Heartland Retail Reviews

by Heartland Retail

• Overall

About Heartland Retail

Heartland Retail is more than just a POS! Learn about our enterprise-grade retail management features!

Learn more about Heartland Retail

Kim C.
Inventory Manager
Retail, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 12/09/2017

"I have had a great experience with Springboard Retail."

Pros: Several things that I like about the software, are ease of use, cloud based, customer service is knowledgable and helpful.

Cons: I don't like that adjustments can only be added one item at a time, transfers cannot be "recalled" once completed.

• Reviewed on 12/09/2017
Kevin F.
Operations Director
Retail, 11-50 Employees

"XCVI Review"

Comments: Springboard has been a good POS system so far. It is the best that we have had in our XCVI stores. We are also pleased with how fast the technical support responds to any of our team members. Its also a good feeling when they actually remember you by name! Keep up the good hard work!

Pros: Easy to use and Easy to navigate

Emily E.
Director of Operations
  • Reviewed on 01/04/2016

"Big Fan of Springboard Retail"

Pros: This easy to use system helps our seasonal business and team focus on driving sales. It's VERY easy to use - all of our employees are taught how to ring a customer up on day one. As Director of Stores, I'm constantly looking at sales from my smartphone and diving into the VERY STRONG custom reporting tool when at a computer.

Cons: Hmm.. I struggle with the bluetooth scanners connecting to our store iPads - however this is not a Springboard Retail issue. This is a problem with the hardware & hardware technology.

• Reviewed on 01/04/2016
Kelly R.
  • Reviewed on 04/12/2017

"Fantastic"

Pros: Great inventory tracking and reports, nice smooth checkout process, convenient daily dashboard, constant improvements

Cons: Small but major glitches exist when using with an iPad that are continuously ignored as has been my last 4 requests for help with them. Very few of the customer support technicians know what they are doing

• Reviewed on 04/12/2017
Clay S.
  • Reviewed on 13/01/2017

"Advanced Reporting and Ecommerce Integration"

Comments: Springboard has aided our business in a number of ways. The fact that its a cloud based software has greatly improved our productivity, as team members can enter PO's and perform other tasks away from our physical store location. The Reporting options Springboard offers has greatly improved visibility into our business operations. For instance, we've been able to identify under performing vendors and cut them out of our purchasing plans. Finally, Springboard's integration with Shopify has allowed us to launch and grow an ecommerce business and sync our online and physical store inventories.

Pros: Reporting and cloud based connectivity

Cons: Customer service agents sometimes struggle to understand problems of a more technical nature

Alex N.
Arts & Crafts
  • Reviewed on 14/01/2015

"Simple to use, surprisingly sophisticated, and scalable"

Pros: I like their entire team. Support is outstanding. They listen and respond. The product is incredibly flexible, allowing for custom fields on a slew of records (items, customers, purchase orders, etc). Reports are outstanding. They are fast and highly configurable. The system has a background in apparel, but it can easily be adapted to other industries. We are in crafts and had no trouble with it.

Cons: We have also had a few (very few) issues with credit card processing, but those issues have been due to problems with the processor, not Springboard itself. This is a problem that is not unique to Springboard. Always have some kind of a back-up system in place for internet and credit card processing! Also, just know going into it that Springboard is not a hardware or network provider. They have a recommended hardware stack, and if you stick to it, they can generally assist in troubleshooting if necessary. I strongly recommend having a local resource for networking and hardware configuration. That's not to say Springboard doesn't know what they are doing, but some issues need to have boots on the ground.

• Reviewed on 14/01/2015
Lloyd B.
Apparel & Fashion, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 17/06/2020

"Great Software. Beware of the [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN]"

Comments: Spend days trying to reach competent support. All of those glowing reviews you may be reading were for the previous team.

Pros: Functional POS software that does what it needs to do with good reporting features

Cons: [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] seems to have gotten rid of the folks that made Springboard exceptional. Support is terrible.

