TenantCloud Reviews

by TenantCloud

Filter by:

• Overall

About TenantCloud

TenantCloud is a free cloud service with personal portals for Landlords, Tenants, and ServicePros.

Learn more about TenantCloud

Greeley R.
  • Reviewed on 07/04/2021

"Amazing Software!"

Comments: After spending days and days reviewing different software platforms, I must say Tenant Cloud checks all the boxes for my company! Keeps me organized and having one platform to access my information is EVERYTHING!

Pros: Robust with lots of features. Amazing..

Cons: So far I enjoy all the features. No cons

• Reviewed on 07/04/2021
Annette M.
  • Reviewed on 21/01/2021

"Has everything I need and more"

Comments: I absolutely love Tenant Cloud. Already, in the three months that we have been using it, we have saved over $540 by not using the program that we were using last year! Tenant Cloud does everything that our other program did (minus the report that shows balances owed), and it does a lot more too such as tracking what improvements each unit has received like new paint, carpet, appliances, etc. I just am in love with this money-saving program!

Pros: I absolutely love the value of Tenant Cloud! It has close to the same features as other programs that we have used for hundreds of dollars less a MONTH! No other tenant management program can beat the price tiers of Tenant Cloud. It is super user friendly! I love the free listing syndication to the other rental sites (we have filled all of our empty units faster than if we were trying to do it alone). Whenever I have a question, I just pop it into the chat, and it is answered within seconds by customer support - so that's an excellent feature. I also like having the photo option on each tenant, so I can remember who is who when they walk into my office to pay rent and expect me to remember them - I don't know of another program that has this. I also love that you are able to track improvements done to each building and unit (such as paint, new carpet, appliances, etc. ) so you know when things will need to be replaced. Tenants can also pay their rent/bills online or put in work requests!

Cons: I wish there was a report that would show just the tenants who owe money; however, I do like the fact that you can pull up any report in either PDF or Excel because if you pull it up in Excel, you are able to edit the report and remove the tenants with a $0 balance (it just takes more time).

• Reviewed on 21/01/2021
Anthony M.
Communications Technician
Civil Engineering, 5,001-10,000 Employees

"Small landlord"

Comments: So far, my experience with TC has been great. I enjoy using the platform and have recommended it to several other investors.

Pros: I really like being able to track maintenance requests, collect rent, store documentation, and interact with tenants all in one single platform. I love my spreadsheets, but this has helped me eliminate a few. I'm also hoping this helps with next tax season to generate a simple file to upload and reduce some of the annoyance of all the included documentation of owning properties.

Cons: The only cons I struggle with are more than likely because I don't use it on a daily basis. Using it 1-2 times a month to follow up on rent payments and make sure I don't have any messages can make it a little slower navigating to where exactly I need to be. I also tried to setup recurring rent payments for tenants that haven't switched over to TC yet and I get a weird issue of duplicated rent bills. Could just be me not setting it up correctly, but not a big issue and takes 30 seconds to delete a transaction. The only other minor gripe is $90 for the year in order to use fee free rent collection for tenants. We have VenMo, PayPal, Zelle, etc with reduced to no fees. It's not a bad price (and still tax deductible) but that's my only real con.

by TenantCloud on 21/07/2020

Thanks for sharing your feedback. Please, create a support ticket via your TenantCloud account and our Support Team will be happy to assist with the issue regarding duplicated rent bills.
We really appreciate your positive feedback.

Damien R.
Property investor/manager
  • Reviewed on 02/02/2021

"Check our TenantCloud for sure!"

Comments: I have been extremely satisfied with my transition from another Property Management software to TenantCloud, I would and do highly recommend them.

Pros: It is a very nice user interface, quite easy to navigate. The pricing is very reasonable to start up. I have had online chats already and the assistance I received was excellent.

Cons: None, it has been great thus far. The learning curve has been fairly easy

Jeffery M.
Property Manager
  • Reviewed on 09/07/2020

"SC Residential Property Manager"

Comments: Price for what you get is exceptional. Much of the same functionality that the big software services offer but for less $. I am happy I switched.

Pros: Software is easy to use and easy to onboard. Mostly intuitive and the price cannot be beat!

