VolunteerLocal Reviews

by VolunteerLocal

Filter by:

• Overall

About VolunteerLocal

VolunteerLocal is a website for anyone who needs to organize, manage, schedule and communicate with volunteers.

Learn more about VolunteerLocal

Ram Y.
Youth Committee member
Religious Institutions, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 14/09/2021

"Recommended for any institution that depends on volunteers to function"

Comments: Support team is awesome and the response times are amazing! They are extremely helpful which allows us as end users to take advantage of the features/functionality.

Pros: Very intuitive, easy to setup and manage volunteers, events/jobs/shifts and allows easy check in and check out using kiosks. We had a manual process prior to procuring this system and were enormously burdened with keeping tracking of volunteer hours for the youth (who need the hours to submit to schools/colleges).

Cons: Like any system, this one too is built on a baseline spec. As more institutions/users come onboard and start using it, it is but natural that suggestions will start flowing based on specific nuances. The ease of suggesting these changes and have some or all of those incorporated in subsequent releases would in our view make this system even more versatile and flexible.

• Reviewed on 14/09/2021
Lauren U.
Signature Event Coordinator
Health, Wellness & Fitness, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 10/08/2021

"Great Customer Support"

Pros: I admittedly haven't personally been using it for more than a year - but my team has. I appreciated and found the customer support to be quick, efficient, and really helpful. Everything feels straight forward and easy to use.

Cons: I will definitely keep an eye out for ways to make this more user friendly in the future.

• Reviewed on 10/08/2021
Nadine L.
OfficeManager
Leisure, Travel & Tourism, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 12/06/2019

"Office Manager"

Comments: This will be our 3 year using this program and the experience has been essential in helping us maintain our volunteer needs. We can identify the positions to be filled, the tasks and responsibilities associated with those positions, the shifts and times we need to fill and at a glance can tell where we have holes in each position that need to be filled. Historically, it has helped us identified activity patterns and this allows us to use our volunteers more effectively.

Pros: The site is really easy to use and captures the amount of detail we need for our 200 + volunteers and the individual jobs that we need filled during the Rally. Since we have been using Volunteer Local there has never been a downtime for accessing the system which spells reliability to us and that is important. On the rare occasion I need assistance, the support staff a Volunteer Local have always been extremely responsive, understand the issue almost immediately and take corrective action or provide assistance the same day. I highly recommend this program to any organization who utilizes volunteers to get the work done.

Cons: I can't really offer a con - every time I have come upon a challenge that I can't resolve, the support staff are a phone call or email away to resolve the issue.

• Reviewed on 12/06/2019
Liz W.
Events Volunteer Coordinator
Events Services, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 12/11/2018

"Volunteer Local"

Pros: Volunteer Local gives the volunteers control over when and where they would like to volunteer. They are able to add friends which is great and if something comes up they can also cancel their shift. All of this greatly reduces the amount of time my team spends on the phone and talking to potential volunteers.
I also love the email feature and birthday notification.

Cons: It does not integrate with our organisations CRM and the label printing function does not work with the volunteer name tags we use. However, these are small things and the benefits of using Volunteer Local definitely out weigh these little things.

• Reviewed on 12/11/2018
Mary O.
Computer Networking, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 15/04/2019

"Volunteer Local is AMAZING"

Comments: We put on events every year with, but our biggest event, the Navajo rug show, is our biggest event. We always struggled with our volunteer sign up. Now that we have VL, we are so happy. It makes sign up a breeze. And then let's talk about how GREAT their customer service.
The support team has helped out Adopt a Native Elder over the years and we would be nowhere without them.
I sing them (and VL) praises all the time!!

Pros: The ease of use with which we can set up an event and staff it easily and accurately.
When we first started using it, the software was easy to figure out and even made us think of more things we could use it for. The features are endless, and it is a GREAT value for any event.

Cons: Nothing...there is absolutely nothing wrong with this software.
IF there ever was something that I didn't understand, one call to customer support (and the support team) gave me the answer.

• Reviewed on 15/04/2019
Chantelle M.
Development & Communications Coordinator
  • Reviewed on 28/03/2013

"Wonderful people, AMAZING product!"

Comments: If you're not using VolunteerLocal, you should be! This product has been so perfect for our small nonprofit. I went from sending at least 5 emails back and forth between a potential volunteer and trying to manage a 150-column, 5-page spreadsheet (and that's on legal paper) to simply copying and pasting the link and letting volunteers do it themselves! I can easily pull weekly reports to track our recruitment progress and send emails out when needed! Couldn't ask for a better product and so proud to call them a part of our Des Moines community.

Pros: VolunteerLocal features a simple, user-friendly interface with features even in the free version that you have to pay for with every other online volunteer system (unlimited jobs, shifts, volunteers!). You can define what information about each volunteer you want to receive, set maximums for each position, and copy jobs and shifts so you don't have to recreate the wheel for similar events. Features increase with the paid versions including the ability to blast emails to volunteers, multiple users managing different jobs, and event check in. THE single most important pro is the people! The team is a group of local developers who regularly seek feedback from the community about how to improve their product, and it shows in the execution! Kaylee is SO receptive to customer needs and easy to work with and I look forward to every time we talk.

