• Overall
    4.5 /5
    4.3 /5
    4.3 /5

About CANVAS

Canvas LMS is a fully SaaS learning environment that streamlines interaction and builds strong relationships between teachers and stude

Learn more about CANVAS

Showing 1,959 reviews

Dr. m y J.
Senior Lecturer
  • Reviewed on 06/02/2021

"Canvas for Online Learning, Teaching & Assessment: OK but..."

Comments: Best valuable features: Share to Common, Import/export content i.e., transport/transfer files from past year or another course. It saves time, not reinventing the wheel. Assignment Due date is very cruel to learner as 1 second late submission may cause a heavy penalty. Recently due to COVID-19 my learners in UK and International faced difficulties. I suggest to add a feature giving some window instead of a fix hh.mm.ss timestamp.

Pros: Learning & Teaching: Various useful features, e.g., upload/download files, page creation, announcement and discussion and valuable apps containing ubiquitous tools, like MS Team meetings, Panopto, Vimeo, YouTube, Dropbox etc. Assessment: Huge variety of Quizzes, secured quizzes, quizzes SWOT statistics, lockdown browser, Assignments, anti-Plagiarism tools, Moderation, Marker Allocation, Grades, Research: Conferences, collaborations, Canvas digital forum support.

Cons: Assessment of students: sorting may not be sync'd with local university database. i.e., downloaded grades and university's marksheet contains names of students starting differently. Imaging if you have 300+ names! this causes sorting issues while assessing online. Quizzes are great but cannot create duplicate questions, some time academic need this feature. Also because quiz question can be an Essay therefore, this type of assessment must include anti-plagiarism tool (i.e., Turnitin etc), not available in Quizzes but only in Assignments. Reference Manager and Library tools are not available but can be added, e.g., Talis, StudyNet etc. These features are necessary for cognitive learning and cresting your own Library does help. I need to use either Endnotes or Mendeley as an external app on my desktop or on cloud. Its good to use integrated Email tool but its not linked to outlook or other email app. I cannot send email to other people outside my module, i.e., cannot do cc to manager, examiner etc but I need to permanently add in the list of people.
Also cannot add images etc in text but can attach files. Also cannot format the text but just plaintext is allowed. You cannot add http link to a text.

Munetaka K.
Materials Engineer

"Great LMS"

Comments: I have used many learning management systems both as an instructor and a student and Canvas is by far the easiest to navigate and organize as a beginner.

Pros: It is very user friendly. While it has a lot of options and features, it isn't overwhelming or confusing like a lot of other learning management systems.

Cons: Discussion board that are meant to be long term places to communicate (not one-off assignments) seem to get lost easily.

Lecturer
  • Reviewed on 23/11/2019

"Canvas"

Comments: I have used Canvas as both a student and a teacher. I have used it to create courses and assignments, grading, submitting assignments, viewing grades, etc. It is a beneficial software for higher education because of all of the resources and tools available. It helps significantly with the organization of a class.

Pros: Once you learn the software, it is easy to use. There are several tools that are beneficial to both students and teachers, such as Speed Grader, TurnItIn for plagiarism checking, inbox, collaborations, etc. I really like that it lines out the schedule for students (syllabus tab), provides a calendar that has the option to display days that assignments are due, a to-do list for each assignment, etc. Teachers have to put the assignments in, ahead of time, for this to be useful to students, but I've been told many times by students that it makes their lives easier by being able to see everything they have coming up. I also love the ARC video uploader. It allows teachers to see statistics on how many students watched the video and how long they actually watched it. It also gives students an option to leave a comment or question at an exact timestamp in the video.

Cons: There are some quirks to Canvas that sometimes require workarounds. An example of this is moderated grading. I have had it somehow get selected, but it does not tell you when it gets selected. Once one student submission has been graded, it will not allow you to turn off moderated grading. You have to go through the process of moderated grading before it will even show grades or comments to students. The inbox also sometimes hides my emails in the spam folder in my Outlook account. It does not do that constantly, but every now and then I will get an email from a student wondering why I haven't responded to an email. I usually find it in my spam folder.

• Reviewed on 23/11/2019
Flexible Learning Coordinator
Education Management, 501-1,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 25/11/2017

"It's ease of use, mobile experience, and ease of administration outweigh the features it lacks."

Comments: We are able to get detailed analytics on use not only from our students but from our instructors. We are able to build customizations utilizing the API.
We are now in a hosted solution with a beta server, test server and production server that is maintained and updated every week or 3 weeks depending on the server.

