15 years helping Australian businesses

About BookSteam

Effortlessly organize your business schedule online!

Learn more about BookSteam

Pros:

The smart scheduling option where booksteam calculates online appointment start times automatically. This saves money and keeps my massage therapists booked, making the most use of their time.

Cons:

I've had clients try to reply to the text to cancel, and that doesn't work. I cannot find a place to process customer receipt or printing a list of their past appointments.

BookSteam ratings

4.7
4.8
4.5
4.6

9.2/10

BookSteam has an overall rating of 4.7 out 5 stars based on 103 user reviews on Capterra.

Have you used BookSteam before?

Anastasia
Anastasia
President in US
, 51–200 Employees

Booksteam is the BEST scheduling software out there! We tried two others but third time's a charm.

Comments: Booksteam completely streamlined our old-school manual signup process and is light years ahead of the competition (SignUpGenius in particular). We are now able to have customers sort classes by location/practitioner/modality and class instructors are issued tablets to mark who attended (and didn't). This saves us SO many hours of work each week, it's great!

Pros:

Booksteam is so versatile - customers can search by location, practitioner, class type, etc. And the reports it generates are very helpful in terms of tracking attendance, no-shows, and seeing trends develop over time. Also, I have to give a shout-out to customer support which is second to none. We had a LOT of questions when setting up the system, and I can honestly say there was not a single time they did not reply quickly and concisely (usually within a 2-hour window; sometimes as quickly as 5 minutes). This is a HUGE step up from the customer support at the two other scheduling services we tried.

Cons:

I would just say that the setup process (particularly for multiple practitioners across several locations) takes a loooooong time. But I think it would with any software that has as many capabilities as this one. Once the setup is done, though, the hours it will save you in the future make it all worthwhile!

Imran
Imran
Team coordinator in Bangladesh
Information Technology & Services, 51–200 Employees

Time-Saving Solution: Unlocking Efficiency with BookSteam

Comments: Overall, BookSteam is a reliable and user-friendly appointment scheduling software that simplifies the booking process for businesses and enhances the customer experience

Pros:

One of the standout features of BookSteam is its customizable calendars, manage staff availability, and offer online booking options for clients.

Cons:

Although BookSteam has a mobile app, the app lacks certain features and functionalities available on the web version.

Jason
Teacher in Canada

Course registration app

5.0 4 weeks ago New

Pros:

Setting up class and course schedules is super easy. Handling invoices and payments isnt a headache anymore.

Cons:

I know its not possible to have everything but I wish they made an api available for integration with other services.

Cang
CEO in US
Sports, Self Employed

Missing features, some broken

Comments: App doesn't work well on Android. Customers unable to book their families/children while using packages, and because the kids don't have email addresses I have to use their parent's email, but I am not allowed to create accounts with the same email. Interface is confusing. The list of clients on a given class on the calendar has lots of buttons, I don't know what they do. Those buttons respond slowly. For some reason sometimes the visits are properly deducted from package, sometimes not. I think if the customer booked it themselves, it is, but if I added them manually it is not. But I had to figure this out. Nobody told me. It's pretty bad

Pros:

Inexpensive, responsive customer service

Cons:

Not good for clients who are children or families with children

Dave
Arts & Crafts, 11–50 Employees

Perfect booker for our business

Comments: As an archery classes business, we have found Booksteam to be an incredibly useful tool for managing our appointment scheduling.

Pros:

The software is user-friendly and has streamlined our booking process, making it easy for our clients to schedule and manage their archery class sessions. The platform allows us to customize our availability, set up recurring appointments, and send automatic reminders, which has helped reduce no-shows. Additionally, the ability to accept online payments through Booksteam has greatly improved our operational efficiency. Overall, we highly recommend Booksteam for any business in need of reliable appointment scheduling software.

Cons:

There is really nothing that we dislike about Booksteam so far, it's been great!

Roger
Doctor in Canada
Health, Wellness & Fitness, 11–50 Employees

This booking app rocks!

5.0 3 weeks ago New

Pros:

The fact that it's like having a super organized assistant that keeps our appointments in check for only $20!

Cons:

If you need online scheduling for your business, look no further! Easy to setup, ton of features, online payments and invoices and they don't charge an arm and a leg. After trying about five different software, booksteam was the best value for us.

Karen
Technician in Canada

Smooth scheduling

4.0 last month New

Pros:

BookSteam has made our operations smoother and more professional. Highly recommended for any lash business!

