15 years helping Australian businesses

About ZenMaid

The all-in-one maid service management software — sweeping maid service owners off their feet since 2013. Try ZenMaid for free.

Learn more about ZenMaid

Pros:

Cons:

N/a Any cons would be my lack of time to utilize all the features.

ZenMaid ratings

4.4

8.9/10

ZenMaid has an overall rating of 4.6 out 5 stars based on 161 user reviews on Capterra.

Have you used ZenMaid before?

Krissi
Krissi
Director in UK
Facilities Services, 11–50 Employees

Zenmaid my life easier!

Comments: The benefits of using this system have been amazing. I've scaled from myself and my husband to 20+ staff without breaking a sweat. It provides a GPS audit trail of appointments and the customer and technical support is second to none. The owner is incredibly hands on and actually listens, helps, advises and answers support questions himself - enabling him to remain in touch with what we the users want. The additional level of support that Zenmaid provides not just their users but the industry is amazing. They recently hosted and coordinated a global online summit bringing industry experts from around the world to provide help, support, ideas and beat practise to to the industry.

Pros:

Having started with this software when it was just my husband and I, it very quickly became the reason that I could grow my business so quickly. The ease of use, the ability to scale and the additional features it has are amazing. From GPS tracking apps, to snapshot reporting to a simple to read dashboard - it really does everything. Inclusive (free) texts to customers through the system to remind clients and staff of appointments - it really is a system where you can add a client, add the appointment, assign the staff member and then simply forget about it! Right through to providing unlimited customisable booking forms that seamlessly plug into your website or Facebook page. In addition, anything that it doesn't have right now, you simply add it as a feature request and their in-house development team start working on it. The rate at which the software has developed, enhanced and evolved over the last two years is phenomenal and I look forward to seeing how it continues to grow alongside me.

Cons:

Really difficult to say. I will agree with another review that the inability right now to calculate travel time directly in the system can be frustrating - however setting up travel appointments is one option that works as is simply exporting the payroll to CSV and applying some excel wizardry! Only other thing I like least is that the Halloween customisation was only around for a few days but I can't wait for the Christmas one!

5 years ago

Thanks Krissi! Was a pleasure meeting you in London last month :-) You'll be happy to know we're discussing mileage/travel time now that we have a new map view releasing next week!

James
Cleaning business owner in US
Individual & Family Services, 11–50 Employees

Great service for the price point

Comments: It’s a great service for the price. I’ve tried several others at this price joint and keep coming back to ZenMaid for the win. It will lack some of the crazy automation and integration you get from the more robust services, but at this price it’s the best out there for sure!

Pros:

The scheduling is clean and simple to use and far more intuitive then many other software providers I’ve tried

Cons:

Lack of automation and office management roll selection

Erin
Manager in US

The worst software

Comments: Extremely disappointed. We went with Zenmaid because we had the impression that it was built for made services. But now that we are working with them we realize they have no idea how cleaning companies are ran and what features are needed for a company to be successful. There is a long growing list of items they are working on and you vote on what's important to you. They are building the software and you are the guinea pig.
This is clearly a tech company that has created a software with no to little experience.

Pros:

We are able to schedule clients easily… With limitations. So far we have not had any issues with our customers getting emails or text message reminders.

Cons:

There are so many to mention. We are contacting tech-support every other day about an issue. They also do not answer the phone but push you to use the chat feature. However it is not a chat since it takes hours for a representative to get back to you. There are other issues that we have had using ZenMaid that they have had to fix behind the scenes. Meaning that it is a software issue and not a user issue. The app works If you don’t make any updates, otherwise you do have to shut the app down and restart it. We have constant issues with our team not being able to clock in and out on the app. Not being able to use any security features when our customers are making payments using a credit card is our biggest issue. They have down right refused to make any modifications to the payment page in order to protect our customers information.

2 years ago

This is a very frustrating and unfair review to read. All we're going to say is that these folks who left us this review are still using ZenMaid daily and have no intention of leaving us.

