15 years helping Australian businesses

About TalentLMS

TalentLMS is the LMS built for training success. Easy to manage and a joy to use, teams embrace training from the very first click.

Learn more about TalentLMS

Pros:

Anyone with a little knowledge of LMS functionality can easily set up their school. Love that it integrates easily with Shopify and ZOOM - our two most critical features.

Cons:

All products have limitations and will go thru improvements. My very real concern is there complete lack of empathy with a start-up and poor customer service.

TalentLMS ratings

4.6
4.5
4.5
4.7

9.0/10

TalentLMS has an overall rating of 4.7 out 5 stars based on 536 user reviews on Capterra.

Have you used TalentLMS before?

Jordan
Jordan
Readiness and Success Coordinator in US
Nonprofit Organization Management, 51–200 Employees

The Best Solution for Our Need

Comments: Talent has enabled my organization to standardize our training, create long-term training infrastructure, and consolidate the training workload into one role, improving efficiency and saving both time and money. It is by far the most affordable training solution that we could identify, and with TalentLibrary, it is the most robust training solution available for our use-case.

Pros:

TalentLMS' base-level of functionality, accessibility, and ease of use for administrators, instructors, and learners alike is its defining feature. As the primary administrator and course creator for my organization, I was able to quickly learn the software's limits and work within them to create an effective training curriculum for a youth audience. Once deployed, that youth audience was able to navigate TalentLMS and complete their courses with minimal issues or bugs. All this was possible with an LMS that came far below the price-point of all other LMS' we considered.

Cons:

There is nothing I strongly dislike in my experience using TalentLMS. Apart from minor bugs in data tracking (course completion time) and my own inexperience in cleaning up data when doing my own data analysis, I never ran into any issues that either didn't have a solution already available in the help section or that were not quickly resolved by the Customer Support Team

Alternatives Considered: Google Classroom , Absorb LMS , Moodle and Blackboard Learn

Reasons for Switching to TalentLMS: The cost of Absorb/Blackboard was more than my non-profit could afford. Implementing Moodle would have been beyond the technical scope of our employees. Google Classroom's full portfolio was not available to us as we are not an educational institution despite having educational programs (HiSET)

4 months ago

Hello Jordan, what a wonderful and insightful view into your experience with TalentLMS, thanks for sharing it with us! We're glad you found its features and value fitting for your eLearning needs. We'll also pass your praise along to our support team, they're always there when you need them, so don't hesitate to reach out. Have a great one!

Courtney
Courtney
System Administrator in US
Information Technology & Services, 10,000+ Employees

TalentLMS helps me keep track of training courses easily

Comments: TalentLMS allows me to keep a record of my training courses, training hours, evaluations, and test results so that I can easily conduct an audit. It's great for getting acquainted with or relaying the organization's standards, and it helps sustain an effective rewards system.

Pros:

Excellent resource for reusing existing information into new educational resources; It can be picked up and used in less than an hour. Excellent service is a hallmark of this company. They are easy to contact, respond quickly and are open to suggestions for improvement. Their location in Cyprus scared me in terms of communication, but even with our own account representative, everything was fine.

Cons:

Unfortunately, when training materials are generated in Microsoft PowerPoint and submitted to TalentLMS, the software removes all animations and page transitions. The visuals are dull and unchanging.

7 months ago

Hi Courtney, thank you for the glowing review! It’s great that you’ve found setting up TalentLMS and working with our customer support team so easy (we’ll let them know!). You’ll also be happy to learn that we’re working on a new way to create your course content and even use AI to generate new texts, images, and other materials. Here’s how you can check out TalentCraft by switching to the TalentLMS+ Beta interface on your portal: https://help.talentlms.com/hc/en-us/articles/10927713481884-Getting-to-know-TalentCraft It’ll give you more freedom to craft the content you want and make it more visually engaging and interactive for your learners.

Computer Software, 201–500 Employees

Very disappointing

Comments: We have felt duped by the sales people at TalentLMS. Our account manager is unhelpful and unengaged. We are disappointed that we cannot create true learning paths and curricula for certain learners and groups. The platform is clunky. Reporting is a disaster and requires exporting to Excel or Google Sheets and hours of manual work to generate useful analytics.

Pros:

The people we have worked there with have been friendly. Support is responsive.

