15 years helping Australian businesses

About Everhour

Accurate time tracker that fully automates and personalizes the billing & invoicing process and integrates with accounting software.

Learn more about Everhour

Pros:

Cons:

Missing 'Submit' feature, but it was delivered recently as far as I remember.

Everhour ratings

4.6
4.7
4.5
4.6

9.0/10

Everhour has an overall rating of 4.7 out 5 stars based on 421 user reviews on Capterra.

Have you used Everhour before?

Paul
Paul
CEO in Netherlands
Information Technology & Services, 2–10 Employees

Easy hour registration with budgetting + invoicing

Comments: The easy way of data entry of of my daily different tasks reduced my frustration of this tedious task and saved me time in the end. I do not use a timer, but everhour does provide one too. The overall functionality from time entry, scheduling, budgetting, reporting and invoicing makes it more than just time entry with a well thought out interface,

Pros:

The software has a really nifty integration with Clickup and provides you the information in a single click. The interface is very intuitive and helps us reduce time needed to report hours of different project tasks. On top of the nice integration it goes even further and provides a way to get more grip on a project by defining a budget. And when all hours written, you can customize your reports or use the API to run queries/exports of the data.

Cons:

As we work with contracts too, we had to find a workaround to get these grouped/reported. We would love to see some kind of recurring projects which can be renewed on an interval, so support contracts on hourly or ficed price basis can be handled towards invoicing.

5 years ago

Thanks for the insightful feedback, Paul!

Nikolay
Design Engineer in US
Construction, 11–50 Employees

Excellent Time Tracking and Simple Project Management Software

5.0 last month New

Comments: The trial and setup of Everhour was by far the easiest of any time tracking software. The interface is minimalist and extremely logical, so there was almost no learning curve for our team.

Pros:

The clock in/out functionality is by far one of the most simple yet organized on the market. We assign multiple projects to our regular clients, which perfectly fits our workflow. At the end of the billing period, we export an invoice to know exactly how many hours to bill our clients. This gives our company a solution to professionally track hours in a minimalist and frictionless way. Everhour fit our company's self management setup while providing an effective way to coordinate our tasks and summarize time.

Cons:

Some project management features could be expanded, with stronger rules when assigning tasks to other team members. We would like to see more granular permission controls that would allow our accounting team to publish invoices without them having permission to modify our time or projects.

Thanks for the review!

Noelle
Director of Content in US

I like Everhour

Comments: It's OK, as far as time trackers go. I have not recommended it to anyone yet, but if anyone asked me, I'd say it's pretty good. I prefer the other time tracker that I have used for 10+ years, but my organization prefers Everhour, mainly because of the way it integrates with Asana. And I do have to say, Everhour's integration with Asana is superior to the other time tracker that I used.

Pros:

I like the Chrome plugin and the way it integrates seamlessly with Asana.

Cons:

I would like to be able to use this at a more micro level. We have it set up to be task-oriented, but I'd like it to be not only task oriented by micro task. For example, if I'm writing an article, the task is for the article, but I do writing, editing, and publishing. I like to track those individual sub tasks under the umbrella of the parent task. I also don't like the dashboard user experience. I've used another time tracker for years, and it has a much better dashboard UX; Everhour is not as intuitive as I'd like. That said, it is a nice time tracker, especially given all of its integrations.

2 years ago

Hi Noelle, This is possible to track time on Asana subtasks, so I believe your desire of micro management can be achieved.

Ashley
President in US

Amazing Time & Utilization Tracking

Comments: Super please. Exactly what I was looking for and glad we made the switch

Pros:

I was looking for a solution that would allow me to capture time for each of my clients projects. The integration with Asana is perfect and provides us the info and access we need to be successful.

Cons:

None at this time, so far very happy with everything Everhour offers

5 days ago

Hi Ashley, Thanks you for leaving this review.

amy a
Operations in US
Construction, 2–10 Employees

Great Time Software

Pros:

We ultimately chose Everhour because of the ability to integrate multiple applications and software such as Notion. It's easy to use and very customizable. We used it with several remote contractors, and it's been nice to utilize to determine hours spent on specific projects and easily track their times for compensation.

Cons:

Nothing-it has worked great for what we've needed it for and continue using it.

3 months ago

Thanks for your review, Amy!