Pros: Canvas from an administrator side is incredibly easy to work with. Installing addons takes just seconds in comparison to the fear I experienced in installing anything in Blackboard, and the confusion I experienced trying to set anything up in D2L.
One of the deciding factors in moving forward with Canvas was ease of use for our faculty and students. If Canvas was not easy to use our transition would have been near impossible.
It's mobile app is excellent for students and they are in the middle of improving their faculty mobile app now.
They have an incredible Community that has asked most of the questions you have and someone has provided the answer you're looking for. There are also folks that create customizations and share those with everyone to help improve your workflows. They also let you in on the development process and share with your their progress and let you beta test things for them.
I love having a beta server, test server and production server to work with that is always up to date.
Lots to love about Canvas.

Cons: There are some features that are lacking from Canvas that we are attempting to work around or build customizations for.
1. Set Discussion boards to need grading after x number of posts. Right now it says it needs to be graded after the first post and will not notify the instructor once they have submitted the required amount of posts. This isn't as big of an issue when there are due dates but a majority of our courses do not have due dates.
2. It's Outcomes capabilities are lacking. They have plans to improve on this but it may be awhile.
3. They are releasing a new quizzing tool in 2018 which we are excited for but are worried about how we will need to go about migrating quizzes.

• Reviewed on 25/11/2017
Eduardo P.
QA
E-Learning, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 09/08/2019

"Canvas Review"

Comments: Overall, using Canvas both as a user and as a tester within a development environment has been a pleasure. I would recommend any educational institutions or organizations that aren't using it to make the switch. It is a great tool.

Pros: This software is great for keeping courses all in one place and adds easy communication between instructors and students. As well as communication between students themselves is easy and straightforward. Being able to have quizes, assignments, and anything else from the course on Canvas makes it neat and organized. Also, the customization within the app makes it great for unique use cases.

Cons: Recently I was having an issue with a footer banner when testing in "student view". The banner sits on top of some of the navigation buttons from the left side and therefore hides them. I used to be able to double click on it to hide the banner, but a recent update makes it so that additional steps have to be taken to hide this banner. It has made it inconvenient to click on the button that I need to access from the navigation bar.

• Reviewed on 09/08/2019
Marki H.
student
E-Learning, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 14/08/2020

"CANVAS from student POV"

Comments: I had a good experience with CANVAS. It was easy to use and flowed nicely while I navigated throughout to complete my schooling.

Pros: Mostly I like the To Do list set up. This greatly helped me keep track of assignments, when they were do and what new ones were coming up. I could also just click right on the link and would be taken directly to the assignment. It was also very helpful that each to do list was separated into its own class. I was able to stay organized because of this feature. I also loved that there is a mobile app so I can check in with my assignments, grades or inbox wherever I am.

Cons: During my classes there is an option to have your grades be shown in the corner of the class box. On the app I had to repeatedly keep checking that I wanted my grades to be shown. Every time I would log back into CANVAS my preference would change. This did get frustrating because I prefer having my grades somewhere easy to keep an eye on instead of always having to go through the menu steps and switching between grade books in my classes to see my grade.

• Reviewed on 14/08/2020
Burcu K.
Administrator
Education Management, 5,001-10,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 26/02/2019

"Canvas - more pliable than you think"

Comments: If administrators would like to get the most out of Canvas they have to "think outside the box"; otherwise it can get quite dull and tiresome for their users. Overall I think it is a good software which has a lot of potential. A simple Google search revealed that many administrators like myself looked for similar additional features/options on various forums online; so I wish that the above mentioned options -and many more-could actually be integrated into Canvas by the creators for ease of use for the consumers.

Pros: People may define Canvas as "clunky" and "not very intuitive". I would agree that you need to "learn" how Canvas works, rather than quickly "figuring it out". I personally use Canvas not for a specific "Unit of Study" but as a platform to share information & news, and communicate with among a large group of students who do not get together in a classroom. So far it has been successful. Students seem to enjoy it and I can view usage stats to see how many pages have been viewed by which student, which is great information. The fact that it accepts HTML code made it possible for me to integrate photo slideshows and 3-d interactive photos onto my pages. I used other free software available online to create them and simply embedded into my HTML code. I do not think most users are aware of these possibilities.

Cons: Canvas has its own language which does not apply to all needs. "Pages" and "Modules", "Unit of Study" lose their meaning when Canvas is used as communication platform like I use it. I wish these "names" could be changed by the user. Another thing that most users find a bit frustrating is the way "Modules" are displayed on one page as a list; and the constant need to scroll down to find what the user is looking for. Since this page does not really lend itself to "zjeujing up", it may look tedious for users.

