15 years helping Australian businesses

About Insightly

Insightly is the modern, affordable CRM that teams love.

Learn more about Insightly

Pros:

Insightly is very user-friendly. With perfect minimalistic design, it still has everything you probably need for contact management.

Cons:

Hard to think of many drawbacks with this CRM.

Insightly ratings

4.0
3.8
3.9
4.0

7.5/10

Insightly has an overall rating of 4.0 out 5 stars based on 656 user reviews on Capterra.

Have you used Insightly before?

Jennifer
Jennifer
Vice President business development in US
Insurance, 51–200 Employees

Affordable CRM with the features you need

Comments: Has all the features a business needs like ease of use, robust reporting & customizations without the high cost that comes other well known CRMs

Pros:

The ease of onboarding & use. Ability to customize without having to use a developer

Cons:

Nothing. All the features we needed, Insightly has.

Denise
Denise
Marketing Specialist in US
Marketing & Advertising, 201–500 Employees

Insightly developed to enhance our feeds

Comments: In my experience using Insightly, I haven't run into any serious issues. We used to utilize a strange CRM that was built out of sheets and required us to constantly switch between windows. Using Insightly, we can have all of our data in one place, neatly organized in custom fields. In my opinion, the project page may benefit from more fields in which to provide pertinent data.

Pros:

Insightly is how I keep track of all the initiatives we have in the works right now. The management of our company's 5,000+ open positions is a major challenge. Insightly makes it easy for us to keep track of all the moving parts, which would otherwise be difficult to do in a secure manner given the project's multi-stage nature.

Cons:

In most cases, the newly opened Org or Project tab doesn't take up more than half of my screen following a search. I can't figure out how to make the page larger. For some reason, the columns on the Relate and Activity tabs don't remember my saved column width. Every time I use it, I have to resize it.

Jim
VP Sales and Marketing in US
Construction, 11–50 Employees

12 good years of using Insightly CRM

5.0 last week New

Comments: I love it. If not for Insightly I'd be using spreadsheets and going crazy trying to track my long list of clients that includes boiler system bids, direct commercial and industrial system sales, building and maintaining relationships with mechanical engineers and architects, and a good number of residential boiler prospects.

Pros:

Insightly's design is intuitive and easy to understand how to set up. I recall starting to use it on the first day, right after an initial walkthrough. We did not hire anyone to assist. Then I evolved the setup as time went by. Opportunities & Projects are key to us and with good naming practices they are easy to refer to as needed in the future after completion: such as "2023..Smith Company-New boiler project". And all parties connected to a Project can be linked so easily. Attach price quotes to it: ours to the client and supplier to us. Automatic tasks when you change from Opportunity to Project can alert others to place orders, put into our financial software, etc...

Cons:

They like to push their AppConnect but we really don't need that level of complexity AND they have lots of built-in interfaces into other apps like Quickbooks (which is limited but great for small business situations where elegant interfaces are not needed. Also, we tried their Service apps and found them lacking for the kind of Service that my company does: We install boiler systems and provide ongoing services for them--not free or by annual contract. So we needed a way to easily send invoices and collect $ for work done. Insightly seemed to be oriented to Software service contract situations where annual contracts are the norm and all interactions are free and nobody leaves the office. I suppose it is good for that but not so much where you have trucks driving 100 miles to do a repair.

Nathalie
Customer Care Manager in US
Automotive, 2–10 Employees

Useful & inexpensive CRM system for growing businesses

Comments: Overall is has been satisfactory although, some details that need improvement can turn things into a much better experience.

Pros:

It is easy to use and easy to navigate.It does not take much time to get used to all features and to understand how the features work.The best part of Insightly, is the customer support is very responsive and always follows up on requests.They also helped us all the way to achieve our goals as a company.

Cons:

Some parts of the software need more work and also new features like Service has too many glitches and some functions do not work properly even though have been revised and "fixed" many times.I wish it was more seamless to work with.

