• Overall

About SAP Litmos

The SAP Litmos learning platform enables thousands of global companies to deliver training in the now. More at www.litmos.com.

Learn more about SAP Litmos

Trevor S.
Director of Compliance
Oil & Energy, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 14/12/2016

"After one year of use for business, it does the job."

Comments: Overall it is a very well built system with the functionality necessary for the tasks.

Pros: The user functions are easy to learn and the creation of the substance has a wide range of adaptable tools.

Cons: The reporting section of the data on the back end is a bit cumbersome. The flexibility with the reports is limited and not as free to customize as I would have liked.

• Reviewed on 14/12/2016
Rachel G.
Instructional Designer
Computer Software, 1,001-5,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 28/10/2019

"Great product"

Comments: I had nothing but a positive experience when I set up and utilized this LMS in a previous role. The company I worked for was very old school and they did not have any difficulty adapting to this LMS which says a lot about its ease-of-use.

Pros: very easy to use, great customer service and lots of features.

Cons: Depending on the size of your organization and budget it can be a bit costly

• Reviewed on 28/10/2019
Emily C.
Sr HRIS Analyst
Banking, 501-1,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 25/10/2017

"Great LMS!"

Comments: Very happy with the product and rollout. I have gotten great feedback from our employee population so far.

Pros: -Very easy to use for both admin and user
-Easy to customize
-Clean and appealing interface
-SSO capability

Cons: -Reporting could be stronger, it gets the basics, but doesn't allow fully buildable reports
-Apostrophes are not compatible with usernames and emails.

• Reviewed on 25/10/2017
Ted H.
  • Reviewed on 31/05/2017

"FindIt allows me to find the right documents that I need to do my job."

Comments: document organization is easier in a large company

Pros: Search works really well, especially if you are aware of sort by "relevance" and know how to search in-document results and archives. Clean look and feel, with customization available on the home page. Tailored navigation menu that's well organized. Adding content by using the Item Wizard is a simple step-by-step guided process.

Cons: When you click on a file, I don't like the "Content Index" that shows on the left side of the screen. Should be able to disable/customize it. Advanced search features, are not obvious. Sort by "Relevance" should be the default search result order.

• Reviewed on 31/05/2017
Andy R.
director, Medical Group Training
Medical Practice, 10,000+ Employees
  • Reviewed on 05/12/2016

"Litmos LMS Review"

Comments: After a comprehensive search for a Learning Management System, our company selected Litmos. It combined the features we needed with a great user interface and an excellent price point. We began implementation in august and are already seeing significant benefits to our organization by December. The most exciting thing has been the unsolicited praise provided by members of our sales team.

Pros: Ease of use and affordability

Cons: None so far.

• Reviewed on 05/12/2016
Jorge C.
Senior Account Executive
  • Reviewed on 22/12/2017

"Great product and customer service"

Comments: The software is easy and intuitive. They seem to continue to roll out new features and stay competitive in the market.

Pros: I've enjoyed using this software. It's an easy way to deploy training to our new hires. We've also used it for deploying new processes and features of our software for our sales team.
Their customer service is also great. They are always to help with any issues that our team has.

Hi Jorge,

Thanks for the fantastic feedback! It's a pleasure and extra bonus partnering with BambooHR to deliver our training.

Cheers!

• Reviewed on 22/12/2017
Cofounder and CTO
  • Reviewed on 16/01/2018

"Taking a training on Litmos was easy"

Comments: Litmos made it easier for the training department to assign out and track trainings throughout the company. I was a user and receiving and taking the trainings was so easy.

Pros: I received training's via Litmos and it was so easy to use. Trainings were distributed to individuals or groups from the training department and Litmos kept track of who had taken them and when. I liked using it because I could stop mid-training if something urgent came up and return to it later. It was really flexible.

Cons: I'm not sure the company was taking full advantage of all Litmos had to offer. There seem to be a lot of options for customizing but figuring them all out without guidance took a bit of time.

by Litmos on 06/03/2018

We appreciate the feedback. Best of luck!

• Reviewed on 16/01/2018
Andrew W.
Business Manager
Mechanical or Industrial Engineering, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 05/06/2018

"Litmos is a good go-to"

Pros: I have found Litmos to be remarkably easy to use. It was a good, modern looking interface. The functionality has given us everything we have needed so far, and recent upgrades have improved it even more. A good bang for your buck.

Cons: They could have more videos and tools for purchase, but they have expanded that since we first started using Litmos.

• Reviewed on 05/06/2018
Reyna B.
Business Development
Construction, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 11/07/2017

"Litmos is an easy and basic to use LMS."

