TenantCloud Reviews

• Overall
    3.9 /5
    3.7 /5

About TenantCloud

TenantCloud is a free cloud service with personal portals for Landlords, Tenants, and ServicePros.

Learn more about TenantCloud

Real Estate Investor
  • Reviewed on 26/07/2018

"Perfect for Small Landlords!"

Comments: It saved me a ton of time.

Pros: I could not have made it through my first year of managing my 4 properties without this. This is the 3rd year of using this soft and I'm loving it. They are continually improving the app. I am very pleased with the use of this program and my tenants love the convenience of paying their rent online. And maintenance requests are like a game. So easy, that even my elder tenants use it.

Cons: Well, they don't have a phone support, but once you figure out how to use support tickets you get used to it.

by TenantCloud on 02/10/2018

Thank you for a great feedback! We really appreciate your kind words.

• Reviewed on 26/07/2018
Morgan R.
Real Estate Investor
  • Reviewed on 02/02/2021

"Tenant Cloud for a Small Real Estate Company"

Pros: I purchased Tenant Cloud for the automatic payment system for paying monthly rent. It has been easy to set up and navigate. The help documents online are very thorough so there hasn't been a need to call customer service.

Cons: I didn't think the accounting system had all the options to track expenses on capital expenditure or repairs. Sometimes I go to the store and purchase things that I do not want to charge to a tenant or contractor and this option wasn't available.

Jeffery M.
Property Manager
  • Reviewed on 09/07/2020

"SC Residential Property Manager"

Comments: Price for what you get is exceptional. Much of the same functionality that the big software services offer but for less $. I am happy I switched.

Pros: Software is easy to use and easy to onboard. Mostly intuitive and the price cannot be beat!

Cons: Some of the navigation within the site can be a little tricky and getting the tenants setup with online pay takes some hand holding but not much.

by TenantCloud on 21/07/2020

Thanks for your feedback. We are happy you have switched to TenantCloud.

• Reviewed on 09/07/2020
Annette M.
  • Reviewed on 21/01/2021

"Has everything I need and more"

Comments: I absolutely love Tenant Cloud. Already, in the three months that we have been using it, we have saved over $540 by not using the program that we were using last year! Tenant Cloud does everything that our other program did (minus the report that shows balances owed), and it does a lot more too such as tracking what improvements each unit has received like new paint, carpet, appliances, etc. I just am in love with this money-saving program!

Pros: I absolutely love the value of Tenant Cloud! It has close to the same features as other programs that we have used for hundreds of dollars less a MONTH! No other tenant management program can beat the price tiers of Tenant Cloud. It is super user friendly! I love the free listing syndication to the other rental sites (we have filled all of our empty units faster than if we were trying to do it alone). Whenever I have a question, I just pop it into the chat, and it is answered within seconds by customer support - so that's an excellent feature. I also like having the photo option on each tenant, so I can remember who is who when they walk into my office to pay rent and expect me to remember them - I don't know of another program that has this. I also love that you are able to track improvements done to each building and unit (such as paint, new carpet, appliances, etc. ) so you know when things will need to be replaced. Tenants can also pay their rent/bills online or put in work requests!

Cons: I wish there was a report that would show just the tenants who owe money; however, I do like the fact that you can pull up any report in either PDF or Excel because if you pull it up in Excel, you are able to edit the report and remove the tenants with a $0 balance (it just takes more time).

• Reviewed on 21/01/2021
Ben S.
Financial Services, 2-10 Employees
  • Source: GetApp
  • Reviewed on 07/03/2018

"Great user interface but that's about it"

Pros: I really liked the user interface because it was intuitive and looked great. The price also seemed attractive give what the software promised to do.

Cons: The pros stopped at the UI. The payments set up is very clunking requiring tenants to go through 10 steps. There is no recurring / auto payments feature.
I had paid for a year subscription and asked for a refund after 2 weeks and was told there was no refund, so beware they will steal your money!

by TenantCloud on 09/10/2018

Thank you for letting us know about your experience using TenantCloud. We’re sorry our product did not meet your expectations, and appreciate you taking the time to share your concerns. We are constantly improving our services, and do our very best to ensure it is as easy as possible for all our users.

