15 years helping Australian businesses

About Kickserv

Simplify your service business. Complete scheduling & job management. Manage leads, estimates, jobs, invoices, payments from anywhere!

Learn more about Kickserv

Pros:

I like how easy is to use, the dashboard is very intuitive.

Cons:

Does not work correctly most of the time, confusing to use with too many steps to set up service calls.

Kickserv ratings

4.2

8.2/10

Kickserv has an overall rating of 4.4 out 5 stars based on 374 user reviews on Capterra.

Have you used Kickserv before?

Samuel S
Samuel S

Kickserv has transformra

Comments: Awesome

Pros:

This product was very Convenient...thank you [SENSITIVE CONTENT]

Cons:

Stipe fee are too much ....other than the I love it

2 years ago

Thank you for the feedback and continued support, Samuel. 5 stars is what we strive for. Thank you again.

Doug
General Manager in US
Music, 11–50 Employees

Servicing Company - Long-time User

Comments: Generally very good.

Pros:

- As a CRM software, we are able to manage all of our customers, scheduling, invoicing and reporting (not as bookkeeping or Financial Statements) in a generally good way. - The inter-connectionedness of the various parts of the software makes it easy to navigate from one function to another. - Although there has been some down time (which can be very difficult because we cannot function), but over the long-term it has not be crucial. Being an online CRM allows me to use any device. - We are able to save virtually anything (pics, docs, etc.) for future use, which has been crucially important to us. - The integration with Stripe for payment from our customers is now essential to our processes. It has worked flawlessly, easy to use, and easy to deal with Stripe for various things we need to do, including refunds. - It works well for both our field service and in-shop jobs. This is crucial because using two systems would be very difficult. -We are easily able to tailor the Products/Services, pricing, descriptions, to our specific needs - not being locked into some format that we don't like.

Cons:

- Support is sometimes tedious. - New features added (if we find out about them at all) can be very disruptive to our processes, and confusing. While some of them make sense in a wider world, they sometimes are baffling and frustrating in our business. - We have 2 locations (and hope to have many more) and need to have separate systems. Kickserv requires us to use separate browsers for each. How are we going to be able to do that with 5 or 10 locations? And we're finding that some functions (e.g. access to support!) are no longer working on Firefox, one of the best and most popular browsers available. This is a serious problem for us. - Although a great deal of our business is field work, we do not/cannot use the mobile app with our techs because it is far too limiting. They need to be able to access much more information than what is available to them, and so we have them login through a browser on their phones. - There are essential functions that we have to do in business that Kickserv has not been able to program into the system (even when we offered to pay big $ to get them). E.g. There are several email templates, and auto sending emails: We need one to be sent as a follow up to Jobs, and another (sent out 6 or 12 months later) to remind people to schedule services . We have to do all of this manually, and would love to find a way to get it done automatically. Summary: Some things are hard to get into the software that other companies would also make good use of.

2 years ago

Thank you Doug for your continued support and taking the time to leave us some feedback. We greatly appreciate it. Know that your feedback does not fall on deaf ears and we are always working on ways to improve Kickserv.

Scott
Owner in US

Kickserv is a great app that I have used for my Piano Service Company.

Pros:

All inclusive connectivity of all the data needed to run my (Piano Service) business. I consider myself a fairly expert user of kickserv, using it from its early inception, then called ' Service Sidekick'. I am totally on board to help bring it to its fullest potential, so dont take the cons section too hard...I use the system every day, all through the day, and my entire operation depends on this most awesome application.

