• Overall
    4.1 /5
    3.7 /5

About Method CRM

As the #1 rated CRM by QuickBooks users, Method:CRM streamlines your business from lead to repeat and everything in between.

Learn more about Method CRM

Showing 25 reviews of 71

Rosie A.
Business Supplies & Equipment, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 11/11/2020

"Best integration with QBO and Gmail for Free Trial/Great Price"

Comments: So far, Method has helped me develop my brand new business with processes that will not have to be duplicated or repeated or that will just be current placemarkers until I can begin the true process I want. I am filling in a database and learning the accounting necessary to make all quoting, selling, ordering, and invoicing steps seamless.
When I encountered a problem (I have a "tech curse".), she tested and found it occurred for her too. Then she used a different contact to troubleshoot, and the problem did not occur. She referred me to tech support; They helped me fix and work around. I really like that a Lead in Method can remain a lead forever, and it does not enter my Quickbooks until I make it a customer in Method. Undoing in Method is easy...not so easy in QBO.
My online encounters have been excellent with the Method staff.

Pros: I like the fact that I can integrate email, accounting, marketing and sales tracking, which is unparalleled for this price. Am still in free trial. 1-hour free customization is available - I will use it; have not yet. Method is somewhat intuitive. Support sessions answer questions where it is not clear. When an invoice is emailed it is copied to my own email address. Everything that is sent from the system is halted by a review screen asking "do you really want to send this?" I have caught myself in more than one error or case where I needed to re-word something. The 30 minute support sessions assign each customer a dedicated person saving time on subsequent sessions as there is no re-hashing of former details. Tech sessions are set on a self-serve calendar. When reserving time, customer also enters a list of items to be addressed. At the correct time all parties log in to Go to Meeting, and it is very efficient. My dedicated contact is excellent. And, a bonus - invoice emails state they are from my business in subject line so they are not lost.

Cons: I do not like that many of the areas I hope to use will cost more money. However, the seamless integration with QBO and the ability to track clients and maintain only one synched database outweighs any of the current pricing I am seeing. I have not been able to figure out where an email generated in Method is stored for future reference. I am sure one of the customer sessions will help me. I also do not like that the word estimate is what I have to use instead of quote.

by Method Integration on 01/12/2020

Thank you for taking the time to share this feedback with us. We are glad that our integration with QuickBooks is meeting your needs and helping your business. Feel free to book your free customization session with our team to do even more with Method:CRM.

• Reviewed on 11/11/2020
Richard M.
Nonprofit Organization Management, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 11/09/2020

"Not a good fit for our organization"

Comments: It looked like it had potential when we were switching from the free CiviCRM through our Wordpress website. But because of the bad experience of trying to customize it and have the same tracking ability as CiviCRM, I basically wasted 6-months fooling around with it. I compromised for a year and used a supplemental spreadsheet or two to track what I needed and that didn't work out too well. So we switched to a different CRM now that is a better fit for us.

Pros: I liked the low cost and the clean interface that all looked much nicer than what we had been using. I really liked how tightly it could integrate with QuickBooks Online which saved us a lot of time!

Cons: I had the hardest time importing our data from another database and the one hour support, was barely enough time to get anywhere. When I attempted to create custom fields for our donors, I found it very overwhelming and didn't have the time to invest in the training videos.

by Method Integration on 22/09/2020

Hi Richard, thanks for sharing your experience with us. This is the kind of feedback we need to keep improving our product. While our DIY customization isn't for everyone, we do offer a team of Business Solutions Specialists to our customers who are customization experts as well as unlimited, free customer support. Regardless, we are glad your team has found a tool that's right for you!

• Reviewed on 11/09/2020
Jet L.
IT Manager
  • Reviewed on 21/11/2019

"Powerful CRM platform"

Comments: We are trying to implement a CRM tool to use with our existing Quickbooks system. Overall, the integration somehow works, however not as advertised as "magical" it would be.
Lots of customization effort has to be done to get it to where we want it to be.