Jamie
Head of Growth in UK
Computer Software, 11–50 Employees

Decent CRM but requires discipline

4.0 last month New

Comments: Insightly was being used for various marketing and sales data processing and activation tasks when I joined, and the account was a real mess because there was little control over who could edit which fields. As a result, no-one was following a consistent lead and opportunity management process, things like date fields became a nightmare because when exporting leads, some appeared to be using US date format and some using UK format, so identifying recent leads & opps was tricky.

Pros:

The sales pipeline views were good because you could have lots of different pipeline views with filters and segmentation options applied without having to add them every time. It was easy to see pipeline value, create new fields and to move opps from one stage to another. Equally it was great for setting up automated email follow ups from demos and integrate with lots of other tools.

Cons:

The lack of user management and access customisation means it is too easy to let poor spiral out of control and ruin your data. Equally the dashboards/Reports section really needs work as it’s unnecessarily difficult to create reports and dashboards for very simple metrics.

last month

Hey Jamie! Thanks for your review. Glad to know you see the significant power of Insightly, when configured correctly, to support your team. We would love to learn more about your concerns regarding user management and customization as several options are available based on your plan level. Please reach out to me or [email protected] with discuss.

Andrew
Andrew
Managing Director in UK
Computer Software, 11–50 Employees

A fairly reasonable CRM for a small business

Comments: It's a fairly easy to use platform for a company who doesn't need the complexity, cost and extraneous functionality of something like Salesforce. However for some of the tasks we need it for, there are often gaps in the UI and areas where the documentation is severely lacking. The support team are slow and very unhelpful, often trying to push professional services rather than resolving issues.

Pros:

It's pretty easy to use for the most part so less technically able staff can use it with relatively few issues.

Cons:

The documentation is quite lacking and mostly quite outdated. Their support is extremely poor and is often used as leverage to sell professional services.

2 years ago

Hello Andrew, Thanks for taking the time to review Insightly. While I'm glad you've had some success leveraging the CRM due to the price point and simplicity, I'm sorry to hear about your challenges with support and documentation. If you're willing, I'd love to gather more information about your specific case and see if there's anything we can do to help.

Taylor
Director of Design and Engineering in US
Construction, 201–500 Employees

Insightly is good, but there are better CRMs out there

4.0 3 weeks ago New

Comments: Insightly is great a simple every day tasks, but does not handle complexity very well.

Pros:

I like the collaboration capabilities with API via Appconnect, AutoCAD, BricsCAD, Loveland Innovations IMGING, etc

Cons:

The cap of fields in a custom object, the automations not triggering correctly -> you have to delay triggers so that automations do not overlap and contradict each other. Sometimes automations to not trigger at all. There are a lot of holes and catch reports that need to be created.

Megan
Case Manager in US
Nonprofit Organization Management, 11–50 Employees

App Connect

5.0 2 weeks ago New

Comments: Overall we are very pleased with Insightly and App Connect

Pros:

App Connect is amazing. It really does help with efficiencies and workflow. It does so much more than we initially thought! We especially love how it automatically calculates our numbers.

Cons:

It is not as user friendly as it is made out to seem. We really do need the App Connect specialist's support. App Connect is very expensive. We are going through our 10 free hours quickly and we have a lot more project we need help with.

Amanda
Director of Customer Service in US
Food & Beverages, 11–50 Employees

Solid & Easy to Use CRM

4.0 last week New

Pros:

Very user friendly, custom views for all users is great, reporting is excellent. Custom modules have their limitations but have worked very well for our business so far.

Cons:

There needs to be a better way to link related requests to opportunities.

Matthew
School Support Lead in UK
Information Technology & Services, 2–10 Employees

Super Easy

4.0 2 months ago New

Pros:

Insighty is super easy to use. Being able to set tasks to know who you are chasing/following up means that it's all in one place and you do not have to depend on your outlook calender.

Cons:

Reports are good but can be a bit difficult to set up.

