LearnUpon Reviews

by LearnUpon

• Overall

About LearnUpon

Create, manage, deliver, and measure learning that helps your business grow without compromise.

Learn more about LearnUpon

Nathan M.
Director of Research and Development
E-Learning, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 19/08/2019

"A Great Partner"

Comments: I would wholeheartedly recommend Learnupon as an LMS. They are a cost-effective and customer-responsive company with an excellent product.

Pros: There are two benefits to working with Learnupon. The first is the LMS itself. It is easy to use, has a number of very helpful automated features which save me time and effort, and it integrates well with my authored content. The second benefit is the Learnupon staff. They are available when needed and if there are any problems they quickly follow-up and get my problems taken care of.

Cons: One frustrating thing with any LMS is integration with authored content (e.g. storyline). With authored content sometimes you don't know why things aren't working. Early in my e-learning career, I had a lot of problems getting my authored content to work properly on Learnupon. With some help and coaching from Learnupon, I found that it was mostly the way I was building my projects and, with some restructuring, things are now working great. Learnupon has helped me work through my own learning curve.

• Reviewed on 19/08/2019
Richard S.
Chief Executive
  • Reviewed on 20/05/2013

"LearnUpon: Very Satisfied Customer"

Comments: I highly recommend LearnUpon to any training company serious about providing its customers with a superb eLearning experience. We invested heavily in developing stunning eLearning content and needed an LMS to match. After six months of trialing countless different systems I was losing hope of finding one, then I discovered LearnUpon and haven't looked back. I don't feel like I have just bought a product, I feel like I have entered into a partnership with a highly skilled, ambitious and professional team of LMS experts. They're a young, vibrant, ambitious team who definitely put their customers at the very centre of what they do. They understand that their customers aren't buying a system, they're buying a means for taking their eLearning products to market. I believe that you can only be as good as your worst supplier - since adopting the LearnUpon LMS our customers and their learners have gained much added value and overall a superb eLearning experience.

Pros: The perfect LMS for commercial training companies. Great customer portal functionality, with really smart branding and white labeling options that impress our clients and are easy to configure. The LearnUpon LMS is intuitive, versatile, smart and affordable. It has great exam and survey features; easy to build, great learner experience and with useful, detailed reporting with filter and export options. Content writing within the LMS is great; can easily add text, images, documents, videos and audio content, as well as very simple upload of SCORM content. The technical support is first class; immediate and very helpful. The eCommerce feature is really easy to setup up (just need a PayPal account) and provides a professional purchasing experience for our customers, with added features such as discount codes.

Cons: The few limitations of the system that I have fed back to LearnUpon have either been immediately addressed or are planned for imminent updates. LearnUpon are continuously developing the LMS, with new features released every few weeks. In their clear commitment to developing the product they really listen to any feedback and take immediate action to improve the product. LearnUpon are a small company in their infancy, which was a slight concern when signing up with them initially. I asked myself the question 'will they still be around in 5 years time?'. After some research, trialing the system and speaking with them I was left very comfortable in tying our future to theirs. In just a couple of years they have developed the very best LMS for training companies on the market and it's still getting better every month. I am very confident they were the right horse to back and I'm excited about the opportunities for our company from their continuous investment in the LMS.

• Reviewed on 20/05/2013
Bridget D.
Documentation Manager
Computer Networking, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 23/09/2020

"Responsive Support and All the Features We Need"

Comments: LearnUpon was the right fit for our company's needs, the size of our organization, and the certifications we offer.

Pros: What I like most about LearnUpon is that it is a stable product.

Cons: Learning paths in LearnUpon are a bit cumbersome.

• Reviewed on 23/09/2020
Head of Finance
Food & Beverages, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 11/09/2019

"LearnUpon Customer Experience"

Comments: Good software, but too expensive for our business

Pros: It is fairly easy to brand and has lots of sensible tools for engaging with your client base

Cons: I needed to be talked through a lot of the tools. The online help & support is okay, but quite difficult to understand

• Reviewed on 11/09/2019
Amber B.
Education Specialist
Primary/Secondary Education
  • Source: SoftwareAdvice
  • Reviewed on 23/08/2016

"LearnUpon makes SaaS a breeze."

Pros: Extremely friendly and easy to work with. The customer support was fast.

Cons: Nothing comes to mind. I have enjoyed all aspects of this company.

• Source: SoftwareAdvice
  • Reviewed on 16/02/2018
Amber W.
Director of Education
  • Reviewed on 14/05/2015

"We have been using LU for a little over a year now and are always impressed."

Comments: LU staff has always gotten back to us right away, fixed any bugs we have presented and worked diligently to fulfill needed options. We can not say enough good about them and the product they sell. Thank LU team!