Pros: Powerful and can be highly customized.
Covering almost all aspect of CRM and most from accounting.
Easy to use interface.
Basic plan price is reasonable.

Cons: Outlook integration app still requires a lot of touch up to be practical.
Customization works can be quite repetitive effort if you have multiple company entities that you would like to have similar customization.
Integration engine with Quickbook does not run well on RightNetworks platform. There is no true 24/7 real-time sync.
Prices per user could get very steep when you start subscribed to more modules.

• Reviewed on 21/11/2019
John K.
Construction, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 28/04/2020

"Method to QB Desktop Pro issues"

Comments: We were trying to get more users for QB Desktop Pro and get cloud access. We cancelled Method and bought multi user QB.

Pros: This product does integrate with QB, and allows you cloud access to an otherwise noncloud QB file. It has many powerful customizable features, including a powerful new template designer.

Cons: Customization of the software requires significant technical knowledge and is not for the average user whose business is something other than software customization. If you internet connection is slow, Method is almost nonfunctional. Integration with QB Desktop Pro plus a slow internet connection put some of our transactions such as recieving payments into the most impossible gridlocks.

• Reviewed on 28/04/2020
Jessica F.
Business Development
  • Reviewed on 26/04/2018

"Wonderful system for tracking sales and prompts customer support!"

Pros: The software allows me to tract every stage that a prospect is in, which makes it easy to report to my boss about deals and new projects. I love the Activity follow ups because it helps plan out who and when I need to be reaching back out to people. The reporting is very easy to pull and self explanatory when boss's are checking in on it.

Cons: I would like for their to be a way to talley the amount of the proposal on the reporting. It's easy for the sales person and owners to see how much is closed and is in the pipeline.

by Method Integration on 06/05/2018

Hi Jessica, thanks for reviewing Method:CRM. The sales pipeline features and activity tracking are great tools so I'm glad to hear you're experiencing their benefits. I'll be sure to pass along your product suggestion to our team, as we're always looking to make it even easier to manage and grow a small business. Thanks again, Lynda

• Reviewed on 26/04/2018
Emily W.
Consumer Services, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 09/04/2018

"I spent two weeks on the free trial. This was enough to let me know if was not a good fit."

Comments: If you had the time and knowledge to program this software, it could really be incredible. I think the software was just far more than my small company needed, so it just wasn't a great fit.

Pros: This software is POWERFUL. Wow. It can be totally customized to your needs, which would be incredible for someone in a very specific industry.

Cons: I did not have near the experience in programming needed to make this software work for my purposes. I found that the canned CRM systems (where the programming and forms are already set up) were a much better fit with FAR less work and time in set up.

• Reviewed on 09/04/2018
Consultant & Principal
Accounting
  • Reviewed on 15/02/2018

"Your data is not safe with Method. They deleted our data twice forcing us to rebuild from scratch."

Pros: Ability to customize application. However, features are a moot point for a foreign, cloud-based company that accidentally and irretrievably deletes your data multiple times.

by Method Integration on 28/03/2018

Hi there, I'm sorry to hear this. When a subscription gets canceled due to non-payment, or any other reason, you may be able to request a restore. Here's a full article on our help center: https://www.method.me/help/34636-method-faq/304564#how-does-an-account-get-cancelled. Please contact us directly to see how we can help out, and get your account back up and running.

• Reviewed on 15/02/2018
Tyler W.
Operations
  • Reviewed on 25/04/2018

"Seamless transition"

Pros: We are particularly impressed by the ease of use and adaptation throughout our organization while implementing Method CRM. The QB sync function allows us to work proficiently from anywhere. Support is Top Notch.

Cons: Each person has their "wish it did this list" to increase efficiency accommodate their own personal style of working. No show stoppers and at this point and we are trimming down that list weekly.

by Method Integration on 06/05/2018

Thanks for the review, Tyler! That's great to hear that your team is adopting Method:CRM and getting help from our team. Be sure to check out the customization capabilities for further efficiency gains. Thanks again, Lynda

• Reviewed on 25/04/2018
Megan F.
Sales Administrator
  • Reviewed on 24/04/2018

"Very user friendly and great for every-day use!"

