15 years helping Australian businesses

About Hootsuite

Hootsuite helps you build your brand, strengthen connections with customers, and drive real business results with social media.

Learn more about Hootsuite

Pros:

The analytics side of Hootsuite is one of its greatest strengths. The support team respond quickly.

Cons:

Additionally at least once or twice the scheduled content has failed to post, and it is difficult to track these.

Hootsuite ratings

4.3
4.2
4.3
4.2

8.0/10

Hootsuite has an overall rating of 4.4 out 5 stars based on 3,691 user reviews on Capterra.

Have you used Hootsuite before?

Filter reviews (3,691)

Brock
Brock
Vice President of Marketing in US
Retail, 51–200 Employees

Great for businesses and distributed teams

Comments: This is a great tool that has enormously helped our content team stay organized and post on a regular consistent basis.

Pros:

Hootsuite makes it easy for our distributed team of content contributors to submit content, and our internal team can then create a posting calendar and use automated posting to make the management of all of our social platforms fast and simple.

Cons:

We really like hootsuite, but it would be nice if more platforms and types of posts could be made.

Adam
Graphic Web Designer in UK
Marketing & Advertising, 2–10 Employees

social scheduling

5.0 2 months ago New

Comments: generally platform for a small number of clients or a single client with multiple channels where you can schedule from and see everything in one place

Pros:

easy to add channels and clients to manage all in the same place

Cons:

scheduling things failed and accounts get disconnected for no seen reason

Retail, 1,001–5,000 Employees

We switched away from Hootsuite!

3.0 last month New

Pros:

We used to like Hootsuite, it has a nice UI and UX but simply lacks features that we need to maintain our social media presence.

Cons:

The cost of the software. So much software out there offers the same platform with more features for less.

Ana
Lawyer in Philippines
Legal Services, 2–10 Employees

My Hootsuite Review

Pros:

It's easy to use and I can connect it to multiple accounts

Cons:

I often get errors where the posts won't go through. There are also some instances where the thumbnail I chose for the post doesn't become the thumbnail once it gets posted.

Claudio
Digital Marketer in US
Telecommunications, 11–50 Employees

The Tool Is Highly Effective As a Marketing

5.0 2 months ago New

Pros:

When it comes to social media marketing and brand management, Hootsuite is the best and has been amazing.

Cons:

Hootsuite is very effective no bad experiences.

Adam
Pharmacist in Australia
Pharmaceuticals, 11–50 Employees

Hootsuite Behind in the changes

3.0 last month New

Comments: Initially it was great but over time it became less needed

Pros:

At first very easy to use and integrate among all social media platforms. Can help you keep up with timetables and publishing.

Cons:

It started getting quite aged and dated for what it is. Things like Canva I find much better.

Risorse
Sales Manager in US
Real Estate, 11–50 Employees

Smooth Content Management

Pros:

It offers great content management features and is very helpful It is secure and cost effective

Cons:

No major concerns and Hootsuite meets needs

Simon
Manager in UK
Computer Hardware, 2–10 Employees

Great Automated Software

5.0 last month New

Comments: great software, lots of functions not being used yet but the staff who dont use nothing but the insta app now love hootsuite

Pros:

Give the team more time to plan for future marketing, having it all on a calender ready to post is so much more organised. Feedback data from campaigns is amazing and shows us exactly how successful certain posts were

Cons:

Costings I think are a bit high however the time it is saving could prob justify this

Construction, 2–10 Employees

Great tool for media

5.0 4 weeks ago New

Comments: Worth the money overall. Easy to use, saved me a lot of time and the data recieved is great

Pros:

Gow easy it is to use, to control what i send out, when and where. Timings key.

Cons:

The price wasnt my favorite but overall it is worth the price. I wish these products were a little more affordable. Im a small business.

ali
ali
content creator in US
Internet, 51–200 Employees

I suggest it to you

4.0 2 months ago New

Pros:

I like its post managements and content managements and it helps content marketing

Cons:

I think it would be better if multi account management will be better and its ease of use of course is not so good

Randi
Marketing Director in US
Internet, 2–10 Employees

One of the Original Content Schedulers and Management Systems!!!

