• Overall
    4.5 /5
    4.5 /5
    4.4 /5

About Front

Front is the first shared inbox that helps teams collaborate around every email with more transparency, accountability, and efficiency.

Learn more about Front

Marjolaine L.
Co-founder
Transportation/Trucking/Railroad, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 12/03/2020

"Best email software ever"

Comments: We have a shared inbox and we had trouble to avoid double answers and we had to forward the emails to each other or CC them on our replies so they could get informed of a conversation

Pros: Sharing emails without having to forward them, being able to have internal conversations within an email, plenty of integrations

Cons: When I need to speak to all the team, I have to create a discussion and add them all, one by one.
I'd rather have the possibility to @team within an email or a discussion to make sure they are all included.
I also whish we could find a slack inbox where we could find all the channels we have and avoid having to switch between the two softwares.

Isabel C.
Consultant
E-Learning, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 25/02/2021

"I just didn`t listen"

Comments: I intended to built the basis of a future deployment, and inserted some social medial channels... but it really is designed for a team. It is just me in this business, at the moment.

Pros: The Meeting Bird feature, that was built in after they bought that company. I was interested in using the scheduling links.

Cons: It was too much. I really did not listen to the sales rep, he warn me, literally said: if you ar going to use it only for the scheduling links features it will be an overkill. It was. Front is too much if you are just using it as an email provider.
I didn't even managed to get my partner on board so he could use the tool. As it has a two users policy.

• Reviewed on 25/02/2021
Ari P.
CTO
Legal Services, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 19/12/2019

"Shared Email Tracking without the need for tickets"

Comments: We had extremely too much email for an Outlook mailbox to handle, no SMS integration nor chat functionality. We solved all of that with Front. Now all of our communications are in one place for ease of use and management.

Pros: Front allows multiple teams within my company to manage massive amounts of email in shared mailboxes, meet or exceed customer SLAs and seamlessly integrate our communications with our management systems. We also like that we get all of the same functionality of email ticket tracking, but without the need for communicating the standard ticket responses and ids to our customers. It allows for a more personal engagement with our clients.

Cons: Our teams took sometime to get used to the new interface as it was difficult to pry Outlook out of their hands. However, once they got the hang of Front they loved the integration and tracking abilities that Outlook does not have.

Adam G.
Director of the board
Furniture, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 22/04/2020

"Great software, hard to be without"

Pros: The best part of Front is that it only adds a layer on top of already existing things, such as an e-mail inbox. Other helpdesk software systems tend to be built around their own database structures and add e-mail on top of that instead. The approach that Front uses also means that if one were to ever leave Front, every single correspondence with customers is still sitting in your e-mail account (s).

Cons: There's not really anything I've ever disliked about the software. My pet peeve is that they've raised the prices quite dramatically over the last years. I'm disappointed that software creators these days seem to lure customers in with low prices to build their base and then raise the prices once they have a big enough customer base. But all in all, the software in itself is great.

• Reviewed on 22/04/2020
Laurens P.
Backoffice employee
Consumer Electronics, 1,001-5,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 27/06/2020

"Front, a must need in your business!"

Comments: I strongly recommend using Front. Not only is the program / email-client very good, but the employees at Front are also equally capable. Through the e-mails they send and the experience I've had with their customer service, I noticed they really care about their program and what the consumer thinks of it. If you have any questions, they will answer it properly. If you have any suggestions, they will sincerely think about it. Front has impacted my work, by making my work easily manageable. I can clearly see incoming e-mails being divided into different inboxes. Everyone can have different rights, so not everyone can see how cases are handled. Furthermore I can easily search my sent e-mails, even by using formula's such as ‘from:’ or ‘to:’, which makes searching older conversations or e-mails for bigger cases very easy. This can be very though in other e-mail clients. I can conclude that my overall experience with Front is very good!

Pros: I like how everything is organized and therefore is easy to see. I can clearly see the divided inboxes on the left, making it easy to see how much work still needs to be done. Also, the e-mail conversations itself are shown like they are in e.g. iMessage or Whatsapp. This feels really familiar and makes it easy to read really long conversations. Moreover, there are many settings, which can make the difference for various different users. For example, I use the 'Paste as text' setting, so everything I paste is stripped of its formatting. I know some of my colleagues dislike this, but I love it. Furthermore, shortcuts are easy to learn and this makes it possible to work even faster. Overall, I think Front feels very intuitive, it is easy to learn, and makes e-mailing a lot easier.

Cons: At the moment, there is but 1 thing I dislike. When you’ve just sent a new e-mail, it takes a while to show up in the ‘sent’ folder. We used to be able to see that immediately. Because of the way we work, we copy and paste the text of the sent e-mail in our other systems. This delay, especially when one sends many e-mails, is particularly annoying. This is the only minor thing I think can be improved.