Cons:

I would really like if I could setup a second reminder but that's not a deal breaker.

Polina
Health, Wellness & Fitness, 2–10 Employees

I recommend booksteam

5.0 last month New

Pros:

BookSteam has helped streamline our operations and improve customer satisfaction in our salon. Highly recommended for any salon looking to modernize their appointment system!

Cons:

Can't think of anything negative about this software at the moment. Will reassess in the future.

Dale
Marketing in Canada
Automotive, 2–10 Employees

We found the perfect app

Pros:

Booksteam has transformed our auto detailing business. With its user-friendly interface and customizable features, managing appointments has never been easier. The ability to sync our calendar, set pricing, and send automated reminders has streamlined our operations and improved our customer experience.

Cons:

Would love to two way sync to my outlook and Google calendars at the same time.

Janice
Health, Wellness & Fitness, 11–50 Employees

Booksteam is great!

5.0 2 months ago New

Comments: Overall, Booksteam has been a valuable tool for our business, making booking appointments seamless and hassle-free.

Pros:

As a massage therapy business, we have been using Booksteam for online appointment scheduling, and we highly recommend it. Booksteam is a user-friendly platform that has streamlined our booking process, making it convenient for both our clients and therapists. Customer support team has been responsive and helpful whenever we've had questions or needed assistance.

Cons:

Trial period to be longer than 14 days so we could test it out more.

Julia
Founder in Austria
Marketing & Advertising, Self Employed

I love Booksteam and I want to contribute to make it better!

Comments: I had chosen to implement the system for my client (Yoga instructor) after evaluating Booksteam and other systems. At the end we decided to go with Booksteam. Client management and online booking was the most important feature for us. I wanted my client to be bookable over the internet and get rid of paper management.

Pros:

Integration was very easy. It is intuitive to use. After all it was easy, because the support team was and still is awesome!

Cons:

What I like least about the software is that it is not completely in German. I would like use everything in German - frontend (prio1) and backend (pro 2). As I already have done for the front end, I am willing to help you with ALL german translation issues. Send me the files, I will translate. 2. I would like to have the possibility to make presents to my clients - f.e. a gift certification for their birthday. Unfortunately, I am not able to do this, because I have to definitely buy a gift certification. 3. I would like a modification of the package logic. It should be possible using a package based on a price xy to redeem all classes based on the same price xy. I have different classes - all for the same price, but with different names. For all this classes, I would my client to be able to use the package they bought. (Note: Like references, where I can apply one reference to more than one class ??) I would like to be able to customize the feedback email, because I love the review feature. But it should also be in German. 4. Calendar: I am able to embed the Booksteam calendar, but it shows the attendants of a class. This might be a data protection issue. At the moment I integrated a google calendar at the customer's webpage. 5. I would love to get a notification, when clients bought a package online. 6. I would like the get a reminder of my client's birthdays. 7. Maybe there will be some more, but for the moment that's all.

Zoe
Business Owner in US
Health, Wellness & Fitness, Self Employed

Good product, excellent customer service/responsiveness

Comments: Overall my experience has been excellent. Any software or billing issues have been addressed with fabulous service, attention to detail and efficiency. Many thanks for making this techno-moron very happy!

Pros:

Any time I have had an issue with the software, the response has been immediate and the communication has been stellar throughout the process of fixing, or adapting, the software for my use. I like the product and find it fairly easy to use.

Cons:

Some functions are not obvious or easy to find. I am a non-techy, so the 'treat me like I'm 4 years old' approach from any software works a treat for me!

Heather
CEO in US
Hospitality, 2–10 Employees

Best Booking Software Ever!

Comments: This software saves so much time on so many things. I used to have to contact workers to see who would be available for a job. Then I would have to enter all of the client info into Quickbooks, import the Quickbooks info into my scheduling software. No MORE! On Booksteam staff can modify and set their own hours. Clients book them and the staff receives all the info they need for the job. My business can pretty much run itself now. I love this software. I have not found one like it yet.

Pros:

Pros Staff schedule themselves I can have multiple staff and locations Each staff and location can have different services and prices assigned to them Create an online store Promo codes Gift certificates

Cons:

There is nothing that I do not like about Booksteam. Booksteam is the best.

Tanya
Research Assistant in Canada
Research, 2–10 Employees

Excellent Value

Comments: I use the program daily and overall it’s worked very well without any problems.