Kory
Kory
Sales Manager in US
Marketing & Advertising, 11–50 Employees

Track Every Minute for Every Task With Everhour

Comments: Everhour allows our team to save time on time tracking!

Pros:

Everhour is the best time tracking tool for use with Basecamp. In the past, we have used Toggl and Tick and while they did integrate with Basecamp, it wasn't as seamless as it is with Everhour.

Cons:

The one thing that could be improved with Everhour is the reporting functionality. It does allow you to pull reports by user, project, teams, etc. but the user interface and options for pulling reports need some improvement.

4 years ago

Hi Kory, please reach out to our support and they may help you with reports!

Natálie
HR Manager in Germany
Accounting, 11–50 Employees

DYPE review

Pros:

I like the integration with asana, because it makes it easy to track each task - better price making; better overview

Cons:

I dont like the roles. Due to approvals of timesheet we at the moment have more than 10 admins..Even though I choose option: Admin*, I think it would be easier and more user friendly to add a possibility "timesheet approvals" for "SUPERVISORS". At that moment it would be easier for me to set up (now i need to check what the admin* can or cannot see in Everhour and sometimes I need to make bigget concessions that I would like to.

3 months ago

Thanks for the review. Unfortunately, we can't change the user permissions easily.

Manon
Associate software engineer in Australia
Computer Software, 10,000+ Employees

Efficient Time Tracking with Everhour

5.0 2 weeks ago New

Pros:

I liked how I could quickly log hours directly from my project management tool, ensuring accurate time reports for all my tasks.

Cons:

While it tracked time well, generating detailed, customized reports was a bit challenging.

5 days ago

Hi, thanks for leaving a review.

Catherine
Owner in US
Marketing & Advertising, 2–10 Employees

Easy to use and competitively priced.

5.0 last month New

Pros:

I like that it is so easy to use to track hours per project.

Cons:

Price is a little high but worth it because it is so useful.

5 days ago

Hi, thanks for the review!

Titouan
Titouan
CEO in France
Internet, 2–10 Employees

Everhour is great !

5.0 last month New

Pros:

Easy to setup and to use, the tea adopted it really quickly

Cons:

Easy to use, good features, linear integration is smooth, good tech work

5 days ago

Hi, thanks a lot for your review, Titouan!

Guillermo
Supply Chain Consultant in Dominican Republic
Logistics & Supply Chain, 2–10 Employees

Exactly what I was looking for to track time with my project management software!

Pros:

Everhour integrates perfectly with Asana and enhances its capabilities by allowing me to track time spent on each task. Their reports are very intuitive and allow me to very easily pull time reports for billing or just to analyze and understand where we are focusing our efforts.

Cons:

I don't have any complaints about this software, other than one of my colleagues uses Safari and was disappointed when he found out that he could only use Everhour with Chrome.

5 years ago

Hi Guillermo, thanks for the feedback! We definitely will bring back the support of Safari in the future.

Julie
Julie
VP Operations in US
Marketing & Advertising, 2–10 Employees

Decent time tracking software with great reporting

Comments: Everhour is a good time tracker with advanced reporting features, however it requires more organization than our team was consistently able to accomplish. It would be best for those with more defined roles, who perform the same few tasks on a regular basis.

Pros:

We love how Everhour can show how long each team member, and the team as a whole, have spent on any given task and project. This really helps us control costs and get an accurate idea how we are all spending our time. We use it in integration with Basecamp.

Cons:

The integration with Basecamp is a little clunky - you can only track time on items that are already entered somewhere as a “task” in Basecamp, so we ended up with long, individual “ongoing for time tracking” lists to make sure we could track all our time. One team member really had difficulty figuring out how to track time and it became an issue. The value of the reporting only works if every team member is very organized & disciplined about categorizing tracked time correctly, so we often weren’t able to get the data we hoped for. We would have liked an easier way to report some of our tasks, because on a small team where everyone “wears a lot of hats,” coordinating between Everhour and Basecamp to make sure everything was tracked in the right project could get tedious and overwhelming.

5 years ago

Hi Julie, thanks so much for the feedback! But is that true not true that a better organization brough more clarity in what was achieved and how to accomplish better results?