Leiby
Hospitality, 11–50 Employees

Look No Further

Pros:

Zenmaid is such a customizable software that anyone can have their desired experience. Our cleaners have access to their schedules and we can control the levels of access to information. We rely on this calendar to schedule multiple cleaning routes and over 10 cleaners. We use this software to manage our customer relationships, book customers, manage daily routes, and plan ahead. We have tried multiple software options and Zenmaid beats all of them.

Cons:

Out of 4 years of Zenmaid membership, we have only had one instance of downtime during the workday. Otherwise, no cons.

Angela
manager in Canada

ZenMaid ROCKS!

Comments: ZenMaid first and foremost has allowed us to reduce our office administrative staff from 5 employees to 3 employees which has resulted in great savings. ZenMaid has removed so many of the repetitive and ‘non-revenue’ generating tasks from our day to day and allowed us to focus and spend more time on generating new leads and really developing our sales abilities.

Pros:

I make a point of attempting to utilize every single feature available to us in ZenMaid. I literally re-watched Courtney’s Boot Camp video over and over again to get a solid understanding of what ZenMaid had to offer and how I could implement every single solitary feature to my advantage to save time and make it easier for my administrative staff, my field staff and my clients. I LOVE the ‘user friendly’ quality of ZenMaid … training administrative office staff is utterly a BREEZE! I LOVE the automated emails - they ROCK and save billions of hours of work. I LOVE the automated text messages - they are also AWESOME! Sadly, due to cost cutting measures we have opted to not use text messages as we are charged extra for those. I LOVE that all texts and emails are CUSTOMIZABLE - this is FABULOUS! I LOVE the cleaner APP - it has made a MASSIVE difference for our field staff giving them so much more freedom and much less responsibility in that they are no longer required to manually track any changes to their 2-week-old-printed schedule! I LOVE the ease of invoicing clients via ZenMaid! I also LOVE that on special occasions such as Christmas and Halloween, ZenMaid updates the look of the software to celebrate the season. I LOVE the reporting that ZenMaid offers and again, I make a point of utilizing as many of the reports as I can to assist me in my day to day tasks and reporting to the company owners.

Cons:

Currently ZenMaid will notify us of a scheduling conflict but only for the first visit of a recurring schedule. It would be great if ZenMaid would notify of any and all future conflicts or at least up to 6 months in the future. Presently I must “eyeball” cleaners' schedules to catch future scheduling conflicts. There are a few other minor and non critical fixes outstanding but I have already brought them to the attention of the ZenMaid team. I also appreciate the Help & Community and Inner Circle that ZenMaid set up, I think these are excellent ways to generate feedback from all users.

6 months ago

Angela, Your enthusiasm in this review got us PUMPED. Thanks for taking the time to write all of this, and we'll take the feedback on the scheduling conflicts to hear. We appreciate you and look forward to a long partnership with you and your company!

Natalie

Life Changing

Comments: When I started my residential cleaning company, we were completely on paper. I started searching for a scheduling software. I had tried several and was unhappy with each of them. Then I found ZenMaid. Not only did they import all of my customers (saving me many many hours), they also put my schedule together and set up my booking page! This software has freed up so much of my time, so that I am no longer spending hours a day working my business. On top of all of that, they have the best customer service that I have ever come across. Thank you ZenMaid for changing my business and giving me my life back!

Pros:

Its customization makes for ease of use

Cons:

The only con is that I didn't find it sooner.

Karen

Great Cloud Based Scheduling Software

Comments: The customer service and support is excellent. If I have a question; it is addressed almost immediately in the chat box or by email.

Pros:

It is so easy to use as well as get up and running. Very intuitive with a clean and uncluttered interface and very easy to navigate. It has a good deal of customization which is nice. I feel it has just enough bells and whistles to manage my cleaning business without being overly complicated or having too busy of a user interface.

Cons:

I have been using since August 2019 and have not found anything yet that I don't like. I will use this program until I don't need it anymore.

April
Secretary in US

I love Zenmaid!

Comments: It has been great! The transition over to Zenmaid from our previous scheduling software was so easy. The customer service is great. I highly recommend Zenmaid to all maid owners!