Comments: tracking sales leads, generating reports for internal sales teams

Pros: I love how there is a live chat option built directly into the main page (you don't always have to go digging for help). It's user friendly and simple to figure out. The customization options are also ideal!

Cons: Would like a little more options for the basic package (seeing invoice history, setting opportunities, for example). Also assigning a currency to new customers would be helpful.

by Method Integration on 06/05/2018

Hi Megan, thanks for your review of Method:CRM. I'll pass along your feedback to the team as we're always looking to further improve our offerings. Thanks again, Lynda

Donny C.
Construction, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 16/10/2018

"Stay Away from Method"

Comments: Anyone looking for a crm system for their business please stay away from Method CRM. Worse CRM on the market. We chose it because it was Canadian and its supposed to sync with our system quickbooks. Thousands of of dollars later in implementation and it's still not good. Please if you or your team or friends are looking please steer away from Method CRM you will thank you me .
They only want to help if you pay we spent 21 k in implementation and our syncs are not syncing properly and it's not right. Not at all happy with it. My staff and it department are doing extra work to fix things in quickbooks and costing our company even more money.

Pros: the best part of of Method is that it syncs with Quick books

Cons: the support, and the accountability if they are in the wrong. they point fingers at the client if they have issues with the syncing.

• Reviewed on 16/10/2018
Robin H.
Principal Consultant
  • Reviewed on 22/08/2013

"Method CRM and QuickBooks"

Comments: I have been consulting on QuickBooks for about 15 years. The more that I consult with clients on QuickBooks, the more that I am finding that I need to let QuickBooks do the accounting and other systems do the business work flow. Method CRM allows me to bring the whole package to my clients.
When we started introducing Method CRM to our clients, it really opened their eyes to being able to have integrated systems and not having to duplicate their efforts. Method CRM has a flawless two way sync engine that will update the customer information in either system. With this we have been able to tailor the system for the things that their employees needed to see. Being able to customize Method CRM has opened doors for us that were impossible to do just with QuickBooks alone. QuickBooks along with Method CRM is definitely a winning combination.
It is amazing how we can help our clients with all of their business needs.

• Reviewed on 22/08/2013
Jack B.
CIO
Construction, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 31/08/2019

"Database Platform Unreliable, CRM based on it Very Cool"

Comments: WE had to let it go and find something else after extensive 'degradation' of what we had already finished.

Pros: Their comprehensive approach to CRM was very cool and helpful. They focused on actions and resulting actions for every contact update. Their customization, including their DB engine was a big selling point.

Cons: Half of everything we painstakingly made in the DB basically fell apart after it was tested and tweaked. It was very hard to navigate, requiring extensive videos and documentation.

• Reviewed on 31/08/2019
Eric C.
  • Reviewed on 24/04/2018

"We've enjoyed getting more organized and intentional in our lead follow up."

Comments: lead followup

Pros: I like that it's cloud based, customizable, QB integrated, and has quick helpful customer support via CHAT

Cons: Sometimes a little wonky just trying to enter a simple quick note on a file but you get used to it...

by Method Integration on 06/05/2018

Thank you for reviewing Method:CRM, Eric. It's great to know your business is becoming more intentional with your lead follow-ups. I'm sure this is going to help you close more sales.
Thanks again
Lynda

Jeremy C.
Hospitality, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 07/06/2018

"terrible"

Comments: None, actually

Pros: low sticker price, and they say 'yes' to everything you want. However, when you actually get started you realize how rigid the system is and how cumbersome the customization process is. They expect you to become a developer, or pay they a premium. I would STAY AWAY

Cons: extremely difficult to customize, and expensive. They charge your huge fees for hours and end up charging more to correct mistakes. Customization process takes ages. They are cocky and rude to clients who want the software to do more than their limited abilities.

by Method Integration on 14/06/2018

Hi Jeremy, I'm sorry you feel your experience with our team has been anything but positive. We strive to provide world-class service to all customers. I've passed along your feedback to the team who will be reaching out to rectify your experience.