Cons:

For implementation and setup, you are largely on your own. You can open tix w support but they will not get on a live call with you. You will be directed to their webinars/knowledge base to solve your own issues. The platform UX for admins and users is poorly done. Limited features. Difficult to manage courses and users. Sales was not honest with us - overpromised to get our sale.

3 months ago

Hello, thank you for leaving us a review with constructive feedback. We are sorry to hear that you have not had a positive experience with our support team. They aim to help with all concerns as soon as possible! Regarding setting up learning paths, please consult this guide to help you with your courses https://help.talentlms.com/hc/en-us/articles/360014658313-How-to-set-up-learning-paths. TalentLMS does not have curricula, but if this is a feature that is important to you, you may find eFront to better suit your needs. When it comes to reporting, you can set up the custom reports feature, which is quite robust: https://help.talentlms.com/hc/en-us/articles/360014573774-How-to-work-with-custom-reports. Currently a new version of TalentLMS is in the works. TalentLMS+ Beta has a revamped UI and generative AI features, and you can already switch to this version from your admin portal. Please reach out if you would like further assistance with setting up your training. Thanks!

Julie
Director, Global Training and Communications in US
Retail, 1,001–5,000 Employees

Exceptional Learning Management System for Global Training Needs

Comments: TalentLMS has been an indispensable tool for our organization. Its robust features, user-friendly interface, and exceptional support have not only met but exceeded our expectations. We wholeheartedly recommend it to any organization seeking an efficient and reliable learning management system for their global training needs. Five stars without hesitation!

Pros:

We've been utilizing TalentLMS for a considerable period now, and it has been an absolute game-changer for our team. This platform has revolutionized how we manage and conduct training sessions across our partner sites worldwide. One of the standout features of TalentLMS is its unparalleled ability to organize and facilitate seamless training sessions. The user-friendly interface makes it incredibly easy for us to create, distribute, and track training modules efficiently. This has significantly streamlined our processes, allowing us to focus more on the content and less on the logistics. Moreover, the global reach and accessibility of this system have been instrumental in our success. Being able to provide consistent and standardized training material to our partner sites worldwide has strengthened our operations and improved overall performance. The support and responsiveness of the TalentLMS team deserve special mention. Any queries or issues we've encountered were promptly addressed, showcasing their commitment to customer satisfaction.

Cons:

The only con I experience is that we cannot add pictures to surveys. But that's about it. Not a big deal.

Alternatives Considered: Lessonly

Reasons for Choosing TalentLMS: We transitioned due to several crucial factors that impacted our training efficiency. While Cerego served a purpose initially, its limitations became increasingly evident over time.

Switched From: Cerego

4 months ago

Julie, thank you so much for such a well-thought out and generous review, we're really happy that you've found so much to love with TalentLMS. We've also passed along your special praise to our support wizzards, they're always eager to hear from people who found their assistance helpful. Thanks again and happy learning!

Pennie
Instructor in US

Talent LMS Rocks!

Comments: Overall, TalentLMS is wonderful. I had to downgrade because I did not get my government contract. When I downgraded, the system would not allow me to downgrade fully. I sent an email to the key people and they resolved the problem expeditiously.

Pros:

I LOVE TalentLMS. I have been using this mgmt system EVERYDAY for over a year. This system is so easy to use, has lots of great features and my students find it very easy to navigate.

Cons:

The TalentLMS App (BETA) don't work with some of the desktop features. It has been in beta for since I started using it (over a year). I am just waiting for them to get the bugs out so I can use it to track my students. I haven't told my students about the beta.

4 months ago

Pennie, thanks for the kind and constructive review, your words really brought a smile to our faces! As for the TalentLMS+ Beta, you'll be happy to know that we're hard at work to make sure it's fully ready to go as soon as possible. Stay tuned and we'll have more to share with you soon!

Nick
Nick
Product Marketing Specialist in US
Computer Software, 51–200 Employees

Continued improvements

Comments: Overall it has been a great experience. Their support is always helpful and timely, they rarely have service disruptions (despite a massive increase in e-learning following COVID) and they have continued to improve the features of the product.

Pros:

Talent LMS has continued to deploy regular quarterly updates which improve the features and usability of their product. They've maintained affordable pricing along the way, even when large updates have been added to the system. It's really easy for our learners to use and administration and reporting is pretty good.

Cons:

Certification management needs to be improved further. I still haven't quite figured out how we will handle re-certification if requirements differ from the original. It's also not easy to get the certificate ID number, which is important to be able to store the data outside of Talent LMS. Our workaround requires manually loading a PDF preview and taking the ID from the PDF, which is the only place you can embed it natively. Reporting has gotten increasingly better over time but can still use some better cross-object reporting and filtering based on other criteria.

