LearnUpon Reviews

by LearnUpon

Filter by:

• Overall

About LearnUpon

Create, manage, deliver, and measure learning that helps your business grow without compromise.

Learn more about LearnUpon

Ezzy S.
Designer
Design, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 21/07/2021

"A Simple and Easy-to-Use LMs"

Comments: Overall, I'm extremely impressed with LearnUpon. It's the easiest LMS I've ever used. It's so user-friendly that I've seen about a 45% drop in usability questions and support requests from my learners.

Pros: LearnUpon's user interface is clean, beautiful, and very easy to use. The implementation was the easiest LMS implementation I've ever been a part of. The support you get from both the support team and your account rep are outstanding. The entire LMS is solidly built and extremely trustworthy.

Cons: This LMS is lacking in reporting tools. Luckily, the company is aware and working to build out more robust reports. In the meantime, however, you really have to export reports to Excel and figure it out from there. I also wish there was more flexibility in the way courses can be laid out. There aren't many options right now.

• Reviewed on 21/07/2021
Thomas S.
E-Learning, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 20/08/2020

"Fantastic support and great solution for corporate learning"

Comments: Over the years I have been a very demanding customer and an ill tempered one at that when I was stressed out about things not at all related to the learning management system. Every time I was grumpy the support guys and gals were supportive and patient with me and focused on helping me in whatever query I had. I built my business with Learnupon as its backbone and never regret the decision. I am proud to be one of their first 100 customers and delighted to see them with over 1000 now. I celebrated my first big contract with a bottle of champagne with the Learnupon Staff in their headquarters, was invited to a customer appreciation evening with canapés when they moved to bigger premises, and they sent my wife flowers on the birth of our daughter... what more can I say? They are integral to my business now and I deeply appreciate the ongoing support and product developments which make the system bigger and better every year. Thanks Learnupon.com and keep up the great work!

Pros: I found the LMS to be very user friendly and very importantly whenever I had an issue of a problem doing something, or as was more likely the case, whenever I screwed something up, the Learnupon support were there to save the day and provide a solution.

Cons: At the start (I am with them over 5 years now) I didn't like the e-commerce side but it was significantly improved over time and most importantly, an integration was created to work with Shopify and Zapier which has really transformed my business.

• Reviewed on 20/08/2020
Kariann D.
Director of Education
Nonprofit Organization Management, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 11/09/2019

"User-friendly"

Pros: The ease of use on both the administrator and user side is fabulous.

Cons: There were some features that I needed/would have liked to use. With the suggestions, they have been moving forward with their development team to make changes and improvements to their platform. My Customer Success Manager meets with me frequently to discuss any issues I have and to update me on any changes that will be forthcoming to the platform. The level of communication from LU is excellent.

• Reviewed on 11/09/2019
Chris J.
Online Training Manager
Mining & Metals, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 16/08/2019

"Great Customer Service, Awesome Staff, and a Quality Product"

Comments: We looked at twelve Learning Management Systems before choosing LearnUpon. We needed and LMS that would host on a reliable server they maintain, integrate with Salesforce easily, and not break the bank. LearnUpon has delivered on all points, and more. They met, and exceeded, all expectations and continue to improve every month. Our decision was made several years go. Since signing on with LearnUpon, I have had the pleasure of communicating with several staff members in various scenarios, and all of them are great. I have permission from the reps to call them out personally in this review as outstanding, kind, intelligent, and amazing humans. (To be fair, everyone at LearnUpon is pretty great, but the reps are just too cool for words.)

Pros: It always works; servers do not go down. Learner issues are minimal. Any problems are usually due to issues outside LearnUpon's control. 24-hour support response is quick, robust, and almost always dead-on. When you sign up, you get an account manager who helps you through your implementation to suit your workflows. The team actually listens to upgrade requests and bug reports. I know, because I see solutions implemented. Further, a member of the team usually contacts me to let me know my request was addressed and available in the software. In addition to listening to upgrade requests and bug reports, the team actually seems happy that I contacted them with an issue. There appears to be a genuine desire to provide the best software and have the happiest group of clients on the planet, which speaks volumes as to the culture at LearnUpon. When your clients can see that you have a great culture, you are winning.