Cons:

Software is gradually degrading. Latest update published makes KS sluggish, screen freezes constantly during scrolling. Reports have been altered to the point of useless. Quadruple redundant data entry, creating and closing an event, then a job. No auto fill on repeated fields. Phone numbers require dashes be entered. Format the field for straight 10 digit entry. Area code, city, and state are almost always the same in my service area. Why dont these fields hold and auto fill the last data entered? Internet standard these days is that the state is a 'state' field, only accepting 2 CAP characters in verified state identifiers. No notification if email is successful, and no notice when messages fail. This has caught me with my pants down with customers...( yes customers, not contacts) emailing time sensitive invoices and opportunitys.... guys, they are ESTIMATES, Not opportunitys!! Stripe send a payment received email notification...Awesome. The text is the problem. First words of auto generated notification says Congratulations!. Congratulations? We are small businesses....we take money, every day, all day. It is inapropriate, and smacks of a Condesending viewpoint. Miss labled fields: My customers are my 'customers' , not my 'contacts'. New address verify is great on service address, Why does it not verify billing address? Getting paid is a very important aspect of small business. Makes no sense.

7 years ago

Hello Scott, We agree that April and May were not good months for Kickserv. We are so very sorry. We did correct the couple of issues that were inherited from the massive migration of hundreds of original customers from our legacy platform. We regret not anticipating those issues prior. I would like to clarify some points you made: 1. We do not require dashes in phone numbers fields. 2. We do indicate if an email has failed in your Dashboard > email activity page. 3. Opportunities is a way to make our program more applicable to more people. When you do send out the template it does say estimate. We can help you with how it looks if you need something custom. Let me know. 4. Regarding your comment about the billing address, typically we are not verifying the address so much as we are just indicating on the map where that service address located for routing purposes and driving instructions.

Katielynn
Operations Manager in US

Best Value for Scheduling/invoicing software

Comments: Overall, I have been more than satisfied with Kickserv. I initially navigated the platform pretty easily, along with ample help from the support team. Whenever I experience a problem, I receive help via the chat function from the same customer support members who are quick to provide solutions.

Pros:

This product makes it easy to store a lot of data for our business including customers, project history, photos of job sites, notes for customers, dispatching crews to jobs, invoicing customers.

Cons:

We experience some software bugs throughout use, which are often resolved with time. If I delete something on accident, there is not an undo button. If we change an estimate for a customer, there is no easy access to old records of past versions of the estimate unless we duplicate them every time we make a change. This can put us in a situation sometimes we are trying to substantiate claims to contractors about original estimates and the changes we made. Sometimes Kickserv will not work at all for a short period of time while our crews are on jobsites trying to upload photos/information or find their next jobsite, though this fairly rare. I wish there was an option to not allow credit card payments for certain invoices such as our contractors who are much larger jobs. Though, we have worked around this with different options such as sending a PDF instead.

Alternatives Considered: ServiceTitan

Reasons for Switching to Kickserv: I did a one hour conference call with the ServiceTitan team and the platform seemed like it would be difficult to learn and was extremely expensive. They promised we would save money with the efficiencies the program would provide, but I just did not see it. Many of the functions they provided were completely unnecessary for our business when considering the cost of their service.

2 years ago

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review, as well as continuing to support us, Katielynn. If you encounter anymore issues, please don't hesitate to reach out. We will be happy to assist you with resolving any issues.

Richard
Owner/President in US
Environmental Services, 2–10 Employees

#1 in Customer Relationship Management & Dispatching software

Comments: Kickserv has streamlined my service-based business. It's easy to use for dispatching and task reminders. It also syncs with my bookkeeping software, google calendar, reputation management software and Stripe.

Pros:

It is easy to start using the kickserv system, especially since they have such a phenomenal support staff

Cons:

I have used this software for over 8 years and the ONLY thing I still would like to see is a more robust search ability. For example, if I were to look for every job that I did "carpet cleaning," I would get a list (instead of having to pull a report).

Alternatives Considered: Salesforce Field Service, Outlook4Gmail and Highrise

Reasons for Switching to Kickserv: Easy of use with all of the integrations I need to grow my business.

3 years ago

Hello Richard - You have been a fabulous advocate of Kickserv over the years. I'm glade we are helping your business.

Amir
Director of Sales and Marketing in Canada
Consumer Services, 2–10 Employees

Best CRM Platform!!

Comments: -Easy way to download and calculate jobs for accounting.
-Great way to have clear access for everyone in the company to the CRM via the app. The detailed and yet simple organizational process with Kickserv has added tremendous value to us.