Cons: Haven't found one yet!!

• Reviewed on 28/03/2013
Laura S.
Executive Director
Events Services, 2-10 Employees

"VolunteerLocal"

Comments: Our team leaders like to see the next-day's shifts and rosters, and these were so easy to produce!

Pros: The ability to see empty shifts easily is a huge asset when you have someone on the phone who would like to volunteer, but is unsure where.
Being able to add in a job role is great as people can read over each role to decide where to volunteer.

Cons: When a volunteer asked when his or her shift was, I had a hard time finding the pathway into that information, on many occasions.

Kevin M.
Physician Practice Advisor
Religious Institutions, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 12/12/2018

"Love VolunteerLocal"

Comments: VolunteerLocal makes it easy to manage our 1,000+ volunteers working at the National Catholic Youth conference. The software is great and the support from the VolunteerLocal team is outstanding?

Pros: Ease of use, ability to build a complex volunteer team and time slot structure, and ability to communicate from the software to our volunteers.

Cons: We have had really good experiences with VolunteerLocal over the last few years. The things we don't like have always been addressed.

• Reviewed on 12/12/2018
Sally C.
Operations Director
Mental Health Care, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 18/09/2018

"Great Resource!"

Pros: Our non-profit agency only holds a couple events per year, so it's great to have a free option for volunteer management that includes reporting and the ability to customize things exactly as we need. We have been very happy with the service and ease of use. It's got everything we need!

Cons: I would like the ability to copy jobs from one event to another, but understand that's a feature available on paid plans.

• Reviewed on 18/09/2018
Cindy D.
Manager, Marathon & PB4K Relations
Nonprofit Organization Management, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 18/06/2019

"Volunteer Local"

Comments: We've used VolunteerLocal for several years as a charity for the Pittsburgh Marathon.

Pros: I can log on and easily pull reports of volunteers who have signed up. I really like how you list # of spots available and # spots filled.

Cons: I couldn't find a way to email all registered volunteers directly from the site. It took a few steps to export, copy and paste all of their email addresses into Outlook, which worked fine.

• Reviewed on 18/06/2019
Albert N.
Course Director
Events Services, Self Employed

"Robust and Easy to Use"

Comments: If I'm going to set up a large event that would involve a large event staff or volunteer corp., I wouldn't use any other platform other than VolunteerLocal. It makes the process seamless and easy to manage our Human Resources.

Pros: - Easy to set up an event and use the tool for managing our people resources.
- Robust platform that's flexible in allowing for role and schedule changes.
- Allows for customization of sign-up fields.
- Easy to copy over the event for the following year.

Cons: It took a little time to understand how to copy events over from the previous year, but the staff was quick to reply and help us out over e-mail or even on the phone from Chicago to Toronto.

Derek J.
Derek J.
Global Service Provider Business Development Manager
Computer Networking, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 29/01/2019

"Volunteer Local for Hopscotch Music Festival"

Comments: I use it every year. I like keeping volunteer info in a secure place that I can use to keep n contact throughout the year. The pricing model is great for a small festival (300 volunteers) that happens once a year. Many online tools just don't scale down to our level and VolunteerLocal delivers and includes great customer service!

Pros: I like the scale-ability for a festival our size. Once a year and simple shifts require simple solution and you deliver. The site has been very stable. I am able to organize over 300 volunteers over 3-4 days single handily.

Cons: One request would be an iOS based app for the manager, not just volunteers.

• Reviewed on 29/01/2019
Ken L.
Volunteer
  • Reviewed on 10/05/2015

"Very easy to use for volunteers - pretty good too for admin - excellent support for questions"

Comments: Have tested out Volunteer Local for our local volunteer emergency services unit. Need was to have an easy way to notify volunteers of upcoming events and to have them commit to those opportunities. Tried another service but did not work for us. Have piloted VolunteerLocal. The initial response is excellent. VERY Easy for volunteers to sign-up, with no help needed. It is also pretty good for the administrator first thing, and then easy once one gets the hang of it. The big difference in the start-up is the amazing help that is available. Other services are e-mail or chat only. VL is live phone help; it made a BIG difference. I recommend trying VL. You may find it great for your needs, like we did. Also the free and premium plans work well for non-profits.

• Reviewed on 10/05/2015
Shelby G.
Volunteer Coordinator
Hospital & Health Care, 10,000+ Employees
  • Reviewed on 06/09/2019

"Absolutely would recpmmend [email protected]"

Pros: The ease of use and customer support when I did need assistance.

Cons: Can't think of anything. If I thought the software was missing an option or tool, it was usually user error!

• Reviewed on 06/09/2019
Claire A.
Director of Membership/Volunteer Coordinator
Entertainment, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 22/03/2019

"Volunteer Local"

Comments: Customer Service is outstanding - great attention to detail and very helpful

Pros: The program is linked to Donor Perfect so information flows into it from Volunteer Local
You can schedule as many volunteers for multiple shifts as you need

Cons: I think the program could be a little simpler in terms of ways to set things up in your events, particularly as it relates to emailing volunteers from your account.
One should be able to set up an address book of volunteers and email them directly from the site.