Pros: Loved how easy it was to plug an Articulate file and launch the learning piece so quickly. It was easy to duplicate and create quizzes.

Cons: I really wanted better reporting from the user end of the quizzes. It also was a chunky, clunky interface for users.

by Litmos on 31/07/2017

Hi Reyna,

Thank you for your feedback. We're happy to hear that you have found Litmos easy to use.

Have a wonderful day!

Jennifer Martin, Litmos by CallidusCloud

• Reviewed on 11/07/2017
David G.
Senior Learning Technologist
E-Learning, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 03/10/2018

"Adequate, but clunky - better alternatives for the $"

Comments: Adequate. Not bad, but certainly not good. Decent functionality (a few extra plusses) but a lackluster UX.

Pros: Limos is an adequate LMS which can track SCORM and xAPI compliant content. Further, you can directly send xAPI day to the Litmos database without having to upload the content in the LMS (Litmos was one of the first LMSs I encountered that allowed this).

Cons: UX. The UX for the user end can be okay. I haven't seen two companies I had consulted with push the UX to anything special which leads me to believe that it may be a big undertaking. This is also based on my experience in having to go into Litmos to troubleshoot issues a client was having with a course reporting completion. The admin UI wasn't the worst I have seen in LMS systems, but it was not a great design and for newer users (like my client), this can be very intimidating and disorienting. For the $ spent there are better systems then something that strikes users and admin as just "meh".

by Litmos on 04/12/2018

Hi David,

Thank you for leaving Litmos a review. We take these very seriously and I will make sure the product team has your feedback so that we can continue to be the #1 learning platform on the market.

Cheers,

• Reviewed on 03/10/2018
Brandon S.
Telecommunications, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 22/02/2017

"Beautiful Intuitive LMS"

Comments: Litmos is one of the easiest to Learning Management Systems. In addition to having a beautifully simple user interface it also has many advanced features not available in other LMS's including 3rd party integrations with many applications including: Google, Box, Dropbox, Okta, and Salesforce

Pros: Easy to use yet powerful.

Cons: Needs more prebuilt content to purchase and include in courses

• Reviewed on 22/02/2017
Michael D.
  • Reviewed on 23/05/2017

"Easy to set up with good search and organization"

Pros: Search functionality is simple and accurate. Easy to configure. Good support team and. Customization options for unique users and groups.

Cons: Lack of support for Windows and/or Android app - salespeople prefer using apps to browser based tools

Brad T.
North America Proposals and Programs Manager
  • Reviewed on 19/05/2017

"Like the ease of use. It's simple to navigate, lots of ways to customize and fine tune users view"

Pros: Allows flexibility in design and set up with good customization. Maintenance is simple, updates are easy to execute.

• Reviewed on 19/05/2017
Professional Training & Coaching, 11-50 Employees

"Very Solid LMS"

Comments: We have been using Litmos for a few years and it has been a very good experience. There are still a couple of features for sorting and moving users between teams and courses I would like to see, but since day one this has been one of the easiest and yet robust LMS.

Pros: Easy to use and set up for the first time. Lots of good features for courses and adding various media.

Cons: Still really clumsy on selecting users in bulk and moving them between teams.

Elizabeth N.
  • Reviewed on 21/06/2018

"Purchased Litmos 6 months ago and still not working"

Pros: It's easy to upload videos and the ability to customize the color creates a consistent branding experience between the website and Litmos.

Cons: I provided the exact requirements needed for the LMS system (as they were written out and approved by the department of education). One of the requirements is a LMS that requires some courses be taken prior to other courses as well as have groups of courses that can be taken in any order. When building the programs in Litmos, the prerequisite function didn't work and the Assign doesn't have enough functionality and our company had too many classes (there is a maximum number allowed). Six months later, 15+ technical and sales rep calls and the problems still exist. I am manually assigning classes to all students, 4x per day. Instead of doing my job, I am essentially a manually LMS system until I can get a working solution or pay for another LMS system. I've requested 3x to speak to someone else but my only contacts are the technical help desk and my sales rep.

by Litmos on 31/07/2018

Hi Elizabeth,

Customer satisfaction is very important to us and we are sorry you haven't had a positive experience thus far.

Please email me directly at [email protected] and we would like to look into this further.

Best,

• Reviewed on 21/06/2018
Application Development Engineer
Biotechnology, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 21/02/2018

"It appears easy to use & cost effective but there are too many bugs and terrible customer support"

Pros: The learner interface is clean and fairly modern, it worked with our company branding. I had a good experience with our sales rep who pushed the customer service department to respond when I couldn't get help with several major issues.