• Reviewed on 14/05/2015
Jamie P.
VP of Central Services/Support
  • Reviewed on 24/12/2019

"Great Learning Platform"

Pros: Being able to build and track employees and their progress of training

Cons: Nothing it was a great platform for our employees to use

• Reviewed on 24/12/2019
Katie B.
Volunteer and Leadership Co-ordinator
  • Reviewed on 13/07/2017

"Excellent platform which is both admin and user friendly"

Pros: How easy it is to navigate is definitely one of the biggest pro's. There is also a lot of scope for personalisation and for interactivity within the software which makes training so much for relevant to users.

Cons: There are no major cons so far except that when you have one platform but several people managing it you need to be sure that the course completion emails are going to the correct administrator.

• Reviewed on 13/07/2017
Blayne G.
Instructional Designer
Professional Training & Coaching, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 30/03/2019

"Easy to Use and Beautiful Interface"

Comments: Because our company works remotely from one another, it's been great to use an easy system like LearnUpon that doesn't require us to all be in the same room. Also because we're building and selling fast, I'm grateful that it's easy to use and easy to edit content!

Pros: I've used a few different Learning Management Systems before, and this one is the most intuitive.

Cons: Getting up-to-speed on any LMS is tough. Just learning where everything is and how to make edits when you're in the middle of selling and building the next course.

• Reviewed on 30/03/2019
María magdalena Z.
e-Learning Experience Designer
E-Learning, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 22/09/2018

"eLearning made easy and nice."

Comments: I am glad they team is constantly updating it! It means constant progress and better outcome!
100% recommended for small businesses and organizations.

Pros: It has a simple look and feel. Some people don.t realize how important this is to any learning process. No distraction, no competition with content. That is the most valuable asset of this LMS. It is very intuitive and smart. Students love it at first sight because it makes the learning process more approachable.
I

Cons: Non really. I just wish the constant updating won't mess up with the system simplicity.

• Reviewed on 22/09/2018
Director of Educational Services
Nonprofit Organization Management, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 12/09/2019

"Easy Set-Up and User Friendly"

Comments: Great organization and we are very happy with our decision!

Pros: The set-up for LearnUpon is amazing. We converted over from an older LMS in less than a month and were up and live for our users. The interface is also very easy to use and I've taught several others in my office how to use some of the administrative features.

Cons: My only wish is that you could change the look and feel of the way courses display in a list. They display great I just wish after a while we could switch it up to be a tiled view.

• Reviewed on 12/09/2019
Danny A.
Studio Tech
E-Learning, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 11/03/2020

"AWESOME SAUCE"

Comments: AWESOME SAUCE

Pros: LearnUpon is great in almost every aspect. Very user friendly and easy to work with. All the employees i have worked with are incredible people and i look at as friends now.

Cons: Only thing i would change that they have not done all ready is make the course creator a little more robust.

• Reviewed on 11/03/2020
Sandra R.
VP Product / Marketing
Professional Training & Coaching, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 20/07/2020

"A really valued Strategic Partner"

Comments: They have been an oustanding partner. They listen to our needs and work with us to find solutions. They provide great access to support and really try to meet our needs within our budget.

Pros: It provides a smaller business with access to features of a large enterprise LMS.

Cons: We can't have two currencies in one portal.. this is a unique need.

• Reviewed on 20/07/2020
Monika M.
Learning and Development
Real Estate, 1,001-5,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 21/11/2019

"Above and Beyond"

Comments: The customer service is absolutely outstanding! From the very first call and email, their staff was friendly, responsive, knowledgeable, and you can tell they believe in the product. Thus far I am nothing but impressed, and I can’t wait to see how our company will be able to use an LMS like LearnUpon in our business. We are so pleased to have chosen such a dedicated vendor!

Pros: The functionality is extremely user friendly from the administration and learner perspectives. LearnUpon also has a LearnUpon University that takes you through the navigation and settings of the software and assigns a customer support specialist so all questions are answered!

Cons: I can’t say that I have a negative thing to say about LearnUpon.

• Reviewed on 21/11/2019
Tamara S.
Learning Management System Intern
Financial Services, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 04/06/2020

"Intuitive & Excellent Support"

Comments: As we have been converting live training sessions to digital courses, LearnUpon has made it easy to create standardized, professional, and thorough training courses.

Pros: LearnUpon is extremely intuitive. After just a few days of working with it, I already feel competent and capable of creating clean, high quality courses. Some of its greatest appeals are the ample opportunities for admins and students to interact through assignments, feedback, and notifications. Additionally, the LU staff has been incredibly supportive and delightful to work with. They pointed me in the direction of plenty of resources to help me fully utilize the features LU has to offer.

