Filter by:

• Overall

About Miro

The #1 online collaborative whiteboard platform where teams get work done.

Learn more about Miro

Hasan A.
Hasan A.
Senior Product Manager
Medical Devices, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 03/08/2021

"Miro for Product Management"

Pros: Miro is exceptionally powerful but incredibly intuitive. The combination of freedom and creativity that is allowed through Miro makes so it always the most space for ideas to flourish and be organized.

Cons: Only that its not as embedded into companies as it should be. Often lower quality products are used because enterprise companies have pre-established solutions. I want Miro to be everywhere and pitched to everyone.

• Reviewed on 03/08/2021
John R.
Head of Design
Internet, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 16/10/2021

"An app I've been looking for, modern diagramming done extremely well"

Comments: I'm a designer by profession and am used to design tools, and this feels like one, but one that is very easy to grasp and seems to know what it is that you want to do. Definitely the diagramming app that I've been looking for the past 2 decades. Thank you Miro team for making this, the other apps before were just so clunky.

Pros: It's very intuitive. It responds in a very fluid and responds in ways that it seems to know what you're trying to do. I've used other diagramming tools for the best part of this century, like Visio, Lucid, Omni, and all of them were just so clunky and restrictive, they have very strict ways of working and are very 'enterprise' orientated, like made for The Office, and so I would use vector apps like Sketch, of Flash (before) in order to make diagrams. But then, I stumbled upon Miro, and it was like dafaq? This is the app I've been looking for, and it worked in ways that

Cons: Honestly, nothing. A few small things, but they that have been ever so slightly irksome that I fail to recall.

• Reviewed on 16/10/2021
Yann I.
Yann I.
Consultant
Online Media, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 11/05/2021

"My go-to tool for brainstorming and planning with a more visual approach"

Pros: I have been using Miro for a while, now, and I often find myself recommend it to the people I talk to. The overall platform principle of the infinite canvas is simply genius! You can have as many notes, projects and sketches as you please, all in the same place. Zooming in makes sure that you can see all the key information related to a specific project, while zooming out giving you a bird's eye view on the project itself or even on a more macro level, of the infinite canvas and all the projects in it. In particular, there are two features I like about Miro. Firstly, there are templates. Miro has an always-growing library of templates , which speed up the process of creating a valuable resource for brainstorming, planning or streamlining something, such as a concept map, a Kanban framework, a flowchart, or a customer journey, just to mention a few. You can simply pick a template and decide whether you want to use it blank (so its layout and "pieces of the puzzle" too) or with some actual content in it too. Then, there's the Miro smartphone app feature of the Stickies Capture. Get ready because this may sound like pure magic! Do you happen to have hand-written notes laying around in your office? Simply pull out your smartphone, open the Miro app and take a picture using the Stickies Capture. Miro will turn it into a digital and customizable post-it-note that will be added to your Miro canvas.

Cons: I wouldn't necessarily doubt this as the thing I like the least about Miro, but I'd still like to mention it because I think it's key... and it's the ability to easily navigate all the projects you have into your Miro infinite digital canvas. The problem is that there are so many projects you may plan or work on in a spot of a few days. Sometimes, I can get a bit tricky to easily find a specific project (or part of it) in a busy infinite canvas.

• Reviewed on 11/05/2021
Anthony S.
Teacher
Education Management, 501-1,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 29/10/2016

"Awesome tool for teachers!!!"