Markus
CEO in Germany
Computer Software, 2–10 Employees

Does one the thing I want it to do extremly well

Comments: We've been using Everhour for several years now. After trying countless other time-tracking tools, Everhour finally was the one that worked for our team. I believe its greatest strength is that the developer has (mostly) resisted the temptation to overload it with features that lie outside of its core proposition - It is mainly a time-tracking and -reporting tool, and it does this one job extremely well. The main UI element is a single input box that smartly auto-completes project names, tags, and even whole issue-titles (if you are lucky enough to use on of the project management tools it integrates with - in our case that that is GitHub). It understands a variety of date and time formats, so it usually allows a user to write a time-tracking entry in plain English. The reporting facility allows users to define a date-range and drill-down and aggregate by pretty much anything they could possibly need, and it allows the exporting to Excel, CSV and google docs. Pretty complete I'd say. So why only 4 stars? The lack of an API keeps me from giving it a five-star rating. Why the developer does not provide one for their otherwise near-perfect product is beyond me.

Pros:

Simple and intuitive Very polished Great reporting facility Useful integrations

Cons:

No API

6 years ago

Hi Markus, Thanks for your review! We appreciate your choice. Public API is available by this link: https://everhour.docs.apiary.io/#introduction/getting-started Let us know if you could not see calls that you need here by contacting our support!

Rafel
Chief Product Owner in Spain
Information Technology & Services, 11–50 Employees

Great time tracking software with very interesting extra functionalities

Comments: We are very satisfied with Everhour. Before using it we had another Asana integration. I think that Everhour is better than that integration and for less amount of money!

Pros:

We use Everhour with Asana integration. It is very usefull to keep track of time spent in each task and it allows to do very interesting time and costs reports for each project, type of task, team member, etc. The reporting functionality is very powerfull because it is fully customizable with lots of options. Home page is also very interesting as you can see in what is working each team member in every moment. If you are a manager you also have a very interesting view of all the team in which you can see very quickly if everybody is tracking time correctly.

Cons:

We use Everhour with Asana integration. When you remove a task from Asana, maybe you are setting up a project and defining tasks and then you realize that 2 task could be combined in only one task, the removed task still appears in everhour timeline functionality (as completed) and you cannot remove it anyway form that view.

Thanks, keep going!

Alfonso
PMO in Switzerland
Pharmaceuticals, 10,000+ Employees

Robust & Reliable

Pros:

Easy to use and deploy. Reporting and dashboards make the tool an ally in making resource decissions. Definitively gets you the value for the money.

Cons:

No cons recorded, most of the constraints on the project were mostly associated to Trello setup.

last year

Thanks for choosing us over Tempo!

Matthew
CEO in US
Real Estate, 11–50 Employees

Everhour Rocks!

Comments: As the owner and CEO of a mid-sized service business, we migrated to the use of Asana plus Everhour about 2 years ago. Since then, our revenues from *existing clients* have gone up 30%, just because we can track and invoice for our time more consistently and accurately. We literally couldn't function without this gem of software. Everhour's development has gone through several iterations and now it's a breeze to set up, use , report and invoice from. Once your staff is trained on how to enter time, it becomes 2nd nature and the visibility it provides into your utilization and billable hours is amazing! Please feel free to ask me any questions if you are considering using it. Matthew Oates
HMP Management
[email protected]

Pros:

Easy to set up Easy to use inside of Asana Easy to report out of Fantastic visibility into key business metrics Easy to invoice out Very responsive customer support

Cons:

There are still some small things we'd like to see changed in regards to how you can report and invoice based on sub-tasks and tasks assigned to multiple projects

7 years ago

Thank you for your choice, Matthew. Your growth - is our main inspiration.

CEO in US
Marketing & Advertising, 2–10 Employees

Love it with the ClickUp integration!

Comments: We solved not knowing how much time we were spending on each project, and which clients were profitable or unprofitable. I've used it to determine our cost to provide services and further optimize pricing for our digital agency's services.

Pros:

I love that I can dial down to exactly how much time we spend on each project, client and task. It allows me to create money or time budgets for each client per month, which is how I set it up. We need to keep our staff time to a monthly limit to ensure we're not losing money. I've been able to create time benchmarks using Everhour, which is a beautiful thing.

Cons:

Nothing to dislike. It integrates seamlessly with Asana and now Clickup.