Comments: Hootsuite is a great tool. I find it useful in scheduling large batches of content. For example, for a few clients I can plan out and schedule my entire 3 months worth of content. It's a great tool for an agency who may focus on one type of client, be able to "recycle" and reword similar posts and upload the content across multiple clients simultaneously through an excel upload! I personally like to use Hootsuite as my blueprint. I know I will get my content posts uploaded and out there. I still like to log onto individual social networks and post on there in real time . I like Hootsuite for managing and responding to comments and DMs as I prefer using a computer and typing and checking spelling. Don't use Hootsuite as your only tool. You really need to go into networks and manually update them as well. Hootsuite hasn't cracked down on LIVE yet either and live video is a great tool!

Pros:

I was one of the early adapters using Hootsuite. Originally all the options blew me away! Awesome to have on one dashboard all my social networks with multiple tabs in front of me. I also love that I could schedule the same posts and click off on multiple social networks. It's really good for marketers who can re-use content across multiple clients accounts, for example if I run a social media marketing agency and can use similar food content across all the food social media accounts that I follow. I also had liked I could build the posts in an excel and import it. I like your "university" and offering classes!!! I like your reports.

Cons:

Overtime as social media space evolved there were functions I wished you had sooner. Instagram posting and scheduling was very clunky when it first came out that it had to notify my clients to push through the Instagram post that I had done. It took you a while to integrate Pinterest. I'm not sure if you're able to let me schedule on someone's personal Facebook account (I know this was on Facebook but I wish this was easier to do!) . Hootsuite mobile-I personally don't use your mobile. I only use Hootsuite on desktop because of the breadth of multiple social networks and tabs.

Joanmarie
Executive & Communications Assistant in US
Primary/Secondary Education, 501–1,000 Employees

Almost Perfect!

Comments: Hootsuite has always been my goto for businesses getting off the ground or those that are on a low budget. They offer such great and essential features in an easy-to-use platform. As a school district, we have an overwhelming amount of content that needs to go out and MUST be present on any and all social platforms. When I realized we could not hit all of the platforms we needed, and that we were limited to the number of posts, we were forced to make a shift to another platform. Hootsuite dashbord is awesome with the features it provides, but to a multitasking pro the dashboard was a bit intimidating - felt it could have been organized and simplified (not all features needed to have a button on the dashboard... categorize!)

Pros:

I love Hootsuite for it's creativity, content management features, scheduling, drafting, duplicating, and monitoring of content performance. In my mind they are a top competitor!

Cons:

There are a few small challenges that left me scratching my head. I did not like that I was so limited (even after purchasing the basic) on the platforms that I could post to - they are so close to perfection! Everyone should be free to post to every platform they need to... maybe limit the posts, monitoring, and reporting... but NOT the platforms!

Maya
Maya
Sales and Marketing Specialist in Egypt
Marketing & Advertising, 11–50 Employees

Essential Social Media Management Platform

Comments: I work for a digital marketing agency who manages the social media pages for over 40+ businesses in Egypt and the Middle East, We run an incredible amount of pages on different social networks because they are too many nowadays, Almost 6/7 Pages/Profiles for each account and this is the hardest part to keep everything under control and collaboration with the right monitoring tools and to have a seamless post schedule for the whole month without a single fail, I like the fact that through all the years Hootsuite never pushed anyone to subscribe or pay for a personal use through limiting the capabilities and this makes us, We pay because we're an agency handling many accounts but for others they don't have to.

Pros:

I like their easy-to-use interface with the user-friendly publishing tools to create and schedule posts to multiple social networks with the ability to collaborate in real-time with your team members and being able to assign permissions with my organization and with/for clients for a seamless access and maximum monitoring, I also like the deep insights we're able to gain through their in-depth analysis, It enables us to measure our performance across different channels to stay on top of trends and to drive the highest value of our organic/paid reach.

Cons:

We needed a functional mobile application because it's 2022, And the reporting capabilities still not smart or bringing any difference between it and the social networks built-in reporting tools, Also adding some algorithms and AI/ML for the whole platform would be good specially for the content recommendation part.

Erin
Marketing Consultant in US
Marketing & Advertising, 2–10 Employees

Not worth the money for my particular application

Comments: Under-utilized because the tools on Meta and LinkedIn are easier for me to use. Found customer service to be inflexible. I liked having the free account(s), but those are gone now. Just too expensive for my level of business.

Pros:

I can schedule out social media for different clients (but only up to 10 SM accounts)

Cons:

Awkward to use, I like using FB Meta and LinkedIn scheduling better. Seems like I'm always getting SM accounts disconnected and I find out later that my scheduled posts never posted. I don't see any email correspondence or IMs or anything to alert me of this. I find out by accident. Customer Service. Hootsuite is not meeting my needs and I am underutilizing it as such. I asked for a partial refund and they refused. It's a lot of money for something I can't utilize easily. It's a lot of money for just 10 SM accounts. I think that this platform is intended for deep-pocketed larger organizations with Social Marketing teams/depts. than for small business. There is no opt-out for auto-renewing subscriptions.