Cons: It took more effort to understand the relationship between the library, catalog, and resource uploads, but nothing that couldn't be easily explained or researched.

• Reviewed on 04/06/2020
Leslie D.
MIS Administrator
  • Reviewed on 21/04/2015

"Great for teams with no dedicated IT staff!"

Comments: We're a small non-profit that offers training to learners outside of our organization. We were using an enterprise LMS that was fully customizable, but VERY expensive, and not at all user-friendly. We needed a hosted system that was affordable, customizable, and allowed for several different training modalities (documents, videos, SCORM content, and Instructor-led sessions). We also needed something that didn't require us to have dedicated IT staff to manage it. We found ALL of this in LearnUpon. We've been using LearnUpon for almost a year and it has been working very well for us. It is a template-based LMS with so many customizable options - and all of the "behind-the-scenes" work is already done! The user interface is very intuitive and easy to use. You can add artwork, change color schemes, customize user data and email templates, add your own certificates, etc. With the "template" design of the system, we did have to figure a few "workarounds" to make it work for us. I have found their customer service to be top-notch. They are responsive, professional and helpful. Any issues I've had, they worked with me until we found a solution. They also seem to be very responsive to the needs of their customers. In the time I've been working with the system, I've seen several improvements based on customer feedback. I would recommend this company to anyone needing an LMS solution!

• Reviewed on 21/04/2015
Calum F.
Employee Success Consultant
  • Reviewed on 03/12/2019

"Very competitively priced - decent on features"

Comments: A great LMS and definitely a good choice for small to medium business who are growing. No need to tie into 1000's of licenses and pay for something you are not using - unlike other LMS.

Pros: Pricing per active user is a game changer. The cost per user is significantly lower than other LMS vendors I have worked with. Easy to use and fairly easy to train as admin. Low initial learning curve

Cons: Some features are limited - i.e. Learning Pathways - these cannot be changed once created which is a real issue for how we would have used these - it completely stoppped me from being able to use this feature in our organisation. The team were supportive in trying to find an alternative solution, but outwith courses/curriculum, the progressive learning is a little limited.

• Reviewed on 03/12/2019
Brian B.
IT Support Specialist
Food Production, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 08/01/2018

"Excellent Customer Support & Easy to use!"

Comments: Our training can be done remotely and without very little help from us for setup and use. Keeps the trainee more interested in learning. Less worry about having to redo old PowerPoint Slides and other documents Constantly.

Pros: I like how easy it is to cost, setup, management, ease of use, branding per company and remote connection from anywhere you have an internet connection. Above everything else the Customer Support is Outstanding and one of the main reasons we chose this company.

Cons: The video functionality and importing. We had to buy a 3rd party app to product content because it LearnUpon does not support certain file types or editing. The upload can take a while depending on how much content and bandwidth you have. We actually found that using a 3rd party app for our videos works better for us than most other software can offer. Ultimately, this inst that bad of a trade-off for the customer support and constant functionality updates to the program.

• Reviewed on 08/01/2018
Amanda K.
  • Reviewed on 05/05/2015

"Unbeatable customer service and constantly evolving"

Comments: LearnUpon's mission was to build an LMS that is quick to setup, super easy to use and backed up by exceptional customer support. They have, without a doubt, succeeded on all three goals. I was up and running with my first course in minutes. The interface is intuitive, easy on the eyes, and super clean. My clients have benefited from LearnUpon's quick portal set-up. I have been able to create customized demonstration portals, fully branded and populated with example user groups, courses, assessments, surveys, and reports, in a matter of hours allowing me to show the value of a learning portal to my clients based on their unique needs. It is fun to see how LearnUpon's LMS can solve challenges my clients and I have. As I experiment with the array of options for course content, learning paths, assessment, and reporting I frequently refer to their detailed Administrators Manual and well organized Knowledge Base to make sure I am utilizing all of the possibilities LearnUpon's LMS had to offer. When I have a question the documentation can't answer, LearnUpon's superior customer service offers expertise and professionalism unlike any I have experienced with a software product. Shane, Lisa, Carrie, Ian, Des and everyone else on the LearnUpon team are a pleasure to work with. My questions are often answered within hours and those that require a little investigation are followed up on in a timely and professional manner. The knowledgeable and prompt customer service LearnUpon provides has helped me build trust with my clients who have been burned in the past by apathetic support from other vendors. LearnUpon is always improving their product and services to their customers. They look to the industry for what features could help learners get the training and education they need to succeed. I highly recommend them if you are looking to invest in an LMS for your organization or for your growing training business.

• Reviewed on 05/05/2015
Margaret C.
Instructional Designer
Food & Beverages, 5,001-10,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 30/06/2020

"Great Product and Service"

Comments: My overall experience with LearnUpon has been fantastic. [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] and his team helped me to realize and build our online training site from the ground up. They were very patient with me in regards to training, answering my questions, and troubleshooting any issues that I encountered.

