15 years helping Australian businesses

About Freshdesk

Freshdesk is an easy-to-use customer service software that helps over 50,000 businesses worldwide create stellar customer experiences.

Learn more about Freshdesk

Pros:

Freshdesk is beyond easy to use. I love how simple it is to assign tickets to the relevant team member and how ticket responses are so quick and easy.

Cons:

Tools is really inefficient and their automation tools are built by people with very little CSX experience. Everything needs to be hacked somehow.

Freshdesk ratings

4.5
4.5
4.3
4.4

8.6/10

Freshdesk has an overall rating of 4.5 out 5 stars based on 3,289 user reviews on Capterra.

Have you used Freshdesk before?

Filter reviews (3,289)

Saskia
Saskia
Senior Director Sales Marketing in US
Restaurants, 10,000+ Employees

Convenient and reasonably priced

Comments: Freshdesk from our users is crucial as a consumer app. With Freshdesk, our customers can quickly and easily send us comments or concerns, and my staff can quickly and simply respond and stay in touch with the customer. Each feedback ticket may then be monitored to ensure it was addressed and resolved in a timely manner.

Pros:

We've been using Freshdesk for years and are quite pleased with our decision to switch from Jira. With so many tickets, we quickly outgrew Jira, which caused it to break often and make its interface cumbersome. After years of problems, we finally made the transfer to Freshdesk. When compared to Jira's pricing and functionality, it's hard to top this deal. Since we'd lost our previous wiki and needed to start again, we used Jira's streamlined setup process to create a new one. It's a combination of the help desk's ticketing system, online chat, email, and a comprehensive knowledge library.

Cons:

There is nothing I dislike about Freshdesk. As a support desk tool, it much above our expectations, therefore I will be investigating their other offerings.

Shayla
Shayla
Human Resources Specialist in US
Internet, 1,001–5,000 Employees

Excellent customer support ticket system

Comments: Our team were able to automate and monitor a number of our process workflows thanks to Freshdesk's help. In addition, it is a better choice than emailing support questions and concerns. Freshdesk allows our clients to see their ticket status and ticket history, as well as submit their comments and rating, which simplifies the process of providing excellent customer service.

Pros:

Freshdesk has a wide range of essential services, including live chat, email, phone, and social media support channels. The software is cloud-based and easy to use, with clever automation capabilities that guarantee things are done easily and quickly, resulting in more efficient corporate operations and a better customer experience.

Cons:

Upgrades to Freshdesk's reporting feature are, in my opinion, overly pricey for individual agents and users. There is a good thing about Freshdesk's free trial plan since it allows us to test out their vast variety of services before making a decision on whether or not to upgrade our business.

Jacqueline
Director of Technology in US
Education Management, 51–200 Employees

Freshdesk -small IT Team, large campus. NO problem!

5.0 last month New

Comments: My overall experience moving our helpdesk operations to Freshdesk was extremely positive and simple to implement. We started out with the free trial and quickly decided to purchase the Pro version. Our productivity with ticket management increased beyond what my expectations were and the fact that we could keep the tickets forwarded the same way through an existing email address made the transition process transparent to the rest of the community.

Pros:

We made the move to Freshdesk because of its features and Mobile app. Immediately, my team found the interface far superior to our previous helpdesk application. The filtering and merging of tickets allows us to keep track of our busy workload while the mobile app helps us stay updated while on the go across our 200 acre campus. We can see in realtime what is happening with a ticket status and can respond accordingly. No time is wasted because of duplication. We have also built out our solutions section with FAQ articles that we can easily link in our tickets. When you have a team of 3 for 180 FTE, 700 students and 1,500 parent constituents that you provide technical support to, you need a tool like Freshdesk to keep you as agile and efficient as possible!

Cons:

We currently only use Freshdesk in the IT dept. I would love to expand our school's use of Freshdesk to other areas but the per agent cost may become a barrier to doing this.

Alternatives Considered: Asset Essentials

Reasons for Choosing Freshdesk: We made the switch from Spiceworks to Freshdesk because we became frustrated with some of the limitations we were finding with our current solution at the time. We appreciate the clean and modern interface with simple to use reporting and slick dashboard metrics.

