• Overall
    4.8 /5
    4.7 /5
    4.9 /5

About LearnUpon

Unlock the power of learning with LearnUpon LMS; one unified training solution to support learning across your entire network.

Learn more about LearnUpon

Thomas S.
E-Learning, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 20/08/2020

"Fantastic support and great solution for corporate learning"

Comments: Over the years I have been a very demanding customer and an ill tempered one at that when I was stressed out about things not at all related to the learning management system. Every time I was grumpy the support guys and gals were supportive and patient with me and focused on helping me in whatever query I had. I built my business with Learnupon as its backbone and never regret the decision. I am proud to be one of their first 100 customers and delighted to see them with over 1000 now. I celebrated my first big contract with a bottle of champagne with the Learnupon Staff in their headquarters, was invited to a customer appreciation evening with canapés when they moved to bigger premises, and they sent my wife flowers on the birth of our daughter... what more can I say? They are integral to my business now and I deeply appreciate the ongoing support and product developments which make the system bigger and better every year. Thanks Learnupon.com and keep up the great work!

Pros: I found the LMS to be very user friendly and very importantly whenever I had an issue of a problem doing something, or as was more likely the case, whenever I screwed something up, the Learnupon support were there to save the day and provide a solution.

Cons: At the start (I am with them over 5 years now) I didn't like the e-commerce side but it was significantly improved over time and most importantly, an integration was created to work with Shopify and Zapier which has really transformed my business.

• Reviewed on 20/08/2020
Kariann D.
Director of Education
Nonprofit Organization Management, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 11/09/2019

"User-friendly"

Pros: The ease of use on both the administrator and user side is fabulous.

Cons: There were some features that I needed/would have liked to use. With the suggestions, they have been moving forward with their development team to make changes and improvements to their platform. My Customer Success Manager meets with me frequently to discuss any issues I have and to update me on any changes that will be forthcoming to the platform. The level of communication from LU is excellent.

• Reviewed on 11/09/2019
Chris J.
Online Training Manager
Mining & Metals, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 16/08/2019

"Great Customer Service, Awesome Staff, and a Quality Product"

Comments: We looked at twelve Learning Management Systems before choosing LearnUpon. We needed and LMS that would host on a reliable server they maintain, integrate with Salesforce easily, and not break the bank. LearnUpon has delivered on all points, and more. They met, and exceeded, all expectations and continue to improve every month. Our decision was made several years go. Since signing on with LearnUpon, I have had the pleasure of communicating with several staff members in various scenarios, and all of them are great. I have permission from the reps to call them out personally in this review as outstanding, kind, intelligent, and amazing humans. (To be fair, everyone at LearnUpon is pretty great, but the reps are just too cool for words.)

Pros: It always works; servers do not go down. Learner issues are minimal. Any problems are usually due to issues outside LearnUpon's control. 24-hour support response is quick, robust, and almost always dead-on. When you sign up, you get an account manager who helps you through your implementation to suit your workflows. The team actually listens to upgrade requests and bug reports. I know, because I see solutions implemented. Further, a member of the team usually contacts me to let me know my request was addressed and available in the software. In addition to listening to upgrade requests and bug reports, the team actually seems happy that I contacted them with an issue. There appears to be a genuine desire to provide the best software and have the happiest group of clients on the planet, which speaks volumes as to the culture at LearnUpon. When your clients can see that you have a great culture, you are winning.

Cons: Support is via email. Sometimes it is time-consuming, or difficult, to communicate and resolve a problem in writing. That being said, I can always email my account manager for complex issues, who is happy to engage via a phone call; typically the same day. Things you want aren't always discoverable on your own. I have often called in to ask about a feature and am told someone has to flip a switch to activate the option. While I understand that this procedure is to keep the software usable and protect us from ourselves, which I appreciate, I also like the freedom to explore a little more on my own. To be fair, I rarely have time to read the blog posts and other information from LearnUpon. Perhaps these features are mentioned in the blogs. They do not offer an integrated Learning Record Store, so I haven't had the opportunity to use my xAPI data as robustly as I would like. I actually do not even know what I could do because I do not have a Learning Record Store to play with.

• Reviewed on 16/08/2019
Alex A.
eLearning developer
  • Reviewed on 23/05/2016

"Stable, clean, and streams beautifully (even in Australia!)"