Anne
Director Operations in US
Professional Training & Coaching, 2–10 Employees

Customizing Insightly

Comments: I think it is a great, affordable product. I'm disappointed in the Customer Care response (or lack thereof). The Customer Support team is great. They can troubleshoot and fix items. Customer Care is required if you are trying to better/best use the product. I think that group needs some work. Anyone customizing the product should be confident that Insightly knows how it will be used for user's business and that may mean more questions upfront, better understanding of a client's business.

Pros:

That we could customize. We were able to make this software work for our needs, which were a bit different than how the typical sales team might. We can track our orders and do great reporting. Dashboards are very nice feature. Ability to customize pipelines very helpful and visuals are great. Customer support team is helpful and responsive.

Cons:

Integration with our needs was a bit difficult. Our sales person seemed to understand what we needed to accomplish but I don't think the customer care person is as savvy. Customization is great, but if it impacts how you can report items or get most accurate data, user needs to understand that. We got creative in how we used items and where possible, didn't customize, just repurposed so we got the benefit of the connections Insightly makes. In our haste to be up and using, I don't think enough time was spent on that and rework was involved.

Natalie
Operations & Training Manager in US
Construction, 11–50 Employees

Insightly - We're Back Again

Comments: We love Insightly and have solved the major issue of project management as well as integration with Quickbooks so we can have a high level overview of each project, opportunity, and where we are with the quickbooks billing. It saves us a lot of time and removes a lot of human error in our processes as well.

Pros:

The ease of tracking multiple types of projects and stages of the project and the visibility of each project's status. We tried Hubspot for two years and came back with Insightly as it was so much better to use.

Cons:

The marketing function, and the products, pricebooks, and quotes could use some additional features compared to their competition. They aren't as easy to use and can be clunky at times.

Construction, 51–200 Employees

Scalable CRM platform for businesses of all sizes

Comments: Insightly has been a beneficial addition to our sales and marketing efforts allowing us to easily store our contacts, leads, and projects in one platform.

Pros:

I really like how Insightly can be customized and scaled to fit the needs of the business. We are a mid size company and other CRMs were too robust and complicated. Insightly is just right.

Cons:

I think it is kind of expensive per user. I would like to see a lower monthly cost per user.

Melissa
CEO in US
Management Consulting

Insightly: The Sports Car of CRM's

Pros:

Having worked with clients using a variety of CRM’s we’ve seen the good, the bad, and the ugly. I often times refer to insightly as the sports car of CRM’s because it allows companies to manage sales, contacts, projects, opportunities and client fulfillment in a very clean, efficient and user-friendly way. Some of the features I love best are their pipelines and activity sets. For companies that are managing lots of clients at different stages of fulfillment, Insightly’s pipeline feature helps all the players involved know exactly what they need to do and when. The client profile makes it easy for me to link contacts to organizations or note other important relationships. The ability to save my email communication and related tasks to a contact has become an essential part of how we use Insightly and it’s intuitive ability to save any attached files I send is another feature I love. Other favorite features are their mass emailing tool within the CRM. I can send a personalized email to a group of clients without having to write individual emails. A task management feature that allows me to see on one screen what I’m working on for each of my clients and in all areas of my business. With one click I can see what each of my employees is working on, what’s been done. You can create custom tagging systems to easily sort and find clients in your database. In one place see all of the projects you’re currently working on and where they are in the process of completion. Insightly’s Gmail gadget makes it easy to assign tasks, create projects, save emails, add or update contact email easily from within your email. No more switching back and forth from program to program. Insightly University provides a good training source for new users in addition to their highly responsive customer service team. I also have to mention all the strategic partnerships that makes using Insightly with other programs really seamless. For example, Mailchimp, evernote, DropBox and Google Apps for Business to name a few. Sure, there are lots bigger more robust CRM’s out there, but I don’t want to drive a Mack truck every day. I like my sports car. :)

Cons:

Insightly's calendar doesn't work for me, but I use google calendar and haven't missed it. I wish you could customize what you want to see on the home page. Right now it's just a running list of the activity on your accounts, but not super helpful in my opinion. Right now you have to manually advance pipelines. It would be nice to set them to advance to the next stage once all the activity sets are complete.