Pros:

-Organization of data and customer list -Convenient way to calculate weekly, monthly jobs sold. -

Cons:

-Sometimes it does not load properly -Would be great what time notes are added to NOTES section for each tab

5 years ago

Hello Amir, Thank you for your feedback and EXCELLENT scoring. We have been doing field service work for well over 30 years now. Plus, thank you for your feature request since I was able to submit it within our Product Board.

Paul
Owner in Canada
Construction, 2–10 Employees

Entry level service management software that works well.

Comments: It is a solid choice for the price. It makes keeping track of all our jobs possible and is a great step up from paper or spreadsheets. I feel it is priced fairly.

Pros:

Capturing all the jobs we have on the go, being able to catergorize them by type, and by status (unscheduled, scheduled, in progress, on hold, completed) really helps on the backend to keep invoices moving out.

Cons:

Individual asset/equipment history would definitely be useful.

Alternatives Considered: Housecall Pro, QuickBooks Time and Jobber

Reasons for Switching to Kickserv: Simplicity of use, feature-rich, reasonably priced.

2 years ago

Thank you Paul for taking time out of your busy day to leave the positive review. While we do not have inventory management yet, perhaps it's something we will consider In the future. Thank you for your continued support.

James
General Manager in Canada
Facilities Services, 11–50 Employees

Very easy to use and many functions

Pros:

The ease of use to quote, schedule, close and invoice jobs is seamless and very easy to learn and teach to our 17 field techs.

Cons:

We are getting into 200 - 2MM size construction jobs and we find the progress billing feature is not yet available

Christy
Christy
Office Manager in US
Transportation/Trucking/Railroad, 2–10 Employees

Quick to learn, Easy to use, Adapt to your needs

Comments: We are able to create estimates and work through an ongoing job without it effecting our bookkeeping within Quickbooks Online. Kickserv has allowed us to track our time records in records within the job record, but then only enter one final labor charge within the invoice itself. We are able to keep greater detailed notes about the piece of equipment without them being accessible to the customer.

Pros:

Synchronization with Quickbooks Online. Basic functions are easy to use. Adaptable to your companies needs with custom fields and reports. Directions/maps are integrated into each customer location for quickly planning your days journey.

Cons:

You are unable to print report/search results from Kickserv, you are required to export to CSV format. It does not contain an inventory feature within the software.

6 years ago

Christy, Thank you for your time. We very much appreciate the review. Beutel and Kickserv have been working with each other over 9 years now. I can work with you to see if we can come up with a solution for the printing situation. We now have two fabulous features that you may want to check out - Edge and Listings. They are certain to help your company grown

Matt
Business owner in US
Arts & Crafts, 11–50 Employees

More contacts, more management!

5.0 2 months ago New

Pros:

Efficient with contact info and large database.

Cons:

A lot to figure out, with so many tools really got lost in the software.

Randall
Environmental Services, 2–10 Employees

Overall, I like Kickserv. I rely on it for my business, and the product continues to improve.

Comments: It helps me manage four irrigation service technicians and keep them going where they need to go.

Pros:

Their web site when used on a desktop computer is great for scheduling and dispatching. We use it throughout the day to line up jobs for our technicians. Previously existing customers are easy to find using their search feature. I can add a new job, and then click a button and it sends the technician a text message with the job description and address. The technician can click on the address link and get the GPS coordinates on their smart phone. The workflow is logical and consistent. When things go wrong, they are good about communicating what is happening.