Comments: In soliciting Capterra to help choose an LMS for my client, the main need was to stream SCORM mods globally in four countries. Many providers are US focused and can't deliver a seamless experience (dire experience with Litmos!) Migrating to LearnUpon has been effortless and with support in both hemispheres my client felt truly supported. LearnUpon has just the right amount of features for corporate training without all the unnecessary bells 'n whistles. However, more features are in the pipeline and in a matter of weeks a brand new sparkling UI (User Interface) will be launched which will afford a more natural, gamified experience. The system took a little while to get used to in terms of defining and setting up roles so am hoping the new UI will make it more obvious what the nuances are. A big issue we had was getting our articulate mods to be responsive which is not currently supported. Again, the new UI should make this more usable for mobile users. Overall experience has been great and where we had issues or queries our Account Manager has bent over backwards to assist. Would highly recommend.

• Reviewed on 23/05/2016
Rebecca M.
Content Developer
Human Resources, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 08/01/2019

"Feature packed, easy to use, AWESOME support"

Comments: I've worked with several LMSes and this is by far the best in terms of ease of use, functionality, and customer support, and cost.

Pros: - Easy to use
- Packed with features that are intuitive and that work to your advantage
- Rarely ever have to use workarounds to do what I want
- Customer support is WORLD CLASS.

Cons: - Migration of your transcript information from your old LMS to LearnUpon comes at a fee. The rest of the work (migrating content, migrating users) is up to you.
- Occasionally there are features I wish did a certain thing, and I contacted my success representative and he helps me figure out how to do it a different way! This is very rare!

• Reviewed on 08/01/2019
Sarah W.
Customer Support Specialist
Health, Wellness & Fitness, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 21/08/2019

"Excellent Platform!"

Pros: LearnUpon is an excellent platform that allows us to reach our customers across North America, as well as potential customers internationally. It is easy to use and share and makes our company look very professional and dedicated to education.

Cons: I think at times it can be confusing to navigate through the courses/learning path.

• Reviewed on 21/08/2019
Andreanne C.
Training and quality control
  • Reviewed on 12/11/2014

"Learn Upon in a call center environment"

Comments: I work in a 24h/7 days operational call center in Montreal, Quebec that specialize in messaging services. I am in charge of training and coaching agents on more than 700 different accounts and since I cannot be on site all the time, I use LearnUpon to do a big part of my training. I am able to put videos, tests and documents for my coworkers. We also use the surveys which allow the management and myself to have feedback from our coworkers and obtain answers to general questions. Learn Upon is easy to use even for someone not really tech savvy and whose first language is not English. I get a lot of positive comments from my colleagues and Learn Upon is used daily.

• Reviewed on 12/11/2014
Ryan C.
Partner
  • Reviewed on 28/05/2015

"LearnUpon has been wonderful to work with and use!"

Comments: We have been using LearnUpon for about 2 years now and I do not have one negative thing to say about the company or the platform. It is extremely easy to use and navigate, and some of the features just surpass what other comparable LMS systems are doing. Working in the leadership coaching field, we deal a lot with customer relations, and LearnUpon has been nothing but a revelation to work with. They are quick to answer questions and get you the help you need, as well as constantly updating and improving the system based on what their customers are looking for and submitting to them. I would recommend LearnUpon to anyone looking for an LMS system.

• Reviewed on 28/05/2015
Debra M.
ELearning Developer and LMS Administrator
  • Reviewed on 07/03/2016

"Opening the Door to a New Portal..."

Comments: I like that LearnUpon is a robust student-centric LMS. It gives students the ability to download content, manage their learning modules and ultimately print a Certificate. On the Admin side, it is powerful too. In some ways, it's a lot like Word Mail Merge. There are lots of {fields} which show up in email notifications, certificates and reports. There is a learning curve and there are oodles of features which can be enabled or disabled. I have learned a lot from both the Support Team and the Knowledge Base. Thanks to all!

• Reviewed on 07/03/2016
Mateus S.
Suporte
Translation & Localization, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 06/08/2018

"Great option for LMS and pretty easy to use."

Pros: I had a few experiences with LMS and LearnUpon is by far one of the easiest and robust out there it supports a plethora of software such as PowerPoint, word and so on, so you can work with the most popular tools out there and its very simple and easy to maintain even on the admin side.

Cons: A few additional features would make the software more appealing such as (integration with webex tools and more supported formats for media upload).

• Reviewed on 06/08/2018
Stephanie P.
  • Reviewed on 16/03/2017

"The ease of use and amazing support sold us!"

Comments: If I could give more than 5 stars for support, I would. The support on this platform is amazing. We needed an easy-to-use platform and their competitive pricing and extremely simple platform made it easy to consider them. When we experienced their support, it sealed the deal.

• Reviewed on 16/03/2017
Rachel M.
Head of Training
Construction
    4.5 /5
  • Reviewed on 17/06/2016

"Perfect for the Technophobe!"

Pros: Easy to use with a very comprehensive help guide that talks you through everything you need to set up. The technical support offered by LearnUpon is second to none - very quick responses and friendly staff.

