• Overall

About Thinkific

Thinkific is an all-in-one platform that empowers experts & teachers to quickly create and deliver stunning courses on their own sites.

Learn more about Thinkific

Healthcare Virtual Assistant
Medical Practice, 1,001-5,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 08/07/2021

"Best Training App"

Comments: Able to help healthcare virtual assistants like me when it comes to in-depth training. Very informative.

Pros: I loved that I'm able to learn with user-friendly features of the app. I'm able to watch informative videos that are included on certain topics everyday. I also loved the features when taking a quiz which makes me pay attention to details to pass it before proceeding to a next topic.

Cons: Not much least favorite. I'm satisfied with all the features.

• Reviewed on 08/07/2021
Sherrie L.
  • Reviewed on 03/05/2017
  • Reviewed on 03/05/2017
Melissa K.
Sr. Manager of Medical Education
E-Learning, 11-50 Employees

"It works for us!"

Pros: It's fairly easy to use! User experience is positive, many people follow up with us re: the learning experience.

Cons: It's difficult at times to find the right menu or location for what I might need at the time.

• Reviewed on 05/05/2017

"It's been a very positive experience so far!"

Pros: I can set up my own course without paying any fees. I also like that it is very user friendly especially for me as a first time course creator.

Cons: I don't see any examples of courses for first time course creators. I would like to see a successful course that has been created to use as an example of how a well put together course would look.

• Reviewed on 05/05/2017
Kaylyn A.
Executive Admin. Assistant
  • Reviewed on 24/06/2018

"Used this software to develop training courses for on-boarding."

Comments: Good for holding course and training content for on-boarding.

Pros: Free-trial allows you to upload course content (a good amount) and make available to new-hires in training.

Cons: Uploading video content is limited to size and file type. A few times certain video's would not play or only play a few minutes and crash.

• Reviewed on 24/06/2018
Marketing & Advertising, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 08/10/2019

"Think less, and be efficient with Thinkfic"

Comments: Delivering digital marketing courses to entrepreneurs

Pros: I like that it provides an easy to use product deliver platform, which the users get good benefits from. You can setup reminders and that encourages users to go back if they left a course.

Cons: Have not really much bad to say other than even more functionality could be in place, but it is really nice as it is.

• Reviewed on 08/10/2019
Ron M.
  • Reviewed on 16/11/2020

"Great tool for building and deploying educational courses and content"

Pros: The ease of use of the software is definitely the best aspect of Thinkific.

Cons: I found numerous bugs and availability issues during my use of the software. Hopefully over time this will improve greatly. There are a few growing pains with all of the recent changes to the way our nation delivers learning.

• Reviewed on 16/11/2020
Rahel W.
  • Reviewed on 28/02/2021

"Course creation made easy"

Comments: It makes creating course content for my clients easy and fun because I have so many different options in how I can present the information to them.

Pros: The software offers many different ways to present your course information to your customers. It's really easy to navigate and the tutorial at the beginning of the account setup is very helpful.

Cons: I would love it if the software had the ability to create single products for example PDF products or books or guides.

• Reviewed on 28/02/2021
Therese K.
Website Designer
Internet, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 18/03/2021

"User friendly for users and administrators"

Pros: As a course user, I like how easy it is to navigate. As a course owner I appreciate how easy it was to put my course together.

Cons: There's nothing that stands out as a real negative.

Andrew j. S.
Online Course Creator
  • Reviewed on 18/03/2021

"Customer Support is Top-Notch"

Pros: Easy issues are easily resolved by referencing online documents, harder issues are easily resolved by connecting with a representative over the phone.

Cons: Overall great...I do think there is a slight learning curve to using it, maybe a guided set-up would be helpful.

Elmari C.
Sexologist
Medical Practice, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 23/03/2021

"It's worth it!"

Comments: I was pleasantly surprised at all the features and how user friendly they are

Pros: Thikific is really easy to use even if you are not a technological boffin. It has great features and the support is awesome.

Cons: It does take a bit of time to familiarize yourself with the program but it is worth it

• Reviewed on 23/03/2021
Ricardo P.
HSE Advisor
1,001-5,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 06/06/2018

"Thinkific is very easy to use for non technical people."

Pros: Easy to use, I may host my videos directly with no extra cost, visual is fantastic and intuitive. The software is complete which include marketing, learning and webpage tools. even the hosting is included.

