About Freshservice

Online ITSM Service Desk with Incident, Problem, Change, Release & Asset Management, in addition to powerful ticketing & automation

Learn more about Freshservice

Pros:

It was easy to get started and allowed us to integrate into out ERP software to allow tickets from it.

Cons:

I feel bad even complaining about it because it's so simple to use but I feel as if the interface could use an update.

Freshservice ratings

4.5
4.6
4.3
4.4

8.7/10

Freshservice has an overall rating of 4.5 out 5 stars based on 438 user reviews on Capterra.

Have you used Freshservice before?

Erick
Erick
Client Technologies Manager in US
Automotive, 1,001-5,000 Employees

Probably the best tool for Help Desk Management

Comments: This is probably the best I used for ticketing. The support is really good, the only bad thing is that you have to contact mostly via chat.

Pros:

The features it provides are really good. The ticketing flow is easy to follow, we can handle our Service Catalog, integrate with Active Directory, manage Asset Inventory and now we started using the Project management tool.

Cons:

The configuration (Initial Setup) is kind of complex. Design the flows is friendly, but complex if you have many rules, but the good thing is that support guides all the way during this process.

Sarah
Sarah
System Administrator in US
Information Technology & Services, 10,000+ Employees

You can do a lot of great things with Freshservice

4.0 2 months ago New

Comments: Complete platform for IT service management and reporting on client needs. It gives me the ability to develop material that can be provided as assistance to customers, as well as report back internally to the team and to top board management.

Pros:

I appreciate that it is not only affordable, but also demonstrates a lot of value due to the fact that it comes with a lot of features considering how much it costs. FreshService is capable of competing with ServiceNow in terms of IT service management, and I am accustomed to utilizing ServiceNow.

Cons:

The constraints placed on portal design, in addition to the requirement of having HTML coding skills. I have not been able to determine whether or not it is possible for us to have parent portal sites that include kid pages, and the process of developing these pages will require experience in coding.

Kevon
IT Manager in US
Real Estate, 501-1,000 Employees

FS review

3.0 last month New

Pros:

When all the applications are working it's a great software.

Cons:

Some of the key third party applications are removed like Google Sync and it makes your job harder to sync thousands of users.

Renan
TSM in Brazil

A review about fresh service

Comments: A solid product with excellent qualities that can help transform how teams work

Pros:

Good tool for team collaboration. It is possible to configure workflows for each of them, projects, queues, etc. It is possible to greatly customize the fields and apply them to workflows, meeting specific needs.

Cons:

Graphing is a bit confusing, and you need to buy higher planes to use the best tools.

Alternatives Considered: Zendesk

Reasons for Choosing Freshservice: Several limitations on the platform that did not allow workflows to be created as desired.

Switched From: Jira

Reasons for Switching to Freshservice: We were very interested in other tools that perfectly met our need, however, its high cost made us choose Fresh.

Tom
IT Support & Operations Manager in US
Education Management, 1,001-5,000 Employees

Freshservice Review

Comments: I've really enjoyed having Frehservice in our organization. It has made my job as a manager much easier in that I can easily review team performance, post announcements for the organization, and identify trends in issues or requests.

Pros:

Freshservice has been a game-changer for our organization. The service catalog and user-friendly interface has allowed our employees to improve their productivity over the past 2+ years we have had the system implemented. The customizable forms and workflow has allowed our IT department to streamline processes and improve efficiency.

Cons:

I wish the reporting capabilities were more customizable. There have been a few situations where I reached out to Frehservice for support on reports I needed but found the reports were not possible. The freshservice support team told me my reporting needs would be added to the list of potential "future enhancements'.

Alternatives Considered: ServiceNow Customer Service Management, ManageEngine ServiceDesk Plus and Zendesk

Reasons for Choosing Freshservice: Our previous product did not have a customizable system and did not provide our employees with a way to track their tickets once created. It also lacked any type of reporting capabilities.

