• Overall
    4.2 /5
    4.4 /5
    4.1 /5

About SAP Litmos

The SAP Litmos learning platform enables thousands of global companies to deliver training in the now. More at www.litmos.com.

Learn more about SAP Litmos

Showing 25 reviews of 259

Artem V.
1,001-5,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 17/03/2018

"Leader in LMS design and usability"

Comments: We needed a central place to house all of our courses and needed the ability to track who has completed what and where our learners are struggling. Based on the tracking for our support teams we have been able to change our approach and be more inclusive of everyone.

Pros: The simplicity and usability of the learner view makes it easy for them to know what courses to do and what needs completing. Building courses is easy as well and they offer quite a few module course types in addition to that recently there are a lot of great features to automate the the reminders to ensure learners are completing tasks on time.

Cons: Could use some more reporting on the instructor led sessions. In my specific use case I need to report on the number of live sessions we are doing and often requires some excel magic to get what we need. Also would like to see more integration into other virtual platforms other than GotoTraining.

by Litmos on 23/03/2018

Hi Artem,

Thank you for the great feedback! We are delighted that you have found success using Litmos. I will give our product team your feedback regarding reporting on instructor led sessions and integrating into more virtual platforms. Keep in mind that we update our product often and it will continue to improve with each update. Please reach out if you ever have any questions.

• Reviewed on 17/03/2018
Alan thomas P.
  • Reviewed on 04/08/2016

"Litmos is rapidly change the way my company thinks about eLearning"

Comments: We began with Litmos to fill specific needs for compliance training for our users across multiple counties. Now that we have a better understand of all of the great stuff we can do with Litmos, the Change request don't stop coming.

Pros: Litmos is both easy and useable for all of our employees. Whether they are within the Company Network, on the road with a mobile device, at home from their private devices or in the Internet Café around the corner! Learning should be fun, effective and not add to the stress of our daily job. Simple holistic UI that doesn't overpower the user.
Makes life easy for our 'Salesforce #AwesomeAdmin!

Cons: As a seasoned #Salesforce #AwesomeAdmin I miss the flexibility of the Reporting/Dashboard functionalities provided by the platform. Litmos would up the bar even more if I had these tools without having to commission professional services.

• Reviewed on 04/08/2016
Margaret J.
Philanthropy
  • Reviewed on 30/12/2014

"Litmos LMS is Great for Integrated eLearning"

Pros: With regards to the actual Learning Management System, the highly user-friendly interface allows me to be creative without the stress of a complicated application. The way modules are stored allows for reusing essential segments such as general course introductions and explanations. The seamless integration of other applications such as Articulate and Captivate is already impressive. However, being able to link my students to live presentations and actual sites for practical application provides more comprehensive accessibility. With regards to customer service, my concerns are addressed quickly. I feel that they care enough to consider my concerns even if they are not able to make adjustments at that time. Also, my students really like my certificates of completion, which are really easy to set up and change.

Cons: While this system is set up for eCommerce, it does not allow for the type of billing options that I want to offer my students. Additionally, the notice board is not easy to edit. I have had to retype my entire message. To address this, I develop my text in a word processor before copying and pasting it into the notice board. This has actually proved to be a better discipline for me, so I will probably continue this, even if they enhance the text editing capabilities.

• Reviewed on 30/12/2014
Kelly B.
Education Director
Philanthropy, 501-1,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 13/09/2017

"Ahead of the curve in features, reporting and flexibility"

Comments: We did a full 4 month research and vetting process to determine the best LMS for our needs, after more than legitimate 20 candidates of the hundreds to chose from we narrow the search to five and of them only one had the tools, feature and most importantly a vision for what the future looked like.

Pros: Easy build out and flexibility to use modules in multiple courses. Learning paths for course combinations make compliance training easy. However the two things that stand out a Pro 1) Customer Service/Support is over the top. Every time we have had a question or something wasn't as we thought it should customer and support is amazingly fast in response time and thorough in making sure we were back on track. 2) The reporting—you can build just about any report you can think of and trust me we have pushing the envelope.

