Fivestars Reviews

by Fivestars Loyalty

• Overall
    4.6 /5
    4.6 /5
    4.5 /5

About Fivestars

Need a better way to reach your customers? Fivestars brings customers back 2x more often and acquires new ones, too!

Learn more about Fivestars

Showing 25 reviews of 1,203

Human Capital Services Senior Consultant
Accounting, 1,001-5,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 23/03/2020

"Customer impact has been amazing"

Comments: I would highly recommend using this product for promotional/marketing campaigns, notices, and general communication.

Pros: Fivestars makes contacting, promoting, and engaging our customers extremely easy. We send out weekly promotional emails to clients through their messaging platform and we have proved out noticeable engagement increases for our key clients and target markets.

Cons: The only con I can really think of is that sometimes trying to contact customer/user support can be difficult when issues or bugs arise. I have only come across a few negligible bugs, so not a huge deal, but it would be great if they built our a support chat bot function to address these concerns.

• Reviewed on 23/03/2020
Alex R.
  • Reviewed on 17/07/2018

"We been with five stars for over four years now. Minus a few quirks, we'd do it all over again!"

Comments: I cannot stress how valuable a solid email list is. Combine that with selective marketing and Five Stars continues to strive for my business.

Pros: It has been so long that I am really not sure but I think, the box doesn't even come with instructions. It's one of those things that really is that simple. When we first subscribed to the service I was like, what's up with the cost? I love being wrong, I was way wrong. This does the job of three employees and doesn't have "a family emergency" every Sunday. It gets down to the core of marketing. Gather your data base and learn from your customers. We really enjoy being able target specific emails or sms to your allocated groups. If someone hasn't been through your doors in a while. The dang computer sends them a sweet old "come back and see us message on it's own!" Come on!

Cons: Okay, let's talk about it. It's more expensive than some of it's competitors. (After having s few, I'd rather pay the extra.) And dang it guys. Please someone in the IT department schedule updates during non-business hours. Pretty, pretty please.

• Reviewed on 17/07/2018
Marcus K.
Senior Partner At Mad Ox Games & Comics
  • Reviewed on 24/07/2018

"We have increased our customer satisfaction greatly, and easu/"

Comments: customer frequency has increased greatly. Quarterly customers become monthly, and monthly customers become weekly. It adds up quickly. Customers enjoy the rewards programs, because it requires no membership card, and it is easy to redeem rewards.

Pros: Ease of use. My staff required nearly zero training on this product, and the down time for the hardware is less than 1% of our operational time.

Cons: It is a little pricey. That is why I rated it 4 stars for value at cost. But, it is very worth the expense. The question about how often do we use the software does not allow for our actual frequency of use which is closer to "every 5 minutes" than Daily, which was the most frequent response allowed.

• Reviewed on 24/07/2018
Tammy W.
  • Reviewed on 22/10/2019

"Fivestar is a must have"

Comments: Our experience has been great with Fivestar. The customer service is top notch.

Pros: The Fivestar system is a definite asset for retail businesses. Customers love to get rewarded for shopping and this system makes that easy to do. It is very user friendly to both the customer and the employees.
The ability to send messages via text or email sets this system above all others.

Cons: The only down side to this system, is the monthly fee. There is a base fee plus a charge per usage.

• Reviewed on 22/10/2019
Peter B.
Admin
  • Reviewed on 30/10/2019

"Keep Customers Engaged"

Comments: We are capturing and retaining our customers' information so that we can better serve and engage them.

Pros: I visited a lot of restaurants and teahouses that used Fivestars and it got me thinking about using it for the coffee shop we have. It's been an awesome tool to reward loyal customers, and keep others coming back for more great deals that we have.

Cons: I have liked Fivestars so far and I don't think I have a complaint about it. It's even good to list nearby deals for our loyal customers.

• Reviewed on 30/10/2019
Jorge C.
  • Reviewed on 07/08/2019

"Good back up for keeping track of your customers"

Comments: It worked pretty well for our business for about a year after we upgraded our POS and migrated our customer database in we no longer needed five stars, unfortunately. But it works

Pros: It keeps track of emails of customers and gives them automatic points based on how muchoney they spent, or how many visits, you can custom this however you want

Cons: Most POS systems already come with a customer loyalty program, and sometimes its easier to use those than five stars. If you have the extra cash for the service do it.

