• Overall
    3.9 /5
    3.7 /5
    3.9 /5

About Campaigner

Advanced email marketing tools for medium & enterprise businesses to build powerful personal connections with their customers.

Learn more about Campaigner

Kristi D.
Interactive Marketing Manager
Architecture & Planning, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 18/09/2018

"Use What You Know"

Comments: We send a weekly email to 40k users and this program has worked for us for the last 8 years.

Pros: This program was already in use when I joined the company and the learning curve was minimal. It has all the standard templates, contacts, and reports that you would need. Every time I have called customer service, they have been helpful.

Cons: Working with the templates can be really finicky. It can be difficult to get it to do what you want at times. It is also not as user friendly as MailChimp, for instance. Their reporting is there but you have to do click more time to get to it and comparing email sends can be annoying the way it's laid out.

by j2 Global on 15/10/2018

Hi Kristi,
Thank you for leaving a review of Campaigner.

We are happy to hear that the platform works well for you and your team. We also appreciate th feedback you provided and have passed it along to our product team.

If you have any additional questions please do not hesitate to contact us.

• Reviewed on 18/09/2018
Anita C.
Admin Coordinator
Hospital & Health Care, 10,000+ Employees
  • Reviewed on 03/09/2020

"Great product for the price"

Comments: Overall, it performs just as well as other software out there with a Canadian server.
The price is very good.

Pros: -Easy to use
-Intuitive
-Reports are comprehensive
-Contacts are easy to manage
-Lists (groups) are easy to manage
-Canadian user that needs data to be kept on a Canadian server and campaigner meets that need.

Cons: Sometimes, what you design in drag-drop editor isn't what gets sent out.

by j2 Global on 14/09/2020

Hi Anita,

Thank you very much for your valuable feedback and it is great to know that you are getting great use of our product.

I would like to look further into the item you raised about the Drag and Drop editor, please follow up with me at your earliest convenience.

• Reviewed on 03/09/2020
Kitty R.
Email Specialist
  • Reviewed on 14/09/2020

"Good, but not for beginners"

Comments: We are an agency and use Campaign to send email broadcasts for out clients.

Pros: The price is probably why my company chose Campaigner.

Cons: Campaigner is not really set up for agencies to manage multiple client accounts. It has improved a bit over the past couple years but still clunky in that I, as the manager of multiple clients, cannot use my email address as the contact for multiple "sub-accounts." I also cannot set up new sub-accounts; I must request this from support and wait for them to do it. We need to move faster than that at times.

by j2 Global on 25/09/2020

Hello Kitty,

Thank you very much for your feedback as it gives us valuable insight into your experience with Campaigner.

This feedback will be sent to our support and product managers, as we always strive to keep our software as optimized as possible to our valued customers.

• Reviewed on 14/09/2020
Sheren Z.
Marketing Coordinator
  • Reviewed on 17/07/2019

"Commercial Real Estate"

Pros: I like the thought that was put into the little details such as, being able to put in a subject to any email link when linking to an image or text. I appreciate that because our Constant Contact account is very complicated when adding a subject to an email link.

Cons: It's a little complicated to use. I've had multiple issues adding and changing minor things to the blast. Sometimes you add a photo and boom its huge and you have to get in there and minimize it; sometimes you have to minimize the width and not the length. It's not as user friendly as Constant contact. The functionality of constant contact is very straightforward and consistent. For example, if you need to add an image somewhere to your blast, just drag the image icon to the area of choice; if you want to add a button, then just drag the button to where you like. We currently use both CC and campaigner and had thought of switching to campaigner which is why we started testing it out but cannot because we are very busy and need to be able to move through setting things up quickly. That's the thing holding us back from switching.

by j2 Global on 07/07/2020

Hi Sheren,

Thank you very much for taking the time to leave this valuable feedback about your experience with Campaigner.

I am very happy to be able to address some of the points that you brought up about ease of design by letting you know about our new Drag and Drop editor with which you will have access to a plethora of templates to select from, but also the ability to customize the size position, etc of everything which is added. The best thing about it, in my opinion, is that each design produced in the Drag and Drop editor is always completely mobile responsive.