Switched From: Cerb

Reasons for Switching to Freshservice: Cost and ease of customization

Mel
Operations Support Specialist in US
Real Estate, 501-1,000 Employees

Implementation and Management

Comments: I had used FreshService in the past at different places of employment and had enjoyed it. This was the first time I was tasked with picking a ticketing system for a company. The fact that you get a trial based on the level you want to pay for, can basically have it customized during the trial to see if it's the right fit, extremely helpful and responsive customer service, and its easy to use for all levels of tech comfortability were the big reasons we chose FreshService. Every time I check in with our team of Agents, everyone is extremely happy with the switch and, overall, I am looking forward to the positive changes this is bringing our teams.

Pros:

There are several reasons I pushed to choose FreshService over other products. The value of the features I was getting with the ease of set up. Within the trial period, I had most of the set up done before I presented to my department head. The ease of switching from the previous (and archaic) system to FS for our end users was, overall, seamless. The ability to customize the product with minimal knowledge makes it easy to manage and make changes. After reviewing a dozen other ticketing systems, FreshService provided the ease of implementation and change that we were looking for.

Cons:

I love Freddy and want to use it however it's limited features over the traditional portal are frustrating. I understand it's a new feature and it's in a state of constant improvement but I wanted to launch with it and was unable to because key features that we needed specifically for our company would not show up. The reports aren't quite what I thought they would be either and I will probably have to do some work with powershell to get the information I really need.

Alternatives Considered: HappyFox Help Desk, Jitbit Helpdesk, Zoho Desk, JIRA Service Management, ServiceNow, Kayako and Zendesk

Reasons for Choosing Freshservice: The system we had was a basic portal for entering the request and then it would email it out to everyone. There was no way to properly manage, track, or pull reports on the work being done and tickets were falling through the cracks. It was making everyone's job harder than it needed to be.

Reasons for Switching to Freshservice: This list is only a partial list of all the systems I looked at but I had issues with identifying what features each level had, lack of trials, unresponsive or slow customer service were some of the few issues I ran into.

Global Head of IT in UK
Hospitality, 1,001-5,000 Employees

Freshservice - Fresh thinking, fresh system.

5.0 2 months ago New

Comments: The interaction with the account team and the ease of migration to the full-blown service was seamless. A really impressive offering, that does what you expect and more.

Pros:

Its simplicity to deploy and customise to your needs is a real bonus for Freshservice, when compared with other offerings in the market.

Cons:

We have no real misgivings on Freshservice.

Kimber
Business Solutions Analyst in US
Education Management, 5,001-10,000 Employees

Good, but not quite great

4.0 2 months ago New

Comments: FreshService is definitely an improvement over our previous system, and we like it, but it's not all it could be. That said, they make frequent updates and are noticeably trying hard. It's a good solution for the money, but if you have the budget and want robust project management, change management, knowledge base, asset tracking inventory features, there are likely better solutions

Pros:

The FreshService implementation team was very easy to work with and provided excellent customer support. They did a great job of keeping us on the timeline we had set. General tech support is very good as well. I always get a response within a day. I've also enjoyed working with their robust API so that I can make customizations. The ticketing system, which is by far the most commonly used feature, is excellent.

Cons:

The knowledge base feature leaves some things to be desired. There is no ability to create a template so that multiple people can write articles with a consistent look. The user side can be customized with Javascript and CSS, but the agent side can't be. The result is that knowledge base articles look different, depending on who is looking at them, and whether the article content is included in an e-mail or being accessed from a URL. The project management feature is confusing and not particularly intuitive. Especially when it comes to altering dates for tasks that must happen in a sequential order.

Johannes
IT Consultant in Germany
Information Services, 11-50 Employees

Nice and fast UI

5.0 4 weeks ago New

Comments: we are very satisfied with the product. the goal was a hosted solution that is easy to access on the go and easy for agents to use. this has been met.

Pros:

we like the fast User Interface. It acts always fast and instantly

Cons:

currently the product is not fully multi-client capable

Anneliese
CX Assistant Manager in US
Apparel & Fashion, 201-500 Employees

Easy and User Friendly

5.0 last month New

Comments: Really organized and easy to use.

Pros:

Keeps you updated with all comments and responses for the life of the ticket.

Cons:

I get double emailed everytime someone replies from the gmail account and help ticket.