• Reviewed on 22/03/2019
Reynaldo V.
Reynaldo V.
Product Manager
Events Services, 1,001-5,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 27/08/2018

"Easy-to-Use Tools and Great Customer Service"

Comments: VolunteerLocal is such a great company with excellent customer service that really helped me get my 100+ volunteers on track and put on a great event!

Pros: The software was very good at helping me track time without having to build timetables out by hand.

Cons: The software is really good, the only issue is I think it could catch your eye more if it had more color.

• Reviewed on 27/08/2018
Emily B.
AmeriCorps Member
  • Reviewed on 10/06/2013

"VL Review"

Comments: I am really happy we used it for a handful of our projects. There wasn't an interest by our team leaders for our repair projects unfortunately. I think many of them have their routine and thought it would be more complicated. I think as those leaders age out and younger leaders come into the picture this will just be the way people do things. I recommend this site to every volunteer group I'm engaged in!

Pros: Easy to pull reports.
Simple.
Extremely user friendly.

Cons: Changing dates of event, you have to go into every shift to change the date.
Having somewhat of a "guide" for users to use on their project would be really helpful!

• Reviewed on 10/06/2013
Derek L.
Executive Director
  • Reviewed on 14/11/2012

"Great volunteer tracker"

Comments: Great FREE resource. Very easy to set up and to use. Volunteers loved it. Was easy to share online links with potential volunteers.

Pros: This system was a little cumbersome to set up (a lot of clicks and double clicks). BUT, it was FREE and VERY EASY to use. Once we got it up and running, it worked like a charm, and our volunteers all commented on how easy it was to use.

Cons: Somewhat slow getting started. A lot of clicks and double clicks that made set up slow. But once it was live, the volunteers LOVED it! Would recomend to anyone

• Reviewed on 14/11/2012
Johanna D.
Volunteer Coordinator, Drake Relays
  • Reviewed on 02/05/2014

"Lifesaver!"

Comments: VolunteerLocal saved me a lot of time and stress while coordinating volunteers for the 105th Drake Relays. In the past we had been relying on emails, phone calls, and random post-it notes to fill positions but streamlining everything through one website was a lifesaver! The most time consuming aspect of using this tool was the initial process of getting everything in the system but because you can archive events, next year will be a breeze! I recommend VolunteerLocal if you are looking to reduce stress and improve the sign-up experience of both the volunteer coordinator and the volunteers.

• Reviewed on 02/05/2014
Johnny B.
Nonprofit Organization Management, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 29/07/2019

"Getting Organized"

Pros: What I like about this software is to be able to create a volunteer schedule for our events.

Cons: What I like least about this software is the price that comes with it.

• Reviewed on 29/07/2019
Katie M.
Katie M.
Director of Membership Services
  • Reviewed on 15/11/2012

"So easy to use!"

Comments: I wholeheartedly recommend Volunteer Local to anyone looking for an easy way to recruit and communicate with volunteers.

Pros: Volunteer Local was easy to use both from my end and for our volunteers. I love the way it can be customized to suit our events, and the simplicity of being able to email all volunteers for a specific shift with just a mouse click. Our volunteers loved it too, very intuitive!

Cons: I can't think of any.

• Reviewed on 15/11/2012
Development Director
Nonprofit Organization Management, 1,001-5,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 09/10/2018

"Volunteer Local"

Comments: Overall very positive. We had some issues when we launched initially but our rep helped us immediately and fixed the problem within five minutes. Very kind and helpful.

Pros: On the administrator end it is very easy to use and quick to navigate

Cons: On the volunteer/user end it can be a little unclear on how to use.

• Reviewed on 09/10/2018
Lena B.
Development Manager
Fund-Raising, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 17/04/2019

"VolunteerLocal Is Superb!!!"

Comments: The reps provided 5-star customer service!

Pros: I'm a new user of Volunteer Local and would like to recognize my reps for all of her help during the on boarding process. She was so professional and graceful, and overall I had an excellent experience while working with her.

Cons: The software is easier to navigate once you get a grasp of the functions.

• Reviewed on 17/04/2019
Samantha S.
Volunteer Coordinator
  • Reviewed on 08/06/2016

"Very user friendly"

Comments: Our company just switched over to Volunteer Local and it was so easy to input our data and schedule shifts for the volunteers we needed! I haven't heard a single complaint or had any questions from volunteers who are registering for the Uptown Art Fair!

• Reviewed on 08/06/2016
Gregg G.
Project Lead
  • Reviewed on 22/07/2014

"A great resource, a one-stop shop really, for organizing any volunteer event"

Comments: Straight forward, simple to use and yet a really powerful resource. Customer service, well, Kaylee, was fantastic. Between the intuitive set up and quick response of CS, we were up an running in just a few hours.

• Reviewed on 22/07/2014