• Reviewed on 27/06/2020
Justin K.
Bellhop Acquisition Manager
Consumer Services, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 23/07/2019

"Front Review"

Comments: Overall, Front allows my team and I the ability to respond promptly to each mover around the country without having to switch screens.

Pros: I work at the HQ of a moving company (Bellhops) and my job consists of constantly messaging our movers in the field spread over 25+ cities around the country. The best thing about Front is the ability to prioritize messages involving conversations that are more pertinent than others. Some are urgent and need to be handled right away, and others aren't and Front allows the visibility to determine the difference. My personal favorite attribute is the 'following' inbox including all active conversations you're apart of.

Cons: It would be great to see front integrate with software used by our company so we wouldn't have to input new contacts once we hire a mover in the field. This may already be available, or in the works.

• Reviewed on 23/07/2019
Shelby B.
Senior Operations Specialist
Transportation/Trucking/Railroad, 1,001-5,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 10/08/2020

"Front is the best customer service management & email integration tool I have ever used!"

Comments: I love Front! It breaks my heart that Convoy is terminating our contact soon. We have started to development our own (very basic) email platform but it is a long way away from the standard my team is now accustomed to, based on our positive experience using Front the last two years.

Pros: I love Front's ability to display who on an email chain has read our last response (revolutionary!) & the ease at which my team can comment back and forth and converse with each other, all while hidden from our customers in the email thread. Email tagging, inbox splitting, & the infinite number of archiving and email redirection rules we can put in place keeps my team organized (& myself sane!)-- as a company that receives tens of thousands of emails a day, Front allows my operations team to truly battle the "Front lines" of customer communication.

Cons: The biggest issue we deal with is Front's occasional latency. In an industry where fast is better than perfect, the last thing my team needs is Front to be lagging or down. We have a huge backlog of archived emails (Front also acts as customer documentation platform for us) so searching information can be super tedious if the platform doesn't load or crashes. My team works to urgently solve problems and every second counts, so we cannot risk even a minute of latency.

• Reviewed on 10/08/2020
Partner Operations Manager
Financial Services, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 26/02/2020

"Best Collaborative Shared Inbox Tool out there"

Pros: The key feature that differentiates Front is that it has collaborative shared inboxes that enable us to create shared drafts, comment/communicate on threads, and manage email communications super effectively. Previously, we attempted to use Gmail to accomplish this, but Front does a great job of managing the workflow of sharing one email and collaborating effectively.

Cons: I wish there were more productivity / super-user oriented features that were more robust. There are some quirks about the workflows that make it slower for us to use. This is not a deal-breaker, but I wish it could be better.

• Reviewed on 26/02/2020
Joyce L.
Lead Product Manager
Internet, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 03/09/2020

"Best email collaboration software"

Pros: Our support team first migrated over to Front from a traditional ticketing software a couple of years ago, and we were blown away by how easy it was to use. We've since added other use cases and teams to Front, and most of our team members also use it as their main email client for their personal work emails. I also personally love the ability to automate parts of our workflow using Zapier and the Front API — it's a real game-changer.

Cons: There have been significant price increases over the last few years since we've started using the software. While we'd like to have more team members using Front, the pricing is just not feasible for us at this point. The other small thing would be very specific missing features we would love to see that just aren't supported at the moment. But that's totally understandable as our use case may not be very common.

• Reviewed on 03/09/2020
Matt P.
Manager, Customer Success Team
Information Technology & Services, 501-1,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 12/12/2018

"Front is the best tool we ever added to our team!"

Pros: Front is an amazingly powerful tool backed by a team of professionals who provide us with the ability to manage our email as a team. We work together to help our customers succeed and share an email account — with Front we're able to assign out emails, have thread-specific chats by mentioning team members and use the Sequences feature to send personalized messages to our customers. Using Front has increased our communication internally and has dramatically improved our efficiency when addressing customer requests. Sequences allow us to stay personal and deliver proactive outreach without sacrificing time.

Cons: Front is a growing company which means they roll out updates from time-to-time — anytime there are bugs they are quick to address the concerns. The CSM team and technical support have been super helpful anytime we've run into issues.

by Front on 31/01/2019

Hi Matt, thanks for taking the time to review Front! We love helping the Instructure team be so efficient :)

• Reviewed on 12/12/2018
Heather B.
Park City Office Administrator
Hospitality, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 12/03/2020

"Great value, good product, but could still use some improvements"

Comments: It has been helpful for our company to have the ability to sort our emails by market and then assign each email to the appropriate team member. It is also helpful to be able to see the number of emails in team member inboxes and when they are online, in order to better determine who may need help. Having the ability to at mention a team member or share a draft with another member of the team is helpful for the company as well.

Pros: I really like the ability to set timers for emails to reappear in my inbox, and having the ability to assign and @mention team members are also helpful features that use daily.