• Reviewed on 26/02/2019
John P.
Marketing & Advertising, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 21/01/2021

"Great for School - teachers & students"

Comments: Overall experience is that it’s a great program and I would definitely recommend anyone who would want to use it. It’s definitely easy and efficient to use. Any educational program should use this not only when classes are online but when everything goes back to normal so student can access grades and etc.

Pros: I liked how easily it was to use this product. During the pandemic, we had to switch everything online where teachers and students had to get accustom to new features of the online concept. I think Canvas helped in ways of making it easy for all of us to learn quickly and efficiently. I am currently a student and I used Canvas almost every day and I can’t remember if I even had one problem with it. I like the program and I use it mostly on my IPhone. Great job to the developers for making this program user friendly to not only college student but to high school, middle school and elementary students as well. This program has done well knowing it had only a little of time to get to millions of students and teachers ready for online school. I would definitely recommend any educational program to use this.

Cons: Right now, I don’t see any cons with the program. I think it’s a great program and I like the ease of use to it.

• Reviewed on 21/01/2021
Shirimpaka J.
Data Quality Analyst
Research, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 27/09/2019

"Canvas functionality evaluation"

Comments: As I was working in the academic institution, we had to use Canvas and the only way the teacher can communicate to the student and vice versa. It is where the teachers create courses, post all courses related materials and also the students get access to the courses as well as quizzes and assignments.

Pros: I was using this tool when I was working at Kepler and I was a Canvas administrator. The way the teacher can create the course and share with the students as well as the coleague collaborators is very impressive. Also I liked the way the courses are graded and so, the students are getting their results as well as comments. I also liked the way the company may create some functionalities for itself and incorporate in canvas for better usage. It is also a good tool for students' progress management while connecting it with the external tools (Blue, etc..).

Cons: The tool itself is really good and its usage in incredible. The only weak point comes in when it requires to contact the customer support. I remember the time we had to ask about the competencies which were not upgraded themselves as it used to be, and we contacted the customer support. We had waited for some months to get responded. So, that was very discouraging for us who wanted the immediate response to move forward.

• Reviewed on 27/09/2019
Catherine B.
Secondary Educator
E-Learning, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 06/10/2020

"Educational Course Management Gold"

Comments: CANVAS has been an essential tool in an online learning educational world. It has helped to organize the classroom, my students by providing them with up-to-date information as well as equip them with resources in order to succeed. Highly recommend taking time to learn how to use CANVAS effectively online tutorials.

Pros: As an educator, using CANVAS allows me too give my students complete access to the entire course, grades, resources, group e-learning, classroom chats, and feedback from myself. As more and more educational facilities are moving to online learning because of the current pandemic, having quality course organization is essential so that students are able to know exactly what their standards and requirements are in order to succeed. It’s all about setting students up for success and I’ve been able to use CANVAS to keep my courses as organized and functional for students to eliminate the overwhelming nature of online learning as much as possible.

Cons: There’s a bit of a learning curve with CANVAS. There are a lot of functions and it does take some dedicated time to learn the system in order to use it effectively. There are plenty of online tutorials though that are very helpful for educators and students and making the most of this course organization platform. I know I still have a lot to learn myself, but I believe I’ve been able to use CANVAS effectively and beneficial for my students.

Diego G.
Staff Writer
Media Production, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 17/09/2019

"The way to go in Education communication"

Comments: The upgrade from Blackboard was definitely worth it. The platform is easy on the eyes, easy to use and overall feels modern and keeps up with how a school communication system should work. Top marks for their mobile app.

Pros: I used Blackboard for years at school and always thought it was antiquated and overall clunky. After my current school switched to Canvas, it has been a big step forward. The organization of courses is more customizable and intuitive. File uploads, messaging and the UI are all top notch and make it for a pleasant experience. Their mobile app version is also extremely handy and works just as good as the web version. I find that notifications on the mobile app are excellent and help me stay on top of everything. Their calendar and reminder system is also a life saver when you want a little extra help in getting through your coursework without procrastinating.

Cons: I haven't found anything I don't like so far about Canvas. While I haven't personally found this to be an issue, feedback from peers has made me realize if you have a large number of courses, the dashboard can get a bit overwhelming. However, this is definitely customizable.