Darren
Presenter in Spain
Broadcast Media, Self Employed

Probably the most reliable service available.

Comments: Great and most reliable service available, although the most restrictive for free users.

Pros:

Hootesuite is highly reliable and I can schedule posts and forget knowing they will go out on time every time. Simple to use with one of the best post editing I've used on mobile.

Cons:

Hootesuite has a problem dragging images out of websites when sharing web pages.

Sheila
Graphic Design, Self Employed

Makes life so much easier

Comments: I'm able to efficiently see all of my social channels in one place. It makes it easier and less stressful to schedule, listen, reply to messages/comment, tag, etc. than having to go to each channels individually.

Pros:

I like that you can schedule posts and see what's coming in a calendar. You can also "listen" to social media by setting up a hashtag you'd like to follow and all posts that use that hashtag will appear in a stream. You can set up a several streams for one social channel such as for posts, messages, scheduled posts, etc. You can even manage and reply to comments.

Cons:

It takes a bit of a learning curve. It has some limitations as far as tagging companies or people. Some functions, you'll have to do directly on the social channel. But that's also the case with any social media management and analytics software like Hootsuite.

Rick
Rick
Construction, 2–10 Employees

Hootsuite made Social media useable for us

Comments: We’ve been really happy with Hootsuite. It’s shortened the time we have to spend on social media and made the time we do spend on it much more streamlined.

Pros:

We only use social media because Hootsuite allows us to manage all the different platforms at once. Otherwise we would only use 2 platform or spend a lot more time on it.

Cons:

I’d really like to have a little more automation options. It’s taken a while to get used to everything but now we’re really happy.

Marketing & Advertising, 201–500 Employees

Love this social tool!

Comments: I saved ENORMOUS amounts of time with Hootsuite. I can't imagine doing all that it helped me do manually... from monitoring comments, to responding to people, to scheduling multiple posts a week on multiple platforms per week, to everything in between. Hootsuite really helped me streamline my job even when we had limited budgets and resources to do anything else.

Pros:

I used to do full-time social media management and was using Hootsuite constantly to schedule posts for my clients and track social conversations and mentions in real time. I love how simple and easy it is to use – you'd never think multiple columns across your screen would work or keep you sane... but it gets the job done! I can easily respond to people, retweet it, flag it and more. Another awesome think I love about Hootsuite is the ability you have to help gather content. I was constantly looking for things to retweet to get engaged with others online, so I used one of my columns to track particular keywords. I could then get real-time tweets and posts from people talking about the topics I wanted to engage with and retweet for the brands I was managing. Honestly that made my job 100x easier!

Cons:

I do know it has been a little clunky for me in the past. Sometimes keyword columns won't update and I've had to delete and recreate the search – or I would schedule posts and the photos wouldn't go out. I think they have fixed some of these issues over the years. There is also a maximum number of columns you can create in the free version, so I sometimes ran into issues where I wanted to use more features but couldn't. But, overall, I appreciate the value I got for the $$.

Jhonjerlyn
CEO in US
Real Estate, 1,001–5,000 Employees

A bold system that helps you and traffic to your social networks in a matter of minutes.

Comments: It is a platform that is complete with respect to the functionalities that it offers, I'm happy with the general functionality that this platform has represented during all this time, we have been using it for more than a year and the results have been innovative, all our social networks have remained quite revelant activity day in day out, as well as added quite a bit of interaction with customers. We would love for this platform to implement an anti-spam system, which can block any irregular activity in our messages from the inbox of our social networks, this would help a lot today. And within this platform, only the rates must be improved, the inbox system must also be improved so that it is more beneficial and can have a greater order in the messages received. The general features of this platform help social networks remain active, you can interact with customers through comments, and reactions, as well as you can see how many times your customers share the publication.

Pros:

Hootsuite is a fairly system to manage all kinds of social networks, its wide availability and the few limits ti has help social networks to be managed in a concrete way, as well as monitoring and managing the traffic in each of them. What I like the most about this platform is that it offers me real-time analysis and visualization of the activity of all the platforms, I can visualize the activity of Facebook or Instagram accounts from this platform in real time, visualize comments, reactions or interactions of the customers with other publications, all in real time. Another thing that I like is that this platform allows me to create scheduled publications, I can create a publication and select where the publication will be sent, I can select several social networks at the same time so that this publication is uploaded at an exact time in all the social networks that I selected, program publications has improved the activity of our social networks in scale, because it has maintained activity in an automated way, without the need to do anything manually.