• Reviewed on 07/06/2018
  • Reviewed on 30/01/2019
Owner | PR and Marketing Manager
Construction, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 17/07/2019

"Thanks to the Method team!"

Pros: The Method team has been so helpful in our transition to this CRM software. They have helped to streamline our business!

Cons: There are a lot of customization limitations that you can't do yourself but the Method team is responsive when you need something outside your expertise.

• Reviewed on 17/07/2019
Byan N.
Manager Inside Sales
Hospital & Health Care, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 08/04/2020

"Great CRM to work on."

Comments: Great experience !

Pros: User Friendly and customizable, I would recommend this CRM.

Cons: Would be nice to timestamp and save notes automatically

• Reviewed on 08/04/2020
Jonathan R.
sales representative
Wholesale, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 26/03/2020

"Usefull tool"

Comments: before that everything was done manually very hard to follow and keep track of the work

Pros: Great way to follow up on clients and activities , the fact the will provide a good picture of the work done during the day , invoices are sync with QuickBooks . allows you create leads and categorized clients according to they importance . very easy to use . our manager will count the number of calls and notes to share it with others .

Cons: sometime it gets a bit slow when creating the activities . not able to import export pictures , folders , graphics into the activities

• Reviewed on 26/03/2020
Sales Operations
Facilities Services, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 27/04/2018

"Very customizable. This is a software that can be as creative and as detailed as you want it to be"

Comments: Syncing with Quickbooks Enterprise.

Pros: Customization. Syncs with Quickbooks Enterprise. Cloud Hosted. Variety of User Permissions. Open API.
We were able to call a Method staff member to help set-up customization.

Cons: Contact-Based vs Account-Based. If you're not a developer, this software customization can be overwhelming. The product support is great but, they charge by the hour for customization.

by Method Integration on 06/05/2018

Hi there ¿ thanks for your review of Method:CRM. It's great to hear you're leveraging Method's customizable platform to streamline your business and that the Method team has been a great support. Thank you for the feedback around the Contacts vs Accounts. We're always improving on our product, so your feedback is something I'll be sure to pass along. Many thanks again
Lynda

• Reviewed on 27/04/2018
Rich S.
Overpaid Storyteller / Brand Manager
  • Reviewed on 19/04/2018

"Under promised and OVER delivered!!!"

Comments: We chose Method:CRM because of it's awesome integration with Quickbooks! We have been pleasantly surprised by the amazing training we have received from our success coach Phuong Phan. Not only is she extremely knowledgeable but we enjoy her kind personality. Her style has made it easier for use to glean the information and apply what we learn to our business. GIVE PHUONG a raise!!!

Pros: We chose Method:CRM because of it's awesome integration with Quickbooks! We have been pleasantly surprised by the amazing training we have received from our success coach Phuong Phan. Not only is she extremely knowledgeable but we enjoy her kind personality. Her style has made it easier for use to glean the information and apply what we learn to our business. GIVE PHUONG a raise!!!!

Cons: No current integration with Voice over IP phone systems!. We think it would be awesome to be able to click and dial directly the customer from inside Method:CRM. (FYI: SalesForce and Insightly CRM has this option right now.) Please STRONGLY consider this. It would save us a lot of prospecting time! Thank you!

• Reviewed on 19/04/2018
Michael B.
Owner / President
  • Reviewed on 04/07/2018

"Product is very flexible and the support has been great."

Comments: Estimating and service scheduling.

Pros: I love the customizeability of the application and the support to get those things done has been great.

Cons: It is not as intuitive as it could be, but that could be because it is so customizeable that it might be hard to create perfect screens for everyone. I think with a little work, I could totally make it easy to use for my office, but I need the time to do it.

by Method Integration on 12/07/2018

Hey Michael,

Thank you so much for your kind review. We are always looking for ways to improve our platform and we appreciate your feedback on the screen customization process. Certainly, the complexities behind making a platform so "flexible" and customizable are large, and our goal is to try to make it even more simple to the end user. Little by little we are getting there!