Pros:

It is so user friendly, easy to customize to your company needs and saves so much time in our daily operations.

Cons:

There is nothing that I don't like. I really love all the features.

Kayla
Individual & Family Services, 11–50 Employees

Amazing for residential cleaning

Comments: Amazing! ZenMaid is always making improvements and listening to their clients. The replied time and customer support is great.

Pros:

Easy to use, understand and love that we can color coordinate everything

Cons:

I wish clients could add in and edit their own notes. It would be nice if they could also make schedule request in there instead of a client app.

Angie

Great, scheduling app

Comments: So far I haven’t really had any problems. I’m overall happy.

Pros:

It keeps my business organized and my cleaners enjoy using it

Cons:

No customer portal It would be nice if customers can interact with the app

Stacy
Office Manager in Canada

Great Software, Continuous Improvements, Great Staff Support

Pros:

I really like that Zenmaid has a very responsive team and they seem eager to offer updates at a client's request. I also like that Zenmaid is specifically tailored to the cleaning business industry and that they offer valuable support of the industry, in addition to providing a great software. Many of the top cleaning businesses use this software and there is so much online interaction. I tried Jobber for a short period of time and although it had similar features, they didn't have the same kind of ongoing support that is specific to the business. I love that Zenmaid is continuing to improve and add more reports. I like to analyze data company data in excel, and some of these reports make it much easier for me to analyze. I appreciate that that I am able to offer feedback easily and just recently I requested a report, and it was included by the team within a few days.

Cons:

Initially the program did not have a map however they are currently working on this. Also there weren't many reports that could be pulled from the database. I would love to be able to have more reports in the future, such as a calculation of drive time spent between the "clock in" and "clock out" time of client houses.

Cheyenne
Events Services, 2–10 Employees

Best Software for a House Cleaning Service Owner

Pros:

The online booking platform has great customization. The app for employees makes scheduling a breeze. The entire software makes my company look more professional from a clients perspective due to online booking, automated texts and emails and invoicing.

Cons:

This is a new software so they are working on the kinks. The team is very responsive and helpful when there is an issue.

TIFFANY

A bit glitchy

Pros:

Pricing, very reasonable for a smaller company

Cons:

I dont like the glitches We experience glitches when making reoccurring changes. The calendar does not always load correctly. Techs cant always clock in and out dur to location. I'd like to be able to adjust pay to p4p. The app does not work well, we use the web version mostly.

Gina
Owner / Manager in Bermuda

ZenMaid for Scheduling & Customer Database Functions

Comments: We are only using ZenMaid for scheduling purposes so I cannot speak to the payroll / invoicing experience.

Pros:

*Designed specifically for cleaning companies * Options for automated communications for both customers and employees (email and/or text) - eg. appointment reminders, schedule changes, customer follow ups after service and more * Excellent customer service - Zenmaid extremely responsive and helpful with questions or concerns *Reasonably priced *Constantly upgrading, improving & adding new features (built in feedback system for feedback from users) *The app is super helpful for obtaining information on the go but does have its limitations - promises have been made to increase app functionality soon * Customizable - can add your own custom fields for customer information, statuses, etc. and can make determination as to who can see information (employees vs management) * Multiple viewing options for schedule * Multiple options for recurring service frequencies * Feedback section where users vote on suggestions for improvement * Also provide other useful tips/videos/articles on how to successfully run a cleaning company * Love how the software tracks your leads and how they came to you - provides great reporting for tracking which marketing sources are the most effective for you * Can link with your website for managing leads & online appointment bookings (if you want) * Like how employees can clock in and out of a job and can see a map of where they have to go

Cons:

* Can be cumbersome at times - particularly with making changes to recurring services. They seem to be aware of the issue and have been working on making improvements but it's not quite there yet. * Can be glitchy at times but generally can be correlated with when they have been introducing a new update which is understandable I guess. * Custom fields show up in order created and cannot change order they appear. This drives me nuts because as we are using we think of new things to add but cannot put the new fields next to others of similar vein so the information is a bit disjointed in appearance. * Wish we could print schedules * Wish we could visualize the schedule by customer on the monthly view * You can see all upcoming appointments for a customer but cannot print or email that to send to customer