Cons: Too many bugs, inaccurate data, buttons not working, reports are lacking - we had to pull out our own numbers manually, terrible customer service - had to contact them several times to get a response (this was over a 2 week period) and then waited 4-5 days for them to get back to me with an answer about a bug. Had 2 different webinars set up to address issues and no one showed up, we had to call them to reschedule and only then did they acknowledge it was missed, on another call we actually ended up in someone else's help session and could hear everything. Complaints from our customers and users about login issues, browser compatibility, and course functionality (interactions built with Storyline don't always work once it's uploaded). Very frustrating - looked good at the beginning but we wish we had of gone with another LMS.

by Litmos on 06/03/2018

We apologize that you have experienced issues regarding our products and services. Our dev team works countless hours to guarantee that all bugs are fixed in a timely manner, and our support team is always here to help. Those are some of the reasons why Litmos has been rated a Top LMS for many years.

Unfortunately since you have not provided your name and company, we aren't sure how to help get some of these issues resolved. Please contact your Account Manager so that we can work closer with you so that you have a better experience with us moving forward.

Best,

• Reviewed on 21/02/2018
Pete P.
Sales Enablement Program Manager
  • Reviewed on 23/05/2017

"I use the Find It tool multiple times a day and find it very useful in my role."

Comments: I use this every day in my role as it allows me to find all of the information i need in one place.

Pros: It is a one stop shop for all of the information I need in my job, with a very easy to use search feature.

Cons: i don't have any issues with the software at this time. I had some issues with the search function early on, but after some additional training it has become more accurate and easy to use.

Maria J.
LMS Admin
Consumer Services, 501-1,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 29/08/2017

"This has been one of the easiest LMS to implement and administer."

Comments: The learning management system which provides educational content for internal staff, business partners, and clients.

Pros: We were looking for something easy to administer. When we implemented Litmos LMS, it was very simple and easy. It's also very intuitive and easy to navigate.

Cons: Reporting and some UI functions for administration need improvement. However, on a positive note, I was able to join a website that allows us to report and vote on new issues and enhancements.

by Litmos on 07/09/2017

Hi Maria,

Thank you for your feedback. We're thrilled to hear that you're finding Litmos intuitive and easy to use.

Have a great rest of your week!

Jennifer Martin, Litmos by CallidusCloud

• Reviewed on 29/08/2017
Eve K.
Manager Sales Enablement
  • Reviewed on 28/06/2018

"Outstanding support. Easily integrates with SFDC and our SSO."

Pros: Ease of uploading content, creating teams, learning paths, self-serve for certification and other content. Ease of updating content. User-friendly. Rapid response when support is needed. A quick switch from Admin to Learner interface to test content. Ease of generating reports.

Cons: Not much I don't like. Sometimes would like specific reports and built-in drag and drop in the assessment builder. Can overcome with hot-spots.

by Litmos on 13/08/2018

Thanks for the great review, Eve! It is always a pleasure working with you. Cheers to a continued partnership for many years to come!

• Reviewed on 28/06/2018
Kimberly M.
  • Reviewed on 18/05/2017

"We had a great experience launching and continuing to use Enablement the last several years."

Pros: Enablement makes searching so easy! There are so many different advanced filtering options available to narrow down a wide search. Even though our company uses multiple sites to maintain internal and customer facing collateral, North America sales has made Enablement our go-to tool. The site remains fresh by auto-archiving older content while allowing for users to search the archives when needed. The News feature has allowed us to cut down on the number of large emails being sent to our teams. As an administrator, it's been very easy to create new playbook pages and customize the menus to enable our sales teams to find content quickly. We have recently expanded the use of the tool to other departments as well.

Cons: There are 3 areas that I think could be improved.
1) While you can access Enablement on mobile devices, it's unfortunate that there is not an App for Android users.
2) I also wish there was a way to make the Item Wizard (when adding new content) unique by Business Unit or Department and have the ability to hide things that are not relevant to a group.
3) When creating a new customer portal, the step-by-step wizard is not customizable today. There are several steps that we would like to hide and are unable to do so.
Overall, these cons are minor and our admin and publishers have learned to ignore sections that are not relevant to them during the tagging process.