• Reviewed on 07/08/2019
Coty T.
  • Reviewed on 12/09/2019

"Great option for loyalty programs!"

Comments: Overall, Fivestars has given us the chance to reward our customers and a great price and and an awesome way to manage our promos and program! I'd highly recommend them!

Pros: Fivestars made creating and managing our loyalty program in store so fun and easy! It allows us to create promotions, coupons, track loyalties, and customize every aspect of our program!

Cons: Using this software, I have no experienced anything about this that we did not like. It has been a very pleasant and fun experience

• Reviewed on 12/09/2019
Marci S.
Store Manager
  • Reviewed on 10/04/2019

"Fivestar"

Comments: Great product. Highly recommend

Pros: Very user friendly. Easy to access customers accounts.

Cons: Can't change the customer information ourselves.

• Reviewed on 10/04/2019
Carlos L.
Food & Beverages
  • Reviewed on 29/11/2016

"Awesome program"

Comments: Five stars is easy to use, and has many tools to help track customers and help growth. Customer service is top notch.

Pros: Ease of use

Cons: Wish i could integrate with revelpos.

• Reviewed on 29/11/2016
Daniel G.
Vice President

"Excellent Program"

Comments: The fivestars program has been instrumental in creating incremental sales for our business. We're very happy with the way things have gone and have been surprised at how easy it is to convince new signups. Definitely worth the money for our business.

Pros: Ease of use. Ease of use for customer.

Cons: Cost. Customers who do not "opt in" initially are difficult to get opted in in the future. There should be more powerful ways to analyze data after promotions on the back end.

General Manager
  • Reviewed on 30/09/2019

"Fivestars review"

Comments: Fivestars was easy to set up and our customers really liked it.

Pros: Fivestars is great for scheduling announcements, creating and maintaining a loyalty program and keeping in touch with your customer base.

Cons: It's on the expensive side, which is a negative aspect for small businesses. It does work well but I'm not sure if it's worth the expense.

• Reviewed on 30/09/2019
Jaime P.
Optician
Hospital & Health Care, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 19/03/2019

"A1 service!!!"

Comments: I am satisfied beyond all belief!!!

Pros: The accessibility and easy to use functions make this system a must have for all business owners!! Keeps in touch with clients via remote messages. Making them aware of special offers or time based offers that benefit the consumer.

Cons: Nothing!!! This system is amazing!! Will recommend the all my business owner friends and colleagues!

• Reviewed on 19/03/2019
Sheria M.
Bank Teller
Banking, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 01/04/2019

"Software review"

Pros: Easy to use, the software doesn't lag out when I try to use it.

Cons: Not enough coupons offered, I would use it more if more coupons were offered

• Reviewed on 01/04/2019
Travel Consultant
Hospitality, 10,000+ Employees
  • Reviewed on 12/04/2019

"Five Stars Rating"

Comments: Again love the ability to use at multiple vendors.

Pros: Love that you can use this program for multiple vendors. Each vendor allows you to choose how you would like to apply your reward points from select options (I.e. dollars off product, or BOGO, or percentage off entire purchase), or allows you to continue accumulating points towards the next tier of discounts.

Cons: The APP did not have any additional, useful, services that I don’t already have access to during the checkout process.

• Reviewed on 12/04/2019
Recruiter
Food & Beverages, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 18/07/2018

"User friendly and beneficial!"

Comments: perks and gifts and deals at places I already like to spend my money at!

Pros: I like how easy it is to use quickly (connected to phone number) and easily take advantage of perks and rewards at places you frequent.

Cons: Nothing I can think of at this time- maybe there could be a quicker way to sign in at locations rather than typing in phone number, but not sure how that would work.

• Reviewed on 18/07/2018
Bianca Z.
nursing student at york university
Hospital & Health Care, 10,000+ Employees
  • Reviewed on 22/08/2019

"review of fivestars"

Comments: fivestars is a great rewards program but only if you are a regular at certain places

Pros: what i like about fivestars is that you can get reward points for visiting certain places regularly, such as Coco for bubble tea!