Michelle
Owner/President in US
Hospitality, 2–10 Employees

Not recommend. No real customer service and they charge yor credit card the wrong amounts

Comments: Terrible. No customer support considering the outrageous monthly payments. There is no way for your to control your subscription in your profile, AND they charged my credit card after saying they would cancel. The software is very glitchy, it doesn't import client information for recurring cleans, it's just a junk software

Pros:

There was nothing note worthy about this software. I had tried 2 others before signing up for this software, but I had to enter my credit card JUST to get access to their free trial. Which was a big mistake, their software was subpar compared to the other 2 I had already tried

Cons:

- They charged my credit card even though they give you a "free trial". You MUST put in your credit card to have the free trial. The program is difficult to use, has bad lag times, does not have basic client info that merges into invoicing. More importantly, there is NO customer service. You cannot cancel your service on your account anywhere. I had to open an email complaint, where after days of back and forth with their spectacularly incompetent staff, they finally said they would cancel and remove my credit card from their database. Guess what?? Yes, they CHARGED my credit card $138 a week later. An amount that was far more than my monthly subscription price. I could not reach anyone at the company, and finally had to have my credit card company issue a charge back. Warning- I think this is a fraud company- DO NOT USE

last year

Nothing about this review has to do with ZenMAID Michelle here keeps ignoring our messages that she's been charged by zenBUSINESS which is NOT our company Here's the screenshot that Michelle herself sent us when she got charged. https://pasteboard.co/B0ozuQ7dPf68.png Hoping Capterra will take this down ASAP as it's unfair, inaccurate, and negatively affects our business :-(

Marci
Hospitality, 2–10 Employees

Almost Zen

Comments: I wish customer service was more accessible.

Pros:

For a first time person and scheduling, this software is easy to understand, and a quick start up. If someone wants to integrate other platforms, that integrate with ZenMaid, there is actually a course that people are encouraged to purchase. It integrates with most major platforms for billing, marketing etc.. Easy to use on start up. Does taking learning the integrations.

Cons:

It can be slow or bounce me ahead to a week that I didn’t want to be on. That takes a few clicks and closing the program then reopening.

Kelseray

Happy ZenMaid User

Comments: Overall it's positive, it makes life easy for keep tracking of client appointments and providing schedules for my employees, I always recommend it to those looking for scheduling software.

Pros:

Layout/design. Multiple options for viewing the schedule. Option for tasks. Billing capabilities. Reminders. OMW texts. E-mail templates. Fairly easy to use.

Cons:

It would be nice if the remember me function worked for desktops. And maybe a stay signed in option. Staying signed in on the website for mobile as well. (I don't tend to use the app much except when I want to quickly glance at the day's appts.) An option for photos would be really cool. An option for a 'clock in' and 'clock out', that has no correlation to appointments would be handy because I pay drive time and it's way easier to have them clock in at the start of the day, out for lunch, then back in, then out at the end of the day. I currently use Tsheets to do this.

Lucinda
Consumer Services, 11–50 Employees

Better than the "big guys"

Comments: The owner and his team try their best to deliver a maid-industry specific software solution and generally do very well.

Pros:

I liked how when I was creating a new client or scheduling n appointment, it was off to the right like a sidebar and that allowed me to view the entire calendar while creating the appt. Easier to use than the "big guys" like Housecall Pro or mHelpDesk.

Cons:

The schedule for multiple employees was not lined up nicely so that I could easily see where there are openings in the schedule for a new client. Very scattered and too much like using google with multiple calendars. I'm not going to pay to look at a schedule that is just like google's FREE version.