Comments: I'm a middle school teacher. I use the boards in two fashions: 1) for student collaboration, and 2) for displaying class notes, videos, distributed materials, and board writing. In my school we have a SmartBoard (aka - DumbBoard). The DumbBoard software is slow to load and wastes too much time, so the RealTimeBoard became a solution. For student collaboration, I have and idea section and work product selection. Students can determine if the final work they upload is accessible to me or other members. They can share comments, photos, and general ideas. For classroom shared material, student can vote. I find it best to visually think of the processes and what you want the kids to create. Then create a template board. Finally, create your classes. The import of excel or google sheets lists make it incredibly easy to add student names to the boards. For my class notes, I typically create a line across the middle of the board. Below the line is the homework section, above the line is the classwork. I create a boxes with the daily objective (Students will... in order to...) and upload the materials (view only via google docs). I can insert youtube videos and other documents (even pdfs, Microsoft docs, pictures, web pictures and websites, and charts). I create a frame around each of the lessons so that when students are absent they may view the materials. When they come in and tell me they didn't go to the site, I hand them a computer so they can visit the site. Students who are absent, getting tutored outside of class, or parents wanting to see what it is we are doing can easily access the public board, which does NOT contain any student information.

Pros: -Free for Educators to use with students
-Works extremely well with Google Suite, Microsoft 365 Business
-Great alternative to SmartBoard
-Pen feature is very smooth

Cons: -Takes some getting used to.
-Can have a Prezzi, dizzying affect
- Users need to be taught how to use

• Reviewed on 29/10/2016
Cynthia C.
Professional Training & Coaching, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 22/09/2021

"Now I Can't Live Without It"

Comments: The flexibility of this product is astounding. I can use it for almost every element of my daily workflow as a self-employed business consultant. I use boards to keep track of what tasks are on my plate today as well as which ones are on deck. It's cut my time putting new presentations together by half, since I can brainstorm what I want to include and organize it quickly which cuts down on the time I actually spend putting slides together. Plus, it makes workshops a snap since I can illustrate changes in real time or even invite attendees to collaborate live. I use it for marketing too - brainstorming our marketing story and persona and moving seamlessly into wireframes. I originally used it with one of my clients, but am now a subscriber myself who recommends it to everyone I know.

Pros: My favorite thing about Miro is it's flexibility. I have a hard time thinking of a business problem I want to work on where Miro isn't helpful - which is great a solo business owner. From task tracking, the brainstorming content creation, marketing, and monitoring strategic improvement (with approaches like traction) Miro is up for just about any challenge.

Cons: I'd love to see the ability to do more customized branding, to integrate our favorite fonts and use a wider palate of colors.

• Reviewed on 22/09/2021
Maisarah H.
Maisarah H.
Brand Manager
Telecommunications, 1,001-5,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 20/02/2021

"Coolaborate ideas on digital whiteboard"

Comments: Miro has aiding us when we have a online meeting and discussion session. We have a better understanding and more easy to present our idea to our team using visual sketch and we have achieve more using this software.

Pros: Miro is very easy to access and collaborating on whiteboard with my colleague is so simple as it get. We have a online brainstorming session on the whiteboard, and everyone can pitch on idea and start adding draw it into the board in real-time.

Cons: It will take some times to get expert and familiar with all the feature and shortcut in this software. The board is saved on the platform, with minimum software are compatible to be exported to. The only option to save the board and export it to other software is by saving it to PDF.

• Reviewed on 20/02/2021
Jonathan P.
Marketing Manager
Hospitality, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 15/01/2021

"Excellent tool for workshops and Design Thinking"

Comments: Overall great tool for remote whiteboarding and meetings. Miro is part of my Design stack along with Notion (wiki and documentation), Whimsical (flows and wireframes), and Figma. It's a great brainstorming and ideation tool to use in the beginning of the Discovery process.

Pros: - Awesome templates from the Miro team
- Great integrations with my other main tools
- Awesome design sprint and workshopper features like voting, timers, and "bring to me"
- Easy to use for external stakeholders

Cons: - $3 day pass for consultants is a weird pricing model
- Would like better grid snapping and X, Y coordinates similar to Whimsical

Alternatives Considered: Mural

Reasons for Switching to Miro: The designers I follow were using Miro and they just have more educational content showing off their product. Also they have a generous free forever tier as opposed to a trial only.