Cons: what i don't like about fivestars is that every time, you have to input your phone number, which can become kind of annoying

• Reviewed on 22/08/2019
Tina H.
Consumer
Music, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 31/10/2019

"Love the rewards, confused by extra options"

Comments: I love Fivestars because I get offers from my favorite stores via email at at the store. I feel like I'm winner!

Pros: I love that the places I love to go offer rewards and all I have to do to earn them is punch my number in at the counter on the separate Fivestar machine. I really like the machine. I don't like carrying punch cards.

Cons: I don't like that it offers other, sometimes offers from businesses next door, that I'm not interested in. I don't like that there's a timer, because it makes me feel rushed and confused, like I have to make a decision about something, even if I don't. I don't like that it offers me another deal about another store while I'm trying to pay at a counter.

• Reviewed on 31/10/2019
Apparel & Fashion, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 10/10/2018

"Fivestars"

Pros: The software is easy to use and our customer base loves the rewards earned

Cons: The monthly fee is high compared to other reward programs.

• Reviewed on 10/10/2018
Colin A.
Phlebotomist
Hospital & Health Care, 5,001-10,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 25/02/2020

"5/5 Stars"

Comments: Fivestars is good when you want to check out deals nearby. Helped to get a lot more for a lot less

Pros: This software is great for getting the most bang for your buck. Companies that use Fivestars really help to reel in customers to take advantage of all they have to offer.

Cons: Sometimes companies opt out of using fivestars. And as users, they don’t notify us to use our points before the company opts out. Resulting in waste of points and eventually loss of customers.

• Reviewed on 25/02/2020
Loc T.
Food & Beverages, 11-50 Employees

"Great rewards tool"

Comments: Makes customers have a connection to your establishment and brings continuous business. It's really been great for us on the front end and back end customer support. I tell all of our friends that owns restaurants to try it out and see the results.

Pros: Simple and email customer campaigns.

Cons: New software update made process slower than when we first started using it.

Barry I.
Placement Specialist
Civic & Social Organization, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 22/04/2019

"Easy, Clear, Quick and Useful"

Comments: I saw the device on the counter of the bakery and was offered to sign up. It was so fast and easy and was to replace their former method of rewards which was an orange card for my wallet that I sometimes forgot to pull out and, therefore, lost out on my full benefit. With this device right there, I have never forgotten to punch in.

Pros: The fact that I no longer have to carry yet another card in my wallet and try to remember to get it stamped each time I order a breakfast sandwich or lunch.

Cons: It seems like not many venders in this area use it yet so I am only able to use it at the primary store where I signed up for it. But that's okay too because the benefit there is great for me - as in I get a free loaf of bread at 80 points or so. That's enough benefit for me without other stores around having a connection. There is one store, a consignment shop which is linked in. I'm not interested in it but, again, I'm not concerned about the issue. Maybe more relevant (to me) stores will catch on soon.

• Reviewed on 22/04/2019
Josh K.
  • Reviewed on 05/12/2018

"Great retail rewards program"

Pros: Customers can set up their own accounts at the register

Cons: Sometimes points go missing and is glitchy

• Reviewed on 05/12/2018
Shawn M.
Self employed
Fund-Raising, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 20/02/2019

"Love it"

Comments: Satisfied

Pros: Im not sure about this questiinNothing im happy with this program i like how i can earn money just by being in progeam

Cons: Nothing im happy with this program i like how i can earn money just by being in progeam

• Reviewed on 20/02/2019
Tina R.
Customer Service Specialist
Medical Devices, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 25/02/2019

"Great ROI"

Comments: It definitely reminds me to visit my favorite places to take advantage of deals and rewards. I like that I get rewards to go to places I already visit. I don't have to spend anything additional or purchase anything I do not normally purchase to be eligible for a reward.

Pros: Very user-friendly. I like that you do not have to download an app to utilize.

Cons: As a consumer, I really do not have any complaints about the software. There were a few challenges when I worked as a vendor offering Five Stars.

• Reviewed on 25/02/2019
Real Estate, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 08/04/2019

"Five Stars"

Pros: Easy to obtain rewards and bonuses from retailers you already frequent.

Cons: The app has gotten worse, not better. Not user friendly. Too many push notifications. The app frequently "forgets" me and/or my favorite Five Star retailers.

• Reviewed on 08/04/2019