• Reviewed on 17/09/2019
David C.
Instructional Designer
Higher Education, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 05/11/2020

"Strong Software; Getting Stronger"

Comments: Canvas is my top choice for learning management software. Its simplicity makes it effective, and its wide functionality makes it powerful. I've used a number of other LMS's, and Canvas really stands above the rest.

Pros: Canvas is easy to use for both faculty and students, and that makes it a great tool for both online and face to face courses. It has effective LTI integrations, including using MS Teams for video conferencing coming soon. The user interface is simple (i.e. not complicated) and, even when a faculty member shows confusion about how to do something, I am easily able to guide them to accomplish it.

Cons: One can only set one due date for discussions, when there are often more than one date for initial posts and replies to each other. This functionality is on the roadmap for improvement, but at the moment it's the biggest pain point for me.

• Reviewed on 05/11/2020
Benjamin D.
General Councillor
  • Reviewed on 14/10/2019

"Great Software for Organizing and Collaborating in Courses and Workgroups"

Comments: I have had a surprisingly pleasant experience with Canvas. I had halfway expected the universities software to be somewhat archaic, but Canvas has been a pleasure to use. I can find all the information that I need about my courses, upload assignments, contact people, reference back to courses I took in the past. Very good!

Pros: Canvas is quite easy to use for a program that needs to have all the functionality a university requires. The interface functions intuitively, with visual elements such as a grid of cards for the different courses I am following. I can find all the information and documents I need regarding a course, such as powerpoint files and due dates for assignments. In the groups section I can find all my fellow classmates, as well as contact my instructor. In this way, all the information a student could need regarding course content, process and people are stored in a sensible manner in one single application.

Cons: An issue that I have experienced multiple times is that it can be hard to find contact a person when they are not officially in one of your workgroups or courses. For instance, at times I had to ask something of a substitute teacher, or contact a classmate that joined the group at a later time and thus wasn't formally in the same workgroup. But because the system only allows you to contact people that you share a group with, I could not contact these people in this way, and had to find their details on the website of the university.

• Reviewed on 14/10/2019
Carey F.
Teacher
Fine Art, 10,000+ Employees
  • Reviewed on 29/09/2020

"Better Than Previous Learning Platforms"

Comments: Overall, I really enjoy working with Canvas. I have worked with other learning platforms, like Blackboard, and think Canvas is much richer and offers more opportunities for engagement (especially now, while many of us are working remotely). Canvas requires effort but, if done well, it is a great tool. In some cases, I feel as though I have had closer working relationships with my online, distance learning students than some of my in-person classes!

Pros: Canvas has a lot of fantastic and useful features that can be tailored to the needs of any class. I teach in-person, remote sync, and remote async. In each instance, I have developed my own infrastructures per the needs of each class. Student feedback usually notes the clarity, organization, and variety of engagements and assessments included in each module.

Cons: It does take some work to learn Canvas as it is not necessarily intuitive, at first. Although there are training videos online and often workshops made available via campus, there tends to be an assumption that the template courses will "fit" any class. And, in my experience, that is not the case! With effort, Canvas sites can be really fabulous. But it does require that the instructor consider the learner's experience as they build each site.

• Reviewed on 29/09/2020
Gerson S.
Software Developer
Computer Software, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 18/05/2020

"Good Education Software"

Comments: The benefits of using Canvas is pretty obvious since it allows to improve the classroom as a whole since it gives professors a location to easily be able to provide resources to students in an easy manner for them to access along with improving side of the deal benefiting from said access and the ease of submission of work. Enjoyed the benefits and hope they can continue to work and improve the software.

Pros: Canvas is very nice when it comes to providing a center location for a classroom where a professor is able to provide information to their students in a very nice matter. Not only is a Canvas a good location in which assignments can be shared to students but they also provide resources beyond just simply a text file but the also the ability to share video and audio files is a big plus. Uploading work is also possible for students to do and submit other files which is good since you don't have to deal with submit assignments in person, and with reminders it also makes sure that I don't miss out on updates from a professor, TA or fellow student.

Cons: My biggest issues from the time of using Canvas is that the navigation could definitely be improved, I feel like navigation through files always seem to be a hassle along with dealing multiple classes, feels like presentation and use of space could be improved. The same could also be said about the mobile version, which I probably used more than the desktop version.

• Reviewed on 18/05/2020
Adelyn C.
d.Leadership Co President
Education Management, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 19/11/2019

"Helpful for school, could be improved"

Comments: I think the existence of a dashboard for pretty much anything is really helpful because it's hard to manage things that are in very different places and I really appreciate that Canvas makes it so you can see everything in one place.