Cons: I still miss having actual folders. I feel like it gets confusing using tags and having my emails sometimes auto-archive. I actually missed including some invoices on my month-end statements last month, because those emails archived and I didn't see them in my open tab in under that tag. I also recently discovered that we can't use our mail merge app with Front. In our industry having the ability to use a mass-mailout software or app is very important.

• Reviewed on 30/03/2018

"Great for collab, not so great for the budget"

Pros: We love using this for syncing with Pipedrive - the implementation was easy. The powerful autoresponders are helpful as well. On any given day, we can have a different auto responder, which is great because we're always in a dedicated project on Wednesdays and out of office on Fridays. It's also a bonus that send later is active right out of the box - so when I'm working on emails after my kids are in bed they show up to my clients as sent at 7am the next morning. Set up wasn't too bad since I had already used Support Bee previously. The mobile app is solid as well, though my Android phone tells me it takes a lot of battery power. I wish it was listed as a native email provider on Andoid phones - so right now if I click on a email link in my Pipedrive App, I can't have it open in Front. Front is better than Pipedrive for sending emails since I can drop screenshots inline in emails in Front - something we do on a daily basis. I recommended this to a client who initially liked the idea that it connected with Shopify, showing order information beside each email (see cons for rest of the story). It's normal email stuff works just fine as well - removing formatting, adding bullets, bold, etc all work as expected. As an admin, I like having the ability to make sure my team is keeping on top of shared emails. Additionally, when a teammate needs some help on a message, they can share it with me to help advise them.

Cons: Buyer beware on the TOS regarding refunds. I set this up for a client and got them paid up as an annual client with several users. However, it wasn't a good fit for them. I was not pleased to find out Front does not offer pro-rated refunds, which is costing my client a lot of money and jeopardizing my relationship with them. Customer services was unsympathetic. For this reason I can't recommend Front anymore. If a user signs up with an annual plan, they will at some point be losing money, not saving it - unless they cancel on the anniversary of when they started. Just because it's in the TOS doesn't mean it's the right thing to do: Front is one of the companies that needs to learn this.

• Reviewed on 30/03/2018
Ethan K.
Customer Support Specialist + Account Manager
  • Reviewed on 30/01/2019

"Front App made my customer support job a breeze 99% of the time."

Pros: The internal commenting system was instrumental to make sure everyone on the team knew where we were with a specific ticket. The ability to build custom modules for the program allowed our dev team to hook up our customer database to Front to easily search any relevant piece of info we needed without having to leave the program.

Cons: They recently updated the UI to be more modern and user friendly, but unfortunately hid or removed a lot of the features that were in the forefront with the old design. You can still access most of them, but they now require a few extra clicks, which can interrupt work flow.

by Front on 31/01/2019

Hi Ethan, thanks for taking the time to review Front! We are so pleased to hear how we've made your job easier. And thank you for the constructive feedback on the workflow issues. Our product development team is continuously working on improvements there.

• Reviewed on 30/01/2019
Brittany Z.
Controller
Accounting, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 19/12/2019

"Front streamlines all forms of communication!"

Comments: Front allows us to automate a lot of our communication and integrates seamlessly with our workflow systems. It has kept my team organized and efficient.

Pros: I love that everything is in one place! If I need to see e-mails from multiple client inboxes, it's all in my team inboxes. I can also add as many personal inboxes as I want and all the emails show up in one inbox in Front with color tags to differentiate the actual e-mail addresses they came from. If I need to communicate with my team regarding tasks in Front, the comment tool makes it easy. I can use the Asana integration to create workflow tasks without ever leaving the Front app.

Cons: The biggest downside of Front is the pricing. It's a bit expensive for only being one piece of our operational tech stack but we think it's worth it.

Caitlin K.
Community Manager
  • Reviewed on 16/01/2018

"Would highly recommend Front to any growing business"

Pros: First, front streamlines all of our team communication in one place. It allows for teams to have visibility on incoming messages/inquiries, assign them to the appropriate staff member, and even have internal conversations/notes that are not visible to the customer. You can also set reminders, alerts (i.e. snoozing a conversation for a few days), and set time-saving canned/saved responses. It's incredibly user-friendly.

Cons: First, It's very expensive.

• Reviewed on 16/01/2018
Technical Marketing and Marketing Operations
Building Materials, 501-1,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 13/06/2018

"Collaborative Inbox for Small Team"

Pros: Front allows our small team to share an inbox of customer support emails, in addition to the calls we receive, and organize them to best see the types of emails that we are receiving. Additionally, the tags allow us to track what types of emails and calls we receive to determine our weaknesses.

Cons: I would like to see the calls and emails integrated into the same threads within the customer history page in a timeline. Additionally, I wish Front integrated with other software in a more productive manner.

