepted by the customer it was simple to turn them into invoices.

Cons:

Once you add certain items into the system they cannot be deleted. For example, if you accidently add a wrong item you will have to cancel it out on the books with another entry.

Barry
CEO in Canada
Management Consulting, 2–10 Employees

Zoho Books - Baac Office

5.0 2 months ago New

Pros:

It's much better than QuickBooks Online and much less costly as part of Zoho One

Cons:

Can't think of many cons, as it works so well

Andrei
Branch Manager in UK
Financial Services, 11–50 Employees

Book keeping done wright

5.0 last month New

Comments: I really like Zoho Books, the design is nice and intuitive. I learned to use it very fast. Support was great when needed.

Pros:

Zoho Books is an exceptional accounting service, it offers a free version for small business but paid version too. Works great with bank reconciliation and is packed of good features that you found only on expensive software. Getting reports like P&L is easy and the reports looks good. Integrates good with other Zoho apps if you are using them.

Cons:

No cons for Zoho Books, the software works good.

Zoho Response

2 weeks ago

Hello Andrei. Thanks for your detailed review about us. We are glad you are enjoying using Zoho Books.

Tanveer
Human Resource Manager in US
Education Management, 1,001–5,000 Employees

Zoho Books: An Online Accounting Solution that Meets Our Needs

5.0 2 months ago New

Pros:

I like the exceptional features of Zoho Books. Zoho Books meets our needs because it has been a reliable online accounting software.

Cons:

Zoho Books is reliable and flawless. I do not dislike Zoho Books at all.

Machinery, 11–50 Employees

Basic Invoicing and Overview tool

3.0 2 weeks ago New

Pros:

It is basic and does not have too many features. It is included in the overall Zoho system.

Cons:

Templates are limited and creating invoices in various languages is problematic to setup.

Celina
Accounting in US
Entertainment, 11–50 Employees

A Smooth Business Accounting Software

5.0 last month New

Pros:

It handles payment processing well and has tons of business accounting features.

Cons:

No particular flaws with Zoho Books. Has been amazing.

Anne
Marketing & Advertising, Self Employed

All the functionality of QuickBooks - and more - at a much better price

Comments: Zoho Books has everything I need to keep my books in order, bill my clients, and track my time and expenditures. I've been very happy with this product.

Pros:

Zoho Books does everything that QuickBooks does in a much more intuitive interface. It provides a ton of flexibility in looking at things from both accrual and cash methods, offers a free seat for my accountant, and allows me to track my time and bring it directly into my invoices. The ability to take pics of receipts and enter expenses directly from my phone app is great, too.

Cons:

I wish that other software providers would wake up and realize that QB isn't the only game in town. Make it easier to integrate with Zoho, please! I've had some trouble syncing with my bank in the past and it took a while for customer service to understand what was really going on - there are some language barriers. But their CS agents do seem to try to help.

Eric
Attorney in US
Law Practice, 2–10 Employees

Great Product For Those Who Know Accounting

Comments: My overall experience with Zoho Book was positive. I switched from Zoho Books to Bill4Time because I wanted a program that would keep track of time and expenses for hourly clients, track contingency fee clients, provide trust accounting, and generate invoices. Zoho Books would be able to do all of those tasks with the exception of contingency fee tracking. There was no easy way in Zoho to keep track of projects that were not hourly, flat, or on a set budget. That said, the Zoho family of products are solid, so if you have need for an accounting product and you are familiar with accounting software, this product would be a great choice.

Pros:

I liked best the many features that Zoho Books provides. In terms of accounting software, this product does just about everything. I also liked being part of the Zoho suite of products, all of which are quite good. The product is stable, and the company offers solid tech support.

Cons:

I purchased Zoho Books to use in my small business after using Zoho Invoice. I wanted a product that would do more than just invoice clients, such as track projects and accounting. However, I am not an accountant. The thing I liked least about Zoho Books is that, if you are not familiar with accounting, the product may seem unnecessarily complicated. There is definitely a learning curve with this product that I have not experienced with other Zoho products.

Jordan
CEO in US
E-Learning, Self Employed

Great QuickBooks competitor with additional features to boot

Pros:

I am a big fan of Zoho Books. For the same price of a QuickBooks subscription, I was able to purchase a license to Zoho One, which comes with dozens of other valuable apps (Zoho Forms, Zoho CRM, Zoho Survey, Zoho Social, Zoho Marketing Automation, Zoho Analytics, Zoho Sign, Zoho Meeting, Zoho Desk, Zoho Projects, Zoho Expenses, Zoho Recruit, Zoho Flow). I did the math recently, and figured out that if I were to buy each of the Zoho applications I use from an equivalent competitor, I would be spending $600 more than the cost of a Zoho One subscription each month. For Zoho Books in particular, it has all of the features I used in QuickBooks, plus easy-to-use workflow automations and integrations with the rest of the Zoho One suite. It's very helpful to be able to cross-reference Zoho Books data within their CRM for example. Overall, I highly recommend Zoho Books, but encourage you to purchase the full Zoho One suite rather than Books as a standalone application.