Cons:

We are really only able to use part of the service. While it is excellent for scheduling, it is not useful for invoicing unless your invoicing needs are very basic. The product is not compatible with Quick Books groups. I don't use their mobile app. I prefer their mobile web site, but recent changes have made their mobile site less useful. Their server sometimes gets overloaded and the software becomes unresponsive. Tech support is inconsistent. Sometimes very helpful. Sometimes condescending. If a customer has an email address, it will automatically send this customer a reminder notice. There is no way to turn this feature on or off. For recurring jobs where we go back to the customer again and again, this is a problem because we don't always schedule the customer on the same day every month. It also gives the customer a link to the customer account center, which we also do not use, since we are unable to use Kickserv's invoicing feature. While Kickserv continues to make improvements to the service, I frequently find myself frustrated because improvements are often not fully tested, resulting in unpleasant side effects. Example - recent formatting changes have made the scrollable area of their mobile web site very small and difficult to work with. Another change awhile back formatted all of my old customer data in such a way that their addresses would fail to appear in the text messages sent to my technicians. I am having to manually change all of these.

Kiran

Regret Paying for the Full Year

Comments: We hoped this software would be relieve the stress of scheduling for our business. However, it has been the exact opposite. Initially when trying to sell us the product, we were told the features that we needed were already functioning or in the pipeline. We were told that there would be a follow up with that timeline. After I PAID $1,*** , that never happened. In fact, I was later told that a timeline was hard to provide as software development of certain things take time beacause of bugs. Which makes sense, however why not be HONEST when you were selling me on the program? Secondly, support sucks. We have tried to talk to someone. None of the people we have talked to seem happy to help and act as if we are burdening them. In the last two days, we have left two messages and have not received a call back. When I messaged Josh Anderson asking him when we should expect a call. His reply was: "I am sorry, I don't see a voicemail or message in the queue.
Did you log in to Kickserv and click the bottom right icon and send support a chat?"
If I wanted to chat, I already would have. Some other cons: Even in expanded view, when you click on an event on the calendar, it sometimes will move your appointment time for no reason. The calendars don't line up (e.g. if you have given one tech 3 jobs), you have to search through the calendar to find out whos assigned to what. When you click on a job to start time or stop time, it doesnt show the "PLAY" or "JOB COMPLETE" sign until like 15 mins later. Totally throws us off as we have to call clients to let them know team is on the way. This is unacceptable. Biggest regret is paying for the whole year. Now I am stuck with a program that half works and have to deal with people that dont really seem to enjoy their job. BUMMER, however lesson learned. I would highly recommend trying this program first when before committing to any period of time longer than a month.

8 years ago

Kiran, we appreciate your feedback and regret the mix-up in communication. We take pride in putting our customers first, and are constantly working on ways to improve our customer experience. As you know by now, we responded to Brittany's call for support within 4 hours (after business hours on Thursday). Unfortunately, it seems you were not made aware of that response until late Friday. We welcome phone conversations, but we highly encourage using our in-app help system to submit support questions/tickets, as it is generally quicker and easier to track. Once we were able to talk over the phone that Saturday, I hope we were able to resolve all of your questions and concerns. Thank you for your continued business! Also, for anyone concerned about paying for a year of service up front, we do offer a monthly subscription. All our plans come with a free 14-day trial, complete with video tutorials. We even offer a 2-hour New User Boot-Camp with one-on-one instruction.

Kelly
Hospitality, 2–10 Employees

Plagued with technical issues

Comments: I've been using Kickserv for my business for the last month and a half and it has been a nightmare. I was told directly by one of the founders that the programming is old. The customer service is AWFUL. It takes days to get answers back from support. The time on our jobs keeps changing depending on what brower we are using. Information doesn't save when you update. The way that information and control panels are set up are very confusing and obviously outdated. When two days worth of jobs come through to my employees by email, the date is SO TINY compared to the job title that you can barely tell that it's two different days of scheduling AND the times are moved around back or forward by 3 hours!! It took fumbling around with several settings before I could hide pricing from my employees after I had clearly turned off pricing for each employee. That took several days to get a solution from customer support. Now, I'm trying to fix an issue with my quickbooks and sync the old invoices with a new quickbooks account and OMG we can't do that and we have to hand recreate EVERYTHING. What a waste of time and money.

Pros:

I like that on the app you can see the entire schedule easily as an administrator

Cons:

All the technical issues and awful customer support who not only take 2-4 days to get back to you but provide not helpful responses and then wait two more days to respond back to you.