Benjamin
IT Systems Administrator in US
Construction, 201-500 Employees

FreshService Internal Ticket Management System for Gehan Homes

Comments: We enjoy FreshService for the simplistic ticket management and communication it provides. It is also a secondary database for our asset management to cross reference our main database. We would like to see more curated automated reports for both tickets and assets. We would also like to be able to levarage the change management database, but it does not appear user friendly nor intuitive; so we may need training on this but we do not use it because we dont understand it. We are actively looking for change management.

Pros:

Easy to build requestors and submit tickets via email and communicate with the end users we support for our internal helpdesk. Easy to spot trends and ensure service level agreements for ticket response times are measured appropriately.

Cons:

The inventory management system at first was very unreliable, sometimes search wouldnt pull up names or info. It seems to have been developed and works much better, but I believe the backend database or tool used could be of better quality. It has come a long way from the beginning and is markedly better.

Alternatives Considered: Spiceworks, ServiceNow, ManageEngine Endpoint Central, Autotask PSA and Zendesk

Reasons for Choosing Freshservice: ManageEngine cost too much for what we were using it for and it was also on premises. We needed something simple and cloud based and cheaper.

Switched From: ManageEngine Endpoint Central

Reasons for Switching to Freshservice: Cost, ease of use, and provided the greatest benefit for a simple ticket and asset tracking system with the "possibility" of future developments in other areas of the system. We know FreshService was and is a growing company so we bet our money on the growth, we have not been disappointed, but of course would like to see more development in the areas of change management and maybe some more asset tracking features. Also, the customer service and support is STELLAR, I would say better than any vendor or product we use previously or currently. Bravo on the customer support, please never change how great that is, its more important than people might think.

Max
Systems Administrator in US
Construction, 201-500 Employees

Everything You Need In A Great Ticketing System

Comments: Excellent, see the Pro section. I wished I could paraphrase everything I wrote in that section to garnish this one, but time is limited.

Pros:

There are multiple things that I like about the Freshservice platform. To start, the ticketing system that they provide is an amazing tool to keep track of issues and resolutions. You can easily search for similar issues and select a wide variety of categorizations to organize your problems and resolutions. I love the private note feature as well, we can suggest solutions to specialists working on solving an issue before it is escalated. Something else I liked about FS is their asset management utility. The Freshservice agent that is installed on the computers make it easier for admins to see who is the last person who signed in to a computer. This helpful in occasions where we have to rule out what computer is assigned to someone when we forget to update the asset. Overall, the Freshservice inventory system is the best I've used in my professional career. Now let's talk about my favorite feature - the API. I was surprised to learn that FS had an API. I was able to thoroughly test their API and develop our own apps. Very pleased with this aspect. I also enjoyed using their admin tools to create workflows, notifications, scenarios to automate and make the ticketing solution more effective. Being able to document things here is also very easy. You can add images, create tags, and alter publications from their editor. Never had any gripes with this. Lots to like here!

Cons:

There are actually very few cons. If there is anything bad to say is that I wished the API returned some more relevant results for what I was looking for. For example, I had to jump through a few more requests that I wanted to convert some values to get something else I needed. Yes, seriously, that's all the bad I can say; we are nerds here at Royal. I was able to code very cool apps with the API.

Aleksandr
Aleksandr
IT Service Desk Specialist III in US
Education Management, 51-200 Employees

Freshservice Review from a daily user and admin

Comments: My overall experience with Freshservice has been really good (despite the cons I listed). The interface from Agent point of view is easy to navigate, the ticket/problem/change management is clear. From an admin point of view, everything is well group under the admin section and even if you don't have experience with Freshservice you will find yourself picking everything up pretty quickly. The mobile app, while clunky, is still a good way to get notified about tickets coming in (especially urgent ones), and checking for replies and approvals. Bonus points for providing single sign on options (SSO). Customization is solid and allows you to integrate your company branding quite well. Good, and easy to create, manage, edit knowledge base system. Requesters have a very easy time creating a ticket in case of an incident. While it can feel frustrating to have to contact Freshservice support for some things, I can say that my overall experience has been very solid with their support and they have even taken and implement a number of our feature requests. I would most certainly recommend this product.