Aaron
Owner in US
Construction, Self Employed

OMG!!!

Comments: My business wouldn't run without it. I have too much to keep track of and it now stays all in one place.

Pros:

Everything! There is so much here that makes things so much more organized! I have a virtual assistant that keeps it updated and I just roll through every day and continue with the projects. I'm in the field and upload pictures in real time that tie together. Projects run smoothly with all of the contact info for all of my subcontractors is right there in the project. My favorite feature is that insightly creates a unique email for every entry and I can CC: that email address whenever I email a client or subcontractor and it automatically stores under that entry. I can link projects to contacts and files and notes, and organizations. I can't say enough about this software! Oh yeah, automations and auto creation of tasks based on stages in the project. I create activity sets that automatically create and assign tasks with start dates and due dates with the click of a button. SUCH A TIME SAVER! Integration with my Google Drive, integration with my calendar, integration with my Quickbooks, integration with...... ..... ......

Cons:

It has so much to offer that it can be a bit overwhelming to set up, but they offer a setup service. It works just great.

Elysha
Admissions Manager
Primary/Secondary Education, 11–50 Employees

Nothing but trouble since March revisions

Pros:

Easy to find videos on how to update/organize general sections. Everything is pretty self-explanatory so heavy training was not needed when I first joined the company using this CRM.

Cons:

Slow and very unhelpful customer service. Extremely poor functionality, navigation, and organization. Many bugs.... Then a severe lack of help in fixing said bugs. There is no number to call, and if you need help you can only speak with a general customer support member by scheduling a call, and only after expressing dissatisfaction, you are never put in touch with the technical team. I don't have the time nor willingness to become Insightly's tester by constantly reporting new issues, which then are either slowly to never resolved. There have been so many issues since the March updates, our website and other tools don't function properly because fields were renamed. Renaming and deleting tags rarely works, or you have to do so a few times in order for it to stick. Writing notes or emails - you can't bold, italic, or cross out text nor backspace/delete normal (screenshots already provided). My manual labor has increased ridiculously, and frustrations rise every time a new bug is found since the old ones are still an issue. It's hard to create proper reports since contacts/opportunities are separate items. There is no one to call to walk you through something if needed. I understand the price is lower, but I don't feel my company gets what it pays for anymore thanks to all these issues. I'm an extremely frustrated user... who is losing customers and gaining a lot of work and headaches thanks to this CRM.

Rion
CoFounder
Marketing & Advertising, 2–10 Employees

Awful Customer Service Responses

Comments: I'm going to start this out by saying that I am the CMO for a SaaS company; one that builds a retail CRM. I am imminently qualified to speak on this particular subject. I did not subscribe to Insightly in the interest of that company (another I own), but I am more acutely aware of the challenges that these companies face, than most. Because of that, I'm also more likely to be more forgiving, in the event of a bug. That said, this may be one of the worst customer experiences that I've had in years. We faced a problem with spam coming in through Insightly's web form (as implemented on our Word Press website). Now, spam is not Insightly's problem, yet they build a tool designed for the collection of customer data, so it's a problem they're bound to have some experiences with. Per the company documentation instructions, we set up Google's reCaptcha (as is part of our best practices for building any new site) for controlling the problem. It didn't seem to be working, though. After further investigation by both our internal front an back end developers, we discovered that Insightly was not sending our token to Google for approval. When confronted with this information, multiple Insightly staff parroted back to me that it essentially wasn't their problem. When we pointed our customer service rep, Dan, to the insight.ly article which said at the bottom that you can add reCAPTCHA to a page to stop spam submissions, and he looked at that and said, "Well... We never PROMISED it would work." Seriously? When I asked to have their engineers speak to my developers to attempt to figure out what was going on here, we more or less got more of the same, from several different customer service reps. When sent proof of the mistake, we were again told that it was not Insightly's problem. We weren't asking for much. Developers make mistakes. It's okay. It happens. It was the absolute refusal to deal with a verified issue with their system that really left a bad taste in our mouths. As of today, we are still waiting for a response. Am giving it 24 more hours and we'll be taking our business elsewhere.