Alternatives Considered: Adobe Connect Learning and Skilljar Customer Education

Reasons for Switching to TalentLMS: Better value for money considering all the features. Also was extremely white label and had broad API access which was important to us to integrate into our existing customer systems and portals.

4 years ago

Nick, thanks for your feedback and review! As you mentioned, our team continues to keep improving TalentLMS and our quarterly updates are a result of the feedback we gather from our customers. It's great to hear that you've had a great TalentLMS experience thus far, and we'll keep working hard to ensure things keep on getting even better!

Graphic Design, 2–10 Employees

TalentLMS

Comments: Overall it is good. Content creation pages is basic and could use more elemental tools to make them more appealing (like Word formatting)

Pros:

I is very easy to use and to create basic content, and the working area is large which I like more than other alternatives. For beginners is quite easy to start creating content and courses. Has the ability to integrate more advanced external html and external resources

Cons:

Lacks features in the design area. Integration of questions, test and graphic material could be easier. Needs more organizational tools. Needs more tips to integrate advanced html commands

Alternatives Considered: LearnWorlds

Reasons for Choosing TalentLMS: Price, interface and ease of use

Switched From: CANVAS

Reasons for Switching to TalentLMS: I did not have time to test Learnworlds because we were on a time limit to launch a course, and I had already practiced with Talent

4 years ago

Thanks for your review and welcome to TalentLMS! Thanks for choosing us as your new LMS. We're glad to hear that you're finding TalentLMS easy to use and we've shared your feedback with our team. If you need any assistance when using TalentLMS, check out our extensive knowledge base or feel free to reach out to our support team. Thanks again for choosing TalentLMS!

Tami
Tami
Digital Learning Manager in Canada
Nonprofit Organization Management, 1,001–5,000 Employees

Excellent product for the price

Comments: Starting with TalentLMS has been critical for our organizational training, particularly the branch feature, mobile app, and easy-to-use interface. The customer service has been fantastic and the price is affordable. I'd recommend it.

Pros:

+ Customer service is timely and helpful + Platform is affordable + Easy-to-use interface for learners, instructors, and administrators + Mobile app included + Numerous customizable features + Separate 'branches' for training, enabling access for different groups

Cons:

- Smaller details within course building are not customizable, or not easily customizable

3 years ago

Tami, thank you for this very insightful review of TalentLMS! We love hearing that you are enjoying the branch feature of the platform. It can be very handy to organize your trainings in sub-groups ;)

Jackson
Jackson
Partner in Australia
Law Practice, 11–50 Employees

User friendly entry to LMS

Comments: We are looking to commercialise our existing F2F and webinar materials by developing online conent. TalentLMS was by far the best of the systems we trialled to deliver e-commerce training solutions. The features and set-up are intuitive and the customer support has been outstanding.

Pros:

The product offers a range of features to easily commercialise your courses, create content on the platform or import Scorm or other file formats, and incredibly responsive customer support.

Cons:

I have not come across any issues to date - the product was simple to set up and customise, and layout and features are intuitive.

Alternatives Considered: iSpring Market , LearningCart , Thinkific and Litmos

Switched From: iSpring Market , LearningCart , Thinkific and Litmos

Reasons for Switching to TalentLMS: Some other products lacked the flexibility in features that TalentLMS brought to the table. Because of the lack of domain experience, other limited documentation provided by some other systems was a major issue. Finally, the ability to use Scorm content was critical to our selection.

4 years ago

Jackson, thanks for leaving us a review. We're so happy to hear that you selected TalentLMS after your extensive research and that you're enjoying the range of features and ease of set-up! Our trusty support team is always on-hand should you need any assistance in the future!

Colin
Colin
Instructional designer in Australia
Human Resources, 51–200 Employees

TalentLMS is a great learning management system

Comments: It is a fantastic low cost solution to getting online learning experiences to customers.

Pros:

It is very easy to use and configure I was able to configure most of the system in only a few hours. The FAQ support is fantastic.

Cons:

If I had to pick anything it would be the limited customization on the course catalogue page. It shows everything a potential customer would need but you have no control over how it displays the course lists, especially the bundles.