We would be happy to show you more about it anytime, it is enabled for all accounts.

• Reviewed on 17/07/2019
Helen H.
Sr Account Director
Education Management, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 26/08/2020

"Great for Small Businesses"

Comments: I like the software as a whole. We are small so don't use it a lot but it's great to have. The staff that set us up were great to work with.

Pros: Being able to duplicate a previous SEND so I can update it easily instead of recreating. Report are easily viewed. Being able to set the time for the SEND. The ability to SEND a previous email only to those that didn't open the first time. I like the fact that I can see JUST the opt outs and the bounces - both hard and soft.

Cons: Sometimes I want to have a picture to move to a certain spot in the 'page' but it won't go "dead centre" I would like to be able to edit a SENT product to be able to update a typo or date and then RESEND to those that didn't open. If I create a copy, I loose the means to only send to those that didn't open the original - if there is a way I would be interested to know.

by j2 Global on 10/09/2020

Hello Helen,

Thank you very much for this feedback, it provides valuable insight into your experience using Campaigner and it is much appreciated.

• Reviewed on 26/08/2020
Jesse R.
Retail Specialist
  • Reviewed on 25/01/2021

"Campaigner Review"

Pros: - I like that it's customizable with HTML. Customizing our own emails in this way is extremely important in our business.
- Being able to see the metrics of who has clicked and how many times helps us to prioritize our follow up. This is huge.

Cons: - Navigating the user interface can be cumbersome at times especially in reviewing the metrics for clicks, and opens. It seems to kick you back to the beginning and forces you to click through multiple menus to return to different options.
- More insights into what was clicked and by who would be more useful. Or a profile of each contact and their activity within our emails would be nice. Being able to see that John Doe has opened the past 5 email blasts on office properties and clicked the brochure link on 3 of those would be ideal.

by j2 Global on 28/01/2021

Hello Jesse and thanks for taking the time to leave this great feedback, I am glad to know that you are liking Campaigner for your email marketing. The details you left here are valuable and help to ensure we give the best experience possible. ^CP

• Reviewed on 25/01/2021
Douglas G.
Publisher
Media Production, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 12/10/2020

"Campaigner is a workhorse for us"

Comments: Very satisfied

Pros: Easy to use, reliable, better email news.

Cons: Wish the images would be easier to scale

Hello Douglas,

Thank you very much for taking the time to leave this feedback for us.

• Reviewed on 12/10/2020
David M.
Executive Editor
Online Media, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 06/10/2020

"Campaigner fits the budget and does what's needed"

Comments: Great product and a great price to allow me to easily provide email marketing to my list.

Pros: Low entry to get started, very easy to use.

Cons: It does everything I need, but I can see where it may not have ALL of the features of some of the more expensive products. But since I don't require them, I don't miss them, or the higher price tag.

Hello David,

Thank you very much for your feedback, it is most definitely valued as it will help us to continue to ensure that we deliver the best support and product possible.

• Reviewed on 06/10/2020
Kathryn W.
Director of Marketing
Publishing, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 29/07/2019

"I like the idea of this, but not easy to use"

Comments: It's been neutral. We were a Streamsend customer before they were bought out. I like the price but everything else is really not intuitive.

Pros: Cost is the biggest pro for this software. It's much cheaper than their competitors and I like that you don't have to pay per contact.

Cons: I have a really hard time getting emails to appear properly as coded. The campaigner system seems to manipulate or change things that shouldn't be changed. It also seems to have a good bit of bugs in it.

by j2 Global on 07/07/2020

Hi Kathryn,

Thanks for your honest review of Campaigner, this kind of feedback is extremely valuable to us.

We have since made major improvements to our email editor, and have made the addition of our new Drag and Drop editor which enables all users to create beautiful and mobile responsive email designs in minutes.

We would love the opportunity to show you the changes and improvements we have made, please reach out to us anytime.

Myles M.
Entertainment, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 04/05/2018

"Useful platform for contacting my clients and prospects"

Comments: It helps my business keep in touch with my clients and with people who buy my services

Pros: Easy to use, functional. I was able to set up well with lots of help from customer service. Now I am familiar with it and I use it every 1-2 months. I don't believe in pounding people with emails every week. It's great to have the stats from the emails to see how the subject lines are working. I had some problems in the past with some of my lists but that was sorted out with help from sales and customer service.