Cons: The use of SCORM could be have more functionality like others with hosting direct in the thinkific like they do for videos.

• Reviewed on 06/06/2018
Barbi G.
Writer, Administrative Assistant
Internet, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 11/05/2018

"Thinkific offers the option to create course content to share with others."

Comments: Thinkific is a great program to use to create course content. It offers flexibility and various options when creating courses for others.

Pros: The ease of use in creating course content - adding lessons, videos, images, and more. It is a great program to start with even if you are new to creating a course.

Cons: It would be nice to see more options in how your "course" appears to others, such as having themes to choose from.

• Reviewed on 11/05/2018
Kofi H.
CEO/Founder
  • Reviewed on 16/11/2017

"In general a pleasant warm and positive experience"

Comments: Further motivation to pursue the training and hopefully the course.
I want to acquire the same customer relations skills that they seem to effortlessly have and exhibit.
So far in my understanding . I am encouraged to pursue y search further.

Pros: The step by step guide is very helpful. Also the staff is all over you wanteing to give a helping hand. I am of the view that the software will help me develop a great course and to teach it or them

Cons: The software could do with some simplification and streamline oftions made available. The great thing is that it does not have too many negative characteristics. Also when members of the team contact audiences they could indicate their relationship with the rest of the team, in particular the individual one just contacted.

• Reviewed on 16/11/2017
Kate M.
Intuitive Professional
  • Reviewed on 16/03/2018

"Excellent! Easy to Use! Responsive Support!"

Pros: I really like how simple it was to create an online course. All I had to do was create the content and Thinkific supplied the platform to present it in a clarified and seamless way. Also, the customer support has been outstanding!

Cons: I haven't had too much natural traffic come across my course. Maybe upping the marketing game a bit so I have other marketing resources to connect with. Not necessary, just a thought.

• Reviewed on 16/03/2018
Ionie W.
  • Reviewed on 18/05/2017

"Why I use Thinkific"

Pros: The turn-around time for feedback to queries was awesome. It ranged from a few minutes to a couple of hours. I received numerous links for support and resources which were really helpful. The support team is efficient and very resourceful. They are genuinely interested in your progress and success. Having engaged in an online webinar, I realised how easy the platform is to use. The Facebook Group is a great resource. The participants are friendly and I learn so much from them. I look forward to actually launching my first courses.

• Reviewed on 18/05/2017
Associate Veterinarian
  • Reviewed on 13/03/2019

"Amazing Course Builder for new users"

Comments: I’ve done a lot of online courses, so when it came to designing my own I had strong ideas about what I wanted it to look like for my students. Thinkific is easy to learn, has great customization and superb customer service. Even on the free plan they answer your questions immediately and incorporate feedback you give them in their updates.

Pros: Easy to learn. Amazing customer service. Frequent updates.

Cons: Some of the customization requires coding. The help library sometimes doesn’t have what your looking for.

• Reviewed on 13/03/2019
Marketing Consultant
  • Reviewed on 12/02/2019

"Thinkifc is a good starter LMS"

Pros: I think its easy to use and I like the fact that they have a free option for course creators who are just getting started.

Cons: There are limitations with the functionality. For instance, there is not a full sales funnel integration like what kajabi has. But I think they are priced accordingly.

• Reviewed on 12/02/2019
E-Learning, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 28/03/2019

"Just focus on creating content and leave the rest to Thinkific"

Pros: If you're coming from WordPress ecosystem, you know the pain. Keep on adding plugins-after-plugins and keep paying for them yearly and keep maintaining them, patching security holes that pop up often. If then you get some time, then create content for your members. With Thinkific, you need not worry about the umpteen admin issues of WordPress at all; just focus on content creation and leave the rest to the Thinkific platform. Hassle free piece of LMS.

Cons: - They may want to look into the pricing structure.
- For those educaters who can't accept Stripe for some reason, try to come up with a model whereby you accept payment on our behalf and then send our payments later on.

• Reviewed on 28/03/2019
Emmani W.
Coach
  • Reviewed on 03/06/2021

"Love it"

Comments: Love it so much- I take courses and make my own course

Pros: Easy to use and explains everything very very well- the best platform I’ve used so far for my business

Cons: Nothing to complain about except not needing so many videos to split it up but to turn it into a pro makes it shorter and brings my clients attention back

• Reviewed on 03/06/2021
Abigail N.
Consultant Digital Strategy & Customer Engagement
11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 07/12/2017

"Thinkific is easy to use, the interface is friendly both for the administrator and for the users."