• Reviewed on 13/06/2018
Founder, Curator, & Mentor, [email protected]
Media Production, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 06/05/2018

"Buggy and slow product, with lack of attention to detail"

Comments: Ability to respond to and manage emails as a team.

Pros: I can share and comment on threads with the rest of my team. As an admin, I also have granular control over users' access permissions to email inboxes.

Cons: The disregard the little details over and over again in favor of new updates. The app (iOS especially) makes me wait a lot of times when it shouldn't, making it feel slow in stark contrast to other mail apps. Things don't load instantly. Contacts aren't cached. Their UI designers blatantly disregard Android / iOS / Mac / web design conventions (which are there for a reason) in favor of their own convoluted system. Their release notes are boring and they make me update my app even when it's perfectly usable (this condescending attitude is particularly annoying). Many of these small glitches have actually led to catastrophic disasters within my team like unwittingly sending followup emails ("sequences") to 200+ recipients. My advice to them: focus on stabilizing your current, buggy product rather than trying to introduce a million features that don't work 100%.

• Reviewed on 06/05/2018
Steve H.
Merchant Success Manager
Information Technology & Services, 5,001-10,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 20/04/2020

"Main connection to all my tools"

Pros: I love how Front connects to my Google Calendar, Salesforce, Workday, and now Zoom!

Cons: There are product releases almost weekly. I feel the team at Front takes customer feedback seriously and iterates/enhances their platform on a regular basis.

• Reviewed on 20/04/2020
Catherine P.
Operations support representative
Real Estate, 1,001-5,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 02/04/2020

"Front"

Comments: Everything's okay it's almost perfect except for their customer support. No one's there and you need to wait 4-5 hours before they respond.

Pros: Front's really easy to use! Really helps us with everyday work.

Cons: Updating without permission. Outages. The front always has an outage.

• Reviewed on 02/04/2020
Russ M.
Nurse Advocate Team Lead
Hospital & Health Care, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 29/08/2020

"Front Lines"

Pros: Front is great categorizing and assigning inbound messages in an efficient manner. I especially love the tag feature.

Cons: I wish there were better user statistics. I want to know how often a customer is engaged by my team and what that cadence is but there doesn't seem to be an easy/intuitive way to do this.

• Reviewed on 29/08/2020
Support Hero
Outsourcing/Offshoring, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 26/06/2018

"Has helped organize email queues and gives access for all hands in the team to work alongside"

Comments: It helped clean email queues faster

Pros: It facilitates the visibility of tickets for the whole team.
Helps teammates collaborate and input opinions about what is the most appropriate response for one email.
Maintains queues organized and separated.

Cons: The amount of inboxes can be overwhelming if not all are used.
Open tickets might sometimes be dismissed or forgotten due to the fact they are already assigned to someone else.

• Reviewed on 26/06/2018
Business Development Representative
  • Reviewed on 06/11/2020

"Front is aptly named~"

Comments: It can be super helpful to better communication within your org and connecting other forms of communication like Facebook chat.

Pros: The integration with Zapier will make your life a lot easier. I used it to automate text messages that were personalized.

Cons: It does just sit on top of gmail. I'm not sure if it's helpful for the everyday user gmail user. It helps connect your team and people on other teams though!

• Reviewed on 06/11/2020
Daniel m.j. B.
  • Reviewed on 03/12/2015

"The Future of Email"

Comments: After being a loyal user of Front since I came across their website about a year ago, I couldn't even imagine using another email client. Front has made a tremendous impact with a number of organizations I consult with, significantly improving internal communications between team members and improving efficiency... in fact, I constantly find myself recommending Front to people I am speaking with. The team at Front actively listens and implements feedback from their users. They are constantly shipping new integrations and improvements. I would highly recommend Front for any organization looking to stay innovative, it's going to be the future of email.

Pros: Easy to use
Always updating
Always adding new integrations
Great user interface
Mobile app
Affordable

Cons: I can no longer use any other email clients

• Reviewed on 03/12/2015
Real Estate, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 24/09/2020

"Front"

Comments: Switching from Freshdesk to Front was seamless for us. It's a clean experience and so simple to use.

Pros: We have loved how easy it is to collaborate with our team on emails. It is simple to assign emails, add tags, leave notes, and transfer between teams.

Cons: If you unassign yourself from an email you will still get notifications unless you specifically "mute & archive" the email.

• Reviewed on 24/09/2020
Jennifer G.
Legal Services, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 26/08/2020

"We LOVE Front!"

Comments: Overall, we are VERY happy with Front and honestly don't know how we went this long without using it.

Pros: Front helps us organize emails on a level we never knew was possible. It assists with workflow and avoids emails getting lost or not addressed.

Cons: There is a learning curve, and there are some features it does not have that we think would definitely help it be more robust.

• Reviewed on 26/08/2020