Alternatives Considered: Blackboard Collaborate and Brightspace

Reasons for Switching to TalentLMS: The other systems where very expensive and didn't offer any features critical to our needs.

4 years ago

Thanks for your review and valued feedback, Colin!

Scott
Executive Director in US
Professional Training & Coaching, 2–10 Employees

TalentLMS exceeded most of my expectations

Comments: Overall I have been very satisfied with it, in fact, we upgraded earlier this year. I would like to see some more enhancements, but it has exceeded my hopes for it.

Pros:

I love how easy it is to use on a variety of levels: 1) Setup was simple for basic functionality. 2) Day to day usage is simple for administrators and trainers. I love that you go between the different views including learner so you can see what the learner sees. 3) We have a more complicated setup in we use different branches to customize our user experience, this is incredibly easy to set up.

Cons:

I had to do some workarounds to make the initial end-user experience work for them. The workaround is not bad it is just a little annoying. In addition, the system notifications are limited in their configuration, this has proven frustrating at times. The biggest frustration has been the lack of an integrated grade book along with limited testing options (that are not very customizable).

Alternatives Considered: Moodle , LatitudeLearning and Litmos

Reasons for Choosing TalentLMS: Learnpress just did not meet my needs, but the biggest was they wiped out entire class during an upgrade and could not restore it.

Reasons for Switching to TalentLMS: There are a variety of reasons I chose TalentLMS depending on which alternative I was looking at. It came down to 3 factors: 1) Cost, some of the alternatives were just out of our limited price range. 2) Setup/Functionality: Some of the alternatives were very difficult to configure and the functionality was limited. 3) I liked I had options for moving forward with TalentLMS giving me different ways of paying this allowed me to ease into the product to make sure it was what I needed and wanted. This model works well for small companies like mine.

5 years ago

Great to see that you're making the most of TalentLMS functions and features, Scott! Sounds like you've mastered the workarounds but in case you need anything else, our support team is always on-hand. We love hearing that TalentLMS has exceeded your expectations and we promise to keep working hard to make sure things stay that way!

osama
teacher in Egypt

TalentLMS review

Comments: Really a great experience, before Talent I used many systems to manage educational content so I know the features of Talent very well, and it came to the point that I set up a training center in my country and I myself train teachers and students to use the wonderful Talent system and the result was amazing. Thank God, I succeeded in participating more. How many 30 teachers and more than 10 thousand students Yes, 10,000 students, and this is confirmed in my subscription to the service : [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] ([SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN])
Really I believe in Talent and I hope to be an official agent for it in my country, but in the Middle East, so does that lie?
My greetings

Pros:

As a teacher, I find all the services that help me in communication and distance education with my students No malfunctions Fast security Organizer Easy

Cons:

The grading system should not be limited to the percentage. Rather, the grading system should be added to it as it happens in schools Better live broadcasting service through the site and not through a third party, such as Zoom, for example

Alternatives Considered: iSpring Suite and Docebo

Reasons for Choosing TalentLMS: Limited, slow to develop

Switched From: eLecta Live

Reasons for Switching to TalentLMS: Quality and reasonable price Supports the Arabic language well

4 years ago

Thank you for taking the time to review TalentLMS! We're very pleased to hear that TalentLMS has been able to suit your Arabic language needs and enable you to create a successful learning environment!

Manager of Partner Training in US
Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing, 51–200 Employees

Unlimited Trial - No Pressure to Purchase!

Comments: It is easy to use. The help content is pretty awesome and answers most of your questions. The online technical support is fast and responsive if you could not find your answer in the help content.

Pros:

In looking for an LMS, I wanted to take a test drive before purchasing. Most LMS's give you a 30-day trial. TalentLMS has an unlimited free trial that allowed me to customize my site and develop content. As most of us know, we are working on multiple projects simultaneously and to be able to focus on one project for 30 days straight is impossible. TalenLMS provided me the time and space I needed to develop and implement at my pace.

Cons:

How you have to create a multiple day, in-person, instructor-led training event.

Alternatives Considered: Absorb LMS , Paradiso LMS , Docebo and Litmos

Reasons for Switching to TalentLMS: The unlimited free trial gave me the time I needed to really evaluate the product without having a deadline to force me to make a decision.

5 years ago

Thanks for leaving us a review, John! We're glad to hear that our forever free plan allowed you to take the time needed to completely assess TalentLMS before upgrading (we totally agree, 30 days isn't a whole lot when you have multiple projects running!). Our Support team would be happy to walk you through the fastest way to set up an ILT event, so feel free to drop them a line. Thanks again!

