15 years helping Australian businesses

About CaseFox

A cloud-based software for legal billing, time tracking, invoicing, case management, online payments & many more all in one place.

Learn more about CaseFox

Pros:

It seems to do everything we need. Customer Support is top notch.

Cons:

It lack many features that are available in other products.

CaseFox ratings

4.4
4.4
4.2
4.5

8.2/10

CaseFox has an overall rating of 4.5 out 5 stars based on 98 user reviews on Capterra.

Have you used CaseFox before?

Christie
Christie
Law Practice, 2–10 Employees

Great product for an even better price

Comments: CaseFox has made the management of my law practice seamless and easy.

Pros:

I previewed / used the free trial of several different billing and case management software systems in the market. At a former firm I’ve personally used a leading industry software and CaseFox by far is a superior product to everything I have used. It is incredibly simple to set up, and integrates seamlessly with my google suite and lawpay. I personally use google drive for my document management (but they also integrate with DropBox and other clouds) and with CaseFox it connects my employees to the drive through the software so we’re all working on the same document and there’s no overlap. The billing is incredibly easy and again is connected to my LawPay account so I don’t have to go to multiple places when billing or confirming payments. There is a client portal that I don’t use as much as I would like but the clients who do use it say that it is simple to log in and use. I appreciate the ability to purchase stand alone services (such as more users, more storage etc.) instead of being forced to pay for services I don’t use. Customer service has always responded timely. The price of this software is where CF really stands apart- I was worried when I originally signed up that I would be receiving a substandard product. I had resigned myself because I wasn’t willing to commit to high fees every month with other products. I was surprised and happy to discover that CF is just as good and better in some aspects than other products I’ve used, for half the price.

Cons:

The only issue I come across occasionally is ease of use. There are a lot of functions in CaseFox and the normal billing and setting up a file is easy. Linking my google drive and/ or bank accounts hasn’t been as easy and requires a deeper dive into the software. Setting up these functions weren’t as user friendly but customer service was helpful and my younger employee got it worked out.

3 years ago

We are pleased to receive such valuable feedbacks from our clients. Thank you so much, Ryan for taking out some time and write this important and useful review which can benefit everyone! Well, we'll work on the loopholes you pointed out for a better user experience

Daniel
Principal Engineer in US
Mechanical or Industrial Engineering, Self Employed

With some tweaks, CaseFox would work better for forensic investigators and expert witnesses.

Comments: I have only experience one system outage in the 2+ years I have been using the software. Unfortunately, such an occurrence happens at the most inconvenient times.

Pros:

The linkages within the software allow it to play well in the office tools environment. Integrations to MSOffice, Quickbooks and Dropbox are well accepted.

Cons:

The tool would be much more flexible if there were two environments for the lawyer and the expert. There are a number of tasks that the forensic expert does not need to interface with but many of the tasks overlap with the legal side and it would be nice to have a way to eliminate the ones of no interest. I also find the expert is often retained by a third-party and works for the lawyer, but invoices the third-party. The software data model does not appreciate this scenario. The work arounds are kludgy.

4 years ago

Thank you Daniel for this helpful review, we appreciate the fact that you spared your time out to review us with such details. We would surely work on the same as mentioned by you.

Shawndrica
Law Practice, 2–10 Employees

Inexpensive but the old system was much better

2.0 3 weeks ago New

Comments: I am disappointed in the new system and they should go back to the layout of the old system.

Pros:

The cost is what I like the most and ability to track hours.

Cons:

The new system is trash, fonts too big, stuff is hidden, not easily accessible and overall too difficult to navigate and find things.

6 days ago

Thank you for your honest feedback, Shawndrica. We’re glad you appreciate our pricing and the ability to track hours. We apologize for any inconvenience caused by the new system layout. We value your input and are continuously working to improve the user experience. Your feedback about the font size and accessibility issues will be taken into consideration for future updates. We appreciate your long-term support and are committed to making CaseFox better for all users. Thank you for sharing your thoughts.

Daniel
Owner in US

Lifesaver Starting a Small/Solo Firm

Comments: CaseFox has made it possible for me to have a case management software while practicing as a part-time solo. Growing the practice is much slower than if it was my primary job/income. I would be using Word for invoices, Excel for time-keeping, and "Ctrl-F" for conflict checking if I never found CaseFox.

Pros:

CaseFox provides all of the features I would expect in any case management/billing software, only with an amazing price structure that won't be found anywhere else. This makes it possible, and practical, for a small/solo firm just starting up to use the software immediately, become acquainted with it, and allow it to grow with the practice.

Cons:

Like least? This is difficult because I haven't found anything I need that is missing from CaseFox. All of the features/integrations/customization make it feel a bit overwhelming at first glance. Like any software, though, that just takes time to become familiar with it all. The ability to customize the time code list, maybe? I feel like that is probably possible, but I just haven't figured it out yet.