Pros: I'm really glad that a lot of schools have integrated with Canvas — I take classes from 3 different schools and using the same site for all of them is very convenient. I think the customization on the teacher's end can be nice because each class has different requirements and I also like the what-if score calculation so students can figure out what kinds of scores they need in order to get the grades they want.

Cons: I feel like though there is customization and each class is different, the discrepancies between different types of classes even in the same school can be a little too wide. It would be nicer if it was a bit more user-friendly, especially in the "Group" functions where you can do small discussions — those pages are always very difficult to find and I have discovered that my professors tend to avoid using them. The mobile app also gets frustrating because you can't seamlessly shift between Canvas pages for different schools, you have to log out and back in.

• Reviewed on 19/11/2019
Nick D.
Primary/Secondary Education, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 11/04/2018

"Doing more with mobile ability"

Comments: Overall I think this is a great product that can use some refining to make it more intuitive for the next generation of student and teacher interaction. Once I was able to get over the learning curve of the product and be able to trust that it is helpful for scheduling important dates it is a good supplementary tool for lessons. It should by no means be used as a replacement for face to face participation. The discussion board needs a lot of work, I would suggest a rating scale like readit or buzzfeeed but even that might be hard because of the small pool of participants.

Pros: The product is helpful for keeping track of work progress, submitting assignments, sharing resources, reviewing grades, messaging teachers and the features continue. It has been a great platform to keep everything centralized and gain access to all of the class work that is populated by the professors. The customizable features are also helpful in regards to the potential of the software itself.

Cons: There are a few things that lengthen the learning curve of this tool and can hinder its effectiveness. One being that because it is so customizable, each professor uses it differently and that makes it harder for the student to know what is where when multiple professors are using it in different capacities. Second is less crucial but can be annoying and that is the notifications don't always disappear after you have read a message. Lastly is the point of customization, which I've also noted as a pro but as a con it can be difficult for discussion boards when the format to submit varies for posts.

• Reviewed on 11/04/2018
Ryan S.
Assistant Professor
  • Reviewed on 13/04/2019

"The worst LMS except for all the others"

Pros: Having used Blackboard and D2L in the past, I know how bad LMSes can be. Canvas is by far the best I've ever used, but it definitely has its warts. Favorite features: 1. Creating a quiz with questions is nice because you can stay on the same page the whole time without refreshing every time you want to change something.
2. The gradebook and built-in grade weighting makes it easy for me and students to track grades
3. The grade "what-if" calculator for students is great.
4. Analytics makes it easy to track who is keeping up to date in the class and who is not.
5. Quiz question analytics makes it easy to tell what questions are good and what needs work.
6. Having a decent phone/tablet app is nice for me as an intructor and for students.

Cons: 1. Sometimes it's hard to tell if something is published or set to be published. Especially when I end up working on the same thing in multiple browser windows, I sometimes leave a module or quiz unpublished that should be open. It would be nice if feedback for that was more obvious.
2. Quiz banks are hard to find, and a little annoying to work with.
3. The Inbox could use some updates. It's nice that the feature is there, but it's a lot of clicks to send the message where you want it to go.

• Reviewed on 13/04/2019
Anindita S.
Postdoctoral Fellow
Research, 10,000+ Employees
  • Reviewed on 30/10/2020

"Canvas to rescue both for in person and remote classes"

Comments: I am very content with Canvas. I believe it is a very useful tool for both in person as well as remote learning classes. I do not know about the pricing since I access it through my university portal but if the prices are reasonable, institutions must opt for it.

Pros: I have been using Canvas for sometime now and I am glad I did that. I am reviewing Canvas use in a classroom set up. I take classes at my university and our class material is delivered through Canvas. Canvas is pretty structured so it is easy to categorize the study material. For example, we have niches for assignment, course material, Zoom videos . It becomes easy to access the requisite data. Also, there is provision for uploading research papers for Providing quicker access to papers for students. It has calendars to track the submission dates of assignments, commencement of a module etc. The information can be disbursed to many people at the same time. So there are several advantages of using Canvas.

Cons: I believe that Canvas does not have a video conferencing platform. A video conferencing platform would greatly enhance the applicability of Canvas. The instructor for my class delivers his lectures through Zoom and records it. He then posts the Zoom video on the Canvas page. The Canvas can also have a welcome video tab to guide and introduce all their features to interested user. They may have that but I never came across anything of that kind.