Cons: Support is via email. Sometimes it is time-consuming, or difficult, to communicate and resolve a problem in writing. That being said, I can always email my account manager for complex issues, who is happy to engage via a phone call; typically the same day. Things you want aren't always discoverable on your own. I have often called in to ask about a feature and am told someone has to flip a switch to activate the option. While I understand that this procedure is to keep the software usable and protect us from ourselves, which I appreciate, I also like the freedom to explore a little more on my own. To be fair, I rarely have time to read the blog posts and other information from LearnUpon. Perhaps these features are mentioned in the blogs. They do not offer an integrated Learning Record Store, so I haven't had the opportunity to use my xAPI data as robustly as I would like. I actually do not even know what I could do because I do not have a Learning Record Store to play with.

• Reviewed on 16/08/2019
Alex A.
eLearning developer
  • Reviewed on 23/05/2016

"Stable, clean, and streams beautifully (even in Australia!)"

Comments: In soliciting Capterra to help choose an LMS for my client, the main need was to stream SCORM mods globally in four countries. Many providers are US focused and can't deliver a seamless experience (dire experience with Litmos!) Migrating to LearnUpon has been effortless and with support in both hemispheres my client felt truly supported. LearnUpon has just the right amount of features for corporate training without all the unnecessary bells 'n whistles. However, more features are in the pipeline and in a matter of weeks a brand new sparkling UI (User Interface) will be launched which will afford a more natural, gamified experience. The system took a little while to get used to in terms of defining and setting up roles so am hoping the new UI will make it more obvious what the nuances are. A big issue we had was getting our articulate mods to be responsive which is not currently supported. Again, the new UI should make this more usable for mobile users. Overall experience has been great and where we had issues or queries our Account Manager has bent over backwards to assist. Would highly recommend.

• Reviewed on 23/05/2016
Rebecca M.
Rebecca M.
Content Developer
Human Resources, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 08/01/2019

"Feature packed, easy to use, AWESOME support"

Comments: I've worked with several LMSes and this is by far the best in terms of ease of use, functionality, and customer support, and cost.

Pros: - Easy to use
- Packed with features that are intuitive and that work to your advantage
- Rarely ever have to use workarounds to do what I want
- Customer support is WORLD CLASS.

Cons: - Migration of your transcript information from your old LMS to LearnUpon comes at a fee. The rest of the work (migrating content, migrating users) is up to you.
- Occasionally there are features I wish did a certain thing, and I contacted my success representative and he helps me figure out how to do it a different way! This is very rare!

• Reviewed on 08/01/2019
Sarah W.
Sarah W.
Customer Support Specialist
Health, Wellness & Fitness, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 21/08/2019

"Excellent Platform!"

Pros: LearnUpon is an excellent platform that allows us to reach our customers across North America, as well as potential customers internationally. It is easy to use and share and makes our company look very professional and dedicated to education.

Cons: I think at times it can be confusing to navigate through the courses/learning path.

• Reviewed on 21/08/2019
Andreanne C.
Training and quality control
  • Reviewed on 12/11/2014

"Learn Upon in a call center environment"

Comments: I work in a 24h/7 days operational call center in Montreal, Quebec that specialize in messaging services. I am in charge of training and coaching agents on more than 700 different accounts and since I cannot be on site all the time, I use LearnUpon to do a big part of my training. I am able to put videos, tests and documents for my coworkers. We also use the surveys which allow the management and myself to have feedback from our coworkers and obtain answers to general questions. Learn Upon is easy to use even for someone not really tech savvy and whose first language is not English. I get a lot of positive comments from my colleagues and Learn Upon is used daily.

• Reviewed on 12/11/2014
Ryan C.
Partner
  • Reviewed on 28/05/2015

"LearnUpon has been wonderful to work with and use!"

Comments: We have been using LearnUpon for about 2 years now and I do not have one negative thing to say about the company or the platform. It is extremely easy to use and navigate, and some of the features just surpass what other comparable LMS systems are doing. Working in the leadership coaching field, we deal a lot with customer relations, and LearnUpon has been nothing but a revelation to work with. They are quick to answer questions and get you the help you need, as well as constantly updating and improving the system based on what their customers are looking for and submitting to them. I would recommend LearnUpon to anyone looking for an LMS system.

• Reviewed on 28/05/2015
Debra M.
ELearning Developer and LMS Administrator
  • Reviewed on 07/03/2016

"Opening the Door to a New Portal..."

