Filter by:

• Overall

About CMiC

CMiC offers a unified, purpose-built ERP & Field management software platform for companies that serve the construction industry.

Learn more about CMiC

Engineer in US

Great for project teams

5 3 years ago

Comments: Overall CMiC has been beneficial in my current role. With this system I am much more efficient in tracking documents and project financials all on one platform.

Pros:

CMiC has a tremendous amount of tools encompassed in the software. The ability for project teams to work within the software simultaneously helps to enhance the user experience. This comes in handy when you have multiple subcontractors and/or project team members who all need to view the same documents.

Cons:

Although a great tool, CMiC is a fairly robust software. New users should be prepared to spend a good amount of time learning the ins and outside of the software to really become proficient with it.

Senior Project Coordinator in US
Construction, 1,001-5,000 Employees

I use CMIC every day.

4 4 years ago

Comments: Everything we do, from accounting to document management is completed in CMIC. We are able to save everything in CMIC for years, so this also helps with document storage.

Pros:

Once there is an understanding of the product, it is very easy to use. The functionality is very useful for large construction companies.

Cons:

Upside down question marks when copying and pasting from word documents. Also, the Java sections are a bit dated.

Project Engineer in US

It is a great product!

4 4 years ago

Comments: Being able to do RFIs, Submittals, PCI logs, Owner Change orders, Subcontractor change orders etc. It's all in one place!

Pros:

It helps keep everything in one place. You can do meeting minutes, RFIs, submittals, and take care of billing.

Cons:

Sometimes it takes a while for things to update after you click on them. Maybe has to do with internet speed as well but wouldn't entirely blame internet speed.

Mary D.
Administrative Assistant in Canada

CMiC - Powerful Construction Management Software

5 5 years ago

Comments: I have been using CMiC since 2009 and was a member of the Pirtle Implementation Team. I assist with training, procedure and reports of the Project Management module. At first some new trainees can be overwhelmed, but they soon find that this software can automate many tasks and improve efficiency. Employees who have moved on to "non-CMiC" companies have expressed how much they miss the software.

Pros:

CMiC has the capability to capture as many details as the user desires and then provides exceptional reporting capabilities. I especially appreciate the uploading of documentation to CMiC and linking it directly to applicable records.

Dawn F.
Business Systems Analyst in

CMiC

5 4 years ago

Comments: Make sure you have dedicated team members from all aspects of your business that can see the project all the way through the implementation.

Pros:

CMiC is a great ERP solution for the construction industry. The cost management portion is great and easy for the user to comprehend. CMiC also does a great job supporting their customers and have top-notch account reps.

Cons:

1. Hidden costs - i.e. adapters 2. Error messages are not always intuitive, which wastes our time troubleshooting as well as the CMiC support teams.

James F.
VP, CTO in
Construction, 1,001-5,000 Employees

James Farrell's Review

5 4 years ago

Comments: If you need a highly customizable ERP for a large general contracting application, be sure to consider CMiC.

Pros:

CMiC is a highly customizable, versatile ERP for General Contractors. High level of customization, in an integrated solution, specifically targeted to general contractors.

Cons:

The scope and complexity of the platform create difficulties in accessing data and makes updates labor intensive.

Alex V.
Project Engineer in US

I use CMiC daily for managing money associated with construction projects.

4 3 years ago

Pros:

The feature that I like most about using CMiC is how much information associated with my project is easily accessible in the program. Contracts are stored in the program and multiple financial reports are easy to collect with a click of the button.

Cons:

If you are new to using the program, it is hard to utilize the software right out of the gate. Getting started with CMiC is not the easiest to navigate. This program is very smart and there is a lot of information stored within it.

Mike P.
Assistant Project Manager in

Great product

5 4 years ago

Comments: Enjoy! It's a great program, glad I recommended it to Focus Construction.

Pros:

Makes everything nice and easy to manage costs and submittals and everything in between! Three things I really like about CMiC: - Cost Reports - Submittal tracking - RFI tracking

Cons:

- Some of the forms do not look good when printed - Need quicker resolution on issues - Meeting minutes could use some tweaking

Lori M.
Project Engineer in Canada

Project Management

5 5 years ago

Comments: We just started using the software a year ago and it is a continuous learning experience. There are so many options/opportunities for us to streamline our business. We have just begun to touch the surface of everything CMiC has to offer. I believe CMiC has already made our team more efficient in so many areas...ie; time management, communication, paperless and much more.

Pros:

The ease of use.

Rashid K.
Sr. Project Engineer in
Construction, 11-50 Employees

My Thoughts as a constant user

5 5 years ago

Comments: Definitely take a look into it.

Pros:

CMiC has been very helpful in it's use. I like that it's constantly evolving and they're finding better ways to use it. The team has been responsive in any issues we may have.

Cons:

Dashboard takes a while to load. A lot of places to do the same thing (or at least I think it's the same). Enterprise and Cloud are a little confusing.

Akshay K.
Project Engineer in
Construction, 11-50 Employees

It is a software which is user friendly after you learn all the ins and outs of it.

5 4 years ago

Comments: Learn it from the beginning and ask questions if something is unclear.

Pros:

1. Easy Navigation 2. Everything can be linked to each other 3. Reports can be customized.

Cons:

1. Some functions which need to be customized cant be changed. 2. Some reports need to be improved.

Mike N.
Chief Estimator in US
Construction, 11-50 Employees

There are MUCH better options out there.............. did someone say PROCORE ?