Rachel
Instructional Designer in Canada
Computer Software, 51–200 Employees

Great product, great customer service

Pros:

Ease of use. Customer service Price Features Help database

Cons:

Our use case is unique and the use of branches is important at times. I do wish some of the admin functionality was available for branches like it is in the administrator side (such as mass uploads, etc).

Alternatives Considered: Litmos

Reasons for Choosing TalentLMS: Ease of use, ability to customize layout, accommodations to our use case

Switched From: Moodle

Reasons for Switching to TalentLMS: It accommodated all of our needs.

5 years ago

Glad to hear that you're enjoying your TalentLMS experience and that you're able to tailor the platform to your unique use case, Rachel! You may find some workarounds by setting yourself up as a Super Admin, if you need any help with this just reach out to our support team!

Aaron
IT Manager in US
Financial Services, 51–200 Employees

Great, Simple, LMS!

Pros:

Most LMS systems are difficult to navigate and confusing to use. TalentLMS has been incredibly simple to use and we were able to get set up, content uploaded, and users assigned within one day! We're extremely happy with the service thus far.

Cons:

We would like to see better control of user notifications and more fine-grained reporting.

Alternatives Considered: Skillsoft

Reasons for Choosing TalentLMS: Moodle was affordable but did not support our media upload needs and was too complicated to use.

Switched From: Moodle

Reasons for Switching to TalentLMS: Pricing and features presented on the website.

5 years ago

Hi Aaron, thanks for the great feedback! Creating a platform that our customers love using is our number one priority and it's great to hear that you're using TalentLMS with speed and ease. Our support team would love to hear from you if you identify any room for improvement as you go!

Stephanie
President in US
E-Learning, 2–10 Employees

Simple-to-use platform for a commercial product

Comments: We are very happy with how Talent LMS has provided such a user friendly platform that has seamlessly facilitated our growth.

Pros:

We have a commercial curriculum product, with thousands of learners from about 100 clients housed on the TalentLMS platform. It effectively supports having each customer isolated in it's own "branch" where they have their own admin and manage their own users. The primary selling points for choosing Talent LMS were the simple UI that requires minimal customer and no learner training, and the mobile app which facilitates learners going through modules offline. The level of customer support has been even better than we anticipated - with one issue we couldn't determine if it was the LMS, Browser or authoring tool that was causing the problem. The team went above and beyond to help us test it to determine causality. Setting up new branches is quick and easy. Bulk import is easy to use. Most of our learners are teenagers who say that they don't even feel like it's "learning" when they use the app. We and our customers love it. When we add large new customers, we have to add seats to our subscription. [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] our customer service rep has always been helpful and responsive.

Cons:

It would be helpful to have more robust survey functionality - we do have to create "courses" that link to Survey Monkey for some of our learner self assessments (i.e. Questions with two answers: How would you have rated yourself before this program, how do you rate yourself now?). It would also be helpful to be able to create custom learning paths/prerequisites of the same courses by branch without having to duplicate a course. The ability for individuals to self register and purchase courses doesn't function is a way that we can use it.

4 years ago

Seamlessly facilitating your growth - we like the sound of that, Stephanie and at TalentLMS that's whay we're all about! It's fantastic to see that your learners love using the TalentLMS app and it looks like you've mastered all the features of TalentLMS. Thanks for your valued feedback which we have shared with our team. We're happy that you're happy and we'll keep working hard to keep bringing you an even better experience in the future. Thanks for your review!

E-Learning, 11–50 Employees

Helped us pivot to virtual training as a result of the pandemic

Comments: We previously did the majority of our training in person. As a result of Covid, we switched everything to online learning, both synchronous (with Zoom) and asynchronous. TalentLMS easily connected with Zoom to allow us to do both, depending on the course and the people being trained. And thankfully our users have found it easy to use the platform.

Pros:

TalentLMS is fairly easy for non-technical users to set up and maintain courses. In fact, I've taught many of my colleagues to do so. The process for setting up new courses is pretty straightforward and well documented. While the default process doesn't have a lot of bells and whistles, there are some customizations available for those who look under the hood a bit (such as with custom CSS and Javascript).