Comments: I like that LearnUpon is a robust student-centric LMS. It gives students the ability to download content, manage their learning modules and ultimately print a Certificate. On the Admin side, it is powerful too. In some ways, it's a lot like Word Mail Merge. There are lots of {fields} which show up in email notifications, certificates and reports. There is a learning curve and there are oodles of features which can be enabled or disabled. I have learned a lot from both the Support Team and the Knowledge Base. Thanks to all!

• Reviewed on 07/03/2016
Mateus S.
Suporte
Translation & Localization, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 06/08/2018

"Great option for LMS and pretty easy to use."

Pros: I had a few experiences with LMS and LearnUpon is by far one of the easiest and robust out there it supports a plethora of software such as PowerPoint, word and so on, so you can work with the most popular tools out there and its very simple and easy to maintain even on the admin side.

Cons: A few additional features would make the software more appealing such as (integration with webex tools and more supported formats for media upload).

• Reviewed on 06/08/2018
Stephanie P.
  • Reviewed on 16/03/2017

"The ease of use and amazing support sold us!"

Comments: If I could give more than 5 stars for support, I would. The support on this platform is amazing. We needed an easy-to-use platform and their competitive pricing and extremely simple platform made it easy to consider them. When we experienced their support, it sealed the deal.

• Reviewed on 16/03/2017
Rachel M.
Head of Training
Construction
  • Source: SoftwareAdvice
  • Reviewed on 17/06/2016

"Perfect for the Technophobe!"

Pros: Easy to use with a very comprehensive help guide that talks you through everything you need to set up. The technical support offered by LearnUpon is second to none - very quick responses and friendly staff.

Cons: It would be great to be able to change the front dashboard screen to put a training calendar on there or other notifications

• Source: SoftwareAdvice
  • Reviewed on 17/06/2016
James S.
Marketing and Design
Medical Devices, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 19/06/2020

"Implementation went well"

Pros: Fairly easy to use and with the help of [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] implementation has gone smoothly. He's been great help and very responsive.

Cons: Would like more customizing options in courses or an wysiwyg editor would be nice.

• Reviewed on 19/06/2020
Calum F.
Employee Success Consultant
  • Reviewed on 03/12/2019

"Very competitively priced - decent on features"

Comments: A great LMS and definitely a good choice for small to medium business who are growing. No need to tie into 1000's of licenses and pay for something you are not using - unlike other LMS.

Pros: Pricing per active user is a game changer. The cost per user is significantly lower than other LMS vendors I have worked with. Easy to use and fairly easy to train as admin. Low initial learning curve

Cons: Some features are limited - i.e. Learning Pathways - these cannot be changed once created which is a real issue for how we would have used these - it completely stoppped me from being able to use this feature in our organisation. The team were supportive in trying to find an alternative solution, but outwith courses/curriculum, the progressive learning is a little limited.

• Reviewed on 03/12/2019
John B.
John B.
Management Consulting, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 09/12/2020

"LearnUpon is an Extension of Who We Are"

Comments: My business utilizes training to implement corporate compliance goals and programs. The LU LMS, the LU staff, the LU customer interactions (all of them), and their genuine interest in us as customers and people puts LU in a rare, very spartan-populated category: business support that I absolutely can count on to make me feel good, look good and work well.

Pros: We were one of the first dozen or so customers of LU from over a decade ago. Their Learning Management System software has evolved over time to the point where I view their changes as opportunities to possibly improve relationships with MY customers. That commitment to help US to improve our business outreach came to be how we view the people, the philosophy and the approach LearnUpon represents to us. It's challenging to pick the aspect of the LU LMS I like the "most": the fact that after the initial learning curve is complete, it is easy and time efficient to use LU would probably be my favorite aspect. My customers would agree with me too.

Cons: It would be nice if LU had an in-house capability that could take our content and add some attractive visual elements as well as offering some suggestions to review and optimize our interaction and use of the LMS.

• Reviewed on 09/12/2020
Trevor R.
Learning & Development Business Partner
Retail, 1,001-5,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 23/07/2019

"Great ROI from LearnUpon & Postive User feedback"

Comments: LU has enabled Eason to deliver impactful skills development modules and critical knowledge-building interventions with assurances on accuracy and consistency across our store-based workforce. This is achieved without any demand being placed on critical resource in store to deliver new knowledge and skill to the team. I continue to find the LU solution for Eason represents considerable return on our investment. User feedback on programmes hosted on our LU portals strongly suggest that our employees enjoy the learning experience on offer.