Switched From: Spiceworks Cloud Help Desk

Reasons for Switching to Freshdesk: We actually did purchase another solution for our Operations dept. but quickly found that it would not fit our needs in IT. We are so glad we went with Freshdesk because the other vendor made a 1yr commitment so cost prohibitive that the school was forced to enter a 3 yr. contract for a new software application. Needless to say, the other vendor did not live up to expectations. I am thankful for Freshdesk every time I have to engage in a support ticket with the other vendor.

Jeff
CEO in Canada
Design, 2–10 Employees

Lacking rudimentary filter/show by date range feature, terrible for recordkeeping

Comments: Mediocre at best - it does what every other support desk system does - assign & distribute tickets, some automation etc. etc. I've submitted the above feature request for very basic date based filter & displays that any email system should have and what is supposed to be an advanced business management tool completely lacks this.

Pros:

For years I've been asking for date filters - something as simple as "see all emails sent by this client between 2020-04-10 to 2020-04-15" - NOTHING. To make matters worse, when looking at older emails in a list, it doesn't even show the date - it will show some ambiguous phrase like "About a year ago" which lumps in a 6 month period. If you want accurate tracking of communication, forget it. If you have one off emails that you'll never need to see again once resolved, maybe. If it weren't for the fact we have so many existing records with this company we'd switch but we are stuck, and years of asking them for a simple feature to either allow date based searches OR at least display actual date of email, has been futile. Regret having chose this as our support desk provider for our team of 8!

Cons:

The lack of basic and very simple features such as filtering emails/communication by date, or even displaying an accurate date. What business runs on emails that show the date on a list as "About A Year Ago"? Absolutely horrible for business management or record keeping. If you want to manage long term relationship with clients and be able to look up conversations quickly, DO NOT USE FRESHBOOKS.

Alistair
Commercial Director in South Africa
Computer Software, 11–50 Employees

Good software, support a let down

Comments: Painful in terms of getting what we need. The software is good but everything else around it is a let down

Pros:

The system is comprehensive with a lot of features and plugins

Cons:

The setup process was painful. Call after call booked in with nothing really being achieved. We ended up figuring most things out ourselves. Ongoing support when there are issues is painfully slow and I feel most of the guys supporting don't understand the system fully themselves

Alternatives Considered: Front and Zendesk Suite

Reasons for Choosing Freshdesk: Useresponse had good software but was limited to WhatsApp integration and we use telegram which didn't work effectively. [sensitive content hidden] was particularly unhelpful when we were over charged and refused a refund even though it was a system issue. On principle we left.

Switched From: UseResponse

Reasons for Switching to Freshdesk: Freshdesk ticked more boxes and worked better with the team. We had very specific asks around Telegram and the way our company works and this was the only product that could accommodate

joe
Director of Operations in US
Information Technology & Services, 2–10 Employees

Simple but powerful ticket system

5.0 2 months ago New

Comments: Overall positive feedback. We would like to see features be able to be added on ala cart. we would also like easier integrations such as billing and inventory software to easier manage items being sold.

Pros:

We can keep track of our tickets and see them grouped in the dashboard. I can see at a glance if anything is overdue and what is actively open. I can run metrics to see how many tickets on average we get incoming per day. The field service add on allows us to have customer sign their work order upon completion and keep track of time.

Cons:

Certain features are not ala cart. Depending on the feature you want, you'd have to upgrade your whole plan and get even more features that you might now want. sometimes when we are replying in a ticket, the curser jumps to the beginning. We haven't been able to figure out if its a keyboard combination or shortcut that is doing it, or something else.

Beverly
Customer Service Executive in Lithuania
Management Consulting, 2–10 Employees

An Iconic and Straightforward Help Desk Tool.

5.0 last month New

Comments: It provides 24/7 customer support thus increasing customer satisfaction.

Pros:

It is simple to communicate and engage with our customers in multiple communication channels via live chat,calls,emails and SMS using Freshdesk.It streamlines and automates customer service workflows.It handles and responds to our customers enquiries faster.