• Source: GetApp
  • Reviewed on 07/03/2018
Kelli C.
  • Reviewed on 25/11/2019

"Tenant Cloud is the perfect solution for us!"

Comments: Great experience, I would recommend they take requests and complaints more serious. As well, when making changes with updates, ensure that they are updates that consumers need or won't affect their current uses.

Pros: The ease of use, and ability to personalize most of the information input into the software.

Cons: The updates that are made regularly often affect items we were using and then they are no longer useful to us.

by TenantCloud on 25/03/2020

Thanks for your great review, we really appreciate that.

• Reviewed on 25/11/2019
Deana M.
Licensed Broker - Owner
  • Reviewed on 14/05/2020

"Our Go-To for tenant Management Systems"

Comments: Overall, I am very happy. I have tried other much more costly programs and quickly returned back to tenancloud. It's ease of use, and customer service have been great. The program has improved dramatically over the years and they continue to listen to customer input to improve their programs!

Pros: As a property manager it is detrimental that you have systems in play in order to scale and grow your business. We like many, started out just my husband and I with a few rentals and have over the past few years scaled. It is impossible to keep everyone and all properties straight. Tenantcloud does it for us. All communication are recored, rent is tracked, deposits are tracked, leases are systematically emailed and e-signed. It's a no-brainer

Cons: There is little I don't like about the software. I will say that the most recent email sent out to tenants without first speaking to those of us who actually pay for your services did nothing but ignite an unnecessary fire and create added tension in an already very difficult time. Please remember to put the clients who are PAYING you first.

by TenantCloud on 18/05/2020

We appreciate your feedback very much. Thanks for staying with TenantCloud.

• Reviewed on 14/05/2020
Paul W.
  • Reviewed on 10/07/2020

"Solid features, interface is lacking"

Pros: To get both accounting and tenant management for this price is pretty good.

Cons: Unlike QuickBooks and most other accounting software it does not automatically import your transactions. This means every payee must be entered manually before any transactions can be categorized for them. The software makes no attempt to recognize vendors and assume the proper category. Also the accounting filters reset to default every time you make a change, so making many changes of the same type is brutal.

by TenantCloud on 21/07/2020

Thanks for finding time and leaving your feedback here. We appreciate it.

Anthony M.
Communications Technician
Civil Engineering, 5,001-10,000 Employees

"Small landlord"

Comments: So far, my experience with TC has been great. I enjoy using the platform and have recommended it to several other investors.

Pros: I really like being able to track maintenance requests, collect rent, store documentation, and interact with tenants all in one single platform. I love my spreadsheets, but this has helped me eliminate a few. I'm also hoping this helps with next tax season to generate a simple file to upload and reduce some of the annoyance of all the included documentation of owning properties.

Cons: The only cons I struggle with are more than likely because I don't use it on a daily basis. Using it 1-2 times a month to follow up on rent payments and make sure I don't have any messages can make it a little slower navigating to where exactly I need to be. I also tried to setup recurring rent payments for tenants that haven't switched over to TC yet and I get a weird issue of duplicated rent bills. Could just be me not setting it up correctly, but not a big issue and takes 30 seconds to delete a transaction. The only other minor gripe is $90 for the year in order to use fee free rent collection for tenants. We have VenMo, PayPal, Zelle, etc with reduced to no fees. It's not a bad price (and still tax deductible) but that's my only real con.

by TenantCloud on 21/07/2020

Thanks for sharing your feedback. Please, create a support ticket via your TenantCloud account and our Support Team will be happy to assist with the issue regarding duplicated rent bills.
We really appreciate your positive feedback.

Damien R.
Property investor/manager
  • Reviewed on 02/02/2021

"Check our TenantCloud for sure!"

Comments: I have been extremely satisfied with my transition from another Property Management software to TenantCloud, I would and do highly recommend them.