7 years ago

The customer is correct. Her timing could not have been worse. It is very regrettable that this happened. We are very sorry for the frustrations and downtime. We were just completing our migration of hundreds of our long time and many original customers from our legacy system to our new platform and with it brought unforeseen issues. We have since corrected all those inherited problems. We have quadrupled our memory. Reconfigured the search feature, gave custom reports a boost in processing power, and last but not least gave our Quickbooks sync its own set of processors too. All this enhanced our computing resources and brought us back to delivering 99.99% uptime and very good refresh speeds. We take our customers' data and our performance very seriously and will continue to look for ways to stay ahead.

Ambyr
Internal Operations Coordinator in US

Asked for help, via the chat bubble, tech Tina responded within a few hours!

Pros:

The software is very organized, easy to navigate through, I like that there's more than one way to search for something. I think the Dispatch View is an amazing concept! I am in the service industry and have technicians that I send all over S. OC, having a map right there and not having to switch back and forth with google maps would be wonderful! I really hope they will be able to fully incorporate it into the software. The texting concept is another wonderful idea I recently saw added. A lot of my customers ask for texts because their at work and in meetings etc, so to have this feature fully functional would be another efficient bonus!

Cons:

There really isn't anything I dislike about this software. Recently, the Kickserv Team had to do a massive switch over, customers from their old software switched over to the new one and it caused problems across the board. However, our business didn't suffer too much and Kickserv's tech team was on a solution right away! I also really appreciated their update blog while they were fixing everything. We also had a problem with syncing to Quickbooks and Quickbooks locking our ability to change contact info from Kickserv. But that's been fixed as well!

Jodi
Office Manager in US

Kickserv is a still

Pros:

The product is simple to use and meets my customer service and scheduling needs for the price of the cloud software but also allows me to customize things without major programming or fees to get somebody else to do it. I paid for the Boot Camp training and was very worth it just to get things setup and understand the software. It sync's reliably with QuickBooks which has been a problem in the past for our company with other cloud based Customer Service Programs. The vendor has been GREAT! They feel like my team as they always respond within minutes to hours of my questions or problems I do run in to. I just send them a quick email and they help. Also they are always interested in my recommendations and are also getting feed back frequently from me and making improvements to the software. One thing that is great is that they provide a portal to the customer so any changes I make to an estimate or schedule or notes can be seen by the customer (they only see notes you want them to see). They can be abreast with what is going on with their work order. They also can pay for their invoice right online as well which I love so my customers have more control over their payment needs. Also our Kickserv is linked to our website so anytime a customer wants to contact us it creates an OPPORTUNITY in Kickserv for us to follow up on and notifies us via email that we have an interest. I would and have recommended Kickserv to other businesses.

Cons:

This product does not handle the purchasing side of things which I would love to see. It sounds like they are looking into expanding this software to handle tracking purchases. Right now I just use QuickBooks for this. I also don't like the HTML language which is required for the setup of the invoice, estimates and work orders templates. It is hard to work with being I am not a programmer. I have managed to figure things out on my own with their help site and calling them. Its not a major issue but something I think they can improve on more. Again the Kickserv Team has been very helpful in anything I try to do or questions I have.

Jessica
Operations in US
Construction, 11–50 Employees

Small company that rapidly grew!

Pros:

We love the simplicity of it, the work flow is really easy with the unschedule, scheduled, in progress, etc tabs. It keeps the jobs organized. We love that it is capable with our QuickBooks keeping our books stright is very important to us.

Cons:

The mobile app has had a number of bugs and issues. But we contact customer service and it seems to fix. However we still run into minor issues here and there.

5 years ago

Hi Jessica, Your company has been a very loyal customer for 4 years now! Thank you. Plus, it's great to hear how much you like our Support team. Keep connecting with us with our in-app chat support because we are here to help.

Nick
Division Manager

Satisfied Customer

Comments: I have already shared my positive feeling regarding Service Sidekick with several fellow electricians. All of us have the common need to be able to access our schedule while out working or estimating projects. I feel like i have a much better grasp on my schedule than ever before. I can access the calender in the morning at my desk. Then on my Android or ipad while I'm in my truck or elsewhere.