• Reviewed on 17/06/2020
Neil S.
CEO / President
  • Reviewed on 16/04/2016

"The people make this great"

Comments: Folks,
I have been in the POS purchasing line of work now for 20 years, or so it seems. I originally had an MS-DOS based system that could not properly communicate to the head office, it also cost a fortune. Then I went with QB POS. It pretty good, but the customer service sucked and it had lots of limitations, and again communication problems. I tried of few of the first of the cloud based solutions, which were problemed with small companies who grew too fast and again terrible customer service. I was at my wits end after dealing with Amazon. Then one day while I was miserating about my situation on my daily search for a pos system that could deal with apparel in a decent way, I found Runit Realtime. I kind of liked it, even though it cost a fortune for .............. I told the sales manager that I wanted to go with it. He never called me back, or emailed. Oh well. I finally learned, if the customer service sucks, don't bother with the company. Then I found Springboard. The sales folks at Springboard answered all of my questions, and phone calls, and emails. It seemed to be too good to be true, but I was desperate. They hooked me up!!! I am pretty well versed with IT and I set it up with a couple of quick uploads. As time went along I came to know the support staff. Derek, the support bossman, has his act together. It is a small team and they all know who I am. I have made some suggestions to them, and they roll out the coding in a few weeks. These guys are on the ball. Right now, I am awaiting the roll out of pictures on my reporting. This is breakthrough technology for a small company, or any company to deliver this kind of reporting. It is amazing!!! My numbers are up last month 206% of previous year due to my ability to better manage my buys and reporting. I have asked them to look into doing multichannel. They seemed interested. As for now, they have an API with Shopify. I set up my site by myself. It looks great and is easy as pie. I think they have a free month. Anyways, I am not on their sales team, but I feel like I should be. Springboard is what it is named. It has springboarded me towards easier living and more money. I don't often write review, but for this program I do believe it will benefit those who read reviews and will definitely those who sign up. Good luck with your POS, ( we all know what POS stand for, usually Piece of Sh*t). With Derek and his team it is more like Program of Support!

• Reviewed on 16/04/2016
Ashley B.
Jewelry Production
Fine Art, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 20/01/2017

"Springboard Retail works for Wholesale Companies, too"

Comments: We found Springboard Retail after searching for a program that can manage many elements of a wholesale business all in one program. We started using it Summer of 2014. We are now able to manage our inventory that is in our office and out with sales reps and on consignment. Although there is no "consignment" part to the program, there's a workaround within the system that is fine. Since everything is in the cloud, we have access to this information anywhere and anytime, even on a mobile phone with the app. It is especially helpful at tradeshows. The reporting functions are amazing and show us very valuable information about sales and products and locations of products that we never had before. Each inventory item allows you to add images and customize as you need. You can duplicate items easily and set up frequently ordered items as needed. It does take some practice to learn everything, especially since we use the program from a wholesale view but once you figure everything out, it is very quick to use and invaluable to our company now. The support service always gets back to us right away if we have a question or problem (which isn't very often). My only issue is with our Quickbooks integration. The integration pushes invoices or credits over to Quickbooks from Springboard as journal entries but then you have to re-enter the invoice/credit specifics into Quickbooks in order to actually have the info/details in Quickbooks. Then we run a Quickbooks report to make sure we haven't missed any invoices. It is a bit time consuming and there is room for error if you forget to enter in an invoice or mistype something. Springboard has said they are working on a better way to handle this but we haven't received any details yet. This one issue is small compared to the positives of the software. I would highly recommend it to any business that needs to manage inventory in one or many locations and is looking for a great reporting system.

Pros: Manage inventory, run reports, invoice and credits, manage consignments -- everything is all in one program.
It's mobile and in the cloud so we have access anywhere and anytime.
Support always responds in a timely manner.

Cons: Quickbooks integration not the best, but works with a little effort.

Carlos a. L.
  • Reviewed on 06/04/2016

"Springboard Retail is great and reliable point-of-sale solution for small and multisite businesses"

Comments: The interface is not only simple to use, but also easy to learn.
It is a system that allow very good inventory tracking.
It has good reporting capabilities.
The customer service is fast and friendly.

• Reviewed on 06/04/2016
Michael A.
Industrial Automation
  • Reviewed on 23/12/2014

"Review time"

Pros: The ease of it and accessibility of it are the best. It works well for us.

Cons: Nothing so far to report, I have had a good experience thus far.

• Reviewed on 23/12/2014
Ciara S.
  • Reviewed on 16/01/2017

"Great POS System for Retail"

Comments: After coming from a software POS system that offered a complicated process and little to no customer service, I was pleasantly surprised that at Springboard they have demonstrated fabulous customer service and communication through our transition to their software platform. As the Franchisor to a retail brand, I value Springboard's ease of use and fantastic support and customer service culture.