1 last year

Comments: This software was in operation when i joined the company and the internal IT department messed with it on a weekly basis to try to modify a round peg into a square hole. It was a daily nightmare. Maybe if it was unmolested and used for what it was intended it may be useful but that was not my experience.
I am no longer with that organization and thankfully no longer using Cmi C

Pros:

Unfortunately I have nothing positive to say about this software based on four (4) years of using it on a daily basis.

Cons:

Way too complicated for simple procedures Same info has to be manually entered on every line on the same project Way too many drop downs to enter a simple value Not remotely use friendly No cell were auto populated - everything had to be entered multiple times Excessive waste of time entering the same basic info multiple times

Diana S.
Project Coordinator in

Excellent

5 5 years ago

Comments: For Project Management CMIC is excellent.
For accounting - you really need to learn the software

Pros:

I like the fact that everything is one place, and you can link things.

Cons:

The reminders are not that good, need improvement. The compliances are not easy to update

Joseph V.
Senior Project Manager in

Joes Review

5 4 years ago

Comments: keep at it. it gets easier the more you use it

Pros:

I'm getting more experienced with it every day. I believe it will be much easier once I start my next project fresh with what I've learned. I like the ability to track changes and the fact that everything is in one central hub/database.

Cons:

Once you post there is no way to make a change (for mistakes). finding the right report.

Richard W.
Project Engineer in
Construction, 11-50 Employees

For submittal tracking it is very good

4 5 years ago

Comments: As a project engineer, I used the CMiC software mostly for RFI's and submittals. The format is customizable. The tracking on the submittals is excellent. There was a lot to the program that went unused and seemed to have potential given more time to explore. Overall I found it to be a very good tracking software with the tools necessary to produce forms as you prefer.

Pros:

I was able to pick up and learn the software with no formal training

Shauna S.
Accountant in
Construction, 501-1,000 Employees

4 4 years ago

Comments: It's very easy to use however, expect some links to need to be worked out.

Pros:

My experience with the software has been good, however, there are some kinks that need to be worked out. Unfortunately the performance of the software varies where identifying a problem in CMiC has to be escalated to support. 1.) Ease of use. 2.) Ease of journal entries. Clearly formatted. 3.) Internet-based - can be accessed from anywhere.

Cons:

1.) Lack of consistency in some of the processes such as job billing. 2.) Slow downs in the software that we are not notified about until we contact support.

Boyd P.
Superintendent in
Construction, 11-50 Employees

Does what i need it to do

5 5 years ago

Comments: I work with it in the field and it has the reports and job requirements I need to stay organized.

Pros:

RFI, weekly meetings and daily reports

Cons:

pop up windows

Alberto L.
PM in
Construction, 51-200 Employees

Good

5 5 years ago

Comments: Work well and is very powerful. Take the time to learn the software.

Pros:

Submittal tracking

Sr. Project Manager; Estimator; LEED AP, OSHA 30 in US
Construction

Sometimes I feel that there are too many navigational panes options.

3 4 years ago

Pros:

What I like most is the detail in the job cost reports as well as the drill down detail options. Cost affordable.

Cons:

Having used both Procore and CMIC , CMIC seam to take longer to understand how to navigate through.

Veronica B.
Admin in Canada
Used the Software for: Not provided

A+ on CMiC Software

5 5 years ago

Comments: At first it was a learning in process but I now understand the software and was a great update. Fast to learn and very easy to work with.

Jean M.
Payroll/Accounts Payable in US

New user

4 4 years ago

Comments: Which training is done & we have some time under our belt - I think the system will be great!

Pros:

I am a new user. Once you understand how the systems works, the process is very similar no matter which area you are working in.

Cons:

So much detail to figure out just to get started! Not knowing when you decide to enter something how it will effect other area's.

Tracy Z.
Controller in Canada

Shangri-La Construction Review

5 5 years ago

Comments: I haven't completed the full training as of yet, but the training that I have received has been great! I look forward to going live, having more complete and accurate reports. BUT, also remember that what you put into the system is what generates results too.

Pros:

Not as difficult to learn as JD Edwards.

Cons:

I don't have any Cons yet.

Josie H.
Payroll Administrator in
Construction, 501-1,000 Employees

Unreliable and riddled with bugs

1 4 years ago

Comments: Glitchy beyond belief. Terrible IT support that can’t seem to calculate our payroll and report job costs accurately on a regular basis. We are almost a year into dealing with ongoing software issues.

Cons:

Miscalculations in their reports!!! We create spreadsheets that provide more accurate reporting. Ongoing software issues has cost thousands in lost productivity. We are less efficient using CMiC software.

Lisa B.
Receptionist in Canada

Easy to Process

5 5 years ago

Comments: My experience with CMIC has been wonderful, once I was trained on how to use the system it was very easy and easy to troubleshoot when something is rejected.

Pros:

No paper

Gregg C.
IT Administrator in US

A large construction firm I worked with implemented CMiC and we were very happy.

4 4 years ago

Pros:

The integration to our established accounting system worked very well. I am able to submit payment requests and track them through the system.

Cons:

The GUI is not the sharpest, but flashy isn't always better. I believe in function over form in the end.