Cons:

One of the negative things about this platform is that it is a bit complicated to manage messages received within it, when we link all the social networks that we use in this company, all the messages received are stored in the same tray input, this causes all the received messages to be combined and it turns out to be a bit difficult to read each one of them and know which social network it comes from, I would like the inbox to be much more organized, dividing each one of the messages received in each social network, this would help us to have an incredible order in the messages received and to be able to attend to each of them little by little. Another negative thing is that this platform should offer much more affordable prices, currently I only recommend using this platform in large companies that can cover the high costs it has.

Health, Wellness & Fitness, 51–200 Employees

How Hootsuite Makes Social Media Management Easy and Effective

Comments: my overall experience with the platform has been very positive. I appreciate how easy it is to manage multiple social media accounts from a single dashboard, which saves me a lot of time and effort in planning and publishing content across my social media channels.One of my favorite features is Hootsuite's scheduling and automation capabilities, which allow me to plan and publish content ahead of time and automate some of my social media activities. This feature has been incredibly helpful in streamlining my social media strategy.I also appreciate Hootsuite's analytics and reporting features, which enable me to track and measure the impact of my social media efforts. Being able to see the performance of my social media channels and optimize my strategy accordingly has been very valuable.Overall, I would highly recommend Hootsuite to anyone looking for a reliable and efficient social media management platform. The range of features and tools that Hootsuite offers can benefit businesses and individuals alike, and the platform's ease of use makes it a great choice for those new to social media management as well.

Pros:

I appreciate Hootsuite's user-friendly interface, which makes it easy to manage multiple social media accounts from a single dashboard. The platform's scheduling and automation features are also highly valued, as they save my time and effort in planning and publishing content across my social media channels.The ability to monitor social media activity and engage with customers in real time is another feature that I appreciate. Hootsuite's analytics and reporting capabilities also enable me to track and measure the impact of my social media efforts, allowing me to optimize my strategy for better results.In summary, I appreciate the comprehensive suite of features that Hootsuite offers, as well as its ease of use and ability to streamline social media management.

Cons:

I have reported occasional glitches or technical issues with Hootsuite. Additionally, I have noted that the pricing structure can be a bit expensive for smaller businesses or individual users.That being said, Hootsuite's customer support team is generally responsive and helpful in resolving any issues that users may encounter. Additionally, the platform offers a range of pricing plans to suit different needs and budgets, so I can choose the plan that works best for me.Overall, while I have reported issues with the platform, Hootsuite remains a popular and highly rated social media management tool, with a range of features that can benefit businesses and individuals alike.

Matthew
Consumer Goods, Self Employed

You get the best when you pay for the best.

Comments: Other than the pricing, it's been fantastic, not only has the data that was tailored to me helped me throughout my processes but I have learned so much on how to optimize my posts in ways I probably wouldn't have considered before, but I'd say the ease-of-use is probably the most notable piece of Hootsuite that one could takeaway from this review. It's a fantastic choice, if you have the money to pay for it.

Pros:

This is not a "feature" per-say, but a part of hootsuite I liked most, compared to other products that share similar features is the ease-of-use. I've used other tools that mimic what Hootsuite does and I would say without a doubt that Hootsuite has the lowest learning curve, simply because of the way they built it. You have something you want to post but haven't had time to look through any of the other factors like keywords, best times, formats, etc? Hootsuite has it all right there for you. I was first interested Hootsuite simply to plan posts, as anyone who is considering using this tool knows, planning social media posts in bulk saves enormous amounts of time, it's not even comparable, but as soon as I started using this tool I was able to throw almost every other tool out the window I used to make my posts better/more findable to my target audience. I'm sure you are like me where you have 50 bookmarks of keyword generation, best times, best dates, etc. for your videos but with hootsuite it's all in one place, and not only that, once you get going, the data is tailored to you, so you no longer have to pull general statistics from what a video SHOULD do at certain time or with certain keywords etc. You can't go wrong with Hootsuite, even if you have no idea what you're doing, they have tutorials for how to do anything that you might want to do to improve your channels/accounts.