• Reviewed on 15/01/2021
Matt C.
Senior Manager
Logistics & Supply Chain, 1,001-5,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 12/10/2020

"Miro is Awesome!"

Comments: The experience has been awesome. We have used it to drive collaboration in conjunction with a virtual meeting tool to seamlessly whiteboard, just like we would have in a physical office space. Miro has an immense amount of flexibility and is open-ended in it's approach to being a whiteboard tool, just like you would hope. Templates offer some starting points but are easy to build on and customize. It has been no problem operating Miro with 20 users at once, jumping between multiple boards and everyone actively collaborating/creating content at the same time. It's a near-perfect physical whiteboard replacement for an increasingly virtual work world.

Pros: Miro is the BEST virtual white boarding tool. It is so easy to collaborate with colleagues using the virtual post-it notes and visual charting tools. When using Miro, I almost forget that we are virtual and I never find myself wishing we were in person. One of my favorite features is the ability to see everyone else's cursor, so I know exactly where someone is looking and contributing. It ensures no one is duplicating efforts or overwriting someone else's work. The tool is seamless and well-built for a virtual world.

Cons: The biggest downfall I've experienced is when the boards get large. Big boards lead to increased lag time, especially when trying to work with a large group of collaborators. When visuals get imported and complex charts or diagrams are used, the tool seems to get overloaded. It will sometimes even freeze for a few seconds. While these issues are generally far and few between, they are worth noting. Uploading of images also seems slow compared to other SAAS tools.

• Reviewed on 12/10/2020
Elizabeth C.
Architect
Architecture & Planning, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 31/08/2021

"I have recommended Miro to colleagues and friends"

Comments: Miro was essential for collaborating during COVID. It's a place where we can gather our thoughts and keep track of links and documents that are relevant to specific conversations. It's messy but unlike physical paper sketches and documents, it's always there with a virtual papertrail to remind you of how you ended up where you are.

Pros: Pro: Real time collaboration and a diversity of capabilities from link sharing, sketching, and project management. It's a place to get messy, work out the big picture and the details. It's both easy to use and also incredibly high capability.

Cons: Con: It's not more industry standard. When using with students, they complain that they can't just use their university software (which is inferior) or google docs (which doesn't have as many features). It's a mental hurdle to get over using a new product, I understand, but if it had more integration with familiar software like slack, google docs, calendars, etc, it could be a low threshold way of introducing to teams who haven't used it.

• Reviewed on 31/08/2021
Ilija V.
  • Reviewed on 20/08/2018

"Vital To How We Collaborate"

Pros: "I love realtime board. Especially all of the updates and templates that have come recently. We first started using real time board back in 2014 but stopped till just recently. The new features really make it a go to solution for our team especially since we are in two different locations and need t collaborate daily. Real-time board helps us to do that and meet our goes. " Can use the on PC, web, mobile phone. Love all of the features and versatility. I like the large viewing area. The sticky notes and the templates that are provided are also very helpful. We started using Real-Time board instead of Microsoft One Note. Being able to see where the other members of the team are pointing to is a huge plus as well.

Cons: Wish there was pricing for a 2 man team. We are small team and 40 a month at his point would be too high. Totally worth it for a team of 5 but would like to have the option of a small team like 2-3 people.

• Reviewed on 20/08/2018
Suhaila S.
Suhaila S.
Frontend Web Developer
Entertainment, 1,001-5,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 20/04/2021

"Manage idea with Miro"

Comments: I mainly use it for the digital whiteboard to help me gives a better idea presentation to my team. Overall, i really love to use it daily with my team.

Pros: I really like working with the digital whiteboard as it help me to express my ideas in visual presentation and people can understand it more easily with the visual presentation. Collaborating on idea is the best to be done with this software.

Cons: A training is a must with this software, as some of the feature is not easily to be mastered on how they are working and what the tool can do. After all, it is only a little set back compared to the benefit that i receive.