Cons: Some of the navigation within the site can be a little tricky and getting the tenants setup with online pay takes some hand holding but not much.

by TenantCloud on 21/07/2020

Thanks for your feedback. We are happy you have switched to TenantCloud.

Roark M.
Building owner.
  • Reviewed on 13/09/2021

"The good, the bad, and you’re ugly advertising in the software!"

Comments: Very little. I don’t want to be involved. I want to go out and buy buildings and fix them up and rent them out. If I have to deal with the software, I just don’t need it.

Pros: My property manager seems to have created an acceptable level of efficiency. We can manage most everything.

Cons: Stop with the advertising! Stop with asking me to upgrade! I use all my own contracts and all my own paperwork. You should make it easier for us to do that. You should be integrated with a document signing software so we don’t have to go outside of your software or piggyback onto your software. My property manager would add more here.

• Reviewed on 13/09/2021
Morgan R.
Real Estate Investor
  • Reviewed on 02/02/2021

"Tenant Cloud for a Small Real Estate Company"

Pros: I purchased Tenant Cloud for the automatic payment system for paying monthly rent. It has been easy to set up and navigate. The help documents online are very thorough so there hasn't been a need to call customer service.

Cons: I didn't think the accounting system had all the options to track expenses on capital expenditure or repairs. Sometimes I go to the store and purchase things that I do not want to charge to a tenant or contractor and this option wasn't available.

Chris E.
Managing Member
  • Reviewed on 21/08/2017

"Intuitive User Interface and Great Functionality"

Comments: Organization

Pros: You cannot beat the functionality for the price. No ridiculous learning curve like Rent Manager or other high priced software. Perfect for those managing <200 units.

Cons: Would like to see more customized reporting. Customer support could be quicker but still responds within 48 hours.

by TenantCloud on 02/10/2018

Thank you for the great feedback! We do our best to make your user experience as easy as possible.

• Reviewed on 21/08/2017
Molida K.
Front Desk
  • Reviewed on 18/04/2017

"Best Free Property Management Software Online"

Pros: I like how this software is free -up to 75 units at least- and that it's web-based so I am able to access it anywhere. I also like how easy it is to use and navigate. It provides landlords with up to 75 units for free, Easy-to-use Accounting, Marketing Website, Unlimited Tenants, Online Communication, Cloud Storage, Customizable Income/Expense Reports, Maintenance Staff Management, Online Rental Applications, Free Rental Payments, Online Maintenance Requests, and Automated ACH Payments from Tenants.

Cons: It does not provide a simple income and expense report, instead, it has a rent roll report that provides information for each unit individually, which is way too long of a report to print out.

• Reviewed on 18/04/2017
Anthony A.
  • Reviewed on 09/07/2020

"Developing product and great for a small property management company"

Comments: It’s been good, and the price is great but there are a few kinks it needs to work out. I will continue to use it and I feel some of the issues may be just user familiarity.

Pros: The price is inexpensive and the response via chat is great and fast.

Cons: The over the phone help has not been the best. Occasionally I feel like they are almost annoyed that I am calling. Also, the app needs some fine tuning.

by TenantCloud on 21/07/2020

We appreciate your feedback. We're sorry to hear you find our phone support to be annoyed as you mentioned above, but we would like to assure you that our support team is always happy to assist. Best regards.

Satish K.
Software Engineer
Computer Software, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 01/04/2021

"Leasing and working with service professional was bit difficult"

Comments: It was good but due to my specific need lacking decided to move somewhere else.

Pros: Lot of features
Customizable
Inexpensive

Cons: Was not able to meet specific leasing features.e.g. PDF template e-signature, missing state specific agreements.
Not able to work easily with existing Service professionals or lacking co-ordination support for future autopilot need.

David H.
Landlord
Real Estate, 10,000+ Employees
  • Reviewed on 08/05/2020

"Clunky software with unhelpful support"

Comments: I've used this platform for 2.5 years, but would not recommend it for others. The platform is clunky and not very intuitive. Tracking expenses and crediting tenants is difficult and changes with each update. Whenever you contact support they don't answer your question but just link you to an article on the general topic. Additionally I attempted to cancel my premium account prior to the beginning of the next month. They billed me early (as they normally do) but would refuse a refund even though I cancelled the service prior to the beginning of the month and my account was showing as a basic free account. Emails to customer service went unanswered. Filed a dispute with my credit card which was ruled in my favor. Due to their clunky platform and shady business practices I would recommend other tenant management software.