Cons:

I lack anything to complain about this Help Desk tool.

Nidhi
Senior Implementation Consultant in Australia

Freshdesk Features

4.0 last month New

Comments: It is not bad. It has some good features and some average.

Pros:

-Easy to search -Keeps the history. -Contact Management -Real time notifications

Cons:

-It should have a time entry feature also where we can directly put time against the ticket we worked on.

Information Technology & Services, Self Employed

Great IT Ticket System

5.0 2 months ago New

Pros:

We have been using Freshdesk for years and a very satisfied with how it works and its API functionality with other platforms.

Cons:

There are a couple of automations we would love to use but they simply do not exist in the platform.

Individual & Family Services, Self Employed

Use a few different places, professionally.

5.0 4 weeks ago New

Pros:

The ability to type my requests & inquiries instead of having to call or waste a lot of (otherwise valuable) time!

Cons:

Unknown. No comments. N/A DOES NOT APPLY

Information Services, 201–500 Employees

Freshdesk is a great alternative to over priced industry stalwarts.

Pros:

Freshdesk has been a breeze to set up and use effectively. My team loves how easy it is to quickly work through tickets. We heavily use Trello and their integration is top tier. When issues do come up, the support team is always available to answer my questions. Even when it doesn't support a particular workflow, I've always been given excellent suggestions to work around its limitations.

Cons:

Many integrations are v1 products that were built years ago and never updated. Salesforce integration needs a lot of work. We had to disable it because it was using too many API calls.

Alternatives Considered: Zendesk Suite

Reasons for Choosing Freshdesk: Salesforce Service Cloud is a pain to configure. It's it pretty much unusable unless your company has an on-staff Salesforce developer. You can only configure very basic functionality via the admin options.

Switched From: Salesforce Service Cloud

Neal
Neal
Practice Manager in Canada
Computer & Network Security, 2–10 Employees

Very solid help desk software

Comments: I started as a free user and found it extremely versatile. My first hiccup was that, as a free user, when the advanced features that were included expired, they disabled my account. Instead of scaling it back it just went offline without warning. Once that was fixed we found an excellent way to continue with the free account until they implemented a "spam" update that invalidated all tickets sent to any email address except our main address. Again, this was done without warning and we were offline for 3 days. We have subscribed but it was done more out of necessity rather than being able to upgrade for full features.

Pros:

I like the fact that it has a dedicated APP for mobile use, that I can use Email to respond to tickets, great search functionality as well

Cons:

Interface could use an update to be more compact and show more information in a single screen. right now a ticket takes up pretty much every part of the display. Also, IOS app is slow on startup and refreshing

Alternatives Considered: Zendesk Suite

Reasons for Choosing Freshdesk: Many Many more features, great consolidation of my client base.

Switched From: Spiceworks Cloud Help Desk

Reasons for Switching to Freshdesk: More features and better pricing than Zendesk.

Raymond
Software Development Manager in South Africa
Education Management, 201–500 Employees

Freshdesk review by software dev manager @ Regenesys Business School

Comments: Awesome.

Pros:

The ease of use, both for the agents as well as the clients is pretty awesome. Being able to pull out detailed reports concerning not only the tickets on the system and their categories and statuses, but also seeing agents' performances makes this product recommendable for me.

Cons:

The fact that I have to log in twice, once for freshdesk and then again for freshworks, before I can gain access to our freshdesk platform really irks me sometimes. An SSO would go a long way in preventing this. Also, being to integrate with Jira proved unsuccessful for me.

Alternatives Considered: Spiceworks Cloud Help Desk

Reasons for Choosing Freshdesk: Coz Freshdesk proved to be a better product

Switched From: Spiceworks Cloud Help Desk

Reasons for Switching to Freshdesk: Ease of use for agents and clients as well as reports.

Rich
District Technology Director in US
Education Management, 11–50 Employees

Using FreshDesk for 3 years and Still Going Strong

Comments: Teachers generally create tickets for me with problems they have with technology. Administration creates tickets for me to evaluate different education systems, set up systems for teachers, arrange training, or pretty much anything. It's all documented in detail in the ticket, along with pictures, links to articles, whatever I need.