Cons: It would be great to be able to change the front dashboard screen to put a training calendar on there or other notifications

• Reviewed on 17/06/2016
James S.
Marketing and Design
Medical Devices, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 19/06/2020

"Implementation went well"

Pros: Fairly easy to use and with the help of [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] implementation has gone smoothly. He's been great help and very responsive.

Cons: Would like more customizing options in courses or an wysiwyg editor would be nice.

• Reviewed on 19/06/2020
VP of Learning and Development
Hospital & Health Care, 501-1,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 28/08/2019

"Excellent LMS!"

Comments: This is perhaps the best experience I've ever had with a new product roll out. The customer service is leaps and bounds over any other company I've ever worked with.

Pros: We love the ease of use and the clean UI. It was really simple to jump in and start setting up our portal and when we got hung up they offer tons of resources to help you out. On the off chance that I couldn't find the answer, the LU team has always quickly answered me and I don't believe I've waited over a few hours for an answer from them.

Cons: The certificates are a little wonky, but I've been assured they are working on an update for this feature.

• Reviewed on 28/08/2019
Richard L.
Learning Development Manager
  • Reviewed on 17/07/2018

"LearnUpon is easy to use as an admin and easy to imp0lement"

Comments: Easiest LMS I have used to implement and manage.

Pros: I tested several LMS' based on my requirements. The main thing I wanted to see if I could setup content and courses in each without having to dig into the user guide. I found once I figured out were to go for what I wanted to do the setup was easy. The SAML SSO integration was fairly easy and support was very attentive. Our Customer Success Specialist has been very helpful and provided a great plan for us to get started. I should have taken advantage of this resource more. They are in Ireland and we are in California, but you would never even know that when you contact support, they have been very responsive. Even if they did not have the answer they got back quickly to let me know they would get the answer.

Cons: The SSO Integrations was easy, but we are seeing issues with the enrollments not properly being assigned. It is hard to diagnose if this is from our end or LU. I have noticed a few issues where users are enrolled in learning paths or courses and their dashboard will not display the content. When you make updates to content (videos or assessments) I have seen a few occasions when the user is supposed to have to re-take the test or course and they cannot. Essentially they are stuck. In fairness, the setup I did caused this issue, but when it was adjusted they were still stuck. Reports are limited. I really need a monthly Users report, but it does not reside in reports. I have to actually export the Users list, then user Excel to sort and filter. I feel this should be this cannot be a simple automated report.

• Reviewed on 17/07/2018
Jason S.
Education Management, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 19/12/2019

"Hands down the ONLY Learning Management System to consider"

Comments: Customer Service, Customer Service, Customer Service. This company never ceases to amaze me when it comes to the hands-on approach they take to customer service. You are assigned a customer success manager from day one, and that individual walks you through the entire process. For us, it was the process of switching from one provider to LearnUpon, and my CSM (Sam) made the process extremely easy. If there is ever a tech issue their tech support help desk is fast to come to the rescue and they treat your issues as seriously as you do.

Pros: This LMS is very user-friendly both from the management side and the learner side. It is visually pleasing to look at, and you don't have to have any coding experience to customize the content and environment to fit your customer's needs and brands.

Cons: If I had to scrape the bottom of the barrel to find something I didn't like I would say that on occasion there is a "click" too many in a process of creating a course or assessment. With that being said, I have been with LearnUpon now for 2 years and they are constantly improving their platform and I have seen improvement in this area.

• Reviewed on 19/12/2019
Heidi T.
Instructional Developer
Plastics, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 26/11/2019

"Excellent LMS and Even Better Customer Service!"

Comments: Our overall experience with LearnUpon has exceeded our expectations. They were able to provide a solution for our needs of requiring an LMS that we can scale for our global training - both in-house and for our customers.
What sets the company apart is their customer service. We have worked with other LMSs in the past and customer support and service has been a struggle. When starting with LearnUpon, we were given a Customer Success Manager who has been responsible for helping us beginning with implementation, all the way through launching a project, and for any daily questions that arise. Their team is responsive, knowledgeable, and extremely helpful. I feel that their Customer Support team could teach a class on how to treat customers.

Pros: The LearnUpon interface is very user-friendly.

Cons: Nothing I can think of at this moment. Any issues that we have encountered have been quickly resolved and usually just a matter of educating ourselves on parts of the system.