Cons:

In order to make the software easier for non-technical users, aspects like branding can be challenging to customize. For example, the size restrictions on the logo image are pretty hard to work with. Not only that, they aren't published anywhere (at least not that I could find). I finally contacted their support and was able to have them override the defaults so our logo would look normal. Worth nothing is that because their support is in Europe and I'm on the Pacific Coast of the U.S., it often takes 12 hours or so before I'd hear back. This made working with support take a long time when compared with other similar companies.

3 years ago

Thank you for your review. It is really interesting reading that TalentLMS has met all your requierments to deliver training during Covid times. Be sure that our world-class support team will always be hear to back you up, even if we are not on the same continent and if you need an extra little help, you can always check our knowledge base. https://help.talentlms.com/hc/en-us/categories/360001246253-Knowledge-Base

Marek
CEO in Poland
Financial Services, 2–10 Employees

TalentLMS Review

Comments: My experience with TalentLMS has been positive. The platform provided a user-friendly and efficient way to create and deliver online courses. The intuitive course creation process, extensive customization options, and seamless integration with other tools made it a versatile and powerful learning management system. The robust reporting and analytics tools allowed for monitoring learner progress and evaluating the effectiveness of the courses. While there were some areas where additional features could be beneficial, TalentLMS proved to be a reliable and valuable platform for online learning.

Pros:

One of the things I liked most about TalentLMS was its user-friendly interface and intuitive course creation process. The platform made it easy to design and deliver engaging online courses, with a variety of multimedia options and interactive features. The extensive library of pre-built templates and themes allowed for quick customization and branding. The comprehensive reporting and analytics tools provided valuable insights into learner progress and engagement. Additionally, the seamless integration with other tools and platforms, such as webinar software or customer relationship management systems, enhanced the overall learning experience.

Cons:

While I had a positive experience with TalentLMS, one thing I liked least was the limited options for advanced gamification and interactive learning features. While the platform provided basic gamification elements like badges and leaderboards, I would have appreciated more advanced options to enhance learner motivation and engagement. Additionally, the user management system could benefit from additional features for bulk user imports and more granular user role permissions.

8 months ago

Marek, thank you so much for your detailed review! We’re glad you found so many useful features within TalentLMS to help make managing your training easier. If you’d like to customize your user role permissions further or learn more about mass user imports, check out our Knowledge Base and look for specific guides on how to do just that: https://help.talentlms.com/hc/en-us/categories/360001246253-Knowledge-Base And for further assistance, don’t hesitate to reach out to us and our support team will be more than happy to help you out!

Andy
Customer Education Manager in New Zealand
Information Technology & Services, 201–500 Employees

Good Customer Service

Comments: The product works, customer support is great. There are some rough edges that could be improved, but some of those will only apply to specific use cases.

Pros:

The team at Epignosis have been great to work with over the year that we have been using TalentLMS. Our pricing tier doesn't give us a dedicated customer success manager, so all our support queries are handled by their general support team. Both their frontline and technical support staff have been amazing at helping resolve any questions that have been raised. As an LMS, TalentLMS does the job. As an organisation, we didn't know exactly what we wanted and so picked TalentLMS initially on price point from a shortlist of other much more expensive systems that offered similar functionality. We particularly wanted a multi-tenant solution. We don't see ourselves changing in the short term. The LMS is super easy to get started. The free option lets you get started and evaluate whether it will work for you, and there is no time limit on this. I also loved the fact that you can just get in and do things - so many vendors insist on demos before they give you access to a system and layer on the hard sell in that process. The team at Epignosis are not like this, they are not in your face at all. Set up your domain and try it, so much more simple and easy. In terms of the features of TalentLMS, I particularly like how much customisation you can do with Javascript and CSS. I understand that the TalentLMS+ system that is being developed won't have that same degree of customisation - I understand why, but it will be a real loss for teams like ours that have very specific requirements that are not easily met without writing customisations. Overall, the system is easy to set up and use. The learner experience is perhaps not as slick as it could be out of the box, but we have addressed that with our customisations. There were some challenges getting SSO set up, it wasn't quite as easy to do as the TalentMS knowledge base suggested - but we got there in the end. Course and user management are fine and it is possible to create custom user types and access permissions to a very fine level of detail. Mechanisms such as groups and branches work, but perhaps could be a bit more slick. We've ended up not using branches for that reason which has gone away from our original multi-tenant brief. Some things that don't work as well as you might hope can be worked around because the integration with Zapier lets you set up your own automations.