Pros:

The software is easily customizable, and fairly easy to use. Being able to see the notifications pop up on my watch and access tickets from my Google Pixel phone is a lifesaver. Teacher's can't be bothered to log in to a portal to create a ticket, so we customized Fresh Desk so they could simply send an email of their problem to [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] and it would create a ticket for them. I can reply to them right from within the help desk system. Initially we had it set up for two agents and purchased the next level plan. Our Maintenance Supervisor ended up not using it so we backed down to the free version. The virsatility of multiple plans is a major plus. Their support is quick, and eager to help. They will actually go out of their way to help you.

Cons:

The only con is probably easily fixable-- When I close a ticket, it of course emails the teacher letting him/her know. But they inevitably always reply with Thank You, which reopens the ticket. Other than that, it is a perfect system!

Thabo
Thabo
Managing Director in South Africa
Mining & Metals, 2–10 Employees

TMI-SSP (PTY) LTD

Comments: Wonderful, I really like their 24hrs support system

Pros:

With 5 years in business, we started seeing change in our revenues and employee behaviour in the last 2,5 years of using FRESHDESK. We stopped for sometime thinking maybe we could continue without these tools and a huge gap opened up thus we had to go back to the tried & tested.

Cons:

Ease of business Friendly Interface Work Anywhere (App or Web)

Alternatives Considered: Zendesk Suite

Reasons for Choosing Freshdesk: They rely too much on chat bots The only person who spoke to me was their sales rep when she was selling me their product Poor response time to email queries (support is too slow) No 24hrs support

Switched From: Salesforce Sales Cloud

Reasons for Switching to Freshdesk: It is tried and tested within my company It has 24hrs support Quick response to customer queries

Computer Software, 201–500 Employees

Good Customer Support Platform

Comments: Overall a positive experience with FreshDesk. The product was fairly easy to implement since we didn’t migrate data from our old system. Training for the staff was pretty quick and we’ve gained a lot of workflow improvements since switching.

Pros:

FreshDesk is a power and easy to use customer service platform. We use it to manage our customer support ticketing system and measure our response against SLA’s. It meets our expectations in all areas

Cons:

We use FreshDesk to integrate with our on site ticketing system. We’ve run a series of challenges keeping this running, but besides that advanced feature we have had few issues.

Alternatives Considered: Jira

Reasons for Choosing Freshdesk: Footprints was an old school on site platform that hadn’t kept up with the times. We needed a total refresh.

Switched From: Footprints

Reasons for Switching to Freshdesk: Jira is a far more complex and extensive platform

Ahmed
Ahmed
Founder, Biomedical Engineer & Data Scientist in Egypt
Information Technology & Services, 2–10 Employees

Experience The Magic of Freshdesk An Affordable Solution for Effortless CS.

Comments: Freshdesk has been a valuable asset for our company, it has helped us to solve many of our business problems and improve our customer service and support, The benefits we have realized from using Freshdesk include improved customer satisfaction, better communication and collaboration, and increased efficiency and productivity.

Pros:

Our company has been using Freshdesk for a while now, and overall, we have had a positive experience with the software, Here are some of the things that we liked most about Freshdesk:- Comprehensive and Impactful Features, Freshdesk offers a wide range of features, like ticket management, scheduling, sales pipeline management, lead management, knowledge base management, project planning, task management, contact database, service history, content management, support ticket management, and contact management, These features have been very impactful for our business and have greatly improved our customer service and support.- Easy integration with other tools and applications was very easy, we were able to integrate it with our existing tools and systems with minimal effort.

Cons:

Some of the features in Freshdesk are less customizable and difficult to tailor to our specific needs, Also remote access and control feature is limited and not as robust as we would like.