• Reviewed on 26/11/2019
Richard smith
  • Reviewed on 10/11/2013

"The perfect LMS for commercial training companies"

Comments: I highly recommend LearnUpon to any training company serious about providing its customers with a superb eLearning experience. We invested heavily in developing stunning eLearning content and needed an LMS to match. After six months of trialing countless different systems I was losing hope of finding one, then I discovered LearnUpon and haven't looked back. I don't feel like I have just bought a product, I feel like I have entered into a partnership with a highly skilled, ambitious and professional team of LMS experts. They're a young, vibrant, ambitious team who definitely put their customers at the very centre of what they do. They understand that their customers aren't buying a system, they're buying a means for taking their eLearning products to market. I believe that you can only be as good as your worst supplier - since adopting the LearnUpon LMS our customers and their learners have gained much added value and overall a superb eLearning experience. We use LearnUpon to provide direct access to our eLearning to end-users and we also provide our larger clients with a branded portal on the system so they can administer and manage their staff's access to our eLearning courses. It works perfectly in both cases.

Pros: Great customer portal functionality, with really smart branding and white labeling options
Intuitive, versatile, smart and affordable.
Really easy to use and maintain.

Cons: None. It does everything we need it to do and more. Our eLearning courses are relatively short (60-90 mins). I therefore cannot speak for how well it would work with heavier courses, although I see no reason why it wouldn't be just as good.

• Reviewed on 10/11/2013
Gregory B.
Chief Business Officer
Hospital & Health Care, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 26/08/2019

"Learn Upon hits the mark!"

Comments: It has been a very easy partnership. We were cautiously optimistic about the customer service during the sales process and have become raving fans post with our actual experience.

Pros: The tool is excellent and meets all the needs we identified in our acquisition process... but the customer support is what has made it a great decision.

Cons: Some of the intricacies of how the platform works... an example would be...building test questions in a test bank and pulling them into the course- 2 steps instead of just building the questions in the course. Customer support helped with items like this and helped us build out the process needed to be successful.

• Reviewed on 26/08/2019
Lindsey M.
Senior Manager, Demand Generation
  • Reviewed on 12/03/2021

"LearnUpon is easy to use and meets various needs"

Comments: It has worked well enough for us, we are able to add training videos, exams and track how many people have completed certain compliance milestones.

Pros: It is easy to use and allows learners to access learning materials quickly and easily. Our team can share information, add exams, and deadlines.

Cons: No real dislikes about the software, we use it in an unconventional way in that it is for corporate training and employee compliance. But it works and allows us to meet the needs of multiple business units.

• Reviewed on 12/03/2021
Sergey P.
Design, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 30/03/2018

"We trialed this solution with our client."

Comments: Excellent Learning Management System with Salesforce integration.

Pros: This software is easy to use and has all the features needed for medium-sized business to implement a learning management system. A killer feature is, to my opinion a Salesforce integration. Not many LMS have this.

Cons: The pricing was a bit prohibitive, and with our client we decided to choose a free option. After that our client plans to return to LearnUpon - after they battle-test everything and decide which features they really need.

• Reviewed on 30/03/2018
Hospital & Health Care, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 14/07/2020

"Great features and support"

Comments: Amazing support

Pros: rich feature set and sophisticated look

Cons: Would like for an option to have default settings, rather than needing to select options for each course/resource

• Reviewed on 14/07/2020
Lynette B.
Associate Director, Business Operations
  • Reviewed on 10/07/2015

"Outstanding Learning Management System"

Comments: LearnUpon has been our LMS for the past two years. There are many LMS choices on the market and deciding which system to select is never easy, but we simply couldn't have made a better choice when we selected LearnUpon. Navigating in the system is intuitive at all levels (student, instructor, and administrator). The system is reliable, flexible, and convenient .... and the LearnUpon staff delivers the highest quality of support and service! LearnUpon designs their courses and delivers service to ensure their customers' success. You simply couldn't ask for a better LMS partner and product!

• Reviewed on 10/07/2015
Eve M.
Project support.
Health, Wellness & Fitness
  • Reviewed on 02/10/2017

"Learn upon has been been a great addition to our service and a breathe of fresh air."

Comments: The independence of uploading our own content that is copy protected. This is a big thing working in the NHS.

Pros: The functionality and ease of it is a great positive compared to our old package. The customer service is what is really a great sell for Learn upon. Regardless of the question the team is always so happy help and to send over any training material we need. I would recommend it to anyone and i am confident when using it now as i have had training from very patient trainers form learn upon.

• Reviewed on 02/10/2017
Justin H.
Coordinator, Office of Teaching Effectiveness
Primary/Secondary Education, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 03/10/2018

"Learnupon"

Pros: Learnupon presents a strong e-learning platform in an affordable package. The technical support is outstanding, and has been incredibly responsive to feature requests and resolving issues. This product has allowed my team to easily create and deliver high quality trainings.

Cons: The company is quite young as I understand it, so that may be considered a con. However, we have found them to be incredibly responsive, which may also be due to their youth and size as a company.

• Reviewed on 03/10/2018