Cons: It's quite expensive for my small business. Probably need to prune down my databases. I have no idea how to do that and I am not sure if the contacts duplicate between different lists. I really don't have a lot of complaints about campaigner. I find the service way better than constant contact which was awful.

by j2 Global on 18/06/2018

Hi Myles,
Thanks so much for reviewing our platform.

We are excited to hear of your success with Campaigner.

Our platform does not add duplicate contacts to the add, it only counts it as one even if it appears in multiple lists. If you have any questions or comments please do not hesitate to contact us.

Stephen D.
Sports, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 17/08/2020

"Non-Intuitive User Interface & Customer/Tech Support Declining"

Comments: One of the biggest positives with Campaigner when I first got it 5 yrs ago was the hands-on Tech Support, which was readily available and really helpful. However, lately it hasn't been. I couldn't get a simple JPG image inserted without the software rejecting my test emails. Support was difficult to reach and ultimately worthless. Not only could the person not solve the problem, but the "escalation" support never came. I finally had to re-structure my email into a very simple text format. Very disappointing and frustrating. (Note: Earlier campaigns using the same image design always worked fine. Never had a problem.)

Pros: Ability to send 2,500 emails to our Contact base.

Cons: Using this software isn't intuitive. I have extensive MS Office experience but can't easily navigate this software. It is more like the WordPress software which is similarly frustrating.

by j2 Global on 01/09/2020

Hello Stephen,

Thank you for taking the time to leave this feedback as this kind of information helps to ensure that we are putting our best efforts forward in the places where it is needed the most.

I will most definitely check into your support cases to ensure that your reported issues are receiving the best attention possible.

Please reach out to us anytime.

• Reviewed on 17/08/2020
Alex M.
Marketing Coordinator
Medical Practice, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 03/02/2020

"Awful for designing emails"

Comments: We use Campaigner to send reminders, newsletters, and promotions. We have three staff members that use Campaigner and we use it on a daily basis. The benefit of Campaigner (for my company) is that it allowed us to create a plan that suited our needs, for a far more affordable price than the competitors. I quickly learned to use Campaigner's email builder as infrequently as possible. If you're considering Campaigner, make sure that you have a lot of patience.

Pros: Affordability - the main reason I continue to use Campaigner is that it is BY FAR the most affordable option for my company's needs. Customizable plans - With Campaigner we were able to set up a plan based on monthly emails, and not contacts (as is the case with most email marketing platforms) which allows us to send infrequent emails to our large customer base.

Cons: Frustrating to build emails - "Glitchy" doesn't even begin to describe the absolutely nonsensical malfunctions that occur while designing an email in the campaign builder. Random spacing, broken links, and font reassignment are just a few of the issues I have come across using the Campaigner provided tools. Not once, but TWICE, has the program completely erased parts of my email template after HOURS of work. Total waste of time. The email builder is THE LEAST user-friendly software I have ever worked with. Questionable customer service - I called customer service to make a short-term increase to my email limit (it was supposed to be ONE MONTH) and I had to call multiple times over the course of THREE MONTHS before our account was set back to normal. I'm still not sure if the rep flat out lied to me, or if he just managed to forget to do something multiple times. My associates have also had run-ins with Campaigner support being rude and condescending when calling for assistance. If you're going to run a platform that doesn't work half of the time, maybe work on having better customer support...

by j2 Global on 16/06/2020

Hello Alex, thank you very much for taking the time to submit this detailed feedback. Information like this is extremely valuable to us as it allows us to have a deeper understanding as to what is working well for you, and what may need some attention. I am happy to let you know about our new Drag and Drop editor, which should greatly help you with the creation of great-looking, responsive email designs. When you go to create your next email campaign, you will see the option for the Drag and Drop available there. I hope this helps!

• Reviewed on 03/02/2020
Spenser D.
Director of Marketing & Digital Media
Sports, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 22/12/2020

"Great value, could use a few more features"

Comments: It's much more user friendly, customizable, and visually appealing than our previous provider.