Cons:

I wish they had a few more payment processors available.

Aninda
Chief Solution Architect in Bangladesh
Information Technology & Services, 501–1,000 Employees

Good Billing Application

Comments: It was awesome to use Zoho books, it improved our operational efficiency and was very easy to use.

Pros:

This is an efficient and affordable billing application. Serves all the basic needs and is capable of handling large data sets.

Cons:

Customer or Product Support seriously needs to improve. Every customer needs a modification as per their business requirements and Zoho shall cater those changes actively.

Rob
Telecommunications, 2–10 Employees

RUN do not walk way from this product!

Comments: I would rather deal with the IRS, Comcast and AT&T all at once than this company.

Pros:

Zoho has been a constant and ongoing headache since switching 3 years ago. Since then it has been an ongoing everyday headache. Support simply does not exist with this company. Support articles are 10 years old and do reflect the current software.

Cons:

Support! This company DOES NOT PROVIDE SUPPORT. Whoever answers chats simply wastes your times and never ever helps.

Mahir
Business Analyst in Bangladesh
Information Technology & Services, 51–200 Employees

Perfect Accounting System

Comments: Zoho Books improved our efficiency and helped improve our business processes.

Pros:

This is your all-in-one accounting system to cover all your business needs.

Cons:

Learning curve is a bit typical initially but once you get the hang of it, it'd turn out to be an awesome application for your company.

Sara
Sara
Human Resources Generalist in US
Hospital & Health Care, 5,001–10,000 Employees

As soon as ZohoBooks is set up, creating invoices is a breeze

Comments: Once you have your invoice template set up, creating invoices is a breeze. Zoho Books integrates quite smoothly with both Zoho CRM and Zoho Subscriptions. It would be helpful if there were a way to customize reminder emails depending on the reason the invoice was not paid.

Pros:

Each and every one of our clients' billing and subscription needs are handled by me personally. We really liked how simple it was to link Zoho Books and Zoho CRM. Since our customers come from all over the world, having access to many payment gateways is invaluable. The creating goods function is quite beneficial, since we offer numerous services at different pricing.

Cons:

Workflow and Invoice Personalization. One company's choice of languages for use with international clients.

Becky
Becky
Software Developer in US
Hospital & Health Care, 51–200 Employees

We can track all invoices with Zoho books

Comments: In terms of billing, invoicing, tracking payments, and maintaining an accurate inventory count, I can confidently say that this experience has been nothing short of remarkable thus far.

Pros:

Having 2nd factor authentication and many ways to retrieve transactions, as well as everything else you would need to keep your business functioning, are two features I particularly appreciate.

Cons:

This is the trickiest part because I can't really think of anything I dislike; however, I do have some comment on the quality of customer support and the requirement of an internet connection.

Amy
CFO in US
Architecture & Planning, 11–50 Employees

We Use Zoho Books for Multiple Companies

Comments: ZOHO books has been a great tool for many of our companies. It is great for companies with project management, from estimate to sales order to purchase orders and Invoicing. ZOHO provides live reporting as your team takes the order through the sales process. Customization for our specific business was a huge game changer, as we didn't need to get outside help involved to make simple changes that made our work flow process better. It saves time and errors.

Pros:

The live dashboard and analytics has provided great insight into our business profitability. The ability to have our project management and accounting systems tied into one saves on time and human error. The automation, workflows and custom fields are a game changer and allow any kind of person to be able to tailor the system to your needs. Whenever I am not able to code something myself, I send a request to the customer service team, and they are usually able to write the scripts for me. The ability to tie into Avalara and not have to worry about taxation is also a huge bonus.

Cons:

I wish the Purchase Orders for drop ship customers were more obviously tied to the Sales Orders. There are ways to identify which POs belong to which SOs, but seems to be a little more complicated than it could be. I also wish there was a way to see how much we have invoiced against Customer POs. I also wish we could integrate our payroll with ZOHO, as ZOHO payroll isn't currently offered in Michigan. As a result we are having to do more manual entry for employee hours and journal entries for the payroll.

Rebecca
Individual & Family Services, Self Employed

Over 50, not an accountant & never aspired to own a small business...

Comments: It's true, but when your calling is a clear one, you are obligated to follow! Our small care giving business has employees working exclusively at customer sites. The caregivers (most also over 50 yrs. old) input their time, mileage & expenses from their smart phones. Invoicing is generally done at my laptop but can be done from my phone. The invoicing can be personalized with valuable information for our clients such as upcoming holidays, rate changes, & thank yous for allowing us to earn their business. The reporting is simple to use as is the customer support. The customer support is very knowledgeable & easy to understand. We have never experienced a wait time either. We tried another accounting package our first year of business & found it too cumbersome & not user friendly for those of us with only basic accounting skills. Zoho was recommended by our professional accountant & business advisor. Zoho has greatly simplified our invoicing, reporting, & customer account related tasks, so that we can focus on senior care giving where our gifts are strong. Thanks, Zoho!
-R. Ford, Owner of The Merry Marthas, LLC

Pros:

- Phone based app & laptop s-ware are EZ to use.