6 years ago

Thanks for taking the time to review us, Cindy! You are absolutely right! Our calendar does look like a view option in Google Calendar which is exactly what we were going for in ZenMaid. Google Calendar is super user friendly, and anyone can use it without a learning curve. We purposely wanted to mimic that. Where ZenMaid shines light years beyond Google Calendar (and our paid competition) is all the things that happen once the appointment is booked that no other free option can provide, and that makes us worth paying for. For example, a dedicated app that sends alerts , texts, and notifications to cleaners. And to customers updating them of statuses such as clock in times and arrival times. We have a full payroll system and marketing automations. Really - a list too long for this response. Back to the Google Calendar comment - we actually offer other calendar views that are designed for maid services as they grow because everyone has different preferences :-)

Jenavee
Business owner in Canada

Wonderful program!

Pros:

The customer service is top notch and I am always promptly helped when I have questions about Zenmaid.

Cons:

I really cannot say there are any cons to this software.

5 years ago

Thanks Jenavee!

Karen
Owner/Manager in US

User friendly

Comments: Moved from using Google calendar to this software. I only utilized the calendar portion at first and have slowly worked my way to reminder email -- follow up emails. Great time savers and opportunities for feedback from the customer.

Pros:

Very user friendly. Support staff is prompt to respond to questions. Tutorials are available.

Cons:

There are a few features that I would love. I have put the suggestions in...and they are responsive in checking feasibility.

Maria
Maria
Business Owner in US
Executive Office, 11–50 Employees

Amazing Customer Service and Overall Quality Product

Comments: It is great! They make you feel like part of the family by being responsive and letting you know about their constant growth.

Pros:

EVERY SINGLE TIME I have a question they reply to me directly and quickly. If they do not have a good answer they let you know they will add the problem to the list of things they are working on. And guess what! A few weeks or months later they have made the change! They will also include you in the process of designing the improvement by gathering your opinion.

Cons:

It can be glitchy but they acknowledge your problems when they happen so you dont get left feeling like you dont know how to use the software. It is not the cheapest option if you are just using it for scheduling but it has so many great features that others cannot compete on value.

Julie
Facilities Services, 2–10 Employees

Love the User Interface! So easy to use, easy to train, fast, full of automation!

Comments: We switched to Zenmaid from another online platform that was slow and prone to crashing leaving us without our customer data and schedule! We NEVER had that problem with Zenmaid. It is clean and simple and reliable with some very cool automation features that we loved.

Pros:

I love the email reminders and follow ups that it automatically sends the customer based on their scheduled cleaning! We also love the calendar view that makes it so easy to see who is cleaning which house. It's also easy to change the appointment right on the same screen. No switching from one tab to another to perform a task. It's all possible from the same screen in most cases.

Cons:

Can't think of anything that ever frustrated us. There may be some features that some businesses would like, but we love the program just the way it is. But we really appreciate how responsive the Zenmaid team is when we have a request for a new feature. They are always improving the product.

8 years ago

Thanks for the kind words, Julie :-)

kayla
CEO in US
Consumer Services, 2–10 Employees

Ditch the paper and get Zenmaid

Comments: Wonderful! Anytime you need help the entire team is amazing and quick!

Pros:

It is life-changing! So much in one place!

Cons:

I really wish I could separate the income from residential vs. commercial Also would be awesome if the days could wrap into each other, some of our commercial accounts don't start until 11 pm but we have to schedule them from 11 pm to 11:59 pm.

Consumer Services, 2–10 Employees

Support and software Is the best out there

Comments: Omg I do not know where to start. From my customers now being notified 2 days before all cleanings it has cut down on no shows as well as all the integrated tools u an take advantage

Pros:

You actually get to talk to the creator and share you experiences. Issues and they answer you rather quickly not to mention the ton of features that most other companies dont give

Cons:

In the beginning there was issues bit that was long ago and is no longer and issue

Shelley
Founder & Cleaning Lady in UK
Facilities Services, 2–10 Employees

The light at the end of the tunnel

Comments: I hope to stick around for a very long time. I do however feel some parts of zenmaid could be separated so the software and apps are not overloading

Pros:

The never ending support I get from the entire zenmaid community. I no longer feel so isolated and dragged down by all the "things" I need to remember as a business owner, I can put it on zenmaid and delegate, schedule, organise and calculate my workload along with my teams.

Cons:

The apps apps, they are slow and cost me time and lose my teams money.