2 years ago

Hey Daniel, We are grateful that you took the time out to leave us a review. Your feedback helps us to improve our service for everyone.

Jonathan
Managing Attorney in US
Law Practice, 2–10 Employees

Amazing, cost-effective case management and billing software

Comments: We have tried out literally 4-5 different practice management software solutions over the years, and we have finally found one that is simple, straightforward, and cost-effective. We love it.

Pros:

User-friendly, intuitive, easy to fix mistakes...and, of course, the price.

Cons:

Occasional bugs and glitches, which aren't a big deal because I've always been able to find a work-around.

Law Practice, 2–10 Employees

Way better than the ones I have used

Pros:

I practice intellectual property and love all of the customization that Casefox provides. I have used leading industry products and used to get frustrated with how few features relate to IP. Casefox offers the ability to customize the invoices, billing codes, the case information and offers great bang for buck. Once I figured out how the invoices can be set up so that payments are reflected on my trust and operating account, bookkeeping got even better.

Cons:

While Casefox does offer the option of selecting a more modern looking interface, the look of the default interface which seemed somewhat messy and old has grown on me over time.

R Grant
Law Practice, 2–10 Employees

A month I will never get back

Comments: The stress and frustration associated with an unsynced and unworkable calendar, while deadlines are a daily occurrence cannot be understated

Pros:

There appeared to be at least some genuine effort to resolve the unresolved issues

Cons:

Everything else - you can't work with something if you are not confident in its capabilities

6 days ago

Not sure what the issue was. We have been in the business since 2011 and always excelled in customer service and resolutions if we were apprised of issues. CaseFox doesn't sync with Clio, there is no reason for that. In addition to syncing with external calendars, CaseFox also provides its own calendaring including separate reminders starting from a few days prior to the appointments so no deadline is missed.

stephanie
attorney in US

fantastic software

Comments: really great

Pros:

so far I've navigated on my own and it's fairly intuitive. the end product invoice/bill is extremely professional. I only have one client right now so it doesn't make sense to subscribe to legal billing software for a fee. SO grateful that case fox has a permanent free option for those just starting out with only a client or two. once my client base increases I will be happy to subscribe. thank you for this option!

Cons:

still navigating around. the one issue I've had thus far is editing the time/expenses after "billed" and getting separate invoices that I did not mean to create to print as one invoice. I combined them and it did print together but under separate headings.

9 months ago

Hey Stephanie, Thank you so much for your review, we are happy that you liked our software. Keeping in mind the hurdles you are facing, we would be happy to offer you a walk-through of all the features. Please email us at [email protected] for scheduling the call. Thank You, Team CaseFox

Tom
Tom
Accountant in UK
Accounting, 2–10 Employees

Works well and easy to use

Comments: My overall experience with CaseFox has been great, it filled a gap in my practice software needs perfectly and now makes me look 100x more professional when dealing with complex cases.

Pros:

I like that CaseFox contains all of the features I would need for basic case management in their free offering. This really gives you plenty of time to ensure it is the right fit for your practice before committing to the higher tiers.

Cons:

Unfortunately CaseFox is undergoing a redesign, whilst this does not have a major effect if you stick to one version and use it there can be problems when changing to the new version as it doesn't have all of the same features as the old one and reformats some of the reports.

4 years ago

Thankyou Tom, for your balanced and fair review. We're happy that your experience with CaseFox went smoothly. Also your feedback helps us get better. We are looking into the issue and hope to resolve it promptly and accurately.

Peter
Legal Services, Self Employed

EXCELLENT PRODUCT

Pros:

I have been a user for many years. Wonderful support. Does everything.

Cons:

Would love to have an automatic back up to the cloud------Is it comming ?

Eric
MD in Isle of Man

Good work

Comments: Timekeeping a breeze. Invoice prints should be a breeze but the formatting isn't customisable enough for me.

Pros:

Free version just as capable as paid, so moving up to the paid version was an easy choice. Thanks guys. Easy decision over my competitors!

Cons:

It's a little clunky, the UI/UX needs work, I don't understand the new interface at all so have stuck with classic, integration with Google Drive could be better so I don't use that aspect. More or less, this is used this for purely timekeeping but if the other features were more user-friendly, I'd tend to use them more.

Joe
President in US
Legal Services, 2–10 Employees

We have used CaseFox for over 3 years. It improved greatly in that time. Easy to use.

Comments: Easy way to keep track of time and bill our clients.

Pros:

Easy to use. Easy to set up. Customer support very responsive. If something does not work the way we want it to, we contact them, and they make it happen.

Cons:

Does not automatically generate reminder bills in matters with no recent activity. The available reports do not provide all of the information I want it and I do not have the skill to customize the reports.

Nathan
US
Legal Services, 2–10 Employees

Excellent service at a great price!

Comments: When I first started out as a solo practitioner, CaseFox was a huge help in quickly and easily tracking my time, billing my clients and managing my accounts.