Cons: Hard to come up with a con that is exclusive to Litmos that other do better or offer. My biggest issue is with the pricing model of the industry as a whole, but it's still not a con since Litmos has more flexibility in their model to (kind of) meet our needs. I'm nit picking now but I wish we could turn off (hide) some of the fields in the registration page rather than just make them optional. As a company we already have the person information and data for the registrant so the page is unnecessarily messy. (I told you I was nit picking. )

• Reviewed on 13/09/2017
Lymphedema Therapist
Financial Services, 10,000+ Employees
  • Reviewed on 26/12/2018

"Easy to use and navigate learning management software"

Pros: At my company, we use Litmos and I administer the exams and update the content. It has been great moving to this solution as we have increased user engagement due to the design interface, easy navigation and test/quiz setup. I love the reporting features. There are many reporting options that you can customize and then save for quick report runs. Creating exams is easy by using a spreadsheet (csv) template file saving you time. Making changes and adding unique features like randomizing the questions, adding certificates for completion and custom course images make Litmos LMS the go to solution for our training department.

Cons: Manual grading of short answer questions should be done via an email notification of those specific questions to make it easier to grade more efficiently.

by Litmos on 22/02/2019

We really appreciate the great review of Litmos! That is excellent that you have increased user engagement --- not always an easy task, so cheers to you!

- Allison

• Reviewed on 26/12/2018
Kim P.
L&D Team Lead
  • Reviewed on 14/09/2017

"Valuable tool for the price"

Pros: Litmos is easy to use overall. We can define our own learning paths, make classes active or inactive and quickly add or deactivate users.

Cons: The Customer Support is not very good. We had an issue with many of the Litmos provided videos not playing and found out weeks later that those particular videos had been dropped. The ones that were they were replaced with were okay but not as good as what we lost and it took too long to find this out. We also had an access issue supposedly due to an unpaid bill but we had the paid receipt and provided numerous times before access was granted again.

• Reviewed on 14/09/2017
Michael M.
Learning designer
Health, Wellness & Fitness, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 16/11/2020

"Below average LMS"

Comments: Overall I would rate Litmos 2 stars, and in my experience using and evaluating other leading LMS systems, would rate it as below average, primarily due to the bug and support issues.

Pros: Compliance: Can distribute material to all staff and track who has and who has not completed.
Features: Litmos has most "must-have" features of an LMS e.g. assessments, reports, hosting interactive units, files and pages, mobile friendly.
Learner interface: The learner interface is generally neat and tidy. Displays interactive content reasonably well (when no bugs are present, see cons)

Cons: Bugs: Litmos doesn’t seem to be a fully stable LMS from a technical perspective, which sometimes causes page links to be broken, buttons not working or disappearing, accessibility issues (such as can’t add alt text for images in assessments, inaccessible labels of buttons), and course functionality issues (interactions built with authoring tools don't always work so images randomly don’t show and pages randomly don’t load). Litmos doesn’t appear to be committed to quality assurance or product development.
Support: Invariably, there are very lengthy delays in support responses (weeks or months) and fixes are either non-existent or heavily delayed (months or more), even when it is an impactful bug clearly caused by Litmos. Combined with the bugs listed above, this creates frustration for admins.
Modular functionality: Course creation options are limited, for example, there’s no way to organise content by sub-modules and no way to drip feed content to learners to create a spaced learning campaign.
Admin user experience: Litmos can be clunky and counter intuitive to use as account admin, completing some tasks is more complex than it should be.
Theming: no ability on admin side to adjust theme of LMS (colours, fonts and layouts).
Reports: Ability to configure and create granular reports is average to poor.
Compliance training: Most compliance courses included with Litmos feature below average learning design (learning is passive and generic).

• Reviewed on 16/11/2020
Kathleen O.
Program Manager, Sales Enablement
Computer Hardware, 5,001-10,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 23/05/2017

"Helps me everyday in my job to become more productive"

Pros: I like the functionality of FindIt. A large manageable database of information that is utilized daily. I require information at my fingertips for contract negotiations and sales enablement (support of sales). The ability to quickly find information almost instantaneously is critical to my job which is fast paced. Could not live without it.

Cons: There are times I search for a particular file or document and I get zero hits. I go back in and search again with minor tweaks on the original request and I get a hit. Would be great to have the option of some type of "fuzzy search" which would allow a much broader search of the database.

• Reviewed on 23/05/2017
Bryan M.
Proposal Specialist
Computer Hardware, 10,000+ Employees
  • Reviewed on 31/05/2017

"FindIt has been a true asset to my day to day at Lenovo. Very snappy, very easy to use."

Comments: It's extremely usable and has consolidated my documents in one place to speed up my day.

Pros: The ability to tag posts and the ease of uploading different files lets me retrieve long archived presentations and documents quickly. I've also enjoyed how responsive and quick FindIt can be with it's searches.