Pros: Automated bank draft support combined with auto property listing on all the major real estate sites.

Cons: The software is not intuitive and very clunky. Simple task such as crediting tenants is difficult and changes with each update. Also customer support is horrific.

by TenantCloud on 13/05/2020

David, we are sorry to hear about your negative experience. We appreciate that you have been our customer and we are sad that you are leaving. Still, we want to say thank you that you have found time to leave a feedback and we are really hoping you will find a system that works best for you.

Sincerely,
TenantCloud Team

• Reviewed on 08/05/2020
Raj N.
  • Reviewed on 14/05/2020

"Property Management for smaller landlords"

Comments: Its a evolving software that is going in the right direction. They are working hard at it.
It has helped me move from Excel to this where its centrally managed

Pros: Online payment and account setup.
Marketing.

Cons: Navigation.
Inter-connectivity of modules.
Custom Lease upload for signature etc and/or integration to products like docusign.

• Reviewed on 14/05/2020
Real Estate Investor
  • Reviewed on 27/08/2018

"Thanks for the great product!"

Pros: I like everything about this product. Seriously, I'm very impressed with the amazing job TenantCloud did. I manage my rentals by myself and I don't need any help, it's really great.

Cons: I can't think of anything. This product is probably the best tool I have seen on the market.

by TenantCloud on 27/09/2018

Wow! We were blown away by your review. It made our day. Thank you for using TenantCloud.

• Reviewed on 27/08/2018
Dan M.
REALTOR
  • Reviewed on 10/07/2020

"Easy to Use and has potential!"

Comments: It is easier to use from my other platforms and has great value in the product.

Pros: I like the app and the notifications on the go! My applicants usually have trouble and complain about the software. That is not Tenant Clouds issue.

Cons: The app is clunky at times and crashes a lot because of updates. I hope this gets better soon.

by TenantCloud on 21/07/2020

Thanks for sharing your experience. Our team always work on new improvements and we appreciate you taking time to leave your positive feedback here.

Natalie S.
Asset Management Lead
  • Reviewed on 01/02/2021

"Good solution for business with a small portfolio"

Comments: Just started but so far it is easy to use and navigate.

Pros: Low barriers to entry with the free option, don't need a minimum number of units, don't have a base fee, compatibility with Quickbooks (this is the paid version).

Cons: Haven't used it long enough to dive into the details.

• Reviewed on 01/02/2021
Susan W.
writer
Publishing, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 18/03/2020

"Tenants beware"

Comments: 100% frustrating. TOld all my fellow tenants about my experience, and feel bad for my landlord for signing up with this turkey. I'm back to paying by check, so the poor guy now has to keep track of who pays by check and who pay by TC.

Pros: From a tenants point of view, this is why I bailed. To pay this way, you have to go through payapl (junk) or put your rent on a record card (ridiculous) or Dwolla -- which is a real scam because it's "free" in return for ALL your personal info, including your ISP for the can track and collect your internet use -- sites visited, buying patterns, -- all the information that going itno lists that one would sell to retailers, charity pitches (or scams) that will bury you in tides of spam. How many tenants fall for this "free" service?? The only positive about Dwolla (or Dwalla,) is that they're honest about collecting your data.

Cons: - Instructions on line to cancel my account were obviously written for another version of tenant cloud
- Unclear instructions though and difficult to navigate -- often had to bale and start from the beginning
- Limited choices (3) for the way to pay
- Dwolla sucking up your perosnal infor for their own benefit, not your.
- NO customer support
- Took me days to cancel my account, erroneous info, unresponsive to questions, had to call at specfic hours
- No info about who's on the hook for money lost in a hack. TC? Dwolla? Judging by the site's overall amateur aproach, don't want them anywhere near my bank account.

by TenantCloud on 25/03/2020

We are sorry to hear about your negative experience and we are really hoping you will find a system that will work best for you.

• Reviewed on 18/03/2020
Devyn G.