Pros: It is a very nice user interface, quite easy to navigate. The pricing is very reasonable to start up. I have had online chats already and the assistance I received was excellent.

Cons: None, it has been great thus far. The learning curve has been fairly easy

Shimon P.
  • Reviewed on 29/09/2015

"Lacks major features, very new product, but quickly developing"

Comments: This is truly raw product and, in my opinion, not ready for prime time. I discover more and more features I miss which normal user would expect to be there, such as inability to delete user after he added or inability to add another tenant to the lease once you moved person in, inability to mark payments as received if you add tenant in the middle of the lease. And so on and so on. The customer support is very responsive, though. At least somebody listens! It has great potential, but for now it's not very practical product in my opinion. I am not sure how all other reviewers are using it (I do not assume those are fake reviews), but even simple functionality is challenging at this time. I would not recommend this product at the time of writing, but would revisit it a year later if it's still alive.

by TenantCloud on 01/10/2015

Shimon, thanks for your feedback, we really appreciate you taking time to review TenantCloud. Actually, we¿re currently working on a bunch of new features including those you named, and some of them are available now, like the ability to add another tenant to the lease. We¿re also working on how-to videos, so it¿ll be much easier for our users to discover how the system works. All these updates are coming very soon, so hope you¿ll find them helpful and will truly enjoy using TenantCloud.
Sincerely,
The TenantCloud Team

• Reviewed on 29/09/2015
Salah E.
Finance Assistant
  • Reviewed on 04/05/2017

"Best cloud website"

Comments: it helps me track all related issues with my real estates

Pros: I have been using TenantCloud more than a year now and during this time they have changed a lot, they have updated the site to be one of the best and easy online websites to use for your real estate work. it makes you followup all payment contracts.
for me its one of the best cloud application that i used during the past years and i think they would be better during the time as they keep updating the website.

Cons: i dont think i have much to say as they are doing a great job, maybe they can update the design for the receipt payment.

• Reviewed on 04/05/2017
Sunny P.
  • Reviewed on 06/11/2019

"Good web based software for mid sized landlord"

Pros: Has good features for management companies.. where they manage owner, tenant and management company. Good pricing for the features it offers. One of the lowest I have seen. Keep those up..

Cons: Support response time needs to be improved. Other than that all good.

• Reviewed on 06/11/2019
Yaakov B.
Commercial Real Estate, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 14/11/2017

"Know who you are"

Comments: Okay for the part time manager but nothing more

Pros: It is simple to use for the features that it does have and everything is clearly labeled for what it does

Cons: If you are a real management company and plan on using this as your way of interacting and keeping files on tenants then this software product is not the way to go. It does not offer enough reports and it can only handle dealing with leases and tenants in a very simple fashion. Once you start to have to rely on the program for remembering thing such as how much people paid and when they paid with what it becomes very inadequate.

• Reviewed on 14/11/2017
Jerry H.
Property Manager
Real Estate
    4.5 /5
  • Reviewed on 22/10/2015

"8 from 10, I'm happy with it overall"

Pros: After 3 years in property management with several previous software vendors I have found Tenantcloud and I could not be happier. It handles everything I need, that’s what I call end to end solution. They have recently released the design and I love it. When I signed up I was a bit confused with their pricing model ( they claimed to be free for 75 rental units) but it is actually free for 75 units with unlimited tenants and personal listing website. Can’t say this is the best solution on the market since I haven’t tried all of them, however, it is just perfect for diy landlords like me.

Cons: Some features are currently under construction but the support team promises to launch them soon.

• Reviewed on 22/10/2015
Key Account Manager
Chemicals, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 05/10/2018

"Amazing for its price"

Comments: I use this software for the 3 units I own. It’s perfect for my small portfolio! A great way to limit my costs but still have everything documented and recorded for my records. Couldn’t be happier with my experience.

Pros: Cheap
Does all the basics you need
Perfect for a landlord of a small portfolio!
Easy to use
Beautiful user interface
Great app!
Record management
Reports
Online pay

Cons: Not as powerful or have automated capabilities as other PM software, but totally okay because it’s free or nearly free.

by TenantCloud on 09/10/2018

Wow! We were blown away by your review. It made our day. Thank you for using TenantCloud.