• Reviewed on 18/05/2017
Assistant Director Training Department
  • Reviewed on 03/08/2016

"Integration Rich, Easy to Use"

Comments: We've been using Litmos for a little over a year, coming from another LMS system that did not meet our needs. Litmos is very easy to learn, we were building courses quickly once we got in. They have a great array of features for course building with different module types, including assessments, videos, text, and integrations with GoToTraining and other delivery tools that makes it easy to created a mixed deliverable which keeps people more engaged than slide after slide after slide. A for that. They also update their product regularly with new features, and make it easy to learn/find these by notifications at the top of the site, and offering new release webinars and videos parked on YouTube. A on their communication of new features. Reporting takes a bit of getting used to, as you can drill down from a broad set of figures to a granular individual student level, I often find it best to export these as Excel files and manipulate the data with my own formulas and pivot tables. B on reporting capabilities. We use Litmos to train thousands of clients annually as opposed to training just a few hundred of our own staff - our DB at this point consists of 10,000 users and considering the volume, we very rarely have issues with the Litmos tool itself from an accessibility or bug perspective. As a professional trainer of software products, I can say confidently that that is a true accomplishment. A on code stability! Best advice is to plan our your organizational needs as a flow chart so you get it right the first time.

Pros: Integrations with many outside products, including GoToTraining/Webinar, Salesforce, Wordpress, several shopping cart tools, and more. Easy to learn, easy to course build. Several options for organizing by Team or Learning Path. time.

Cons: Two minor pet peeves in course building - no "center" option on image alignment - you have to either code it in, or put it in the middle of a 3 column centered table. No spell check in standard typing view, you have to go into the source code view to see spelling errors. True con lately is support turn around time. Support is through online ticketing system, even if you call in, they simply file the ticket on your behalf. I understand the need for that, as we urge our own clients to use our self-service portals first. But we are currently in the position of needing assistance with the Litmos/Salesforce integration, and we are closing in on two weeks and still do not have resolution. I have twice proposed meeting times several days in the future and had team members on standby to drop what they are doing to meet with a Litmos rep when they have time for us, and both times got no response until after the proposed meeting dates. This needs serious improvement.

Erik K.
Sr. manager of Learning and Development
Internet, 501-1,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 29/09/2020

"Litmos LMS served its purpose for a time but I moved on"

Comments: It was good when we used it years ago, but the features were very lacking. We moved onto a different LMS back in 2017.

Pros: It was simple and relatively easy to use.

Cons: When we used Litmos, the feature set was very minimal and didn't meet many of the needs we had at the time.

• Reviewed on 29/09/2020
Training Specialist
Hospital & Health Care, 501-1,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 30/03/2021

"Too Buggy"

Pros: It is easy to assign trainings and easy to upload your own content.

Cons: Well, where do I begin. Much of their training content is UK based, but since we live in the US, laws aren't the same here. This is problematic when assigning Compliance training. While it is easy to upload your own content, it is cumbersome to have to do so just to replace one of their training's because laws are different in this country. When you search for training's in the content library, it doesn't allow you to go back to your curated search, but will instead begin your search all over again if you attempt to use the back button on your browser. There is no other option. So the lovely list of 6 or 7 trainings you wanted to view from your search, will no longer be there and you have to start all over again if you pick one to view. Also, it appears that each time they have an update or a fix for one issue, another one appears. Customer service is awful and they love to tell you that your browser is out-of-date for any issues you are experiencing. This is so frustrating and I cannot wait to move to another platform.

• Reviewed on 30/03/2021
Zachary B.
  • Reviewed on 03/08/2016

"Helps us meet our customers' needs"

Comments: We use Litmos to host eLearning for our clients when their LMS's don't make the cut. Sometimes they're looking for a way to deliver training to personnel outside their organization, other times they need to meet a critical training deadline that their internal LMS couldn't satisfy. No matter the business problem, Litmos allows our team to get courses out the door quickly to audiences ranging from tens of learners to thousands of learners.

Pros: The price is right. It's super easy to scale your license allotment up or down with training demand. The UI is simple and easy to use. Reports are exactly what you would expect. Bulk user management is as easy and flexible as it gets!

Cons: Sometimes we have to collate a couple different reports to get all of the columns we need in one report. Not the end of the world, but it takes some tinkering to figure out which reports have exactly the right information in them.

Shari H.
Independent Contractor
Insurance, 10,000+ Employees
  • Reviewed on 14/07/2021

"SAP Ease of Access"

Comments: This has been a great experience and I can understand material clearly and I can take courses at my own pace.

Pros: The software is much faster than previous software programs that I have used. This software allows me to see my progress within a course and it lets me see the modules that are part of a course that I take. This software also shows me what courses I am taking and when I click on start course, it will let me see what modules are in the course and as I complete them, it shows me the percentage of the course has been completed.

Cons: There are no cons. I love this software and it is much more efficient and fast when I want to work on courses and trainings in a timely manner.

• Reviewed on 14/07/2021