I know that business owners like yourself do not have enough time to dive deep into customizations, that's where our professional services team comes into play. We are here when you need us!

• Reviewed on 04/07/2018
Gina K.
COO
2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 03/01/2017

"Did Not Deliver but Charged.."

Comments: After speaking with Method employees about the needs of our company, we were sold on two different consulting packages. Two months later, we still didn't have a functioning tool. They did not deliver what was promised. We heard multiple times there were "glitches" in their system and that "others had said the same thing". It became painfully obvious they have a great concept, but the platform is still in development and not up to par with other CRMs. We had to ask for things like creating functioning fields, fixing broken algorithms, and providing consistent formatting on the entry screens. When we got the CRO involved, she punted it back down the org chart. They would only spend more time if we spent more $. They didn't take responsibility and only refunded a small portion. It's like they stole from our company. I can not recommend Method at all.

Pros: We originally chose it because of the integration with Quickbooks.

Cons: It's not customizable like they say it is.

by Method Integration on 11/01/2017

Hi Gina ¿ I appreciate your frustrations from this atypical experience. We take pride in helping small businesses personalize their accounts or create custom apps everyday, so I'm sorry to hear a personalized solution wasn¿t the end result of working with the team. I hope you've found an application suited to your organization's needs and wish you all the best in 2017. Sincerely, Lynda Byrne, Method Loyalty Manager.

• Reviewed on 03/01/2017
Jill M.
Nutritional Therapy Practitioner
  • Reviewed on 22/04/2018

"We use method to keep track of all of our clients/customers."

Pros: I like that it is quite robust in terms of what all it can tag and keep track of with clients. There are also integrations with other software and that is really nice.

Cons: It's a little glitchy and I especially don't like that there's no easy way to deal with duplicate clients. We have so many people entering information on a daily basis it's hard to keep track and I wish that part were more intuitive.

by Method Integration on 24/04/2018

Hi Jill. Thank you for your feedback, we really appreciate it. For the client merge frustration, if you merge the clients in QuickBooks (by renaming one of them to have the same name as the other) then Method will pick up on the merge automatically. Sorry we don't make that more apparent and we're working on making this more intuitive within Method. Hope that helps and thanks again for your feedback!

• Reviewed on 22/04/2018
Cedric S.
  • Reviewed on 27/07/2015

"Horrible Platform & Customer Service"

Comments: We have been evaluating Method CRM for over a year now (paying their fees the entire time.) After our evaluation, we decided NOT to go with Method for Quickbooks Pro / CRM. Here is why. 1.) The Method CRM Platform & Method Website - EXTEREMELY SLOW and POOR DEVELOPMENT.
2.) The Method CRM Customer Service - Our account manager and the development team was very slow if they even responded. We felt like they just did not care about us or our issues.
3.) The Method CRM Overall Experience - NOT A GOOD ONE. We are still in the process of finding that CRM but we know Method CRM is not the one.
Do yourself a favor and look elsewhere.

by Method Integration on 29/07/2015

Hi Cedric, my name is Lynda and I¿m Method¿s Loyalty Marketing Manager. I¿m so sorry to hear you have had a poor experience with Method. We are a team that strives to provide customers with great service, so thank you for your honest review. Your feedback will be addressed by the team so we can diagnose the root problem of your issue and ensure this is not a repeated experience. Again, my deepest apologies for not meeting your needs, Cedric. I wish your team much success in finding a solution that suits you and helps you grow your business.

Sincerely,
Lynda Byrne

• Reviewed on 27/07/2015
Vanessa D.
Food & Beverages, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 21/10/2019

"Worst program ever"

Comments: Customer service sucked

Pros: Nothing company over all looks like it's starting out and doesn't have the bavkbo e for customer service

Cons: We have spent plenty of money adjusting this to our liking. Everytime they fix something they mess something else up and then charge you to fix there mistakes. Simple things that should be part of there program. Company is a mess

• Reviewed on 21/10/2019