Pros:

Easy enough to use for small business owners, if you can see your way out of getting tons of unsolicited spam.

Cons:

Responsive customer service that doesn't seem well informed to deal with anything beyond the most basic of questions.

Broadcast Media
Used the Software for: Not provided

Great program that can sometimes be "An un-tappable resourse!

Comments: We are a small start-up company and have been using Insightly for about 5 months. I have used several more complex CRM's in the past. While I "Get" CRM and I like the program, there are enough questions to drive a user crazy! To wit:
When entering a phone number you have to insert the dashes. A minor point that gets frustrating very quickly!
One should be able to set a "Default Country." Entering United States every time gets tedious!
On other CRM programs, I can enter a contact once and, if there is another person from that same company, I can choose to retain the information and simply change the name and e-mail address. Not so with Insightly! You have to re-enter ALL of the info for each contact!
Upon entering the program, Insightly proudly announces that they have teamed-up with "Microsoft One drive" and Google "Whatever." I'm older but not that far gone, yet I haven't a CLUE as to what these programs are and how to use them!
Finally, the big frustration:
How does a task differ from an event differ from a meeting differ from notes?
Now, don't get me wrong, the Insightly team always returns my e-mail questions promptly but, how many times can I do that in one day? There really needs to be a manual (not videos!) for this stuff!
I looked for an "Insightly For Dummies" book on Amazon but there isn't one.
This CRM is obviously geared towards twenty-something's and not us older folks.. And yet, we outnumber them and in many cases make more $$$ than them! Are you listening Insightly?

Pros:

Inexpensive with basic functions that are easy to use

Cons:

No easy way to get answers to questions

10 years ago

We'll pass the feedback on entering data on to our product group. With regards to tutorial information to help you get started we have a number of resources for first time Insightly users -- many of them are on our resources page on our website (www.insightly.com/resources). Our Getting Started Guide is a ebook on the resources page. Our our online knowledgebase has great FAQs (i.e. what are tasks and how do I use them?) and short 3-4 min tutorial videos (Insightly University). You can access our online knowledgebase at help.insightly.com (and there is also a link to our knowledgebase from our resources page). Also if you are a paid customer we offer phone based '1 on 1 Help to Get You Started' (www.insightly.com/pricing). On a positive note, I'm glad that you are pleased with the response from our support team. With regards to age, the bulk of our users are in the 35-50 range so we welcome users of all ages :>) Hope this helps.

Jason
Account Executive in US
Package/Freight Delivery, 51–200 Employees

Best CRM

Pros:

Very customizable and able to tailor the platform to fit the needs of sales. Straightforward pipelines. Lead/contact management is crucial to our business, and this platform helps store them in one spot which can easily be looked up. Email leads/contacts straight from the platform with pre-written messages.

Cons:

The email notification about tasks being updated or changed could be cleaned up. 3 seperate emails for someone updating a task, the pipeline moving to a different stage, and a new task for me. Would like this to be more simplified, especially if someone uploads a file into my opportunities - too many email notifications to sort through.

Krystal
Editor in US
Media Production, 2–10 Employees

Insightly is a CRM with a very clean interface that is easy to navigate

Comments: Insightly is my favorite CRM. I love the app version, and I am able to connect Insightly with other apps. It offers great value for the product, and customer support is good, and responsive.

Pros:

I love Insightly because it has a clean look that is easy on the eyes, and it is a very intuitive CRM, unlike many others that can overwhelm or be confusing.

Cons:

Hard to think of many drawbacks with this CRM. Sometimes I wish the community pages and discussion boards were more lively.

Tracey
Tracey
Professional Freelancer in New Zealand

Insightly has awesome customer support and works well for a with 3 remote locations

Comments: Overall a good product. I would recommend starting with a list of what you need from software, then what you would like then a nice to have list. See how many ticks this software gets. Compare it to at least two pieces of other software of the same nature before making your final decision. This is what I recommend for any piece of software. Also, check out their own forums of customer support, and social media sites to see what other customers have had to say about the software.