Alternatives Considered: Jira, Kayako and Zendesk Suite

Reasons for Switching to Freshdesk: After evaluating a number of alternative products, we ultimately chose Freshdesk because it offered the best combination of features, pricing, and overall user experience for our company, Freshdesk offers a wide range of features that are tailored to our specific needs, like ticket management, scheduling, sales pipeline management, lead management, knowledge base management, project planning, task management, contact database, service history, content management, support ticket management, and contact management, Also Freshdesk is more customizable as compared to other products we evaluated.Freshdesk's integration with other tools and applications was very easy, we were able to integrate it with our existing tools and systems with minimal effort, and this was a major factor in our decision to choose Freshdesk. Cost-Effective: Freshdesk's pricing plans were more cost-effective than some of the other alternative products we considered, which was an important factor for our organization. Positive User Experience: Our team had a positive experience during the evaluation process and we found Freshdesk to be user-friendly, which was also an important factor for our organization.

belasco
Digital Manager in South Africa
Marketing & Advertising, 11–50 Employees

FreshDesk Review

Comments: My overall experience with Freshdesk has been great. The platform is easy to use and navigate, and provides great customer service and support. The ticketing system is very organized and efficient and the dashboard is great for keeping track of all your customer support requests. The automation and reporting tools help to streamline the process and make it easier to manage multiple customers. The integration with other tools is also helpful, allowing me to quickly connect with other systems to provide better customer service. Overall, I find Freshdesk to be a great platform for managing customer service requests.

Pros:

I liked how easy it was to use Freshdesk. The software was intuitive, and the user interface was well designed. The customer support was also excellent. They were always available to answer questions and provide assistance. Additionally, the reporting features were comprehensive and allowed us to track customer support trends and metrics.

Cons:

One of the biggest drawbacks of freshdesk is its lack of customizability. It can be difficult to tailor the software to meet the specific needs of different businesses, as there are limited options for customizing the interface and features. Additionally, the pricing plans can be a bit expensive for some companies, depending on the level of support they require.

Stephanie
Stephanie
System Administrator in US
Information Technology & Services, 10,000+ Employees

It has many functions like ticket management

Comments: Intuitive interface that can greatly aid businesses in providing superior customer service. It supports a plethora of functions, such as ticket tracking, sales funnel management, task tracking, service history, etc. Tracking and responding to tickets is simple. In addition, it has numerous tools for reporting and analysis.

Pros:

Small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs) stand to gain a lot from using Freshdesk. If you ever have a problem, their customer service is top notch. All in all, we were pleased with Freshdesk during our time working with them. Our primary motivation for using the ticketing system was for support purposes.

Cons:

Occasionally, it might be a difficult process to integrate the new system with the old one, and some functions, like ticket forms, have relatively less room for personalization. There are few possibilities for creating reports.

Alok
Alok
Self Employed in India
Information Technology & Services, Self Employed

Far better than the rest!

Comments: I have tried and worked with various competing helpdesk software's (both SaaS and Self Hosted), but Freshdesk is simply amazing and outstanding. I was up and running in less than 2-3 minutes. Yes, you heard it right, less than 2-3 minutes.

Pros:

The best part I love about Freshdesk is the super fast - clean, simple, minimalistic and easy-to-use interface. Next what impresses me is the instant help and tips across all the sections in the Admin, making it extremely easy for a layman to get started in less time and without any help and support.

Cons:

Well, there is really nothing I don't like about Freshdesk other than a little improvement with spam handling and spammers. No doubt Freshdesk already takes care of it but slightly in a different manner. I feel there should be an intelligent spam detection algorithm and mechanism which would send the spam tickets right into the Spam folder. Besides, creating and maintaining a common database of spammers would add even more charm to the software. That way, an agent can further manually review the Spam tickets and deal with them accordingly. Another slight issue is with the contact management. For any contacts that are deleted, Freshdesk marks tickets from those contacts as spam which I think is wrong. From time-to-time, the contact database increases with people contacting only once and then never turning back for years. Such contacts unnecessarily increase the burden of managing contacts and need to be deleted periodically. Instead, Freshdesk should consider creating a special category wherein all the contacts that are marked as spam will be tagged into this category. That way, an agent can get rid of unwanted contacts.

Service Representative in US

Great for Support Tasks

Comments: Overall, FD is a helpful tool for a support staff that deals with a large client base. However, just like any other product, it does have some things that need to be worked on.