Cons: I do wish there was some kind of auto tagging feature. Many of our users choose not to tag, and with a cryptic title it can make some documents difficult to find. If there was an option for a auto tagging via a quick scan of the content, that'd help compensate for my coworker's shortcomings :)

• Reviewed on 31/05/2017
Antonio G.
Training Coordinator
Insurance, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 31/10/2017

"Litmos is the versatile and easy to use platform we need to manage our training program."

Pros: Ease of use is key. Creating courses and ensuring each learner is getting what they need quickly is important to our organization.

Cons: We have found key features are behind a pay-wall. Paying to upgrade for Persist has been a road block for us.

by Litmos on 06/03/2018

Hi Antonio,

Thank you for the feedback! We do take great pride in our platform being the easiest to use LMS on the market.

Yes - some of our premium features are an added cost. If you have any additional questions regarding costs and feature functionality, please don't hesitate to reach out to your Account Manager who can help guide that conversation and address any questions you may have.

• Reviewed on 31/10/2017
Kirstin G.
Project Specialist
  • Reviewed on 22/02/2017

"Litmos As Platform for Custom Learning Site"

Comments: We use Litmos as the base for our custom learning site to train our end users on our computer software and the different modules in the program. We have started with the Litmos standard and through coding and customization created our own learning platform

Pros: It is easy to customize the look enough to make the software feel like your own. You can setup your own structure and design. There are cool integration for "games" systems built in.

Cons: The customer support can sometimes take a little while to resolve issues. Sometimes wonky stuff happens that you cannot explain. The structure can be a little rigid in certain areas such as permissions.

• Reviewed on 22/02/2017
Donald F.
OHS advisor
Oil & Energy
  • Reviewed on 13/06/2017

"Very easy functionality for our employees to use"

Comments: Great functionality

Pros: Easy of setting up course content within the system. Employees track their own training progress....

Cons: Reporting functions could be better.

by Litmos on 01/08/2017

Hi Donald,

We're happy to hear that you are finding Litmos easy to use and that we are helping your employees to track their training progress.

Have a wonderful day!

Jennifer Martin, Litmos by CallidusCloud

• Reviewed on 13/06/2017
Jay Q.
Sales Application Engineer
Machinery, 1,001-5,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 17/04/2017

"Excellence in Customer Service"

Comments: It's no secret that there are a multitude of options in the marketplace when considering an LMS. Your specific training requirements will dictate which direction you take. However Litmos offers customer service and support that is second to none! This is the reason I have chosen them above the rest at 2 separate companies over the past 2 years.

• Reviewed on 17/04/2017
Senior Customer Success Manager
Computer Software, 501-1,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 25/10/2019

"Decent LMS product"

Comments: We've gone through several LMS platforms and Litmos has been the best one so far, despite its shortcomings on the user interface side.

Pros: Very clean interface for our employees and customers to use. Has a lot of features that often come in handy (e.g. Teams, reporting, etc.)

Cons: Some of the functions (like Teams) are super clunky! Takes a lot to explain how they work to customers and not super intuitive.

• Reviewed on 25/10/2019
Melissa D.
Proposal Development Specialist
Information Technology & Services, 10,000+ Employees
  • Reviewed on 24/05/2017

"I really like the tool it is very helpful in my role as a Proposal Development Specialist."

Comments: This software provides a great home for content for RFP responses and company messaging.

Pros: I like the ability to house information my team needs to reference on a regular basis. It helps us to provide consistent messaging among my team and across the company.

Cons: When searching for content, I would like it if the archive button didn't have to be selected every time.

• Reviewed on 24/05/2017
Maritime, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 04/06/2018

"We are moving away from Litmos after having used it for 3 years."

Comments: Fast deployment of eLearning business - but is now looking for another platform.

Pros: Have used it for offering paid customer product training on our products. Has 1000+ users in the system right now.
Pricing is reasonable.

Cons: Too much manual work steps due to lack of integration / APIs for automation.
No support for a "subscription" model with renewable access to a number of courses (ie. recurring revenue model).
Poor responsiveness towards extension requests.

by Litmos on 13/06/2018

Hi there,

That is unfortunate that you will be switching learning platforms after using Litmos for 3 years. I would encourage you to set up some time to review our system with your dedicated Account Manager and see what we can do to help you reconsider this switch. As always, our award-winning support team is here to assist at any time as well.

Cheers,

• Reviewed on 04/06/2018
Meghan T.
Training Specialist
Banking, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 13/04/2017

"Overall great system"

Pros: The system is extremely user friendly for the end user and administrators. It is customizable allowing us to brand it to our needs.

Cons: The system condenses trainings down once uploaded making them difficult to view. To work around this we have made trainings longer or had to place them in the additional references.