• Reviewed on 05/10/2018
Jon L.
Law Practice, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 22/12/2016

"Free? Awesome!"

Comments: I am so glad I found TenantCloud.com! It is perfect for the owner/investor. Great job! Support their vendors to ensure this business model works. Thank you!

Pros: Ease of use, great looking, does the jo for the small investor.

Cons: Haven't found any yet!

by TenantCloud on 03/10/2018

Jon, wow! We were blown away by your review. It made our day. Thank you for using TenantCloud.

• Reviewed on 22/12/2016
Teresa S.
Property Manager In Charge
  • Reviewed on 21/09/2018

"Great easy software, for a reasonable price"

Comments: After a few hours of looking around, I was able to get the hang of it, and am in compliance now with managing my properties

Pros: In the state of SC, we have many requirements as to how we maintain our records. This software is inexpensive (especially in the beginning), and has everything I need. Cloud based is also a huge plus!

Cons: I haven't come across any real "cons" yet, but I will say that if you don't reach out to support (I didn't), there will be a bit of a learning curve if you have not worked with property management software before.

• Reviewed on 21/09/2018
Justin B.
  • Reviewed on 07/12/2018

"Ideal tenant Management software"

Pros: Easy to use, intuitive system management,

Cons: learning curve but that's not their fault, im a slow learner. can use tutorials.

by TenantCloud on 27/12/2018

Thank you for the great feedback! We do our best to make your user experience as easy as possible.

• Reviewed on 07/12/2018
Jasvin G.
Apprentice
  • Reviewed on 28/07/2018

"COmprehensive set of features, Both Tenants and landlords friendly software"

Pros: Free software with end-to end solution and If paid for the premium version then Hassels and complications are eradicated from the software by offering more tools.

Cons: As per my advice, I cannot think of other free softwares to recommend which can take place Tenantcloud, but they can still work on add-ins.

• Reviewed on 28/07/2018
Bernice G.
Commercial Real Estate, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 12/01/2017

"freezes up, waste of time"

Comments: First off you cannot get anyone on the phone to talk to you, second, you put information in and it starts freezing if you do get to put the information in along with tenants information it still shows that the property is vacant, would not recommend this software.

• Reviewed on 12/01/2017
Jaime D.
  • Reviewed on 09/06/2020

"Horrible, Late Customer Service"

Comments: Poor.

Pros: You are pretty much on your own with this software. Just pay for Yardi—saving money on tech is too time consuming. I wasted three months trying to make Tenant Cloud work for me.

Cons: No help. I tried to contact customer service to no avail.

by TenantCloud on 03/07/2020

Thank you for your feedback. We would like to let you know that our support efforts include contact phone number, online chat, ticket support management, help center with numerous articles and youtube channel with all essential video tutorials. Still, we are sorry our product did not meet your expectations. We are constantly improving our service and do our very best to ensure our users have no difficulties using our software.

• Reviewed on 09/06/2020
Andrew S.
Proprietor & Software Engineer
  • Reviewed on 15/06/2020

"Absolutely horrendous user experience"

Comments: I wanted to like it. Their customer service is friendly, but ultimately unhelpful because the software is poorly designed. They need to hire a UX design firm to overhaul the whole thing. I wanted to like it, I've given it a fair chance. I'm now looking hard to find a better product that I don't get angry about every time I try to get something done.

Pros: The user interface is aesthetically pleasing.

Cons: Nothing that you expect to happens, happens. Lease renewals are a nightmare. Can't trust the system to just work.

by TenantCloud on 03/07/2020

Thanks for sharing your experience. First of all, we want to say that we loved the expression about our interface: "aesthetically pleasing". But we are very sorry to hear you had such an experience overall. Our Support Team is always happy to assist and our Dev Team is doing their best to improve our system functionality. Thank you.

• Reviewed on 15/06/2020