Pros: Ease of process from start to finish. If you use a template and drag-and-drop, it's easy to set an email up and test it, add contacts, and send.

Cons: Could use some more customization, sometimes I feel limited by the features. I also wish it was easier to take a previous email and duplicate it to make the next one, instead of making a template at the beginning of the design process.

by j2 Global on 05/01/2021

Hi Spenser,

Thanks for your feedback! We're glad that you've found Campaigner easy to use and have had a positive experience with us.

Allison, Content Marketing Manager

• Reviewed on 22/12/2020
Ron K.
Automotive, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 19/08/2020

"Great alternative for ConstantC"

Comments: Overall good!

Pros: Easy to use, multiple choices so I chose it

Cons: Limits on photos saved and some won't delete

by j2 Global on 10/09/2020

Hello Ron,

Thanks for your feedback! I hope that you reach out to our support team so that we can help you with your image management.

Please reach out anytime.

Carlos, Campaigner Customer Marketing Manager

• Reviewed on 19/08/2020
Gary C.
Sr Project Manager
Health, Wellness & Fitness, 10,000+ Employees
  • Reviewed on 04/08/2020

"Good option for mass emails"

Comments: We have found it very easy to use and to design attractive emails that open correctly on all platforms.

Pros: The customer service is excellent. You'll get an English-speaking person who totally knows the product and will be able to help you the first time. They are typically not rushed, so if you need to have them stay on the line while you work something through, they will.

Cons: We're on a monthly plan, so we pay even if we don't send anything in a month. It's probably cheaper than paying as we go, but I hate to pay a bill when I know I didn't use the product that month.

by j2 Global on 25/08/2020

Hi Gary,

Thanks very much for taking the time to leave this feedback for us. I am very glad to know that our support team is performing to your satisfaction and helping you when you need it most.

• Reviewed on 04/08/2020
Louise A.
Office Admin
  • Reviewed on 05/08/2019

"Things I feel should change"

Pros: I like that you can send to multiple agents at one time.

Cons: The program is not as easy to navigate as the previous "Streamsend" was. There are too many steps to take before you actually send your flyer. I am pretty computer savvy, so if I'm having trouble, I wonder how many others are??

Hello Louise,

Thank you very much for your honest feedback, this is a great help to us so that we can continue to make improvement for our users.

Wishing you all the best,

• Reviewed on 05/08/2019
Nisha A.
Director of Marketing
Professional Training & Coaching, 11-50 Employees

"A Great Marketing Tool"

Comments: Overall it was a great experience. It provided us with the platform we needed for our inbound marketing efforts and the team was easy to work with.

Pros: It was easy to manage with templates that could be cloned and edited.

Cons: I found the navigation a bit small to read and a bit finiky at times.

Hi Nisha,

Thank you for your valuable feedback of Campaigner. I hope that we have been able to address your concerns in regards to viewing the user interface, it is optimized for all major web browsers. Please reach out to us anytime you need some help.

Carole S.
Farming, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 21/11/2020

"Campaigner is easy to use, offers seasonal programs and maintains our customer database"

Comments: It is a good company to deal with.

Pros: My business is only open to the public 3 months a year. They offer off season rates.

Cons: The new letter writing options are just okay.

by j2 Global on 02/12/2020

Hi Carole,

Thanks for taking the time to give us feedback. We're glad that your experience had been positive.

Allison, Content Marketing Manager

• Reviewed on 21/11/2020
Cynthia G.
Principal
Public Relations & Communications, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 08/02/2021

"Great for PR Campaign Management"

Pros: If you can't afford to subscribe to an expensive contact management/media database - Campaigner is a great solution. You can house and manage your media contacts and send out campaigns following all protocols (allowing for opt outs, etc).