Comments: I get to sell my courses to students directly and receive a hire percentage than I would on Udemy and Skillshare.

Pros: I needed to create online courses to sell directly to students rather than putting all my eggs in one basket... in this case 2 baskets; Udemy and Skillshare. I began looking for cheap or free LMS system, and after vetting my options I was down to two choices Thinkific and Teachable. Thinkific isn't as popular as Teachable so I was already partial, expecting less from it than Teachable. I was surprised that Thinkific was the better option.
Thinkific is easy to use, intuitive and very user-friendly, they have lots of resources on how to create courses. I hit a snag in the video production phase of my courses and I was surprised when they reached out to me, I explained that I hadn't been online as I was still creating my course and they sent links to resources that would help. That was a biggy for me, as I really needed that.
The staff and the software itself has been amazing.

Cons: Non really, at least for now. I'm on the free plan which has limited features, I'd need to upgrade to fully explore its capabilities but for now, I'm content

• Reviewed on 07/12/2017
Katie M.
Religious Institutions, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 02/07/2018

"Love it!"

Comments: I got leads into students who enjoyed this platform. I really loved setting up courses and I think this is a great product.

Pros: I really like how easy this system is; they have done a lot to make their platform easy to use. The free plan is good.
Pro's:
Easy to use & navigate
Helpful tutorials
Helpful webinars and manuals to help you get the most and market your courses
Clean crisp look
Responsive for mobile, tablet, and pc's

Cons: Pricing for me was the only con; I had purchased a lifetime subscription to another course building platform and decided to switch to that otherwise i'd still be using thinkific.

• Reviewed on 02/07/2018
Heather H.
Content Marketing Manager
Real Estate, 501-1,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 30/10/2019

"Great for out-of-the-box solution"

Comments: At a previous employer, I chose Thinkific to build out a model for a course my CEO wanted to test before commissioning an app. While the final product wasn't quite as smooth as what we were working toward, it looked great for an ecourse and was light years beyond anything the competition was producing. It was easy to use and integrated beautifully with other apps through Zappier.

Pros: Thinkific was incredibly easy to use to create a professional course and corresponding website. It was well laid out and actually made the process enjoyable. I was especially pleased with how the website turned out and how seamlessly it integrated with the course.

Cons: There was very little I disliked about the platform. It was difficult to tailor the course quite the way I wanted it at times, but I could always find a workaround.

• Reviewed on 30/10/2019
Michelle G.
Marketing & Advertising, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 21/01/2021

"Outstanding course-hosting platform that makes your life easy"

Comments: Overall the experience has been excellent over the past four years. I have to add that the Thinkific Helpdesk is genuinely helpful, and their response time is lightning fast. They have an option for "how urgent is your issue?" when you submit your help ticket, and if you select "urgent," they actually get back to you very quickly, as in, within a few hours. This is essential when your income comes from your course website and you need help updating or fixing something!

Pros: I love that Thinkific is comprehensive so I get to focus on content creation and student outreach. Thinkific manages the payment portal and moves students smoothly through the course experience. In a lot of ways, it's set-it-and-forget-it, meaning - once you have a course set up the way you want inside Thinkific, students move through it beautifully and all you have to worry about is getting new students!

Cons: My only suggestion for Thinkific would be to provide a few more options for testimonials layouts on the sales/landing pages. I'd like more flexibility and options to showcase or emphasize certain student experiences... but otherwise, I wouldn't change anything.

• Reviewed on 21/01/2021
Jessie L.
Health, Wellness & Fitness, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 09/01/2021

"Launched my first course!"

Comments: Overall I'm super happy with my experience. I've spent the last few months editing my course based on feedback from the beta and am almost done setting up my first official launch. Excited to keep growing here!

Pros: I spent last year writing my first professional training course and was looking for a platform to use for the beta run. I wanted something that could handle the multi-media aspect of the delivery of my course, but that was also easy to set up for a non-techy beginner as I didn't have an assistant to set it up for me. Thinkific fit this need perfectly.

Cons: If anything the aesthetic of the platform could be a bit better (personal preference). While it is easy to follow it's just not as sleek as I'd like. And as a non-web-designer, I'd like to be able to customize the course landing pages to fit my brand with a bit more DIY ease.

• Reviewed on 09/01/2021