• Reviewed on 20/04/2021
Peter P.
Product Manager
  • Reviewed on 04/12/2019

"Power up your professional life and store your mind in the cloud"

Comments: Structure your thoughts, insights, user research, designs, mockups and entire project design process. There's a ton of 'power ups' add ons that let you customise Miro for your usage.

Pros: It's super flexible, fairly easy to use once you get into the set up of the application. It's a great way to gather all your thoughts and later structure them if you need it in a more presentable format. I rarely do Google slides presentations anymore, because Miro is a better work tool, and it doubles down as a presentation tool as well.

Cons: It's a business tool, but the boundaries between what a professional does within the business and personally become less and less apart. As example I've kept a board to gather all my knowledge of my trade, and thus I would like this to become my own board. You can sign up multiple accounts but there's no easy switching between them on the desktop application.

• Reviewed on 04/12/2019
Chetan Y.
UX Designer
Design, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 20/09/2021

"A great product for whiteboarding and problem-solving"

Comments: I have used a lot of different tools for whiteboarding and Miro just shines out as the best among all.

Pros: Ease of logging with Google account. 3 free boards to get started. Prototyping and wireframing library. But, what I use the most is mind-map and Sticky notes. Absolutely love the ease of use and simplicity of the software.

Cons: Sometimes, a click automatically adds another sticky, I know this is a feature but when I am trying to go to open white space in whiteboard, it just adds a sticky which wasn't my intention. Next thing Miro should definitely work on is RAM management and the efficiency of tool when a board gets heavy.

• Reviewed on 20/09/2021
Senior Member of Technical Staff
Internet
  • Reviewed on 12/02/2018

"The tool I have been waiting for for 30+ years"

Comments: A ton of benefits - it's allowed me to plan with a bigger grasp of the big picture while being able to capture all the details when needed. I've ditched 2 or 3 other productivity tools (to do tools, tasking tools, tracking tools) because RTB does it all and does it better. LOVE. IT.

Pros: Incredible, unbelievable flexibility that can finally keep up with my mind and my team! A wide open space with no precepts to interfere with rapid ideation, solutioning, organizing - anything we need. AWESOME! The UX has been incredibly well thought out. It has nailed keyboard shortcuts, mouse control, tablet....the UX auto adjusts to your input method and NOTIFIES you that it does so. Unreal. All the tools work as you expect, every detail has been thought out, every rough edge and interruption to FLOW has been removed. I can't emphasize enough how smooth the flow is and the fact that I have had ZERO "wtf are you doing?!" moments using the tool - rare for me because I am exceptionally demanding and impatient with my tools. One of the best software products I've used in years. Thanks guys.

Cons: If I switch away from an RTB tab then later switch back, the long load time is kind of a drag :( Not a huge deal but it would be nice if it was fixed - the gap really interrupts thought process and flow during fast moving sessions. Not sure it's resolvable, but it would be nice :)

• Reviewed on 12/02/2018
Agile Coach
  • Reviewed on 07/09/2021

"Best Online Tool for Collaborating"

Pros: The features to hide the frames, the clock, and the background music when you have the clock active are the ones I use the most. When I do facilitations with my teams or for clients, the ability to collaborate with dozens of users facilitates the interaction in these times of pandemic in which virtuality is almost always present.

Cons: You need to have good RAM on your PC/laptop for when you are sharing the screen and collaborating with many (+100) people simultaneously.

• Reviewed on 07/09/2021
Caio B.
Caio B.
Product Manager Intern
E-Learning, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 10/10/2021

"An amazing and lovely app for your daily tasks"

Comments: It's a really amazing platform. When I used it for the first time it was mind-blowing. Nowadays, I'm even using it for my personal life projects and talking to people to use it as well. The learning curve is really small and people are empowered as they learn the 101 stuff. When you start using Miro you won't go back heheh.

Pros: I love Miro features, such as the timer, the simple but awesome way to put and organize cards throughout the screen, and that it is also free, if you want to use in your personal life. It's really an easy app to learn and when you do so, you will use it even for your routine. The integration with current processes in my team is amazing as well. We use it to brainstorm, do our Retros, and many other things.