Pros: With a workforce in excess of 1,000 employees, many of whom have worked with Eason for over 15 years, almost all staff whether 'tech-savvy' or not, have found our LearnUpon portals to be easy to access, navigate and use.
LearnUpon have made it easy to customise the look and feel of the portal with corporate colours and branding. This has helped to establish online learning within Eason as part of our overall L&D strategy and demonstrates to our teams that the organisation is making strong investment in the development of our people through elearning methodologies.
Finally the support offered by the LearnUpon team means that any issues or requirements are addressed and resolved; far sooner than expected in terms of time, whilst also exceeding expectation on the practicality and usability of solutions offered.

Cons: Very little. Perhaps some additional reporting criteria would be useful when tracking progress across numerous user groups.

• Reviewed on 23/07/2019
Dave T.
Chief Business Development Officer
Restaurants, 1,001-5,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 10/04/2019

"A Great LMS - with an attractive User Interface"

Comments: The versatile training platform allows our employees to log in and view training material remotely on any device. New material can be uploaded in a matter of minutes. Easy to follow formats keep the learner engaged and on task. The easy-to-use Dashboard make navigation simple. A great product, I would promote to anyone.

Pros: Pros: Overall management, ease of use, functionality at all levels are major time-saving benefits. Being able to brand our company makes even our newest employees feel like they are rally part of something bigger. As an administrator, the ability remote connection from anywhere is amazingly effective. The Customer Support is Outstanding. Using Learning Paths for step-by-step training has simplifies the learning process.

Cons: Occasional glitches with new user log in. However, any issues that have come up over the years were immediately corrected by tech support.

• Reviewed on 10/04/2019
Stephen C.
E-Learning Coordinator
Religious Institutions, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 04/10/2017

"A fantastic LMS. Well-designed, regular updates, excellent customer service."

Pros: LearnUpon's features are robust, but it is still simple to use. It's easy to maintain on the admin side, and I don't get questions from my learners about "where do I click." I can't say enough about the quality of service LearnUpon provides to its customers. My LearnUpon rep regularly contacts me to ask about our needs and to keep me informed of new features. Tech support responds to any issues I have within hours, and they'll work until the issue is completely resolved. LearnUpon actually listens to its customers when deciding what features to add or update. Great company, great product.

Cons: As a non-profit organization, most of our e-learners are voluntary. We depend on learners' self-motivation to continue learning, so we would value more features (such as social sharing) that help users stay engaged with the platform.

• Reviewed on 04/10/2017
Margaret C.
Margaret C.
Instructional Designer
Food & Beverages, 5,001-10,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 30/06/2020

"Great Product and Service"

Comments: My overall experience with LearnUpon has been fantastic. [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] and his team helped me to realize and build our online training site from the ground up. They were very patient with me in regards to training, answering my questions, and troubleshooting any issues that I encountered.

Pros: The software is very easy to use and versatile. I was able to customize the platform to match our company's banding and set it up to our very specific needs. I also like that I can choose to create a course using an external design software, upload it easily, and pair it with some of the design features already built into LearnUpon such as the exam and survey functions, or design the entire course completely within the software.

Cons: The only need that is lacking for us is the ability to sell tangible products through LearnUpon using the built in eCommerce function.

• Reviewed on 30/06/2020
Amanda K.
  • Reviewed on 05/05/2015

"Unbeatable customer service and constantly evolving"

Comments: LearnUpon's mission was to build an LMS that is quick to setup, super easy to use and backed up by exceptional customer support. They have, without a doubt, succeeded on all three goals. I was up and running with my first course in minutes. The interface is intuitive, easy on the eyes, and super clean. My clients have benefited from LearnUpon's quick portal set-up. I have been able to create customized demonstration portals, fully branded and populated with example user groups, courses, assessments, surveys, and reports, in a matter of hours allowing me to show the value of a learning portal to my clients based on their unique needs. It is fun to see how LearnUpon's LMS can solve challenges my clients and I have. As I experiment with the array of options for course content, learning paths, assessment, and reporting I frequently refer to their detailed Administrators Manual and well organized Knowledge Base to make sure I am utilizing all of the possibilities LearnUpon's LMS had to offer. When I have a question the documentation can't answer, LearnUpon's superior customer service offers expertise and professionalism unlike any I have experienced with a software product. Shane, Lisa, Carrie, Ian, Des and everyone else on the LearnUpon team are a pleasure to work with. My questions are often answered within hours and those that require a little investigation are followed up on in a timely and professional manner. The knowledgeable and prompt customer service LearnUpon provides has helped me build trust with my clients who have been burned in the past by apathetic support from other vendors. LearnUpon is always improving their product and services to their customers. They look to the industry for what features could help learners get the training and education they need to succeed. I highly recommend them if you are looking to invest in an LMS for your organization or for your growing training business.