Cons:

This is what the title of this review is about. And honestly, this is the only con I have found so far. You are getting the best no doubt, but you are paying for the best. I'd say if your just starting out and this isn't much of a cashflow yet, you might just have to put in the time and effort to circumnavigate the tools of Hootsuite, although it probably won't but just as good, with enough grit you can probably come somewhere close, but it takes a whole bunch of time more. But I can say without a doubt, if your serious about promoting your channels and accounts, and you've got the capital, just go with Hootsuite, anything else is subpar, but again, it's just a heck of a lot of money unfortunately.

Kelsey
Kelsey
Marketing Specialist in US
Nonprofit Organization Management, 51–200 Employees

Hootsuite

Comments: Overall, I love Hootsuite. It's easy to use, easy to integrate, and really solves a lot of problems that social media managers face every day.

Pros:

Hootsuite is the must-have tool for social media managers that want to utilize their time more efficiently, gain analytics on your messages and audience, and interact with the public more frequently to grow your audience. Hootsuite is a great tool and I would recommend it for anyone who uses social media on a professional level. It allows you to track hashtags, schedule messages, gain insights into which messages are more popular, and learn about your audience.

Cons:

I would say the thing that I like least about Hootsuite is the limitation on streams that you can have. They also have different levels of payments which allow for more possibilities, but they can get a little complicated to decipher which is right for you. My organization went back and forth between the paid and free trials a couple of times in a year because we couldn't exactly decide which would be the best for us so I recommend doing some research into all the capabilities that come with the different levels before committing.

Juanita
Marketing & Outreach Coordinator in US
Nonprofit Organization Management, 11–50 Employees

The Best Social Media Post Management Software

Comments: Overall, Hootsuite is a great software to use as a sole user or as a team. Their customer service is superb and they’re always looking for feedback to improve their software.

Pros:

Not only is Hootsuite easy to use but it also provides you with all the necessary tools to manage multiple social media accounts, schedule posts and stories, but it also has great analytics report capabilities!

Cons:

The only con is that sometimes videos don’t get published but we also had that problem with our previous social media management software. This is not a deal breaker as they communicate when such things happen.

Marina
Director of Communications in US
Philanthropy, 2–10 Employees

Great for Managing My Nonprofit Social Media Pages!

Comments: If you manage multiple social media pages for an organization or business, this is a great tool that will make your life so much easier and save you a lot of time!

Pros:

Hootsuite is a great timesaver. I love that as I'm setting up social media posts for the week, I can schedule posts across multiple platforms at the same time, and be able to further tailor them to the character of each platform (Facebook post vs. Twitter post) all from the same site. I also really appreciate how you can add or remove different "streams" from your viewing page for each social media platform. For instance, on my Facebook tab in Hootsuite, I have my page's scheduled posts in one column, our already published posts in the next column, and our inbox messages in another. For Twitter, though, I have my page's tweets in one column, our other newsfeed tweets in another (which I can retweet, reply to, and like all from that column in Hootsuite!), our mentions in a third column, and our direct messages in another.

Cons:

Overall, Hootsuite is great, but there are a couple of things that bother me from time to time. When scheduling Facebook posts with multiple photo attachments, I've found that Hootsuite will publish each photo as a separate post, but with the same text each time, instead of including all the images in one post. This means that in these cases, I always have to go to Facebook's page to schedule posts with multiple images instead of being able to do it from Hootsuite. It's not something I have to do very often (typically, I only include one image with a post), but it's annoying nevertheless. I've also occasionally had Hootsuite incorrectly block me from being able to schedule my posts because it's internal clock is off and says that my posts (which I'm trying to schedule for several days away) aren't being scheduled for more than 5 minutes in the future.

Communications Specialist in Canada
Nonprofit Organization Management, 1,001–5,000 Employees

A comprehensive social media management suite, with just a few shortcomings

Comments: Overall Hootsuite has proved to be a trustworthy and competent social media management platform.

Pros:

The simplicity of being able to schedule simultaneously for multiple social channels is a huge time-saver. Having to separately publish and schedule posts on 3-4 platforms daily is a huge hassle and a drain on time. Hootsuite solves this problem and is a social media marketers best friend for that reason.

Cons:

One major caveat is the unfulfilling Instagram scheduling feature, which isn't exactly a true scheduling tool. Instead of scheduling and automatically posting Hootsuite requires users to have a push notification sent to the user which must then be opened in Instagram before posting. It's a bit of an inconvenience not being able to directly schedule posts to Instagram and having to use this workaround which feels amateurish.