• Reviewed on 16/01/2017
Phil S.
  • Reviewed on 20/01/2017

"Best POS system in the market"

Comments: Love the simplicity and the ease of use of all the entire system and its features. Been a customer for just over a year and we've only had awesome experience with it. Very fast and its inventory system keeps amazing accountability. The only drawback if I was nitpicking is their online chat support which can take some time for a response. But you can always just call their support number instead and they're always helpful there.

Caroline K.
  • Reviewed on 10/07/2014

"Excellent experience with Springboard Retail"

Pros: I like the simplicity of the product. I also love that it is a multi-store product, so all six of our stores can be logged in and checking out customers at once.

Cons: I really don't have any complaints. The product is so easy to use, and I love the reporting that it offers. I wish that it synced with our website, a Magento-based site, but that is my only complaint!

• Reviewed on 10/07/2014
Michelle M.
  • Reviewed on 21/10/2017

"Exceptional Customer Service"

Comments: Overall, I'm extremely pleased

Pros: The setup of this point of sale system was very user friendly. It is very easy to use and the customer service is excellent.

Cons: I find running reports and programming promotions a challenge. In regards to running reports, it does not seem intuitive.

• Reviewed on 21/10/2017
Theresa J.
  • Reviewed on 05/04/2016

"Springbroad is the best system for fashion retailers"

Pros: These folks understand fashion retail. Most of the other cloud-based systems evolved out of "coffee-shops" and are focused strictly on point-of-sale. As a fashion retailer that has been around for over 20 years, we needed a system that helps us manage our inventory, vendors and customers. Plus they have awesome support.

Cons: Nothing much. Integration with with Shopify (for e-commerce) is still evolving.

• Reviewed on 05/04/2016
Heather K.
  • Reviewed on 10/06/2014

"Excellent Point of Sale Platform"

Pros: They nailed the user-friendly experience with this tool. It vastly improved our workflow and our customer's experience. Training new sales associates has been quicker and easier over our previous tool.

Cons: The options for gift cards is limiting, which becomes even more difficult when you have both online and brick-and-mortar storefronts.

• Reviewed on 10/06/2014
Morgan L.
  • Reviewed on 26/06/2014

"Fantastic retail software for our 5-store retail chain"

Pros: There are so many things we have liked about using Springboard. It is extremely user-friendly and very easy to train new staff on. The reporting features have helped us tremendously with customer service and satisfaction. Springboard support has been extremely responsive and helpful. They are timely with their responses and we've had very few issues.

Cons: We are working towards a way to integrate our gift card system, and we would really like an easy way to transfer inventory built in.

• Reviewed on 26/06/2014
Michelle D.
  • Reviewed on 18/09/2014

"A comfortable transition to an automated POS system"

Pros: Once we got underway, the equipment has been easy to use, much faster and more complete and accurate than we expected. The vendor is very cooperative when we have questions. Answers are prompt and knowledgeable. The vendor has also gone the extra mile in helping us weave POS data into usable form for our accountant and other service resources we use. In addition, they follow-up with us frequently to see how we are doing. It's just what you would expect from a first class vendor.

Cons: To date, we are pleased with all aspects of our system.

• Reviewed on 18/09/2014
Kelly R.
  • Reviewed on 05/09/2014

"This is a tech-savvy system that is great for my trendy store!"

Pros: Springboard has been GREAT with fixing minor glitches and making iOS update adjustments immediately! I love utilizing the iPad for my trendy boutique, and I love the inventory system. The fact that this POS system was created by former boutique owners is evident in the detail and ease of use.

Cons: The only thing I do not like is that sometimes the card reader and Bluetooth scanner do not work if the iPad has gone to sleep between customers. So the scanner has to be turned off and then back on to repair the issue. But this is a minor problem compared to the benefits of the system and has an easy fix.

• Reviewed on 05/09/2014
Wendy L.
owner/president
  • Reviewed on 14/10/2016

"Overall very satisfied."

Comments: Switched over from quickbooks point of sale about a year ago. (DO NOT BUY QB POS) The transfer of data went smoothly. The customer support was amazing. They have every feature I need for a small business with moderate to high volume. They system is very easy to use. They are continuously evolving and don't try to charge you extra for updates like some systems do. Because it is web based you can access it anywhere and enter inventory when you are not in the store with out having the POS set up on another computer. Reporting features help me analyze business better. Dashboard gives an overview of all info I need on a daily basis. Their customer service is the best I have encountered ever. They are usually available with little to no wait time. The staff is knowledgable and addresses any issues that arise in a timely manner. That being said, there have been a few glitches but as I stated they do fix them quickly.