Cons:

Don't quite understand how to customize an invoice, save it & use it for monthly billing. Sometimes, I have to play around with the invoice to get all of the detail needed to print. For example, it is not readily apparent how to display the dates for which each expense is incurred on the invoice. Not having a copy of our company's data stored on our system makes me nervous so we keep paper back ups. Surely there is a better contingency plan of which we could take advantage.

Mike
Mike
Owner in UK
Accounting, 2–10 Employees

Great solution.. but not for everyone

Comments: I used Zoho Books for my own practice for 3 years+for a few of my Clients. It's fast and reliable, and developers are improving it very regularly - adding new features constantly.
I would highly recommend using it especially in the businesses that would also use other software from Zoho-like e-mail or CRM-they're well priced and are extremely cost-effective.

Pros:

Zoho Books is lightning fast-miles ahead of the competition if it comes to the speed of the software. The actual user experience is very close to the desktop software. Another good feature is its customizability - you'll find a plethora of options with Zoho, obviously designed with advanced reporting tools that come with Zoho Suite in mind. What's important - importing and exporting stuff from Zoho is also very simple - that comes in handy if you want to switch to another software from Zoho, you'll be able to do it-most counterparts allow you to migrate data only partly. Importing journals-extremely important feature-works flawlessly.

Cons:

No integrated payroll functionality - small flaw, as you can easily import journals from the software of your choice. Average bank reconciliation - filtering records is difficult, custom sorting as well. No itegrated CIS solution. No reporting directly to HMRC.

Miguel
Financial Advisor in US
Investment Banking, 51–200 Employees

Efficient and flexible financial management

Comments: Zoho Books is a reliable and comprehensive platform for enterprise financial management. With its wide range of features, it simplifies and optimizes financial processes.

Pros:

I like that it allows you to automatically import bank transactions, streamlining the reconciliation process and reducing manual errors. In addition, custom rules can be set up to automatically categorize transactions, saving time in manual sorting. Zoho Books is highly customizable and allows tailoring financial reports to our specific needs.

Cons:

On occasion, I have experienced delays and load times when accessing certain functions or working with large data sets.

Lydia
Blow Mold Operator in Kenya
Plastics, 501–1,000 Employees

Have a vision of caution in accounting with Zoho Books.

Comments: The overall experience we have had with Zoho Books is one for the records. This amazing product introduced us into a modern and more accurate way of accounting and taking care of our finances. With Zoho Books, it gets clear how money moves in and out and this allows us to know our financial health and performance.

Pros:

Zoho Books allows to become accountable for our money by giving us transparency on how money is being spent. It uses automations which allows us to eliminate the manual entry work and reduce the dependency on the repetitive tasks. It has the simplest reporting tool that gives us valuable financial insights about our financial health. The billing tools are very useful and they makes invoicing so simple. It allows us to create branded invoices for our clients and sharing them with the clients is easy, secure and fast.

Cons:

Am very delighted how Zoho Books is yet to gives us any cons. It has been working superbly well for us.

Martin
Martin
Administrative Clerk in US
Information Technology & Services, 10,000+ Employees

Zoho Books is the best finicial reporting software.

Comments: Zoho Books is the best software for the financial reporting and everyone can easily used this software in a more efficient way. Moreover, it is the best tracker all of our accounts and finance. I would recommended this software because this software is one of the best tool for financial and accounting.

Pros:

Zoho Books is the best source to create our invoices and it is the best financial reporting software in all over the world. The most significant thing about this software is that we can easily send all of our invoices and expenses and get paid online with out any problem. Moreover, Zoho Books is so easy to use and very convenient software. The another best thing about this software is that it is the best accounting financial management software because it is the most reliable software for accounting as compared to its competitors.

Cons:

The most obvious difficulty that we faced while using this software is that there features are not much advanced as compared to its competitors because it cannot provide the great features of sending expenses and finance to the business companies. The another problem of this software is that this software is very difficult for the new users and it is not so easy to learn how to handle our accounts and invoices. But still it is the best tool for business accounting.

Sumukha
Accounts Executive in India
Commercial Real Estate, 201–500 Employees

Better Accounting Software

Pros:

Invoice and billing options are good and we can accept the credit card payment and online payment, and auto generation of monthly invoice and we can set due dates so the system will send auto reminder for aged receivables to the tenant

Cons:

when its come to reports like Financial reports and budget forecasting and other its bit difficult to analyze the report and it is bit confusing in Aged receivable report