• Reviewed on 05/05/2015
Brian B.
IT Support Specialist
Food Production, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 08/01/2018

"Excellent Customer Support & Easy to use!"

Comments: Our training can be done remotely and without very little help from us for setup and use. Keeps the trainee more interested in learning. Less worry about having to redo old PowerPoint Slides and other documents Constantly.

Pros: I like how easy it is to cost, setup, management, ease of use, branding per company and remote connection from anywhere you have an internet connection. Above everything else the Customer Support is Outstanding and one of the main reasons we chose this company.

Cons: The video functionality and importing. We had to buy a 3rd party app to product content because it LearnUpon does not support certain file types or editing. The upload can take a while depending on how much content and bandwidth you have. We actually found that using a 3rd party app for our videos works better for us than most other software can offer. Ultimately, this inst that bad of a trade-off for the customer support and constant functionality updates to the program.

• Reviewed on 08/01/2018
Leslie D.
MIS Administrator
  • Reviewed on 21/04/2015

"Great for teams with no dedicated IT staff!"

Comments: We're a small non-profit that offers training to learners outside of our organization. We were using an enterprise LMS that was fully customizable, but VERY expensive, and not at all user-friendly. We needed a hosted system that was affordable, customizable, and allowed for several different training modalities (documents, videos, SCORM content, and Instructor-led sessions). We also needed something that didn't require us to have dedicated IT staff to manage it. We found ALL of this in LearnUpon. We've been using LearnUpon for almost a year and it has been working very well for us. It is a template-based LMS with so many customizable options - and all of the "behind-the-scenes" work is already done! The user interface is very intuitive and easy to use. You can add artwork, change color schemes, customize user data and email templates, add your own certificates, etc. With the "template" design of the system, we did have to figure a few "workarounds" to make it work for us. I have found their customer service to be top-notch. They are responsive, professional and helpful. Any issues I've had, they worked with me until we found a solution. They also seem to be very responsive to the needs of their customers. In the time I've been working with the system, I've seen several improvements based on customer feedback. I would recommend this company to anyone needing an LMS solution!

• Reviewed on 21/04/2015
Tamara S.
Learning Management System Intern
Financial Services, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 04/06/2020

"Intuitive & Excellent Support"

Comments: As we have been converting live training sessions to digital courses, LearnUpon has made it easy to create standardized, professional, and thorough training courses.

Pros: LearnUpon is extremely intuitive. After just a few days of working with it, I already feel competent and capable of creating clean, high quality courses. Some of its greatest appeals are the ample opportunities for admins and students to interact through assignments, feedback, and notifications. Additionally, the LU staff has been incredibly supportive and delightful to work with. They pointed me in the direction of plenty of resources to help me fully utilize the features LU has to offer.

Cons: It took more effort to understand the relationship between the library, catalog, and resource uploads, but nothing that couldn't be easily explained or researched.

• Reviewed on 04/06/2020
Monika M.
Monika M.
Learning and Development
Real Estate, 1,001-5,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 21/11/2019

"Above and Beyond"

Comments: The customer service is absolutely outstanding! From the very first call and email, their staff was friendly, responsive, knowledgeable, and you can tell they believe in the product. Thus far I am nothing but impressed, and I can’t wait to see how our company will be able to use an LMS like LearnUpon in our business. We are so pleased to have chosen such a dedicated vendor!

Pros: The functionality is extremely user friendly from the administration and learner perspectives. LearnUpon also has a LearnUpon University that takes you through the navigation and settings of the software and assigns a customer support specialist so all questions are answered!

Cons: I can’t say that I have a negative thing to say about LearnUpon.

• Reviewed on 21/11/2019