Pros:

It is easy to have three branches of a business integrated into insightly in a relatively seamless way. It takes the CRM and the Project management aspects of running a business into the cloud along with scheduling and solves a lot of problems for the business I set up who are still using it today. They have used customer support extensively and appreciate their dedication to the product.

Cons:

Looking forward to better social media integration - this is currently not a real feature and something that our heavily social dependent business would really benefit from

Matt
President in US
Information Technology & Services, 2–10 Employees

Insightly is the perfect CRM

Comments: We are a small business that is growing and Insightly has been there with us from almost the start. I have used a lot of CRMs in my career and honestly Insightly does everything the competition does (and more) with a much more reasonable price point. Insightly is very flexible and can really be built to manage the needs of a many different businesses across many different industries. We don't have any reason to look elsewhere and are very pleased with Insightly.

Pros:

First of al, Insightly's price point is excellent. The value we receive in comparison to what we pay is awesome. I really like that I can change things on the fly as needed. There have been a few things I needed specifically that no CRM really had. The team at Insightly was able to find a solution that filled the gaps I had. Their on-boarding and customer success team has been great to work with and very helpful. We are growing and I have no reason to look elsewhere.

Cons:

Sometimes I get overwhelmed with all of the items available to change. If I need to make a change, it can seem cumbersome and I may forget where to go. The only other thing I have to say is I wish more could have been setup during my implementation calls. I don't fault my Implementation Specialist for this and I know the purpose of those call were to make sure I could do it all myself.

Thomas
Computer Software, 2–10 Employees

Almost Perfect - But not quite!

Comments: After using many CRM systems from Salesforce, Zoho, Apptivo, Pipeline Deals, Pipedrive, Base CRM and more, Insightly is a 'breath of fresh air' (even though that is getting a bit stale lately - more on that shorty). Frankly, after looking at many of these systems, I was tempted to design and create my own system (I have been a software engineer for 30 years and own a software development firm as one of my companies). Yet I decided to give Insightly the last shot. It works great - almost the way I would have designed. There are some weaknesses as well, most of all the lack of the support teams response to multiple request of the same kind and promising future fixes that 'are just not coming'. That all said, Insightly is well rounded, has lots of integration options and works very well for most CRM needs, especially around customer service, contacting, tracking and task planing. Even light weight project management is included in 2 different forms - pipelines or more traditional but more complicated to use project management optionsl

Pros:

Here are just a few pros: * Easy to use and learn * Integrated Light Weight Project Management * Fast Response * Great note taking * Easy task tracking * Great for sales cycles and customer service alike * Useful Integrations * Better User Interface than most (every tried Salesforce and couldn't find anything?)

Cons:

A couple of Cons: * Service - The guys and gals at Insightly need to learn to listen and pass information 'up the management chain' * Task and Event Handling need improvement as reported by many clients * Need fully functional 2-way sync with Google Calendar * Need real workflow functionality instead of clunky Project Management (to their defense, lots of systems 'miss this one')

Sai
Sai
Client Project Manager in US
Internet, 51–200 Employees

Excellent CRM

Comments: Our team’s experience with Insightly has been stellar

Pros:

Insightly is an exceptional CRM platform that allows sales, customer success teams to be efficient and collaborative. Reports and insights are easy to generate. It is perfect for small businesses

Cons:

Some features and functionalities with customizable fields are limited when compared to other CRMs

Enni
communications coordinator in Finland
Accounting, 11–50 Employees

Decent CRM software

Comments: My overall experience with Insightly has been good, however, there are other really good CRM softwares that can do the same job or even a better job.

Pros:

Insightly offers a wide range of features to manage sales and marketing activities. It is user-friendly and easy to navigate. The software makes it really easy to navigate and track customer information.

Cons:

The software is a bit pricey compared to other similar services. In addition, it has some limitations for advanced customizations. Moreover, reports and analytics could be more advanced.