• Reviewed on 30/10/2020
Imelda C.
Transportation/Trucking/Railroad, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 31/05/2019

"Learning Platform"

Pros: I was able to use and explore Canvas as a way of learning and be knowledgeable and prepared after joining an online business. A great application where different tools are present for you to learn easily and understand each topic and detailed concept. Videos are present where you can listen, see, know facts. Each video is designed to show you a topic which description is simplified and you will be able to understand the whole process faster. After each topic, there are quizzes. Passing score should be attained in order to move to the next level or lesson. If you did not meet the required score, you have to retake the test until you pass. I like it, training or schooling especially if it will be online studying can be boring , make you sleepy. But with Canvas, i enjoyed each lesson a lot. I look forward to the test because i know i was able to understand each and every message, and words are simplified.

Cons: None really, it is a learning platform that lets me engage on each activity. As a student, you learn faster that way. I just dont find any feature of having a real time communication with your teacher in the platform. You wont be able to see your co-learners on how they are performing even if you know they are also learning same topic at the same time. No stats or group standing for competition purposes or know who stands out.

• Reviewed on 31/05/2019
Brittany S.
  • Reviewed on 14/10/2020

"CANVAS Review"

Comments: CANVAS allows professors to structure class assignments easily. It is organized for students to learn and submit assignments with breeze.

Pros: This software is easy for the user to navigate grading, assessments, and homework. The professor and student can communicate with ease about grading and class discussions. It is easy to organize assignments.

Cons: It would be more beneficial if the discussion posts layout was structured differently after submission. It is not easy to reply to other students once you made a post on the original discussion page.

• Reviewed on 14/10/2020
Daniel L.
Student Worker
Retail
  • Reviewed on 20/03/2018

"I've been using canvas for a few years now and the accessibility and operation is pretty standard."

Comments: It was really beneficial to me to use this software because our teachers required it and it was a great way to keep all of our classes in one place. Instead of going to different places to find out about your class and other information, it was easy to just log on to canvas and get updates from all of your classes.

Pros: Most of the classes i take at college require us to use this software, and to be honest it really is a great software. The tabs on the side which include the courses and grades make it easy to go through and find what you need. I also like how the program allows the user to change the grade and determine what is needed to get a specific grade in the class.

Cons: Im not that huge of a fan when it comes to trying to get out of a specific group that you are. I have been getting notifications from canvas from a group i was somehow added to a few years ago and i still continue to get updates from that group. Another thing i am not fond of in Canvas is how if i am sent a notification from canvas to my email, i have to go to canvas to see what was sent to me or what update there is in canvas.

• Reviewed on 20/03/2018
Adjunct Professor
Education Management, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 15/10/2020

"Intuitive, Flexible and Organized for the College Venue"

Comments: As an adjunct professor, I appreciate ability to plan, present and communicate without headaches. As I had to teach myself how to use this platform, it was important and appreciated that this was not a headache nor was it complicated. Canvas provides me a place to communicate with students, post assignments, send announcements and track grades. Creating quizzes is simple, as is organizing class materials and taking attendance. If needed, a seating chart can be created in minutes, complete with student photo. I use both the website and the mobile app as part of my educational endeavors.

Pros: CANVAS is easy to use, flexible, organized and intuitive. I taught myself how to use it--I didn't even have to use the help guide to do it. Simple integration with apps such as Zoom is appreciated in this time of COVID. Canvas allows me to present my on-line class with little effort and little concern. The mobile app is robust, which is appreciated when on-the-go.

Cons: I have not experienced any issues with Canvas. Honestly, it's simple and user-friendly. I am not privy to the cost of Canvas, so that might be a con.

• Reviewed on 15/10/2020
Leslie D.
Food & Beverages, 10,000+ Employees

"The best out there!"

Comments: Great! It has made my productivity and time management better.

Pros: I have had experience with other educational course sites, such as google classroom, as well as university specific sites as well. Out of them all, I find that Canvas is the easiest to use and has a layout that is both easy to navigate and appealing to the eye. It’s features are the best, in my opinion, compared to other sites

Cons: Very rarely there are technical issues, however those are often fixed very quickly and there is always support available.

Jennifer C.
Author
Writing & Editing, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 14/08/2019

"Canvas is a Great Learning Management Tool"

Pros: As a teacher (who is also an author), Canvas allows me to keep all students and parents up-to-date when it comes to assignments, tests, and other resources. Make-up work for absent students is so simple, since everything is in one place.

Cons: I wish it would integrate with our online grading platform, so grades did not have to be entered a second time.

• Reviewed on 14/08/2019