Pros:

It's easy to categorize and keep track of your work, especially with the new FreshDesk Mint version. The new FreshDesk Mint also shows a contact's recent tickets, so I can quickly see their recent history. I really love the scenario automations and keyboard shortcuts. Overall, FD mint feels smoother than the old FD. I wish they had: -more options for scenario customization -more options for keyboard shortcuts/customization === They have a decent customer support team that responds relatively quick(within 24 hours).

Cons:

Some features from the old FreshDesk didn't transfer to the new FreshDesk mint. -Text in <PRE> tags wrapped perfectly to the next line(s) on the old FD, but it gets jumbled into one line on the new FD mint. I have to literally copy the whole string and create a comment so I can read my client's request. -I was able to edit the ticket's requester email address to ANY mail address on the old FD. This is not possible on the FD mint unless you have admin privileges to edit your company's contact database. So, if you don't have admin privileges to edit your company's contact database, you'd only have access to update the ticket request email address to ONLY contacts in your company's contact database. I had to literally convert to the old FD every time to just update the email address, and then go back to FD mint to process the rest of the ticket. -CTRL+Shift shortcut didn't enter a space on the old FD, but it does on the new FD Mint. I have to account for this now whenever working in FD Mint. -Better statistics and analysis would be nice. The most useless statistic/achievement they offer is the 'Speed racer' statistic. I believe it's fair to help contacts in the order they come(first come, first serve). So, I work on 'older' tickets and I get punished for not responding to the 'newest' ticket available. Why should you serve the client that just walked in the door instead of the person who has been waiting for hours?

Robert
Technology Project Manager in US
Education Management, 501–1,000 Employees

A Fresh Approach to Ticketing

Comments: FreshDesk is a great ticketing system.
We use FreshDesk to support all the schools in our school district.
Integration with Google (SSO, profile info, etc) works wonderfully.
Knowledge base Articles are great. If we had to do it all over again, we would pick FreshDesk again.
Our users love FreshDesk, they often comment how easy it is to place a ticket.

Pros:

Modern, Elegant, Google Integrated, Nice iOS & Android Apps, Intuitive. Lots of useful features. (Merging tickets, Splitting tickets, Tags for tickets, KB Articles, Teams, Chat, etc) Nifty videos even at the end of the year. Service up-time is great (I don't think we've ever noticed an outage). Knowledge base Articles are great.

Cons:

Plans & pricing are a bit annoying. You have to pick from useful features or unnecessary cost for things that should be included without an up charge to a higher plan. Sales, Support, Development, Billing, basically EVERYTHING, is in India, which isn't by itself bad, and for Freshdesk's part, it's much better than most India based support... But, if you open a ticket about billing, it can be months (literally months) before your issue is resolved. There are some design flaws with the product, and while you're told changes will be considered, they seldom are - FreshDesk has their own agenda, and your feedback isn't all that important in the development. It would be nice to see the company track, implement, and report back when feedback is actually taken, and this would be nice if it was done in a timely manner, but that doesn't happen. Some features are a bit confusing to set up and have silly names (Observer & Dispatcher) -- an outside has no idea what those features do, and even after using FreshDesk for a years, it's still a bit opaque. The concept of ticket fields vs user fields can be a bit annoying. There are little refinements that are lacking (email alerts that are not as good as they should be, etc).

Sandrine
Sandrine
Manager in France
Computer Software, 2–10 Employees

Freshdesk makes support easier and at a very attractive price

Comments: Freshdesk is a robust helpdesk platform, which offers all the key helpdesk features. We have a partner who uses Freshdesk. We asked them for their feedback. They told us that they were happy with the solution and it matched their requirements, even with the Free edition. In 2015, we were looking for a helpdesk platform, because our internal solution was outdated and our budget was tight. We look at the solutions available on the market. After a very quick try we were convinced about Freshdesk: it was adopted! The Free edition (Sprout) offered us everything we needed and it was so user friendly! Freshdesk helps us to save time and money as it automates the support ticket management process: customized support rules, automatic email notification, tickets queue management That's perfect for us and for our customers who use it for submitting support ticket.