• Reviewed on 13/04/2017
Kenneth H.
Internal Systems Specialist
Human Resources, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 18/12/2018

"Incredible Learning Management System"

Pros: This system has open API's that can be used to integrate with other website platforms, enabling a user to add learning to their own system.

Cons: It has too many pop-ups that occur when setting up a user that is going to access the system via SSO

Hi Kenneth,

We love to hear that you think our LMS is incredible! I will make sure our product team gets word of the pop ups you are experiencing, and that we resolve that issue.

All the best,

• Reviewed on 18/12/2018
Sue F.
Operations Manager
  • Reviewed on 21/05/2015

"LMS Novice able to pick up and use platform in no time"

Comments: I needed to stand up an LMS very quickly. With no prior experience I reviewed 8 different platforms. Litmos stood out among them for it's ease of use both in creating courses and for the learner. The responsiveness of the Litmos team sealed the deal. Although there are some limitations with the types of reports and views I need, I know the team is willing to listen and make changes to meet customer requests. I am still in the very early stages of using the platform and know I have a long way to go, but I am glad that we chose Litmos as they are growing too and I think we can be partners for a long time to come.

by Litmos on 21/05/2015

Hello Sue!

Thank you for the review and for choosing Litmos. We are always looking to better our platform and we will continue to build on our reporting; it is one of those features that will always need work for any LMS.

We also hope that this partnership will continue to grow and flourish! Let us know if you ever have any questions, our support team is ready to help with any of your needs.

• Reviewed on 21/05/2015
Chandrakant K.
Lead Programmer
E-Learning, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 22/10/2018

"One of best LMS platform"

Pros: Litmos provides the responsive and easy to use user interface for both learner and Administrator. Role based login, custom reporting and API support makes it more powerful. You can have a custom URL of your own choice along with some prebuild learning courses.

Cons: As of now, the Litmos mobile app may not meet your expectations but you can choose to browse the Litmos platform using latest web browser.

by Litmos on 04/12/2018

Hi Chandrakant,

Thank you for acknowledging Litmos as one of the best LMS platforms! As always, please reach out at any time and we are always here to help.

Best,

• Reviewed on 22/10/2018
Kira C.
Rich Media Ad Operations Specialist
Marketing & Advertising, 501-1,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 19/02/2019

"Litmos LMS"

Pros: The Course Library and Achievements are helpful to keep track of your progress.

Cons: Really would like to receive suggestions based on previous courses.

Hi Kira,

We are glad you find our course library and achievements tab helpful to keep track of your progress.

All the best,

• Reviewed on 19/02/2019
Valerie M.
Training & Product Manager
  • Reviewed on 30/03/2016

"Outstanding Product"

Comments: I reviewed 15 LMS systems for Cubex prior to making our final decision. Litmos checked off every box and seamlessly integrated with Salesforce. Their customer support is OUTSTANDING and their development team is constantly putting out new features and functions that make the system more and more valuable to us.

• Reviewed on 30/03/2016
Ally G.
Human Resources Coordinator
Management Consulting, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 07/06/2017

"Great Customer Service"

Pros: The representative was very responsive and did not waste my time with useless sales pitches. She got directly to what my needs were and sent me the course catalogue to review.

Cons: Unfortunately the courses are not relevant to our specific line of engineering work, and we already have an LMS that covers our human resources compliance and soft skill professional development needs.

• Reviewed on 07/06/2017
Tim C.
Training Compliance Manager
  • Reviewed on 16/06/2015

"Consistent Training"

Comments: Litmos has given me a platform to present all the required training for my company and reach every employee. Tracking the training has given me the consistency of the product and companies we serve. Litmos has provided a significant gain in knowledge, confidence and consistency.

by Litmos on 16/06/2015

Hello Tim! We are glad that Litmos has provided you with a great experience and the knowledge, confidence and consistency you need to make your company successful. As always, feel free to reach out to us if you ever have any questions.

• Reviewed on 16/06/2015
Diya G.
Rutgers Student
  • Reviewed on 16/04/2018

"Used Litmos to create an LMS for a college project"

Pros: There are many features in Litmos that can make your LMS stand out and it features gamification, testing and quizzing, as well as the opportunity to upload different file types

Cons: There was nothing glaring that stood out to me that I didnt like except for the pricing. I used a free trial but would probably not buy this software due to price. It seems like a good pricing scheme for enterprise solution (college buying Litmos for students)

by Litmos on 19/04/2018

Hi Diya,

Thanks for the positive feedback. Good luck in your endeavors!

• Reviewed on 16/04/2018