Pros:

The ability to view my schedule on my Android phone was the primary reason that I chose Service Sidekick almost two years ago. I'm so glad that I did! Our previous scheduling information could only be accessed while out in the field if the secretary was still at the office or by remote log-in once I got to a computer. With Service Sidekick I am able to pull up my schedule while eating lunch, enter a new job that might have just been called in, then hit the notify tech option. This will send either an email or text to my electrician who can then punch it into his GPS and head that way with a descriptive read out of what he has been tasked to do and all of the customer's pertinent information. The integration with Quickbooks Online works quite well with transferring customer info through a simple sync button. This saves a ton of time when entering a service call.

Cons:

The only real negative that i have to offer is that when scheduling work for a contractor that will be at an address that is not their home office. Their office address always appears on the printed work order and it can and has caused confusion. Meaning that my guys have shown up at the contractors personal home, embarrassing. There might be a way to simplify it for recurring business partners that work in other places like a remodeling General contractor. Also, with so many features, i feel like i am only skimming the surface of what Service Sidekick is capable of. My New Years resolution is to learn to use it even more effectively.

12 years ago

We do have a new template for work locations and this user was given that new template so you can display the parent and child location.

Andrew
COO in US

Fantastic field management software

Comments: My construction company uses kickserv to input customers, send estimates, sign contracts, schedule work, invoice and run several useful reports.

Pros:

Report running features of open estimates and completed jobs. Customer database is great. Recently docusign upped their pricing and we switched to kickserv e-signatures, we expected our homeowners to question the legitimacy but no one has and we have had 0% increase in cancellations since making the switch to the kickserv electronic signatures.

Cons:

Kickserv uses apple maps on mobile which can cause navigation problems at times. You have to make sure your calendar settings are for the full day, not just business hours or you can miss some jobs when moving them on the calendar if you are not careful with the times.

last year

Howdy Andrew. Thank you for taking the time to leave a 5-star review and provide us with some feedback. We are also glad to hear that our e-signature feature is working in place of Docusign.

Construction, 2–10 Employees

Great but still a few glitches

Comments: We have been using the program for about a year, and it is for sure better than other programs that we have used in the past. ANd the ease of talking to a real person in tech support is WONDERFUL!
But there are still a few issues we have come across. One is that it only works properly on FireFox, and is the only program I use that actually works on that browser, so I have to have that on all the time just for Kickserv.
Next is that when there is an error, there is no clear explanation as to what the error is. The program seems to tell me that there is an error, but that's it. I literally worked for about a month with tech support because I could not sync any new customers between Kickserv and Quick Books. This made end of the year very frustrating. When it finally started working, I still don't know what was actually the problem.
The last issue I have, is that I can't make the phone/tablet app user friendly for my techs in the field. I need them to be able to adjust more things, change times, add/reschedule jobs etc, and they can't do it. I was hoping this would help so they didn't forget to tell me what needed to be done, but they can't do it from their tablet.

Pros:

Able to change as needed, and easy to integrate with Quick Books. Easy to contact a real person in tech support.

Cons:

Don't feel that the phone/tablet app is user friendly

Kris

Sidekick Rocks

Comments: I probably recommend Sidekick to someone once a week. I've shopped and used other solutions and Sidekick blows them away in performance, features, price, support - across the board. I even recommend it to people who don't need to track resources because it's so flexible, you can use it as a CRM. Overall, 5 out of 5 stars.

Pros:

Super easy to understand and get set up. We were up and running in only 1 day. There's very little training that new users need to use SK. Extremely flexible - I've been able to easily customize the product to show the things we like to see and to run the way we want it. Reports - the capabilities of the reports are amazing. You can build just about any report you can imagine. Price - I get excellent value for the price I pay. Other solutions are thousands and thousands of dollars with little to no support. But SK has flexible pricing so you pay for who you're scheduling. Support - the support is terrific. You almost always get a live person if you have to call. The help database is a good place to look before calling. Suggestions - Sidekick is way ahead of the curve when it comes to allowing, considering and implementing customer feedback. I've been very impressed with the ability to provide a suggestion and that I've seen many implemented.