Cons: Most of the templates are set up for newsletter or email promotions. I had to strip down the most basic newsletter template/ad promo to get a very basic layout that would be appropriate for emailing the media.

by j2 Global on 25/03/2021

Hello Cynthia, thanks very much for taking the time to leave this valuable feedback for us. Looking forward to serving your email marketing needs on an ongoing basis. Best - Carlos, Customer Marketing Manager

• Reviewed on 08/02/2021
Suri T.
Communications Director
10,000+ Employees
  • Reviewed on 11/11/2016

"Excellent product"

Comments: Well-structured, well-supported, and fully-featured. Campaigner has a vast set of tools to allow us to customize our emails with personalized information. The reports and analytics are best-in-class. We use this for internal communications in a large (10,000+ employees) company with offices spread across the U.S. I'd recommend taking with a grain of salt reviews from a person (who clearly posted twice) who is too disorganized/lazy to end their free trial. The fact that Campaigner gives s 30-day free trial is, by itself, a really good feature for those trying it out. Just make sure you're not too lazy to cancel if you no longer want the service.

Pros: Great feature set, easy to learn.

by j2 Global on 06/09/2017

Hi Suri,

Thank you for taking the time to review our product. We are so happy to hear of your pleasant experience.

If you have any questions or concern in the future please do not hesitate to contact us!
Have a great day!

• Reviewed on 11/11/2016
Wendy M.
Creative directore
Restaurants, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 21/10/2020

"Campaigner"

Comments: I am getting our messages out in a timely fashion

Pros: Easy to upload artwork and place images into the wireframe. Easy to add email lists and set timing for the campaigns to release out to the customers.

Cons: Difficult to edit the tables for the background layout. Wish is was more designer friendly and easy to just add fonts and looks. In all fairness I will take another tour of the site to be sure that I am up to date on any new features.

Hello Wendy,

Thank you for your valued feedback and review of Campaigner.

• Reviewed on 21/10/2020
Mysti S.
Admin Assistant
  • Reviewed on 19/10/2020

"Admin Assistant"

Pros: Ease of scheduling campaigns, seeing unsubscribes and hard bounces

Cons: some of the databases don't copy over completely and we have to go back and review again.

Hello Mysti,

Thanks very much for taking the time to leave this feedback for us.

Wishing you all the best,

• Reviewed on 19/10/2020
Christie B.
Communications Assistant
  • Reviewed on 04/05/2018

"We use Campaigner all the time. It works well for our purposes."

Comments: Ease of mass email communication.

Pros: It's an easy way to reach all of our members. Great for weeding out people who have unsubscribed and figuring out whose emails are bouncing. Appreciate the "view in browser" option for those who have issues with the emails.

Cons: It's a bit of a complicated process, at first, to figure out how to set up an email. Once you've done it a few times it's great, but it's not overly intuitive.

by j2 Global on 18/06/2018

Hi Christie,
Thanks for taking the time to review Campaigner.

We are happy to hear our platform is working well for you. We also appreciate the feedback on how our platform works and will pass it along to our product team.

If you have any questions at all, feel free to contact us.

Brad B.
Marketing Director
Fine Art, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 09/08/2019

"Campaigner is THE best value for digital marketing"

Comments: When I was looking for an email solution for our gallery's customers, I researched ALL the available options. Campaigner's no-frills, affordable solution was perfect. Their competitors are over-flowery. We are a retail business, not a party planner.

Pros: Price and the lack of silly frills. We do not need to send party invitations.

Cons: Would like slightly more cross-platform integration. A minor complaint.

Hello Brad,

I just wanted to thank you for the amazing review you have left for us, this means a lot and we greatly value your feedback.

We have added some more integrations and will be set to release some major cross-platform upgrades very soon. So stay tuned, we are very excited.

• Reviewed on 09/08/2019
Paula M.
Partner
Retail, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 23/10/2020

"Hard to use"

Comments: I would love to use this more often but it takes me so long to upload pictures, re-size, place where I want and not where templates must have them put. Text boxes can't easily be moved or re-sized.

Pros: Can send information to many customers at once and can select which groups to send to.

Cons: We want to email our customers with a nice letter and some pictures but their templates are too high marketing for this. I can't adjust sizes or move boxes around. Templates are hard to use.

Hello Paula,

Thank you for taking the time to leave this feedback for us.

I hope that you have had some time to check out our new templates in our new drag and drop email editor.

Please reach out anytime, we will be happy to walk you thought.

• Reviewed on 23/10/2020