Pros: Customer service. Web based, allows access anywhere.

Cons: Extra monthly charge for using POS on an iPad even if I use it for just 1 day. Not cheap, but worth the price.

• Reviewed on 14/10/2016
Julie K.
Apparel & Fashion, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 08/01/2018

"Springboard retail is a Game Changer"

Comments: I can look at my business from the app
On my phone anywhere anytime. I love this..it has given me some
Flexibility in my business and alllowed
Me to work
In a little
Family time

Pros: I have control of the IT end of my business . I do not have to “call a guy” every time something goes wrong or it’s time
For an upgrade. In 4 years my system has gone down maybe 4 Times and then never for more than 20 minutes and every time it has been the internet provider that was the problem but Springboard always steps up and gets it fixed. They never point the finger they just take care of it. Also there are no costly upgrades that require new computers and “that computer guy” to execute it.

Cons: When you need help they will often times refer you to their knowledge base...usually I have already gone this route and need an actual
Answer not another article to read.

• Reviewed on 08/01/2018
Pattie D.
Retail, 2-10 Employees

"Good Tool!"

Comments: This is a very nice tool that works as a POS as well as inventory and order capturing. It's pricey though.

Pros: POS is easy to use.

Cons: VERY pricey!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Plus the additional spend for adding another terminal just to use at off-site events is cost prohibitive when there are other options out there for less money or for free.

David F.
  • Reviewed on 05/10/2016

"Over Promise & Under Deliver"

Comments: On the recommendation of another store in the area that uses Springboard I decided to try them out. I was initially told I would be able to use all my same equipment that I used with a previous point of sale system, later that turned out to not be the case & at considerable cost. Importing the product seemed to be an extraordinary challenge for them as well, even though they said they switched customers from my previous point of sale to theirs, "all the time." All in all it took them over 7 days to import, and I'm still missing information or have information in the wrong places. Once we were ready to go with product in place, the new machinery they made me purchase stopped communicating with their Point of Sale & after several hours on the phone & several hundred dollars of walk out business they were able to fix most of it, only to have it happen several more times in the next 3 weeks. I'm still waiting on a call back from tech support so they can look at some issues that happened a week ago. All in all, this is extremely disappointing software. Had I to do it over again, I would certainly not have switched to Springboard.

Pros: It's easy for my seasonal employees to use, but not remarkably more or less than any other POS.

Cons: I was sold, "So much more than point of sale. Springboard Retail is a powerful, cloud POS software and retail management platform designed to help you sell more, smarter." So far it has entirely failed to live up to that billing. Rather cumbersome to put transactions on hold & recall, no time clock feature, a 4 to 5 step purchase order to purchase receipt function that is again, a bit cumbersome.

• Reviewed on 05/10/2016
Darren S.
Ops Manager
  • Reviewed on 22/11/2016

"DLM Supply"

Comments: I have been very pleasantly surprised about how well Springboard has worked out for our Men's Clothing boutique in Dallas. My colleague and I did some extensive research in POS systems. We both had a history of working with larger clothing retailers so we were accustomed to robust reporting, advanced order systems, and detailed item management. Springboard has been able to deliver on all fronts. I've also come to appreciate the support system that is built in. There is a message board available to submit requests/questions and the follow through has been pretty good. They have listened to some of our feature requests and I have noticed a couple of them were implemented on the following system update (which they also do frequently). We are currently working on getting our website up and running on Shopify, and the integration is working great in terms of syncing inventory.

Pros: Reporting, reporting, reporting. Reports are entirely customizable and there are several metrics to choose from. I feel like i have been able to replicate several of the reports that I had available to me at the large corporation that i worked at, and that has been very impressive. User friendly interface on the POS. Very easy to teach to new users. Detailed item management capability with unlimited customizable fields. Allows for even more robust reporting. Ipad app works well

Cons: There were a couple bugs early on when using certain browsers. We now use Google Chrome more often than not and it seems to be working fine. I wish the item management integrated more seemlessly to our Shopify site, but i think this is nitpicking a bit since most of the other POS systems don't even offer any integration. Definitely pricier than the competition, but you get bang for the buck. Web based interface is risky if you have network connectivity issues. We have been lucky thus far, but I could see this as being an issue for others. Wish there was an iPhone app, a little hard to view on the iPhone browser.

• Reviewed on 22/11/2016