Pros:

- Easy to use - Good platform to manage incidents/problems/changes/releases as well as requests - Good CMDB for managing company assets - Pretty simple to perform administrative tasks - Good customization - Has mobile app that will notify you when someone performs an action on any of your items (Such as assignment of a ticket, replies, approvals, etc.) - Had good experience from Freshservice support staff - Has the ability to integrate into your domain account via Single Sing-On (SSO) - Good solution for storing your IT Support based knowledge base

Cons:

- Customization could be better in some areas - Some changes require you to contact Freshservice support directly - Digital asset management is a bit clunky - Mobile app is not as intuitive as desktop experience and can feel difficult to navigate for some users - Noticed that at times, usually in the morning hours of EST time zone, Freshservice access cuts out for 5 minutes

Dave
Infrastructure Engineer in UK

Feature packed ITSM which has room for improvement.

Comments: Moving from a shared mailbox it has been a lot easier to manage incoming incidents and track who is working on which ticket. Being an ITIL based ITSM we can now properly track system changes and gain approval across the business based on our business processes.

Pros:

Simple to use - one of the main reasons we went with FreshService was that during a trial of many other systems FreshService was by far the easiest to setup and configure. This means more time doing other projects rather than administering the helpdesk system. Powerful Automations - my trial version had the new Smart Workflow addon which made creating complex workflows very easy and simple. There is still room for improvement and some fields cannot be used in automations e.g. Impact or Urgency. Self service catlog - its a nice to have and allows easy segregation of Service Requests compared to Incidents, the custom forms are nice although would be better to dynamic i.e. drop down of all requesters for example. Branding - nice branding options and easy to use giving full access to CSS / HTML although not as easy to manipulate as ZenDesk. Self Service Portal - We haven't rolled this out to end users yet but the portal is easy to use and with the branding options can be customised. The embedded widget is also useful and can be embedded into SharePoint.

Cons:

Reporting - very limited compared to some systems although improvements are on the road map. Software Assets - confusing to use as you have to track each software item as an asset, cannot easily search on what is installed on computers across the database. Again improvements coming on the road map. Dashboard is useless - current implementation of the system gives a very basic overview of the system and an activity log. We don't use it as it doesn't provide any useful information. Certain Form Fields - you cannot change the default fields or even hide them without using JavaScript, this means I have had to create custom fields to tell my agents to ignore certain fields which isn't ideal. Also the categories list is shared among tickets, our change requests differ from our incidents. SLA breaches - compared to ZenDesk it isn't as easy to see when a ticket is due to breach SLA. Currently the ticket interface only shows Resolve Due date and not response due date, the response due just appears in the main ticket view when its close to expiry. Not ideal but workable.

Support Coordinator in Belgium
, 51-200 Employees

Feature-rich and intuitive

Comments: We are back "with the times" compared to our previous ticket system.

Pros:

The FreshService interface is pleasant and pretty intuitive to work with. We had been using a different ticket system for more than a decade. Nonetheless, the switch to FreshService was relatively smooth for the whole team. I think the major reason is that the interface feels rather natural or comfortable to work with. The same kind of intuitiveness is also seen under the hood (Admin panel), which is where a lot of other systems fall short. Even though Fresh Service packs a ton of features under the hood, you are not battling against a maze of intertwined difficult-to-manage configurations. I personally don't need to do a lot of changes in the configuration (I'm rather the "backup" for those kind of things), but when I do, it doesn't take me too long to find out where I need to adapt what setting. I had to contact Fresh Service support a few times and so far always got a satisfactory reply in a decent reply time.

Cons:

With all of the above said, it also lacks some features you could see as "basic" or "take for granted" here and there. Agents can't configure an "out-of-office" period themselves. There's no possibility to set up a custom dashboard per agent. My major pet peeve is the text editor, which options are very limited (can't send a reply with a paragraph in fixed with font, can't edit the source ...) and which sometimes behaves unexpectedly (some odd behaviour with linebreaks, weird cursor position when pasting text ...) And finally, while there is integration with Jira, I have the feeling it tends to break quite easily. We've probably had it more half- or not-working-at-all than working as it should. This makes it unreliable, requires manual effort and follow-up and really undoes the usefulness of having integration at all.

Manager Service in Netherlands

Easily worth the price compared to other ticket systems.