Pros: The software is very easy to use and versatile. I was able to customize the platform to match our company's banding and set it up to our very specific needs. I also like that I can choose to create a course using an external design software, upload it easily, and pair it with some of the design features already built into LearnUpon such as the exam and survey functions, or design the entire course completely within the software.

Cons: The only need that is lacking for us is the ability to sell tangible products through LearnUpon using the built in eCommerce function.

• Reviewed on 30/06/2020
Stephen C.
E-Learning Coordinator
Religious Institutions, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 04/10/2017

"A fantastic LMS. Well-designed, regular updates, excellent customer service."

Pros: LearnUpon's features are robust, but it is still simple to use. It's easy to maintain on the admin side, and I don't get questions from my learners about "where do I click." I can't say enough about the quality of service LearnUpon provides to its customers. My LearnUpon rep regularly contacts me to ask about our needs and to keep me informed of new features. Tech support responds to any issues I have within hours, and they'll work until the issue is completely resolved. LearnUpon actually listens to its customers when deciding what features to add or update. Great company, great product.

Cons: As a non-profit organization, most of our e-learners are voluntary. We depend on learners' self-motivation to continue learning, so we would value more features (such as social sharing) that help users stay engaged with the platform.

• Reviewed on 04/10/2017
Dave T.
Chief Business Development Officer
Restaurants, 1,001-5,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 10/04/2019

"A Great LMS - with an attractive User Interface"

Comments: The versatile training platform allows our employees to log in and view training material remotely on any device. New material can be uploaded in a matter of minutes. Easy to follow formats keep the learner engaged and on task. The easy-to-use Dashboard make navigation simple. A great product, I would promote to anyone.

Pros: Pros: Overall management, ease of use, functionality at all levels are major time-saving benefits. Being able to brand our company makes even our newest employees feel like they are rally part of something bigger. As an administrator, the ability remote connection from anywhere is amazingly effective. The Customer Support is Outstanding. Using Learning Paths for step-by-step training has simplifies the learning process.

Cons: Occasional glitches with new user log in. However, any issues that have come up over the years were immediately corrected by tech support.

• Reviewed on 10/04/2019
Trevor R.
Learning & Development Business Partner
Retail, 1,001-5,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 23/07/2019

"Great ROI from LearnUpon & Postive User feedback"

Comments: LU has enabled Eason to deliver impactful skills development modules and critical knowledge-building interventions with assurances on accuracy and consistency across our store-based workforce. This is achieved without any demand being placed on critical resource in store to deliver new knowledge and skill to the team. I continue to find the LU solution for Eason represents considerable return on our investment. User feedback on programmes hosted on our LU portals strongly suggest that our employees enjoy the learning experience on offer.

Pros: With a workforce in excess of 1,000 employees, many of whom have worked with Eason for over 15 years, almost all staff whether 'tech-savvy' or not, have found our LearnUpon portals to be easy to access, navigate and use.
LearnUpon have made it easy to customise the look and feel of the portal with corporate colours and branding. This has helped to establish online learning within Eason as part of our overall L&D strategy and demonstrates to our teams that the organisation is making strong investment in the development of our people through elearning methodologies.
Finally the support offered by the LearnUpon team means that any issues or requirements are addressed and resolved; far sooner than expected in terms of time, whilst also exceeding expectation on the practicality and usability of solutions offered.

Cons: Very little. Perhaps some additional reporting criteria would be useful when tracking progress across numerous user groups.

• Reviewed on 23/07/2019
John B.
Management Consulting, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 09/12/2020

"LearnUpon is an Extension of Who We Are"

Comments: My business utilizes training to implement corporate compliance goals and programs. The LU LMS, the LU staff, the LU customer interactions (all of them), and their genuine interest in us as customers and people puts LU in a rare, very spartan-populated category: business support that I absolutely can count on to make me feel good, look good and work well.

Pros: We were one of the first dozen or so customers of LU from over a decade ago. Their Learning Management System software has evolved over time to the point where I view their changes as opportunities to possibly improve relationships with MY customers. That commitment to help US to improve our business outreach came to be how we view the people, the philosophy and the approach LearnUpon represents to us. It's challenging to pick the aspect of the LU LMS I like the "most": the fact that after the initial learning curve is complete, it is easy and time efficient to use LU would probably be my favorite aspect. My customers would agree with me too.

Cons: It would be nice if LU had an in-house capability that could take our content and add some attractive visual elements as well as offering some suggestions to review and optimize our interaction and use of the LMS.

• Reviewed on 09/12/2020