Pros:

The time tracking & billing features are seamless and very intuitive to use.

Cons:

It would be nice if the ledger "learned" what certain recurring payments I input are, so that they are categorized properly in the future.

Kimberly

CaseFox

Pros:

It is easy to use. I like all the features from setting up a client/matter, timekeeping, invoices, ledger, historical billings.

Cons:

I can't think of any issues I have with the software.

Jim
CEO in US
Accounting, 11–50 Employees

A great way to make money

Comments: We have a small tax consulting firm. I had been tracking chargeable time on a spreadsheet, and summarizing on the monthly invoices. This software has made thousands of dollars for us in capturing consultant time.

Pros:

It tracks time and charges perfectly.

Darell
Private Investigator in US
Legal Services, Self Employed

One of The Best Programs I've Used

Comments: My experience with this program was one that I did not have to think twice about upgrading. I knew right away that it was what I have been looking for in reference to tracking time, expenses and overall productivity.

Pros:

It is so easy to use. It doesn't require weeks of study or taking a course to try to figure it out. I don't have a lot of time for reading manuals and trying to figure things out. I needed something I could jump right into and this was it. I use it all day every day,

Cons:

I can't think of anything that this program lacks at this time.

4 years ago

Thankyou Darell for such a heartful recognition. We work hard to meet expectations like yours, and we're happy to hear we hit the mark for you.

Juan
Paralegal/Case-Manager in US

Multiple Practice Professional Review

Comments: So far I like the fact that this product can be used across multiple industries. I would honestly say that it's a software that I can highly see in the future having multiple lawyers use it.

Pros:

That it has an Apple and Android compability software.

Cons:

That I'm unable to use it as Quickbooks to see how much income is left after working on a particular case.

Stephen
Attorney in US

This is a great timekeeping software that is easy to use.

Pros:

I like that it is online, and that my co-counsel in other states can simply log in and enter their time on my cases.

Cons:

If I had to pick something, I would say that sometimes I can get lost in the different tabs of where to go.

Pablo
Law Practice, 2–10 Employees

Big service for little money

Comments: Great!

Pros:

I've used other software companies in other firms and I wanted to be careful with my initial expenses when I opened my own firm. I came across casefox and began using it for its price. I've been now using it and recommending it, not just for the price, but also for the service and easy platform. Thank you!

Cons:

I found that the check printing feature is not very friendly.

Christina
Used the Software for: Not provided

Great product, very intuative and staff is always ready to help!

Comments: Great software, they always help when we need it, and have actually modified our program for us. Way better than software we used that was 3 times the price. Love that I can access anywhere and we get daily backups. Only thing I wish was better was ability to track my time. I want to see a calendar that has just my time. So I can see a breakdown of what I billed each day on a large calendar. I can search a specific amount of time (like a week of time or 9 days of time - whatever date range I put in) and it will tell me the amount I billed and I can click on each day and it can list what I billed each day.

9 years ago

Thank you for your feedback. We will try to follow your suggestions. We can easily set your account so that you see your entries only in your Calendar view.

Allison
Director in South Africa

Excellent

Pros:

I absolutely love the versatility of this program and the fact that i can now monitor my staff's productivity throughout the day. These reports can be used for performance reviews.

Cons:

I have only just started using this product so we are still finding our way around it. so far i cannot find anything that i dont like

Christopher

So Far So Good

Comments: So Far So Good, except how they make you write a review in order to continue, either way it does a great job!

Pros:

It does everything

Cons:

It asks you to write a review

7 years ago

Thank you for a review. We sometimes ask our users to write candid reviews about our service and product so we know how we are doing, but this is not a requirement to continue to use our product. In any case, we appreciate your review.

Kimbly
owner in US
Consumer Services, 2–10 Employees

Just What I Need

Comments: Great!

Pros:

This software is reliable and easy use in operating a small business

Cons:

pay plus service combined with law pay makes the process between casefox and lawpay unclear.

Murtaza
Used the Software for: Not provided

Very good software (use it for billing and invoicing, and tracking lawyers' times).

Comments: Pros:
1. Easy to use, easy to train staff
2. No downtime issues, available at all times
3. Very reasonably priced (esp. compared to other providers)
4. Partners have visibility of the entire firm in a button
Cons
1. Back-end document management system & integration could be better -- only shows main folder, not subfolders
2. Would be nice to have more 3rd party integration
3. Software updates are a bit spontaneous
Overall -- great software, and we are happy to use it!

Hyrum
Used the Software for: Not provided

Very powerful tool with just a little bit of experience.

Comments: This is an excellent tool for all of my case tracking and organization. It is slightly complicated, but don't let that scare you. Complexity should be expected in any product that has the ability to handle case management, hour tracking, client billing, and all of the other day to day responsibilities of a law office. If you take the complexity out you lose flexibility and usefulness, and with only a few hours of use I was able to fly through menus and do exactly what I wanted.