Pros:

After following a demo given by enthusiastic and cooperative Freshservice employees, we were sure of our choice. The tooling is intuitive, user-friendly, responds quickly and very easy to set up. There are plenty of things that can be adapted to the needs of the company. There are a number of options within the tooling that have certainly increased the efficiency of our employees and in the way customers create their own tickets. The support and technical staff are excellent and an example for other companies!

Cons:

The change module may be further expanded. A feature request has been created for this and the latest information shows that a number of improvements will be made this year.

Alternatives Considered: Jira, TOPdesk, Kaseya VSA and Zendesk

Reasons for Switching to Freshservice: Before Freshservice, we used a tooling that was almost unusable, slow and cumbersome to use. No more innovations were made. The switch to Freshservice was a relief for our users, but certainly for our customers. Where we regularly received complaints about our ticket system before using Freshservice, we no longer receive any complaints.

Jose
Support Services Manager in US
, 11-50 Employees

Freshservice is quite a solid ITSM solution in the Cloud, with no investment in IT infrastructure.

Comments: The rapid deployment! Being Cloud, we were ready to start almost from day zero. The learning curve is quite smooth, and it was fairly easy to perform basic to moderate customizations on the portal and forms. Also the automation options were quite easy to follow (we basically used templates of the predefined ones) and one key for more novice users is that Freshservice has tutorials all around the solutions.

Pros:

It's literally "pay and use". Zero footprint in your current IT architecture, everything is habdled via any compatible web browser. And yet it includes advanced ITSM functionalities such as asset management and CMDB, in which you mdeploy Probes and Agents to Windows, Linux and Mac devices to scan and inventory hardware and software. And like every other Freshworks solution, it's very customizable interms of UI, automation and notifications, as well as integrations with third-party solutions and via API for developers.

Cons:

Perhaps adding new modules. Freshservice deals with this by integrations and automations, but out of the included modules (Tickets, Problems, Changes, Releases, CMDB, Projects, Solutions and Reports) you can't, at the moment, add a new one, such as Facilities or HR for example. However, provided that the included modules cover most, if not all, or ITSM's basic needs, and that the mnost generic modules (such as Tickets) are easily adaptable and customizable, that's not much of a problem.

Braden
IT in US
Civil Engineering, 201-500 Employees

Great IT software

Comments: love the product, was very easy to set up and integrate into the company, very nice customization options to really make it your own, and anytime we have had an issue we usually get a response very fast from the team so we are never held back for too long on anything!

Pros:

The ease of use is a huge plus to us and to all of the end users, it is very straight forward for everyone to use, well integrated into the company super easily and multiple ways to access via the website, mobile app or even just an email, makes our jobs much easier, and the hardware management is also a huge plus being able to track it all

Cons:

They are working on it now but I wish it had a better tracking of what was installed in certain hardware, at the moment they do not show all of the components just most of the major ones, would be a nice thing to have it all

Gustavo
Mr in Canada
Food Production, 201-500 Employees

Easy to use ITSM system that lack proper integration with other platforms.

Comments: Overall Freshservice is an easy to use and deploy platform that will work in small and medium size organizations. It has lots of feature to make repetitive tasks automated.

Pros:

Incident and Service requests is the module I like the most, specially because IT support can

Cons:

Inventory and Software management. The agent installed in workstations sporadically stops working and IT support must install the manually for it to continue reporting on the asset. When deploying hundreds of assets, this becomes very tedious. Also, the Probe used to scan network and synchronize AD with Fresh lack a lot of functionality and it doesn't provide enough information about a multitude of non-workstation assets after scanning.

Alternatives Considered: ServiceNow

Reasons for Switching to Freshservice: Price and ease of deployment.

Samuel
System Administrator in Canada
Farming, 201-500 Employees

Easily worth the price compared to free ticket systems

Comments: Extremely positive. Previously was using HESK as a free ticket system and also demo'd a few other options before settling on Freshservice. The paid features of Freshservice more then pay for themselves.

Pros:

Makes dealing with a large number of tickets very simple and intuitive. Improves response time and productivity of helpdesk.

Cons:

The settings/configuration is not super intuitive.