Cons: Seeing other collaboration tools, such as Spatial and Google Meet, I feel there are some missing features, such as screen sharing or drop-and-go files (as in if you drop a pdf or ppt files it will show a slide bar, with each person seeing as it was in their computer). Talking with some people, there is one aspect that is really awesome but difficult do see: the tagging. We use it in the team for everyone to see who write what, but when I'm with other people, besides my team, they don't know this and other simple but effective features (change post-it color, duplicate with CTRL D, align with shift etc.)

• Reviewed on 10/10/2021
Gerald S.
Student
Design, 501-1,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 23/04/2021

"Miro As a Virtual Lobby"

Comments: I absolutely love using Miro. It has been such an easy experience and a valuable substitute to physical boards as a design student. I enjoy that it is on the web so we can access it anytime anywhere. The navigation of the board is also super easy and pretty straightforward, so people without experience can easily understand how the features work. I do wish the they have a better way of allowing users to communicate with each other since it is a collaboration platform, but overall, Wonderful!

Pros: As a graphic design student, all of our work is visual and requires us to see things as a whole. Miro board has enabled us to easily upload our projects for everyone in class to see. I love that it is so free hand and real time that it feels as if we were doing this physically. It also results in a good progress being seen throughout and that is is accessible to all anywhere.

Cons: Every time we use Miro we have to use it in tandem with a video conferencing software, so this might be a major comment but I feel like the communication amongst the users could have some more functionality. I often find myself communicating with peers through the virtual post its which are so unconventional and impractical. I would appreciate a more clear and organized means of communication. Also, it would be nice to have readily available templates for quick use.

• Reviewed on 23/04/2021
Cyrill S.
Business Innovation Consultant
  • Reviewed on 10/05/2021

"Miro helps to work together, whether on-site, online or mixed. The presentation function is also"

Comments: just positiv :-). Desirable functions: zooming in within a frame in presenter mode is no problem, but I can't zoom out again In Europe we have a lot of foreign languages. Here, a real-time translation of the texts would be desirable.

Pros: Easy way to collaborate in- and outside of the company

Cons: user access is verry difficult to understand, but verry good.

Alternatives Considered: Mural

Reasons for Switching to Miro: i used miro in a ngo before i used it in the company.

• Reviewed on 10/05/2021
Michael A.
Design Lead
Design, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 24/06/2019

"It's currently the best on the market!"

Comments: Miro is simply an interactive virtual white board! But you can do SO MUCH with it. From journeys to analysis to creating workshop templates. You can do whatever's in your head. And you can do it quicker and easier than anything else out there. Seriously stop reading this and try the free version, you'll see!

Pros: It's super easy to use, and really quick to pick up. It makes doing this type of work effortless and in a fraction of the time. Also you can collaborate within seconds.

Cons: The pricing model is a bit squiffy and not easy to understand.
When you start an account it's confusing that it's not YOUR board but a team board, this has tripped me up a few times.
On the free version the pdf export functionality is so bad it would be better not to offer it all. NO experience is better than a bad experience.
(NOTE all these pale in comparison to how good the product is though!!!)

• Reviewed on 24/06/2019
Lorna M.
E-Learning, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 15/04/2021

"An office space that looks like my brain"

Comments: Very exceiting and inspiring to be part of a large group working the board. I could only sit on a sticky and marvel. Very instructive.

Pros: I love being able to have whole projects mapped out, that can then be shared with others and collaborated on instantly. I love the scale - each board at least as capacious as the largest boardroom table, or sticky wall. And I love having access to everything, for reference, tinkering, or as a presentation aide, on me, on my phone. lastly, as an ADD creative type, it's all in one place, laid out to a visual spec. Wonderful.

Cons: I haven't found any problems yet, I'm confident that with the tutorials there will be few.