"TenantCloud Review"

Comments: It’s good. Does what it needs.

Pros: Ease of access, simplicity, bookkeeping, income views, fees, auto-invoicing

Cons: Notices. I wish notices were a bit more clear & customizable. Also, I have an issue when creating a charge for a single tenant in a roommate lease, where it charges all of the roommates even when I only select one. Otherwise it’s fine.

Jerry H.
Property Manager
Real Estate
  • Reviewed on 22/10/2015

"8 from 10, I'm happy with it overall"

Pros: After 3 years in property management with several previous software vendors I have found Tenantcloud and I could not be happier. It handles everything I need, that’s what I call end to end solution. They have recently released the design and I love it. When I signed up I was a bit confused with their pricing model ( they claimed to be free for 75 rental units) but it is actually free for 75 units with unlimited tenants and personal listing website. Can’t say this is the best solution on the market since I haven’t tried all of them, however, it is just perfect for diy landlords like me.

Cons: Some features are currently under construction but the support team promises to launch them soon.

• Reviewed on 22/10/2015
Jeff P.
  • Reviewed on 07/09/2021

"Affordable solution for the small investor"

Comments: Excellent.

Pros: The ability to upload leasing documents and accounting information to the cloud and the mobile app.

Cons: I would like the ability to track mileage for my personal vehicle.

• Reviewed on 07/09/2021
Richard F.
  • Reviewed on 30/03/2021

"Perfect for what I was looking for"

Comments: Has saved some time and made us a little more organized. The online help has been great and some reviews seem to question it. I have tried to call yet, but being able to post things you are able to go about your day and an answer will be waiting when you get back in front of your desk

Pros: Easy to get up and going, Cloud base so I can use it anywhere. Looking to received online payments so first of the month isn't near as bad, and organize the maintenance request so they don't get lost in the schedule of everything else. Being able to inventory appliances, keys in one place is a nice feature I didn't think I'd use

Cons: The mobile App is a little longer to move around in

• Reviewed on 30/03/2021
Leland T.
  • Reviewed on 06/08/2018

"great product , just no telephone support"

Comments: got all my properties and tenants info in one desktop.

Pros: ease of use. great value for the money. great features and benefits to the renters.

Cons: not being able to contact someone by phone to get a response in a timely fashion. no sense of urgency especially when money is involved from tenants.

by TenantCloud on 27/09/2018

Leland, we appreciate your feedback. Our goal is always to provide a consistently reliable product and an exemplary level of customer service. Currently there's no phone support, but we will be happy to help. Just submit a support ticket via your TenantCloud account and our team will contact you. Thanks!

• Reviewed on 06/08/2018
Mike F.
  • Reviewed on 04/05/2015

"Small Landlord and Love it"

Comments: Tenants get their own portal to pay rent it goes right to my bank account. The only time I go to the site is when I get an email maintenance request, which I hit a button and send it to a guy that I use to do maintenance. It keeps track of all my accounting and information on its own. This is unbelievable. Four months and loving it. Cons: I can't pay the maintenance guy or at least couldn't find where to set up payment to him. I wish I could set up my mortgage connected with the properties as well.

by TenantCloud on 03/10/2018

We really appreciate you taking the time to share your experience using TenantCloud. Thanks!

• Reviewed on 04/05/2015
Kaycie E.
Commercial Real Estate, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 14/08/2018

"This one is my favorite!"

Pros: I love to use Tenant Cloud to keep track of all of our tenants. I don't know what I would do without it!

Cons: I wish that Tenant Cloud was a little less expensive, but for what the product does I think it's worth it.

• Reviewed on 14/08/2018
Teresa S.
Property Manager In Charge
  • Reviewed on 21/09/2018

"Great easy software, for a reasonable price"

Comments: After a few hours of looking around, I was able to get the hang of it, and am in compliance now with managing my properties

Pros: In the state of SC, we have many requirements as to how we maintain our records. This software is inexpensive (especially in the beginning), and has everything I need. Cloud based is also a huge plus!

Cons: I haven't come across any real "cons" yet, but I will say that if you don't reach out to support (I didn't), there will be a bit of a learning curve if you have not worked with property management software before.

• Reviewed on 21/09/2018