Alternatives Considered: Kaseya VSA and Autotask PSA

Reasons for Choosing Freshservice: Lack of features

Switched From: HESK

Reasons for Switching to Freshservice: Better pricing. Better features for internal IT departments (as opposed to MSP focused ticket systems)

Zac
Head of service delivery in UK
Broadcast Media, 501-1,000 Employees

Excellent service

Comments: Very happy

Pros:

Ease of use, customer support and nice layouts

Cons:

Some things not configurable which makes us having to do workarounds

Alternatives Considered: ServiceNow Customer Service Management

Reasons for Choosing Freshservice: Cost

Switched From: Hornbill

Reasons for Switching to Freshservice: Cost

Joe
IT Manager in
, 51-200 Employees

Great Help Desk Software, Particularly For Time Pressed Admins

Comments: The pricing for this product is very competitive which is great for the IT budget and value for dollar represent a good deal. I find the Support team is very helpful and responsive. This is not a complex product to set up but does take a little time to figure out how things work within Freshservice. I am very please overall.

Pros:

SaaS based product so no on premises hardware or software. Setup is more than 10 minutes that some of the marketing indicates, but definitely not a complex setup. Once you understand the workflow things become fairly intuitive in setting up the software. The ability to process tickets from one screen, enabling you to reply, enter case notes and disposition the ticket from one screen is very good. Like anything there is a learning curve involved, but it becomes very straightforward to Administer. This is very important as I am handling issues, closing tickets and assisting end users so I do not have the time to spent an hour a day doing routine maintenance tasks. The technical support team is also very helpful.

Cons:

Most of the issues have not been with things that do not work as much as do not conform to our individual work flows and processes. A few things that are challenges include that pasting into tickets using the portal does not work. Any screen shots or images depicting issues and end user is facing need to be added as attachments. By default you are given a long and not intuitive URL for your Portal. While you can create a custom URL it requires purchasing an SSL certificate or the connection is not secure. If a User submits a ticket via email and at a later time tries to create an account on the Portal it will advise them that the email is in use. To resolve this they just need to request a password reset, but it is not intuitive to the User, they think something is wrong.

Rich
Rich
Director of IT in US
Wholesale, 1,001-5,000 Employees

Simple to use and has all the features you actually need.

Comments: I really like Fresh Service (and before it, Fresh Desk). I keep trying to find a reason to switch to Zendesk because of the possibilities with their integrations but keep abandoning the trial. I would have to reproduce in Zendesk what I currently have in Freshservice in order to start experimenting with the possibilities. That's where the problems start. All the things I have in Freshservice are add-ons in Zendesk that cost extra and don't work the same way. If you have a fairly small team, we have 4 IT personnel for a 24/7 $400 million dollar company, this is your solution.

Pros:

Layout is clean and easy to understand. Has fun 'gamify' system which lets my techs compete with with other for prizes with the system keep score. This is available on our subscription level. Also has SLA monitoring for those pesky KPI requirements. Can setup a catalog of services and items for end users to 'order' with a workflow approval process. Can integrate with chat and phone. Great all around alternative to Zendesk. Doesn't nickel and dime you to have basic features.

Cons:

List of Integration possibilities are pretty small in comparison and hasn't really grown in the several years we have been using it.

Karina
IT Director in US
Information Technology & Services, 5,001-10,000 Employees

Offers a lot of features

Comments: It meets our expectations for managing tickets. We have experienced some bugs and they get resolved quickly.

Pros:

We use it for tickets and issue resolution mostly. The software offers contract management, project management, asset management and other features at a very basic state.

Cons:

We tried asset management for a while and it felt extremely short so we had to switch to a different product. Project management we did not even try because it is extremely basic. Maybe they should stick with the core of their product which is tickets and issue resolution.

Matthew
Network Coordinator in US
Machinery, 1,001-5,000 Employees

Freshservice

Comments: Freshservice is by far the best help desk/ticketing system I've ever worked with. The speed and ease of use make Freshservice the best help desk platform I've ever worked with in my 15 years of IT experience.

Pros:

For our users its been a real nice tool for submitting help requests into our IT department. A variety of options and configurations allowed us to customize our Freshservice portal to provide our users with the best help desk experience possible.

Cons:

I wish I could add my own custom pages to the custom help desk portal. Love the ability to customize the current portal but it would be even better if I could add my own custom pages to the portal for instance ~ a secondary onboarding portal for a different HR team in our company.