• Reviewed on 15/04/2021
Project Management Consultant
Management Consulting, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 24/03/2021

"Terrific idea management software"

Comments: Overall, a terrific experience that allowed our team to move ideas around in novel ways, leading to interesting new findings.

Pros: My team used Miro primarily to aggregate ideas from disparate teams we were working with. Miro served as a much needed upgrade from a shared document where ideas would get lost, never to be found again as the document grew and grew. We really appreciated how easy it was for guest users to join us, and they found the basics to be quite intuitive. We were productive within five minutes of the other teams joining.

Cons: Given the smaller scope of our project, we did not run into many issues with deploying Miro. My primary desired feature would be a more comprehensive export-to-spreadsheet option, but the logistics of developing that are no doubt challenging.

• Reviewed on 24/03/2021
Walid E.
2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 14/12/2018

"The best collaboration tool ever"

Comments: I would work for free to keep this company flourishing

Pros: Realtime board team made the tool so simple and convenient that you would never feel the barrier of using a software. It's like you literally writing on a board. Only difference...it's much better and convenient. They come up with valuable features everyday. Impressive team!

Cons: I really don't see any. I've tried many other alternatives and Realtime board is way head of every one

• Reviewed on 14/12/2018
Yoel B.
Consultant & Mentor
  • Reviewed on 31/10/2018

"Virtual Whiteboard for Virtual Team Collaboration"

Pros: Ease of Use - the team members with whom I collaborate online using Realtimeboard are not necessarily the most computer literate. Yet of all the online web services we use to accomplish our virtual team collaborative tasks, these same individuals have the least problem mastering Realtimeboard. That says it all!
Integration - the recent integration that delivers messages on updates to a board directly to the Slack discussion forum associated with that board means team members can stay focused in the team collaboration environment (Slack) and don't need to jump around from website to website to see what is happening.

Cons: As a facilitator on online courses which have a short duration of ten to thirteen weeks, the obvious necessity of a paid account for more than three participants is an obvious shortcoming. The service *is* worth the fee demanded and the price *is* competitive, but obviously, many of the first time users are not business people. Realtmeboard should rethink their Trial package for special circumstances like ours.

• Reviewed on 31/10/2018
Product analyst
  • Reviewed on 10/08/2021

"Great tool for meetings, and workshops and idea management"

Comments: We almost always need to skecth to understand the different issues we need to solve - Miro is the perfect tool for this. It also makes meetings more effective and interactive.

Pros: Miro helps me to understand and work trough challenges from different perspective. It is also great tool for remote or hybrid meetings and workshops because of the built in tools like 'cursor management' of other users (bring everyone to the same screen), timer and presentation mode.
The use of diagramming tools are intuitive. The onboarding is useful, without being too aggressive in the early minutes with the product.
I also love the template gallery and that it is easy to create and use my own templates.
The built-in 'learn & inspire' menu is also a great resource for finding ideas on how to use Miro.

Cons: There is only one kind of table to be used for both object organization grid (e.g. arranging sticky notes) and as a normal table to showcase information in a tabular format (like a spreadsheet) so

• Reviewed on 10/08/2021
Sarah N.
Consultant
Management Consulting, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 03/11/2020

"Will bring any virtual team meeting to the next level"

Pros: Miro is an amazing option for teams looking for ways to enhance brainstorming, workshops, meetings, and pretty much anything you'd do as a group virtually. It's a ton of fun, but also has amazing functionality for really structuring a meeting or activity. It has specific functions for facilitators so that they can control the flow of their activity. The templates are also an amazing feature that take the work out of setting up an activity and can even be a good source of inspiration if you're out of interesting meeting ideas.

Cons: The only minus to this tool is that some of my older colleagues have found it very hard to use. I think this had more to do with the fact that our team had been using it for very word-heavy activities, and if you have too many words taking up your Miro board things can become hard to read.

• Reviewed on 03/11/2020