Cons:

The branches mechanism could be improved. It basically works fine, but the process of manually adding users to branches is a bit painful and switching between branches is ok but not perfect. The real pain for us is that each branch needs its own SSO configuration and login portal. What I would really love to see here would be a single login screen and then using the SSO credentials to send learners automatically to a given branch, for example based on their email address. That would make things so much more slick for those of us offering to other organisations. I think that I can work around this using Zapier, but using an integration engine to link TalentLMS back to TalentLMS is a bit ridiculous (even through I do that for a few things). Something that is really important for us as we are training software developers is to present highlighted code snippets. The page editor in TalentLMS is not great, and the default style for code is just preformatted HTML. It is easy to work around, we inject custom CSS and Javascript from the prism.js library and it works a charm. However, our concern moving forward is that the TalentLMS+ product is not going to support that degree of customisation. So code formatting using prism.js or highlight.js really needs to be incorporated in as standard functionality. There are other issues with the editor - pasting from other applications produces really messy html. Even if you "paste as plain text" it doesn't work well. Most people probably won't notice, but I am editing the html to make our other customisations work and am always cleaning things up. The product doesn't deal with images and media shared across courses. I would love to see a central library of content (currently it is per course). You can work around the per-course organisation of files if you know html. But what I would love to be able to do is set an image in CSS that then applies across all pages. For example, we have icons that we add into the blockquote style - I need to do each and everyone manually, whereas the whole point of CSS is to do it centrally.

3 months ago

Hello Andy, thank you for taking the time to leave such a great review and very constructive feedback :)! Firstly, we will make sure to transfer your encouraging words to our support team, who are dedicated to accommodating you with any concern. Regarding the Talent LMS+ Beta version, the new UI will gradually offer more options for Administrator and Instructor roles. You should also be expecting advanced content creation capabilities empowered by our new AI content creation tool, TalentCraft. Here, at TalentLMS we always aim to grow and get better with every new product release and launch. Thank you again for your review and we hope you have a great day!

Roderick
Head of Faculty in Canada
E-Learning, 2–10 Employees

TalentLMS - Our first choice for features, value and support!

Comments: TalentLMS has been fantastic in terms of support, quickly responding to all inquiries and technical requests. Where certain functionality is not available, they have provided effective work arounds. I can't say enough about the team at TalentLMS and their commitment to excellence in customer service.

Pros:

TalentLMS offers a suite of robust features as is extremely easy to use and intuitive for both learner and instructor/administrator. Overall, this is the best solution out there in terms of value for money.

Cons:

Our biggest beef is really on the eCommerce side of things and we hope the TalentLMS team is working on more robust solutions. Due to offering an all-access subscription model, we currently have to manage eCommerce via both our regular website store and using the somewhat fixed and limited eCommerce options built into the platform. This is not a "stopper" but most certainly an area for improvement where multiple configurable purchase/subscription options within the platform that can work simultaneously (payment option A, B, C, D, etc.) would be a huge value add.

4 years ago

Roderick, we're so glad to hear that TalentLMS has exceeded your expectations particularly in terms of customer service. As you know, our team is always on hand to help out if you hit any bumps and your feedback has been shared with our team. We're constantly working on improvements with quarterly product updates, so watch this space! Thanks for your review!

Mourad
Director of Learning and Development in US
Automotive, 51–200 Employees

Years with Talentlms

Comments: The overall experience is awesome. Team is professional and super helpful. The free access you get in the beginning is super encouraging to play around and make up you decision after a real look and feel experience.

Pros:

Talentlms has been my shadow in my years of success as a director of learning and development all over the world starting in Dubai and ended to the USA. What I recently like most is that they are upgrading to AI Powered LMS in a smart way. This will enable us to move faster and at a better quality in designing courses.

Cons:

I wish they have a plan to embed live chat on courses and instant feedback to promote communication between learners under each course lesson.

4 months ago

Hi Mourad, what a journey you've had, and we're oh so glad that TalentLMS was there for you every step of the way! We're happy to hear you're a fan of our generative AI, TalentCraft, and that you found the experience so intuitive. For now, your learners can share their learning thoughts through Discussions, but we'll let our devs know about your suggestions as well. Thanks for taking the time to write your review!