Pros:

We were looking for a scheduling program for our research office, after doing a lot of convoluted research online (the different companies don’t make it easy) I happily came across Booksteam. It meets all our requirements at a great price.

Cons:

Unfortunately, you cannot reorder the staff in the calendar view, there are staff I like to keep within view at the top of the calendar but there is no option to be able to do this.

Aida
Product Manager in Philippines
, 1,001–5,000 Employees

Can save your time

Comments: Great software! Hope to continue to use this software, well done

Pros:

This software is the best for busy person, for their hectic schedule it can turn to save their time, this software is a online scheduling tool. Our clients can book online

Cons:

I cant say any problem with this software, the interface is really simple and nice. Amazing and helpful!

Don
Owner in US
Staffing & Recruiting, 2–10 Employees

Great Experience

Comments: We have been using Booksteam for several months and so far it has worked really well for us. We are not their typical customer as we have a small Staffing Company and we use it to the candidates can schedule interviews themselves with the time slots we have available. It makes it really easy and convenient for us.

Pros:

Ease of use once you are working with it

Cons:

It can be a little confusing to set up. Some of the terms that were used when we set it up were not something we typically use.

Marissa
Concierge in US
Airlines/Aviation, 51–200 Employees

Easy for holding records

Comments: Overall it was easy

Pros:

I liked that it easily formated information

Cons:

It didn't hit a lot of boxes on what we needed

Mackenzie
Business Owner in Canada
Health, Wellness & Fitness, Self Employed

Amazing software

Pros:

This software is affordable and very useful!

Cons:

It does not have an app yet :( when they develop an app for it, it will become the BEST!

Lara

Convenient and Streamlined software

Pros:

One of the standout features of this software is its flexibility. It allows me to customize my availability based on my grooming staff's schedules, ensuring a seamless flow of appointments throughout the day.

Cons:

I believe it would be beneficial for booksteam to implement a payment gateway specifically designed for South African businesses. This would enable seamless online transactions and make the scheduling process even more convenient for both businesses and clients in South Africa.

Josh
Director of Marketing in Australia

Booksteam is fantastic

Pros:

Really easy to use, flexible and the support team are attentive and take feedback constructively to improve their product.

Cons:

Didn't like that you couldn't customize the colour scheme - but this has been recently added as a feature.

Mary
Customer Service Specialist in Canada
Consumer Services, 51–200 Employees

Easy to Use and Teach

Comments: So far my overall experience has been great. We had a time Zone glitch and they were able to fix it in a timely manner and informed us of once it was fixed.

Pros:

Easy to use, easy to explain to co workers as well as clients

Cons:

I have No cons for about the product at this time

Victoria
Manager in UK
Transportation/Trucking/Railroad, 11–50 Employees

Simple...

Pros:

This does exactly what it says on the tin - schedules appointments - save money because the slots that are booked are scheduled to what i need.

Cons:

Its just a simple software - no wow factor - you get what you pay for. Set up took a while.

Christine
US
Used the Software for: Not provided

Perfect for one person startups

Comments: As an Esthetician, I have found Booksteam to offer an extremely well priced book system. It's relatively easy to figure out although it might take a few tries to figure out the inner workings. It doesn't have everything that I was hoping for but it's absolutely adequate for business owners on a budget. Clients have sometimes complained about having to insert their credit card details everytime they book but, you can reassure them that their info is never saved and actually provides protection. I use Booksteam alongside Weebly.

Monica
US

Great Simple Software - Easy to Use, Not Very Versatile

Comments: Pros:
Easy to use
Offers lots of great features
Works with PayPal
Links with your personal calendar
Support responds quickly
Cons:
No promo codes for discounts
Calendar entries could be more customizable in the way they display information
Doesn't allow clients option to prepay or to pay onsite - must be set up one way or the other

BookSteam Response

9 years ago

Hi Monica, thank you for your review and suggestions. Recently, we've added "Pay later" option where clients can now prepay or book and pay later. Hope that helps :)

Cosmetics
Used the Software for: Not provided

booksteam solved my big scheduling issue

Comments: It was tough running small business and answering phone calls all the time, I could not concentrate on my work. After getting setup with BookSteam, my phone almost stopped ringing, I'm less irritated, more focused on work. Thanks.

Pros:

clients get email notifications and appointment reminders so they don't forget, calendar looks great, can add my other worker as a stuff member

Cons:

none so far, hopefully it'll continue like that