5 years ago

Hey David, thank you so much for your detailed feedback! It inspires us to do our best for you! =)

Humphrey
Research Specialist in US
Education Management, 201–500 Employees

Dependable Platform for Project Planning and Execution

Pros:

With Everhour's flexible task and project options, we can customise the tool to meet our unique requirements.

Cons:

Everhour's mobile app could be improved significantly for efficient time tracking.

3 months ago

Great, this is fantastic to hear that we help to meet your unique requirements!

Lazar
Lazar
Junior Salesforce Developer in Serbia
Information Technology & Services, 2–10 Employees

Great tool for daily use

Pros:

Everhour's time tracking and reporting features are incredibly impactful, providing comprehensive insights into project hours, budgets, and team productivity. Everhour is extremely user-friendly with its intuitive interface and straightforward navigation, making it easy for both individuals and teams to adopt and utilize effectively. Integrating Everhour into our existing business processes was a seamless experience, allowing us to seamlessly sync with project management tools and effortlessly incorporate time tracking into our workflow.

Cons:

Limited customization options for reports and dashboards.Mobile app lacks some advanced features available on the web platform.The initial learning curve for configuring advanced settings may be slightly steep for new users.

last year

Thanks! Definitely, we need more work on our mobile app.

Otieno
Research assistant in US
Education Management, 201–500 Employees

Invoive creation and sheduling solution

Pros:

The tool has a user friendly interface making it east to schedule and create invoice

Cons:

The tool has been effective and i have not yet realized any issues so far

3 months ago

Thanks for your wonderful review!

Volodymyr
Volodymyr
Marketing Content Manager in Ukraine

Good Time Tracking Program

Comments: Everhour is one of the best time tracking software applications out there. It is easy to use, never lets you down and gives you a clear picture of the passage of time.

Pros:

The biggest asset of Everhour is its simplicity. You don't need to spend much time figuring out hows, whats and whys of its operation. You just plug it in and do your thing. The reporting is detailed and exports without anything going wrong. Everhour is also very helpful in strategic planning as a measuring tool. It was very useful to track how much time it takes for me to complete certain tasks under certain circumstances (urgent, regular, low-priority, etc) and then plan my days accordingly.

Cons:

As far as my use of the program goes - i can't really pinpoint anything critical with it. If you are using it with Trello - there might be some mess related to revisions but that is more of a managing issue than technical. Otherwise i can't recall any other issues.

6 years ago

This is wonderful to hear how you get such a tremendous value from the product, Volodymyr!

Operations Director in US
Computer Software, 2–10 Employees

Everhour Summary

Comments: Overall it's a great tool and really met our specific need with its integration into Pivotal. We also find the timesheet generation also very useful for team oversight. At this time we are looking into automation of sending timesheets out to our individual team members via email or some other medium.

Pros:

We selected Everhour based on its integration with Pivotal Tracker. We utilize pivotal heavily and wanted to add options for tracking timesheet level data by pivotal story. The integration with this tool has worked very well. Our developers leverage the timer function daily.

Cons:

Would like some more flexibility and/or options for reporting. While the reporting that is there is useful, you can often get 85% to what you really need in a regular report output and still feel like you are missing a few extra items.

5 years ago

Hi Michael, thank you very much for your rate! We are going to add an option soon that allows sending reports by email.

Olena
CEO in Canada
Computer Software, 11–50 Employees

Great tool for tracking personal and team performance

Pros:

I quite like the integration with Asana, it makes time tracking accurate, always in context.

Cons:

I find the reporting tools UI a bit difficult to use.

5 years ago

Hi Olena, thanks for the highest likelihood to recommend and please write to us with any questions about reports!

Antonis
Project Manager in Greece

Everhour Review

Pros:

The intergration with Asana and the easyness of time tracking task time

Cons:

It's kind different in comparison of Harvest and for categories that are not on Asana

2 years ago

Thank you for your review, Antonis.

Raj
Web Developer in India

I am a user

Comments: Its great and because of the add on I can generate report for my work and because of history i can trace my code also

Pros:

To generate reports of tasks from start to end and save my records and file to share with the team

Cons:

I think so, whatever I want my work all in the ever hour and I am using this addon in asana.

Thanks!