Cons:

Old data - can be hard to get rid of. I'd like to see a feature where if a user inactivates a custom field, all data in that field on job and customer records can be erased. Text fields - have a limited number of characters so your jobs and client info have to be concise. You can't write a book for a job order. Some features don't quite work the way you would expect (timecards) - they don't actually integrate to QB, so it's kind of a teaser and we spent a fair amount of time trying to use the time tracker only to have to go to another solution.

Linda
VIRTUAL ADMIN in US
Consumer Services, 2–10 Employees

Great Software

Comments: Just having everything in one place is great! My boss has more experience with account management software and he really likes this one. He likes they are updating their software frequently and adding new features that help us, like the dispatch and map feature.Early on, I talked/chatted with your customer service reps and asked a million questions. They were great and were very patient with me. I haven't had to bother them as much lately, but they are always accessible and helpful.

Pros:

Easy to use.Easy to change products and prices.Love the reminders option and scheduling option.Love the response time and advice from the team when I ask crazy questions!

Cons:

The mobile part of the software could use some help, from our perspective. We have issues with attachments and being able to view them in the field. We realize that some of our issues could be user error.

KAYLEY
CUSTOMER SERVICE in US

KICKSERV IS GREAT

Comments: Easy to use, easy to learn, simple, intuitive (for me).

Pros:

I miss using Kickserv for all of our companies. We switched to another customer service software, but we still have Kickserv for one of the companies. For what I do, their customer notifications and ease of use are great. From a financial standpoint, the owner of this company didn't find it robust enough. However, our new software was a NIGHTMARE when it came to tax codes, because in Washington state, each city has a different tax code, rather than one state tax code. More than a year later, our new system is still horrible for integrating taxes. Kickserv has it down to a science.

Cons:

I don't have any complaints. For what I do, it was perfect.

5 years ago

Thank you so much for your kind words, Kayley. We really appreciate you taking the time out to share your experience with us.

Syd
Handyman in Canada
Translation & Localization, Self Employed

Incredible tool for most tradespeople

Comments: Overall it is a fantastic product, with an even better customer service team. Again, it was painful to use at first, but now that I’ve got the hang of it (and hundreds of projects under my belt) I can’t recommend it enough. It is the perfect solution for my business.

Pros:

Access to all of my clients and their project status from anywhere. Project scheduling, invoicing, even shopping lists available to me. Fits all of my client types, from homeowners to property management, and flexible for all of the various project types. Kikserv’s customer service team is incredible.

Cons:

Fairy steep learning curve… I’m still discovering new features, and shortcuts. A little ‘clunky’ at times

JESSICA
receptionist in US

Our experience with the software is good overall.

Comments: We can keep track of all the customers/estimates/invoices.

Pros:

The software is easy to use. It tells you whether a customer saw or not the invoice/estimate. It allows you to see unpaid invoices.

Cons:

-quick book sync doesn't work right, it makes duplicates of all the customers. -you can not enter different job locations for the same customer, a new customer needs to be created every time there is a new job location

6 years ago

Hello Jessica, Thank you for all the stars and confidence you put into using Kickserv for your business. Creating a new service location for a property manager should be easy. Once you have the main property company in your database, it will just a matter of pressing the "new contact" button, filling in the new service address, and checking the box to associate it with the parent company. I'll reach out to you via our in-app chat to assist you with this feature and help with the customer-flow-line.

Daniel
President in US

HVAC Company

Comments: Great would not trade

Pros:

Taking payments and history and tech support

Cons:

Nothing I can think of just highly recommend

Alternatives Considered: BusyPaws

Reasons for Switching to Kickserv: Yes absolute

2 years ago

Daniel - thank you for the great feedback. 10 out of 10 is certainly what we are working so hard to achieve for every customer. Email us and we discuss further.