Pros:

We definitively like a couple of things about Freshdesk. Even with the Free edition you have access to plenty of features. The portal can be customized: you can specify the colors of the colors theme, choose a font and also add your organization logo. You then can offer a branded helpdesk platform to your customers. All the admin features you need are in a one tab (Admin) organized in 4 main categories: helpdesk channels, main settings It is so easy to configure the solution and to customize it (forms, emails, and so on). The solution can be online in only a couple of minutes. We had to contact the Freshdesk support only once, and honestly we were really impressed by the way they handled our support request because we only have the free edition. The ticket was solved and closed in only a couple of hours. Great support service!

Cons:

As we used the Free edition, we don't see any cons.

Haseeb
Customer Service Supervisor of Training and Development in Canada
Transportation/Trucking/Railroad, 201–500 Employees

Quite powerful CRM for Email Management, but still Improving

Comments: Overall, the system is quite good, but there is definitely room for improvement. It's generally easy to use for the basic actions and the rules that can be set make this a powerful tool.It does begin to get a little complicated when you have several departments using Freshdesk together (for example, adding another department using Freshdesk into a ticket doesn't create a ticket for that department - instead, the ticket has to be flipped, or have to go through parent-child ticketing, which can be confusing for those that are not tech savvy).

Pros:

Freshdesk allows our company to manage our distribution lists that have a very high volume of incoming emails. It allows management to distribute and balance the workload of the department with ease.Not only does it keep a record of all emails sent and received, it also keeps track of all actions that were taken within the ticket along with the users or rules responsible for the changes.

Cons:

The way the tickets come in and starts tracking time - this should be modifiable based on business needs, but seems to only track the time (& SLA) based on when the ticket/ email was created. This would be great for an IT department, but loses it's value in this aspect for a Customer Service department.Other companies that use a ticketing based CRM tends to clash with Freshdesk sometimes. Since each response includes the ticket number at the end of the subject line, each response ends up creating a brand new ticket, making it much harder to follow the chain.Freshdesk also has a Merge feature - but this feature doesn't really work very well. I would recommend not using it at all if the email chains are large. This feature just sticks the entire email chain into the ticket, as a single post, instead of filling in spots in chronological order.

, 501–1,000 Employees

Feeling huge potential of Freshdesk, but experiencing quite low speed of advancing

Comments: We got convenient for clients Helpdesk portal
But still we are upset about lack of customizations and that some features are hardcoded (e.g. translations of Feedback form)

Pros:

1. Occasional agents - great feature to keep agents without buying additional places 2. Very convenient multi-language feature 3. LIQUID gives lot of possibilities 4. Gamification features 5. Fully-operational API which is convenient to use 6. Great uptime. For almost 12 months of use - very rare failures 7. Convenient UI both for agents and customers (still lots of room for improvement) 8. Constant improvements and new features (but no sandbox still :( ) 9. Convenient customization of solutions (with multi-language features) 10. Good functionality of Dispatch'r, Supervisors and Observers. But still they are poorer than in SF and for some reason they're divided in separate groups (in SF they're just Workflow rules)

Cons:

1. Some interesting features are hardcoded and have no possibility to be re-used (e.g. no "Popular articles" feature. Or we'd like to place Search field to outter resource so we could push customers to Helpdesk portal. But it can't be placed somewehere outside Freshdesk) 2. Having deep experience with Salesforce, we can say that Freshdesk has VERY LOW options of customization. E.g. we can't just limit rights to separate field or hide it for some users (I know there is an application, but it's not native functionality of Freshdesk) 3. Shutting down system (Hotline) and forcing users to move to another solution (throwing out all works done about implementation of Hotline) 4. No clear documentation about establishing integrations (e.g. with telephony service) 5. Day passes - I think it's incovenient that they are not included into subscription plan. Perhaps 10 passes a month or smth like that 6. No possibility to create own report - only use pre-built ones 7. I suppose b2b system should me much more flexible (we have a great example of such approach - Salesforce)