Furniture, 51–200 Employees

Simple but powerful LMS that offers a lot of value

Comments: Before going to TalentLMS, our training process was all done using paper tests and big binders. Certification exams had to be individually graded by managers like a high school. This was about as time and resource inefficient a process as you can imagine. Now that we are putting our material on TalentLMS, we've been able to save time for the managers and make it easier to keep all of our staff up to date on current information and new practices. This has been a win-win all around for our organization. The managers have more time, are able to more effectively facilitate ongoing training and coaching, ensure the staff is properly trained, and monitor progress. The staff has access to more engaging ways of learning (like videos), can review it at any time, and can access additional materials that may not be "mandatory" for their own improvement.

Pros:

We recently implemented TalentLMS and launched with support for our sales staff. It was extremely easy to get going and do small tests with. Because of the pricing structure, it's very easy and affordable to scale. The platform is user friendly for our staff, and because of the many import options, it's easy to get large amounts of existing training material imported very quickly. Course progress can be tracked along with user activity and lots of other items that can be reported on. Although we don't sell any courses, it does have ecommerce options. There are also options for portal security if you want to make it an internal-only platform. Because the course making and importing functionality is so simple, it is easy to give access to "instructors" even if they are not familiar with LMS software and enable them to create courses and tests. The portal can be customized to fit with your company branding as well. Other features are messaging, discussion boards, event calendars, conferences, and portal announcements. In summary, TalentLMS's pricing model makes it easy and affordable to bring your entire staff onto the platform, whether you have 50 employees or 5000, and its ease of use and importing options make getting your course catalog and user base online fast.

Cons:

I suppose it would be nice to have more test options than multiple choice, matching, ordering, and free text, as well as more extensive UI customization, but what is there gets the job done.

6 years ago

Hi there, Thanks a lot for taking time to leave us a review! We're really glad that TalentLMS has helped you cover your training needs! Your feedback helps us become better, so please make sure to keep sharing it! Many thanks again!

Federico
Project Manager in Colombia
Human Resources, 11–50 Employees

Excelent LMS very easy to use

Comments: My customers from HR loves it, learners never complain about it and anyone can administrate. Since beginning was easy to set up, the look and feel is simple but practical and very reliable. Perform very good and is flexible for us.

Pros:

-Very easy to use, reuse, fast and no complications on set up-Users have a smoothly experience -Works perfect for all my customers (Pharma, Finance, Oil&Gas, etc) they prefer to choose TalentLMS over their own LMS.

Cons:

I don't remember to have problems with TalentLMS.Simple design but works perfect.

last year

What a fantastic review, Federico! We love hearing that all your customers are enjoying their experience on TalentLMS and prefer it to their own LMS. It is also very important to us that you found it easy to set up and reliable from the very start!

Jeffrey
CEO in US
Mining & Metals, 2–10 Employees

Great looking software, with full learning platform functionality, and a focus on ease of use

Comments: After trying five other LSM's which included full course implementation ( a painfully long process) we were still underwhelmed. These programs, in many cases, are old-school and very clunky. Talent LMS was modern, has a huge emphasis quickly getting the user up to speed and comfortable with the software. This is done effectively by short videos and yes, a live person, who actually cares about your success.

Pros:

The education component - how to use the software - is heads above the competition. The learning videos coupled with the "all-important" live support person were a primary reason we chose Talent LMS. We tried 5 different learning platforms. Talent LMA was a breath of fresh air. Put simply, it was - by far - the easiest to use from the initial startup through the first year of operation. There are not many negatives to this software.

Cons:

The certification template options could be improved to allow for more robust customization of the certification template. The ability to edit the certification document in real-time would be a significant improvement. Getting more user information from the course page would also be helpful. What you can see and edit for user information is a little clunky.

3 years ago

Wow, what an insightful review Jeffrey, thank you! We love hearing that TalentLMS has been a breath of fresh air after trying out so many different LMSs. It really is great that your learners were able to quickly become comfortable with the platform thanks to our short instructional videos!

Sthefany
Sthefany
Financial Advisor in US
Investment Banking, 51–200 Employees

Effective platform for corporate training

Pros:

It has the ability to enhance the training processes in my organization, virtually. It stands out for the possibility of creating virtual interaction environments suitable for each training process. It has the option of generating certificates with each approval of the training phases. The video quality of the training materials is excellent.

Cons:

This platform is very complete, but sometimes pop-up windows become a nuisance instead of helping. Its user interface can improve.

2 years ago

Thank you for your valuable feedback, Sthefany. It's great to read that TalentLMS has helped you enhance the training processes in your organization. About the UI, keep an eye out for some updates and improvements which are on our product roadmap for this year!